• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
...Well, Winnie-the-Pooh isn't really a combat-oriented character, is he? He's just willy-nilly-silly old bear. :3

I was thinking something more along the lines of the Beast or...I dunno, Ariel. I would do Ariel if she could fight on land. But she can't. T_T

What about:

Baloo

Smash Ace
Here is a preview of Bubblun.

Neutral B - Bubble
Bubblun opens his mouth and spits out a big green bubble about the same size as himself. His entire moveset is centered around this one attack, he can gets power ups, easy KOs, and much more from them. First, lets just see what happens when you shoot a bubble and it touches nothing. One of several different things can happen. It can float upwards, it can pop, or it can develop a special power.

The floating up part will become important later, no let's focus on the part with the special power. There are six different possible special powers. Fire, water, lightning, whirlwind, rainbow, and fire globe.

Fire bubbles have little tongues of flame inside of them. Popping them (we'll get to that later) will release a fire about the size of Jigglypuff, which falls to the floor and lasts for two seconds. Anyone who touches it will receive four damage and low knockback.

The next is water. This is deadly, for both Bubblun and the opponent. This will unleash a big stream of water, which will wash opponents away, but possibly bringing Bubblun with it! It keeps on falling until it fall off the blast zones. Imagine a long range, giant Piplup that can kill the summoner as well as his opponents. This does no damage.

Next is lightning bolts. They, when popped, will shoot in the direction Bubblun was facing, and will keep on going until it passes the blast zones. It does medium knockback, and ten damage. However, it moves quickly and is hard to hit with.

Next are whirlwinds. They are about the size of Bowser. They fly the opposite direction Bubblun was facing for about the length of Smashville. They will capture anyone who touches it for ten damage and no knockback. However, they move very slowly.

Rainbows, when popped, will fall down until they hit the ground. They do eight damage and pull the opponent down with them, although they can be air dodged out of easily. These are great for killing bosses, as they can easily hit numerous times for a quick kill.

The rarest are Fire Orb ones. They make Bubblun fire not bubbles, but fire balls for ten seconds. They do ten damage and medium knockback, and are very quick. This has high range and low lag.

Now that we have covered the special bubbles, back to the floating part. The bubbles stop floating after they are about a Ganondorf height from the blast zone. Then, they can be popped. Blowing lots of bubbles and having them gather together is a wonderful long ranged attack. Each pop does five damage and low knockback, with medium range. However, beware, others can pop your bubbles too. Also, if a normal bubble touches a special bubble, it has a thirty percent chance of becoming a special bubble of the same type. To pop a bubble, attack it or hit it with the top of you head. If someone is in a bubble and you pop it, they receiver medium knockback and nine damage. If you pop it with the top of your head they get high vertical knockback and twelve damage. Button mashing will let you escape the bubble. You can also control the bubble a little bit, so it is possible to not be hit by Bubblun's head. If a bubble pops with an opponent in it naturally, or they break out of it, for ten seconds their attacks are thirty three percent stronger. If you jump onto a bubble and keep on pressing the jump button over and over, it can be a great recovery technique because each time you jump, the bubble rises too, so when you fall, the bubble will be there, allowing you to jump off of it. You can jump off a bubble four times. If you charge it up four bubbles will appear, he will shoot four bubbles in a straight line. This is very useful if everyone else in a one on one on one on one match is teaming up against you.

EDIT: Oh ****. I thought this was fifteen. 9001 sorrys.

DOUBLE EDIT: He logged off anyway? I'm still sorry, really.:(

Baloo

Smash Ace
That's a huge wall of text.
And it's like... green.
I edited it into smaller segments and made the color easier to read.

That's a LONG move. But I trust that all of that detail is necessay.
It is.

But before you read mine, read Espeon. It was supposed to be there, not Bubblun.

@SparkZ: Espeon is great. Huge detail and better organization than before. Definitely one of the better ones in this contest.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Post Count update (top 15):

~Cruxis~ 704
Chris Lionheart 573
Spadefox 383
Hyper_Ridley 382
KingK.Rool 338
Kholdstare 294
SirKibble 267
Smash Daddy 249
SonicBoom2 248
Sonic the Baron 248
Tanookie 233
MasterWarlord 230
goldwyvern 230
Chief Mendez 225
Baloo 199
I'm longer in the top 3?

[Darth Vader] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Baloo

Smash Ace
I ahve the fifteenth most posts. Yippee.

I just realized I have the most movesets if you count joke ones, Ghosts, Pac, Paper Mario, Castform, Blob, Bleck, Christmas Shopper, Captain Falcon, Rosalina and Marx. Ten. Shopper and Falcon were joke ones.

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
'Sigh' School starts back soon, I'm going to have trouble keeping up with the thread since Smashboards is blocked on the computers there.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
@SparkZ: Espeon is great. Huge detail and better organization than before. Definitely one of the better ones in this contest.
I would disagree to an extent.

A lot of the detail is truly randomness. About 1/3 or more of the moveset's length is the horribly overspaced item's list for the Down B. The Down B is btw out of character because Espeon cannot use pickup.

Also moves like the Up Tilt are also random moves, making this moveset look longer than it should actually be.

Its not really huge detail... just huge variety...

Some of the specifics in the detail are also really unnecessary... who needs to know exact degrees when its not something really simple like 360, 90, 180, or 45?

Don't get me wrong... its above average and a great newcomer set... its just shouldn't be placed among the best in the contest without a closer look.

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
Marluxia, The Graceful Assassin, has joined the Clash!!

Marluxia fights using the attribute of flower and wields a large, pink and green scythe.

Marluxia has two forms in the original Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, and three in the Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories remake. While in basic human form, he can attack with his scythe normally, or use it to slash at an enemy from across a distance using energy waves. With his control over flower, Marluxia can create a clone made of flowers, send a flurry of petals at his opponent, and Re CoM, Marluxia uses a sleight in which he creates a powerful shockwave by hitting the ground with his scythe. Like the other Organization members from Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, Marluxia moves by levitating. In the remake, he can also teleport freely. This is also the only form which he is limited by an actual deck, while the final forms merely have cards appear, and do not have to reload.

In his 1st final form, Marluxia makes use of his machine-like Nobody to slash at Sora with it's arms, or fly at him and cause impact damage. He can also use flower petals to fire lasers at Sora, or to fire blasts of energy from the bottom of the contraption. In the remake, the Nobody is also capable of harnessing darkness which it can shrouds the whole field with.

Marluxia's additional final form in the PlayStation 2 remake involves Marluxia and Sora fighting on a larger version of Marluxia's Nobody floating in a starry-night environment surrounded by circulating rings. A large angelic Nobody stands behind him wielding a gigantic scythe. Marluxia is held in one place surrounded by Nobody thorns. From there, he fights mainly by commanding the Nobody which can create shockwaves, shoot a sweeping laser, blow gusts of wind that prevent Sora from moving forward, and create a whirlwind that scatters all of Sora's cards, including his reload bar. Sora must pick up the cards to reclaim them, and he must pick up the reload to to be able to reload again. Marluxia's most notable sleight however, is a sleight in which he shoots Nobody thorns that triggers a death countdown timer, where the counter counts down to zero, causing death if not repelled. He also reuses the flower petals which fire lasers.

In Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix, Marluxia returns in an optional battle with new tactics,and wielding the attribute, flower. He begins the battle by whispering in Sora's ear, which causes a countdown timer to appear above Sora's head based on his current level, similar to the hit point condition of the Titan Cup. He then spends most of the battle attacking Sora relentlessly with his scythe, which deals no damage, but instead reduces the timer's count by one for each hit. If the timer reaches zero, Sora loses the battle, but the timer can be increased by using the reaction command "Rob Count", in which Sora grabs Marluxia's scythe, knocks him into the air and hurls the scythe at him. Marluxia also can conjure up black circles which cover most of the floor and deal damage to Sora's HP, but leave the death timer unaffected. Marluxia also wheels around the floor swinging his scythe, and can hover above Sora attacking him with his scythe while making pillars sprout up from the ground and deal damage to Sora.

Statistics (Out of 10)

Size: 9 (He's the tallest member)

Weight: 7 (That height does something!)

Jump: 7 (He hovers off of the ground.)

Double Jump: 6 (Here's when weight applies.)

Physical Strength: 7 (He's actually really muscular despite his feminine appearance!)

Magical Strength: 6 (He's pretty balanced.)

Attack Speed: 8 (OMG THAT'S AMAZING)

Movement Speed: 8 (He's even faster than Falcon!)

Falling Speed: 6 (Well, he's average weight. It makes sense)

Magic Range: 8 (Almost as good as Zexion's)

Physical Range: 6 (This is the length of his scythe being put to work.)

Float: Yes

Crouch: No

Crawl: No

Wall Cling: Yes

Difficulty to Control: 8 at first, then becomes a 2 or 3.

Standard Moves Note: All moves are listed as such: Button, movement, damage, knockback, and # of hits

A: horizontal swing with his scythe; 7%; No; 1 hit

A, A: horizontal then vertical swings; 13%; No; 2 hits

Full A Combo: Horizontal, Vertical, Stab with top; 20%; Yes, on last hit; 3 Hits

Up Tilt: Upward stab; 8%; No; 1 hit

Side Tilt: Stab with scythe; 10%; No; 1 hit

Up Smash: A fast, arc-like motion with his scythe; 15%; Yes; 1

Side Smash: A fast and heavy horizontal slash with his scythe; 17%; Yes; 1

Down Smash: A heavy, downward slash with the scythe; 20% or 25%; Yes; 1 or 2 hits: 1 if only when scythe hits ground, 2 if caught in blade during beginning slash

Dash: Marluxia spins his scythe after dashing; Yes, on 2nd hit; 2 hits in quick succession
Special Moves (Magic)

B: Sakura Bullet: Marluxia shoots sakura petals from his hand. Note: This can be charged; 3% per hit; No; Up to 5 hits, making 15% at most.

Up: Phase Through: Marluxia teleports in a flurry of sakura petals. Note: The spring board does count; No Damage; No; 0 hits

Side: Sakura Cannon: Marluxia turns his scythe into some sort of RPG, and shoots a large missile-like entity of sakura petals; 20%; Yes; 1 hit

Down: Sakura Decoy: Marluxia surrounds a clone of himself with sakura petals, and if the clone gets hit while the petals are up, the real Marluxia appears behind the attacker and slices them; 30%; Yes; 1 hit

Aerial

Nair: Marluxia Spins while holding his scythe; 7%; No; 1 hit

Uair: Marluxia stabs upward with his scythe; 9%; No; 1 hit

Fair: Marluxia swings his scythe like a club; 10%; No; 1 hit

Bair: Marluxia stabs backwards with the bottom of his scythe; 15%; No; 1 hit

Dair: Marluxia stabs downward with the bottom of his scythe 4 times, the last being the strongest hit; 5%, 5%, 5%, 7%; Yes, downward on last hit; 4 hits

Final Smash

The Final Bloom: Marluxia rises to the top of the screen, and unleashes a wind blowing a massive amount of razor sharp sakura petals from above the screen.. Then the wind stops, and the remaining petals fall to the ground. All of the petals explode upon touching the ground; Instant death; Yes, off-screen; 139%

Miscellaneous

Taunts: I'm sure you can think of something that fits his personality.

Unlock Message:

Beware the Petals...Marluxia, the Graceful Assassin, has joined the brawl!

Victory Phrases:
1:"Sulk in despair."
2:"The beginning of the end."
3:"Easy."

Loss Pose: Marluxia just stands and scowls.

Codec:
Snake: Who's that girl?
Mei Ling: That's not a girl, Snake. That's Marluxia. Organization XIII's number XI.
S: WHAT?! *nosebleeds* What man could be so feminine?
M: Apparently, HIM.
S: What are his powers?
M: Um...flowers.
S: *laughs* FLOWERS?!
M: Don't underestimate him, snake. The flowers are just a distraction so that he can catch you by surprise.
S: Such pretty flowers...*drools*
M: Snake, NO!!

Stage: 13th Floor

Song: Lord of the Castle

Link: http://www.imeem.com/people/sLt4zh/music/gCLeW8Z9/yoko_shimomura_lord_of_the_castle/

Finally!!! Happy?

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
Marluxia, The Graceful Assassin, has joined the Clash!!
Grr...darn, you beat me to it. His stats seem a little too good, but you haven't actually started the moveset yet.

BTW it's generally frowned upon to post an incomplete moveset. Just saying.

i'm now above mendez and warlord in posts! :bee:!
O YAH WHICH MEANS--

Oh, wait...it doesn't mean anything. :ohwell:

EDIT: #15

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
@Marluxia: Like Tanookie said, those states seem incredibly broken. I'd suggest adding what they're out of as you say that Marluxia's weight is a 7 but you later go on to say "Falling Speed: 6 (Well, he's light. It makes sense.)"

Basically just clear up what they're out of.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Marluxia is powerful and all, but in Brawl, EVERYONE is nerfed, even Sephiroth and Jesus Christ. Promising, but those stats can ruin it for his playstyle. Metaknight isn't even close to his tier.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Kibble's posted a new chapter of the Chaos Theory.

LINKAGE BE HERE!

Chapter 2: Close Encounters

Users with movesets in this chapter:

cheap_josh
Chief Mendez
Hyper_Ridley
SirKibble (yay, that's me!)

As well as a Brawl cast of Mario, Luigi, Kirby, DK, Diddy, Falcon, and Sonic..

SparkZ

Smash Cadet
Thanks, Chris Lionheart. I made the item list slightly more readable, but I took some issues with what you said. About Espeon not learning Pickup, I said, back on page 385 that every attack is a real move that Espeon can learn, except for pickup and fling. So I took a few creative liberties, so what? They borrowed attacks from other characters for Ness and Lucas and other characters. Even the Dimentino moveset used some spirits from different games! Besides, items are an integral part of Pokemon, so I felt that I had to incorperate it somehow. Also, there is actually a decent amount of detail, but I agree with you on the variety part. About half of the moveset is 6 moves in particular. Psychic(variety), Hidden Power(variety), Secret Power(variety), Rain Dance, Sunny Day, and Pickup(variety). Also, about the degrees part, does every attack in Brawl send the opponent either up, down, sideways, or diagonally? Oh No!! Pikachu's forward smash sent the opponent BETWEEN 45 degrees and 0 degrees! ERROR ERROR DOES NOT COMPUTE!!! I was being exact. Finally, I don't want to win this contest. It was fun to submit and write it. I am just happy if it gets into the top 50.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
It occurs to me that people actually commented on my character-specific MMGS blog, and that most of the commenters are also MYM regulars. So I figured it would be easier to say thank you here, and encourage you guys to think up of more because I'm getting schooled starting tomorrow.

Now for something slightly more relevant:

With all these BBQ's floating around, I suddenly want some of my characters in them. Namely the SOS Brigade Girls, as they aren't simply generic monsters or obscure platformer heroes. Maybe I should make Ryoko Asakura as a boss to double the incentive. The yummy, yummy incentive.

Seriously, it wouldn't be hard to include Haruhi & Co. in any BBQ at all. She can be the deus ex machina, the reason why anything absurd happens, the cause of everything. Whatever.

Now how many attacks do bosses usually have again?

Baloo

Smash Ace
the reason why anything absurd happens,
In my BBQ, nothing that is not absurd happens. Everything must be completely ridiculous.

And bosses can have four attacks, or twenty attacks. I'd say a normal one would have about thirteen or so.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
UNOFFICIAL ESPEON REVIEW

I dunno, I'm not too fond of Espeon. I mean, I really like the Pokemon, but you have TONS of excess detail in there, almost rivalling Robotnik. Not to mention you list all of those animations, when almost all of them are just standard flips, dodges, etc. If it's not necessary, don't put it. Many of the attacks are unique, but almost TOO unique, if that makes sense.

Like Hidden Power, for example. tl;dr. That gargantuan paragraph describing all those formulas...FAIL.

All those who want to have math problems in their MYM sets, please raise your hand.

*Cricket chirps*

Exactly.

And Pickup? Urgh, no thanks. Way too variable to have any bearing on an actual match. You'd probably never get the item you were hoping for...and that brings me to another point: there are about six berries in that list with the EXACT SAME EFFECT. Why are all of them there? And you do realize that 1/8 of your health can be pretty large depending on your current percentage? And how can Espeon eat a berry to cure freeze if it's frozen?

My other issue with the moveset is that it's not true to the character. Hell, you could probably replace any other Pokemon with it and it wouldn't be any different. I mean, none of the moves (except the Psychic-type moves) are associated with Espeon. The trick to making a good Pokemon moveset is choosing moves that are associated with that Pokemon, not just any random move they can use.

Basically, it looks like you're just trying to put in as many Pokemon moves as you can, and it makes your set feel sloppy and disconnected. I'd stick to a few key Psychic type moves as attacks, instead of using random moves like "Giga Impact" for your Final Smash or weather-changing moves as aerials. Just doesn't fit, man.

And taunts shouldn't heal BTW.

I'M DONE

Smady

Smash Master
Because it's silly. :laugh:

Taunts are extras - you don't see characters getting bonuses on their respective stages or getting extra points for using the lightsaber because their emblem is a sword, it's all optional stuff so it shouldn't matter in terms of combat.

Still, I like Espeon. I think, though, you [SparkZ] need a bit more experience before your movesets can be judged as 'some of the best'. ;)

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Because I will need to draw some stuff for my 2nd SM chapter, I will post the first bit, as this will also make it easier for me to add colour and stuff.

http://www.smashboards.com/news/blogs/130666/905/the-chaos-of-construction-my-ops

Be warned it is only a couple of paragraphs
short
long, but it may be a while before I get the pictures finished, and the final part of the chapter completed.

People who may be interested:

-Sir Kibble

Yeah, it's that good.
/sarcasm :p

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Hehe- is that Brain from Arthur with Brain from Animaniacs face over him?

If so, cool- the Library card episode of that was too good.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
But, why not? :(
What Kupa said. Taunts that do significant things need to be handled carefully.

Because I will need to draw some stuff for my 2nd SM chapter, I will post the first bit, as this will also make it easier for me to add colour and stuff.

http://www.smashboards.com/news/blogs/130666/905/the-chaos-of-construction-my-ops

Be warned it is only a couple of paragraphs
short
long, but it may be a while before I get the pictures finished, and the final part of the chapter completed.

People who may be interested:

-Sir Kibble

Yeah, it's that good.
/sarcasm :p
Looking forward to how the rest of the chapter pans out. I like what I see so far. :)

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Is Protoman's stage called Protoman's Fortress, or does it have a fancier name?

I'd post all I have done up to now, but the next part needs pictures to make sense, and I haven't had time to draw them yet.

Thank you for reading :).

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Because it's silly. :laugh:

Taunts are extras - you don't see characters getting bonuses on their respective stages or getting extra points for using the lightsaber because their emblem is a sword, it's all optional stuff so it shouldn't matter in terms of combat.
Unless they are extremely long and punishable, that would be a camper's dream.
What Kupa said. Taunts that do significant things need to be handled carefully.
*grumbleLuigi'stauntisanattackgrumble*

You're all right though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom