• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baloo

Smash Ace
From just skimming it, Milly is great. I like the elemental thing.

Marx preview time:

Final Smash - I Got the Sun and Moon to Fight
You thought it would be Soul Marx! Marx laughs and says “I got the sun and moon to fight" Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright appear on the top of the battlefield. Mr. Shine stays on the right side, which is shrouded in darkness, preventing all but Marx, who has a spotlight upon him, from seeing what they are doing or where they are going. On the left side Mr. Bright floats, burning that side with scorching heat and sunlight which does four damage a second, except to Marx, who has a small snowstorm falling around himself. At first they just shoot a few fire balls and golden crescents, but soon the fighting gets out of hand. Mr. Bright shoots golden crescent moons everywhere in his sector, while Mr. Shine blasts his section with fireballs. As their battle grows more intense, they send out more attacks, until Bright's section is crisscrossed with golden boomerangs and Shine's section is a blazing bonfire. They then send the fire balls and moon boomerangs into each others sectors, until the whole battlefield is a huge swarm of fire and gold. They both do five damage and medium knockback, but this smash will easily rack up about one hundred and fifty damage. This might seem broken, but Marx's immunity to everything around him can also be his downfall. The opponent, if lucky enough to reach Marx before the storm, can share said immunity, merely by attacking him they can turn the tables on him and break his shield, gaining it for themselves. This is the fatal flaw of this smash, Marx must make sure to stay away from other players during the first three seconds of this attack. After that, during the next twelve seconds they're barraged by projectiles, giving them hardly any chance to attack Marx. Also, at the end there is high lag, during which he bows toward the audience, us.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/kirby/en/images/8/84/Mrshinemrbright.png

SirKibble

Smash Champion
WHY CAN'T I BE EASILY DEFINABLE???
Because you're the Wierdie Sandbag. :p

I think I just defined you in two words. :chuckle:

Now I must apologize to Twil for not commenting on Milly earlier. The moveset looks good, but I don't think it's your best. The Specials are absolutely great! I especially liked the Neutral. However, I felt like a few the Standard Attacks could have been a little more exciting. I dunno, I felt like I kinda just trudged my way through a couple of them.

Regardless, it was a good read! :)

Oh, just read the above. Looks pretty cool (though the damage is rather high), but you mixed up Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright part-way through.

Shine = Moon
Bright = Sun

How do you remember that? Just think MOONSHINE! :bee:

half_silver28

Smash Ace
NEw question: What should be by next moveset? Sasuke, Guillo or Three Days Grace? Sorry, but Yoh will have to wait until 5.0 =P
TDG. :chuckle:

@spam: I got ToS:DotnW & FF 4 today :bee: /spam

so I'll hopefully be able to finish up spyro's boss, ATs & stuff soon. I'm gonna be heading to miami early sunday morning, but hopefully they'll have internetz once I get to the hotel :ohwell:

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Lol fair enough, mass debates are always messy anyways.

Well EXCUUUUUSE me, Princess.

I think it's what's best for the community. There is already a set form of standards, which is why newcomer movesets are being ignored mostly - the noobish ones - or SmashBrosMike'd. This standard is fine, but the veering off into overdetail is what I don't want to continue.
There isn't a veering off into overdetail.....

You are incredibly naive. We have made every effort to embrace newcomers who attempt to do well. Take Tanookie as a prime example.

SmashBrosMike is practically a troll.... there is no helping him. But we have atleast tried to help SmashBrosMike.

Smady

Smash Master
There isn't a veering off into overdetail.....

You are incredibly naive. We have made every effort to embrace newcomers who attempt to do well. Take Tanookie as a prime example.

SmashBrosMike is practically a troll.... there is no helping him. But we have atleast tried to help SmashBrosMike.
I am not incredibly naive, drama llama. Who is 'we'? I certainly haven't seen much of that effort, all good movesets are viewed the same way - there's an equality that cancels out that elitism which you seem to be accusing me of pointing the finger at... aw, forget it. :urg:

There are others, and there will be more. We don't want to go into too much detail, in my opinion, as a community - which we aren't and I support. There are just a few early signs of it that are worrying and some movesets that raise the eager eyebrow.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Okay, the debate is fine, but nobody hurl insults. That's hardly necessary, and it doesn't reflect well on you or on us as a community.

In cooler news, I believe my latest and greatest moveset may be ready.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Because you're the Wierdie Sandbag. :p

I think I just defined you in two words. :chuckle:
I'm the... weird one?!? THIS IS AN OUTRAGE. HE MUST DIE.

By the way, does it look like your secret moveset will be done any time soon? The secret one that only I know about? Y'know? EDIT: Oh. Okay. There's MY question answered.

'Cause yours is too awesome to describe with mere words. Duh. After all, I AM stealing Kawasaki's template...
I like this answer a LOT more! The Awesome Sandbag. HOORAY! *gives Tanookie marshmallows*

And guys, this debate is really pointless. You clearly don't see eye-to-eye, and, at times, it even seems like you aren't talking about the same thing. :dizzy:

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Now I must apologize to Twil for not commenting on Milly earlier. The moveset looks good, but I don't think it's your best. The Specials are absolutely great! I especially liked the Neutral. However, I felt like a few the Standard Attacks could have been a little more exciting. I dunno, I felt like I kinda just trudged my way through a couple of them.
Yeah i know it isn't my best. It was more of a "for fun only" moveset in my category. It's um....really hard to explain. Kalas wasn't released long ago (about 4-5 days ago i think....), and Milly comes out shortly after. Why? Because making this moveset was sssoooo much fun!!!! The most fun i ever had in making a moveset. Seriously, no other moveset had ever been this fun to make. I think that Kalas (and mmmmmaaaayyyybbbbeeee Gaara) is a better moveset, i just had a lot of fun, that's all.

Hmmmmm......

Guillo = 2
TDG = 1
Sasuke = 0

=P....looks like Guillo is next, but first i just want to work on my next SSE chapter.......

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I want to be a specific Sandbag. Can I be special? :psycho:

Yeah, I think it's ready. Here's hoping I haven't overlooked anything! *crosses fingers*

Once I get a new page, I'll post.

#6 (label, but don't spam for it, please)

Smady

Smash Master
#7, looking forward to it, Kibble. I missed Dyna Blade.

I'm going to go google / wikipedia 'Guillo' now.

Edit: Is this it?

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I am not incredibly naive, drama llama. Who is 'we'? I certainly haven't seen much of that effort, all good movesets are viewed the same way - there's an equality that cancels out that elitism which you seem to be accusing me of pointing the finger at... aw, forget it. :urg:

There are others, and there will be more. We don't want to go into too much detail, in my opinion, as a community - which we aren't and I support. There are just a few early signs of it that are worrying and some movesets that raise the eager eyebrow.
We...
We three...
We the people...
And my personal favorite....
WHEEE!!!!

Ok that was random. I meant we as in the community. Now when was the last time a newcomer was completely rejected by us... Smashbrosmike and GenericTacoKid don't count because they are trolls.

There is no standard that everyone must follow... there is an average, which is impossible to avoid in any circumstance, but that simply defines what makes well.... an average moveset.

Ok name some movesets that you call overdetailed.

Can't wait to find out what this secret moveset of Kibble's is.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
HORRAY!
What about my answer? :(
Well, you know what they say. When life gives you lemons, hit him with a whiffle bat.

I want to be a specific Sandbag. Can I be special? :psycho:

Yeah, I think it's ready. Here's hoping I haven't overlooked anything! *crosses fingers*

Once I get a new page, I'll post.

#6 (label, but don't spam for it, please)
YAYZ! Soon EVERYONE will know you made ***** *** *****!

And you're already specific. You're the nice one. Warlord's bad, Mendez is eccentric, Chris is in between. And, apparently, I'm weird/awesome/lemons.

#9!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Well, you know what they say. When life gives you lemons, hit him with a whiffle bat.
I can safely say I never hit Lemon with a whiffle bat... :ohwell:

Lemon, get your arse back in this thread, NAO!!

YAYZ! Soon EVERYONE will know you made ***** *** *****!

And you're already specific. You're the nice one. Warlord's bad, Mendez is eccentric, Chris is in between. And, apparently, I'm weird/awesome/lemons.
Oh, yeah... I'm the Nice Sandbag. *is nice*

#10 #11

Smady

Smash Master
We...
We three...
We the people...
And my personal favorite....
WHEEE!!!!

Ok that was random. I meant we as in the community. Now when was the last time a newcomer was completely rejected by us... Smashbrosmike and GenericTacoKid don't count because they are trolls.

There is no standard that everyone must follow... there is an average, which is impossible to avoid in any circumstance, but that simply defines what makes well.... an average moveset.

Ok name some movesets that you call overdetailed.
First things first, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Secondly, there was a moveset I saw yesterday or the day before which was underdetailed and about someone from Advance Wars... no one attempted to help or commented on him or his moveset. There should really be a thread just for these poor newbies. *looks curiously at SSB4 thread*

Average the same as standard. Average moveset, standard moveset, potay-toh, potah-toh. As you say, it is unavoidable, as it its change over time, of which I strongly oppose that the community delve any deeper into using psycho babblish numbers or words that, without context, make no sense to the outside world. I assure you that with time these examples will only worsen until newcomers have no idea what the hell we're talking about.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
۞MR. SHINE & MR. BRIGHT۞

”We rule both the day and the night!
That leaves no time for you!”

SMASH APPEARANCE

Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright are a duo of two heavenly bodies that first appeared in Kirby’s Adventure as the boss of the Butter Building stage. Inseparable by nature, Mr. Shine is the crescent moon, and Mr. Bright is the fiery sun. Though they might seem to have constant conflict with each other, they actually work very well as a team, one taking to the sky while the other battles Kirby on the ground. In Smash Bros., they fight the same way, switching between the sky and the ground, with both of them always on the field of battle, utilizing teamwork to defeat their opposition.​

Note: While playing as one of these characters, the other floats in the sky, and cannot be damaged or sent flying. However, they share the same damage meter. The character you are mainly playing as performs all Standard Attacks, Smash Attacks, Aerials, and Grab/Throws, while the Special Attacks and the Final Smash all involve the one currently floating in the sky, and with the exception of the Final Smash, must all recharge for 15 seconds after use. For example, if Mr. Bright is in the sky and uses his Down Special, the Helion Beam, he would then be unable to use any of his other Special Moves (if you read below, you’ll see that also means no switching) for the next 15 seconds. The sky-bound character will glow when they are charged for an attack.

۞SWITCHING MECHANIC۞

Up Special – Celestial Substitution – This move works the same for both characters. The one you’re currently controlling (let’s assume it’s Mr. Shine) jumps directly up about two Stage Builder blocks’ height. Upon reaching his peak (which takes a little under a second), Mr. Shine will stick himself in the background at that spot, as a basic moon shape, like in actual Shine and Bright battles from the Kirby games. As he does this, Mr. Bright drops from his position, wherever it was, on the field. He will perform a straight drop downward, and becomes playable immediately upon hitting solid ground.

What this means is that you can save yourself from falling once by using your Up Special, but you’ll be unable to use it again without forcing yourself into a KO. During both the jump and the drop, Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright are resistant to knockback, though they’ll still take damage. Also worthy of note is the fact that a KO on Mr. Shine or Mr. Bright does not grant opponents the normal luxury of downtime. Scoring a KO on (for example) Mr. Shine will make Mr. Bright immediately drop from his sky-bound position, this time becoming immediately playable, without having to touch the ground first. Unfortunately, in the hands of an inexperienced player, this can also lead to two quick consecutive KOs for your opponent. Position yourselves well, players!

-------------------------
A chill permeates the air, and the sky grows ever darker. . .

۞MR. SHINE۞

۞STATS۞

Size: Mid ~ Mr. Shine is slightly larger than a Party Ball.
Weight: Mid-Light
Power: Mid-Weak
Jumps: 3
Jump (1): Mid-High
Jump (2-3): Mid
Speed (Walk): Mid-Slow
Speed (Run): Mid
Traction: Mid
Speed (Attack): Mid
Speed (Falling): Mid-Slow
Range: Mid-Long
Crouch: High
Crawl: No
Wall-Kick: No
Wall-Cling: No
Glide: No

۞STANDARD ATTACKS۞

Standard Combo – Reflect – Mr. Shine stands in place, his body gleaming. This does no damage, but serves as a one second long reflector. For one second, while Mr. Shine is lit up, he’ll reflect all projectiles that hit him. This has virtually no startup lag, but a bit at the end. Mr. Shine is not immune in any way to melee attacks.
[0%]

Forward Tilt – Glow Shot – Mr. Shine extends his hands in front of them, and a glowing sphere formulates just beyond them. The whole time the sphere is there, it does multi-hit damage, and can reach up to 5%. He has little lag on both ends of this move, and the sphere lasts for about a second. Unfortunately, because of his short arms, it doesn’t reach very far at all, as the sphere is only about as big as one of the apples on Green Greens.

If you tap A again very close to the end of the second that the sphere is out, Mr. Shine will launch it forward about one-fourth the length of Final Destination. This adds noteworthy ending lag, but the traveling sphere greatly helps this move’s range. It goes about as fast as Lucario’s Aura Sphere, and still does multi-hit damage to opponents it hits, scoring up to 5% before it’s passed through them.
[Up to 5% + Up to 5%]

Up Tilt – Illuminate – Mr. Shine glows, damaging opponents that hit him. The hitbox consists only of his glowing body, but this move suffers minimal starting and ending lag. He glows for about half a second, very brightly, and deals 3% damage and weak knockback to anyone who touches him. This move can be good for clearing space, but not much else.
[3%]

Down Tilt – Stardust Splash – Mr Shine reaches down and slaps the ground with one hand, splashing up sparkling stardust in front of him. The dust immediately covers an area similar to what a Fire Flower’s flames cover, and remains there for about 5 seconds. Opponents who enter the stardust while it’s there take steady damage of 2% per quarter-second until the stardust fades or they exit it. This has some lag at the beginning, and a bit at the end as well, but not anything too difficult to work around.
[2%]

Dash Attack – Clamp – Mr. Shine slides about one Stage Builder block’s length, and clamps his crescent tips down on anyone he contacts during that time. This has little startup lag, but a good amount of ending lag after the clamp. If he doesn’t connect with anyone, he’ll trip at the end of his slide. As long as he connects, though, he’ll deal 10% and pretty good knockback. Use at your own risk!
[10%]

۞SMASH ATTACKS۞

Forward Smash – Crescent Cutter – Mr. Shine charges up and tosses a small whirling cutter forward. It’s slightly smaller than Link’s Gale Boomerang, and has no accompanying tornado. It travels at about the same speed, going for approximately half the length of Final Destination. Anyone struck by the cutter takes 6-10% damage and fairly weak upward knockback. The startup lag on this move is something to be aware of, but the ending lag shouldn’t be a problem except in really clinching situations.
[6% to 10%]

Up Smash – Star Spray – Mr. Shine throws his hands up, and waves of stars shoot out in rapid succession. They cover a lot of area, about two Stage Builder blocks’ distance upward and one outward to each side. The lag is pretty average as well, so what’s this move’s downfall? Damage. Each star does only 1% damage, and opponents hit are only likely to be hit by 4-5 of them (though a very close opponent can be hit up to 10 times.). Couple that with the fact that the corresponding knockback is far from great, and this move becomes much more situational.
[Up to 10%]

Down Smash – Rolling Rush – Mr. Shine charges my spinning in place, similar to Jigglypuff when she uses Rollout. Upon release, he rolls forward along the ground, a little slower than Jigglypuff does, damaging opponents in his way. Unlike Jigglypuff, he’ll pass through opponents he hits, after giving them 10% damage and good backward knockback. Additionally, he can’t pass the edge of a platform like Jigglypuff. Charging affects the distance Mr. Shine travels while rolling, with a minimum of one-fourth of Final Destination, and a maximum of the full length of it.
[10%]

۞AERIALS۞

Neutral Air – Reflection Spin – Mr. Shine spins in place, taking on the same reflective property he does for his Standard Combo. He spins for about a second, but the reflection ability only kicks in for the second half of the spin. For the first part of the spin, Mr. Shine deals 5% damage and moderate knockback to those he connects with. This has little startup lag, but a fair amount of ending lag.
[5%]

Forward Air – Moonlight Magic – Mr. Shine pauses briefly, then rushes forward about three Stage Builder blocks’ length, releasing a powerful moon dust into the air all along his path as he goes. This powder lingers in the air for about 5 seconds, and any opponents who touch it will shrink to three-fourths of their normal size. In this state, they do only three-fourths of their normal damage and knockback, and also take 1.5X the normal knockback from attacks that hit them. Even with an above average lag time before the rush, this is an excellent move. Be careful about when and where you use it, though, as it will put Mr. Shine in a freefall.
[0%]

Backward Air – Crest Pulse – Mr. Shine arcs his back quickly, and a crescent energy burst emits from it, traveling backward to damage opponents. The crest is as tall as Mr. Shine, and rather thin. It travels backward about two Stage Builder blocks’ length before vanishing. Anyone it hits receives 8% damage and flinching knockback. Lag is slightly below average on the front end of this move, but well above average at its end.
[8%]

Up Air – Low Gravity – Mr. Shine suddently begins tumbling directly upward. This attack will halt any horizontal momentum you previously had when used, pausing Mr. Shine briefly to stop him before taking him up. This makes for some startup lag, though it is relatively short. Mr. Shine tumbles upward about the height of a whopping six Stage Builder blocks! He also deals a hit of 1% damage and flinching knockback to anyone he hits on the way up, although this hit has ridiculously low priority, and is easily beaten out. Mr. Shine can cancel out of the lift early by tapping the control stick down. At the end of this move, whether canceled early or not, Mr. Shine enters freefall.
[1%]

Down Air – Lullaby Powder – Mr. Shine opens his mouth and blows a mysterious powder downward. The powder covers a small area about the size of a Party Ball, falling toward the ground at a steady pace (if used from the top platform of Battlefield, it would reach the bottom level in about 3 seconds) and lasting for about 5 seconds before disappearing. Airborne opponents who come in contact with the powder are made helpless, falling uncontrollably until they are outside the powder’s reach. Opponents on the ground will fall asleep upon contact with the powder, sleeping for about as long as they would if hit by Jigglypuff’s Sing. This has a relatively large amount of lag at the start, with a moderate amount at the end.
[0%]

۞SPECIAL ATTACKS۞
REMEMBER, MR. SHINE USES THESE WHILE MR. BRIGHT IS IN PLAY

Neutral Special – Starburst – Mr. Shine blinks rapidly for about a half-second, then sprays small stars out in every direction. He does this for about two seconds, the hitbox radius being similar to that of a Smart Bomb explosion. Opponents caught in the stream of stars receive multi-hit damage up to 20%, and the attack is excellent at catching and is hard to DI out of.
[Up to 20%]

Side Special – Selene Ray – A thin ray of light emits from Mr. Shine all the way across the screen in the direction you press. If anyone touches this ray, Mr. Shine will begin rapid-firing small stars along the ray’s path, at about the same speed that Staryu shoots them. Each star does 1% damage, and he fires 20 of them, making a total of 20% damage possible, though dealing that much in a single use isn’t guaranteed. If three seconds pass and the ray doesn't touch anyone, it will vanish. Mr. Shine has to recharge for 15 seconds whether he fires the stars or not.
[Up to 20%]

Down Special – Star Shower – Mr. Shine calls down a shower of stars that randomly pelt different areas of the field. These stars are about the size of a Warp Star, and can rain down anywhere on the field, regardless of Mr. Shine’s position, but normally deal only 5% damage, with flinching knockback. Upon impact with anything solid, however, they’ll explode (like a Warp Star), dealing 10% damage and decent diagonal knockback. They will always take a downward path, though it can be diagonal to any degree, and they travel about as fast as PK Starstorm’s stars. A total of 12 stars fall, within the span of about 5 seconds.
[5% Per Hit or 10% Per Hit]

۞FINAL SMASH۞
REMEMBER, MR. SHINE USES THIS WHILE MR. BRIGHT IS IN PLAY

Final Smash – Ecliptic Curse – Mr. Shine turns around, disappearing into the background. Mr. Bright also vanishes with him. The screen goes dark, with only a small circle of light (about half the radius of a Smart Bomb explosion) around each player, while they remain frozen in place, stunned by the abrupt change in lighting. Then a terrible curse sets in. Suddenly, behind each player, there appears a holographic-looking duplicate of himself or herself. All in all, this animation takes about three seconds, and no one can move during this time. No light appears around the holograms, who remain hidden in the darkness.

After this, all 2, 4, or 6 players on the field (the duplicates perform as separate characters, though their damage meters remain unseen) become controlled by Level 9 CPUs, and frantically fight each other. The CPU ignores any teams, and all characters have the ability to damage anyone else. Meanwhile, the actual players (or CPUs) behind the character must struggle to regain control of their characters by moving the control stick around rapidly. Generally, players will be able to regain control in about 15 seconds. As soon as someone regains control of their character, their duplicate vanishes in a puff of smoke. The remaining cursed individuals will ignore characters that no longer have duplicates. Once everyone has broken the curse, both Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright reappear directly over the respawn area, Mr. Bright dropping and becoming playable.
[Variable Damage]

۞GRAB AND THROWS۞

Grab – Normal – Mr. Shine reaches forward and grabs his opponent. His reach is similar to that of Mr. Game and Watch.

Pummel – Stab – Mr. Shine leans forward, stabbing his crescent tips into his opponent for 3% damage. This cannot be repeated at a very fast rate.
[3%]

Forward Throw – Carrier Crash – Mr. Shine grips his opponent tightly and rolls forward about a quarter of the distance across Final Destination, then appears to hit a bump in the ground, jumping slightly and then crashing to the floor. This gives this Throw considerable ending lag, but it deals a solid 10% damage, making it Mr. Shine’s most damaging throw. It has a bit of startup lag as well, and it should be noted that he will not pass edges while using this throw.
[10%]

Backward Throw – Shooting Star – Mr. Shine throws his opponent backward on a star, which explodes after it travels about three Stage Builder blocks’ length, dealing 8% damage and decent knockback. It travels about the speed of a Smash thrown item, and is incapable of damaging other players. This has little lag on both ends.
[8%]

Up Throw – Astro Boost – Mr. Shine leaps into the air about the height of the highest Battlefield platform, then throws his opponent upward with both hands, dealing 5% damage and decent upward knockback. This has a good amount of startup lag, but almost no ending lag. Mr. Shine ends this attack in the air.
[5%]

Down Throw – Lunar Lashing – Mr. Shine tosses his opponent to the ground, then points one hand at them, which releases a flurry of energy cutters (like the one in his Backward Air, only smaller). He shoots 8 of them, which each do 1% damage. This all happens within about a second. This Throw has no chaingrab potential.
[Up to 8%]

۞TAUNTS۞

Up Taunt – Mr. Shine spreads his arms out, and glows magnificently for a second or so.

Side Taunt – Mr. Shine points forward, then drags his finger across his throat.

Down Taunt – Mr. Shine folds his arms and taps his foot impatiently.

The world is ablaze, as a searing light burns through the sky. . .

۞MR. BRIGHT۞

۞STATS۞

Size: Mid ~ Mr. Bright is a little larger than a Party Ball.
Weight: Mid-Light
Power: Mid-Weak
Jumps: 3
Jump (1): Mid-High
Jump (2-3): Mid
Speed (Walk): Mid-Slow
Speed (Run): Mid
Traction: Mid
Speed (Attack): Mid
Speed (Falling): Mid-Slow
Range: Mid-Long
Crouch: High
Crawl: No
Wall-Kick: No
Wall-Cling: No
Glide: No

۞STANDARD ATTACKS۞

Standard Combo – Slow Burn – Mr. Bright sits in place, his flames encircling him and burning opponents who touch him. They don't expand all that far beyond his body, this just makes them more potent. This has pretty good priority against physical attacks, but projectiles will always go through his fiery barrier and damage him. He can hold this as long as he wants, and opponents who touch him receive 3% damage and weak diagonal knockback. There isn't very much startup lag, but the ending lag is something to be aware of.
[3%]

Forward Tilt – Fire Whip – Mr. Bright spins horizontally, his flames extending out behind him and whipping sharply forward. This attack has lag comparable to Ike’s Forward Tilt, and the hitbox only lasts for a brief moment. The majority of the “whip” does only 2% damage and weak upward knockback, but the very tip sweetspots for 8% and pretty good diagonal knockback. The tip reaches about a quarter of the way across Final Destination, so learning your spacing can make this a very effective move, while it’s fairly useless otherwise.
[2% or 8%]

Up Tilt – Power Torch – Mr. Bright’s flames burst into a tall pillar, reaching up about the height of the highest Battlefield platform. This attack also has a pretty large amount of lag, but can be held as long as you’d like. It doesn’t expand at all horizontally, so he’s entirely vulnerable from the sides, but the torch-like pillar protects him well from the top, dealing 4% damage and weak upward knockback to anyone who touches it.
[4%]

Down Tilt – Set Fire – Mr. Bright bounces on the ground quickly (he hovers just above it normally), lighting the ground his width around him on fire. He performs this in about half a second, and the fire remains there for five seconds afterward, dealing 4% damage and weak upward knockback to anyone who touches it. Performing the move multiple times in the same place will not increase the damage or knockback done when the fire is touched.
[4%]

Dash Attack – Smog Contrail – Mr. Bright rushes forward about one-third the length of Final Destination, leaving a trail of smoke behind him. He travels about as fast as he runs, with little startup or ending lag. The smoke trail remains there for about five seconds, and all opponents who touch it become unable to jump and have their left/right controls reversed until they are no longer in the smoke.
[0%]

۞SMASH ATTACKS۞

Forward Smash – Blazer – Mr. Bright charges up and launches himself forward, approximately half the length of Final Destination. He covers this distance faster or slower, depending on how much charge is put into the Smash Attack. With no charge, he’ll take about two seconds, while at full charge, he can do it in about half a second. Unlike Mr. Shine, Mr. Bright can pass the edges of platforms while using this move. Anyone he touches receives 10% damage and pretty good diagonal knockback. He’s got good priority while performing this move, but it once again has quite a bit of lag, on both ends.
[10%]

Up Smash – Smoke Puff – Mr. Bright turns upward, then blows a large puff of smoke upward. Minimal lag exists after the attack, but the startup lag is a bit above average. A foggy area two to three Stage Builder blocks’ length (depending on charge) wide and high is created, the bottom of which is on the ground. The smoke lingers for about 5 seconds, and all players (including Mr. Bright) are incapable of performing attacks while in the smog. This may seem a bit counter-productive at first, but in the hands of a good player, this can be a very effective move.
[0%]

Down Smash – Combustion Sphere – Mr. Bright clenches his fists, as a circle of flames about half the size of Luigi’s Negative Zone comes to life around him, then quickly disappears. The circle can expand through pass-through platforms, but will stop at any solid obstacle. This, like many of Bright’s attacks, has a lot of lag, and the hitbox only lasts for a split second, as the flames appear and disappear very quickly, making it very possible to spot-dodge this attack. On the plus side, this is a very powerful move, dealing 15-20% damage and good knockback directly away from Mr. Bright.
[15 to 20%]

۞AERIALS۞

Neutral Air – Arson Blast – Mr. Bright charges up for about half a second, then unleashes a burst of fire that travels outward from him at about the speed of Tabuu’s Off Waves. However, they’ll only travel about as far as a Smart Bomb’s explosion would reach before vanishing. Opponents hit receive 4% damage and flinching knockback.
[4%]

Forward Air – Rushing Embers – Mr. Bright rushes forward in mid-air for about one-third the length of Final Destination. He goes about the same speed as Captain Falcon does while using Falcon kick, and suffers similar lag. Anyone he touches while flying receives 8% damage and moderate upward knockback. Additionally, he leaves a trail of embers along his path that linger for about 4 seconds, and will damage opponents who touch them for 1% and flinching knockback. Mr. Bright enters freefall after this move’s execution.
[8% + 1%]

Backward Air – Firestorm – Mr. Bright spins around rapidly for the next second while still moving through the air however he’s controlled. All areas he touches catch fire, and will remain for three seconds, dealing multi-hit damage to anyone who touches them. A maximum of 12% damage can be reaches, though opponents are likely to only get part of that. This move has minimal startup lag, but some ending lag.
[Up to 12%]

Up Air – Afterburner – Mr. Bright turns himself upward, and his flames burn below him, pushing him upward. This can be stopped and started again similarly to R.O.B.’s Up Special, and performs similarly as well. However, two major points of difference exist. Firstly, Mr. Bright can only travel about half as far before his flames cannot carry him anymore. However, unlike R.O.B., Mr. Bright becomes a moving hitbox while using this move, dealing 5% and fairly weak upward knockback to anyone who touches him. Mr. Bright can use other attacks in the middle of this attack, but it will force him into a freefall. He’ll also enter freefall if he uses this move until his flames’ power has totally depleted.
[5%]

Down Air – Pyro Bomb – Mr. Bright turns downward and launches a dark orb about the size of a Party Ball downward. It travels about the speed of Lucario’s Aura Sphere, until it reaches about two Stage Builder blocks’ height below where it was used, or it strikes the ground. It does no damage until this time. At this point, it immediately erupts into a sphere of flames similar to Torchic’s, having roughly the same size and similar holding and damaging properties. It lasts for about two seconds, and can potentially deal a total of 12% damage during this time. Unlike Torchic’s flame, this does not launch opponents at its finish, and will simply vanish, releasing them.
[Up to 12%]

۞SPECIAL ATTACKS۞
REMEMBER, MR. BRIGHT USES THESE WHILE MR. SHINE IS IN PLAY

Neutral Special – Flame Spin – Mr. Bright hastily shoots out two flames about the size of Samus’ uncharged Charge Shot. They start at his center and quickly spiral outward, traveling indefinitely in a counter-clockwise direction, essentially hitting every part of the stage at some point. Because of this, this attack is very easy to hit with, but only deals 3% damage and flinching knockback.
[3%]

Side Special – Solar Flare – Mr. Bright flashes for about half a second, then launches a burst of flame to the side this move was used to. It travels about the speed of Lucario’s Aura Sphere. The flame starts about twice the size of Mr. Bright, but diminishes in size as it goes, reaching its smallest size after it’s traveled about the distance across Final Destination, but still continuing on its way until it goes off-screen. The size, aside from affecting the hitbox, corresponds to the damage, which ranges from 2% to 10%, though the knockback only changes slightly, always remaining rather low.
[2 to 10%]

Down Special – Helion Beam – Mr. Bright flashes for about half a second, then fires a white-hot beam of light directly downward. It’s as wide as him, and immediately extends downward until it strikes solid ground. This beam lasts for about three seconds, and is extremely powerful, dealing multi-hit damage up to 20% with heavy diagonal knockback at its end to anyone who touches it at any time.
[Up to 20%]

۞FINAL SMASH۞
REMEMBER, MR. BRIGHT USES THIS WHILE MR. SHINE IS IN PLAY

Final Smash – Heat Wave – Mr. Bright flashes rapidly as Mr. Shine vanishes. After about a second, Mr. Bright explodes in a violent rage, extending flames as far as he can in every direction. The flames will stop at any sort of solid obstacle, from crates to pass-through platforms. Opponents who are unable to position themselves so that they aren’t in the path of the flames will take multi-hit damage up to 35% from this Final Smash, as well as a finishing blow of good diagonal knockback. After this, Mr. Shine reappears over the respawn area and becomes playable again.
[Up to 35%]

۞GRAB AND THROWS۞

Grab – Normal – Mr. Bright simply reaches forward and grabs, with range similar to Kirby.

Pummel – Fire Pulse – A few of Mr. Bright’s flames jump to his victim, dealing 3% damage. This can’t be repeated very rapidly.
[3%]

Forward Throw – Kindler – Mr. Bright drops his opponent to the ground, then rushes a short distance past them, lighting them on fire. This deals only 3% damage, but causes the opponent to be lit on fire for the next five seconds, causing them to damage anything or anyone (besides Mr. Bright) they touch for 3% damage and weak knockback. This is a weak Throw on its own, but it can cause a lot more destructively in Team Battles.
[3% + 3%]

Backward Throw – Fever Flash – Mr. Bright vanishes into thin air, causing his opponent to trip forward into the spot he had previously been. As they hit the ground, he reappears in a burst of flames, launching his opponent backward with decent knockback and also dealing 5% damage. This is kind of a slow Throw, but can be useful for scoring KOs if you have the time.
[5%]

Up Throw – Furnace Blast – Mr. Bright tosses his opponent over his head, then shoots a burst of flame upward, damaging them 6% and doing decent upward knockback. The lag is average on both ends. At higher damage, this can be used to knock opponents off the top of the screen.
[6%]

Down Throw – Solar Inferno – Mr. Bright, still holding his opponent, creates a whirlwind of fire right around them. This deals 8 hits that deal 1% damage each. This is somewhat difficult to interrupt, as the flames will also deal damage to anyone else who comes into them. This takes a couple seconds to perform, and has no chaingrab potential.
[Up to 8%]

۞TAUNTS۞

Up Taunt – Mr. Bright holds up both fists victoriously, his flames flickering brightly.

Side Taunt – Mr. Bright closes his eyes, and his flames completely encircle him. As they die down again, he returns to normal.

Down Taunt – Mr. Bright’s flames completely go out. He panics, waving his arms wildly for a second, then clenches his fists hard and restarts them.

Together, such antipodal forces become nearly unstoppable. . .

۞VICTORY POSES۞

Up Victory Pose – Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright run in from opposite sides of the screen, high-fiving in the middle, then looking menacingly at the screen.

Side Victory Pose – Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright soar through the air, competing for the middle of the sky. After a couple of seconds, they collide, then collapse on the ground in the victory area.

Down Victory Pose – Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright stand on the left and right sides of the screen. They both stretch their arms out, as Mr. Shine begins to glow and Mr. Bright’s flames begin swirling around them. Both of them suddenly lift up and float a few feet off the ground.

Loss Pose – A cracked sun and moon shape lie in a heap in the background.

۞EXTRAS۞

Symbol – Warp Star

Entrance – Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright both materialize in the sky about two Stage Builder blocks’ height above where they will start. The one starting in-play (which can be chosen from the character select screen) then drops down to the ground, ready to fight!

Alternate Costumes

Kirby Hats – Kirby gains a crescent hat if he swallows Mr. Shine, and fiery headgear if he swallows Mr. Bright. Instead of gaining their Neutral Specials, Kirby gains Mr. Bright’s Down Smash or Mr. Bright’s Forward Smash, which function identically.

۞PLAYSTYLE SUMMARY۞

Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright excel in different areas, and switching between them is absolutely essential to playing effectively with the duo. Mr. Shine has a lot of quirky attacks that opponents will struggle to get used to, and Mr. Bright has quite a few good attacks for racking up the damage, especially with Mr. Shine in the sky.

Many players will find it easiest to focus on racking up damage before trying to score a KO with Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright, as neither character has very many reliable KO moves and neither is a very strong gimper. Mr. Bright is generally more effective for this, as he possessed fewer quirky moves, and more straight-up attacks. His Forward Smash, as well as his Backward and Down Air attacks can be useful for this, especially when employed after an effective Dash Attack. Additionally, you can use any of Mr. Shine’s Specials during this time to rack up some good damage.

Unless you plan on KOing with Mr. Bright’s Down Smash, you may find it useful to perform a switch. With Mr. Shine in play, you have attacks like the Forward Air, the Down Air, and the Down Tilt to force your opponents into whatever field position you’d like, as well as a ground-based and an air-based reflector system. While you’re doing this, you can use Mr. Bright’s Neutral and Side Specials for a bit of additional damage. Your main sources of KOs are going to be Mr. Shine’s Dash Attack (which should be set up due to its punishable finish if you miss), and Mr. Bright’s Down Special (easily the pair’s most powerful move).

Working toward that Down Special is probably your best bet. One effective strategy (if it gets down to the wire and you know you won’t be switching back) is to switch Mr. Bright out directly over the edge. Use Mr. Shine to push your opponent(s) off that edge, and unleash Mr. Bright’s Down Special so they can’t reach the ledge. This pretty well ensures a KO, but remember that you won’t be able to switch back.

Players may find plenty of other strategies, and only one effective one is outlined here. Proper switching is always a must, as is the use of Mr. Shine’s quirky effect moves and Mr. Bright’s powerful Aerial game. Concerning Final Smashes, Mr. Shine’s is an anytime use attack, while Mr. Bright’s often requires some repositioning before use. If you’re feeling rushed, let Mr. Shine take the sky. Otherwise, you may find it beneficial to get Mr. Bright in position and let him work his magic!

As far as recovery goes, make sure you don't let your Up+B muscle memory from most other characters kick in. You'll be relying heavily on each character's Up Air and Forward Air attacks for recovery. This makes for a tricky Aerial game, too, since both of these moves will put you in a freefall, and should be used carefully and accordingly. Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright take a bit of getting used to, both for the player using them and the player(s) facing off against them!

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
TYATM is up in the social group. I hereby apologize for the lack of win it may contain, as it has been a while.

@Kibble: Seems really good, I'll have to read it later though due to time constraints.

Baloo

Smash Ace
That is a wonderful moveset. Thank you. Amazing.

Also, they are Marx's final smash.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Did I miss anything?

Yes.....My Milly moveset a couple pages back.....which had less compliments than my other moveset because of a lame discussion....and is now going to be more ignored due to Kibble's moveset:urg:

/Attentionjerk

Seriously though, that is one sweet moveset Sirkibble, but what's with you and Kirby movesets lol? Anyway, cool moveset, creative attacks, and i really enjoyed :bee:

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
OH... MY... GOSH... Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright... probably my favorite bosses in a Kirby game... Oh man the nostalgia.... that moveset was AWESOME. I love how you made them work together for this set. You are my Kirby hero, Kibble.

:kirby::kirby::kirby::kirby::kirby:

THIS THREAD NEEDS MOAR KIRBY

Speaking of angry celestial bodies, who wants this as a moveset:

SirKibble

Smash Champion
TYATM is up in the social group. I hereby apologize for the lack of win it may contain, as it has been a while.
It's still win. Go there now, everyone!

@Kibble: Seems really good, I'll have to read it later though due to time constraints.
That's fine. I'd love to know what you think later, though!

That is a wonderful moveset. Thank you. Amazing.

Also, they are Marx's final smash.
Thank you! :bee:

Yes, I noticed. When I saw that as I was putting the finishing touches on, I knew it was destiny. That or just really awesome timing! :bee:

Yes.....My Milly moveset a couple pages back.....which had less compliments than my other moveset because of a lame discussion....and is now going to be more ignored due to Kibble's moveset:urg:

/Attentionjerk

Seriously though, that is one sweet moveset Sirkibble, but what's with you and Kirby movesets lol? Anyway, cool moveset, creative attacks, and i really enjoyed :bee:
Thanks, Twil. I'll advertise for you:

Go back and read Milly if you're reading this! Yes, that means you!

Oh, and about this:

what's with you and Kirby movesets lol?
:kirby: See, I have this obsession... :kirby:

EDIT: Thanks, Khold! Glad you enjoyed it! The nostalgia was great for me, too! :)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I love it. I love it, I love it, I love it. Seriously.

This is only the second moveset in the whole contest I've read as soon as it was posted, and it blows me away. Just... yeah. Incredible. Wow. These two are hardly the most exciting bosses, despite how awesome they are, and you got so much mileage out of them, it's incredible. Simply incredible.

And their attacks are seriously crazy unique. There are so many that don't even do damage, it's shocking. Balance issues are the single, minor, flaw I can see with this, in that their recoveries look a bit stacked and they have many options from attacking from both sides of the stage.

But forget that, man. This is simply incredible. I'm practically speechless, as you might tell. Great, great stuff. As much as I love the Helpers and Dyna Blade, this is something else. I'm 99% on this getting a super vote, something I can't say for anything else but Deoxys and Dimentio.

...Awesome. :bee:

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Shine and Bright sound like a LOT of fun to play as. And characters with obvious transferrable mechanics to Smash seem to develop a lot more smoothly, at least for me.

@KingK.Rool: I have NO idea what happened to the Tonberry image. I swear on all the money in my change purse that I had a picture on there last time i checked, which was most likely right after I made it. That being said, I appreciate the review, and play a Final Fantasy game already, you poor deprived soul.

Smady

Smash Master
Mr. Bright and Mr. Shine are really good. Again, you have use a very effective, yet minimalistic approach. I especially love the Up Special as it reminds me of the exact function in Kirby's Adventure - I think I prefer this one to your Proto Man, Kibble. Splendid work. I agree on the specials being unique, too; works perfectly and is very well implemented.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Guys, I am going to be gone for a while. There's some things I need to do, so don't expect me to be active for a while. However, once I'm back, I'll be back with a bang. Expect a moveset from me and an SSE chapter when I come back, sometime around the 16th of January.

Smady

Smash Master
Goodbye, Kholdstare.

Wow, I'm going to have to put a halt on Garland for a while... I just now found a stash of H-AWESOME Ryuji Yamazaki animations, one of my favourite characters of all time from King of Fighters '98 and '03.

**** yes.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I love it. I love it, I love it, I love it. Seriously.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. Seriously.

This is only the second moveset in the whole contest I've read as soon as it was posted, and it blows me away. Just... yeah. Incredible. Wow. These two are hardly the most exciting bosses, despite how awesome they are, and you got so much mileage out of them, it's incredible. Simply incredible.
Again, thank you. I believe in every character having moveset potential. You just gotta stretch your mind a bit sometimes. :)

And their attacks are seriously crazy unique. There are so many that don't even do damage, it's shocking. Balance issues are the single, minor, flaw I can see with this, in that their recoveries look a bit stacked and they have many options from attacking from both sides of the stage.
I tried to make their attacks pretty unique, so I'm glad you appreciated that. It's funny, the crazy attacks (aside from being what I love doing) were actually part of an effort to balance them. With so many non-damaging moves, and only a few hard-hitters, I tried to keep them from getting overpowered. I guess their duality and recoveries jumped them back up, huh? :laugh:

But forget that, man. This is simply incredible. I'm practically speechless, as you might tell. Great, great stuff. As much as I love the Helpers and Dyna Blade, this is something else. I'm 99% on this getting a super vote, something I can't say for anything else but Deoxys and Dimentio.

...Awesome. :bee:
Yay!! I'm bursting with excitement! I'm really glad you enjoyed them, as you were the only one who could fully anticipate their arrival!! :grin:

Shine and Bright sound like a LOT of fun to play as. And characters with obvious transferrable mechanics to Smash seem to develop a lot more smoothly, at least for me.
Thanks! I have to agree with you. It really helps the moveset stand out right from the get-go.

Awesome job, Kibble. They're very unique, although I don't think I'd be able to handle having the other guy use his specials...I'd be too confused. :p

But I suppose that encourages switching, right? It's great!
Lol, without using the one in the sky, you'd probably find the battle a little difficult, especially since you can only switch every 15 seconds.

Mr. Bright and Mr. Shine are really good. Again, you have use a very effective, yet minimalistic approach. I especially love the Up Special as it reminds me of the exact function in Kirby's Adventure - I think I prefer this one to your Proto Man, Kibble. Splendid work. I agree on the specials being unique, too; works perfectly and is very well implemented.
Thanks. I believe this to be my best work to-date, so I'm happy to hear that you think it beats out my other moveset! :)

The idea for the Specials and Final Smash to be used from the sky hit me like a ton of bricks. That was one of those ideas that I sometimes found a little difficult to work with, but I knew I had to do it. I'm just glad it apparently worked out! :bee:

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
That moveset looks great SirKibble. I actually remember facing these two bosses in my limited Kirby experience.

Also I'ld like to announce that the Sandbags moveset will be postponed until sometime after Mendez gets back from his 3 week leave of absense.. He was making the artwork for the Sandbags and one picture still needs to be made for them.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
@KingK.Rool:

About the Chef Kawasaki moveset. It was quite majesticass. And I try not to throw around that word like candy.

You took a very interesting character, worked his basic theme into the entire moveset and then crafted a very complex mechanic which can produce variable and diverse results and I can't point out any feature that either is impractical or stupid or overpowered.

Except for his Blender move. It seems a bit abusive unless I read it wrong. Counter or heal? And the only way to punish is if the move is used low enough for the Chef to land so he can be grabbed, or if the opponent has a projectile.....

Oh, wait, it damages Kawasaki too if he gets hit. I guess that's okay.

But anyways. That pot seems like the scariest thing ever. And spiking an opponent into the pot is just cruel.

And think about THIS for a second. Four Chef Kawasakis in a free-for-all. In Final Destination, there would be a pot of doom every few steps. I believe that to be morally wrong, and every religion would agree with me.

Reading Chef Kawasaki and Mr. Shine and Bright will hopefully help me get down a workable, unique mechanic. Kawasaki's is definitely complicated, but neither overpowerd nor unwieldly, at least as far as I can imagine it. Excuse me while I blatantly copy draw inspiration from those movesets and others to improve and finish my own.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I'm very glad you enjoyed both the moveset and the review, Pelikin. For the Blender attack, you have a semi-quasi point there, but they could always attack from above or behind before he's done blending.

And anyway, after reviewing Tonberry, I'm joining Mendez in saying that your stuff is very, very good. I mean, stuff like Echo Prick and Voodoo are good enough to be full mechanics in their own right. In other words, I'm sure you'll think of something impressive. :bee:

MYM 4 is the age of Kirby! Wheelie, Kawasaki (/modesty), Simirror (soon to come), Daroach, and Kibble's stuff, all top 50-worth sets! WHEEEEE!

Definitely forgot something there, too...

Kibble: You're welcome! And I agree, anyone can work if you use your head. Just look at one of my personal favourites in the contest, Wispa. It's... just a chocolate bar.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
The Age of Kirby, indeed! Finally, the world has seen the light! :kirby:

Oh, and K.Rool, I notice you didn't have a problem with my alliterated attack names (though there ended up being fewer than I was initially expecting. Mr. Shine ended up having all of them. :laugh:)

@MT: Thank you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom