• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I've heard Kirby has a decent matchup against falcon.
If true, why?
LOL no. Kirby just has some decent edgeguarding, some better than usual uptilt combos (compared to kirby's uptilt juggles on other characters), and he can duck under grab which also crouch cancels falcon's nair.

Everything else is terrible. If falcon spaces correctly Kirby can't do much of anything, he is combo fodder, and he is easy to edgeguard and is light. This isn't a good matchup.

Tero.

Smash Champion
lol after alll kirby is just a bottom tier character and falcon is like ... the manliest chracter in the fukcin game

MarkLoo

Smash Ace
lol wut mark? what an odd question.
I'm pretty sure it was a Vanz vs Scar match with commentary and one of the commentators said Falcon was one of Kirby's few decent matchups gainst high tiers. I'll see if i can find it.
Thanks for the answers NES and doom.
Edit: It was vs UltimaScout
and the commentator said it was "not complete garbage" >.>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GRBDAtNNZk

Tero.

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure it was a Vanz vs Scar match with commentary and one of the commentators said Falcon was one of Kirby's few decent matchups gainst high tiers. I'll see if i can find it.
Thanks for the answers NES and doom.
Edit: It was vs UltimaScout
and the commentator said it was "not complete garbage" >.>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GRBDAtNNZk
Decent probably compared to other high tier match ups, still not actually good :)

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Falcon in general doesn't do any better against low tiers than he does high tiers. So that's actually believable. Some even say he gets countered by Mewtwo and Ness.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Falcon in general doesn't do any better against low tiers than he does high tiers. So that's actually believable. Some even say he gets countered by Mewtwo and Ness.
If you didn't say M2 i would think your talkin about bralw

Tero.

Smash Champion
I agree with papermarkis. I guess you guys haven't played any competent m2, pika or kirby player ?
I played KingKirby90 who was considered as the best or one of the best Kirbys in the world back then.

NES n00b

Smash Master
I agree with papermarkis. I guess you guys haven't played any competent m2, pika or kirby player ?
Yup, I have. Probably much better players then who you have played.

He didn't say Pikachu as one of the characters so that has nothing to do with anything. Pikachu, yes, is a pretty even matchup, but Mewtwo and Kirby are terrible matchups. Just out right terrible ones. Kirby does better than other bottom tiers sure but it is still a terrible matchup.

And since he mentioned Ness, I am going to tell you right now that it is terrible, too.

Doomgaze

Smash Apprentice
Papermarks was talking about low tiers, and afaik, Pikachu is LT. I also only concurred that there seems to be quite a few people who thinks that some low/bottom tiers fare pretty well against CF.

The "kirby vs cf" matchup was recently discussed in my local area and it was pretty much agreed among the better players around that Kirby can at least put up an even fight on some of the maps (in particular on brinstar).

Also I wasn't trying to bash on anyone by asking if you had ever played competent LTs, though I realize I made it sound a bit like that ;)

G@BE

Smash Lord
I think it's on okay match up.

Pikachu can do some nasty things to Falcon

Kirby is the same way... but i really think that is the player more then anything. KrazyKirbyKid is probably the best Kirby out there and he is ****.

I don't know about mewtwo though.... at all... From what i know Falcon destroys that vile creature

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
About the Mewtwo match-up: it depends on the skill levels of the players.

I can counter C. Falcon with Mewtwo, partally because I also PLAY C. Falcon, and kinda know what to expect. My C. Falcon is still progressing,(Call me a high level semi-pro with a low level pro Mewtwo.) but Mewtwo can do several things to punish a sloppy C. Falcon, and can gimp his recovery in a way that only Jiggs can, even if the Falcon player is being careful. That being said, C. Falcon can slaughter Mewtwo straight up, but the match is still winnable for either of them. For instance, I know that it's a little old, but watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FEzDY4PvXs

@ JonaDaiper: Thanks. I'm still practicing it.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
kirby players only like falcon because marth fox falco sheik are pretty much impossible

i switched to fox to beat n64 last time i played him, we've gone even in the past though. g reg switched to fox for anther too last time he played him i know, pikachu has some annoying tricks like dsmash that mess with falcon.

falcon is one of link's worst matchups though, and zelda gets rocked pretty hard too.

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol I missed so much. I'll come back post-2009. Pika is gay but you can **** him... same goes for all of the low tiers, there are matchup trixies and if you don't know what low tiers are capable of they will beat you. Falcon has a stronger on-stage game than all of them though, so if you're careful and don't fall for low-tier gimmicks CF has a STRONG advantage over basically every low tier character.

That said, the matchup vs Pikachu is even on FD.

NES n00b

Smash Master
jeez n my friends say falcon's cheap lol

neways what advanteges ness has against falcon? i just dont see it
He doesn't really. His fair can beat falcon approaches if spaced and timed right.....and he can djc upair combo. He can also sorta edgeguard ok (only cause he is falcon). The only other advantage I can think of is he has a small hitbox making him harder to hit.

Falcon ***** this matchup.
In before old vids of mow vs scar get linked

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Just run back and forth until Ness approaches or retreats or does anything basically and then **** him for whatever he does, mostly with grab, but you could probably use other moves too. Don't get cornered.

If he tries to space Dash Attack on you, jump over it and hit him during his filthy, filthy lag. If he jumps back and Fairs a lot, wait for him to land and **** him.

Kike_Ichigo

Smash Cadet
Happy new Year for all the Falcon Mainers!!! xD

And Yes Pikachu is the freaking hell´s rat... I mean his Uair is ****ing annoying just for advice... dont fall in the trap... most of the Low Tiers have too wait for 1 hit and most of them have too be more creative.... so... if you are fighting a Low Tier they have posibilities but the problem is.... if they could do it if you interrup their plan... if they are waiting for a Dsmash DD and Grab or wait for an Miss Grab and Stomp... most of them will have too wait for you and then you have the fight... if you keep pressure on him wou will win... cause you have the priority and the 0-Death Combos ^^ you just have too be smarter too win a low-Tier Match xD

Reaver197

Smash Lord
lol, Scar

I have a question about Jigglypuff. What options does Falcon have against a Jiggs that is doing her little DI-back-and-forth-while-bairing routine. I remember you saying to try and bair Jiggly in a previous post on her, but while she's doing her bair dance thing, it's tough to get a decisive hit in before you get hit or at least trade blows. Nair just gets plain outprioritized, dairing from above is just too easy to see and prepare for, and I've tried utilizing some low uair scoops, but that seems avoided or attacked through.

Currently the best thing I've been able to come up with is running in, shielding a hit, then shield grabbing, but I know that won't work for long. I've been thinking maybe there is some promise in baiting and pivot smashing? But, I dunno. I never play a Jiggly regularly enough to find out what to do, lol.

Milos

Smash Lord
mikael shield grabbing jiggs is very legit I have to admit. there is a pretty big window to grab between bairs so it's not that punishable.

running up and shielding is a good option because if they read the shield grab and double jump before you grab them than you can short hop uair out of shield it *****.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
you gotta shield grab right away though, cause if they land and duck you'll get rested. move around a lot, jump over them to the other side and stuff, get them to jump higher to chase you. then you can get down to the ground way faster than jiggs and punish her that way, or stomp her if she doesnt come up to chase you.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Jiggs is gay, bair is really your only reliable option, but in the battle vs Jiggs you really can never let her get too comfortable. If you aren't pressuring her enough with bairs and stomps and she has time to set up the wall, you're in for a ****ty stock.

Try to keep her at bay, your opportunities to attack are not frequent vs Jiggs, and running in is scary b/c of utilt>rest, duck under grab>rest, and getting grabbed uthrow>uair>rest. Once you do get a hit and Jiggs is on the defensive, keep attacking, put pressure on and make sure you capitalize on her mistakes.

The grabs you do get should be followed up by dthrows, and if you don't think you can knee her just go for a uair and try to stay under her.

But answering your question, if she has already set up the wall and is doing that crap, if you're in the middle of the stage you really don't have much to worry about, but if you're at the edge of the stage you really want to try to get around/behind her. This is difficult but work your sheild, uair if she goes high enough, dj over her if she stays low, and otherwise just turn around and try to counter her moves w/ bairs.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
jiggs vs falcon is even

=P

and i think ima make

a ask mango stuff thread

with every character

LOl

i got this

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Ah, thanks for all the advice guys. I'll definitely try to incorporate it the next time I can and see how it goes.

G@BE

Smash Lord
How will scar deal with Mango's thread. Even though i did post in it... I still got ya back scarsies T_T

-gabe

Mokumo

Smash Ace
yo scar,

Roman was telling me about how amazing you are against falco, and even eggm has to counterpick fox against you. Personally, i have a really hard time against falco. As soon as I get hit its either a death combo or a good 30-50%. When i finally manage to get a nair or grab in I can tech chase and sometimes I pull off some pretty epic stuff. But what usually happens is that I miss a grab and I get ***** by the shine, when I do a dair just a little too late I get ***** by up tilt, or (what usually happens) they tech the right way and I cant follow up, and it's even again, which means the falco has the advantage. ghey.

youll probably just tell me to work on my nairs, but whenever i flail nairs at a falco i get laser'd and then the **** continues.

I only got to play a few times this weekend at CT, but it was hella fun. Every time I see you play you get so much better, but I was glad that you only two stocked me this time haha

relax

Top Bottom