• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeolous

Smash Apprentice

The shinigami Kuchiki Rukia has joined the Brawl!

Kuchiki Rukia

Overview
Kuchiki Rukia is a shinigami of the 13 Protection Squads, and has had extensive training in both sword technique and kido magic (which tends to be more powerful than her physical attacks, by her own admission.) What she lacks in power and endurance she makes up for with good speed, versatility, and useful specials. She cannot simply rush into a fight without planning, but can use various aspects of her abilities to counter the opponent’s style. This generally involves spacing, projectile use and clever applications of her other special moves such as her up-B and down-B.

Stats
Walk speed: 5- average, nothing remarkable in either direction
Run speed: 6- slightly above average, but not much
Traction: 8- doesn't really slide much, and is not affected by icy ground (similar to Ice Climbers)
Aerial speed: 6- just above average
Fall speed: 5- again, pretty average
Height: 4- just a little on the short side, between Luigi and Marth
Weight: 3.5- fairly light
KO power: 3- has some trouble getting a kill
Jump height: 6- a bit higher than average
Recovery: 8- good distance, fast, and uses onstage as well
Overall attack speed: 7- pretty good, but still outclassed by some other speed characters
Overall attack range: 7- almost all attacks have good range because of the sword
Wall jump, wall cling, crawl, glide- all no

Miscellaneous

Entrance- steps out of a senkai gate

Stand- stands with right foot forward and sword up in ready position

Walk- moves forward with upper body in about same position, sword still at the ready.

Run- runs forward with sword in right hand to her side.

Crouch- crouches with left hand on ground in front of her, sword hand to her side.

Roll- standard combat-roll-type movement, average length, but pretty quick.

Sidestep- …sidesteps… into background, also fairly quick.

Up taunt- turns toward the camera, smiles and holds up the “bunny ears” next to her face (if you’ve ever watched an anime, you know what I’m talking about.)

Side taunt- holds her left hand in front of her, palm up, and an orb of spirit energy appears hovering just above her fingers. She looks at it for a second before it dissipates.

Down taunt- swings her sword in one hand, pointing it forward, trailing ice crystals behind it.

Victory pose- Rukia flourishes, then sheathes her sword. As it is being sheathed, the sword loses its white color and the ribbon on the hilt, appearing as a normal katana hilt by the time it is fully in the sheath.

Defeat pose- hangs head, kneels on one knee, sword in sheath on the ground beside her. One fist on the ground, the other arm rests on her knee that is not on the ground.

Symbol-

Kirby transformation- gets the haircut, and the shakkaho ability (though the fireball itself is a little smaller.)

Alt. costumes- the kimono just turns red, bue, green (fairly dark shades of each,) or white with black trim/insides.

Codec conversation-
Otacon- You might want your winter coat for this one, Snake.
Snake- What do you mean?
Otacon- Kuchiki Rukia is a shinigami, or "Death God." Their swords often have special abilities that make them much more dangerous than they appear.
Snake- So I guess hers has something to do with ice, huh?
Otacon- That's right. If you're not careful, you'll get frozen solid. And that'll be just the start of your problems.
Snake- I'll be sure to watch out for that, then.

(note: move descriptions do not account for diminishing returns)

A moves

AA combo- Rukia swipes downwards and follows with a thrust forward, for a two hit combo. First hit does 3% with stun (no knockback), and second hit does 5% and a small amount of horizontal knockback. Comes out quick, best used for interrupting enemy attacks. (8% for both hits)

Ftilt- Rukia steps forward with her left foot and delivers a diagonal sword strike from her left shoulder to her right hip. Just a few frames of start-up lag, but a little more ending. This has good range (more than most of her attacks), and knockback is decent. This can kill at very high percents (like 180-200%.) 8% damage.

Dtilt- sweeps her sword in front of her (think Ike's dtilt, but way faster.) Very quick, practically no lag on either end. Range is a bit low compared to her other attacks, very slight horizontal knockback, but good chance to trip. Not her best tilt, best used to tack on some damage before following up with something else. 6%

Utilt- swings sword one-handed above her head, hits above and a short distance in front of her. A bit slower start-up than her other tilts (about a quarter-second), but also hits a bit harder. 10% with good vertical knockback, but you probably won't kill with it except rarely.

Dash attack- lunges sword straight forward, good horizontal range (~Marth dash attack), but a bit weak. Comes out fast, but a little bit of ending lag. Small knockback, enemy usually just kind of slides backwards about one Bowser. 5%

Rising attack- quickly spins while rising with sword out, striking on both sides. Not much to say here, pretty standard get-up attack. 5%

Ledge attack (<100%)- swings herself back onto the stage with a low sword sweep. 4%, little knockback.

Ledge attack (>100%)- swings once to gain momentum, then rolls up onto the stage, with a slower more vertical strike. 5%, knockback about the same as above.

Smash attacks
(Range of damage is based off of how long the attack is charged.)

Fsmash- turns slightly more sideways, holding sword on opposite side of her body, then swings horizontally one-handed with a step forward. Fairly fast, with a little ending lag as she steps back into her stance, and long rang due to the full extension of the sword arm and the step. 15-22%, good knockback, one of her better kill moves. Kills around 130% (give or take)

Dsmash- Rukia stabs her sword into the ground, and shards of ice shoot out of the ground at an angle away from her. These come out in three concentric rings centered around Rukia, with the innermost appearing first and the next two following in rapid succession. About a half second startup lag, and a little ending. The rings increase in height and damage: the first deals 2-4%, middle 4-6%, and the third 6-9%. First two rings have minimal knockback aimed horizontally, so as to knock the enemy into the next ring (so if this move is used when the enemy is right next to Rukia, all three rings will hit for maximum damage.) Maximum range is about her height on either side of her. Third ring has good knockback at a 45 degree angle. Kills around 145%, and has a low chance of causing freezing.

Usmash- swings sword above head with both hands. A small amount of lag, about equal before and after. Hits a good range in front, and a little less behind, but might miss short characters crouching, as it doesn’t reach all the way to the ground. Mediocre knockback upwards, 12-18%

Aerials

Nair- single quick swipe that strikes on both sides of her body (think the second half of Marth’s nair animation, and about that fast.) Very little landing lag. 8%, decent knockback.

Fair- swings sword downwards in front of her. Just a touch of lag before the swing, and a little after, knockback is almost completely horizontal and pretty good distance. Very little landing lag. 9%. A very good aerial, especially for edgeguardig.

Bair- kicks backwards with her right foot, then turns and follows through with her sword. Kick has a very little knockback, but should still allow the sword to hit with a bit longer range and better knockback. Comes out pretty fast, with a bit longer duration than most of her other aerials because of the two distinct hits (space between hits is about the same as between the hits of marth's nair)A bit of landing lag. 4% first hit, 7% second hit.

Dair- Byakurai- Rukia points straight downward and releases a bolt of white lightning from her fingertip. This has roughly a half second of startup lag, and about the same ending. Has very good vertical range (a little over her standing height directly beneath her), but hitbox is very narrow and has a very short duration, so horizontal accuracy is important. There is noticable landing lag after the actual attack comes out (very little if you land before the lightning bolt fires.) 15% electric damage, with very good downwards knockback (spike.)

Uair- does a sort of corkscrew maneuver, turning so that she is on her back facing up. Her arm follows and swipes with the sword before continuing the roll to end up in her starting position. Very slight startup lag, pretty much no ending, but a fair amount upon landing. Decent knockback upwards, 8%

Specials

B- Shakkaho: Rukia lowers her sword, holds her left hand forward with the palm vertical, and releases a fireball. This is a chargeable projectile, with a range of about 3/4 FD, moves a little slower than Pit's arrows, and angles downward to about 30 degrees below horizontal when it is used in the air. It explodes on impact for 10-16% fire damage depending on charge. Roughly ½ second start up, a little less ending. Decent knockback (~Din's fire). Does not cancel momentum in air except while charging.

Side B- Sokatsui: Rukia takes a similar pose as above, and fires an expanding burst of blue flame. This hits directly in front of her with middling range (about same as Ike fsmash), a little under a second start-up lag, about half that ending. Cancels Rukia’s horizontal momentum in the air. 20% fire damage, with pretty high knockback at a low trajectory. Best kill move, but also hardest to land.

Down B- Tsukishiro: Rukia holds her sword in front of her, then swings it out to her side. During the swing and the beginning of the actual attack, Rukia has super armor. A pillar of blue light appears around her, freezing anything it touches. About ½ second startup lag and similar ending, hitbox extends a sword length on either side of Rukia and upwards for just over twice her height and lasts a little under ½ second. Causes freezing for several seconds (reduced by mashing control stick, shortest time possible is 2 seconds at 0%.) 6% damage and no knockback, great for starting combos or setting up for a kill.

Up B- Shunpo: after a brief time at the beginning similar to Pika’s Quick Attack in which to input direction, Rukia disappears and very quickly reappears in that direction with a range of about the same as Lucario’s recovery. Can press A for a quick, short range attack upon reappearing. This hits for 5% behind Rukia and 8% in front, with okay knockback. Basically this is just to protect her reentrance when necessary. If this is angled so that Rukia lands on the ground instead of above it, there is practically no lag, unless she uses the attack which has a bit of ending lag.

Final Smash- Hakuren: Rukia levels her sword above her head, and tiny crystals of ice raise from the ground and float up to gather along the blade. A wave of ice then fires from it, freezing anything in its path. This wave is a bit taller than she is, and moves very fast straight forward, stopping only when it hits a solid wall that blocks over half of its height, and dissipates quickly after the initial burst. Any enemies caught in the wave receive 35% damage, and are frozen for a considerable period of time (much longer than her neutral B), leaving Rukia free to dish out some free damage before they thaw. This move has no knockback, and Rukia is invincible while she is performing the move (but not after the wave has dissipated and she can be controlled normally.)

Grab/throws

Grab- Hainawa- yellow rope of energy reaches out and entangles target, then pulls them back in. Ranged grab, a little lag if it misses, but nothing ridiculous. This cannot be used in the air, and so cannot grab the edge or be used as an attack (no zair or tether.)

Pummel- bashes enemy with sword hilt. Average speed, 2%

Forward throw- Rukia thrusts her hand forward, and enemy is hurled forwards a fair to short distance. 8%

Back throw- swings enemy around behind and releases, distance is a bit more than fthrow. 8%

Up throw- swings enemy once around her body, then upwards. Doesn’t go particularly far, but can set up nicely for utilt/smash/aerials, especially at low percents. 6%

Down throw- enemy is slammed to the ground, and Rukia smashes them with an overhand sword stroke. 11% with low knockback (enemy bounces up and forward), can also be used as a good setup for other attacks.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
If I need feedback on a special mechanic, move or twist, I not only post it into the thread, I speak to certain persons who are familiar with the character(s), or are friends (in my case, the poor victim is Hyper_Ridley in most cases).

I don't see how 100 people have to respond to a moveset or even only the part of it from characters they're not interested in.
Don't be so demanding for responses, especially you, Baloo and goldwyvern.
De Blob has been commented by a couple of people in a matter of minutes. What should I say about Cornell or Oume, who haven't been commented by more than 5 people until NOW?

Reposting movesets is prohibited by the rules of MYM.
I will agree on the one rule, but really people don't truly want only feedback. In fact, sometimes I would want a response from my only moveset so far. Why? Not Enough opinions. People really strive for those if you think about it. We don't aim for 100 responses; we aim for opinions from a respectable amount of people (probably five is the best bet).

Oh new page and person.... Time to read.

Smady

Smash Master
God I can't wait for Christmas break to be over so I don't have to break my back to keep up with this thread. . .

Advertise to me! What should I look at over the last 7 pages/what happened?
The moveset on the 450th page and this one. ;)

Rukia is a little under-detailed, but still decent. In time, I don't doubt your movesets will be a reckless force.

Baloo

Smash Ace
God I can't wait for Christmas break to be over so I don't have to break my back to keep up with this thread. . .

De blob on 455.

Rukia looks cool, but could use a bit more detail.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord

My wicked awesome Guillo moveset on page 454. It is frigging awesome :bee:

@Rukia: Yay for Bleach characters....though i haven't watched the show for a long time now :p.

Anyway, cool moveset, but it could use a bit more detail. Not bad at all for a newcomer.

aeolous

Smash Apprentice
Well, more detail seems to be the general consensus; any aspects in particular that need it? (such as move knockback/lag/animation/etc.?) Or is it just kind of everything?

@Smashdaddy- A force to be reckoned with? I'm not sure reckless is a good thing in creative competitions like this one. :bee:

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
First: Smashes are too strong to be honest; I'd suggest you'd lower it 5% for each.

Second: Some more detail for some moves, probably two sentence of description and two on everything else at best.

Third: Either give some names for the other moves or give only the special's names.

My Three cents so far. (full review in.... one month)

goldwyvern

Smash Ace

i previewed the special mechanic for my overdrive ostrich moveset on the last page. also, what are your thoughts on james? [/partiallytakingadvicebutnot100%]

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Wow! For once there were a lot of move sets posted in a day instead of spam! Great job MYM! Woot!

Did I see Overdrive Ostrich. C'mon guys, between that and the robot master discussion, you're making me want to make a move set for a megaman character. In fact... nah, I'll save it for MYM5.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Wow! For once there were a lot of move sets posted in a day instead of spam! Great job MYM! Woot!

Did I see Overdrive Ostrich. C'mon guys, between that and the robot master discussion, you're making me want to make a move set for a megaman character. In fact... nah, I'll save it for MYM5.
Really. it makes me want to try Axl over again, but I gotta get out of Robot Gunner's block first.

aeolous

Smash Apprentice
First: Smashes are too strong to be honest; I'd suggest you'd lower it 5% for each.

Second: Some more detail for some moves, probably two sentence of description and two on everything else at best.

Third: Either give some names for the other moves or give only the special's names.

My Three cents so far. (full review in.... one month)
1. Yeah, that makes sense.

2. I can certainly work on that.

3. This is probably in reference to the dair. Each move that has a name is an actual technique or spell taken straight from the anime, so her specials, final smash, grab, and dair. Those have names because what they were based off of had names. The rest of the moves don't because they're not based off of something specific, and I know I won't be able to come up with names for all of them that don't suck.

Edit: Sure, NOW I get the first post on a page...

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Someone should totally open up a Graphic shop for MYM. That way it would actually be service rather than leisure. I'd do it, but people have a way of RUSHING ME even when it only takes me 10 minutes to do.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
.....wait.....Guest characters die don't they? Never mind!! I don't want Sagi in XP.
Who started this rumor that guest characters die? I certainly didn't. :ohwell:

Ok I have a vote for you guys. Which vampire hunter would you rather see. Blade or Van Helsing?

Also off-topic.... is the exam to get a driver's permit hard? I have to take it this week. :ohwell:

@TWIL
Guillo was a great moveset. As much as I don't like Guillo as a character, the moveset is just plain awesome. I would say that I would review it, but we'll have to see.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord

DOOOOO IT! ROBOT MASTER TAKEOVER OF MYM!

Actually, someone with more Mega Man experience than I should really make a Doc Wily moveset. That'd be pretty much the best thing ever. *wiggles eyebrows*

Yeah, the same thing happened to my moveset, lol!

IN YO FACE

Maybe it's time to make an entire thread dedicated to just moveset critique, and one for chatting. That way, none of the spam effects people commenting on movesets.
Hehe, we'd end up needing a whole forum if we started breaking it up. But you know, I was looking a bit through MYM 3 again; it was SO much worse back then. Here, not a moveset goes by that doesn't get at least two comments, and everyone can get a massive review quickly and easily. Back in MYM 3, a ton of movesets didn't even get a single comment, let alone constructive criticism, and unless you requested from Warlord, you were unlikely to get an in-depth review (although Mendez's were to the point and very amusing to read).

I guess you know this, though, you were there in the latter fifth or so. So I'm just gonna stop talking now.

Chris Lionheart said:
Who started this rumor that guest characters die? I certainly didn't.

Ok I have a vote for you guys. Which vampire hunter would you rather see. Blade or Van Helsing?
I did! Cuz, y'know, we all know what happens to guest characters. Just ask Batman.

I'd definitely rather see Van Helsing, you've been talking about that for a while now. I'd love the see either one, though.

Agi

Smash Lord
Someone should totally open up a Graphic shop for MYM. That way it would actually be service rather than leisure. I'd do it, but people have a way of RUSHING ME even when it only takes me 10 minutes to do.
I could open up one, if I get at least two co-owners.

That would've been K.Rool, at least partially. He's killing all the guest characters he includes, or so he claims.

Can't help you on the other two questions.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
*glares at KingK.Rool*

Van Helsing. I have no idea who he is, but the name sounds cool :bee:

@TWIL
Guillo was a great moveset. As much as I don't like Guillo as a character, the moveset is just plain awesome. I would say that I would review it, but we'll have to see.
Wah? How can you not like a puppet that ruthlessly destroys everything, and always threatens to eat Milly? :confused: And thanks for the comment.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
DOOOOO IT! ROBOT MASTER TAKEOVER OF MYM!

Actually, someone with more Mega Man experience than I should really make a Doc Wily moveset. That'd be pretty much the best thing ever. *wiggles eyebrows*
Actually, it wouldn't be a robot master. It would probably be this guy:

HR's #1 favorite maverick!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Bah. Wheel Alligates.

Metamor Mothmeanos is > all other X2 Mavericks. He has freaking hanged zombie robots in its stage. And Cristar Myrmine is cooler than Wheel Alligates, too. Hah! Not to mention the Mavericks in the other X-games. XP

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
3. This is probably in reference to the dair. Each move that has a name is an actual technique or spell taken straight from the anime, so her specials, final smash, grab, and dair. Those have names because what they were based off of had names. The rest of the moves don't because they're not based off of something specific, and I know I won't be able to come up with names for all of them that don't suck.
I heard of a phrase called Stylistic Suck, where moves look cool but do nothing. Maybe you should do that for there names like "Slice to the Heavens" or "The Three Killer Rings". Just Saying.

Also, I'm bored, so... can someone comment on the organization on Klavier Gavin here...

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
Actually, it wouldn't be a robot master. It would probably be this guy:

HR's #1 favorite maverick!
I WAS GONNA DO HIM! but i stuck with overdrive ostrich as the background-running was alluring as **** to do a mechanic for. to see it, go a few pages back. X2 FTW! *high fives HR*.

also, expect to get some major representation in my SSE: HR is a villain, wheelie is with the main hero team, and daroach was already a boss so bringing him back as a character would be a good idea!

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
*glares at KingK.Rool*

Van Helsing. I have no idea who he is, but the name sounds cool :bee:

Wah? How can you not like a puppet that ruthlessly destroys everything, and always threatens to eat Milly? :confused: And thanks for the comment.
*Sigh* There are always exceptions.

Well now thanks to K. Rool, if I want guest characters I have to ... borrow them...

You seriously don't know who Van Helsing is?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zTFGCqEP5U

I just find Guillo's design hideously weird. At the beginning of the game, Guillo is awesome becuase its practically invinceable and owns everything.... then it becomes a part of your team and makes the game harder for me. :ohwell:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I WAS GONNA DO HIM! but i stuck with overdrive ostrich as the background-running was alluring as **** to do a mechanic for. to see it, go a few pages back. X2 FTW! *high fives HR*.
Thanks for the support. Though it'll probably be MYM5 when he finally gets posted, as I'm conentrating on my SSE for now.

Smady

Smash Master
It means when you see my face I'll hope it gives you hell, gives you hell.
lol

Nah, didn't you say you were going to make some icons?
Yes. I already made oelog... whatever's, yours will be done tomorrow. Sorry about that, but I feel like I'm going to hurl if I spend much more time on my laptop. :(

To be honest, K. Rool, we just need to monitor this spam more and encourage commenting - on a personal level. A fun and joke is good every now and again, but not when a person has dedicated hours of time to a moveset that well deserves recognition and is dying on the same page. I think we're doing something to that effect this time, but it needs to be harsher; an unspoken rule, if you will.

Social group is where all the spam should go.

D

Deleted member

Why are we taling about MYM5 when there has been no announcement on when MYM4 will end?

Oh, you're talking about Mega Man. <_< >_>

Anyway, depending on when MYM4 ends, I might have to delay Bone Cousins.:ohwell: The Cheat and Toaster & Friends will remain on scedule, though I will have to watch through The Brave Little Toaster for the latter.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
All this talk of Megeman mavericks makes me want to join in!

P.S. New Avi to get away from the generic! Hurray!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
ZOMG you weren't kidding at all. Atleast I am helping out with your legacy... :laugh:
I thought it sounded fun when I saw the idea. :bee:

Let's see... Every character gets a ground jump, characters that puff up get 4 air jumps, characters with wings get 4 air jumps...

BUTTERFLY KIRBY SHALL HAVE 9 TOTAL JUMPS!! :grin:

Maybe it's time to make an entire thread dedicated to just moveset critique, and one for chatting. That way, none of the spam effects people commenting on movesets.
Sadly, we can't even take this into consideration. The unwritten treaty between us and SmashBoards only lets us have one active MYM thread at any given time.

Bah. Wheel Alligates.

Metamor Mothmeanos is > all other X2 Mavericks. He has freaking hanged zombie robots in its stage. And Cristar Myrmine is cooler than Wheel Alligates, too. Hah! Not to mention the Mavericks in the other X-games. XP
And for all those of us who sprechen English, that would be Wheel Gator, Morph Moth, and... Crystal Snail?

Launch Octopus is still cooler than all of them, anyway. ;)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
And for all those of us who sprechen English, that would be Wheel Gator, Morph Moth, and... Crystal Snail?

Launch Octopus is still cooler than all of them, anyway. ;)
I don't use the English names because I don't know them anymore, except for X4. For everything else, I use the Japanese names because the music tracks only have the Japanese names. <.<"

And Launcher Octopuld isn't THAT awesome. More awesome than the X2 Mavericks, but not cooler than Dark Necrobat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom