• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
You have to make them, or if you ask real nice, someone may make one for you.

Also, can anyone remember the name of those blue snake things on Chemical Plant Zone in Sonic 2?

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Since they were stage hazards, they had no name.

Chapter 9 is gonna be up soonish, I think.
Oh yeah, I forgot that they weren't Badniks.

The badnik snakes were from Mystic Cave.

Never mind then- it's been a while since I played Sonic 2 without trying to speedrun it XD.

I'm halfway through my second chapter, so that should be up soon.

I'm looking forward to your next chapter :).

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
er...this is really random, but where do you get those things that show your movesets?

Also, can Zexy be featured in the next BBQ(w/e that means)?
It'seasy to make one really; All you need is a picture and Photoshop. If you don't have Photoshop, use Paint instead. That's what I did, and I like mine (even if they're really crappy). Where was the guide to making those.../

Also, It's best you specify which BBQ. I don't what BBQ Stands for, but It means a user created Subspace Emissary, SSEs beforehand. We tried calling them a different name (OPS for One Player Storylines) but I was not present during the decision of BBQ.

Anyway, Can Anybody critique on this down special?...

Down Special: Guitar Solo
Klavier will bend his back slighlty then will play an air guitar for five seconds, complete with sound. This badass move starts with 5% damage once started, then will give twenty 1% notes before dealing his final note, a 7% killer note with average knockback, giving a possible 32% damage. The move has very little starting lag, but has a high amount of lag at the end. The move has similar properties to Zelda's Forward smash, so it can be easy to escape from. The range of the move is similar to his other guitar playing moves. Speaking of guitars, when you use this move while you hold your own guitar, you deal double the damage at the last note of the move (39%), but have the aftereffect of counting this as two moves using the Guitar. Using this with the guitar out while having used two guitar moves beforehand will burn the guitar halfway through, giving Gavin 5% for being so near it.(Acoustic Guitar)

Can you find the link in this post?

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Seems cool kitsuneko :bee:

However, if you were backed up against a wall in Shadow Moses, would you be able to escape from the move, or would you have to take the full amount of damage?

In other news, I tried a demo of Apollo Justice- it was part of a trial against Phoenix, and I really enjoyed it, so I may get the game sometime.

Meadow

Smash Apprentice
Hey, how do I make Ayla's Tail Spin unlike the Mach Tornado? lol

Preview!

Standard Special:
Kiss/Charm (Kiss heals 3% per second, for 5 seconds / Charm damages 10%)

Ayla does the traditional "blow kiss" action, and when she open her mouth, a heart (the size of an uncharged Aura Sphere at 0%) gets blown out. The heart will travel slowly at a wavy trajectory. When the heart reaches an opponent, that opponent will suffer damage, and a picture of a present will appear over Ayla's head for 5 seconds, and will heal Ayla for 3% per second. Slow startup, quick ending. No knockback.
Normally, in free for all/one on one battles, the attack would be called Charm, and would use the same effect above, but in team battles, it functions a little differently, and is called Kiss. Nearly the same animations, but the heart will travel even slower, and if it hits another person, that person will have a heart symbol above them, and THEY will get healed 3% per second, for 5 seconds.

And yes, Kiss works on girl teammates @_@
Ah, I've used that exact same concept in my Roll moveset, except for the fact that Roll doesn't kiss the opponent, as well as not erm...healing the opponent/teammate...but I'm glad someone thinks the same way as me!

Keep working on your moveset(s), I'm sure it'll be much better than mine. ^^' I haven't been putting much effort lately...

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
Seems cool kitsuneko :bee:

However, if you were backed up against a wall in Shadow Moses, would you be able to escape from the move, or would you have to take the full amount of damage?

In other news, I tried a demo of Apollo Justice- it was part of a trial against Phoenix, and I really enjoyed it, so I may get the game sometime.
Thanks, Jimny. I guess I forgot to mention that even if you were trapped inside the move because of a wall, you can easily escape from the top (which is about the height of Captain Falcon). And the range is nothing to brag about (it's a platfom in Battlefield's length).

Ah yes, Playing Apollo Justice is great overall. There are many secrets in the game that you will be surprized at once you play.

@Phatcat: Trust me, the last part was supposed to give 10% originally, but I held back Against it. And you can escape from the side that Gavin's facing and from the top and bottom.

@Wyvern: Thanks. Yeah, That's All I can say.

You guys stil can't find the link in that post?

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
Yipee Kaiyai Kaiyai!!

THE COCKY MAVERICK OF SPEED, OVERDRIVE OSTRICH JOINS THE BRAWL!

stats:
power:7-OO has a few reliable moves that regulary KO, and most of the background attacks are quite weak.
speed:9.5-what do you expect? just under sonic.
range:8-long arms, legs, and neck=range
traction:2.5-better than wheelie, worse than hyper ridley. when using dash attack, it is 1.5.
1st jump:3-see his battle for details. suck at jumping during the fight...
2nd jump:6.5-but can jump good in the intro.
height:8-if OO is about 1.5 taller than X, than i imagine he is probably between bowser and ganondorf
combo:6-not perfect, but above average
weight:5.5-he's made of lightweight metal so he can run fast
crouch:5-partially flexable legs
wall jump; yes
wall cling: no
tether: yes
glide: no
crawl: no

special mechanics:
overdrive ostrich can go into the background, running on a plane a bit farther back than PT (right behind him). some attacks can place OO into this plane while some can take him out. he can only do a specific set of moves, each listed with the foreground equivalent(all other button imputs will do nothing. he cannot be KO'd normally when in the background, because most physical attacks would be usesless. he can only be KO'd if he; runs off the side KO zone or he loses speed, which i will explain later. if OO comes in contact with a PT, he can either steal one pokemon for the remainder of the current stock by winning a button mash of A or damage the two standby pokemon 10% by pressing A(both if they are an enemy and once per each stock of OO). this damage difference does not come into play until the PT switches pokemon, no swap=no % difference. OO will immediately jump into the foreground if he is there for more than 12 seconds or if the opponent uses the same taunt 3 times (OO is very competitive). after OO swaps back into the foreground, he cannot return to the background for 6 seconds. items cannot be brought into the background plane, they will simply dissapate, but OO can still go there if he has broken a smash ball, having a different final smash back there. he can jump while he is in the background. background attacks are colored like this.

if he stops moving, it slows his battery and makes him explode after being idle for 5 seconds. this can happen in either plane. this does 50% to him with 1.5x bob-omb knockback, making it almost as deadly as jigglypuff losing her sheild. this explosion does 10% to those caught in the blast though, making this only 95% bad. various attacks can change the idle time that he needs to explode

basics:

A infinite: peck
OO simply pecks forward relatively fast. 1% with a slight flinch. can be repeated endlessly but only goes as far as lucario's fist with a bit less aura, despite having a long neck.

dash: U turn
OO skids on his heels and turns around, continuing his run. this is used as an alternative to turn around at OO's high speeds, but has even worse traction. the heels do 4% and the rest of the body does 2%. skids only 10% more than normal during the attack. uaseable in the background.[/B]

tilts:

Ftilt:chicken scratch
OO scratches with the talons on his foot. 5% and below average knockback. this has high start lag, making it utterly useless.

Utilt:uppercuts with his bladed elbow, stretching his arm to do so. slight start lag and 5%. above average knockback. has suprisingly high priority for a tilt, out prioritizing about the lower third of metaknight's attacks.

Dtilt:tri-slash
lunges forward with both hands and beak, causing three slashes, hence the name. it is one hit, though, which causes 9% and average knockback. quite powerful for a tilt, but has a bit of lag on both end of the attack. the point of the beak is a sweet spot, dealing 4% extra and multiplying the knockback by 1.5.

smashes:

Fsmash:boot to the head
OO gets in a slight crouch while you charge. when you release, OO shorthops forward one stage builder block with his feet spread out slightly. this is how he jumped at you in the game, and i've seen many-a-death caused by the dreaded boot to the head. this does 7% uncharged and 17% fully charged. if you hit with the sweetspot, which is the toe of either foot, the damage increases to 14% uncharged and 34% fully charged. be knoweledged, though, the sweetspot has a 1 in a 100 chance of hitting.

Usmash:sonic wail
OO points his head upward and releases sonic waves from his mouth. these waves travel mario's height upwards very quickly, causing 4-12% uncharged and 8-22% charged depending on how many of the waves hit. the attack lasts 3 seconds, during which OO cannot move.

Dsmash:afraid? me?
OO rears his head back while charging, and when the attack is released, he slams his head into the ground, planting it like ostriches stereotypically do. does 12% uncharged and 29% fully charged. this attack has severe end lag, as OO needs to remove his head from the ground. a high risk, high reward move.

background attack:jump in
OO waits two seconds, then leaps to the middle of the stage, causing a small tremor in the surrounding small area. does 6% and plants anyone directly under him into the ground.

aerials:

Nair:blade spin
OO pirouettes in midair, toes pointed down and elbows out. he spins a total of 5 times. different body areas do different damages. head, neck, and upper leg does 1% per hit. middle body does 2% perhit doe to blades. the small area below the knees does 2% on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th hits, and does 1% on the 2nd and 4th hits. the feet area is also an effectively weak spike.

Bair:blade jab
OO jabs bothof his elbows bsckwards, blades sticking out. each blade sticks out the length of a hammer head and are weak spikes when used properly. does 3% each blade. has end lag involving the retraction of the blades.

Uair:sonic rain
OO raises his arms and looks up. 5 sonic blades fall to the ground after appearing above him. these do 3% each and only cause flinching knockback, but they are quite spaced out, giving OO a good ranged attack.

background attack:sonigeddon
OO does the regular animation, but the blasts are farther spread and they cover the length of FD as they travel to the foreground, the middle blast being OO's position. this is easier to dodge but the sonic blasts enlarge as they travel, making them 10% bigger and do 4% instead of 3.

Fair:sonic barrage
OO takes a page out of the DBZ instruction book and shoots sonic blasts in front of him. there are 6 total waves, each doing 2% and pushing the enemy forward 2 stage builder blocks. they waves go 1/3 of a staryu's swift before they dissapate.

Dair: sonic missionary
OO simply throws a sonic blade downwards. this projectile does 4% and travels downward until it hits the ground or goes offscreen. has downward knockback.

grabs:

grab:neck
OO lunges his head head forward at the range of neutral A, grabbing the opponent in the beak. is also a tether. after grabbing a character/ledge, he reels it into his left hand.

pummel:woodpecker
OO pecks thier head with his beak. does 3% per hit.

Dthrow:assassin bird
OO makes a motion with his right arm as if to slit the grabbee's throat. he drops them, quickly looks in both directions and jumps into the background, like the sly australian speedy cyborg bird he is. does 13% and opponent stays on the ground for 1 second before they can move again.

Bthrow:toss
simply throws the enemy high up and a bit backwards. extremely seasoned OO players can chain this. 3%.

Fthrow:sonic push
launches the opponent 3 stage builder block forward with a sonic wave. despite having fixed knock back it can be quite useful. 5%.

Uthrow: prey wrangle
OO grabs the enemy in his mouth again, tosses them around a bit, and throws them diagnolly upwards. 9% and above average knockback.

specials:

B:sonic slicer
OO charges for .5 seconds and then fires a pink, blade shaped projectile the size of mario's hat. this will go forward, but slightly tilted down so it will eventually hit the floor. uninterupted, it goes 2.5 stage buider blocks before hitting the floor at 2x the speed of a mario fireball. this projectile does 6% with low knockback and OO can use it again before it dissapates, but only after the one you just fired is 3/4 of the way to the ground to prevent major spam.

background attack:sonic sniper
a crosshair appears over OO, which you move for 2 seconds before it locks. he then fires a sonic slicer which takes .5 seconds to make it there. this slicer does only 4%, but has twice the knockback of the original. this is one of your primary means of attack in the background.

<>B:run off
OO runs in the direction that was entered endlessly without falling at the same speed as falco's blaster. he can be damaged but it cannot be interupted due to the fact that he has super armor the whole way.he will simply stop if he hits a straightup wall (tilted ones he will run off like a ramp). the starfox characters can reverse his direction with their reflectors. when OO reaches a KO line, he will reappear in the background plane from the same side going in the opposite direction until he is in the middle. this is OO's primary way of reaching the background plane, but could take a while if you are on a big stage such as new pork city.

background attack:run on
OO does the same thing, except he enters the foreground. starfox characters can reflect him and send into the background again.

^B:sonic thrust
OO activates sonic disrupters throughout his body, allowing him to rise upward and sideways slightly. he elevates the height of marth's ^B at half the speed, doing up to 6 2% hits. if you hold the button though, you can go 3 times the height of before, with negative consequences. if you double the height, the hits do only 1% and for the next 10 seconds, the amount of idle time you need to explode is only 4 seconds. if you do triple the height, the hits only cause flinching and the idle time needed for an overload is 3 seconds for the next ten seconds.

vB:battery power
OO runs in place for 4 seconds, which in turn supercharges his battery, healing him 1% per second. if an enemy attacks him, they receive two electric damage and OO stops running in place. if they attack him during the last two seconds of the animation, OO also switches into the background. if he goes through the whole sequence, the idle time it takes for him to explode is raised to six seconds for 12 seconds. this effect cannot stack.

background attack:outline of static
an arrow appears above OO's head. you can change the direction of this arrow to up, down, left, or right. after 1.5 seconds, it locks. OO then creates a line of static electricity on the edge of the screen correspoding with the direction the arrow was pointed. the line lasts 10 seconds and does 2% with a flinch per hit. can be used to stop recovering enemies or save a teammate, as it also can hurt them, thus stalling them and allowing them one jump and a recovery. until it disappears, your idle time before explosion is three seconds.

final smash:sonic cleaver
OO pulls back his right hand, then releases a humongous sonic wave 2 ganondorfs high and an ike wide. this does 25% with godly knockback and travels offscreen. is better at KOing than the background version, but does half the damage

background final smash:rocket
remember the rocket that brought you to OO's stage? that's his final smash when he is in the background. first, the rocket appears next to OO. next, a crosshair will appear where OO is on the screen, like the neutral special background attack, but the crosshair is 3/4 the size of a full smartbomb explosion, which is the size of the attack. after 3 seconds, it will lock-on. the rocket will launch and go to the exact spot the cross hairs are, going through solid platforms while doing so. if someone touches the rocket during this time, they will receive 10% and high knockback. when the rocket gets to the target, the crosshairs dissapear and the rocket explodes. the explosion has the exact diameter of the crosshairs. it also does 50%. the bad news is that the knockback is only equal to half of a sweetspotted luigi jump punch. better for damage than the foreground FS, but not as good for KOing.

extras:

taunts:
up:yells "yipee kaiyai kaiyai!" and jumps
side:stands still and charges. heals 1% every third use.
down: polishes his elbow blades.

endgame poses:
up: same as up taunt in a loop
side: puts his hands to his sides and says "you ain't got speed, you ain't got nothin'!"
down: gets into a running stance facing the right. he gives a thumbs up and says "seeya!" before running offscreen.
lose: falls to his knees and facepalms, shaking his head slowly.
win against any form of megaman/X: does his 2nd win pose and says "the maverick rebellion will continue!"
win against zero or protoman: "if megaman cant defeat me, than how will a silly recolor take me down?"
lose against megaman, X, or zero: shakes his fist in anger
lose against protoman: OO claps, as protoman's awesomeness is so great, people must respect him.

wimote sound: "yipee kaiyai!"

series symbol: a big X

entrance:runs in on the background plane and then jumps to his start spot.

Agi

Smash Lord
Well, into the dustbin of history goes all the movesets that the sandbags have to catch up on, as well as my hopes and dreams.

Click here. Now.

@wyvern

I'm sure that it's a good moveset, but it lacks basic capitalization. May I ask why?

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Overdrive Ostrich did not dissapoint. The background mechanic was really original, and I like how he has to keep moving, it's like the ultimate hit-and-run character. There were also some rather cool moves in there. Dash attack was freaking brilliant for his playstyle, and I have to say that for the most part the brief descritpions still gave me a good enough picture of the move in my head.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
Overdrive Ostrich did not dissapoint. The background mechanic was really original, and I like how he has to keep moving, it's like the ultimate hit-and-run character. There were also some rather cool moves in there. Dash attack was freaking brilliant for his playstyle, and I have to say that for the most part the brief descritpions still gave me a good enough picture of the move in my head.
WHEE! i has a fan! :bee:

but that's the last of me till MYM5. no more. never. wait till then. i'll still be here. sorry to dissapoint. go read all of my sets again. [/notmanicallyplanningsuparseecretmovesetofdoomnooneknowsaboutnotevenme] :bee:

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Love the mechanic and the Dsmash, but some attacks are just.....weird.

Unfortunately, I don't know what's exactly weird about them, so you might as well disregard what I'm saying.

But why give a character an attack you yourself describe as utterly useless? I tend to make some attacks INCREDIBLY situational, but never truly useless and always with some quirk to them that keeps you from ignoring them entirely.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
Love the mechanic and the Dsmash, but some attacks are just.....weird.

Unfortunately, I don't know what's exactly weird about them, so you might as well disregard what I'm saying.

But why give a character an attack you yourself describe as utterly useless? I tend to make some attacks INCREDIBLY situational, but never truly useless and always with some quirk to them that keeps you from ignoring them entirely.
it is, as you would say, metamindgames my friend.

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance an orange elephant on Chirstmas, a
I, will not do it now but do my SSE in MYM5, so yes there will be different characters but there still will be some guests from here! Now let's get back to Pokey!! :)

For example I will keep Rowan and all SPM bosses ( Dimentio, Bleck, Mimi, O'Chunks )

IF you didn't understand, I don't do a BBQ story in MYM4....

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
HOLY CR- ... that was freaking awesome... until the last scene :ohwell:
:laugh:

... I thought you'd like that! Well, what can I say? I needed a shocker to cap off my prologue, and wanted to make it clear right off the bat I wasn't following the rules. :bee:

agi: MY HERO! Your pathetic Strudels can never match the awesomeness of Marshmallow Goo, though...

#14, I guess...

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
I have just become aware of the Marina Liteyears moveset while reading Spayedfaux's BBQ and I like it.

As for the BBQ itself, I love the idea of daytime/nighttime puzzle-solving. And then all the groups get together. That's about all I got, as my brain got lazy while reading. I'll get back to it...

uh...#15?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom