• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
@ MarthTrinity: HELLZ YEAH. I am SO looking forward to that Carmilla moveset! But Shanoa's still a spammer...:laugh:
Still not as bad as Misa Maria. Carmilla will also be (hopefully) unique and not a clone from her Judgement appearence.

I'm seriously REALLY looking forward to this.

It's not. Unfortunatley, most of the costumes are fail. Shanoa the hot nun, Simon the S&M monster, and Misa Amane...I mean, Maria Renard.
Fixed.

- MarthTrinity
That's me! And I love how much *** Shanoa kicks in your SSE =)

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
So when you become a god, Kibble, I trust you'll make a world far better then this? Fill it with cake loving pink puffballs and fat penguin kings.
Kibble, fill it with Llamas who shoot pie from their fingers. I'll be the lone ranger who has to tame them before the evil Dr.r Pee Pee fills up his condo with snow cones!

Quick Man atm.
do Guts Man! :bee:
*looks around for random noun* Do...Lamp Man! :bee:

De Blob Preview.
I want to play that game...how would you rate it?

The next chapter's theme is Yoshi.
Please have Kid Goku on the island! Please, please, PLEASE! Yoshi is TOO good.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Kibble, fill it with Llamas who shoot pie from their fingers. I'll be the lone ranger who has to tame them before the evil Dr.r Pee Pee fills up his condo with snow cones!
Someday I wanna make a video game of that, just for you, Sundance.

Do...Lamp Man!
You should be in charge of the Mega Man games. Lamp Man, lol. Awesome.

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
Almost ready...

Hey guys, I'm almost done rewriting my moveset for Black Mage. All I need now is some help from some fellow 8-bit Theater fans. Here's the question: Should BM's Hadoken spell be his Final Smash? It's the obvious choice but I had some other ideas. What do you guys think?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Not as awesome as... Pie Man!

Seriously that should be a robot master. :laugh:
Clownman could be considered being a Pieman... though, I don't remember, does he throw pies?

There is no Lamp man, Sundance. If there was one we would have him by now.
Brightman.

Garbage Man! Oh wait.................
Dustman and Junkman.

Pie Man COULD have been Color Man, since he was close to being a clown, but meh. Colors FTW I guess.
Colouredman.EXE is from the Battle Network-series - the only clown in Classic is Clownman.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Clownman could be considered being a Pieman... though, I don't remember, does he throw pies?

Brightman.

Dustman and Junkman.

Colouredman.EXE is from the Battle Network-series - the only clown in Classic is Clownman.
I don't really know much about the Megaman universe. All I know is that I suck at Megaman games other than Battle Network with the exception of Megaman Zero 3. :ohwell:

SirKibble

Smash Champion
A single idea isn't limited to a single robot master, Spade.

- Shadow Man, Dark Man, Shade Man
- Ice Man, Freeze Man, Cold Man
- Fire Man, Heat Man, Flame Man

Yeah, sometimes I think those names are really creative. Maybe I should take an idea from that. Hmm... Serpent Man! He's like Snake Man, only not! :)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I'm quite the Megaman nerd. I've played several times through all games of the series, including odd spin-offs like Light's and Wily's Rockboard, Megaman Soccer, Megaman Battle Chip Challenge, Megaman X Command Mission or Megaman Network Transmission.

The only 5 games I haven't played are Megaman Zero 2-4, Megaman ZXA and Megaman 9. Oh, and the extreme oddballs which are superrare games like Rockman Strategy or something.

Megaman 9 I don't have because I have no WiFi.
Megaman ZXA I have but didn't have the time to play.
Megaman Zero 2-4 I didn't play because I hated the first game.

Edit: @SirKibble:
Of course not, but there's no other clown in the Classic series. If you'd say toy-themed, there'd be Springman together with Clownman, but there is only 1 clown. Clownman.

In Battle Network, there's Colouredman.EXE and Circusman.EXE, making two clown themed Navis. But that's not Classic.

You see where I'm goin?

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
A single idea isn't limited to a single robot master, Spade.

- Shadow Man, Dark Man, Shade Man
- Ice Man, Freeze Man, Cold Man
- Fire Man, Heat Man, Flame Man

Yeah, sometimes I think those names are really creative. Maybe I should take an idea from that. Hmm... Serpent Man! He's like Snake Man, only not! :)
Why is it Roll and Glide are the only ones in Battle Network with decent names?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Why is it Roll and Glide are the only ones in Battle Network with decent names?
Roll is hailing from the Classic series, too, much like the whole crapload of Men.

In Japan, Megaman is called Rock(man) and his "sister" is Roll. Rock and Roll. The whole series is music-themed with Protoman being Blues and Forte (Bass), Gospel (Treble), Beat, Tango, Reggae, etc.

Glyde, on the other hand, is based on the character Glyde from Megaman Legends/Rockman DASH. He's the main villain of Megaman Legends 2, there.

The other Megaman Zero games are much better than the first.

Atleast I know the 3rd is. If the problem is difficulty, then you should play the 3rd.
Not, it's not the difficulty, because then I'd cry over the friggin hard SNES games of the X-series.

What I mean is that I despise the style, the story, the main character, and the gameplay.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Edit: @SirKibble:
Of course not, but there's no other clown in the Classic series. If you'd say toy-themed, there'd be Springman together with Clownman, but there is only 1 clown. Clownman.

In Battle Network, there's Colouredman.EXE and Circusman.EXE, making two clown themed Navis. But that's not Classic.

You see where I'm goin?
I know. All I'm saying is that just because there's a Bright Man, that doesn't mean there can't be a Lamp Man!! :grin:

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Which pisses me off when people pronounce "Bass" like the fish, rhyming with ***. My best friend is a Megaman fanatic and he STILL refuses to get it right >_>

Crap. DP. My bad

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Which pisses me off when people pronounce "Bass" like the fish, rhyming with ***. My best friend is a Megaman fanatic and he STILL refuses to get it right >_>
That's why I prefer the Japanese names over the American ones. Bass. ELL OH ELL. Forte > Bass anyday.

@Chris:
So I'm a soulless ***hole because I don't like the Zero games? Woo. Great. You have no soul for not knowing the Power Instinct series.
The style, the story, the main character, and the gameplay. You DO know of something called personal taste, right? A friend of mine hates all Megaman games, no matter which sub-series.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
*said it like that before he learned better*

I felt so stupid when I figured it out. :ohwell:

Concerning the names, I'm torn. I like some of the Japanese ones better and some not.

SparkZ

Smash Cadet
Espeon

Swim Time: 5/10. Espeon actually can stay in the water an average amount of time, despite being a cat.
Size: 4/10. Espeon is somewhat small.
Weight: 3/10. Espeon is also light too.
Running Speed: 7/10. Espeon is quite quick.
Traction: 7/10. Those claws really help in this department.
Power: 6/10. Espeon also has decent power.
Damage Racking: 8/10. Actual combos, and many a projectile.
KO Ability: 7/10. Many gimping and KO moves.
Attack Speed: 6/10. It can keep the hits coming as well.
Range: 6.5/10. Can’t touch this, na, na na na, na na, na na, Can’t touch... oh right, better stop.
Priority: 4/10. Below average.
Recovery: 1.5/10. Worse than Olimar’s, which is a big problem when compounded with low weight. Hey! I had to put a weakness in there somewhere!
Jump: 6/10. You know how high cats can jump...
Double Jump: 4/10. Even with psychic power helping it out, the second jump is mediocre.
Fall Speed: 4/10. When cats are falling from high spots, they stretch out all of their limbs, which creates a parachute-like effect, halving their fall speed. The same principle holds true here.
Crouch: 6/10. Cats can also crouch well too.
Crawl: Yes. Cats can crawl.
Wall Jump. Yes, but it isn’t particularly good.
Wall Cling. Yes. Hooray for claws!
Dash Dance: No.

Animations

Entrance Animation: Espeon comes out of an Ultra Ball.
When Hit: Espeon is cringing, and has eyes closed and a look of pain upon its face.
Idle: Espeon is just standing. Its tail will be twitching, and it will occasionally yawn.
Walk: Espeon is well..walking like a cat. Duh.
Run: Running...like a cat.
Crouch: Espeon is crouching, and looks like a cat about to pounce.
Roll: Espeon spins around while shifting into the background and moving forward. Looks like Roy’s roll from melee.
Jump: Enters the crouch position for a moment, and then leaps into the air like...a cat.(I seem to be basing a lot of this on cat movements, don’t I?)
Double Jump: Espeon’s gem glows for a short while, and then Espeon is launched into the air by its own psychic force creating an updraft around it. It also has the effect of pushing away enemies with the aforementioned wind.
Edge: Espeon has its claws dug into the ledge, and is just hanging there.
Helpless: Espeon is just flailing in midair while falling.
Fall: Espeon has all of its limbs stretched out, like a real cat falling.
Tumble: Just like helpless, but Espeon is spinning and isn’t upright and in control of the fall. Also, because cats always land on their feet, Espeon can get out of the tumble much faster than other characters.
Tech: Espeon instantly flips back on its feet.
Spot Dodge: Espeon sidesteps into the background for a short while.
Run Into Wall: Espeon runs into the wall, like a dog who skids on the floor into a wall, falls down, gets up, and then shakes its head.
Air Dodge: Espeon shifts to the side in midair. Is somewhat difficult to tell from regular falling.
Dizzy: Rather than get up and moan, it stands there, its head slowly swaying, with little ducks traveling in a circle around its head.
Sleeping: It curls up and goes to sleep.
Swimming: While floating lazily on its back, it is using psychic power to accelerate itself through the water.
Drowning: Espeon starts flailing in the water, and appears to be struggling to keep its head above water.
Shielding: Espeon uses Protect to create a force field around it. It is like Yoshi’s egg in that it doesn’t get smaller, just darker. However, Espeon can jump out of it like a normal shield. To make up for that, it fades faster than a normal shield when hit.
Tripping: Espeon’s feet slide out from under him, and he falls, lying on his side.
Lying on Back: Espeon is lying on its side, looking dead, but is breathing.

||||Moves||||

Button, move name, damage, angle of knockback, kill%

IMPORTANT! Backwards knockback means that the opponent is sent behind you, away from the way you are facing. Also, if I say that X attack is, say, 2 Espeons wide, it means 2 Espeons centered on Espeon, meaning only ½ an Espeon on each side. This only applies to when I use the word “wide”.

A. Tackle. 2%. 0 degree knockback. Can’t kill.

Appearance: Espeon tackles the opponent. It goes about as far as ½ a Bowser. It is very fast, but has a very small amount of lag as Espeon returns to its original position.

Uses: Either use this to follow up with the rest of the combo, or to interrupt an opponent. There are almost no uses of it apart from these.

AA. Bite. 3%. 30 degree knockback. Kills at 635%.

Appearance: Espeon bites the opponent. It has pathetic range, so it is a good thing that you are very close after Tackle. It is very fast, and has virtually no lag afterward.

Uses: Use after Tackle. That’s it.

AAA. Tail Whip. 1% per hit, 2% on the tip of the tail. 0 degree Knockback. Can’t kill.

Appearance: If you know what a “Rat Tail” is, then you will know what this looks like. Espeon turns around and whips the opponent with its tail very fast, like Diddy Kong, but instead of swinging his tail, he does something that is more like a rat tail. It can hit about 4 times per second, and starts up very fast, but has a small amount of lag afterward. It reaches about as far as Diddy Kong’s tail whip.

Uses: Either pin the opponent against a wall with it, or use it just to annoy enemies that you have interrupted with Tackle.

Dash A. Quick Attack. 7%, 4% at beginning of attack. 80 degree knockback. Kills at 410%, or 795% at beginning of attack.

Appearance: Espeon quickly accelerates to twice his normal running speed and continues on until he goes about as far as 2/5th of Battlefield. This move doesn’t hit as hard if the enemy is very close to Espeon, due to him not having any room to build up speed. This attack also does not stop at the edge, but will cause Espeon to slide off the edge like Mario’s cape dash trick Also, when Espeon skids to a halt, a large blast of wind that was pulled along in his wake overtakes him, and shoots forward, pushing all in its path. It acts like normal wind, covers an area about ½ of Battlefield by 2 Bowsers high, and pushes those closer to it harder, like normal wind. Espeon’s fur looks windblown as he stops. The wind does not appear when you dash off the edge. It starts up fast, but the skidding to a halt part is somewhat laggy at the end, although this is alleviated by the wind gust. Also, you can input almost any command while dashing, and it will cancel the attack and do the command while sliding forward about the length of 1/2 of a Battlefield platform. Also, you can crouch to stop without sliding. It is very similar to Fox and Falco’s illusion move.

Uses: This is a VERY versatile move to use. You can use this for a surprise attack, making an opening, approaching very fast, comboing at low% (but don’t overuse it, as your opponent will catch on and take advantage of the low priority)approaching while shielding, attacking while approaching, zipping off the edge to kill whoever is trying to get back to the edge,(but be very careful) using the wind gust to gimp foes with bad recovery, and using the wind gust to slow down or push away certain projectiles. USE THIS.

Trip A. Reflect. 6%. 0 degree knockback. Kills at 885%.

Appearance: As Espeon is lying down, suddenly a blue force-field/bubble appears around him, and Espeon springs to its feet. It is about 1.5 times as wide as Espeon, and is a half-sphere. It is almost instantaneous, and has a little lag afterward. The attack lasts for a little while, and goes away when Espeon gets up. It has a 25% chance of tripping the opponent as well. Also of note is that this move has amazing priority. It clanks with everything.

Uses: Use this for a safe get-up from tripping if the opponent always tries to attack you while you are down. Other than that, just roll away.

Lying Down A. Light Screen. 11% if all 6 hits connect. 15 degree knockback. Kills at 740%.

Appearance: As Espeon is lying down, suddenly a bunch of small, shiny, yellow hexagonal plate-like things appear in a half-sphere around him, and Espeon gets up. It is the exact same as Reflect, as far as dimensions and time go, but it looks different and it has average priority, and it can reflect projectiles. It looks like either Light Screen or Reflect in Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness, but I forgot which one.

Uses: Use this only if the opponent is stupid enough to just stand there next to you while you are lying down.

Ledge Attack under 100%. Take Down. 6%. 45 degree knockback. Kills at 210%.

Appearance: Espeon pauses on the edge for just a moment, and then, using the edge, vaults itself forward in a high speed tackle. It goes about the distance of Bowser lying down. If Espeon hits the opponent, there will be an explosion where you hit them, and you will bounce back slightly like peach bomber in melee. However, if you don’t hit anything, you will fall on your side and suffer about 1.5 times the lag of a missed peach bomber(brawl) while you get up.

Uses: Don’t use unless the opponent is incredibly stupid and just stands near the edge waiting to get hit. Any intelligent opponent will jump up and punish your lag when you miss. Don’t use.

Ledge Attack over 100%. Grass Knot. 11%. 45 degree knockback. Kills at 134%.

Appearance: Espeon appears to just stay on the edge, but he summons a bunch of grass out to about 1.5 times as far as the distance of Bowser lying down, which coils around the opponent’s feet and trips them. It actually happens quite quickly, and, at the same time, Espeon does the usual Take Down move, slamming into the opponent which just fell on their butt. Take Down does slightly more damage in this attack. Yay! Now you don’t have to worry about opponents who shield-grab or attack you when you come back up onto the edge! However, the jump-and-punish strategy still works on this move.

Uses: Same as above. You may be able to hit shielding opponents with this once or twice thanks to the element of surprise, but they will catch on quickly.

||||Tilts||||

Down Tilt. Cut/Covet(Cut normally, Covet when the opponent is holding an item). 5% for Cut, 9% for Cut’s sweetspot, 2% for Covet. 55 degree knockback backwards normally, 20 degree knockback sweetspotted, stun for Covet. Kills at 215% normally, 145% sweetspotted, can’t kill.

Appearance for Cut: Espeon reaches forward and claws the opponent in the face. Ouch! If you pause and zoom in, you can see Espeon’s claws. It extends about as far as Diddy Kong’s Ftilt. It comes out at a reasonable speed, and has little lag afterwards. The sweetspot is the front of Espeon’s paws, where the claws are.

Appearance for Covet: Espeon reaches forward and steals the opponent’s item, while at the same time zapping them with a small psychic shock. It stuns them like Falco’s laser, to prevent them from striking back. It reaches as far as Cut, and takes the same amount of time.

Uses for Cut: Use this as a combo move. The regular hit sets them up perfectly for Facade, and the sweetspot is great for canceling a Quick Attack into something else. You can also throw this out to interrupt your opponent, its above-average priority helping out here. Lastly, a sweetspotted Cut can be used as an unorthodox KO tool if the opponent manages to survive to that %.

Uses for Covet: Mostly, you will be using this to steal Diddy’s bananas, ROB’s gyros, and Snake’s grenades. With the grenades, you can use Psychic afterwards for the ultimate improvised attack. Also, in FFA’s, with items on, this can be useful. That’s about it.

Forward Tilt. Return. 2% to 10%. 45 degree knockback. Kills from 925% to 125%.

Appearance: Espeon charges forward, like the Take Down move. When he hits an opponent, hearts go flying, like peach bomber. He charges about 1 Bowser forward. If he misses, the lag is about the same as a whiffed peach bomber. Espeon bounces back a little bit when he hits someone, not nearly as much as peach bomber. It starts up in an average amount of time, but has some lag if you miss. The equation for this move’s power is as follows.
Amount of time in match/5 = x. x is the time interval for each power level. The numbers are as follows.
L1=2%, kill at 925%.
L2=4%, kill at 725%.
L3=6%, kill at 525%.
L4=8%, kill at 325%.
L5=10%, kill at 125%.
On matches w/o time, it counts as L3.
So, let’s try this out, shall we? Let’s try an 8 minute match. 8 min/5 = 1 min, 36 sec. Now, we just add. 0:00 to 1:36 = L1, 1:36 to 3:12 = L2, 3:12 to 4:48 = L3, 4:48 to 6:24 = L4, and 6:24 to 8:00 = L5.

Uses: Overall, this is a rather weak move, but it can be used for following up with Zen Headbutt. Just don’t use it very much, unless it is L5. Then, it can be used for some damage racking, comboing at low%, getting some breathing room, and possibly even KOing.

Up Tilt. Hidden Power. 3% to 17%. Varies.

Appearance: Espeon does one of 17 different attacks, with different size, priority, sweetspots, knockback and damage. WARNING! THIS WILL BE A LONG AND BORING SECTION WITH MATH EQUATIONS AND LISTS! SKIP IF YOU ARE EASILY BORED OR WANT TO GET TO THE REST OF THE MOVES!
Now that we’ve got that out of the way, on to the math. This equation uses 4 variables, which are opponent, stage, the opponent’s color(A number 1 through 12), and a randomly generated number 1 through 17. The stage and enemy numbers are determined by the amount of letters in the name. Lower number of letters = lower number. If multiple names have the same amount of letters, then it is sorted by alphabetical order, with the lower # going to the one that is closer to aaaaaaaaaa. So, each stage and character number doesn’t change the one that it goes to. 75m will always have a value of 1. The different forms of Spear Pillar count as different stages, and all custom stages have the same number. Mushroomy Kingdom 1 and 2, Samus/Zamus, Zelda/Sheik, and Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard all have different numbers. So, the stage can be a number 1 through 45, and the opponent’s character can be a number 1 through 40(Remember, Espeon is included) stage # - character # = x. Convert x to its absolute value. Now you should have a number 0 through 44. If the number is divisible by 4 without a remainder, then divide the number by 2.5 and round. If the number has a remainder of 1, then it has a value of 4, r2 has a value of 7, and r3 has a value of 10. If the number is 0, than keep it as is. Now, you should have a value of 0 through 18. If your value is 5, 4, 3, or 2, then add your opponent’s color value. Now, your number should be 0, or a number 3 through 18. If your number is 0, than it is now 14. If your number is 18, 17, 16, or 15, then subtract the opponent's color value. You should have a number 3 through 17. Your number after all of these steps is the amount of damage that you will do with Hidden Power. The randomly generated number is the type of the attack. The knockback is a function of the power. If it says that a certain move kills at 100%, then the kill% is found out by inverting the percentage of full damage that hidden power is, moving the decimal place over 2 spots to the left, and multiplying that by the kill%, and add that # to the kill %. If it does full damage, then keep the kill % as is. Time for a demonstration! Let’s use the 100% value as our base kill%, and 12 as our power. 12/18 = ~71/100, 71%, inverted is 29%, move decimal to get the value of .29, 100 x .29 = 29, 29 + 100 = 129%. Done.
Bug: Espeon summons 5 Combees, which swarm around him. Starts with some lag, but has almost no lag at the end. Each bee stuns briefly. The last one knocks them at a 50 degree angle. Kills at 144%.

Dark: Espeon dims the screen a lot, and totally blacks out a small circle around him. Anyone in the circle is hit, and takes 70 degree knockback backwards. Starts with some lag, none while finishing. Screen goes back to normal. Kills at 164%

Dragon: Espeon roars, causing a shockwave to travel upwards. Shockwave has 60 degree knockback. Kills at 93%. Has some lag while starting and ending.

Electric: Espeon launches a lightning bolt upward, looking like thunder in reverse. Has 85 degree knockback backward. Has no lag while starting, but a little lag while finishing. Kills at 115%.

Fighting: Espeon attacks the closest person. He charges at them, punches them twice, kicks them once, and slams them upward with his tail. Has very little lag starting, and little while finishing. Each hit does very slight set knockback. The final hit knocks them upward at a 80 degree angle. Kills at 120%.

Fire: Espeon fires a blast of fire up, which slowly expands and eventually vanishes. Close up, it does full damage and knockback, but near the end, it only does half damage and knockback. It has some lag at the beginning, but little at the end. Has 75 degree knockback backwards. Kills at 88%.

Flying: A whirlwind appears around Espeon, about the same size and appearance as Clefairy’s whirlwind in melee. Has little lag at the beginning, and very little at the end. Multihit. Has 70 degree knockback. Kills at 125%.

Ghost: Espeon dims the screen, like Dark, and laughs evilly, while a Gastly appears and chases the closest opponent, doing damage and knockback when it connects. Comes out instantaneously, and ends with some lag. Has 50 degree knockback, and kills at 155%. Espeon is vulnerable while Gastly is out.

Grass: Several thorny vines come out of the ground, and wave around above Espeon. They hit 4 times total. Has little lag starting and ending. Has 60 degree knockback backwards, and kills at 133%.

Ground: The ground around Espeon shakes, looking exactly like Charizard’s down smash. It is even the same size. Has very little lag starting, but some while ending. Has 65 degree knockback, and kills at 149%.

Ice: Espeon fires a blizzard above him. It is the same as the Ice Climber’s blizzard, but it is aimed upward. Multihit. Has 75 degree knockback. Kills at 141%. Has very little lag starting, and none while finishing.

Normal: Espeon jumps a short distance into the air. Starts quickly, has some lag as Espeon falls back down. 90 degree knockback. Kills at 165%.

Poison: Espeon jumps up, avoiding the toxic water that just appeared on the ground underneath him. The water is a cloudy purple color and hurts. Has very little lag while starting, and very little while Espeon teleports back down. Has 55 degree knockback backwards, and kills at 149%.

Psychic: Espeon teleports a short distance into the air, with small purple orbs orbiting him, like Tabuu’s attack on a smaller scale. It can hit up to 6 times, with each orb stunning briefly. The last one does 55 degree knockback, and kills at 171%. It starts up instantaneously, and has no lag when you teleport back down.

Rock: Espeon has a large rock appear in front of him(where did he get it?), and launches it up into the air. The rock falls back down. If an opponent has the rock land on them, they will take 1.5 times the damage and knockback. The rock shatters, and 5 pieces fly away, each doing .2 times the damage and knockback. The attack has a little lag at the beginning, and some at the end. It does 65 degree knockback backwards. It kills at 123%.

Steel: Espeon takes an old, abandoned, rusty bicycle(Wha?), and tosses it in the air. It is the same as Rock, even down to the parts flying everywhere, and the damage multipliers. However, it has little lag while starting, and none while finishing. It kills at 127%, and has 85 degree knockback backwards. Also, this looks a little like Misty’s bike after it got fried. I wonder....

Water: Espeon fires a powerful stream of water into the air, knocking opponents upward, with 80 degree knockback backwards. It starts instantaneously, and has very little lag at the end. It kills at 117%.

Uses: Due to the complexity of this move, just try using it as the first attack against the foe to see what it is. All attacks can be used differently, but as a rule of thumb, low damage ones can be used as damage rackers, hitting the opponent multiple times before they can get out of range, or not used at all. Medium power ones can be used for following up with combos afterward. Finally, high power ones can be used for racking up damage just by connecting, and certain ones can be used for killing.(Dragon and Fire mostly) Overall, this is an unpredictable move, and can be either perfect for the situation or a waste of a move. Good luck with this!

Smashes

Down Smash. Confusion. 14% to 20%. 35 degree knockback. Kills from 112% to 84%.

Appearance: Espeon spins around, gem glowing, and then, a bluish psychic aura envelops Espeon, which is about 1.3 times wider than Reflect, meaning, after some math, that it is about 1/2 an Espeon wide on either side. It is still a sphere though. This move hits 8 times, doing damage with each hit, and lasting for 1 second. It has some lag at the beginning, but not that much, and larger than usual lag at the end. The duration of the attack increases to 1.5 seconds when you hit a foe with it, like Pikachu’s down smash.

Uses: This move can either be used for punishing, killing, playing keep away, and intercepting assaults. All in all, quite versatile. You can use this to kill at medium percentages, or you can throw this out to create a pseudo-wall to protect you for a second, or you can use this to create an unpleasant landing for anyone using stall-then-fall moves above you, trying to hit you. Only high priority moves can hit through this, making it a much less annoying version of mach tornado. An indispensable weapon in Espeon’s arsenal.

Forward Smash. Last Resort. 1% to 56%. 45 degree knockback. Kills from 999% to 15%.

Appearance: The same as Take Down, but it goes 1.25 times as far, and has starting lag as long as the amount of time for Dedede's Fsmash(Total, not startup). Otherwise, it is the same as Take Down. The equations for the damage and knockback are as follows.(Oh great, more math)
The damage uncharged is equal to your damage divided by 3. This is capped at 40% uncharged. Fully charged, it does 1.4 times the damage. The knockback is equal to 999 - your damage x 9.5. Fully charged, it does 1.5 times the knockback. An easier way of finding out the fully charged kill% is to multiply the kill% by 3/4. The knockback is capped at 20% kill uncharged. So, the more damage that you have, the more lethal this move is. Time for some equations!
20% = 7%, kills at 809%
40% = 13%, kills at 619%
60% = 20%, kills at 429%
80% = 27%, kills at 239%
100% = 33%, kills at 49%

Uses: Use this move sparingly. Only try to land it if you are good at predicting which way the opponent will go. If you can land Dedede’s forward smash consistently, you are good to go. It can be used for damage above about 60%, and can be used for killing when you are above 95%. You should never use this below 50%. Exceedingly deadly when you are above 90%, but be careful. If you miss at those percentages, the opponent WILL kill you. A high risk, high reward move.

Up Smash. Secret Power. Varies. 90 degrees. Varies.

Appearance: This move turns into a different attack depending on which stage you are on. On with the list!

75m, Mario Bros. 12% to 17%. Kills from 148% to 111%.
A fog of pixels appears around Espeon, being the same size as Psychic. This hits 9 times, and has little lag at the beginning and end.

Battlefield, Bridge of Eldin, Castle Siege, some forms of Delfino Plaza, Luigi’s Mansion, Mushroomy Kingdom I and II, New Pork City, Pokemon Stadium 2 Ground Form, Spear Pillar, WarioWare, Yoshi’s Island Brawl, the Fire, Ground, and Water forms of Pokemon Stadium, Hyrule Temple, and Custom stages. 18% to 24%. Kills from 88% to 66%.
Espeon quivers for just a moment, and shifts to the side as he makes a giant spire of rock crash up from the ground. It is as wide as Espeon, and as tall as Squirtle’s up smash. Be careful not to sidestep into the enemy’s attack! It comes out in a slightly larger than normal amount of time, but has a lot of lag as the spire slides back into the ground.

Some forms of Delfino Plaza, Hanenbow, Pirate Ship, the sea form of The Summit, and Jungle Japes. From 16% to 22%. Kills from 124% to 93%.
Espeon looks upward, and a geyser of water with infinite downward range, about as wide as Espeon, shoots upward from off the bottom of the stage, going up until it reaches Espeon. Can only hit foes either overlapping you, or below you. Little lag starting, but a decent amount while finishing.

Distant Planet, Green Hill Zone, Mario Circuit, Green Greens, Pokemon Stadium Grass Form, and Yoshi’s Island Melee. 12% to 17%. Kills from 136% to 102%.
Looks the same as Hidden Power Grass. It even hits 4 times and is as tall. The same amount of lag, too. The only differences are that it does different knockback and has a different trajectory.

Noirfair, Brinstar. 16% to 22%. Kills from 100% to 75%.
The exact same as the water one, but it does more knockback. It also uses lava/acid instead of water.

The Summit Normal and Sliding forms, and Pokemon Stadium 2 Ice Form. 18% to 24%. Kills from 76% to 57%.
Instead of a spire of rock, Espeon summons several tall icicles, which stick out of the stage and impale the foe. It is like the ground attack in lag and height, but it is 1.5 times as wide. Very deadly.

Final Destination, Flat Zone 2, Frigate Orpheon, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Pictochat, Pokemon Stadium 2 Normal, Electric, and Flying forms, Port Town Aero Drive, Rumble Falls, Shadow Moses Island, Skyworld, Smashville, Big Blue, Corneria, Onett, Pokemon Stadium Normal Form, and Rainbow Cruise. 0%. Can’t kill.
Espeon looks down very fast, like Squirtle’s up smash, and a large gust of wind shoots upward, with infinite vertical range. Charging increases the horizontal range, from only above Espeon to 3 Bowsers wide. The whole gust acts as powerful wind, like that found at close range to most windy attacks. It has some lag for the beginning and cooldown. It can be used to kill opponents off the top of the screen above you, and it is especially deadly on the Pokemon Stadium 2 Flying Form stage.

Uses: This move is mostly used for kills. This is a good move to hyphen smash, or DACUS. Mostly you will be using the Ground Form, but when you are using other forms, surprise opponents with their unique ranges. This should be kept fresh as a KO move, and used as your main killing smash. The Air Form is unique, and can and should be used whenever the opponent is off the screen above you to get a kill at any %. This is a very good move, and is a great KO move despite its many variations.

||||Aerials||||

Nair. Iron Tail. 7% normal, 12% sweetspotted. Varies. Kills at 197% upwards, and 126% upwards sweetspotted. The other kill%s I can’t give you, because of the varying trajectories, but the speed of the opponent after the hit is the same, regardless of direction. So, it is the same attack, but in different directions.

Appearance: Espeon does a frontflip/backflip/twist and slams the opponent with its glowing tail in a direction which is determined by the position of the opponent relative to Espeon. It can be in 8 directions, which are above(90 degrees), below(90 degrees downward), in front of(0 degrees), behind(0 degrees backward), above and in front of(45 degrees), above and behind(45 degrees backward), below and in front of(45 degrees downward), and below and behind(45 degrees downward and backward). It has a sweetspot at the tip of the tail, and it has some lag starting, and little finishing. During the starting lag, Espeon stalls in midair for a moment, and you can press a direction to shift Espeon in that direction slightly. You should use this trick to hit an opponent with the sweetspot. The attack has length a little longer than Mario’s bair. Although Espeon brings his tail around, the hitbox is only out for a brief time while swinging. This doesn’t hinder hitting with the attack, but it does keep you from, say, hitting an opponent above you with the downward version.

Uses: This move has several uses, and the most notable ones are: using the upwards ones for killing, using the sideways versions to get an opponent off the edge, and using the downward ones as a ferocious edgeguarding tool. They are very good spikes, and the downagonal(new word!) ones can’t be meteor canceled. Their above average range helps them to cut through up-b’s, but there are 2 big problems with using this to spike. First, it has a decent amount of startup as far as aerials go, and second, you can’t go out too far. You have to do this within a certain distance of the edge to get back with double jump, or else you will have to use your recovery, which should NEVER be used. Despite these limitations, this move is quite good, and gives opponents another move to be careful of, especially off the edge.

Dair. Rain Dance. 12%. 90 degrees downward. Kills at 153%

Appearance:. Espeon spins around, with a ring of water around him. The ring is 2 Espeons wide, and ½ an Espeon tall, and has little starting and ending lag. Also, the screen dims slightly.
Uses: You can use this move as a spike to edgeguard. Due to the horizontal range, you can short-hop this near the edge to kill opponents who don’t try to grab the edge from below. A typically typical spike.

Uair. Sunny Day. 12%. 90 degrees. Kills at 153%.

Appearance: Espeon does a flip, with a column of fire around him. It is as wide as ½ an Espeon, and is 1 Espeon tall, both above and below him. It has the same lag as Rain Dance. After that, the screen brightens up.

Uses: Use this as your aerial attack when high up. It has all of the uses of a normal up air. It is a typically typical move.

Bair. Facade. 8%. 45 degrees. Kills at 141%.

Appearance: Espeon shifts back into the foe, looking very similar to Lucario’s Bair. It has slightly less range than that move. It has about the same lag as Toon Link’s Bair.

Uses: Due to the knockback, and the angle, you can chain this like Toon Link’s Bair. You can also do a(rather low priority and range) Wall of Pain. Also, this is your bread and butter attack for combos. This is a very useful aerial, and is probably the most used out of all of them.

Fair. Zen Headbutt. 6% normally, 16% when sweetspotted. 60 degrees normally, 20 degrees sweetspotted. Kills at 545% normally, 88% sweetspotted.

Appearance: Espeon leans backward, and then rams its head forward. This move is quite laggy, as laggy as Mario’s Fair for starting, but finishes rather quickly. Espeon moves forward a little bit during the attack. It has range roughly equal to Zelda’s lightning kick. For most of the attack, it is weak, but at the end, at the gem, it is very powerful. This is a difficult move to hit with, but there is massive payoff when it connects. For some reason, this move reminds me of the Knee of Justice.

Uses: This move is a KO move, pure and simple. A unsweetspotted one can be followed up by Iron Tail or Facade, but is pretty much worthless. A sweetspotted one can deal good damage, and kill. This is(yet another) great killing move. However, it is somewhat tricky to land. It is similar to hitting with Zelda’s lightning kick in melee. Never forget that you have this!

||||Grabs ||||

Grab. Attract.

Appearance: Espeon does an adorable look, and the opponent stays where they are, with a “that kitty cat is so cuuute!” look on their face. It has about the same size and lag as Dedede’s grab. If you grab another Espeon, then there will be hearts floating up from the other Espeon.

Uses: (Facepalm) If you looked at this hoping to find the use for a grab, then you are pathetic. Shouldn’t you know what you can use a grab for!

Grab A. Mud Slap. 4%.

Appearance: Espeon kicks mud into the opponent’s face. This takes as long as ROB’s grab attack. This attack significantly reduces the opponent’s grab time, which is why it does that much damage. After all, would you adore a kitty that just kicked mud into your face?

Uses: Only use once, and only if the foe is above 50%. Not recommended.

Down Throw. Dig. 8%. 75 degrees. Kills at 360%.

Appearance: Espeon burrows underground at a rapid speed, staying under for a moment. Right as the enemy snaps out of the effects of Attract, Espeon erupts out of the ground underneath them, doing damage and sending them upwards. When he does this, there is a cloud of dust that hangs around the spot where he came out for about 1 second. Espeon launches a little bit into the air, coming down quickly. This attack has a large amount of lag as Espeon digs and stays under, but there is little ending lag.

Uses: This move sends the opponent into the air, which can be used for comboing. Also, you can chain-grab fast falling characters with this, but not very long. It usually ends at 20%. A useful grab.

Up Throw. Swift. 3% for throw, 5% for stars, 8% total. 90 degrees for throw, stun for stars. Throw kills at 730%. Stars can’t kill.

Appearance: Espeon flings the opponent into the air with psychic power, and shoots them with 6 stars, with the same size, speed, and lag as Staryu’s swift attack. This tosses the opponent high into the air, like Fox’s up throw. At higher percentages, the opponent can DI out of the way of the stars. There is some lag starting, but very little finishing.

Uses: There are some uses, like attacking the opponent in the air, but otherwise, this is an inferior throw. Dig is better.

Back Throw. Future Sight. 10%. 35 degrees backward for throw, 70 degrees for attack. Throw can’t kill, but the attack kills at 255%.

Appearance: Espeon’s gem glows for a split second, and then he flings the opponent backward(psychic power) with set knockback the distance of ½ of Ness’s forward throw. Wait! That did no damage! But never fear, 15 seconds later, the opponent is hit by a psychic blast, seemingly out of nowhere. The attack isn’t stackable, so you have to wait for them to get hit until you can put another attack onto them. It has the same lag as Swift.

Uses: This is a throw that is either excellent or horrible depending on who you ask. The opponent doesn’t take any damage, and they are out of your grab, so some might choose to eschew this in favor of something like Dig or Toxic. However, if you use this, it can strike at a convenient time. It is always great when this hits right before they try to kill you, or in the middle of being comboed, and puts fear into the heart of the opponent. Overall, this is a good throw, but it is up to you whether to use it or not.

Forward Throw. Toxic. 10% total. 45 degrees. Can’t kill.

Appearance Espeon sprays the opponent with purple sludge at the same time that he uses psychic power to toss the opponent forward with set knockback equal to Ness’s forward throw. It does 1% per second, for 12 seconds. It has lag equal to Swift.

Uses: This move is used for damage, pure and simple. You can also use it to get the opponent off the edge. Overall, Dig is better, because at least you can follow that up with another move. However, it is far from worthless.

||||Specials||||

B. Psybeam. 4%. Varies. Upward form kills at 750%.

Appearance: Espeon shoots a beam of psychic energy forward. It looks the same as Gamyga’s blast, but smaller. It has the same lag and interval between shooting times as Pit’s arrows. It travels slightly slower than them though. What makes this move unique is being able to aim it. You can aim it up, down, sideways, or diagonally. When it hits an opponent, they go flying in the direction that you were aiming. So, if you were aiming sideways, then they would have 0 degree knockback.

Uses: This is one of Espeon’s best moves. Whenever you are at a distance, use and abuse this. It is your main projectile. It is quite good when they are at a distance, as it knocks them backwards, and you can also hit aerial enemies with ease. You can also fire this over the edge to gimp foes easily. USE THIS.

B Down. Psychic. Varies. Varies. Varies.

Appearance: Espeon has pretty colors appear around him for a short while, looking like he got a smash ball, doing nothing. But, when a projectile hits him,(counts as any hitbox that is completely separated from the character that is using it) then he will do some neat stuff. All attacks go very fast, except for the water one.

Fire: Espeon spins the fire around him, making a fire tornado. Is 2 Espeons wides and 4 tall. Multihit.

Item: (Anything that is solid) Espeon tosses it back at the foe, 1.5 times as fast.

Explosion: Espeon puts a sort of a psychic cage around it, open at one end, so when it explodes, it acts more like a rocket with the engine pointed at the opponent.

Energy: Espeon fires a beam of white light at the opponent about as wide as a Ray Gun shot. You can aim it up, down, sideways, or diagonal.

Ice: Creates a blizzard in front of him. Same dimensions as the Ice Climber’s blizzard. Multihit.

Aura: Fires a shockwave of blue energy at the opponent. Aimable. 1 Bowser tall.

Electricity: Espeon absorbs the shock, and is able to walk around afterward. If you pause and zoom in, you can see that his hair is sticking up, and little bolts of lightning are crackling around in his fur. When you get within about the radius of one Battlefield platform, Espeon will automatically discharge all that static on the opponent in the form of a lightning bolt that never misses.

Gas: Espeon enshrouds himself in it, forming a circular cloud around him about 4 Espeons wide. Any opponent that enters this cloud will be taking 3% per second. It goes away after the opponents have taken the full quota of damage or Espeon is K.O.d. No knockback.

Water/Oil: Espeon unleashes a wave as tall as Bowser, and traveling 1.5 times as fast as Piplup in the direction that he is facing. When it hits an opponent, it falls down on them, doing damage. It ends at the end of the platform.

The window for these are very small, you only having about half the time of Lucario’s double team to pull this off. When one is absorbed, you wait for 1/4 of a second to absorb another one, allowing you to absorb rapid-fire projectiles. The attacks discharge automatically. You can absorb stuff in the air as well. The damage done is 1.25 times the amount of damage absorbed. The knockback is 1.25 times the knockback of the projectile, and the trajectory is the same as the attack absorbed. You can also absorb certain stage hazards as well, but I am to lazy to include that list. This is long enough already.

Uses: If you can master the timing of this, use this any time a projectile comes your way. Eventually, your opponent will be too scared to use any projectile at long range, and you can Psybeam the heck out of them without fear of retaliation whenever they are at long range. It is also very flashy as well. Great for combo videos! USE THIS.

B Up. Hyper Beam. 24%. Varies. The upward one can kill at 66%.

Appearance: Espeon leans back a little, and after a pause of about the lag of Dedede’s forward smash, Espeon fires an enormous multicolored energy blast with infinite length, and about as tall as Bowser. It lasts half as long as the laser on Spear Pillar. It stops when it hits a wall. It can also be aimed, just like Psybeam, but in any direction and the knockback is dependent on the direction as well. There is also the Spear Pillar static where you will fire as well. It sounds like the most broken move in the game, right? WRONG! With good timing, it can be shielded, and it has enormous lag/recharge time afterward. 1.5 times as long as Jigglypuff’s rest, to be exact. If they shield, or if it misses, or even if it kills, you will be hit with a fully charged(fill in name of powerful attack here), which is bad, and renders it virtually useless. For recovery, it launches you in the opposite direction that you are aiming, as far as a mostly charged Diddy Kong rocketbarrel blast. This would be a great recovery, if not for the horrible lag afterward.

Uses: There is only 1 practical use for this. Use it when recovering. Not to recover, no no. Use this to kill the edgeguarder. You will die afterward, guaranteed, but you were going to die anyways. Make it count. First, if they are hanging on the edge, toss a Psybeam or Shadow Ball over there to get them off. If they are on the stage, then use Signal Beam. Now, blast them. Some good places to aim for are above them, and at the edge. If you get good enough with this, then they will be very afraid to try to edgeguard you.

B Side. Shadow Ball. 3% uncharged, 13% fully charged, 16% explosion. 55 degrees. Kills from 885% to 114%. 101% for explosion.

Appearance: It is the exact same as Lucario’s aura sphere as far as lag and size and charging time and speed. The only difference is that you don’t see the Shadow Ball when charging, and that it sends you farther backwards when used in midair. It also always flies straight and is dark purple instead of blue. Also, if you shoot a Shadow Ball with Psybeam, it explodes, with range about half as big as a Blast Box explosion .

Uses: It has the same uses as aura sphere, but is outclassed at long range by Psybeam. It is hard to hit a foe with the explosion, but has great payoff if you can have it connect. Also, you can use the recoil from an aerial Shadow Ball as a recovery when you are high up.

Final Smash. Giga Impact. 42%. 45 degree knockback. Kills at 31%.

Appearance: Once you press B, Espeon is still, and you control a little targeting crosshair. You can move it around at about the speed of the Dragoon crosshair, and press A to have Espeon charge toward that spot. Espeon has super armor while you are aiming, and if you haven’t pressed A after 7 seconds, then it automatically fires straight up. Once you press A, Espeon charges toward the target with a whitish-blue aura around him, like the falling stars in the PK Starstorm, at the speed of bunny hood sonic’s run. If an item, the stage, or another player gets in the way, then they will be hit instead. It is slightly homing. Once Espeon hits the target, there is a very big explosion, they go flying, and Espeon bounces backwards. Then Espeon uses Protect for the 2 seconds that it takes to charge back up. The only problem with this Final smash is that it can only hit one player. So, it acts like a cross between Dragoon, Quick Attack, and PK Thunder Missile.

Uses: Kill whoever you want to.

Up taunt. Morning Sun.
Espeon becomes very still and peaceful looking, and a beam of sunlight lands on it.

Side taunt. Flash.
Espeon makes a flashy light show of pretty colors appear around him.

Down taunt. Growl.
Espeon lets out a large roar.

Victory 1.
Espeon curls up and falls asleep.

Victory 2.
Espeon is levitating rocks above his head, spinning them around. He is apparently enthralled.

Victory 3.
Espeon fires Hyper Beam at the camera, turning the screen to static. You can still see the results and stats. You can also go back to the character select screen.

Loss.
Espeon claps, with 2 large hands made out of psychic energy.

Colors.
Normal
Shiny Espeon. ITZ GREEN!
Espeon in an Umbreon suit.
Espeon with a wizard hat.
Espeon with sunglasses where the lenses are little suns. Depending on your opinion, this is either the best one, or it makes Espeon look like a mentally handicapped beachgoer. Your choice.
Espeon with Jigglypuff's crown. Did Espeon use Covet to get it?

Kirby hat. Kirby copies Espeon’s ears and tail. Kirby copies Psybeam too.

Playstyle. Furious Feline.
Espeon is deadly in any hands, and you should abuse that fact. You can rack up damage and kill in record time, but you can also be killed easily. There are a few tricks to survive, like DI’ing upward to recover with Shadow Ball, but one of the most important parts is taking Azen’s words deeply to heart, and DON’T GET HIT! With that abysmal recovery and weight, you can't afford to. You need to learn defense to be a good Espeon player. The ease with which you can be KO’d is not pretty, so you need to learn to dodge, and shield a lot. One of the most important parts of Espeon's game is its projectiles, and knowing when to use each one. The foe will be forced to do something about the barrage, and they have 2 options. Spam back(Use Psychic) or attack at close range, which Espeon likes. Should they attack at close range, use one of your fast moves to interrupt them, and start a vicious chain of attacks. Once they are at high damage, use one of your plethora of finishing moves to kill them. The gimping game should not be overlooked for killing either. Between Iron Tail, Rain Dance, Psybeam and Signal Beam, foes should be very afraid offstage. The playstyle of Espeon is quite similar to Fox in Melee, as far as attacking intelligently goes. Espeon is lethal in the right hands, but excersise caution, as the next player who is good at defending can destroy most inexperienced Espeons. Oddly enough, defense more than offense seperates the mice from the men. Now get out there and slaughter the competition, but do it with caution.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
That's why I prefer the Japanese names over the American ones. Bass. ELL OH ELL. Forte > Bass anyday.

@Chris:
So I'm a soulless ***hole because I don't like the Zero games? Woo. Great. You have no soul for not knowing the Power Instinct series.
You realize I was joking, right?

What is Power Instinct? *wiki's*

Sounds kind of like Guilty Gear.

How did you know that I didn't know about the Power Instinct series. Could use more efficient coloring though. Way to many walls of text.

Edit:
Espeon is a pretty good moveset. Not bad at all.

Agi

Smash Lord
Espeon​

...wow. This is the most detailed set I have ever seen from a newcomer. Slap some organization on that (it helps far more than it is given credit for) and we could have a major contender on our hands. *waits for Sandbag's comments*

It seems you have a bit of GWS, though...

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
Neutrality of Switzerlandic Proportions

Any input on Black Mage's Final Smash? Hadoken or something else? Is there anyone else in this thread that reads 8-bit Theater besides me? All these questions and more will (Hopefully) be answered next episode!

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Espeon​
I glaced over it. There is some interesting/cool stuff in there and its obvious you put alot of work into this, but I sense alot of balancing issues.

Not to mention organization need alot of work... my eyes hurt... alot! Ill read more when its more readable...

Smady

Smash Master
OMG @ Espeon... that's one huge *****. Well done on your first moveset.

I'll wait at least a couple of pages before posting mine, which I'm onto the Extras of.

@ Black Mage Final Smash: I made a Vivi moveset where I used Doomsday as the final smash, if that helps. Link to it here.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Not bad at all for a newcomer, Sparkz. It could use a little more spacing and such for organization. I'm having a hard time trudging through some of those walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom