• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

KY_Des

Smash Ace
haha yea I've noticed. I go to ur page and I'm like "****, who's this?" Then I see the Marth's Got Nothin pic and I'm awww ok, that is Arkive haha.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
So I will be heading to Olathe to earn some money for the tournament, so I might or might not be here for Wed. meet up.

I also have a question for you guys...

You think I'd look good with my hair shaved?

Fino

Smash Master
So I will be heading to Olathe to earn some money for the tournament, so I might or might not be here for Wed. meet up.

if I weren't working today, I'd say come over to my house!
holy moses... if you're still here tomorrow, me and you should definitely hang out.
I'll get arkive 8bit and duck to come too if I can ;)

~Fino

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX

if I weren't working today, I'd say come over to my house!
holy moses... if you're still here tomorrow, me and you should definitely hang out.
I'll get arkive 8bit and duck to come too if I can ;)

~Fino

:laugh:Ha ha! We'll see. I need to finish the stuff I need to get done with the things of the reason why I coming up there first.

zeton....... you wouldnt be zeton without your hair. its like your distinguishing feature. like affinities hair. that would be scary to see him without it.
Lol I know...It's just that I think I need to get a hair cut more...appropriate? So I can be taken seriously while I'm looking for a job :)

Holms

Smash Ace
Hey, in Brawl+, is there any fatigue at all? You know, like stale moves and that sort of thing? The reason I ask is because, as far as I know, the codes used on PT eliminate fatigue altogether with PT and no one else. If that's the case, then isn't that...well, unfair?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Hey, in Brawl+, is there any fatigue at all? You know, like stale moves and that sort of thing? The reason I ask is because, as far as I know, the codes used on PT eliminate fatigue altogether with PT and no one else. If that's the case, then isn't that...well, unfair?
nonononononononono

PT Fatigue and Stale Moves are two completely different things.

Stale Moves apply to every character, including PT. It's when a move used, its damage and knockback dealt is decreased; using other moves will freshen up that move.

PT Fatigue is specific to PT. It's when his Pokemon are out for a certain amount of time, they get weaker. After a while of them being out, you'll notice that they'll look tired which lets you know they're really fatigued. Sam would be able to give you a better explanation though.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
stale moves and fatigue are separate mechanics

but they do the same thing, which is weaken the damage and knockback on your moves

stale moves applies to all characters and almost all moves. an exception is samus's zair, for example. i hear zamus's nair is also an exception. stale moves weakens the last 9 (?) moves you hit the opponent with, and if a move repeats itself, that move will be even weaker. etc etc.

fatigue is exclusive to the pokemon trainer pokemon where they each have a timer of two minutes before they are completely fatigued. this two minute timer counts down regardless of what the pokemon is doing, even standing. in fact, the timer starts counting before the match even officially starts, when the pokemon first makes its entrance out of the poke ball. (lol)

when there's between 30-40 seconds before the timer runs out, the pokemon will start to show signs of fatigue. this is where their normal standing pose changes and they look more tired. once they start to show this fatigue, a multiplier for their attacks starts decreasing from 1 (no sign of fatigue) to .70 (totally fatigued, the timer has run out). so totally fatigued, attacks will do 70% of their normal damage, and i assume 70% of their normal knockback as well.

but, that's not all! any attack that isn't a jab, grab, pummel, or throw (not sure about the throw) will remove exactly one second from the timer. so if you've used 30 attacks with your pokemon, it will start to show signs of fatigue (and the fatigue multiplier will start to decrease) after about one minute. 20 attacks, about 1:20 into the timer. etc.

...yep.

Holms

Smash Ace
That's not that bad. PT still owns.

In my experience with Squirtle, full fatigue = more racking up of damage due to less knockback. With Ivysaur...well, no one uses him for some reason. And for Charizard, he still kills me with just about any kill move, namely his forward smash. If you never use it (since it's so slow, I don't think anyone does), you don't even have to worry about full fatigue!

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
fatigue also reduces the amount of damage you do. combos won't do more damage when you are fatigued.

charizard is a really good character. even with fatigue he's a good character. you cannot say the same for the other two.

charizard's forward smash also sucks. lol.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412

SBR Official SSBB Tier List v2.0

God Tier
Meta Knight

Top Tier
Snake

High/Top Tier
Falco
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Marth
Diddy Kong

High Tier
Wario
R.O.B.
Lucario
Olimar

Middle/High Tier
Pikachu
Kirby
Donkey Kong
Ice Climbers

Middle Tier
Zero Suit Samus
Toon Link
Pit
Peach
Wolf

Low/Middle Tier
Luigi
Zelda
Bowser
Fox
Sheik
Ike

Low Tier
Mario
Lucas
Ness
Samus
Sonic
Pokémon Trainer
Yoshi

Bottom Tier
Link
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon​

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
fools weren't manly enough to put trainer into poo tier

oh god i haven't slept in a day. i'm so tired that i think i just made a sonic/pt board alliance

for the lulz

i like telling people that i think pt should both move to the top of FFFFFF UR SELF tier and move into GGGGod have mercy on us tier.

BoJangles

Smash Journeyman
Not too many big movers on that list; I guess I really didn't expect any.

In other news, I come back to Wichita on Thursday. Can we have a Smash night somewhere on Friday? Admittedly, I'm very desperate for some offline action.

Karmacide

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I was trying to install homebrew for my cousin yesterday and I realized that my Nunchuck is missing. The last time I used it was to install homebrew for someone.

I'm thinking that I left the nunchuck plugged in to whoever's wiimote that I last used to install homebrew.

So if anyone noticed that they have an extra nunchuck, it's probably mine.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
as soon as i saw pit's placing i thought "**** ky nikkuh was right" :\

i'm so happy! i play the 6th worst character in the game, and the worst newcomer. makes me proud. only joe can say he mains a worse character than i do.

i'm also itching for some brawl.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
SBR Official SSBB Tier List v2.0

God Tier
Meta Knight​

Jesus Tier
Snake​

Top Tier
Falco
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Marth
Diddy Kong​

High Tier
Wario
R.O.B.
Lucario
Olimar​

Upper Mid Tier
Pikachu
Kirby
Donkey Kong
Ice Climbers​

Mid Tier
Zero Suit Samus
Toon Link
Pit
Peach
Wolf​

Lower Middle Tier
Luigi
Zelda
Bowser
Fox
Sheik
Ike​

Low Tier
Mario
Lucas
Ness
Samus
Sonic
Pokémon Trainer
Yoshi​

Bottom Tier
Link
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf​

Captain Falcon Tier
Captain Falcon​
fixed

Lern to name bettr

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Alright np. Try to bring them to wherever we meet on Wednesday on SD card or something if you can.

EDIT: I was talking to AA, and he was explaining to me how stage striking one stage every time give the first striker a significant disadvantage:

Amazing Ampharos said:
It's actually pretty simple, and it's the reason 3 stage striking can never be fair (the only positive odd number that doesn't work). It's all about the fact that you could strike a stage that I would have struck. For instance, at CDF2, I wanted to strike Final Destination and Yoshi's Island Brawl in general, but if someone was so kind as to strike one of those for me (usually Yoshi's), I would strike Pokemon Stadium 1 instead. The more I'm forced to pick before you, the less opportunity I have to see you strike Yoshi's and let me strike Pokemon Stadium 1. Let's say when we get down to three stages we have Yoshi's, Pokemon, and Smashville left. Let's say we would both strike Yoshi's next, but my second priority is Pokemon while yours is Smashville. Whoever goes second gets his favorite stage of the remaining three; it's an obvious advantage. Making the order 1-2-1 makes striking order not matter at all since the in exchange for getting to go last (the most valuable strike) the player also must go first (the least valuable strike) while the other player gets the two in the middle (for seven stage striking, it's 1-2-2-1 which is fair too).
Should we switch the rules at the Bi-weeklies and NO KOAST to a 1-2-1 style of striking? Let me know what you think.

Clel

Smash Journeyman
aww and mindgaming your opponent into striking a stage first was so fun =*(

Going second still is the better choice however, since with the exception of the first staged striked you completely control what the final two would be. In fact you can have even more control by leaving them a poor stage along with a great one, forcing them to strike the poor stage and end up on a stage of your choice...

Oh the hidden depth within stage striking lawls.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Too complicated. Rock Paper Scissors for the advantage just like anything else. That's how it's done everywhere else and if it's good enough for America it's good enough for me.

Where would you keep your phone?

Top Bottom