• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Mendez, you're such a Kirby party pooper! ;)

Anyway, on a completely different note...

This is something I think is worth addressing, as it's come to my attention and I feel that the general body of MYM should understand it. Many of you already do, but I think we could all use a refresher, anyway.

A Note Concerning Chargeable Moves

There are a few different types of charged move, and it's common to forget to specify which type your move is, unless it's a special kind of charge, but I'll cover that in here. Anyway, it's kind of important that people know what type of charge you mean when you say a move can be charged, so some of the basic types of charged moves are as follows (and, naturally, this wording isn't necessary, but these are the names that I call them by):

Auto-Release Charge - A charging move that is auto-release can only be charged until it reaches full capacity, and will then automatically execute. These moves are charged by holding down the button, and releasing the button can execute the move early. Moves of this type for existing characters include:

• All Smash Attacks
  • Ike's Eruption
  • Pikachu's Skull Bash
  • Marth's Shieldbreaker
  • Link's Spin Attack

Manual-Release Charge - Moves of this sort are essentially the same as Auto-Release attacks, but they won't automatically execute upon reaching full charge. A few of Brawl's examples are:

• Ike's Quick Draw
  • Luigi's Green Missile
  • Jigglypuff's Rollout
  • Link's Hero's Bow

Stored Charge - You can probably already guess what these moves are about. Yeah, these are the moves you can charge, and then store for later use. Generally, these moves automatically store themselves when they reach full charge, but that's not always the case. Only a single press of the button is necessary to charge this move. They can be dodged out of early, and a second press of the button will use the attack at less-than-full charge. A few examples:

• Samus' Charge Shot
  • DK's Giant Punch
  • Lucario's Aura Sphere
  • R.O.B.'s Gyro

Special Charges - There are a few moves that won't charge in one of these ways. Usually these are easy to remember to explain, since they're generally more unique. Nevertheless, let me give you a couple of examples from Brawl:

• Wario's Wario Waft
  • R.O.B.'s Laser
  • Sonic's Spin Charge
  • Mr. Game & Watch's Bucket

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure Sonic's Spin Dash(es) are of the Manual-Release variety...but otherwise yeah. Maybe we should set up a FAQ of sorts on the stadium? We can get anyone who wants to to write sections on stuff like this.

Or maybe not.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure Sonic's Spin Dash(es) are of the Manual-Release variety...but otherwise yeah. Maybe we should set up a FAQ of sorts on the stadium? We can get anyone who wants to to write sections on stuff like this.

Or maybe not.
I was shaky on Sonic. His Side Special is a Manual-Release, for sure, but the Down Special has a way of charging that's different from anything else currently in Brawl, so I figured I'd include it with the special ones. :bee:

EDIT: Okay, so apparently the Side Special is the "Spin Dash" and the Down Special is the "Spin Charge." I'll fix that. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm definitely in favor of an area on the Stadium for stuff like this.

Tornadith

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance _______________ on __________ Day,
I was shaky on Sonic. His Side Special is a Manual-Release, for sure, but the Down Special has a way of charging that's different from anything else currently in Brawl, so I figured I'd include it with the special ones. :bee:

EDIT: Okay, so apparently the Side Special is the "Spin Dash" and the Down Special is the "Spin Charge." I'll fix that. :rolleyes:

Yeah...they really could have done something more creative with Sonic's Down-B, eh? A lot of moves could be worthy...someone should do a Sonic remix.

Preview of my next moveset coming soon!

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver

Or maybe the wiki?

Tornadith

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance _______________ on __________ Day,
Her is a preview for ????? ????. Some people who know this thread very well should know what it is.

Side B - ?????? ??

???? charges her ?????? behind her for about one second, then yells “You’re gonna get it!” and spirals around, swinging her ?????? about three stage builder blocks until she hits the opponent. The spiraling is not very fast, and only completes about four spirals by the time she is done. This attack steal’s the opponent’s health and gives ???? the health that you stole. This attack has high starting and ending lag, but since it covers much distance, it can be used as an approaching attack. The entire attack plus the starting and ending lag takes about 3.5 seconds. Has almost no knockback.
(10% stolen from enemy)

EDIT: I really had to post this at 12:30 P.M. didn't I? Ugh the wait of somebody commenting on it is KILLING me.

EDIT 2: Wow. It would be cool if even ONE person could give me some feedback on this. Can't believe that two other movesets had to be posted on this page.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Scizor!

Credit for art goes to NO-Nico at Deviantart
Scizor

Type: Bug/Steel
Class: Heavy

Description: This Scissors Pokemon, the evolved form of Scyther, has arms ending in large, strong pincers with distinctive eye-spot markings. It's unable to fly very far with its undersized wings, but it can affect its body temperature by flapping them at high speeds. Its sleek look has made Scizor quite the popular catch among collectors.

Special Trait: Any smash attack used against Scizor deals 2 fewer damage than normal. Knockback is reduced accordingly.

Alternate costume colors: Blue and white, Green and dark green (like Shiny Scizor), Gold and silver, Black and white.

Stats: Out of 10
Size: 7 (About Link's Size)
Weight: 7 (Above average, heavier than C. Falcon)
Runspeed: 5 (Less than Lucario's speed)
Walk Speed: 3 (About the same as DK)
Fallspeed: 8 (Slower than Link)
Aerial Maneuverability: 7 (Around as good at G&W's)
Crouching: Yes
Crawling: No
Wall Jump: Yes
Wall Cling: No
Glide: No

Jumps
First: About the same distance as Wolf's (Scizor's wings vibrate slightly and lift him from the ground as he jumps)
Second: A bit higher than Link's second jump (Scizor's wing flap rapidly, but since he can't fly, the jump is short)

Positives
- Decent aerial maneuverability
- High attack power
- Looks fricken' awesome
- Wings don't count as part of the body; may be deceptive
- Good spot dodge and roll
- Possesses a fast dash attack with long lasting hitboxes and decent knockback
- Passively reduces knockback and damage of smash attacks by 2
- Many disjointed hitboxes, with high priority
- Lots of super armor

Negatives
- Subpar recovery. Better than Link's of course, but not much better than Ike's.
- Few attacks with a lot of range
- Not too good at comboing
- Somewhat slow roll, a bit slower than Link's
- Grabs have a fair amount lag if they miss, especially the running grab
- Somewhat bad aerial game due to lack of range and fast falling speed
- Slow pummel move
- Projectile has too much cooldown time between uncharged blasts to spam

Ground Attacks
A-Jab - Scizor strikes out with an open claw. Comparable to Ganon's jab except a bit faster with less end lag. Low/moderate knockback. Horizontal launch. Same sound as Pit's blades as it hits, but not so powerful-sounding.(6%)

F-Tilt - Scizor does the same thing as his normal jab except he closes the claw on contact. The hitbox appears when he closes the claw. Sweetspot is the closing claw. Low knockback if not sweetspotted. Decent knockback if landed properly. Launches at a 45 degree angle. Makes the same sound as Koopa Klaw in Melee. (6 - 9%)

U-Tilt - Scizor fully extends an arm and swings his open claw it from front to a little behind his head. Similar to Marth's u-tilt. Sweetspot at the end of the open claw. Decent knockback without sweetspot, pretty high knockback if sweetspotted. Launches straight up no matter how it lands. Makes the same sound as Marth's f-smash. (7-10%)

D-Tilt - Scizor swipes out two glowing claws from a crouching position one after another (think Bowser d-tilt). Hard to land both hits, since they both have the same decent knockback. No sweetspotting required. Scizor's slowest tilt. Tied with f-tilt for range. Launches at an almost horizontal angle. Launches at an upward angle if the opponent is very close to Scizor. Will spike if it hits an opponent hanging on a ledge with no invincibility frames. (6-12%)

Dash Attack - Scizor braces one arm and opens a claw. A blade of white light extends outward from the hollow of the open claw as Scizor slides forward leaning and holding the arm out. Similar to Link's dash attack in N64 Smash. Lasts quite a while. (Damage at beginning frames: 11%) (Damage at middle frames: 8%) (Damage at late frames: 4%)

F-Smash: X-Scissor - Scizor's animation is similar to DK's (both arms out to side with open claws), but instead of clapping, crosses claws together viciously as they close. Claws glow with a silver-white light briefly as they are closing. An 'X' of light is briefly seen. Faster than DK's smash, with less range. Incredibly high priority. The more it's charged, the more horizontal the knockback will be. Sweetspot is the area where the 'X' forms. Deals obscene knockback. Sound is similar to Scizor's f-tilt, except higher pitched, louder, and lasts longer. (Uncharged: Norm - 14%, Sweetspot - 18%) (Fully charged: Norm: 19%, Sweetspot - 25%)

U-Smash: Iron Head - Scizor does a small hop while aiming his head upward. Has quite a few super armor frames at the beginning. High vertical launching power, but relatively narrow hitbox. No need to sweetspot. (Uncharged - 17%) (Fully charged - 23%)

D-Smash: Double Hit - Scizor punches out in both directions with extended arms and closed claws. A fast, decently strong smash with nearly-horizontal knockback. Faster than Lucario's d-smash. Hard to land both hits unless you use it when the enemy is standing right on top of you. Enemies who run into Scizor's fists after this move's initial hitting frames are out take 7% damage and are knocked back a tiny bit. (Uncharged - 12%/hit) (Fully charged - 17%/hit)

Grabs/throws
Grab - Scizor reaches out with a claw to grab an opponent. Looks like the jab, except Scizor's body is facing the direction he is grabbing. (Reach is about the same as Lucario's) Since Scizor's claws are powerful, grabs deal an initial damage of 2% if they connect. The eye spots on Scizor's claws will flash rhythmically as long as it's grabbing onto someone.

Pummel - Scizor crunches up the upraised enemy with the claw that's grabbing them, dealing 4% damage each time. Look's like Ganon's Flame Choke, sort of. Cooldown between each pummel is about the same as repeating Dedede's f-tilt, quite a long lag time.

F-Throw - Scizor winds back the arm holding the enemy and hurls him straight forward forcefully, like throwing a baseball. About the same amount of launch as Captain Falcon's f-throw. (7%)

B-Throw - Scizor spins once and casts the foe behind him at an upward angle while slashing them with his other claw. If the enemy allows himself to smack the floor after being launched by this, he will take 2% more damage. This is Scizor's strongest throw. About as good for launching as Ness's b-throw. (12%)

U-Throw - Scizor tosses the enemy up in one claw. Very minimal launch. Cannot KO. Decent for stringing with u-tilt or Iron Head. (4%)

D-Throw - Scizor drops the opponent on the ground and smashes them down with a closed claw so they bounce up. Similar to Ike's d-throw in effect, but with less knockback. (7%)

SPECIALS
B: Flash Cannon - Scizor holds out an open claw and braces it with his other arm. A silvery-white glow begins to appear in the hollow of the claw, with a whirring noise like a drill. Hold down the 'B' button to charge it up. You can move around while charging, and even change directions. You can even jump, but only once for each time you come in contact with ground. Mechanic is sort of like Dedede's jet hammer without the self-damaging effect. This move auto-releases after about 3 seconds. When 'B' is released, Scizor's claw shoots out a silver-white beam in a line, sort of like ROB's laser. This attack is for dealing damage, since its knockback is negligible until around 200%. The beam can be angled like ROB's laser, but it won't bounce. (Uncharged - 5%) (Fully charged - 12%)

Forward + B: Brick Break - A brick wall rises up in front of Scizor for a split second, which shields him from all attacks coming from that direction and grants a few super armor frames. Then, Scizor crashes through the wall, claws first, shattering it and hitting anybody on the other side. Sort of a modified Rock Smash of sorts. About the same speed as Rock Smash, but much harder to interrupt. Highly damaging to shields. Decent knockback. (Brick wall rising damage: 5%) (Wall piece 1 hitting: 2%) (Wall piece 2 hitting: 2%) (Wall piece 3 hitting: 2%) (First claw: 9%) (Second claw: 9%) (Six hits total for up to 29%)

Down + B: Endure - Scizor shields his body with both arms crossed in front, claws open. This move works like Fox's deflector in that it will slow his descent. This move grants long lasting super armor frames. If hit during this state, all knockback to him is completely negated (although he still takes the damage). Projectiles that hit him in this state are deflected for 1.5x damage/knockback and deal no damage to Scizor. Lasts about 1 second.

Up + B: Swords Dance - Scizor glows briefly. Five swords appear around Scizor in a moderate radius, spinning and whirling around rapidly and causing him to rise upward. Has little less vertical distance than Marth's Dolphin Slash, and about the same trajectory. Has a 'Mach Tornado' effect. Slashes up to ten times from beginning to end, dealing 3% per slash (OUCH). Also possesses decent speed and priority, although it doesn't have enough launching power to really threaten anybody who's below 160%. Unlike Mach Tornado, each hit of this move has the same launching power. Vertical knockback.

Aerials
N-Air: Razor Wind - Scizor spins rapidly and wind swirls around him. Very quick. Somewhat similar in effect and speed to Zelda's n-air. Does up to 5 hits. Damage: (2%, 3%, 2%, 3%, 2%) Total of 12%. Has relatively weak knockback compared to most other aerials.

F-Air: Night Slash - Scizor slashes across the body wickedly with a claw billowing with dark energy. Almost the same as Mewtwo's Shadow Claw in Melee, with a bit more range. Fast to execute and has a very short lasting hitbox. Has a dark-flame effect like Ganon's Warlock Kick. Powerful vertical launcher. (14%)

U-Air: Steel Wing - Scizor's wings stretch out fully, glow with a silvery-white light and swing upwards. About the same start up speed as Zelda's u-air. Moderate vertical launch. Has super armor frames. Deals two hits (9%, 9%)

D-Air: Metal Claw - Similar to Samus's d-air in speed and effect (Scizor turns and swings down with an open, glowing silver-white claw), except it will only spike if sweetspotted and has a bit more range. Hits vertically with average knockback if not sweetspotted. (Damage normal: 12%) (Damage sweetspotted: 15%)

FINAL SMASH
EX Scizor - Scizor transforms into his EX state (he will shine luminously while this is active). He will be completely invulnerable to damage and knockback while transformed. His attacks and grabs will have lag time cut in half, damage/knockback boosted 25%, and also receive boosted range, and will always sweetspot. Scizor will also move slightly faster in this state and have slightly better jumps. Lasts about 20 seconds. The general properties of his attacks will remain the same.

Extras
Up Taunt - Scizor angrily crushes a Pokeball in one claw to pieces while saying its name like in Melee when it comes out of the Poke Ball. It crumbles the ball into dust. This taunt gives a little hint about why Scizor didn't return as a Pokeball Pokemon in Brawl. The eyespots on the crushing claw flash rapidly while it's crushing the Pokeball.

Left/Right Taunt - Scizor uses Focus Energy. Both claws open, facing the screen, it concentrates hard. Its eyes glow white. Flames kick up on its body, but his wings flap quickly and put out the flames. The next attack you do will deal 1% more damage if it lands, provided that this taunt isn't disrupted lol

Down Taunt - Scizor snaps its claws left and right repeatedly in front of itself with blinding speed, just like its animation in Pokemon Crystal version. Unlike in Crystal, the eyespots on both its claws will flash rapidly as it does so.

Snake: What's that? Is it a machine or a bug or something?
Otacon: According to the Pokedex, that's Scizor, the evolution of Scyther. It's a Steel and Bug type Pokemon.
Snake: It looks pretty menacing. How do I beat it?
Otacon: The Pokedex also says it's one of the most powerful Pokemon in terms of raw attack power. Since I never played Pokemon, I don't know.
Snake: Great...

Edit: Changed final smash and a few other moves slightly.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@Tornadith:
And for that you needed a new page...?

@Lemonwater:
Scizor is pretty good for a newcomer - you should maybe organize it better. The formatting is a bit confusing.

Take a look at this moveset. Isn't it FAR easier to read and far prettier to look at? I'm said to be one of the people with a great formatting style, so you might want to take a look.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Gordo and Jet2 were amazing, 2 awesome kirby sets in a row!

Sirkibble must be Sakurai, and everyone else are his collegues" ;)

Oh, and i'm also planning to do next, an alternation version of the over-detailed set:

AOSTH/YTP ROBOTNIK

majora_787

Smash Hero
Hey guys, how far is MYM4 exactly? Is there still time, or no?

Looks like there is. Just wanted to double check.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Hey guys, how far is MYM4 exactly? Is there still time, or no?

Looks like there is. Just wanted to double check.
Yep yep. All the time in the world, basically.

@Lemonwater: Nice. I agree with Spadefox that the appearance is a bit iffy...but actually if you just bolded the names of each attack I think it'd be perfect as is. The usual issue with newcomers is that it's hard to tell each section apart...which you happily avoided.

What I really like though...is just how good the moveset is. With a few notable exceptions (another Down B counter move?), you've got yourself a very good moveset there. Easily on par with the stuff you'll see from people who've been following this thing for the past few months.

I just hope people don't ignore it because of the visuals. Or the whole newcomer thing. :urg:

@Spade: I had no idea that you made a Kefka moveset. I laughed, I cried, I hatehatehate you. :bee: In a good way, of course.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yep yep. All the time in the world, basically.

@Lemonwater: Nice. I agree with Spadefox that the appearance is a bit iffy...but actually if you just bolded the names of each attack I think it'd be perfect as is. The usual issue with newcomers is that it's hard to tell each section apart...which you happily avoided.

What I really like though...is just how good the moveset is. With a few notable exceptions (another Down B counter move?), you've got yourself a very good moveset there. Easily on par with the stuff you'll see from people who've been following this thing for the past few months.

I just hope people don't ignore it because of the visuals. Or the whole newcomer thing. :urg:

@Spade: I had no idea that you made a Kefka moveset. I laughed, I cried, I hatehatehate you. :bee: In a good way, of course.
Great. I got back into my planned entries, and Dark Link will be ready by the end of the day. :bee:

Afterwards, I have an entry I've wanted to do forever. I'd love to do it NOW, but I have to finish Dark Link first.

EDIT: My list looks something like this...

Skull Kid
Death Sword
Meta Ridley
Ian (Custom)
Hunter Sylux
Darknut Guardian
Ramses (Custom)
Kiba + Akamaru
Light Samus
Dark Link

Three entries left. Who wants to bet I can get them done? :laugh:

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
I have to say that that is a great first moveset, Lemonwater (much better than my first set), but like others have stated, it's nice to make the name bigger and in a different colour.

Also, most Newcomers are passed away without people looking at the set. So, make lots of posts and more movesets, and spread your name around.

My tips!

majora_787

Smash Hero
Dark Link

Dark Link, like Link, doesn’t speak.
==================================================
Bio
Dark Link is everything that Link is not and everything that he is at the same time. It would be accurate to say he is Link's exact opposite, for whatever Link desires, Dark Link wants the opposite. He holds the skills of the Hero but instead of all things good, he is bad, this making it possible that Dark Link was created from all of the negative thoughts and feelings in Link I, the Hero of Time. It is also possible that Ganon brought life to Link I's shadow using dark and evil magic. He is filled with evil and a need to destroy the Hero and the line of the Hero.

Stats

Power: As far as control, Dark Link is exactly the same as Link. But playing style is a bit
Speed: Different.
Jump:
Recovery:
Control:

Weak Attacks

A: Dark Link uses one more powerful thrust with his sword instead of a three-hit combo like Link. 12%, medium knockback.

Up Tilt: Dark Link sprays purple flames over his head. 9%, very low knockback.

Forward Tilt: Dark Link does a spin kick. 13%, low knockback.

Down Tilt: Dark Link forms a ring of purple flames around his feet. 12%, low knockback.

Dash Attack: Dark Link stabs forward directly into the opponent, and then runs into them, knocking them back. 11%, low knockback.

Ledge Attack 1: Dark Link flips over onto the ledge while doing something similar to Helm Splitter. 8%, large knockback.

Ledge Attack 2: Dark Link jumps onto the ledge doing something that looks like his original ledge attack, but covered in dark fire. 10%, large knockback.

Smash Attacks

Up Smash: Dark Link holds his right hand over his head and a purple explosion comes out of it. 17%, low knockback.

Forward Smash: Dark Link stabs forward with his sword while purple sparks shoot from the blade. 21%, medium knockback.

Down Smash: Dark Link drags his sword in a complete 360 around his feet. 17%, low knockback.

Special Attacks

^B: Dark Spin
Dark Link imitates the Spin Attack by doing an extra jump, and then spinning around while holding his sword outstretched with both hands. Not as good of a recovery, but does more attack damage. 17%, large knockback.

>B: Dark Lunge
Dark Link imitates the Jump Attack by jumping forward in the air and slamming his sword down in front of him in a purple explosion. 13%, medium knockback.

vB: Dark Charge/Dark Counter
When Dark Link fights, his dark energy attacks get weaker. If you keep using them long enough after the Dark Fire disappears from the attacks, they will begin to do damagve between 1 and 3%. Dark Link can hold his down and B position to recharge dark energy, the whole time seemingly vulnerable. A charge from empty to full takes 30 seconds of charging. After ten dark energy attacks, the point where power begins to drop, it only takes ten seconds to fully charge. If Dark Link is attacked while charging his dark energies, the move becomes Dark Counter...

Dark Link’s signature counter. He charges his dark energy like normal, but when he gets attacked he jumps forward over the attack. If the opponent is close enough, Dark Link will footstool jump off of them, but instead of jumping up and off, he simply jumps down right behind them. The attack its self does no damage and has no knockback, but it opens enemies up for a good smash attack.

B: Dark Will
Dark energy pulses from Dark Link’s right hand and moves forward a short distance. If it hits opponents far enough away, it simply explodes in their face. If it hits them nearby however, they fall asleep, making an opening for a quick attack. However, the opening is very brief, so a smash attack is not recommended.

Final Smash: Hero’s Shadow
Dark Link makes a motion with his hand and a dark portal appears around him. The nearest player gets sucked into the portal, and inside, they attempt to defeat Dark Link with their Final Smash. However, Dark Link then absorbs the final smash, and the final smash comes out of the portal after the cutscene, controlled by computer AI. All final smashes are still just as powerful as they used to be, no changes were made except that they all lack cutscenes and characters. They all come from THE PORTAL. Afterwards, the opponent gets spat out of the portal for 40% damage and the portal vanishes.

Aerials

Up Aerial: Dark Link sprays dark energy above his head with his sword. 15%.

Forward Aerial: Dark Link does something resembling a very weak ganon punch. 9%.

Back Aerial: Dark Link stabs backwards with the hilt of his sword. 11%.

Down Aerial: Same as Link’s, but the sword becomes covered in dark energy.

Neutral Aerial: Dark Link spins in the air and dark energy surrounds him. 10%.

Throws

Grab: Dark Link uses a dark clawshot to grab targets.

Grab Attack: Dark Link shocks the opponent with dark energy. 2%.

Up Throw: Dark Link throws the opponent up, and they get struck by purple lightning. 7%.

Forward Throw: Dark Link lets go of his opponent and then kicks them away. 7%, medium knockback.

Back Throw: Dark Link throws the opponent back and then swats them away with his sword. 7%, medium knockback.

Down Throw: Dark Link throws the opponent onto the ground face-first. 7%.

Taunts + Victory Poses

Up Taunt: Dark Link laughs evilly, and shows his entertainment.

Side Taunt: Dark Link scratches the back of his head and stretches.

Down Taunt: Dark Link points his sword forward and growls.

Victory 1: Dark Link does Link’s sword sheathe taunt.

Victory 2: Dark Link laughs evilly while vanishing in purple fire.

Victory 3: Dark Link stands silently and stares at the screen.

Other

Idle Pose: Same as Link.

Losing Pose: Dark Link stares at the screen with his arms folded, and disappears in a cloud of purple fire.

Shield: Same as Link.

Forward Roll: Same as Link.

Back Roll: Same as Link.

Dodge: Same as Link.

Air Dodge: Same as Link.

Dizzy: Same as Link.

Sleep: Same as Link.

Stage Entry: A pool of mirror-like water appears on the stage, and Dark Link oozes out of it.

Select Screen: You hear Dark Link laugh evilly followed by the sound of a sword collision.

Misc.

Codec:
Snake – Hey Otacon, this guy looks like Link!
Otacon – [Static]
Snake – Otacon…? …This guy must be jamming the signal.
Snake - I guess I’m gonna have to help myself here.

Kirby Hat: Kirby gets a gray version of Link’s hat, and his eyes turn red.

Alternate Costumes: Same as Link’s alternate costumes, but the colors are darker, and his skin tone and eye color remain the same. His hair slightly tints with the costume.

Unlock Methods:
-Defeat the SSE forest on Intense, and then defeat Dark link.
-Use Link in versus matches 500 times.

HOLY crap...geeze. I got the whole thing done this morning, and now my fingers hurt. :laugh:

It's been...what. 558 pages since my last entry? I think it could be totally worth it. =P

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
EDIT: Okay, Dark Orchid. Is that better?
It's better, yes.

Even though I have to state that you obviously are stuck in MYM3-starting era. Many generic sword slashes, and the descriptions leave much things to wish for... You should definitely try to work over it.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ummm... that dark purple makes the moveset unreadable, and my eyes are currently dying.
I FIXED the dark purple. Now stop whining about friggin EYE CANCER. XD

ANYWAY, my next Make Your Move undertaking is my favorite Metroid Character aside from Ridley...who I alreayd entered in 3.0.

Ghor will be beating more than just your ship this time around. :D

EDIT: Well, it's Dark Link. The farther I get from characters I REALLY REALLY want, the less I have to work with and the more generic it gets. The only vision I had for Dark Link was a different swordplay style than Link's, but if you have any ideas just send them to me and I'll try to shift things around.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Um, the color isn't that bad.

Now, the moveset.

Too many generic sword sweeps. Come up with more interesting attacks. F Smash is overpowered.

There are some nice ideas, like Dark Will. May I suggest that you maybe, add a special mechanic? Dark energy that makes attacks more or less powerful depending on how much you have? It has potential, but this moveset lacks much originality.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Just when you thought MYM characters couldn't feel anymore like a real Smash Bros character...

The Black Doom Back Room (bet you can't say that 3 times fast:bee:)

Come, fellow MYMers, help Black Doom destroy the puny Sakurai move sets and dominate the competative scene!

majora_787

Smash Hero
Um, the color isn't that bad.

Now, the moveset.

Too many generic sword sweeps. Come up with more interesting attacks. F Smash is overpowered.

There are some nice ideas, like Dark Will. May I suggest that you maybe, add a special mechanic? Dark energy that makes attacks more or less powerful depending on how much you have? It has potential, but this moveset lacks much originality.
I apologize for that, but it's DARK LINK. I mean, I wanted them to be pretty similar without being carbon copies.

Generic sword sweeps, well I could honestly say that tilts and A-button attacks are always pretty generic.

The mechanic sounds like a possibility, too. I'm going to stop trying dark or copy characters, because I seem to have the usual problems with that.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Just when you thought MYM characters couldn't feel anymore like a real Smash Bros character...

Come, fellow MYMers, help Black Doom destroy the puny Sakurai move sets and dominate the competative scene!
I seriously Lol'd, and I can't believe you actually did it XD

Lolchillinz

Baloo

Smash Ace

OMG! That is so weird, and yet awesome.

Black Doom has potential, and tons of advanced techniques, but lacks power. WE MUST BRING HIM TO TOP TIER!!!! With Chef Kawasaki dominating competitive play (lol) we need to show that Black Doom can win too!

majora_787

Smash Hero
I DID say it three times fast. So where's the money? :bee:

Nah, kidding. Okay, so I'll get those Dark Link issues fixed up before I start the Ghor moveset...

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
OMG! That is so weird, and yet awesome.

Black Doom has potential, and tons of advanced techniques, but lacks power. WE MUST BRING HIM TO TOP TIER!!!! With Chef Kawasaki dominating competitive play (lol) we need to show that Black Doom can win too!
Dr robotniks metagame is too big to describe, he has massive potential which people are trying to dig out badly.

-I'll stop spamming now

majora_787

Smash Hero
Okay, I managed to tweak Dark Link.

His mechanic is that MOST of his attacks use dark energy, and he can use up to 30 dark energy attacks before he needs to recharge. After 10 attacks, the power of dark energy attacks will begin to drop, and Dark Link will need to use "Dark Charge" for ten seconds to renew the energy. However, if ALL of the dark energy gets used up, then it will take thirty seconds of charging to get it back to full.

So to make the system a bit more important to him, I took AWAY some of his sword attacks and made more of his moves use dark energy.

I was close to making him take damage after 50 attacks, but I don't think that would be a good idea. :laugh:

emergency

Smash Journeyman
I am going to borrow this post so I can test out the BB codes and examine what contrasts well on this black background.
http://google.com
Bold
Italics
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
color
color
color
color
color
color
color
color​
color
color
color
  • Color?
  • Lists?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@Chief Mendez:
Gordo was funny. FUNNY!

@Lemonwater: Great first moveset! Like Chief said, Counter is ehhh...and Giga Impact is such a boring Final Smash for such a cool Pokemon (seriously, everyone uses Giga Impact). The layout seems a little disorganized, but otherwise, good job!

@major: Dark Link's attacks seem kind of bland...but that's just my opinion. Also, describing how fast some attacks are would be kind of nice. Otherwise, good job!

Smady

Smash Master
@ Dark Link: You need to diversify with the moveset and branch out to weapons or other pieces of equipment Link uses in Zelda, or even techniques that Dark Link / other bosses have used. The worst crime you can commit in a MYM moveset is stating a move is, "exactly like [character]'s" - please rectify! Also, you need more detail in moves like his specials and generally in how each move operates. It's not enough to say it's a 'slash' or 'swipe', state how the character slashes and swipes - direction, force, animation, etc., you seem to grasp damage at least, but again, you overpowered some of your moves (15%+ is pushing it for any kind of move).

I like your choice of character, but he's basically a Link clone. Be more imaginative!

AND before I forget, don't use such big text. Use the standard text size - no dark / bright colours primarily either, it hurts the eyes. I'm not kidding, either, presentation is a massive factor.

Smady

Smash Master
@ Scizor: You need more detail and really I would recommend using the Pokemon sprites to advocate your points, but, other than those perceived faults, it's a decent first effort. I look forward to seeing what you'll bring us in the future.

A key point to presentation is spacing. You should leave at least a line between moves so that they're easy to spot out.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Toad Brigade is taking foreeeeeeeeeever. Really, I can't think of standard attacks. If anyone wants to do a joint Toad Brigade moveset, I'd be very very happy to.

majora_787

Smash Hero
@ Dark Link: You need to diversify with the moveset and branch out to weapons or other pieces of equipment Link uses in Zelda, or even techniques that Dark Link / other bosses have used. The worst crime you can commit in a MYM moveset is stating a move is, "exactly like [character]'s" - please rectify! Also, you need more detail in moves like his specials and generally in how each move operates. It's not enough to say it's a 'slash' or 'swipe', state how the character slashes and swipes - direction, force, animation, etc., you seem to grasp damage at least, but again, you overpowered some of your moves (15%+ is pushing it for any kind of move).

I like your choice of character, but he's basically a Link clone. Be more imaginative!

AND before I forget, don't use such big text. Use the standard text size - no dark / bright colours primarily either, it hurts the eyes. I'm not kidding, either, presentation is a massive factor.
Yeh...I'll work on speed and attack detail...I'll probably take a long time to perfect my Ghor moveset.

But I went with brighter colors because Indigo gave Spadefox eye cancer.

He isn't THAT much of a clone, as far as being a SHADOW of someone is concerned...

I'll try to avoid attacks going over 20. But all of the damage is from smash. So.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom