• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baloo

Smash Ace

Marx!

THE SPECIAL THING THAT MAKES HIM SPECIAL:

Yeah, if you still think that line is funny, get help.

Anyways, Marx's B attacks and A attacks can't be done right after one another. That is because he can't do specials in his normal form, or normals in his monster form. These forms can be switched between with the B or A button, B in his normal mode and A in his monster mode. He can also only grab and throw in his monster form.

He has two sets of stats.

Power:
6/10: Normal Marx is not a super powerful character, but he's not weak.

Walking Speed: 7/10: Marx has slightly above average walking speed.

Dashing speed: 8/10: Marx runs quite quickly

Weight: 4/10: Marx is not very heavy.

Range: 5/10: Normal Marx does not have the best range.

Projectiles: 2/10: He only has one projectile, and it's not that good.

Attack Speed: 9/10: Marx has very good attack speed.

Fall speed: 5/10: Marx falls rather slowly.

Air Speed: 7/10: Marx has good air maneuverability.

Size: 4/10: Marx in his normal form is quite short.

First Jump: 5/10: Marx puffs himself up full of air, just like Kirby.

2nd to 6th Jumps: 5/10: Marx continues to puff up, but the others don't go up that high. With his ball, he only can jump twice before the ball falls to the ground, becoming an item.

Recovery: 4/10: Marx normal form does not have any means of recovering besides his jumps.

Crouch: 8/10: Marx lies down flat, like Kirby.

Traction:
5/10: Marx does not have the best traction.

Combos:
9/10:

Wall Jump: No

Wall Cling: No

Crawl: No

Glide: No

Float:
No

Tether Recovery: No

Normal:

A - Jester's Hat
Marx slaps forward with the blue part of his hat. Then he slaps with the red part of his hat. These attacks have low lag and do three and four damage. This also has high range.

AAA - Jump Kick
Marx jumps up into the air and kicks forward, which looks a lot like Jigglypuff's Fair. This has high knockback and range, and also low lag. It does seven damage. Use this and then Ball Marx for a quick KO. Also, if you just hit the opponent against a wall, you can use Dair instantly afterward for a lot of damage.

Dash - Ball Marx
Marx turns into Ball Marx, and he bounces forward three times. This attack has high range, and each bounce does three damage, for up to nine damage. It has medium ending lag, but does high knockback. At the end, he grows back arms and legs. He retains his hat through this attack.

Tilts

Marx's tilts are crazy. They do ridiculous things, that should be reserved for specials.

U Tilt - Card Trick
Marx makes a deck of nine cards appear above him and spreads them out so that each one is visible. Each type of card does something different. The center one is the Ace of Spades, does fifteen damage and very high knockback, but has a very small hitbox. The two on each side are sevens, they do seven damage and medium knockback. The one on the right next to the seven is the instruction card, eww. It does nothing. On the left is a queen, it does ten damage and low knockback, but has a ten percent chance of causing sleeping. On each side of those are fours, they do four damage and low knockback. Now on each side of those are what makes this attack so special. They are jokers, but with Marx's face. They fly up a little ways and then smash back down into the sevens, and Marx makes the cards disappear. The jokers go about as high as Jigglypuff is tall, and do fifteen damage with high knockback. However, they go extremely fast, so hitting with them is hard. But that's isn't all, there is a ten percent chance that they will fall asleep, become dizzy, or use three taunts when they hit the ground. This whole move actually is very quick, but is a great kill move if you can hit with the ace or jokers.

F Tilt
- Rolling Ball
Marx summons up his ball and jumps on it. It does no knockback and only two damage, but it has interesting effects on some of his attacks. If you use this while he is on his ball, he will make the ball disappear. He walks and runs much faster on the ball, but his traction becomes terrible. If he uses his third jump (literally third jump, not his Up B, he has five jumps) it will fall onto the ground, where it can be picked up and thrown for seven damage and medium knockback. Ducking pops the ball.

D Tilt - Psyco Spin
Marx stands on his tip toes and spins around a few times. As he spins he sends out a few blue shock waves, They have high range, but don't do any knockback or damage? Than what is the point of this attack? See, the Psycho Rings themselves do no damage or knockback, but a random effect. He could give Kirby a random copy ability for any character, even one not plying. He can make Game and Watch 3D. He could refresh or drain a Pokemon's stamina. He can make Zelda and Sheik switch. He can make Sonic too slow. He can give or take Pikmin or make Lucario's aura strengthen or weaken. He can charge or uncharge Wario's fart. Diddy Kong might drop Smart Bombs instead of nanners. He can switch the places of Nana and Popo. He can put the flower, sleep, stunned, freezie, or taunt effect on anyone. He can trip them. He can change the colors of Pikmin, improve or worsen traction, and adjust weight. He can make Jiggly fall faster than Fox, and make Fox the floatiest character in the game. He can even make the opponent it hits have a different costume on, for example, a blue Marth might suddenly find themselves in white, or Jigglypuff might find herself shiny and with a sunhat. He even has a five percent chance of making the music on the stage change! So lets make an example of what can happen. He uses this near Wario on the stage Pictochat. The song Wii Shop Channel is playing. Suddenly, Wario is all charged up with his fart, sleeping, and has a difference costume on. Also, the music has changed to Lip's Theme, thank goodness. When Wario wakes up, he may not find himself so floaty anymore. He has six jumps, but he falls faster than Fox! The effects were off after eight seconds, but can be very disorienting. However, after using it there is a twenty second recharging peroid, so if he uses this then he will use Kirby's Down Tilt.

Smashes:

F Smash - Generic Kick
Marx kick forward with a generic movement. It does the typical fourteen or so damage and generic high knockback. It has a typical sweetspot that does extra knockback. It has typical and generic lag and range.

U Smash
- Volcano Marx
Marx smiles and shakes violently. He transforms into Volcano Marx, and spews lava and rock upwards into the heavens. this has surprisingly low knockback. It can do up to twenty damage, with multiple hits, each doing five damage. It has high lag, but can pay off for it's great damage racking ability. This has very bad horizontal range, but very good vertically.

U Smash - Bounce
With his beach ball, Marx has a different Up Smash. As he charges, he will make his ball bounce a little bit. However, when released, he bounces high into the air, and then smashes into the ground, bouncing himself extremely high up, almost the entire height or Jigglypuff's six jumps. This obviously has high range, but can be very hard to hit with. It does fourteen damage and medium knockback. However, after this you can't jump in midair. This is a good surprise attack, due to low both starting and ending lag.

D Smash - Psychotic
Marx's eyes glow red, and he starts shaking. The area around him is distorted, and he shakes faster. Then, when the smash is released, he goes on a rampage. For two whole seconds he madly kicks all around him, each hit doing two damage, for up to sixteen. The last hit has high knockback, but after that there is very high lag, during which he calms sown and his eyes turn back to normal. An odd, very powerful smash. What could have driven him to this insanity?

Aerials:

Nair - Shadow
Marx does a flip and is temporarily enveloped in shadow, which does seven damage and low knockback. Like many Nairs, this last quite a while, a full second and a half. This has high range, but high ending lag. The shadow looks like a purplish blackish cloud. If he has his ball, it will fall automatically, doing seven damage and low knockback.

Fair - Bomb
Marx makes a bomb appear in front of him. He continues falling, and the bomb follows him. It explodes in his face after one second. This has high starting lag, but is a great finisher, due to high knockback. It does ten damage. Marx can pull it out of the air, and then throw it for the same damage. However, so can opponents. This, if inhaled by Kirby, makes him bomb Kirby, and he can throw bombs.

Fair - Ball Smack
Marx pushes his feet forward, pushing the ball away from himself. This is a projectile, but it stinks, going two Jigglypuff lengths only. Better to just use Dair to get rid of it, this attack stinks. It has high lag, only does five damage, and low knockback.

Bair - Swim
Marx pushes his feet back forming a V, and then pushes them together, doing eight damage and medium knockback. This has high starting lag, but propels Marx forward a bit, so it can be used for very limited horizontal recovery. If he has his ball, it will just fall to the ground. He also falls more slowly while doing this, so it can be used for stalling. It has medium range.

Uair - Flip Spike
Marx pulls his feet behind him and spins forward in midair, so that his feet kick up, forward, and then down. GENERIC! But that' not all, because if the opponent is caught by the kick they receive five damage, but are then kicked downward, with perhaps the easiest spike in the game to hit with. However, it has a bit of ending lag that stops it from being the most broken thing ever. It also has low range, except when his feet are pointed directly upwards.

Dair - UFO Marx
Marx turns into UFO Marx and shoots a blast of fire downwards, for ten damage and low knockback. It looks a little bit like ROB's Dair, and can be used to stall in midair, also like ROB's Dair. This attack is good for racking up damage, because it has low lag. However, it also has low range. If you press side right after this, he gets a large horizontal boost, but goes into helpless mode. This is his primary recovery move.

Dair - Ball Spike
Marx does a flip, and smacks himself into the ball, popping it open for high knockback and nine damage. This gets rid of the ball with low lag, high range, and power, unlike his Fair. This is a good kill move, as it looks a lot like Shadow, so opponents might not see it coming. It has high starting lag during the flip.

Monster Marx floats about a Jigglypuff's height in the air.

Power: 9/10: Monster Marx is very powerful.

Walking Speed: 7/10: Monster Marx (I'm just going to call him Marx from now on) has good walking speed, the same as normal Marx's.

Dashing speed: 8/10: Marx runs at the same speed as normal Marx.

Weight: 7/10: Marx is a bit heavier in his Monster Form.

Range: 10/10: Marx's high point is range.

Projectiles: 10/10: Marx has amazing projectiles.

Attack Speed: 6/10: Marx is a bit slower of an attacker than his normal form.

Fall speed: 8/10: Marx falls quickly, which doesn't matter due to his lack of aerials.

Air Speed: 7/10: Marx has the same air speed as his normal counterpart.

Size: 9/10: MARX IS TOO BIG FOR BRAWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 No he's not, he's the size of Bowser.
10uselessridleys
First Jump: 10/10: Marx floats higher into the sky. He only has one jump, and he doesn't really need it.

Recovery: 7/10: Marx has decent recovery.

Crouch: 0/10: Marx has no crouch.

Traction: 9/10: Marx has good traction..

Combos: 1/10: He only has specials and grabs.

Wall Jump: No

Wall Cling: No

Crawl: No

Glide: Yes: He spreads his wings out and soars.

Float: Yes

Tether Recovery: No

Special Moves:

Use this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NpJDXQk2oo

Neutral B - Transform
Marx jumps up and says "I wish to control Pop Star!" He shakes a bit, and then grows a bunch of weird appendages! It does no damage, just transorms Marx. It takes about two seconds, maybe one if you press B over and over and over again.

Neutral B
- Blade Boomerang
Marx sends out four spinning blades, which spin around beneath him and then fly back into him. They do ten damage and high knockback, but Marx can't move while doing this. They stay out for one whole second. It has great range.

Side B - Arrow
Marx sends a beam of arrows forward. This goes as far as ROB's beam, and does ten damage, but only very low knockback. This has high lag, but insane range. It is as tall as a Smast Bomb that has not been exploded yet.

Up B - Teleport
Marx disappears in a blue ball and appears about the length of Smashville upwards. This is good for recovery, but puts Marx in helpless mode. Use it right after hiss Down B for great recovery. The blue ball does eleven damage and low knockback.

Down B - Seeds Away
Marx flies up a little and drops a spiny seed onto the battlefield. This can be used for recovery. The seeds do medium knockback and ten damage, and have high range. However, that isn't all. After three seconds they will explode on the ground, sending up a short vine which do medium knockback and five damage. This can only be done once in midair.

Final Smash - I Got the Sun and Moon to Fight
You thought it would be Soul Marx! If Marx is in Monster Form he reverts back before doing this. Marx laughs and says “I got the sun and moon to fight" Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright appear on the top of the battlefield. Mr. Shine stays on the right side, which is shrouded in darkness, preventing all but Marx, who has a spotlight upon him, from seeing what they are doing or where they are going. On the left side Mr. Bright floats, burning that side with scorching heat and sunlight which does four damage a second, except to Marx, who has a small snowstorm falling around himself. At first they just shoot a few fire balls and golden crescents, but soon the fighting gets out of hand. Mr. Bright shoots golden crescent moons everywhere in his sector, while Mr. Shine blasts his section with fireballs. As their battle grows more intense, they send out more attacks, until Bright's section is crisscrossed with golden boomerangs and Shine's section is a blazing bonfire. They then send the fire balls and moon boomerangs into each others sectors, until the whole battlefield is a huge swarm of fire and gold. They both do five damage and medium knockback, but this smash will easily rack up about sixty damage. This might seem broken, but Marx's immunity to everything around him can also be his downfall. The opponent, if lucky enough to reach Marx before the storm, can share said immunity, merely by attacking him they can turn the tables on him and break his shield, gaining it for themselves. This is the fatal flaw of this smash, Marx must make sure to stay away from other players during the first three seconds of this attack. After that, during the next twelve seconds they're barraged by projectiles, giving them hardly any chance to attack Marx. Also, at the end there is high lag, during which he bows toward the audience, us.

Grab Attack and Throws:

Grab
- Claw Puncture
Marx pokes forward with the yellow spear on the end of his right arm. This has high range, and low ending lag. If it hits Jigglypuff, she will deflate like a balloon and receive nine damage and high knockback, not be grabbed. It also does three damage, being the only grab that does damage.

Pummel
- Poke
Marx pokes the opponent with his left spear for two damage. There is nothing particulary fascinating about his, so move on.

Forward Throw
- Black Hole
Marx splits in half and the opponent is sucked into the black hole inside of him. He is put back together, and then the opponent appears one Smashville forward. It does ten damage, and always the same exact knockback. It has high ending lag.

Back Throw - SHOOP DA WOOP
Marx uses his LAZORZ attack form the battle in Milky Way Wishes, which does high knockback and eleven damage. This is a powerful attack, and can hurt other people too, not just the one grabbed.

Down Throw
- Meta Knight
Marx lets go of the opponent and uses Meta Knight's A combo, slashing with his spears lightning fast. It does seven damage and medium knockback, and has low ending lag. YOU THOUGHT HE WOULD SUMMON META KNIGHT!

Up Throw
- Poke Flurry
Marx pokes the opponent with his left spear, then right, then left, until they have gained twelve damage. Then he throws them upwards for low knockback. During this poking spree, he juggles them above his head so that they are thrown from spear to yellow spear.

Taunts and After Match Poses:

Up Taunt - Bounce
Marx bounces on his ball. He can't do this if he has no ball, he just coughs.

Side Taunt - Wish
Marx says "I wanna rule Pop Star!"

Down Taunt - Dance
Marx will dance around happily like Kirby's down taunt.

Monster Form

Down Taunt
- Soul Marx
Marx becomes Soul Marx for a second, and laughs.

Up Taunt - Laugh
Marx laughs.

Side Taunt - Evil Scheme
Marx says "All my plans worked!"

Victory Pose #1: Marx is on his ball, and he rolls away.

Victory Pose #2: Monster Marx shoots blades at the opponents.

Victory Pose #3: Marx bows and laughs.

Victory Theme: The one for Meta Knight.

Loss:
Marx looks away, with his head bowed in shame.

Kirby Hat - Kirby get's Marx's hat, but instead of B he gets D Tilt. If he does it on Monster Marx he gets B.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
@Arguements: I'm not the arguementitive person around here, I try to write a post to the real me, laid back guy who just wants a good laugh and time.

I've thought of an Up-b for UH, I think it's original, but since the character has no avaliable move which can be used as a recovery, I'd had to nit-pick parts of the game to make original recovery.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
OMG Marx's D-Tilt is pure anadulterated win! And this is coming from a guy who hates random move effects. LOL at FSmash, probably the only time I've ever liked reading about a generic attack.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Very nice Marx moveset!!! Really cool. As many people said, awesome D-tilt.

Anyway, i have chapter 3 of my SSE up. Now, i'm going to be random, and make the Three Days Grace moveset now lol.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Marx is totally awesome!! Really inventive moves. Like everyone else, I love the D-Tilt, and I like his transformation mechanic. Really neat!

One thing I must comment on, though, is the Final Smash. I said this before, but I guess you didn't notice. You mixed up Shine and Bright part-way through it. You've got Mr. Shine shooting fireballs and Mr. Bright shooting boomerangs. ;)

Also, 150% is a TON of damage. Maybe you should cut that down a little bit.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Marx is very good... unfortunately my Kirby knowledge doesn't extend far outside of Knightmare in Dreamland, Amazing Mirror, and Air Ride.

My brother, the Kirby fan of the family, doesn't even know who Marx is...

Choosing votes is going to be extremely difficult. Choosing Super Votes is going to be hell.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Marx is very good... unfortunately my Kirby knowledge doesn't extend far outside of Knightmare in Dreamland, Amazing Mirror, and Air Ride.

My brother, the Kirby fan of the family, doesn't even know who Marx is...
He doesn't get out much, does he? Or more accurately, he's never played the greatest Kirby game to-date.

Kirby Super Star has 90% of everything you'd ever need to know about Kirby, including who Marx is.

[/KirbyFanatic]

Choosing votes is going to be extremely difficult. Choosing Super Votes is going to be hell.
No freaking joke! It's beginning to scare me how many good movesets are in this thread...

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
He doesn't get out much, does he? Or more accurately, he's never played the greatest Kirby game to-date.

Kirby Super Star has 90% of everything you'd ever need to know about Kirby, including who Marx is.

[/KirbyFanatic]

No freaking joke! It's beginning to scare me how many good movesets are in this thread...
He just got Super Star Ultra if that counts. He hasn't gotten very far yet I think.

I think I'll play it when he's done with it just to learn about this stuff.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
He just got Super Star Ultra if that counts. He hasn't gotten very far yet I think.

I think I'll play it when he's done with it just to learn about this stuff.
As far as I'm aware, it's got everything Super Star had plus more, so that would count.

*wants to play Ultra*

To briefly sum up:

Kirbypedia said:
Marx is a clever trickster who appears as the final boss of Milky Way Wishes after sending Kirby on a quest to serve his own evil ambitions.

When the sun and the moon get into a fight, sending Pop Star's day and night cycle into chaos, Marx comes to tell Kirby that if he activates all of the Dream Fountains on the neighboring stars, it will summon the giant comet NOVA, who is said to grant wishes. It isn't known if Marx is maybe a friend of Kirby's, or if they just met that moment, but regardless, Kirby rushes right off to do it.

In truth, Marx wanted NOVA's power for himself. After Kirby summons it, Marx knocks him aside and has NOVA grant him ultimate power so he can take over Pop Star.

@SonicBoom: Yes. Many newcomers have had multiple movesets in the Top 50s.

Agi

Smash Lord
Has a newcomer ever made top 50?
K.Rool and Junahu, last time around. I'm sure there were more than that, but that's all I can remember.

Marx is 100% win. It took me a few reads of the mechanic to work out that it was the A and B buttons that switch between forms, but I'm just weird like that. :bee:

EDIT: Kibble, you've never played Ultra??!? Blasphemy. Get it, now.
Unless you can't, in which case, I pity you.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Junahu was a newcomer to MYM 3, showing up near the end, and he placed fourth with his Donna Levman moveset. Technically, Warlord, Mendez and I were all new in MYM 3 as well, and we each had two or more movesets in the Top 10 as well. Then there was Vaul, who showed up only once to give us one moveset, he got in with his Shaman. Oh yeah, and Meadow, who got two movesets in the Top 50, and hasn't come back for this one, a shame.

MYM 2, even more so. Pretty much everyone was a newcomer to that, it wasn't even a competition before then. So yeah, I wouldn't worry. There's plenty of time and anyone can make it.

/MYM historian

Kibble, you HAVE to get Ultra. Helper to Hero! That's all I have to say. Use any helper to beat a series of bosses. It's like Brawl, but with less attacks, and it's 100% awesome. I love it so much, I beat it with all 20 or so helpers. :bee:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Yeah, the users vote. Then the Sandbags take hold of the list and kinda work on it, obviously working together and voting before making any changes or adding anything. We're going to try our best to make the list as inclusive and fair as possible; no popularity involved.

... And I know because, for MYM 3, I was there, and for before, I lurked/looked back/heard. You can find a bunch of stuff about MYM 3 and earlier here:

http://chiefmendez.wordpress.com/mym-history/

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
INTERMISSION

Chapter I: To Unveil Those Forbidden and Lost

-------------Act II: An Early Infiltration [-Soot La Chateau-]

The Black Conference Room mentioned in the prologue was just one of the many dark interiors in "Soot La Chateau". A silent, cold, and ghastly citadel that can only shelter denizens of the dark. Normally, infiltration of the bad guys' secret dwellings would take place pass the climax, but there are a few heroes that have a way of "making that first step", even better than the villians themselves...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A back door opens with a quiet, creaky noise. Two human-shaped shadows can be seen blockading the full moon's shine into what looks like a library. The figures walk in, observing their surroundings, as cautious as they can possibly be.

Carefree Male: Hmph. Typical, huh?

Intelligent Female: Well, the interior isn't anything we haven't encountered, but rest assured, there will be conflicts ahead of us.

Carefree Male: Heh. Shouldn't be a problem for us. Let's go.

The two continue to examine the dusty library. The young lady takes out various books, skimming through them like over-detailed movesets. The young man kicks fallen chairs out of his way, and the lady turns around quickly with a fingered "hush-hush". Suddenly, a book shelf begins to tremble at a low magnitude. The both of them halt their current actions to stare it down.

It stops.

...Then begins again, but at a Magnitude 6.0. SOMETHING IS BEHIND THERE.

The man takes out a broadsword and snaps into a battle stance...

The lady takes out a magical book, pre-reading any spells to prepare for combat...

Johnathan: I'm gonna make it plain and simple for you: You're going down...

Mission #2

Mummy Melee Mayhem

Playable Brawler(s): Johnathan & Charlotte
Enemies: Mummies
Stage: Sooty Library
Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3mW3TlyxMQ

In this mission, Mummies will repeatedly burst through book shelves and walls. They cannot be flinched, and are extremely powerful with high stamina. The idea is to keep up with the waves. If too many are on the stage at one time, the player can become overwhelmed and wiped of the stage. The Mummies are weak against Charlotte's magic, so switching to her is your best offense against them. The Mummies are very slow and predictable, but can kill at a moderate damage percentage. They will attempt to grab and bear hug, increasing your damage percentage at an rapid rate. Fortunately, you can wiggle your way out of it by pressing buttons consecutively. They also perform wild arm swings that give great horizontal knockback. [8%] [15%]

In the library, there are only a left and right Blast Zone, so staying alive can be a little bit easier. However, it is very small, and with the number of Mummies coming out, it can get crowded and difficult to battle. It is wise to stay in the middle and destroy the thicker groups of Mummies with Charlotte's book spells. Johnathan is better for defense in this case.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Kibble, you HAVE to get Ultra. Helper to Hero! That's all I have to say. Use any helper to beat a series of bosses. It's like Brawl, but with less attacks, and it's 100% awesome. I love it so much, I beat it with all 20 or so helpers. :bee:
GAH!! I KNOW!!!

But I don't even have a DS. I could buy the game, but I don't have the money for another system right now. :(

EDIT: Crap, this has nothing to do with movesets. Um... Crap, I already commented on the recent 'sets and don't have any more planned. I was gonna stop at four. What do you guys think? Should I do another? I don't want votes for me spread out too much...

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
EDIT: Crap, this has nothing to do with movesets. Um... Crap, I already commented on the recent 'sets and don't have any more planned. I was gonna stop at four. What do you guys think? Should I do another? I don't want votes for me spread out too much...
I dunno, what do you want to do? Seriously, do what makes you happy. :bee:

Hexxus is moving again now that I reformating everything with my move layout... now just to take care of what I didn't have done before... If Im lucky, he may be done tonight.

P.S. I got three seasons of Yu Yu hakusho on DVD and am watching it like an addict... Watching them Saint Beasts right now!

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
@SonicBoom: Yes. Many newcomers have had multiple movesets in the Top 50s.
Including me!! :bee:

Okay, techinically, i entered a Metapod moveset in 2.0, but to be honest, i didn't make that moveset. I stole it off some guy on IGN Forums :p /admittingthetruth

*preys that people won't yell at me*

Anyway, i might cancel Three Days Grace. Mostly because it's kinda hard to think of creative attacks for the guys :dizzy: I'm working on Guillo right now, and then will probably work on Sasuke next, but i'm not sure about 3DG.....

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
GAH!! I KNOW!!!

But I don't even have a DS. I could buy the game, but I don't have the money for another system right now. :(

Why is everyone so paranoid about vote spreading. Last time I checked, making sets is fun first and a contest second.

I must be setting myself up for failure by making as many sets as I do....

Maybe I'll just have you guys vote on which sets I should enter at the end of the contest. :)

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Why is everyone so paranoid about vote spreading. Last time I checked, making sets is fun first and a contest second.

I must be setting myself up for failure by making as many sets as I do....

Maybe I'll just have you guys vote on which sets I should enter at the end of the contest. :)
Well, sure, it's tons of fun, but I'd like to do well also. :)

Plus, off the top of my head, the only ideas I have are either remakes or more Helpers. :p

Smady

Smash Master
I'm going to try to complete Ryuji Yamazaki tonight, with all the trimmings. He's coming along very well - I love the character, and he just oozes with potential.

Love,
Smash Daddy.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Including me!! :bee:

Okay, techinically, i entered a Metapod moveset in 2.0, but to be honest, i didn't make that moveset. I stole it off some guy on IGN Forums :p /admittingthetruth

*prays that people won't yell at me*

Anyway, i might cancel Three Days Grace. Mostly because it's kinda hard to think of creative attacks for the guys :dizzy: I'm working on Guillo right now, and then will probably work on Sasuke next, but i'm not sure about 3DG.....

Fixed and...
WHATT!?

I think I'll finish Chrono Trigger before I make another moveset.
It'll probably end up being Ayla or Marle. Possibly Frog (quite an original name, he belongs in Star Fox lol)

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Fixed and...
WHATT!?

I think I'll finish Chrono Trigger before I make another moveset.
It'll probably end up being Ayla or Marle. Possibly Frog (quite an original name, he belongs in Star Fox lol)
ZOMGyoudissFrogyoudie.
(It's not like that's his real name anyway.)

I knew I was forgetting someone I had wanted to make a moveset for. Maybe I'll do one for Frog. Or if you're wanting to do him, I could do someone else. I just decided, though, my next moveset will be a CT character, even if some random bunch of CT junkies suddenly invade this thread and make everyone so perfectly that the character I do has to be someone like Gato. I will make a CT moveset.

IvoryFlame

Smash Journeyman
Okay, good news/bad news time.

Good news: I have high-speed internet and a new computer now!!!! YAY!!!!

Bad news: All my stuff for movesets AND my SSE were saved on my old copmuter, which is now staring at an old clock in a landfill.

So, basically, It's gonna be a long long time before I post more SSE updates, as I had some typed up but never posted them, and the data is now lost.

T-T

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
ZOMGyoudissFrogyoudie.
(It's not like that's his real name anyway.)

I knew I was forgetting someone I had wanted to make a moveset for. Maybe I'll do one for Frog. Or if you're wanting to do him, I could do someone else. I just decided, though, my next moveset will be a CT character, even if some random bunch of CT junkies suddenly invade this thread and make everyone so perfectly that the character I do has to be someone like Gato. I will make a CT moveset.
You wanna do Frog/Glenn?

It's fine if you wanna.
Go ahead :p

Agi

Smash Lord
Okay, good news/bad news time.

Good news: I have high-speed internet and a new computer now!!!! YAY!!!!

Bad news: All my stuff for movesets AND my SSE were saved on my old computer, which is now staring at an old clock in a landfill.

So, basically, It's gonna be a long long time before I post more SSE updates, as I had some typed up but never posted them, and the data is now lost.

T-T
...ouch. I feel your pain... I had to restart the CSS from scratch when we switched computers... That must really suck though, to lose a whole SSE :(

EDIT: This is also a 15th post.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
Ah, the cleverness of me!

PETER PAN
“Just think happy thoughts…”

THE STORY

Peter Pan flew away from home when he was a baby, when he heard his parents discussing what he was to be when he became a man. Horrified at the thought of ever growing up, Peter ran away to Neverland, a place where children never age and retain their youthful traits forever. Peter’s closest friend is Tinker Bell, a common fairy who is very protective of him and can be rather rude; Peter is the only one who can understand her. He’s also the leader of the Lost Boys, a group of young boys who have come to Neverland without any parents. Peter is the bravest of the Lost Boys and more than others in general due to his youthful ignorance.

Peter’s arch nemesis is Captain Hook, whom Peter defeated in a duel, chopping of his hand. Hook replaced the hand with a hook, hence his name. The hand in question fell into the mouth of a hungry crocodile, who liked the taste of Hook’s flesh so much he now follows the pirate around, his appearance always preceded by the Tick tock of an alarm clock he happened to swallow as well. Hook is a brilliant strategist, and is feared by everyone in Neverland (with the exception of Peter).

Peter Pan’s most famous story came in the novel Peter and Wendy, in which Peter and the three Darling children—Wendy, John, and Michael—fly to Neverland and Wendy tries to be a mother to Peter and the Lost Boys. Eventually they are apprehended by Captain Hook, who kidnaps the Lost Boys and the Darlings, and tries to poison Peter. Tinker Bell is poisoned instead, and is near the point of death when Peter revives her by proving to her that there are still children who believe in fairies: a fairy is born every time a baby laughs its first laugh, but when a child refuses to believe in fairies, one dies away.

After saving Tinker Bell, Peter confronts Hook on his ship and defeats him once more, sending him into the waiting mouth of the croc. Peter, Wendy, Michael, and John all flew back to London, leaving the Darling children with their parents.

Years later, Peter returned to the Darling home, only to find that Wendy had grown up. Distraught at his friend’s maturation, Peter quickly made friends with Jane, Wendy’s daughter, and the two flew to Neverland, presumably to have even more fantastic adventures.

YOU CAN FLY!

Peter Pan is most famous for his renowned aerial abilities, and this shows in his moveset. In Smash, Peter actually spends more time in the air then on the ground. If you press the jump button, Peter enters Hover Mode, in which he moves horizontally above the ground (about a half of a stage builder block in height) with a steady pose, Tinker Bell floating behind him. In this state, Peter moves approximately 1.5x faster than normal running speed, and knockback taken is increased by 50%. His falling speed is also reduced by half. In addition, he cannot use his Down Tilt or Down Smash; if you do use these moves, he returns to the ground. His Dash Attack cannot be used either—instead, he uses his Forward Tilt. Finally, throws cannot be used due to Peter’s lack of strength and no ground to provide traction. If you wish to return to the ground without attacking, simply hold down on the control stick.

However, Hover Mode is merely (or usually) the transition stage. By pressing the jump button a second time, Tinker Bell releases pixie dust all over Peter and he is surrounded by a bright, momentary glow. A small bell chimes as this occurs, and Peter enters his signature Flying Mode! This state acts remarkably similar to Pit’s Icarus Wings move, in that Peter can move freely about the stage, only that he takes on more animate poses; for instance, actually faces the direction he’s going and alters his body pose depending on whether or not you’re zooming at full speed or just leisurely floating along.

♦ TIP!!! You can perform a fancy loop by quickly circling the control stick. This allows Peter to dodge attacks, although it can only move him forward—if you rotate the control stick backwards, Peter will flip backwards, but will not move in any direction.

Of course, this will obviously change the properties of Peter’s aerials—if his aerials existed. That’s right; all of Peter’s aerials are merely transplantations of Peter’s standard attacks, just…in the air. Peter can truly treat the air as if it were never there, making him possibly the most formidable aerial foe in Smash’s roster. This means his can use his Down Tilt and Smash, although they are slightly modified due to the fact that there is no ground. In addition, his Up Special does not grant him a recovery; this is to balance his already incredible aerial prowess. Similar to Hover Mode, Peter cannot use throws. If you try to grab, he merely spot dodges.

Now, with all these benefits Peter gets while flying, you may wonder, “Why would I ever want to stay on the ground?” It’s a common question when new players try to play Peter Pan; they get carried away with flying and don’t realize the disadvantages he has while airborne.

First off, knockback inflicted to Peter is increased almost threefold while in the air. Combined with his already light weight, Peter can sometimes be KO’ed before even reaching 100% damage! This means it is imperative that you not just rush the opponent mindlessly, but make sure you know when to retreat. Peter’s hamartia has always been pride, and don’t let it be yours, too.

Second, since Peter’s Up Special does not grant him extra recovery, you must make do with what you already have. If Peter is struck while in flying mode, he will begin freefalling; however, you can call upon Tinker Bell again and return to Flying Mode by holding the jump button. Unfortunately, if you already have taken too much damage, the chance is great that Tinker Bell will be too weak to help you and Peter will plummet to his imminent doom.

Third, you can’t just stay airborne infinitely. If you Peter merely floats in the air for more than three seconds, he begins to sink towards the ground, as Tinker Bell can’t keep him flying unless he keeps moving. If you fly too high towards the top of the stage’s boundaries, Peter can usually only last about a second of staying still before falling; the same occurs if he goes too far towards the bottom of the stage’s boundaries. This prevents players from merely floating just out of reach of their opponent’s attacks and stalling until time runs out.

ANIMATIONS

Idle Stance
Peter impatiently looks about, tapping his foot if he begins standing still for too long. Occasionally Tinker Bell flies around his head and he follows her with his eyes.

Walk
Peter walks rather awkwardly, swinging his arms. Normal walk, nothing too special.

Run
Peter pumps his fists and begins to dash forward, hunched over slightly. He’s clearly trying to make himself go as fast as possible. It’s not a competition, Peter!

Crouch
Peter bends his knees outward, balancing on the balls of his feet. His arms rest on his knees, hands folded.

Dizzy
Peter clutches the top of his head and shakes his head, staggering about. Tink flies around him, poking and prodding the boy in an attempt to snap him out of it.

Asleep
Peter lies prone on the ground, arms and legs sprawled out lazily. He snores softly, and Tinker Bell rests peacefully on his chest.

Hover
Peter floats above the ground; one leg is slightly bent while the other is extended downwards. He normally keeps this pose throughout his movements, although he still has idle animations such as scratching his head or playing with Tink.

Flying
If slowly flying, Peter moves in a manner similar to Hover Mode. If flying forward at full speed (tap the control stick), Peter’s legs are extended straight back and together, and his arms are held back at an angle. If flying up, Peter’s hands are held by his sides as he shoots upward.

STATISTICS

POWER — 3
WEIGHT — 2
GROUND SPEED — 6
AIR SPEED — 7
RANGE — 4
RECOVERY — 10
TRACTION — 2

Essentially, Peter is a typical lightweight fast-hitter. His attacks are weak, as most of them either involve his small dagger, or a fairy dust and/or stardust, which isn’t exactly powerful either. His speed on the ground is average due to him being an average boy, but his flight speed is what makes it easy for him to dance around opponents’ attacks and give him great maneuverability. Due to his small weapon and general lack of projectiles, Peter’s range is slightly subpar, forcing him to get close to opponents to do lots of damage.

Obviously, Peter’s recovery is one of the best in the game due to the fact it lasts indefinitely and he can easily recover from the bottom of the stage and even fly around it. Of course, get hit once and chances are you’re out of luck. Traction is also a problem for Peter, making him easily knocked around even while on the ground.

SPECIAL ATTACKS ◊​

Neutral — Wayward Fairy
Peter doesn’t do anything for this move; instead, it’s Tinker Bell who does all the work. She flies out from behind Peter and quickly goes forward one stage builder block, sprinkling pixie dust along the way. Unfortunately for the opponent, the pixie dust Tink produces during this move is rather…volatile, shall we say. It grants opponents the ability to fly, but they have no means of controlling it.

Essentially, the opponents are sent flying back one stage builder block and up the height of its bottom platforms. The trajectory of this move is curved, and the opponent cannot move while flying. At first glance, this move may seem to be a wonderful KO move, but due to the fact that the knockback is always the same regardless of damage, it doesn’t actually serve much of a purpose other than keeping your opponents away from you. Please note that this move does not work on SSE bosses.

Up — Pan Pipes
Peter brings out his signature Pan Pipes, playing the recognizable melody from the song “Following the Leader.” The animation lasts about four seconds, during which time musical notes appear around Peter, floating lazily in all directions the distance of one stage builder block. These notes come in two colors: red and blue. The red notes cause about 4% damage and stun the opponent slightly, as if they had been hit by Falco’s laser. The blue notes send opponents to sleep, the length of the sleep depending on the damage the opponent has.

This move is fun, but unfortunately, the notes move a little too slowly to be useful in any situation other than the middle of a combo. Also, please note that the sleeping effect is dispelled if a sleeping opponent is hit by a red note after falling sleep, as in all other sleeping-inducing moves. The notes disappear if the hit a solid object, like items or solid platforms.

Side — Shooting Star
When using this move, Peter is surrounded by a momentary flash of light (no doubt provided by Tink) and then shoots forward, spinning in a corkscrew like motion while glowing golden. The total distance traveled is about equal to half of Battlefield. While he flies forward, Peter lets loose a giddy laugh as he spins into opponents with his magically-amplified body. Of course, after the move is finished, he is left rather dizzy and takes a moment to regain his balance. The move scores multiple quick hits, causing about 10% damage total if all the hits connect. At the end, it sends opponents flying backward.

Although this move is one of Peter’s few KO options, it is also probably his most risky. The ending lag makes it easily punishable, and the fact that it cannot be curved makes it a horrible recovery choice—not to mention the fact that it puts Peter in helpless animation if he uses in while flying. Timing is essential with this move!

Down — Eye of the Storm
Peter’s main method of avoiding attacks, taken from his attack as a party member in Kingdom Hearts. Peter is instantly surrounded by a swirling wind vortex for five seconds, which goes up slightly above his head and below him (if hovering, this move will reach the ground). When an opponent touches this barrier, they are struck for 2% damage and no knockback or hitstun (allowing opponents to get away easily)... Seems like a rather poor way of racking up damage, don’t you think?

That’s because damaging isn’t this move’s purpose: reflection is. Any and all projectiles, regardless of size or state of matter, are deflected and sent flying back in the direction they came in with damage and speed increased by 50%. Since Peter can move while shielded, it may seem impenetrable. However, once this move’s duration is used up (once again, that’s five seconds), it can’t be used for five more seconds. Don’t use this move too recklessly.

STANDARD ATTACKS

A — Sprightly Stab
Peter stabs forward with his dagger. The reach is terrible, and the damage is a measly 1%. Don’t try this as a single attack unless you’re just trying to interrupt opponents’ attacks, as this strike comes out very fast.

AA — Cross Slash
Peter’s follow-up attack, he speedily slashes across the opponent with his dagger. If you’ve already gone to the second stage of his attack, might as well keep going, right? This attack deals slightly more damage at 2%.

AAA — Journey’s End
The final stage in his three-part attack, Peter sweeps his knife upward, knocking opponents up into the air slightly and causing 3% damage. Even though this combo doesn’t do much damage, it’s amazingly fast and a solid interrupting attack.

Dash — Hummingbird
While running (or flying) forward, Peter lets loose his trademark crow and flies forward, darting near his opponents and raining countless blows upon them. All the hits of this attack land—it’s impossible for an opponent to get out of it. The total damage caused is about 8%, but it doesn’t cause good knockback. This makes this a rather situational attack, as Peter is usually left right in the opponent’s face. Unless you dodge fast enough, Peter’s probably going to get it. Nevertheless, the attack is quick and an all-around solid move.

TILT ATTACKS

Forward — Dizzy Slicer
Peter rears back and swings his dagger horizontally, twirling around once before stopping in the same position he was before. The range is just as short as usual, and the starting lag is actually rather slow for Peter’s standards. It’s also rather weak, dealing a measly 5% damage.

However, the main purpose of this move is its ending effect; if the opponent is hit by the knife, they are dragged along in the same pattern as Peter, spinning around, although they spin around several more times than you do. Therefore, it’s well worth it if this move connects; by the time you’ve recovered from the spin, you’ll have more than enough time to strike your opponents with a well-timed smash attack. When used in the air, the same effects still occur; Peter and the target simply freeze while the animations take place.

Up — Dust Bomb
Yay, pixie dust! Unfortunately, your opponent won’t have time for happy thoughts after you use this move. Peter makes an upward tossing motion with his hands, tossing up a handful of pixie dust that travels up and then begins to float down. However, this is special pixie dust Tink has specially prepared for Smash. If an opponent comes near this dust, it wraps around the opponent quickly, flying into their body and exploding, stunning them for approximately one second and dealing about 7% damage. This is especially useful to use in the air, as the dust does not disappear until it hits the ground.

This move cannot be spammed; if Peter uses it more than three times, it takes approximately ten seconds before he can use it again. Still, the idea of showering the opponent with explosive pixie dust is quite appealing, isn’t it?

Down — Croc Clock // Pixie’s Wrath
Peter Pan’s down tilt has two different attack options, depending on whether or not he’s in the air. His Down Smash shares the same dual nature, giving him more attacking options in the air.

If used on the ground, Peter lays an alarm clock on the ground—the same alarm clock that was swallowed by the infamous crocodile who follows Captain Hook. The clock remains stationary for three seconds, making the ominous ticking noise that announce the croc’s arrival. After three seconds, it suddenly explodes, dealing 12% and good knockback. If the clock wasn’t so slow and predictable, it would be a much more viable KO option. The clock can be picked up and thrown like any item; if it hits someone, it causes 3% and low knockback.

Peter’s manner of assault takes on a much more indirect property if used in the air. Tinker Bell flies downward, homing in on the nearest enemy, as long as they aren’t more than three (3) stage builder blocks away from Peter Pan. When Tink gets close to a foe, she grips onto them tightly, mercilessly pounding them with her tiny fists, dealing in total about 6%. Afterwards, Tink lets go and flies back to her friend, completely exhausted. This move can only be used once every five seconds to give Tink time to regain her strength.

SMASH ATTACKS

Forward — Swashbuckler
This is Peter’s only move in which he doesn’t use his dagger; instead, he draws a thin pirate sword, which is a bit longer than Toon Link’s sword. When this smash attack is released, Peter swings the sword diagonally across his body with a flick of his wrist, and then horizontally across with the same quick movement. The second strike is the only on that deals knockback, allowing opponents to be hit by each swing.

This has much better reach than the rest of Peter’s attacks, although if the first blow is dodged (which still isn’t difficult to do) Peter can easily be punished. This move deals 12% in total and gives good knockback making it possibly his most viable killing option. Also of note is the fact that this attack possesses the only disjointed hitbox in Peter Pan’s arsenal.

Up — Starlight
If he’s currently grounded, Peter will hop slightly off the ground to use this. As soon as the smash attack is released, Peter spreads his arms and legs out wide, a glowing yellow star appearing above him and bathing the young boy in an angelic glow. The main area of effect is the star itself, which is about the size of a Pokéball and deals 14% with good knockback. However, the rest of Peter’s body is its own hitbox, dealing 6% with low knockback.

Despite this attack’s high damage, it’s rather slow compared to the rest of Peter’s moves; however, it’s a good way to keep enemies off of you. However, its low speed makes it usefulness situational. Obviously it’s good for dealing with enemies above you—but with Peter’s aerial abilities, this shouldn’t happen often. The hitbox of the star is larger than its size would imply, though, so perhaps you can find other uses for it?

Down — Low Blow // Corkscrew
Just like his Down Tilt, Peter’s Down Smash has two different attacks depending on whether or not he’s flying.

On foot, Peter uses his “Low Blow” attack, which involves him kneeling on one knee and holding his dagger up. Peter then slashes downward with his dagger, bringing the blade down the opponent’s front and onto their toe. This attack has two properties in itself; this is determined by the way the attack connects. If the whole attack hits (downward slash and all), the opponent gets thrown backwards horizontally, taking 11% damage in the process. However, if the ending blow hits—that is, the stab at the end—the opponent takes only 8% damage, but spends two seconds jumping up and down, clutching their injured foot in pain.

If used aerially, Peter flips upside down, facing the ground. As his body straightens out, he holds his dagger out and spins around several times. This attack only deals one hit, but it’s a pretty powerful one, striking for 10% damage and giving sideways knockback. While spinning, Peter does not fall. The longer this attack is charged, the longer Peter spins and the more knockback this attack gives.

THROWS

Grab/Pummel
Tink flies out and pushes the opponent towards Peter, who grabs them and holds them close. Slightly above average reach and no damage. This cannot be used if hovering or flying; but that’s okay, considering most of his throws aren’t exactly stellar. Pressing A during this move will make Peter give his opponent a kiss—that is, an acorn. Peter tosses the tiny seed at their face quickly, dealing 1% damage. This move comes out very fast, allowing players to spam it if they so choose.

Forward — Soaring Shove
This move is similar to Peter’s Forward Special, although it sacrifices damage for knockback. Tink holds the opponent in place momentarily with her magic while Peter flies backward, and then zooms forward through the air and pushes the opponent back. This attack does really good knockback, but only 6% damage. The knockback is at a low angle, but it’s a good KO move to use on the edge of a stage since it doesn’t send opponents up like Wayward Pixie does.

Back — Fatal Glimmer
One of Peter’s more…violent throws, we should say. Peter slings out his dagger and twists it backward, so that its facing behind him. Taking a step in front of his target, Peter suddenly thrusts backwards, stabbing the opponent with as much force as he can muster—which, amazingly, manages to cause 13% damage. Afterwards, the opponent falls to the ground and Peter brings his dagger back to his side as it glints menacingly.

However, this throw has a very important downside; it does no knockback and leaves Peter wide open for attack. The opponent’s ending location puts them in prime position to attack Peter’s exposed backside with a get-up attack (or anything else, really). Oh, Peter, why would you let your anger get the better of you?!

Up — Sky Launcher
Peter speedily flies into the air, using his momentum to swing the opponent upward and send them spiraling through the air; this causes a measly 5% damage. After this throw ends, Peter is in Flying Mode, which shows this move’s true purpose—not as a damage dealer or KO move, but a combo starter! After all, if the opponent doesn’t have enough time to recover and Peter starts flying as soon as the throw is completed, chances are you’ll be able to quickly apprehend your opponent and hit them with a well-time Smash! Fly, Peter, fly!

Down — Furious Twister
This is perhaps Peter’s most powerful throw, although—like his Back Throw—it’s actually not a throw; Peter just doesn’t seem to have the upper body strength to launch his opponents all over the field. Instead, Peter roughly shoves the opponent onto the ground and leaps into the air, turning upside down and flying to the ground as he spins violently. He lands on the opponent, spinning straight into their midsection, but soon tires and steps off. This move in total deals about 12%, making it another good damage-dealing throw, along with Fatal Glimmer.

FINAL SMASH

Final Smash — Second Star to the Right
Uh-oh…Peter Pan has the Smash Ball in his grasp! As he activates his most powerful move, Peter flashes with golden light and flies into the air (if you’re already in the air when he activates this, then he freezes where he is). Lifting Tink up by her wings, Peter begins to shake the fairy, sending copious amounts of pixie dust raining all down over the field. Once an opponent touches this pixie dust, the true Final Smash begins; Peter slowly flies a distance roughly equal to the length of Battlefield before he Tink runs out of pixie dust. If the dust does not come into contact with anyone else, well…you’ve just wasted your Final Smash. Way to go.

However, if some dust manages to land on the opponent, they have no way of escaping. The rest of the Final Smash is cinematic: Peter flies down to the opponents and says, “C’mon, just think happy thoughts!” as he grabs the targets’ hands and pulls them into the air (if there is a third opponent, then they hold onto the feet of another fighter). Peter lets them go as they float, clumped together, and he flies below them. Pointing to a nonspecific point in the sky, he says: “You take the second star to the right…”

After he says this, Peter rushes upward with blinding speed, slashing so quickly with his dagger it can only be seen as a blur. He makes multiple quick strikes, dealing 25% damage to his opponents. Peter finally rears back for a final attack before slamming his glowing knife into the opponents, sending them flying high into the sky with 5% more damage. As he delivers this blow, he says “And straight on ‘till morning!” While the opponents soar off the screen, Peter puts his hands on his hips proudly; Tink then flies in and quickly heals Peter for 15%.

The hardest part of Peter’s Final Smash is connecting with the initial blow. The falling pixie retains the same slow, infinite properties as Peter’s Up Tilt—that is, the dust won’t disappear until it hits the opponent or another solid object. The closer you are to your opponent before activating the attack, the better chance you have of succeeding.

PLAYSTYLE

Peter Pan’s main advantage in battle is his awesome aerial game. Despite the fact that he has no aerials, he makes up for this by being able to use ALL of his other attacks in the air—even his Smashes! Therefore, approaching isn’t as much of an issue for Peter as it is for other characters. It’s rather simple to just fly into the air and descend upon your opponent with a corkscrew attack.

Of course, that doesn’t mean you can KO opponents that easily. Peter has an exceedingly difficult time killing his opponents due to the low damage most of his attacks give. Only a few of his moves have good knockback—his Forward and Up smashes come to mind, but the latter takes skill to land correctly. His only other really good killing moves are his Forward Throw, which can’t even be used in the air, and Forward Special, which can’t be used in the air unless you want to be put in helpless. Therefore, with Peter you need to be able to quickly rack up damage and pull off a smash before your opponent can realize what you’ve done.

Peter has no trouble comboing attacks. Start with an Up Throw and then follow up with a Dust Bomb; chances are you’ll be close enough for the dust to explode before it begins falling down. You can then take advantage of their stunned state to sweetspot Starlight. Boom, your opponent’s flying helplessly and you can probably follow up with almost any attack you’d like. Attacks like Hummingbird are great to use in the air due to their high priority, and his neutral poke is a great way of interrupting opponent attacks.

Peter’s also got a good amount of spacing moves—that is, attacks that keep him away from harm. Eye of the Storm is a solid projectile reflector, and moves like Wayward Fairy and Soaring Shove are great for keeping opponents away from you. Don’t hesitate to use these attacks if you need to keep your opponents away; after all, that’s what they’re for. Not only that, but they allow Peter to be a useful hit-and-run character, if you are so inclined to play him that way.

You should really only play on the ground when you are forced too; being in the air generally is safer, even if you’re fighting against another aerial fighter like Jigglypuff or Pit; not even they come close to matching Peter in the sky. With that kind of mobility, you should be in the air all the time, especially for things such as edgeguarding and gimping—Peter’s quite excellent at that, as you could guess (that is, unless you are attacked by a recovery move).

The only thing you might want to be on the ground for is using a throw or two to rack up some damage, as his Back and Down throws are among the most damaging attacks in Peter’s moveset. Hover mode’s usually a good mode to be in as well, as it allows you to quickly switch between ground and sky.

Evasion is also a key point with Peter—well, it’s important for every character, but when you’re dealing with a lightweight and floaty target with above-average height, you need to be able to dodge at a moment’s notice. Luckily, Peter’s dodges are quick and take him back a long distance; he’s quite the speedster, after all. Even seemingly trivial things like his aerial flips make him that much quicker and harder to hit.

So, in conclusion, playing Peter Pan requires that you not get overly-excited with his aerial prowess. Making quick strikes and keeping opponents from hitting you are key areas of his playstyle. It’s also essential you learn when to descend to the ground for combo opportunities, and take to the skies when danger is imminent. He has two main styles: the high-risk, high-reward combo maker and a quick and flighty hit-and-runner…you must master them both to succeed.

TAUNTS

Up Taunt — Peter cups his hands around his mouth and crows loudly.

Side Taunt — Peter takes a handful of pixie dust and tosses it forward with a flourish. This pixie dust does nothing; it is merely a visual effect.

Down Taunt — Peter proudly puts his hands on his hips and declares loudly, “Ah, the cleverness of me!”

VICTORY POSES

Victory Pose #1 — Peter spins wildly while yelling, “Woo-hoo!” He floats up into the air while pixie dust flies off of him in showers. He finally stops and looks to the screen with a smile on his face and laughs before announcing, “That was fun!”

Victory Pose #2 — Peter thoughtfully rests his hands on his fists and wonders, “Wow, you’re terrible. Maybe if you think happier thoughts, you could beat me!” He pauses, and then cruelly says, “Nah!”

Victory Pose #3 — Tink flies out from behind Peter and whispers something in his ear. Peter laughs at it and looks at the screen, as if talking to his opponent: “Tink says you’re not worth our time.” He then shrugs and says, “I think she’s right.”

Loss Pose — Peter sits Indian-style on the ground, angrily looking at the ground and refusing to clap. Tink flies around his head, making annoyed, high-pitched ringing sounds constantly.

Victory Theme — The refrain from Flying. Although it’s not from the Disney version of Peter Pan, it still appropriately fits Peter Pan’s sense of wonder.

EXTRAS

Symbol
A feather, identical to the one that is placed in Peter Pan’s hat.

Kirby Hat
Kirby don’s Peter Pan’s signature green hat and red feather; how adorable! However, Kirby actually takes Peter’s Up Special (Pan Pipes) as his stolen move, mostly because Kirby can’t take away Tinker Bell.

Entrance Animation
Peter flies in from the background and lands on his feet, ready for battle. Tinker Bell follows close behind, ready to follow and aid him.

Wiimote Selection Sound
“It’s off to Neverland!”

Snake CODEC Conversation

Snake: Mei Ling…this kid’s outfit is creeping me out. And he’s flying.
Mei Ling: Aw, Snake, don’t tell me you don’t recognize Peter Pan? Or Tinker Bell? C’mon, everyone knows Tinker Bell!
Snake: Oh…right…
Mei Ling: You don’t know who I’m talking about, do you?
Snake: Not a clue.
Mei Ling: Tell me, Snake…did you even have a childhood?

Alternate Outfits

Modern Interpretation - This outfit comes from the 2003 live-action version of “Peter Pan,” which was a more faithful adaptation of Barrie’s novel. This version was not a musical and had a darker theme, as well as romantic undertones between Wendy and Peter. Jeremy Sumpter played Peter Pan in this film, and appears barefoot, wearing a suit made of leaves and vines. There are no tights or feathered caps here, making it a less fanciful approach to the classic character that works well.

Unlocking Peter Pan
  • Remain airborne for at least 15 seconds during a Brawl.
  • Play 205 Brawls.
  • Have him join your party in SSE.
Once you’ve unlocked him, you’ll receive this message:
It’s the boy who never grew up! Peter Pan joins the brawl!

TROPHIES

Peter Pan
The boy who never grew up, Peter Pan lives a carefree, happy lifestyle, and thinks very highly of himself. He is, in all aspects, a typical boy: boastful, reckless, and unintentionally cruel. Peter can fly, thanks to his fairy companion Tinker Bell, and can even swordfight. He leads the Darling children to Neverland and partakes in many grand adventures with them, culminating in a pirate duel with the nefarious Captain Hook.

Second Star to the Right
Peter Pan’s Final Smash. After sprinkling pixie dust on the opponents, Peter pulls his opponents into the air, misleading them with promises of a trip to Neverland. Peter then strikes his foes countless times with his knife, ending with them flying into the sky for a KO. Tinker Bell also helps Peter out by healing him for a bit of damage.

Tinker Bell
Peter Pan’s fairy friend, who is very protective of him and quite serious about it. She is “a common fairy,” as Peter puts it, and can be very jealous of other girls that Peter interacts with, especially Wendy. Her dust can make other people fly, and she is also capable of other magical feats, such as weak healing magic. Since her appearance in the 1953 film, she has become the unofficial mascot for Walt Disney pictures, appearing in many advertisements and promotions.

Neverland
A magical land that is supposedly in every child’s imagination. It’s a fantastic place with deep blue lagoons populated with mermaids, hidden forest hollows with fairies, tribes of Indians, and ships full of pirates! How do you get to this wonderful island? “Second star to the right, and straight on ‘till morning…”

Captain Hook
Peter Pan’s archenemy, whose hand was eaten by a fearsome crocodile. The aforementioned hand was replaced with a golden hook, hence the name. Hook constantly tries to defeat Peter Pan as revenge, and will use any means necessary to achieve that goal. He’s fond of deals and putting loopholes in them for his own benefit, as evidenced when he tricks Tinker Bell.

Wendy Darling
A young girl from Victorian England on the brink of adolescence. Peter Pan visits her one night, and she (along with her brothers, Michael and John) goes with him to Neverland, where she serves as a ‘mother’ of sorts to Peter and the Lost Boys. Wendy is very mature, and although she attempts to avoid growing up by going with Peter, she soon learns her lesson and accepts her maturation.

STAGES

Nighttime Flight
*Unlock this stage by winning 15 VS Matches with Peter Pan*

You fight on top of one flat cloud platform that is slightly longer than Battlefield. There are two smaller pass-through cloud platforms above it, set at equal distances apart. This makes this a perfectly tournament-legal stage, with no hazards whatsoever. There are, however, amazing background effects—the whole cycle takes a total of two minutes. You begin at the window of the Darling’s nursery, flying away just as Mr. and Mrs. Darling burst into the room with Nana (the family dog) at their heels. As Nana’s barks slowly fade away, you find yourself soaring over the rooftops of London, occasionally dipping lower to spy the streets and buildings in more detail. Ooh…is that Big Ben?

Eventually you soar high into the night sky, over the clouds and into space itself which is thick with twinkling stars. The astral backgrounds become more intense, as you pass multi-colored planets and glowing orbs of light. Soon, you enter a dimensional rift, where you are in merely pure white for some time. The light speeds by, until you enter a glowing portal, and you pop out into the skies over Neverland. The view here is breathtaking; you can barely make out the features of Neverland in the distance. The sun slowly rises over the ocean horizon as you draw closer to Neverland, but…there is a sudden burst of light from the sun and you find yourself back at the Darling’s nursery.

…Was it all a dream?

Neverland
*Unlock this stage by playing 20 VS Matches on Nighttime Flight*

Of course this had to be a stage! We couldn’t just tease you with Nighttime Flight and not let you fight on Neverland! It’s a wonderful stage, although there are certainly more hazards on the mystical island. You fight on a forested segment of the island, with a clear view of the mountains and lagoons in the back. There is one main platform that is the size of Battlefield and airborne. There are three pass-through platforms on the sides: the palm trees. Occasionally the Lost Boys will pop up from the forests below, watching the battle with interest until you footstool jump off of them once (this automatically happens), at which point they sink below the foliage again.

Mermaids will swim up from the right lagoon and sing every so often, releasing sound waves that put anyone on that side of the stage to sleep (as long as they’re grounded). On the left cove, Captain Hook’s pirate ship will approach the battle field and fire cannonballs at the players. The cannonballs deal 20% and good knockback, but they move slowly. Finally, fairies will fly down from the canopy, sprinkling pixie dust on the field every so often that makes everyone remain airborne longer (similar to the Flying part of Pokémon Stadium 2). This effect lasts for about fifteen seconds.

Here’s a visual aid. The black line is the main solid platform, the green lines are pass-through, and the red square is Mario.

SSE BOSS

CAPTAIN HOOK

The oh-so-vile Captain Hook fights you on his ship, the Jolly Roger, alone and one on one. The ship is about the size of FD, with many more platforms and levels, as befitting of a ship. There are also some cannons in the background, but they don’t come into play until halfway through the battle.

Hook’s quite the competent swordsman; his attacks are surprisingly powerful, and, combined with his range and speed, makes him a difficult enemy to face. Not only that, but almost all of his attacks are disjointed and he’s completely invulnerable to being knocked off the side; he always manages to grab a part of the Jolly Roger before falling off. He doesn’t have as much health as some bosses, though, so just be quick and wear him down before he can do the same to you!

After you defeat Hook, he falls off the ship, straight into the mouth of the hungry crocodile that has been pursuing him so long. Hook manages to leap out of the beasts’ jaws, and runs across the water into the distance, screaming for Smee while the croc snaps at his heels.

100% Attacks
Star Cutter - This is a standard, three-hit slash attack. Hook waves his sword three times in a diagonal motion, making an X-shape in the air. As soon as those hits are done, he thrusts forward with his rapier, pushing you back. The two slashes do about 7% each, and the thrust does 8%, making a total of 22%. If you get caught in the first slash, you’re going to take all the hits, so be sure not to get too close to Hook’s face when fighting.

Piercing Tip - Hook lunges forward, the tip of his sword glinting. This is Hook’s main way of closing the gap between him and you, as he fights much better at close range. If you see him rear back, be sure to stay out of the way; this attack covers roughly the same area as half of Battlefield. He will use this if you get too far away, so be sure that you find a good balance. The only good thing about this attack is that it deals only 10%.There is also a very small hitbox: the tip of the sword. One of Hook’s less useful attacks; however, be warned that if you hit the tip of the sword, you will go FLYING.

Skyward Slash - The name speaks for itself. Hook leaps into the air, swinging his sword up with it. The whole blade is the hitbox this time, making it harder to avoid. The sword doesn’t do much knockback, but it does 13% and is very quick. Hook can easily pull off about three of these in the air if he wanted it do.

75% Attacks
Whirlwind - Hook swings his sword wildly in front of him, slashing numerous times with his blade and causing approximately 26% damage when it’s done. Despite the fact it causes a lot of damage, you can easily DI out of the strikes. It doesn’t cause much knockback either; it’s purely a damage racking technique. However, its range is deceptive and make sure you stay back when Hook starts using this move.

Blazing Pantaloons - That’s right, Hook’s pants catch on fire. He flies into the air, yelping, and when he hits the ground, runs around the stage wildly, dealing lots of knockback but only 10% damage. Hook runs around for about five seconds before the fire finally dies out, and he spends about a second afterward panting and patting his burnt rump. It’s easy enough to avoid, although Hook will sometimes leap into the air while running, potentially sending you flying off the stage.

50% Attacks
Fire! - Hook yells “Fire!” and the cannons from the background of his ship begin firing blazing cannonballs toward you. This attack is easily telegraphed and easy to avoid, but the cannonballs come out quite fast; they’re large and happen to deal 30% damage with great knockback! Don’t be foolish when you see him yell this—Hook won’t attack while the cannons are firing, and if you don’t get hit, he’ll furiously stomp the ground, leaving him open for attack.

The Hook - Ah, so he finally decided to use it…Hook swings out with his hook hand, causing 15% damage and LOTS of knockback. Be sure to avoid this attack if you can, as it does a lot of damage and is probably the captain’s most useful killing move. It also comes out very quick, and there’s nothing he does to warn you that it’s coming. Just be sure not to get too close.

25% Attacks
Final Showdown - This is a one-time attack, and is more of an event. Hook a captured fairy out from her cage, and sprinkles fairy dust on himself. He then rises into the air, ready to fight to the death; for the remainder of the battle, Hook flies around, slashing you wildly with his sword. However, shortly after Hook takes to the skies, the fairy escapes and sprinkles fairy dust on you, too! Now you can fly about as well—of course, you can only use aerial attacks, but you should be able to quickly put an end to the nefarious captain. During this final stage of the battle, Hook will use all of his attacks, with the exception of “Blazing Pantaloons.”

“Forget them, Wendy…forget them all. And we will never, never have to worry about grown-up things again.”

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Nice moveset, Tanookie! The hovering/flying thing especially sounds cool, and I'm sure it would be plenty of fun to play around with in an actual match!

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
That... was... cool!
The flight was an awesome and creative feature.

Btw. I read MOST of it.
lol I'll read the rest later.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I can see it now... Dyna Blade vs. Pidgeot vs. Peter... the ultimate aerial battle! WHEEEEEEE!

I haven't read it too deeply, but wow, that's some organization you've got there. It's just so perfect. Everything's so neat and tidy. Whoever you took that from must be some sort of genius. :bee:

Oh, and I LOVE the flying mechanic, if I haven't said so already. Just plain awesome.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Wow, that is one sick moveset Tanookie lol.

Lots of cool moves in there. I also think that the hovering/flying thing was cool lol.

Excellent job :bee:

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Peter Pan was pretty awesome. Readying through him was quite fun, though one interesting thing that I would add to his weaknesses is that he is particularly vulnerable to stale moves seeing as he has inherntly less to chose from. Not that it detracts from the moveset, just an interesting note.

Fun stuff!

Hexxus won't be up tonight... *sigh*

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Peterpan was king. Great work. I want to play Kingdom Hearts again after that one. I like how you used his actual attacks like Hummingbird and Journey's End. Supreme work.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
Hooray for compliments! Thanks a ton, guys; I worked really hard on Peter and I'm glad it paid off! I'm also happy everyone liked the flying feature.

@ Lenus: Wow, I didn't think of that before...that makes a lot of sense.

@ Cruxyphon: I actually had to go back and play around in Neverland a couple of times to get a feel for Peter's moveset. I couldn't put Time Out in, though, as it probably woulda been too broken. I don't think I ever used him as a summon in KH2, though. Actually, I never used summons in KH2, mostly cause I played on Easy mode. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom