• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sonic Board Revolution (AKA NEW CHATROOM!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
5 people confirmed, let's get this race on bois, and set up a time for shells and naner shenanigans.

Just not anytime Monday, I'll be at a tourney then.

...Xeevee, you got MKW if you're reading this?

:093:

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I'll buy it tomorrow/monday depending whether or not Gamestation is open on sundays or not.

I dibs Luigi. You'll all beat me, I've played this like...once at a friend's house, and she bent me over and ***** me a lot.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Tuezdai, plz. We need to coordinate Time Zones, though.

Also, I dunno who this Havokk person be, but they better choose now: Lucas or Sonic team.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Scrub scrub scrub (<3)

That's 6 people confirmed man, let's see if we can make this party even more whacky. I'll pwn some moar n00bs with mah Yoshi on the Sugarscoot A.K.A. the scooty puff Jr.

If nobody decides to go post in the Omelette thread, I'll do it once I beat the 100cc cups.

Edit: Neon, we should work it out sometime soon. What's the time difference between England and East coast?

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Me and Chis are weird, so you American's can host whenever you want and we'll be there because we're up at ungodly times anyway, it's like half 4 in the morning now.

I don't know if I can do tuesday, I might be stopping at my ladyfriends, not sure.

@Kinzer: 5 hours, I believe.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Oh dayumn.

This thread is working, keeping all the offtopic stuff in one place. Boxob would have probably made a seperate thread to announce that he was making a game ordinarily lol.

I want to play the game, anything by Boxob is sure to be full of steak and wonder. Whimsical.

Neon Ness

I informed the omelettes, I'll see who replies lata.

OK, so now Wednesday seems to be the last free day. Thursday is New Year's Eve, which means alcohol and parties ringin' in the new year with family. Friday = hangovers.

@ Kinzer: Baby Daisy with Bullet Bike = Sonic team gettin' straight murked up and down Rainbow Road.

@ Chis: I've completed everything with at least 1 star. 'Twas difficult.

Tenki

Smash Hero
it does change the knockback...
just not enough to really matter.
mostly only used for testing purposes.
marios up angled f-smash kills earlier than normal f-smash.

do sonics angles smashes look different cause I tried it for mad long and i never saw a difference in the animation.
Sonic's doesn't work like the other characters' U-smashes/U-tilts though D;

as far as I've seen, his angled smashes don't change knockback. It does, however, feel like his U-Fsmash is kinda more disjointed (below/above) than his normal one. Or maybe not. I don't know XD

His down-tilted F-tilt seems to have more range though.

gotta remember to ask dj to test the vertical part of U-Fsmash/D-smash later lol.

This guy must hate life.

what pokemon is that?

[edit]
oh... wow.

that's not a pokemons.

[edit2]
;__; trying to keep this thread alive.

sure, it might black hole for some spam/unneeded threads, but some of this stuff was borderline 'lock plz' material D;

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Haunt haunt haunt!~

The game is simple enough it all starts right now, or whenever you claim Sonic Mainery.

Simply pick a Pokemon. Any one you'd like out of first 99 given to us by our forum masters.

Leveling up is a rather slow process, as to give this game a bit of difficulty. For every 500 posts made, you gain one level. The only way to gain levels outside of posting is to receive Boxob points. 20 Boxob points gains you a level (Rare Candy).

If you're patient, and you save up 93 Boxob points, you receive another Pokemon available for you to use. (Masterball)

Special bonus (Woo, top of the food chain *****): If you had already selected a Pokemon before the start of this forum game, you do not have to start from the devolved version.

http://www.happychild.org.uk/supercoolzone/pokemon/evolution/index.htm Use that link to see when your Pokemon levels up!

Additional rules: You don't have to play, this is more so just for fun, and adding a little spice to things.

I'm open to ideas from anyone else on this (Not a rule lol)

That's it!

Woo.

Enjoy?

"The early bird catches the worm, or in this case... the Pokemon" - Professor Oak.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
How do you win?

:071:

Also, what advantages do you guys think battlefield have for Sonic?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
"Simply pick a Pokemon. Any one you'd like out of first 99 given to us by our forum masters. "

Change that to unevolved pokemon?

You may not evolve a Ghastly without Boxob's direct permission.

The ones I'm determined for >: said:
You may not pick Haunter without Boxob's permission

You may not pick Mewtwo without Havokk's permission.

You may not pick Kadabra without Rickerdy-doo-da-day's permission.
You may not evolve an Abra into a Kadabra without Rickerdy-doo-da-day's
permission.

Should you change "levels" to "evolution?" or have a set amount of levels (3?) per evolution.

You may choose to not evolve your pokemon.

My input on my own rules:
The permission stuff for Kadabra/Mewtwo/Haunter.

:mewtwo:

SuSa

Actually, I was being legit about levels being different than evolutions, this isn't a short game my friend.

Okay good, that's what I thought it was. : )

Which means some people need like 63 levels to level up.

Question:

How do you level up a pokemonz that must be traded? Do you have to trade it with someone?

Neon Ness

Chis jacked my Victreebell.

:<

Oh well, I'll go straight Diamond on them junks.

Battlefield is great for jab locks, I go there not only with Sonic but Ness as well. The platforms make for great short hop up air juggling at lower percents, but then the same can be said for Yoshi's Island...

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Okay good, that's what I thought it was. : )

Which means some people need like 63 levels to level up.

Question:

How do you level up a pokemonz that must be traded? Do you have to trade it with someone?
Nah, **** that. We'll just keep things easy.

Also, Boxob points will be given out slightly more liberally than before as to slightly speed up the leveling process.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
i thought battlefield was the worst neutral for sonic. i cant think of any advantages, i do what comes naturally there.
Up throw onto the platforms would give Sonic control I think. Sonic can attack (Uair and Uptilt) with relative safety.

The platforms help him approach?

Sonic can cross it under a second.

SuSa

Nah, **** that. We'll just keep things easy.

Also, Boxob points will be given out slightly more liberally than before as to slightly speed up the leveling process.

So how do you level up a pokemon that needs to be traded?

Pick a random *** level for it to level up? 20 levels after it evolved to its second evolution?

What about pokemons that need a special item to level up, can we buy said item with Boxob points? (eg: Thunder Stone for Pikachu; Moon Stone for Jigglypuff/Clefairy)

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Up throw onto the platforms would give Sonic control I think. Sonic can attack (Uair and Uptilt) with relative safety.

The platforms help him approach?

Sonic can cross it under a second.
So it can be seen.

What's this I hear about some Mario Kart thing for Sonic players vs Lucas players? I'm in, if this is true.

Also, :094:
It's true.

SuSa

I feel if it's 20 for a level, I think it should be 40 or 60 for a Stone and such.

Or go finds a pokemon game guide, see how much the stones are, and take off the last 1 or 2 digits.

I'll find a pokemon guide so we can have all the level up levels.

BTW for level up levels:

Should I go off a Diamond/Pearl guide, or a Red/Yellow/Blue (since we're using the first 0-99 mostly?) there are slight differences

( I like this chart: Click me to see when your Pokemon Evolves! )

:mewtwo: 495 more posts to level up!

Boxob.

Smash Lord
I feel if it's 20 for a level, I think it should be 40 or 60 for a Stone and such.

Or go finds a pokemon game guide, see how much the stones are, and take off the last 1 or 2 digits.

I'll find a pokemon guide so we can have all the level up levels.

BTW for level up levels:

Should I go off a Diamond/Pearl guide, or a Red/Yellow/Blue (since we're using the first 0-99 mostly?) there are slight differences

:mewtwo:
Definitely redblueyellow.

Actually, thanks a lot with this help, I forgot about stones and ****.

Levels and stuff would be great, I could update the post with them if you could give me a list of them.

Neon Ness

> Havokk.

Well, Sonic team has 5 members, Lucas has... 2. I need to find some more people for this...

Thus Far.

Sonic: Chis, Kinzer, Puff, ROOOOY!, Havokk
Lucas: Neon Ness, heytallman

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
We should just stick with the first 100 1st gen pokeymanz so we can keep track easier.

Also Hav you should probably go with the Lucas boarders, I think they only have like 2-3 players so far, and we have like 4 the minimum.

Anyway how does Wednesday/Thursday for Europeans sound? Everybody should be available then, right?

I dunno, we need to get as much people as we can, this is going to be epic.

BTW my mom says from EC to Grennwich, there's a 6 hour difference. Put Pacific coast with that, and we should probably get this arranged sometiem in the afternoon for U.S./ post midnight for Europeans.

As for pokeymanz, I'll start with Shelldar I guess...

:090:

SuSa

Definitely redblueyellow.

Actually, thanks a lot with this help, I forgot about stones and ****.

Levels and stuff would be great, I could update the post with them if you could give me a list of them.

Read my edited post, it has a RBY chart.

I like this game as much as you do, and thats why I offered to help with rules.

Once we start getting some winners (they win some steak sauce) we could start a Kanto version or something.

lol

:mewtwo: 494 more posts to level up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom