• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

mew2king, how do you beat peach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razor

Smash Journeyman
I've heard the rumors and part of me does not believe it. apparently mew2king's sheik is a peach slayer. i definitely think it's in sheik's favor, but that's from a peach perspective. everytime i try using sheik against peach, i lose. m2k, i summon you!!!

I.B

Smash Lord
needle abuse.

massive massive needle abuse.

you probably think i'm kidding too.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
ur dumb if ur using sheik if you hit down-b you transform into zelda and zelda completely ***** peach m2k back me up here

Metà

Smash Master
Sheik kills your Peach at leisure.

B-air, d-throw, needles, f-air, and u-air all **** Peach so hard it's not even funny. Camp needles and back-airs around platforms and you're good to go!

Razor

Smash Journeyman
sigh. i was hoping for a serious post from mew2king. he gave great advice on how to beat captain falcon and how to do sheik dittos. what happened m2k?

Celph

Smash Journeyman
yeah dude, it's not helpful at all when people are like "hey use sheik's good moves and you win." uh no ****, but when you're playing good peaches you actually need to know what you're doing.

Metà

Smash Master
yeah dude, it's not helpful at all when people are like "hey use sheik's good moves and you win." uh no ****, but when you're playing good peaches you actually need to know what you're doing.
Against actually good Peaches, you're going to need to be good. No one here can help you with that, you just have to learn from experience.

Don't get d-smashed/punish their d-smashes, camp ledges, pressure with jabs, and the aforementioned good moves. You just have to know the match-up and use your character to their fullest potential, while exploiting the other character's weaknesses.

ynnek123

Smash Ace
Did I read this wrong or did you just...

Give advice to m2k?

lol

soap

Smash Hero
I'm waitin for m2k to come up in here like

SPAM MOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAR.

now im waiting for drephen to come in here and call m2k a noob.

banks had it right though, back air.... and grab. just focus on those two things and weave it into however u move around the stage.

Banks

Smash Hero
short hop back air them over and over with the tip of your foot and watch them wonder wtf to do for a good five minutes. they'll eventually get around that homo stuff, but use some other homo methods like needle spam etc. if you have trouble it's probly cuz u get downsmashed alot i'm guessing? u can pressure sheilds with fair too but u have to space carefully and stuff. if you go for grabs and get spot dodged/dsmashed, stop going for it. and act more f@ggy and wait til they are more offensive, then try to sneak grabs in.

stay a leg's length away

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
When you D-throw Peach, if she DI behind you, I do U-tilt/Uair and keep her above me with more Uair.

If she DI away you can regrab to just under 30 I think. After that what you do is mostly whatever but I like simple Fair.

If she tries camping back with turnips, just charge a full set of needles and time them to hit her when she's plucked or thrown it.

To approach now I run at them and WD down about the distance of an F-tilt and a bit more at them and then wait for them to do something. Or I SH so when I land I'll be just over a Bair's distance away from them and then if they approach I Bair them through it and if they don't approach I land and then wait because I'm still at that distance. Or, alternatively, I double jump and waveland or something or jump away with needle charge or throw needles.

It is extremely advantageous to be behind Peach when she is in shield.

I'm finding the biggest problem with people vs Peach is that they try to be super fancy with needles and stuff when she's floating at them or they do the wrong things at the wrong time. They'll FJ onto a platform and needle and then platform drop and double jump into more needles when they Peach is approaching high in front of them with Fair rather then jumping above Peach and descending with Nair, or - for the more practical - SH Bairing at them. Or, for the even safer, just waiting for Peach to land and then running away or kicking at that point.

Don't be fancy... kick her when you're supposed to kick her, needle her if she's trying to camp you back or if it's convenient, and don't get stuck with no room to jump back and Fair. If you do get stuck, Up+B stall, do a perfect ledgedash and get your breathing room back.

soap

Smash Hero
If she tries camping back with turnips, just charge a full set of needles and time them to hit her when she's plucked or thrown it.
this is a lil trick i look for on big stages like FD. stay far away and charge.

keep your eyes on her and when she pulls the turnip wait for the fulljump and rush under the turnip and u get a free fair.

if they r tricky and just float, u run under the fair and bair.

this really works:)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Nowadays I avoid Fair against Peach unless she's already airborne or I know I cannot under any circumstances be punished for it because of where I am in relation to her.

Except for FJ rising Fair that hits her when she comes in for dash attack or Nairs or something. That's ninja enough to be pro.

soap

Smash Hero
Nowadays I avoid Fair against Peach unless she's already airborne or I know I cannot under any circumstances be punished for it because of where I am in relation to her.

Except for FJ rising Fair that hits her when she comes in for dash attack or Nairs or something. That's ninja enough to be pro.
i get alot of dthrow to double fair on peach usually..

i was talking about smacking her out the air after u snake under her turnips and she is lagging cuz she throws like a girl.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Wow misinterpretation by me ftl.

I always regrab until they hit 27 and then usually do something after.

If they go behind me I do up moves and try to keep her above me for as long as I can with mostly Uair. Eventually I have to Bair and set an edgeguard though.

I'm not entirely sure what to do if they decide not to DI (it never happens) but I think I can SHFFL Uair on it at low-medium and U-smash at medium-high so... yeah.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
like how sheik lags if she throws standing needles or rising needles?

hmm..girl throws ftw.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
cuz she isnt a ninja

shes a princess...to dainty for all that fancy shmancy stuff.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Be patient, space your tilts, learn to needle camp, learn your grab game. DONE

Razor

Smash Journeyman
okay, so here's another question. does sheik actually have an advantage over peach???

i really don't know. the only thing i feel that is broken about sheik in this match up is d-throw to slap. maybe the ftilt. i still feel as a peach you can play your normal game and not worry too much.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
i still feel as a peach you can play your normal game and not worry too much.
Peach's normal game doesn't really change.

Having said that, Sheik's game is better than Peach's in this matchup. Therefore she has an advantage. I don't think it's a **** advantage, and most of the Peaches I've asked about it didn't think so either (Xif, Vwins, a few others) but Sheik's a better character and it shows. That's just how it is.

edit: All Peach has on you, basically, is a super ridiculous Fair, the super awesome turnip --> Fair approach game, a crazy close combat game at low percents, and devastatingly hot edgeguarding. Most of this involves her being really close, though, and at low percent. So if you can deny her those, you should be okay.

If you can raise her to that percent where your aerials knock her away too far to be CCed and outspace her Fair and punish her for using it, and manuever around her turnips and avoid being trapped by them and forced to take the super pressure Fair from hell to your shield / face you will be fine.

On that note, avoid close combat like the mother****ing plague. Peach will **** your **** up if you let her in. Do NOT let her in under any circumstances.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
m2k is a noob
:bee::bee:

But yeah, don't get ***** by cc garbage at low percents, just space well.

And learn how to crouch the first hit of the dsmash when you up b on stage so that way the second hit hits you in towards the stage instead of back out. The extra 12% is worth not dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom