• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance an orange elephant on Chirstmas, a
Here's my first moveset, a Prof. Rowan moveset :

The Sinnoh Pokemon Expert, Prof. Rowan, Joins the Brawl!!!

Description!!
Prof. Rowan is the pokemon expert in all Sinnoh. He always want to know more about Pokemons. It's his job after all. He asked Lucas and Dawn, two young adventurers, to complete his quest, get informations about all Pokemons of Sinnoh in Prof. Oak's invention, the Pokedex.

Even if he cannot go to the adventure like these two, he still got a lot of Pokemon. He'll use them to battle in this Brawl! His old age won't affect how strong he'll be! Prepare to fight Prof. Rowan!

Play Style!!

Rowan doesn't really like to fight by himself. Almost every of his moves are done by Pokémons all around Sinnoh, the great region visited in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. He's not really good in moving and jumping but his loyal Pokemons will help him Brawl with everybody!

Movements Animations!!

Standing there - Rowan stays straight, stading there arms on both sides of his body. He sometimes turn his head on both sides amd sometimes yawn.

Walking Professor - He walks really normally, one feet after another. His arms still on both sides of his body.1 step on 3 he looks at the screen and the next time it's the other side.

Running - Rowan starts running slowly, swinging his arms in front and behind him. He is looking front while running.

Jumping once - The Pokemon professor jumps with his knees bended. He doesn't jump very high and he's kind of heavy.

Jumping more times - A Staravia appears in a flash and grabs the professor's coat in the neck and fly holding him. He can jump 4 more times after he jumped without Staravia.

Crouching - Prof. simply bend his knees and his back.

Side Dodge - He does a quick sidestep, his arms in a defense stance.

Sidestep - He walks quickly in the background and gets back still in a defense stance.

Air Dodge - If in his first jump, he spins on himself and gets in the background quickly and comes back in game. If in Staravia jumps, the bird will flap his wings once, sending him and Roawn in the background, then comes back quickly.

Dizzy Stance - He's holding his head with one hand and he moving a little bit on right and left. His also saying a little : Oooooh! It Hurrts!!

Sleeping Stance - He falls on the floor, showing his back to the screen, he's lying on the floor, you can also hear him snore loudly. :chuckle:

Statistics

Height - 8/10 ( As tall as Capt. Falcon I would say. )

Weight - 8/10 ( A little bit heavier than Link )

Power - 7/10His Pokemons can be as strong as Link and some could only be fast and weak.

Attack Speed - 8/10 Most of his Pokemons are really fast.

Movement Speed - 5/10. He's really not fast, I would say as slow as Bowser.

Fall Speed - 8/10 He falls quickly cause he's heavy

Range - 5/10 He got a mid-range with most of his Pokemons

Difficulty to control - Medium / If you're good at Brawl, he'll be easy to control. If you're a beginner, it'll be a hard job to do.

Normal Attacks

A Combo - Pokeball Attack - On first hit, Rowan throwas a Pokeball on the opponent which bounces o him so he cathes hit back. On second hit, he throws it back and catch it again then for the final hit the Pokeball shoots a red beam on the opponent. ( this is a lot faster than it looks like )
2,3,4 %damage = 9% total damage
Low Knockback
Fast
Low Range

Dash Attack - Bicycle - While running, Rowan jumps on a bicycle and continue going forward till you press another button. The bicycle goes 1.5 times faster than Prof's running. Will also stop if touches an opponent.
6% damage when touching someone
Low Knockback
Fast
High Range

Ledge Attack - Repel - Rowan sprays some Repel on the ledge of the stage, damaging but not knockbing back opponents, then he gets back on the stage. Only ledge attack without knockback. Works like a Fire Flower
8% damage
No Knockback
Medium Speed
Low Range

Get Back Up Attack - Munchlax Rollout - A Munchalx appears, transfroms into a ball and spins around the professor while he gets back up. The munchlax makes 3 quick turns around him. Munchlax is as big as Kirby. Can cause moderate damage and got knockback.
8% damage
Low Knockback
Fast
Mid-Low Range

Aerials

Aerial A with Rowan - Spinning Ball - He throws a Pokeball which turns around him from his head to his feets and comes back to his head.
5% damage each hit ( will often hit only 1 time )
Low Knockback
Medium Speed
Lasts 2.5 seconds
Low Range

Aerial A when flying with Staravia - Whirlwind - Staravia covers his master with his wings and spins creating wind "blades" turning around him. Works like Spinning Ball but stronger and faster.
6% damage each hit ( will often hit only 1 time )
Low Knockback
Fast
Lasts 3 seconds
Mid-Low Range

Forward Aerial A with Rowan - Punch - Rowan punches directly in front of him, senidng opponent flying away, not really fast. Can cause KO when opponent got high damage.
5% damage
Medium Knockback
Mid-Slow
Low Range

Forward Aerial A with Staravia - Wing Attack - Staravia shoots a mini tornado using his wings. The torado catches opoonent in it and let them go after 2 seconds. Can stop tornado by hitting tornado or opponent caught in it.
4% damage on impact, 1% by 0.5 second when in it.
No Knockback, let the opponent go after 2 seconds
Tornado is mid-slow, fast damage in the tornado
Mid-Low Range

Back Aerial A with Rowan - Double Back Kick - Rowan double kicks behind him, hitting anybody who should not be there. Can send opponents flying away. Medium damages. Rowan will fall on ground after doing this kick.
9% damage
Medium Knockback
Slow
Mid-Low Range
2 seconds end lag

Back Aerial A with Staravia - Steel Wing - Staravia's wings become in metal and the Pokemon bird turns back and starts spinning with metal wings. 3 hits total. Staravia will disappear after this attack letting Rowan fll down, not able to do any attacks.
4% damage by hit.
Low Knockback
Medium Speed
Medium Range
2 second start lag.

Up Aerial A with Rowan - Briefcase Hit - A briefcase appears in Rowan's hand and he smashes all enemies over his head with this precious object. Can be deadly if well used.
8% damage
Medium Knockback
Fast
Low Range

Up Aerial A with Staravia - Tackle - Staravia dashes upward in the air, hitting anybody in his way. Can be stopped by hitting the dashing Pokemon.
9% damage
Low Knockback
Fast
Mid-Low Range
0.5 seconds start lag

Down Aerial A with Rowan - Down Bicycle Kick - Rowan gives multiple succesing kicks under him, like in a bicycle.4 hits total. Rowan is going down while doing this attack
3% damage per hit.
Mid-Low Knockback
Moderate Speed
Mid-Low Range

Down Aerial A with Staravia - Professor Bicycle Kick - The exact same thing as without Staravia, but he isn't going down while kicking. After this attack Staravia disappears.
3% damage per hit.
Mid-Low Knockback
Moedrate Speed
Mid-Low Range

Tilts

Forward Tilt - Turtwig's Headbutt - Turtwig appears while he is jumping and headbutts the opponen'ts chest. ( Head for Kirby, Olimar,etc. ) Causes minor damage.
7% damage
Mid-Low Knockback
Fast
Medium Range

Back Tilt - Chimchar's Scratch - Chimchar and Rowan are back to back, an the little monkey scratches 5 times in front of him.
2% damage per hit.
Medium Knockback
Low Range
Very Fast
1 second start lag

Down Tilt - Piplup's Bubbles - Piplup spits some slow bubbles around the professor. Bubbles stays around him for 1.5 second.
3% damage per bubble
No Knockback
Slow
Low Range
1 second start lag

Up Tilt - Pachirisu's Spark - Pachirisu becomes a little thunder ball and rushes upward, he even goes off screen, or can stop if touches anything.
8% damage
Medium Knockback
Mid-Slow
Very High Range

Smashes

Forward Smash - Carnivine's Crunch - When charging, a Carnivine appears with his mouth opened, when releasing he crunches in front of him, eliminating anybody.
14% damage
High Knockback
Slow
Mid-Low Range

Up Smash - Honchcrow's Night Slash - Honchcrow goes upward spinning. His wings are covered with Dark Magic. Goes offscreen like Pachirisu's Spark.
15% damage
Mid-High Knockback
Fast
Very High Range
1 second start lag

Down Smash - Hippowdon's Sand Tomb - You can see one Hippowdon appearing on each side of Rowan. Both of them expulses a lot of sand upward from their back. (Works like Squirtle's down smash in stronger and slower)
17% damage
Very High Knockback
Very Slow
Medium Range
2 second start lag

Specials

Neutral B - Gooey Gastrodon - Gastrodon appears in front of Rowan, if soeone hits him, he'll get stuck in him. When stuck in Gastrodon, the enemy is really easy to smash out of the stage. Gastrodon appears right in front of Rowan and is as tall as him. He is as large as Bowser. Gastrodon can be pink, or blue. it's Random.

Side B – Porygon-Z’s Tri-Attack – A Porygon-Z appears right in front of Rowan, the virtual Pokemon is hovering. Then he shoots a strange projectile. It’s a red square attached to a blue circle and a yellow triangle which are all attached to each other. The red square is in fire, the blue circle is surrounded by an ice aura and the yellow triangle got electricity bursting out of it. One of the 3 effects will be randomly be used on the opponent.
10% damage + Fire or Ice or Electricity damage and effect
Medium Knockback
Medium Speed
High Range
2 second start lag
1 second end lag

Up B - Hovering Drifblim - Rowan grabs Drifblim's " arms and legs" and the baloon Pokemon shoots a big air ball from his bottom and gets in the air. Then he starts faling back slowly. The big air ball is an attack. Drifblim gets as high in the sky as Sheik's teleportation. Rowan is invincible during this attack but if Drifblim, which is as big as DK, is attacked, Rowan will fall down defenseless.
10% damage for the air ball
No Knockback for Air Ball
Medium Range for Air Ball
1 second start lag

Down B – Abomasnow’s Blizzard – An Abomasnow appears behind Rowan and puts his two hands in the air and shakes them. You can see ice spikes falling from the sky right over Rowan’s head. They fall from offscreen slowly and take as much place as Bowser. They damage and can cause freeze effects. Can last 5 seconds. They fall in waves of 4-5 spikes and there’s 2 waves per second. There can only be 1, 2 or 3 spikes damaging an opponent at the same time.
1-2% damage per ice spike
No Knockback ( Brings to floor )
Mid-Slow
Mid-Low Range
2 seconds start lag

Grabs

Grab – Tangrowth’s Constrict – A Tangrowth appears and grabs the opponent with his long arms. Can perform 5 attcks while in grab stance : A attacks, Forward Throw, Back Throw, Up Throw, Down Throw. The opponent tries to get out of his vines( arms ) when grabbed.
Medium Range

A Attacks – Tangrowth’s Vine Whip – Some vines come out of Tangrowth’s body and whip the opponent. Works like any other A Grab Attack.
3% damage per hit.
4 hits max.
Slow

Forward Throw – Magmortar’s Fire Blast – Tangrowth now only holds the opponent by the shoulders and puts him in front of the appearing Magmortar. Tangrowth then disappears and Magmortar's cannon charges fire and bursts the enemy away.
14% damage
Slow
High Knockback
2.5 seconds start lag

Back Throw - Rhyperior's Rock Wrecker - A Rhyperior appears behind Rowan with a giant boulder in his hands. Tangrowth throws the enemy in front of this rock Pokemon and he smashes the coming enemy with his massive boulder. Can cause massiev damage and easy kill.
17% damage
Very Slow
Very High Knockback
3 seconds start lag
2 seconds end lag

Down Throw - Electivire's Thunder - Tangrowth throws the opponent over and an Electivire appears behind the Pokemon professor and puts his hands up, casting a giant thunder to smash the opponent to the ground. The opponent will bounce to the floow and get a high upward knockback from this attack.
12% damage
Medium Speed
Mid-High Knockback
1.5 seconds start lag

Up Throw – Yanmega’s Air Slash – Tangrowth throws the opponent over Rowan and Yanmega grabs the enemy with his tail and throws him a little bit higher. Then he shoots a giant air ball to this puny bug. This is the weakest of all throws done by Rowan.
12% damage
Fast
Medium Knockback
1 second start lag

Final Smash

Time and Space

Rowan throws two Master Balls into the air and they reveal two Pokemons : Dialga and Palkia! Before the opponents can move,Dialga uses his Roar of Time, slowing everybody on the stage like the Slow Watch item. Then Palkia uses his Spacial Rend. He dashes forward till he gets somebody, and he slashes this opponent. Then he uses his pink beam from the Spear Pillar stage ( A Giant Pink vertical beam coming from the sky ) from where he is. ( Where the opponent was before he got hit by Palkia ) The beam is as big as Palkia, which is as big as Bowser.
Roar of Time = Everybody got 50% of their normal speed
Palkia dash is fast and isn't affected by Dialga's Roar of Time.
30% damage for slash
High Knockback for slash
As soon as Palkia is coming to the opponent, he slashes him, no lag
25% damage for beam
High Knockback for beam
3 seconds end lag for complete attack.

Taunts

Up Taunt - Pokeball Throw - Rowan takes a Pokeball, throws it up in the air and catches it back, puts it back

Down Taunt - Pokemon Professor Team - All Pkmn professors ( Oak, Birch, Elm and Rowan ) hold a Pokeball and show it to the screen. Then all the others beside Rowan disappear.

Side Taunt - Starting with Starters - Rowan throws three Pokeballs on the ground and they reveal the 3 Generation IV starters : Turtwig, Chimchar and Piplup.They all face the screen and smile. Then they disappear

Winning and Losing Poses

Winning Pose 1 - Rowan appears on the screen. Many Pokeballs are on the floor. They all reveal Pokemons, 20 to be exact. It's all of Rowan Brawl Pokemons! Can hide losing players.

Winning Pose 2 - Rowan takes his coat and his briefcase, smiles to the screen and does a thumb up to the screen.

Winning Pose 3 - The three Sinnoh legendary Pokemons : Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit, appear spinning around the surprised Rowan.

Losing Pose 1 - Rowan looks a bit disappointed but applauses the winner.

Snake's Codec

Snake - What's that old man doing here?
Otacon - Have respect for him, Snake! It's the greatest Pokemon Professor of all, Prof. Rowan.
Snake - And what? It doesn't mean he can fight!
Otacon - Maybe can't he, but his Pokemons can! Almost all of his attacks are performed by Sinnoh Pokemons.
Snake - I'll take care of him.

Extras

Entrance - Rowan appears, walking from the background. He throws his coat and briefcase behind him and gets ready to fight.

Wiimote Sound - You can hear : " Here are my Pokemons! " and after you hear many opening Pokeballs sounds.

Kirby Hat - Kirby gains Rowan hairs and beard. He can now use Gooey Gastrodon. But instead being a Gastrodon, it's a Kirby made of jelly! So the attack his now named : Jelly Kirby! It got the same effect as Gooey Gastrodon.

Victory Theme - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFOkjI4Hgpw This is the music from Sandgem Town, where is lab is!

Alternate Colors

Blue - Default - Blue Team
Red - Red Team
Green - Green Team
Purple/Pink
Black & White

Trophies

Prof. Rowan - This professor is specialized in Pokemon Research. He travels around the world to find new Pokemons and to discover new things about old ones. He sent two young adventurers, Lucas and Dawn, to the adventure with Pokedexs to find new things, about the extraordinary animals that the Pokemons are. - Pokemon Diamond/Pearl - 2007 -

Dawn and Lucas - These are the 2 adventurers sent by Professor Rowan to resolve all mysteries about Pokemons. They each chose a Pokemon between the following 3 : Turtwig, Piplup and Chimchar. They are the protagonists of the Diamond/Pearl games. They got new special winter clothes for the Platinum Version, because the temperature changed dramatically. - Pokemon Diamond/Pearl - 2007 -

Space and Time - This is the Final Smash of Prof. Rowan. Rowan uses the 2 greatest legendary Pokemons, Palkia and Dialga. Dialga uses his Roar of Time to slow everybody and Palkia destroys every body in front of him. Good teamwork! ( The pic is Rowan ( which is really little compared to the 2 others ) in front showing two Master Balls to the screen and in the background you can see Dialga roaring and waves of time coming out of him and Palkia rushing across the screen with pink power coming out of his claws. Epic )

Rowan's Personality

Rowan is quite intimidating, but is really kind and always happy. He's always ready for a challenge but is not a great adventurer. He loves seeing young people following what he's doing like Prof. Oak. Oak is considerated as Rowan Jr. in term of Pokemon knowledge. He's also really intelligent and can always prepare a plan to be the best Brawler! Get ready for him!

The End

This was my first moveset, Prof. Rowan. Hope you enjoyed it and that it was good. I'm open for criticism and good comments. Read it all!

Sprry for double post. Won't do it again. :)

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I've skimmed through it, and it seems very good for a beginner moveset, although having 2 Master Balls for his final smash suggests that Rowan uses hax :laugh:

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
*pops back in*

Skimmed through Prof. Rowan for a bit. Looks good! I like the specials (although I think Drifblim can afford to get a little higher in the air). Also, I'm finding the Aerials with/without Staravia thing a little bit confusing. Also, what is a Back Tilt (Chimchar)? In addition, the grabs seem a little awkward, what with two Pokemon participating, but maybe it's just me.

My final complaint is that there's a lack of Bidoof in the moveset (I think) :p. and Mismagius. But otherwise, from what I've read, good job with the Sinnoh professor!

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
A back tilt?
That was gonna be one of my ideas!!!

For those who don't get it, if you do an F-Tilt the opposite way you're facing, you'll turn around. I guess making a back-tilt is the same except with a different effect.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
A B-Tilt seems a bit complex to me. You know how often I do F-Tilts by walking a very short distance, then pressing A? You'd have to tilt far enough to attack, but not to turn around.

Anyway, Rowan looks pretty good, but I'd suggest bolding the attack or something, like

Neutral B - Gooey Gastrodon - Description, description, all important descriptions and what it does and bla bla bla not important to what I'm doing here.

And in my opinion, coloring the entire paragraph a color doesn't help either, so I'd say make only the attack and its name colored.

Just my two cents.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Gastrodon, how long are they stuck in his goo?

(UGH! On Chrono Trigger I killed Magus not knowing if I chose no to not fight him, he would join the group!)

SirKibble

Smash Champion
(UGH! On Chrono Trigger I killed Magus not knowing if I chose no to not fight him, he would join the group!)
Looks like we can count on someone not to do a moveset for Magus! :laugh:

On the plus side, now you'll get an alternate ending where
Frog turns back into a human.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Psh, Magus is too emo for my taste.
He predicted Crono would die, and now I gotta do all this junk to bring him back.

Wait, why doesn't Frog turn human right after you kill Magus?

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
I thought you guys were going to keep this as a topic for moveset discussion. :(

I like the concept behind Rowan. When I first saw you intended to do him my thoughts were admittedly negative, but to think he's a more active pokémon trainer has me intrigued. Nice work.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Meh, we tried.
We're still talking about who's doing what Chrono Trigger character moveset. Apparently, it's a slight on and off thing.

Did you think it was just gonna be another PKMN Trainer Clone?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I'm kind of hoping we can get every playable CT character a moveset.

I'll do whoever I need to to make it happen as long as it's not too many of them. :p

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Maybe we can rename this thread to Rise Of Chrono Trigger.

By playable, does that mean the Arena Of The Ages monsters too?
That's at least 20 monsters.

And we still would need Lucca (the person I use the least :p)

Maybe Robo too. I'm lazy.

@SpadeFox:

8? Can't let you do that.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Rowan looks great, Gooey Gastrodon is cool. The aerial mechanic is kind of complicated, but I like it.

But the plural for Pokemon is Pokemon, not Pokemons.

Akiak

Smash Ace
@Rowan Not bad as a first but I have a few complaints. Some colors you chose are hard to read. Back-Tilts are impossible. And finally, OAK IS BETTER THAN ROWAN DUDE!

Also as soon as I say Rowan, I read the whole thing without noticing! You must have used a very attractive language or something. I usually skim movesets...

Overall, it's your first so good job ;)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
^ Pokey is from Mario. He's the cactus enemy that grows a new head whenever you knock off it's old one.

Or it could be Porky from Earthbound, using the Japanese translation, which is Pokey.

Nice SSE, too, Cruxis.

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance an orange elephant on Chirstmas, a
If you looked at my sig and still don't know him. He's an enemy in SMB2, SMBW, like a koopa or a goomba. He also appeared in every Paper Mario game. It's a head with spikes on it, placed on 3-4 balls, which is his body. He can throw the balls and make other come from the ground. I always liked Pokey and I'll do a moveset of him. :)

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
I told you to REMIND me. I has bad memory. I'm doing them now. lol
i ALREADY remiminded you, YESTERDAY!

also, here are OO finalized mechanics, vastly improved from what i had.

overdrive ostrich can go into the background, running on a plane a bit farther back than PT (right behind him). some attacks can place OO into this plane while some can take him out. he can only do a specific set of moves, each listed with the foreground equivalent(all other button imputs will do nothing. he cannot be KO'd normally when in the background, because most physical attacks would be usesless. he can only be KO'd if he; runs off the side KO zone or he loses speed, which i will explain later. if OO comes in contact with a PT, he can either steal one pokemon for the remainder of the current stock by winning a button mash of A or B, damage the two standby pokemon 10% (both if they are an enemy). this damage difference does not come into play until the PT switches pokemon, no swap=no % difference. OO will immediately jump into the foreground if he is there for more than 12 seconds or if the opponent uses the same taunt 3 times(OO is very competitive). after OO swaps back into the foreground, he cannot return to the background for 6 seconds. items cannot be brought into the background plane, they will simply dissapate, but OO can still go there if he has broken a smash ball, having a different final smash back there. he can jump while he is in the background.

if he stops moving, it slows his battery and makes him explode after being idle for 5 seconds. this can happen in either plane. this does 50% to him with 1.5x bob-omb knockback, making it almost as deadly as jigglypuff losing her sheild. this explosion does 10% to those caught in the blast though, making this only 95% bad.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace

Here you go.

There is a problem with James. I don't have Photoshop, so making a button for an actual live person would be a bit messy with what I have, so you should ask someone else to do that one. Sorry. Hope you like these tho. :)

goldwyvern

Smash Ace

Here you go.

There is a problem with James. I don't have Photoshop, so making a button for an actual live person would be a bit messy with what I have, so you should ask someone else to do that one. Sorry. Hope you like these tho. :)
that's okay, i'll find another slave employee to do james. the two you did are great! my sig is twice as prettyful now! also, what was that powder puff thing for, anyway? while fun, it was spam.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Is that a Sonic Clone?

Anyways, I think I found my Special Moves for Ayla.

Standard Special: Kiss/Charm (Kiss in team battles, Charm in others)

Side Special: Cat Attack

Upwards Special: Roundillo Kick

Downwards Special: Tail Spin

Whaddya think?
(If the names are wrong, I don't have my DS so...)

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
that's okay, i'll find another slave employee to do james. the two you did are great! my sig is twice as prettyful now! also, what was that powder puff thing for, anyway? while fun, it was spam.
Spam is only something that doesn't pertain to the thread, which it DID, since it involved Make Your Move and its contestants. Spam is also something that is unwanted, but most people who saw it thought it for the lulz.

Me = WIN
You = O.o

lol

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Ladies and gentlemen, I have updated my SSE/BBQ!

Chapter 1 is now up!

A link to said SSE/BBQ can be found in my Link-Up Space, through my sig.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
My current potential moveset is Harry Dresden, but I'm skeptical on if anyone knows who the heck he is.

That, and there's too much stuff to work with. The character has so much moveset potential, but I don't know how well known he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom