• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whos the Best Marth Player on Marth_Boards

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
how do you know how he plays(ed) if you probably haven't seen his marth since... june >_>

Fitty

Smash Cadet
the best marth of all time would be ken but the best on the boards hmm i would say NEO

jayboi221

Smash Apprentice
I think there is no best marth player because people think its neo say if neo loses to someone then that same person losses to somebody know wat. thats y i think there is no best marth player

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
A) Ken doesn't play Brawl
B) Neo is the best Marth
C) I can't say after that, because I haven't met West Coast, and I hear some of them are pretty beast

I'm sad to hear about Roy_R. While not quite on Neo's status, he's at least as good as me, and perhaps a little better (he doesn't use some of his options correctly, but has good spacing and mindgames, and he just represented really well.

As far as this coast is concerned . . . eh, I dunno how much better Steel has gotten since I last saw him, which was quite a while ago. I hear Kadaj is good, and CK is consistant (whatever that means).

Outside of this, Dr. PP is EXTREMETLY underrated, and Shaya is very solid IIRC. Bardull and DannyKat just decided to start hanging out since I decided to lurk more and post less. This makes me sad, but it also means I don't know how good they are. Meep no longer plays Marth I think.

EL doesn't play this game ROFL. A few weeks ago he got the itch. I wonder how that's going down. He hasn't texted me to play or anything like that, and I don't know when is the last time he went to a tourney.

Neo doesn't really come on the boards, excepted to talk mad shiz (but he's mad chill, so it's cool lol.) Steel is probably going to be awesome at the Marth ditto when COT comes around, but I wonder if he knows how to fight other characters, lol. Naturally, I'm voting for him to beat Junk, because EC must beat WC. Bardull, you're mine, lol.

Anyway, I've drifted from the question. Neo is the best Marth, if he counts, since he never posts here. After that, Junk, Bardull, DannyKat (I think), Shaya, Dr. PP, and myself place the best in tourney. It's hard to get more specific than that, due to regional boundaries. Also, I think Viet places well, but he's hard to judge due to his region not counting LOL. (I love you Viet. Really, I do.)

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Sigh @ my lack of tourney experience. Would be good to get my name out there, and I really wanna go to CoT4 to meet you guys.

I have to see Bardull and Dannykats current Marths, im go look at those vids. But hands down NEOs black. Oh, he's the best Marth too.

∫unk

Smash Master
My marth is way better now than my last vids :x

Steel is scurred cause i have secret Marth ditto tech

You forgot haze and havok for WC Marths and kadaj and ck for EC in that list at the very end.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
My secret Marth ditto tech Is UTilt x3, Uair x2, then DACUS!!! That's like 70% right there, and you can alter the number of each.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
When I look at other Marths, I see mine as getting worse (even though my region is sux/distant) compared to the various American ones. While my placements in tournaments have only been going up, certain people have been catching up to my jedi mind tricks.

A large array of "good marths" (the ones that used him in tournaments, but mostly didn't get top 8s etc) have gotten a lot closer together in ability and it's really hard to differentiate them any more (like what they're doing BAD). The only thing I ever really reflect personally on Marth's these days is move usage, and my bias is growing as I get less opportunity to play brawl in a reasonably competitive environment.

While I think Neo is the best, I mostly enjoy Pierce's and Roy's styles more (and see them as up there with the most unique). From what I see I definitely feel that there are a lot of Marths better than I, but we'll see in 6 months when I come to genesis (PLUG: YOU BETTER COME TO GENESIS). Compared to my Marth? I dont know, I think I'm one of the only Marth players who loves dsmash and uses it more than fsmash and spams shieldbreaker/thinks its an amazing move.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I actually use Dsmash a fair amount Shaya, no one expects it after they spot dodge behind me or roll behind me, they expect a DB.

I can completely relate to you buddy. Oh and Meep also plays the ICs, ah where the good have gone.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Thanks for that Pierce, but I'm not even close to being an honorable mention. I just don't have enough experience (which I hope will change soon).

I guess the OP will be answered more clearly at Genesis, so I won't speculate.

DJMirror

Smash Master
What happen to BoA (beat of Asia) and MikeHAZE's Marth? they are pretty legit..MikeHAZE almost beat DSF Metaknight well almost...watch it at getyourtournament.com and look up mikehaze vs DSF on UCLA good ****

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lol @ everyone thinking RoyR playing Meta. You guys don't know anything. And you wonder why he never posts here at all. :)

∫unk

Smash Master
thats what someone from texas told me at wcsl :/ did you even go?

i wish i could remember who it was but the conversation literally went:
junk: "so you have roy_r experience huh?"
got ***** from texas: "yeah but... he doesn't play marth anymore"
junk: "what?"
got ***** from texas: "yeah i was at his house before i left for the tourney and he was playing metaknight"
junk: "whaaaat"
got ***** from texas: "and it already ***** does some crazy ****"

so your own peeps are starting rumors lmao... not to mention that you guys wanted notex and sotex after wcsl LOL

Dannykat

Smash Journeyman
thats what someone from texas told me at wcsl :/ did you even go?

i wish i could remember who it was but the conversation literally went:
junk: "so you have roy_r experience huh?"
got ***** from texas: "yeah but... he doesn't play marth anymore"
junk: "what?"
got ***** from texas: "yeah i was at his house before i left for the tourney and he was playing metaknight"
junk: "whaaaat"
got ***** from texas: "and it already ***** does some crazy ****"

so your own peeps are starting rumors lmao... not to mention that you guys wanted notex and sotex after wcsl LOL
well just because they saw him playing MK doesnt mean he mains him now. :O

∫unk

Smash Master
idc who plays what anymore lol

it's impossible to try and keep up with everyones mains/secondaries/temporary metaknight splurges/secret affairs with peach/etc

samuelson i think i've seen your lucario but i haven't played you maybe at san diego on the 16th

∫unk

Smash Master
kk ^^

i just started going to socal tournies (scsa was my first one lol)... they're a lot harder than cencal :D

i'm looking at wcsl you had a rough time in pools :/

edit: i kinda want to go to palmdale biweeklies but it's 2 hours away T-T

i learned from last weekend that you shouldn't travel more than an hour for smaller tournies

so i'll probably just have a smashfest in santa barbara

i'll definitely see you at the san diego one on the 16th (or around there)

Samuelson

Smash Lord
At WCSL i SD'd 4 times in 4 matches so i gave up and went the rest of the time. I had literally 0 hours of sleep. JOHNS i know but still. It's the worst i had ever done in a tourney.

I'm going to Palmdale Biweeklies most likely. It's 2 hours away for me. I was really close to going to a SB tourney but i had to house some people last second so i couldn't go. SB is also 2 hours away. On monday i went to Vegas for a tourney which is 4 hours away...it was just some PnT tourney. I say you travel to tourney's. They're fun no matter what but that's just me.

∫unk

Smash Master
driving while everyone else gets to play brawl in the car sucks though D:

but ya tournies are a lot of fun and you get good really quick

Top Bottom