• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Ok, so since jimnymebob is unable to do Vexen with me, i have decided to complete him by myself. Here are his Standard Moves.

Basic Moves - Standards

A: Vexen yells, "Ha!" and swings his shield to deal at least 5%. At sweet spot, the move deals about 7-8%. The move has very tiny lag, and is a basic move for n00bs and veterans alike!

A combo: Vexen yells, "Ha, "Hoo," "Hah" during his swings of Freeze Pride. The first 2 hits are horizontal, and the last hit is vertical, causing some knockback and 15% total. This is where the 2nd part of the "combo" jimnymebob posted comes in handy. After the opponent is knocked into the air, you can follow up with another smash, preferably his side smash.

Side Smash: Vexen yells "Heyyah!" and stabs with Freeze Pride, almost like if he were punching someone. It causes about 9-10% with minimal knockback, but when sweet-spotted, this move can be a *****. When sweet-spotted it can cause up t0 13%. When at high percentages(when not sweet-spotted), this move can cause very high horizontal knockback. The best choice when finishing the A combo, although it has some lag when starting.

Down smash: Vexen Yells, "Freeze!" and positions both hands outwards and fires small icicles in either direction. While weak(only dealing 3% per icicle), this move creates good stun against grounded opponents. But if an opponent is falling, it is not the best choice. The move has some starting lag, which means you would have to have very precise timing on when to perform the move. If the move connects, however, it renders the falling opponent helpless. Only a good choice if you know whento use it.

Up Smash: Vexen yells, "Below zero!" and causes a flurry of snowflakes to propel upwards. It has a seconds worth of lag, due to the phrase, and is only a good choice after Vexen's Up Throw. It can cause only up to 12%, making it a weak move, but can become dangerous as it has the potential for KO at high percentages due to its high knock back. It is also good for a team juggle, since a team member can jump in while the target is falling, and can use a move with good knockback.

So. What do you think? I want your honest opinions! I can take it!
  1. The A combo is overpowered.
  2. Vexen is a hermaphrodite that did too much PCP
  3. The smash implementation is unique
  4. lolchillinz

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
A combo: Vexen yells, "Ha, "Hoo," "Hah" during his swings of Freeze Pride. The first 2 hits are horizontal, and the last hit is vertical, causing some knockback and 15% total. This is where the 2nd part of the "combo" jimnymebob posted comes in handy. After the opponent is knocked into the air, you can follow up with another smash, preferably his side smash.
That A combo is devestatingly overpowered. IT'S STRONGER THAN ONE OF HIS SMASHES.

Anyway, who want's a preview for L?

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
L Preview

Side Tilt: Capoeira Kick- L quickly plants his left hand a tiny bit in front of him, moving him a tiny bit forward. He then shifts all his weight forward, planting his right hand in the process. While his legs swing forward, L sticks his right foot in a kicking manner and has his left leg slightly bent to keep his balance. After the kick (which does 7% damage with little knockback), L swings his body backwards and resumes his standing animation. This move has little starting lag and a bit of ending lag.

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
ok...

@skylerocon---don't be such a jerk. you could say it nicer, kinda like the way khold said it. and it's not a wetdream. he's my favorite organization member, and i would like to give him a little more screen time and popularity.
@khold---well, at least you said it nicer.
@sundance---ok, ok, i get the point it's way to strong----off-subject...nice move! i've always liked death note and i think L is cool.
@ all three of you---you wouldn't have to continue the combo, you just could. and i fixed him. the A combo is now less powerful, and i added a couple % on to the smash that was previously too weak.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
The moves are decent outside the A combo, but they aren't terribly captivating. Still, it's better then your previous efforts without a doubt.

@ Bonkers: Thank you for making him! *Goes to edit credited person in SM* Considering how often I have Bonkers show up along with Dedede, I'll be sure to put in some actual references to the moveset to have his levels take advantage of it now. Considering several of your movesets haven't been reviewed, perhaps you could request this one to be reviewed so we could try to buff it up to the quality of your other sets? Just a thought. What you have for how much time you were given is amazing.

I just finished fully reading Cortez in detail. Expect his review tomorrow.

And if you should redo any Kirby character, Kibble, it should be Meta Knight. Dedede is well done (Save balance) while Meta Knight is one of Sakurai's worst creations.

Although Dedede's down special is far from that interesting.

His dthrow is also the root of all evil.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
@ Bonkers: Thank you for making him! *Goes to edit credited person in SM* Considering how often I have Bonkers show up along with Dedede, I'll be sure to put in some actual references to the moveset to have his levels take advantage of it now. Considering several of your movesets haven't been reviewed, perhaps you could request this one to be reviewed so we could try to buff it up to the quality of your other sets? Just a thought. What you have for how much time you were given is amazing.
Eh... I'm not really sure I care to give too much more time to this one. This is exactly how I would create movesets strictly for fun. I had a lot of fun with Bonkers, and taking time to improve his quality might kill it for me. I dunno, we'll see. If I get some free time after I've finished up everything else, maybe I'll think about some edits.

EDIT: Though I just realized that the FS isn't exactly useable from the air, so I'll be fixing that.

And if you should redo any Kirby character, Kibble, it should be Meta Knight. Dedede is well done (Save balance) while Meta Knight is one of Sakurai's worst creations.
Yeah, outside of Specials (all of which are fine, except for balance/glitch issues), Meta Knight is undoubtedly the most boring moveset in Brawl. Still, I'm not too big on revamping existing characters...

Although Dedede's down special is far from that interesting.
I think it's excusable, being taken directly from an attack that the Hammer ability grants.

His dthrow is also the root of all evil.
Does that therefore mean that anyone who uses it is evil? Hmm, Warlord? Does it? (needs a suspicious smiley here)

Also, thanks Fil, that was a favorite move of mine as I thought it up. :p

SirKibble

Smash Champion
btw, kibble, what did u think of my vexen preview??
Hope you don't mind I lay out some pros and cons here:

On the good side, I think this is looking to be your best moveset yet. I'm liking that you seem to be giving more thorough descriptions than before, and it all sounds true to character (though, admittedly, I don't know the character at all). Also, it's good to see a lot of the important details in there, as well as the mention of potential uses of the moves. That all looks great.

A couple things you could probably improve on, though, are to focus more on Smash details and maybe a little less on intricacies and aesthetics. While telling us exactly what Vexen yells for every move is fine, it shouldn't come before some of the more necessary details. I noted, in particular, that most of your attacks lacked anything about speed. An understandable oversight, but if I told you Ike's and Marth's Side Smash without mentioning speed, you wouldn't understand much of a different except how they looked and the fact that Marth's can sweetspot, while we all know that speed is a huge difference between the two.

My only other issue is (and this may very well be addressed earlier in the actual moveset), what is "Freeze Pride," for those of us who aren't as familiar with the character/game/universe?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Now if only the moveset review process could be so revitalized.....
Working on it!

Yay! Mendez is back! Glad to see ya!
o.o

...You...can see me? Man, I need to get a new cardboard box...

So Mendez the magnificent has came back ay? So your internetz didn't die?

I was wondering if you went AWOL for so long, we would need a replacement for you.

now for Iron Thorn and Fawriel to return again.

Good thing i haven't posted Undead hero yet, you would've missed it Mendez
1. No, it's dead now. Which is why I haven't really been "active active", even though I'm "active."

2. The only thing better than one Mendez is two Mendezes. :bee:
OH GOD QUICK SOMEBODY--WHAT'S THE PROPER PLURAL FORM OF "MENDEZ"
3. That'll be the (awesome) day.

4. ...Oh, right. I had forgotten you were working on that. Yeah, ready and waiting man...

Mendez is back? :)
No! :bee:

I made that Haruhi moveset that I'd been complaining about for months. It's on a page, somewhere. O I found it.
Yup yup, working on it. Still working on it...

Okay let's stop with this. Cat pictures are painfully only funny in certain environments anymore, and this ain't one of them.

Well I've got some good news and some bad news...the good news is that I updated Shanoa with some new music, changed her smashes slightly, altered the horribly cheesy names I had before and just all around made her more awesome. The link's in my sig, if you haven't checked out Shanoa yet I'd certainly recommend it; she's my best moveset ever by far.

The bad news however is that with all my moveset ideas, I have no will whatsoever to do a moveset for Carmilla at the current time, so I'll be dropping her until MYM5...I think it was only Spade and Tanookie that were looking forward to that one but...I have so many movesets in the works that I have no time for everyone's favorite dominatrix vampire...
"Ferocious Falcir" sounds pretty cheesy from where I'm standing. Just saying...

...Though the name of the Down Air makes up for it twofold. :bee:
Also: dude, dude...don't do Carmilla. Like, at all. I know the enormous breasts-in-a-rubber-band are enticing...but she was a minor character in Circle, and a silly one in Judgment.

That was ridiculous. I don't even read Wallflower and I still enjoyed myself. Awesome. :bee:

B Down: Like Bowser's

Side Tilt: Capoeira Kick- L quickly plants his left hand a tiny bit in front of him, moving him a tiny bit forward. He then shifts all his weight forward, planting his right hand in the process. While his legs swing forward, L sticks his right foot in a kicking manner and has his left leg slightly bent to keep his balance. After the kick (which does 7% damage with little knockback), L swings his body backwards and resumes his standing animation. This move has little starting lag and a bit of ending lag.
I had totally forgotten about this guy's martial skill. So...yeah, work more of that stuff in there, maybe? Because this right here...this right here works.

ANYWAY

I like Meta Knight's moveset as it is. Also I hope whoever's reading this enjoyed the mass-reply this post is, since this is probably what I'll be doing until I get a more solid internet connection.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Just to inform you guys about the current situation of my works... should anyone be interested... <.<"

Lucca and Aeon are in the works, I will finish them hopefully soon.

I've started out Chapter 10 of my Story Mode, as well, but I don't know how long it'll take. I also will remove 2 characters from the roster, Haar and Carmilla. I tried to include Haar in Chapter 10, but everything just seems to OoC that I cancelled his inclusion. I hope Chris is okay with only having 2 characters on it (he better is). As for Carmilla - she won't be made in MYM4, and would be one of these last minute-inclusions, as well... which I really don't want to do. This leaves me with 2 characters - Raphael Sorel and Robo... I guess 2 is better than 4. <.<

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
I hope I make people go "Wow" with the set, or at least get onto the Top 50. I would be very pleased if one of my movesets reach in the top 10, and I think I will be happy if any moveset of mine appears on it, as I think ctha each moveset of mine are on the same length of awesomeness, not like last time with Team rocket only being 2 places lower tthan my Tails set.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Undead Hero

Backstory

A powerful warrior who died when the Khans were killed. His body returns to life when his sword is accidentally brought to his grave. He reclaims his weapon and goes on a rampage, until the heroes realize that they can control him. In the game, the Undead Hero is an NPC who can be given simple directions by the players

Stats:

Power: 5.5/10
Power (Berserker mode): 6.9/10
K.O ability (Normal): 4.1/10
K.O ability (D-tilt lighter effect): 5.9/10
K.O ability (Beserker Mode): 6.2/10
K.O ability (Both): 8.6/10
Walking Speed: 4.2/10
Dash speed: 6.9/10
Range: 9.5/10
Projectile distance: 9.5/10
Weight: 5.2/10
Drop Speed: 5.7/10
Size: 7.8/10
1st jump: 5.6/10
2nd Jump: 5.2/10
Aerial Movement: 7.2/10
Crouch: 3.9/10
Traction: 6.2/10
Combo: 7.3/10
Wall jump: yes
Wall cling: no
Crawling: no
Glide: no
No of jumps: 2
Tether Recovery: no

Specials:

Neutral B: Command

Animation: Undead Hero stands in one place, looking upwards while holding his sword with both hands, and a thought bubble appears above his head. Anyone who has played "Guardian Heroes" will know that in the story mode, Samuel Han, Randy M. Green, Ginjirou Ibushi, Nicole Neil or Serena Corsair does this motion FOR Undead Hero, not doing it himself. In the game, these were the commands (you will see how these commands will adapt into smash bros):

• Follow - The Undead Hero walks behind the players, attacking anything that gets too close.
  • Wait - the Hero follows the players but does not fight.
  • Attack - The Hero moves on his own, attacking all enemies.
  • Defend - The Hero walks ahead, attacking any enemy that attacks the player
  • Berserk - The Undead Hero goes all out, attacking everything with waves of fire from his sword, before finally unleashing his Genocide Crush, a tremendous screen-clearing blast of energy.

You will start at the follow command, and you scroll through left to right while holding down the B button L or R, when you release the button, it will choose the command you selected. Hold down on the analogy stick down to exit the commands menu. You cannot do this in the air, and it doesn't end automatically.

Only Berserk mode has a special animation, which looks like this and flashes red constantly, and shouts "RWAAAAARRRR":

Properties:

Follow - Undead hero walks/runs quicker by 1.2 times faster, and this effect lasts for 10 seconds, and you can't use the command special for 12 seconds after you first pressed the command button (2 seconds after the effects).

Wait - Undead Hero has super armour frames for the beginning 1.4 seconds, and he has less stun time than before, this effect lasts for 10 seconds, and you can not use the command special for 15 seconds after you first used the command.

Attack - Undead hero becomes 1.35 times stronger than before. This effect lasts for 9.5 seconds, and you can't use the command special for 17 seconds after you first used the command.

Defend -Undead hero becomes 1.35 times more heavier than before. This effect lasts for 9.5 seconds, and you can't use the command special for 17 seconds after you first used the command.

All above commands have a small amount of ending lag.

Berserk - Undead hero has all the same effects as the above commands, but becomes 1.4 times stronger at those areas than whatever number the above commands were. Undead hero stays at this state for 13 seconds, but you can not use this for 30 seconds after you first used the command. This has more ending lag than the other commands (due to saying "RWAAAR")

Uses: You will be wanting to use this move at every opportunity you have, but be careful though, as the longer your thinking of which command you want to use, the more likely you will get punished for it, so you have to think about which command you want to use, and quickly press the L/R button to get to the command. A very, very useful move, but punishable if you are slow at picking your commands!

Side-B: Volcano Wall:

Animation: (First hit-box)Undead hero first looks towards the screen, and holds his hands up into the air, with the sword pointing down on the floor, and then Undead spins the sword around himself twice very quickly, you can see fire going around the sword.
(Second hit-box)After this, Undead hero swings his sword over his head, onto the ground, which lets out a massive wall of fire (which I will explain in the next part of the animation). The sword still has fire coming from it.
(Third hit-box) The giant wall of flame is about the size of 4 stage blocks (2 horizontally, and another stack above the first 2 blocks) tilted slightly downwards. The fire is a bright orange colour. This does the fire element when you have enough magic.

Properties: (First hit-box) The range of this is quite poor, but it is helpful for crowd support. This does 5% and mid-low knockback, which sends the foe horizontally.
(Second hit-box) This part has good range, and is the strongest sword part of this move. This does 7% and mid-low knockback, sending the opponent horizontally.
(Third hit-box) This is the projectile; this travels about 3/4 of Final Destination, which is quite a far distance. The speed of which it travels at is a tad faster than Luigis fireball. This stuns the enemy in one place, and this does multiple hits, which can DI’d out of, but the opponent has to go upwards to get out of this, or to the opposite direction the flame wall is going. This can do the maximum of 6%, which stuns the enemy in place.
This has a small amount of start-up lag, but has quite a bit of ending lag. The duration of this move is quite long. You can’t use this move in the air.
[MC = 40]

Uses: This move has multiple purposes, crowd support, projectile etc. The projectile, while being huge, it travels slowly, and therefore easily avoided. Your opponent should have good DI, as you can minimalism the damage to a small amount. But if the opponent does nothing to try and move from this move at a very early percentage, you could rack up 18% quite easily. Be careful using this though, as the magic points is extremely high!

Up-B: Beam of Light

Animation: Undead Hero pauses in the air a bit, and the sword floats into the air vertically. After this, you can see a bright light blue beam shooting upwards about 3.5 stage builder blocks going vertically. The sword will be floating at the top of the light. Undead looks up at the sky, and dives upwards, and grabs the floating sword, and when he grabs the sword, he swings the sword around himself twice while when he is spinning back round, he slices the sword upwards. This makes Undead Hero enter free fall. If UH has magic, he swings the sword around with flames coming from it.

Properties:The recovery is a vertical one, so you can’t use this recovery anywhere. This recovery reaches about 4 stage builder blocks in the air. The sword slash covers quite a good range. This has quite a bit of start-up and ending lag. The sword slash does 13% and mid-low knockback, which sends the foe horizontally. If you have no magic left, it does 8% and low-high knockback, which sends the enemy horizontally. The free-fall has similar movement to Luigis free fall.
[MC=10]

Uses: Good at getting back to the stage, although it’s easily intercepted at it doesn’t grab hold of the edge until Undead grabs the sword, so there is plenty of time to edge hog him or spike him.

Down-B: Magic Count

Animation: Undead Hero starts crouching down with its arms in its chest, and blue light is seen going towards Undead Hero. During this, Undead Hero is also flashing light blue as well. Use this move when you are under the magic total (A little purple bar with numbers on is seen underneath Undeads health percentage)

Properties:The magic which Undead has is an maximum of 240. Each move which uses some magic in will have a different number which uses up the magic count. When Undead Hero has no magic left or little amount of magic left, this is when you use this move, THIS REFILS YOUR MAGIC UP, and when you have 15 magic points left, it takes about 3 seconds to fully fill up to the top again. The magic points in a move will be listed underneath the properties section which shows how big the magic points is, and will be shown in this way: [MC = 20], and that number would reduce the overall magic you have left. This can be used in the air. This has small amount of start-up lag and ending lag. The magic total resets when Undead Hero loses a Life.
[MC = 15]

Uses:Well, you will need the magic, as a good number of moves will become much weaker than it is with magic. You will have to look at the magic total, and judge when to use this so you will not be punished for using it. DO NOT MAKE THE MAGIC POINTS BELOW 15, OR ELSE YOUR STUCK WITH NO MAGIC FOR THE REST OF THE LIFE.

Standard:

Neutral A Combo: Hack & Slice:

Animation:(First Part) Undead hero slashes his sword diagonally downwards to his left, and at the end, points the sword diagonally upwards ready, for the second part of the move.
(Second Part) Undead slashes the sword diagonally downwards to his right. This goes into the last part of this move.
(Third Part) Undead hero points his sword vertically upwards into the sky, and the sword glows dark blue for a brief moment. Undead hero will then slams his sword onto the ground, and a blue lighting bolt shoots out diagonally upwards, which cause a small explosion on the floor.

Properties: (First Part) This comes out quickly, and this also has decent range. This stuns the enemy in one place. This does 4% damage. Allows the next part of the move to hit easily.
(Second Part) This also comes out quick with the same range as before. This does 5% and low knockback, which sends the enemy horizontally.
(Third Part)This has lots of start-up and ending lag. The sword has decent range, and the lighting bolt goes up about 3 stage builder blocks a low diagonal upwards direction. The bolt is quite thin. The strongest part of the move is when the explosion occurs.
Sword Slash: This does 5%, which does mid-low knockback which sends the enemy horizontally.
Lighting Bolt: This does 5%, which does mid-low knockback, borderline Low-high knockback, which sends the enemy diagonally upwards.
Sweet-spot: This does 7%, which does mid knockback which sends the enemy horizontally.

Uses: A good way to rack up damage, although you want to be careful if you really want to use the last part of this move, as it has punishable start-up and ending lag. The first 2 moves have as low lag as Yoshis neutral a combo.

Forward Tilt: Boomersword

Animation:Undead Hero throws his sword a very short distance in front of himself, and the Sword spins around quickly like a boomerang, and then Undead Hero catches the sword again. The sword counts at a projectile, so it doesn’t have maximum priority.

Properties:The hit-box of this move is the entire sword. Undead Hero throws the sword about 1.5 stage builder blocks a head of himself. This has some start-up and ending lag, and the duration is quite long. This does 10% and mid-low knockback which sends the enemy horizontally.

Uses:Spacing with this move is the biggest key, as it has great range, but is very punishable if you miss this move. Also, some characters can just duck to dodge this move as well.

Up Tilt: Sword Strike

Animation: Undead Hero first crouches down and angles the sword downwards, and swings his sword upwards while rising, and then stands up completely while sticking the sword vertically in the air.

Properties: This has 2 hits in it, first when Undead Hero first swings, and then when the sword is nearly pointing upwards. This covers a large distance in front of Undead Hero. This has little start-up lag, with a bit of ending lag. The first hit-box does 4%, which does very-low knockback, which sends them upwards. If the opponent is close enough, it should link into the second hit-box. The second hit-box does 8% and mid-low knockback, which sends the opponent upwards.

Uses: At early percentages, you should be able link this with the tilts, if the opponent doesn’t know how to DI good. This can also link up into aerials quite well at around 60%. A good combo starter.

Down Tilt: Magic Powder

Animation: Undead Hero crouches down, and he spins his sword around quickly, and at the tip of the sword, 5 blue or red balls of light come out from it, and the 2 colours have different effects, which is stated in the properties. If you get hit by the red light, a ^ will appear and send you upwards a little bit, and when the blue light hits you, a blue tornado appears.

Properties: The spinning sword also does damage, and if you get hit by red or blue light, a special effect takes place. If you do this move, the first 5 times you use this, it will send a blue light, and then the next 5 times you use it, it will send out a red light out. You have to make sure that 3 light balls go through the enemy to make the effect happen. The effect last for 8 seconds but does no damage. If the opponent is hit by a blue light, the blue light turns into a tornado, and lifts the foe up into the air, and you will notice the opponent will be lighter than normal and floatier, but they have better aerial movement. If the opponent is hit by a red light, the red light will turn into ^, and will be lifted into the air a tiny bit. This effect makes the opponents heavier, but it makes them fall faster and is more easily combo’d. This has good range. This has some start-up and quite a bit of ending lag. The spinning sword does multiple hits, the maximum you can do is 13% with the final hit doing mid-low knockback which sends the enemy horizontally.
[MC = 20]

Uses: This is quite punishable if you miss this. If you hit the opponent with the light, it makes them go into the air, so you can’t be punished for doing that. The spinning sword is also very easy to DI out of. It’s very hard to remember which effect it could be, and this can make your game unpredictable, as you‘ll likely play different depending which effect the opponent has.

Dash attack: Blade Rush

Animation: As Undead hero runs, he spins his sword around very quickly in a circle while holding his hand next to himself. This does multiple hits.

Properties: The range is quite small, but it covers beside of Undead Hero. This has little start-up and quite a bit of ending lag. This can do a maximum of 9%, with the final hit doing low-high knockback which sends the opponent horizontally.

Uses: This comes out quick, so it’s hard to counter against, but it’s very punishable when you miss, plus this can be DI’d out off.

Smashes:

Forward Smash: Blazing Balls

Animation: Undead hero will hold the sword with both hands, and has his position to his side. Undead hero then points the sword forward, which is shining red. After Undead stick the sword out, if you have enough magic, about 5 fireballs shoot out and home into an opponent.

Properties: This has good range, the fireballs stay out for 3 seconds before disappearing. The speed the fireballs travel is about the same speed as wolfs blaster. This has start-up lag and ending lag. When uncharged, the sword does 13% and mid-low knockback, which sends the foe horizontally. When fully charged, the sword does 18% and mid knockback, which sends the enemy horizontally. When Undead hero does this with no magic when uncharged, it does 9% and low-high knockback. When Undead hero does this with no magic when it’s charged, it does 13% and mid knockback. Each fireball does 2% and very low knockback, which sends the opponents diagonally upwards.
[MC = 20]

Uses: Be very careful with this when you play against Mr Game and Watch, as it can fill up all the bucket in one go, or to any reflector. The fireballs should stun them enough to follow up, but the ending lag can stop that from happening sometimes. The fireballs can eat shields away. Try to make the opponent lighter with D-tilt and try to kill them with the sword slash.

Up Smash: Lightning Sword

Animation: Undead hero sticks his sword up vertically in the air, and the sword begins to bright blue, and then suddenly a flash of a thin blue light shoots up into the sky. The lightning bolt is 1/2 the size of Pikachus thunder width wise.

Properties: The lightning bolt travels 8 stage builder blocks in the air, and appears for just a flash. The sword also does damage. This has some start-up lag and ending lag, the duration of this move is quite long. When uncharged, the sword does 12% and mid-low knockback, which sends the opponents upwards, the lightning bolt does 8% and mid knockback. When fully charged, the sword does 17% and mid-high knockback, and the lightning bolt does 11% and high-low knockback. When Undead hero has no magic left and it’s uncharged, this does 9% and low-high knockback (no lightning bolt occurs). When Undead hero has no magic left and this move is fully charged, it does 14% and mid knockback.
[MC = 20]

Uses: If your opponent does no DI to get away, you can land the sword blow as well as the lightning bolt, although if you DI, it’s extremely easy to dodge the lightning bolt.

Down Smash: Pyro Tornado:

Animation: Undead hero looks towards the screen, and holds the sword forward, and he spins around to his left once. If Undead Hero has enough magic left, as he spins around, a red tornado appears for about 2 seconds, about 1.2s bigger as Metaknights Mach Tornado, which stays out longer than the sword slash.

Properties: The range is great, as the tornado is very large and lasts out for a long time. This has quite a lot of start-up and ending lag however. When uncharged, the sword slash does 8% and low-high knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally (the only part of the move with no magic left). The tornado makes the opponent suck into the middle quickly, and makes them stuck in one place for 0.8 seconds before shooting them upwards (which is always the same distance, whatever charge it is, which sends the opponent about a captain falcon above the tornado). When fully charged, the sword slash does 13% and mid knockback. The tornado makes the opponent stuck in there for 2.1 seconds before the tornado sends them out upwards.
[MC = 25]

Uses: When you fully charge this (with magic), it’s very easy to follow this up with an Up-smash, and kill the enemy. Although there is a lot of ending lag, so you have to act quickly.

Aerials:

Neutral Air: Reborn Kick

Animation: Undead holds the sword behind his head, and he sticks his legs out in an sex kick fashion, this is really it for the animation.

Properties: Appearance wise, it looks like a standard sex kick, but that’s wrong as when you keep on pressing the A button over and over again, he does the animation again, even if his leg is still sticking out. This has poor range compared to all his over move. This comes out insanely quick with some ending lag (if you try to use another aerial) and also has very little landing lag. This does 3% with each hit with just a very small amount of stun.

Uses:This move can deal some good damage if you do it rising up and down. If you do this while on a spot, between each stun the opponent could get away from it, but if you try to do it while jumping horizontally, it’s hard for the opponent to avoid. In one short hop against a Mario lets say, you should be able to get 3 or 4 hits on him.

Forward Air: Swinging Blade

Animation:Undead Hero points his sword downwards, and swings it upwards, and then he swing the sword back down. When he swings it the second time, at the end, a giant burst of flames booms out at the tip of the sword. That’s the strongest part of the move.

Properties: This move has good range, but no better than most of his moves. This has quite a lot of start-up lag, ending lag and landing lag, and the duration takes a long time. The first sword slash does 10% and mid knockback, which sends the opponent upwards. The second slash does 11% and mid knockback, which sends the opponent downwards. The sweet-spot (the fire) does 14% and mid-high knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally.
[MC=15]

Uses:It’s impossible to join the first slash with the second slash. The duration is long, so you should do a full jump to do this if you want to hit the opponent with the second slash. A move that could be used to KO.

Back Air: Back Stab

Animation:Undead hero lifts his sword up over his head, and sticks out far behind him, if your near a wall when you do this, you will stick into the wall, and it can count as a standard Wall Cling motion. After a while though, as the duration of the first part is quite long, he will tilt the sword up and then harshly slams it down, for a standard Meteor smash.

Properties: This has good range like normal. This has a bit of start-up lag, and quite a bit of ending lag. The duration of this move is very long, although the landing lag at the first part is very small, but when he does the meteor smash part, there is quite a bit of landing lag. The first part of the move does 8% and mid-low knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. The second part of the move does 11% and a medium strength Meteor Smash.

Uses:This is a useful move to recover back onto the stage if you tries to edgeguard the opponent on a stage like Yoshi’s Island. It’s also good if you try to aim for the meteor smash, which is a decent combo ender, although it’s incredibly hard to land.

Up-Air: Cloud of Fire

Animation:Undead Hero sticks his sword into the air, and fire from the sword goes into the air, at the top of the fire, you can see a fire cloud forming, and the longer you hold down U-air, the bigger the fire cloud will be (you can charge this up for a maximum of 3 seconds). When you press U-air again afterwards, the fire cloud will send out a big fireball which is smaller than the cloud (the cloud vanishes after 15 seconds of not using it). The cloud explodes if anyone touches it. The fireball also only travels straight and tries to accurately hit a random enemy.

Properties: The range of the fireball is infinite, only disappearing if the fireball touches an obstacle, or goes past the blast zone. The speed of the fireball is about the same speed as wolfs blaster. The sword has good range, and the fire cloud appears 2 stage builder blocks above the sword when you first do this move. The sword does the same damage when it has no magic left, which is it does 8% and low-high knockback, which sends the opponent upwards. When uncharged, the fire cloud does 4% and low knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally if you touch it. When uncharged, the fireball does 6% and low-high knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. When fully charged, the fire cloud does 10% and mid-low knockback. When fully charged, the fireball does 14% and mid-high knockback.
[MC= 1- 20]

Uses:Very useful as an edge guarder, and you also trap opponents into the clouds to start combos off. A very useful move, for its multiple uses it has.

Down-Air: Fiery Twister

Animation:Undead hero looks directly downwards, and swings his sword downwards while spinning it. Nothing special here, but if you have enough magic left, 2 small pillars of fire, which reaches 1 ½ stage builder blocks downwards, which spins around anti-clockwise.

Properties:The range of the 2 flame pillars is above, this has decent range. This has some start-up lag, and also with quite a bit of ending and landing lag. This does 6 constructive hits. With the magic, this can do a total of 15%, with the final hit doing mid knockback, which sends the opponent upwards. When you don’t have magic left (when the 2 flame pillars don’t show up) this does 8% and with the final hit doing mid-low knockback.
[MC=20]

Uses:This is a good move to rack damage up with at an early percentage, although the ending/landing lag is long enough to be punishable.

Throws (Undead hero holds the opponent with 2 hands, and the sword is magically floating in mid-air, this automatically uses 1 MC)

Grab attack: Sword Ram

Animation:The floating sword will tilt to the left, and wacks the opponent on the head. Occasionally (a 1/12 chance happening), the sword will turn bright blue, and it sends shockwaves on the opponent, doing more damage than normal.

Properties: The rate between each ram is very slow. Also, the normal sword ram does 2% with each hit. The thunder sword does 7%.
[MC=1]

Uses: A good way to make stale moves strong again, and also getting the thunder sword is good for racking up damage.

Forward-throw: Pyro Sphere

Animation: Undead Hero does a standard push forward, while the floating sword points at the enemy, and glows bright red quickly, and then shoots a big fireball at the enemy, which is avoidable, but is very hard to avoid. The first part of the move is only done if there is no magic left

Properties:This happens quite quickly. The fireball goes about the range of R.O.Bs semi charged laser, and at the speed of Wolfs blaster. The standard throw does 5% and mid-low knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. The fireball does 6% and mid knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally.

Uses:This is quick, and if the opponent is hit by a fireball, you should be able to follow it up with a quick tilt of aerial.
[MC=10]

Back-throw: Dagger Charge

Animation:Undead Hero does a basic back drop, and in the middle of the backdrop, the floating sword spins around in a circle at first, and then rushes into the opponent, which is unavoidable, the first part of the move is only done if there is no magic left.

Properties: This has a average amount length of time for a throw. The backdrop does 5% and mid-low knockback, which sends the opponent upwards briefly before the sword hits the opponent. The sword also does 5% and mid-low knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally.
[MC=5]

Uses:This can deal good amount of damage, and can connect with the tilts at early percentages.

Up-throw: Blade Throw

Animation:As Undead Hero does a standard throw up, the sword drops into his hands, and throws the sword up 4 stage builder blocks going upwards, before it returns down.

Properties: He throws the opponent quickly, but he stands in one place for a very long time, until he catches the sword. The sword will go up and down in 2.5 seconds. The throw does 4% and mid-low knockback, which sends the opponent upwards. And the sword does 7% and mid-high knockback, which also sends the opponent upwards.

Uses:This is Undeads strongest throw, and it can possibly KO an enemy if the opponent gets hit by the sword at the peak of its range around 140%. Although this can be avoided if you DI at later percentages.

Down-throw: Heart Strike

Animation:Undead Hero pins the opponent on the floor, and the floating sword drops into his right hand, and then he crouches down, and stabs the opponent in the chest or wherever.

Properties: This happens very quickly. This does 8% and mid knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally.

Uses:This is Undeads most reliable throw, along with his Back throw, as it’s unavoidable like his other throws. Plus it’s strong enough to combo into his tilts quite well.

Final Smash: Genocide Crush

Undead Hero grabs the final smash, and he hunches his back a bit, similar to the berserker command. We can see a big fire ball going into Undead Hero, and when it goes all the way inside him, he lets out a giant roar, and a giant blast of fire fills the whole screen, so this move is unavoidable. This final smash last for 6 seconds. This final smash always does a set knockback distance, and from the start of the final smash, the opponent would always be sent diagonally upwards 9 stage builder blocks. And it goes lower the further away you are from Undead Hero. If you’re hit by this from the start, you would be dealt about 50% damage. There is 2 seconds warning time, which the opponent can get away from. This is unavoidable, but it lacks any KO potential, unless the opponent is right at the blast zone.

Other Attacks

Get-up attack: Sword Hover

Animation:As Undead Hero is on the floor, the sword will magically float behind him first. Undead Hero lunges his legs in front of himself quite far, and then he turns around and stands up, and slashes behind himself.

Properties: This happens quite quickly. And since the duration of this doesn’t matter, as every get up attack has invincibility. The leg lunge does 5% and low-high knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. The sword slash does 8% and mid-low knockback, which also sends the enemy horizontally.
[MC=2]

Uses:it’s a good way to make the opponent a way from you if they are close enough, and the duration should be long enough for you to think about your second move.

Edge attack (under 100%): Fire stretch

Animation:Undead Hero crawls back on, and he points the sword directly in front of himself, and then a very thin line of wavy fire shoots out about 5 stage builder blocks in front of himself.

Properties:This comes out quickly. The sword slash does 5% and low-high knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. The fire does 5 multiple hits, this does a total of 9% with the final hit doing mid-low knockback, which sends the opponent diagonally upwards.
[MC=15]

Uses: If people are fighting near your side of the edge, you can hit multiple people in one go, although this can easily be DI’d out of.

Edge attack (Over 100%): Blade Swipe

Animation:As Undead Hero crawls onto the stage slowly, he slashes diagonally upwards to his right, and then to his left before being able to move again.

Properties:This has a bit of start-up lag. The first sword slash does 5% and low-high knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. The second sword slash does 6% and mid-low knockback, which also sends the opponent horizontally.

Uses: If the opponent is close enough to the edge, they will get knocked backwards of the stage, but this is relatively easy to avoid and isn’t all that strong.

Beam Sword attacks

Neutral A: Spinning Beam

Animation:Undead Hero stretches the beam sword about 2.5 stage builder blocks in front of himself, and he spins the sword around.

Properties: Just like with all beam sword moves, this has great range. This has little start-up and ending lag. This does multiple hits which does no knockback. In every second, it does 6%

Uses: This comes out quick, and can rack up some good damage quite easily.

Forward Tilt: Beamsword-erang

Animation:This is just like his normal F-tilt, but with added range, the sword will be 1.5 stage builder blocks big length words.

Properties:This has great range (the beam sword travels 1.5 stage builder block in front of himself), but it is counted as a projectile. This has some start-up and ending lag. This does 10% and mid-low knockback, which sends the enemy horizontally.

Uses: The use is the same as the normal F-tilt, but this has greater range than before.

Forward Smash: Beam and Flame cut

Animation:Undead Hero holds the beam sword upwards, and swings it down with it being 2 stage builder blocks bigger. And then afterwards, he swings his sword in the same fashion, but at the tip, fire is burning there, adding more damage to it than normal. The flame doesn’t appear if you don’t have enough magic.

Properties:This has great range. This has quite a lot of start-up and ending lag. When uncharged, the beam sword does 9% and mid-low knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. When you hit the tip of the sword, it does 15% and mid knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. When you don’t hit the tip of the sword, it does 8% and low-high knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. When fully charged, the beam sword does 14% and mid-high knockback. When you hit the tip of the sword, it does 20% and high-low knockback. When you don’t hit the tip of the sword, it does 13% and low-high knockback.
[MC=15]

Uses: This is very powerful, and it has 2 parts to it, so it’s quite hard to avoid.

Dash Attack: Sword Twist

Animation: Undead Hero spins around once quickly, sticking out the beam sword with one hand, and his normal sword in another hand. The beam sword is about 2 stage builder blocks big.

Properties:This has great range, but the range seems weird, as one side has less range than the other. This has some start-up lag and ending lag. The beam sword does 8% and mid-low knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. The sword does 6% and low-high knockback, which also sends the enemy horizontally.

Uses: This is a great crowd supporter, and it’s very hard to counter against, although he is vulnerable from the top.

Playstyle:

Okay, Undead Hero is very weak without his magic; so much that he will have an especially hard job in racking damage and KOing the opponent, so always use his Down-b where ever you have the chance. Even with the magic, he is still very weak in terms of KOing an opponent, and that’s is when his command move and D-tilt comes to action, you can use the attack command or the berserk command to make yourself much stronger, and you can try and use his down-tilt to make the opponent lighter, to make it a very easy job of killing the enemy, but you have to use these moves when the opponent has a high percentage, because the lighter effect doesn’t last that long.
You can try a get the heavy effect on the opponent when they are at an early percent, so you can link his aerials better than before and combo up-tilt very easily. If you want to try and restore the magic total with his down-b, you could try and use the wait command, and use down-b while you have the super armour frames. I will talk about the uses of the other commands now, Defend could be used when you’re at a high percentage, and at the normal percentage, you could be in risk of losing a stock, but with this command, it could let you survive for a little bit long than normal. If you want to control the stage easier, and want to chase down the enemy quicker, so you can link Undeads moves together easier than normal, then the follow command is the one for you. If your going for a one last stand, like if you and the opponent are on your last life at a high percent, and you need to use all the commands at the same time, this should be the command you should use.
Another key move which Undead Hero has is his Down-Smash, not that it’s particular powerful or anything, but the utility of this move makes it exceptional. Undead Hero can use this move to ensure that his Up-smash will hit the opponent, which is his strongest smash and move he has. Or with this move, you can make sure you can start of a combo, or you can use the time the opponents stuck to restore your magic count, and choose your command.
This character will put off a lot of casual players, as he is reliant on a few moves, which makes that move reliant to another move, and that thinking of it will make the casual players be put off by him. However, the character will first look very bad, as he has no clear and reliable KO move when he is in his standard form, but this character can produce great mindgames with the command ability and D-tilt effects, and he can play in many various methods, so he will be a very unpredictable character.

Taunts:

Up Undead Hero sticks his sword into the air, and 2 lightning bolts shoots onto the ground next to Undead Hero, and the screens darkens for a very brief moment.

Side The sword magically floats in front of Undead Hero, and the sword strikes the air many times with fire going every where before returning back into Undeads Hands.

Down Undead Hero clenches his fist, and fire comes out of Undead Body slightly, he starts to flash red, but he releases his clench and returns back to normal.

Victory Taunts:

1 Undead Hero roars out loud like when he does Genocide Crush or his Berserk command

2 He does his side-b to the right quickly, and then he looks towards the screen, and points his sword at the camera

3 Undead Hero slowly gets up from the floor, and roars a tiny bit before swinging his sword around and turns his back from the camera and makes a “Humph” sound.

Lost animation

Undead Hero is seen tilted to his right and does a slow clap, and we see his sword stuck in the floor in an tilted way.

Alternate Costumes:

Entrance:

We see Undead Heros sword floating in the sky, and then a big beam of blue light shhots upwards to the sky, then we see Undead hero appear from the ground, and we see him grab hold of the sword and enters a battle stance.

Smady

Smash Master
Undead Hero is killer! :)

His specials - the 'command' ability in particular - are very unique [his side-b reminds me of Kyo's fireball attack thingy from KoF]. Great work, Frogman.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
I agree with what's been said so far; I have zero knowledge of the character or game, but must say that undead hero is an awesome set that I actually read the first time I saw it. I'm loving both the command attack & his reliance on MP, it really makes you have to think about every attack & makes for a very interesting character. This very well may be getting a super vote from me :bee:

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
Yes, I did. Let me give it a second look and I'll tell you my personal favorites.

Use...

Broom Hatter, Needlous, Twister, and Starman! :bee:
okay, i'm fine with broom hatter because i can delve into the animal powers from dreamland 3, but needlous was there for filler and twister or starman are hard because they have little attacks.
also me likey crash and ball :bee:

so:

confirmed:
broom hatter

possible:
starman

still useable:
bomber
bubbles
prank
gaw gaw

new additions:
flamer
heavy knight

it's hard to pick.

Baloo

Smash Ace
OK, that is biiiiiig. And awesome. I just skimmed it, but it looks really good. Nice twist on sex kicks, and the down tilt is win.

BUT U ST0L M3H ID3Y4 F0R PP P01NT5!!!11

And use starman.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Thanks for the comments guys and potatoes, I appreciate it.

OK, that is biiiiiig. And awesome. I just skimmed it, but it looks really good. Nice twist on sex kicks, and the down tilt is win.

BUT U ST0L M3H ID3Y4 F0R PP P01NT5!!!11

And use starman.
Oh man, if you thought that was big, you would die from reading Dr. Robotnik ;)

LIES, I HAD DIS IDEAS ABUT A MONTH A GO, SO YOU STOLDED MAI IDEA!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
After a long break, finally, it has arrived...

CHAPTER 10 OF The 13th Hour HAS BEEN POSTED!!

I hope you enjoy~

People who could be interested:
- Chris Lionheart
- MarthTrinity
- Shake~
- TVTMaster
- SkylerOcon
- Chief Mendez
- Tanookie
- TWILTHERO
- Skyshroud
- MasterWarlord
- BKupa666
- Smash Daddy
- Lenus Altair
- SonicBoom2
- People liking Ice-themed stuff
- Square-enix fans
- Spadefox

Baloo

Smash Ace
okay then, ive been thinking and ive decided the four enemies for the set:

broom hatter
starman
bomber
prank

what do you guys think?
Good idea. Starman is a great one, so is prank.

Anyways,

For Red Toad's up specials, I'm coming up with stupid puns of the original attacks name. Literally stupid, like Screwball Attack, not something dumb. Ideas for any character would be great, except for Jiggs, Samus (Zamus is free game) or Ike.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Geez...i'm gone for 7 hours while sleeping, and 3 pages happen. EESSSHHHH....

@Bonkers: Great job Sirkibble, as always. Bonkers looks a fun moveset to play as.

@Undead Hero: Whoa, the undead hero is deadly [/lamepun]. Seriously, really great job Frogman. Really cool moveset.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Frogman, that's incredible. Just incredible.

I'll have to give it a more thorough read later, but if everything is as quality as the previews you've been giving (and it certainly looks that way), then this'll be a strong contender without a doubt.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
I love the command attack (as well as the fifty people above me) and the fact that Undead Hero's Forward Smash is called "Blazing Balls".

I would MMGS the crap out of that move by making not-so-subtle innuendo and inappropriate statements.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Thank you everyone, it's nice that the moveset that has been in the works for a long time has been so acknoledged, so thank you everyone.

Blazing balls is more inventive than fireballs right?

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Undead Hero is pretty great. I don't have anything specific to say that hasn't been said already.

I love the command attack (as well as the fifty people above me) and the fact that Undead Hero's Forward Smash is called "Blazing Balls".

I would MMGS the crap out of that move by making not-so-subtle innuendo and inappropriate statements.
Hehe, Pelikinesis and his crazy meta-mindgame-spam... :laugh:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Undead Hero was a great move set. I liked the command mechanic, it gives him more strategic options than most regular Brawl characters, so I'd probably main him just for the fun-factor. But then again, he is a skeleton wielding a sword, I'd already main him for that. :laugh:

emergency

Smash Journeyman
This is my first time actually trying to do something for the MYM project.

Is there any real big things the Sandbags look for (and or appeals to them)?

I've read through the requirements but I want to overshoot to leave a good impression.

I apologize for the nubinezz. Thanks in advance dood.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
MMGS: It's my thing.

I'm only not responding to the above because I'm far too lazy to. Don't worry though, I'm sure someone here will be nice.

Anyways, thought of a good jokeset...Listen!

Has anyone done this already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom