• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm like, halfway done. I just need to make the alternate costumes, and then work out all of the attacks...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Finally read the other movesets!

Comments:

@Wiz: Very cool! A few things, though:
-What's a Bronto Burt? :confused:
-What exactly is the range on the Side-B?
-LOL nice Yu-Gi-Oh! references. I like Magical Hats; I was going to use a similar move for Yugi
-The Smash attacks are really cool, but seem too weak, to me at least
-Some Final Smashes seem a bit...graphic?

Other than that, Wiz looks really fun and interesting! Good job.

@Klavier: He's great (good use of BBCode, too), but my only criticisms are the somewhat complicated Adaptation mechanic (maybe it's just me). It's not hard to understand or implement, but just seems too complicated in Smash Bros. Like I said though, maybe it's just me, or maybe I'd just have to see it in action to really judge it. Also, the neutral B seems a little strong. :p

Other than that, great job!

@Robo Ky 2: Great job with your second moveset, though as someone else said...the "purchasing" thing is really just not Smash Bros. It's a cool idea, though, to have a customizable character. Good work.

what are your thoughts on my set choices?
Why not worry a little more about the current contest instead? :bee:

I'm like, halfway done. I just need to make the alternate costumes, and then work out all of the attacks...
All of the attacks? How are you halfway done then?! :dizzy:

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
@Wiz: Very cool! A few things, though:
Thank you!
-What's a Bronto Burt? :confused:

An annoying little pink enemy in many Kirby games.
-What exactly is the range on the Side-B?
Oh, about two crates' distance.
-LOL nice Yu-Gi-Oh! references. I like Magical Hats; I was going to use a similar move for Yugi
Your welcome, I was wondering if you and Lenus were gonna get those :)
-The Smash attacks are really cool, but seem too weak, to me at least
I wasn't really focused on doing a lot of damage with Wiz's smashes, but to each his own.
-Some Final Smashes seem a bit...graphic?
:D That was my intention.
Other than that, Wiz looks really fun and interesting! Good job.
Thanks, again!

Akiak

Smash Ace
I'm loving Klavier (btw did you know that means piano in german?).
Playstyle in general is well thought and your color choices are great.

My next moveset is almost done!!! Maybe I'll have it on in 2 days

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Hehehehehehhehehe, if people didn't believe me when I first said it, but i'm actually carring through with it. This is the start of AOSTH Robotnik

AOSTH Robotnik Neutral B said:
Neutral B: PINGAS

SnooPINGAS usual I see

Animation:(This is a storage charge move) Robotnik looks down, and unzips his trousers, and sticks his hand in his pants. We can see the pants moving forward and back quickly. When this is fully charged, we see pants grow out a bit, and then a thick white liquid gushes out from his pants about 8.5 stage builder blocks wide, and is 1.5 stage builder blocks thick going upwards. When you press this move to charge this up, Robotnik will shout “COME ON”, and when you release this, he says in a relax tone “Yeahhh”.

Properties:You can only use this move if it’s fully charged. This takes about 6 seconds to fully charge. As stated in the animation, it reaches a very far distance. When you charge this, it has near no start-up lag, and can be rolled out of if the situations dangerous. When it’s fully charged, this has quite a bit of start-up and ending lag, and the duration is quite long. This move does many multiple hits, which is extremely hard to DI out off. From the start of this move, it can deal 35% with the final hit doing high knockback.

Uses:When you charge this up, be a very safe place. This will be very hard to charge up in one go, you should try to do little bit of charging up and various times, and with this huge range, make your opponent suffer for actually letting you charge this very long move.
AOSTH Robotnik Side B said:
Side B: Robotnik says the N word

Robotnik says the N-word (0:01 - 0:11)

Animation:Dr. Robotnik starts rambling on, and as he is doing so, he is jumping up and down, walking around in a circle on his own from time to time as he rambles on (The exact words are from the link above). But at the end of it, when he says “You… You Ni -” The screen flashes white for a long time (The duration of the beep in the above link), Doing a massive amount of knockback and damage to the enemy. In the air, he spins around, crouches into his body.

Properties:This takes a whole 10 seconds to happen, and it can’t be rolled out of. However, there is super armour frames at the beginning and last 2 seconds of the long speech. This has little start-up lag, and as soon as the white flash disappears, Dr. Robotnik can move as normal. This deals a hefty 50% and extremely high knockback. The range covers the whole screen, and it can’t be dodged.

Uses:If you manage to hit with this… Just say that the opponent is extremely terrible, I mean, 10 seconds to pull off, THAT TAKES FOREVER. This move is pretty much a one hit-ko if you DO hit it. Any advice for this move other than to NOT use it, is to use it on a huge stage like Hyrule temple, New Pork City, or any huge custom stage.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Well it is true, but this is a thread where you make your own character essentially, and Ice Climbers has always been a glaring deviation in my eyes (and I also dislike them), but they seem to be doing fine and dandy. So why not someone who can change his Special moves to far a greater extent than Kirby?

I've thought this would be a good character to use because Guilty Gear is on the DS, so it could be a possible third party character. Well...even if he is, in reality it would take a Smash 4 for him to be introduced. Everyone here is making 'Brawl' characters though. =P

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Well it is true, but this is a thread where you make your own character essentially, and Ice Climbers has always been a glaring deviation in my eyes (and I also dislike them), but they seem to be doing fine and dandy. So why not someone who can change his Special moves to far a greater extent than Kirby?
It's a good concept, but you do all the customization outside the battle and even outside the character select screen...maybe when you select Robo-Ky, 4 more little tokens appear on the char. select screen that you can place on any other characters to acquire their special moves? Also, it makes Robo Ky's set of default specials seem kind of pointless.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
THAT IS ALL
Hey! Give that back! :mad:

I've thought this would be a good character to use because Guilty Gear is on the DS, so it could be a possible third party character. Well...even if he is, in reality it would take a Smash 4 for him to be introduced. Everyone here is making 'Brawl' characters though. =P
There's also a Guilty Gear on Wii, so.

Anyways, don't let these fools get'cha down--that was an awesome moveset, and the only way Robo Ky would work. If this were the SSB4 thread, and you were actualy suggesting the guy as a new addition to a future Smash Bros. game, then I would have more than a few words for you. The mechanic isn't a practical, viable option...but it's damn cool, and perfect for the character.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Great sets everyone, especially Wiz and Hades, since they're the only ones I've had time to see yet. The rest are great too, I'm sure.

Akiak, is that Toad or something else? Becasue Toad will not be dome in two days.

My next moveset! Dimentio! It's a lot better than Warlord's.

Dimentio
Power: 4/5
Walking Speed: 3/5
Dash speed: 4.5/5
Range: 5/5
Projectile distance: 4/5
Drop speed/weight: 2/5
Size: 2/5
1st jump: 5/5
2-4 Jumps: 3/5
Crouch: 2/5
Traction: 5/5
Combo: 2/5
Wall jump: Yes
Wall cling: Yes
Crawling: Yes
Glide: No
Tether: Yes

Pros:
High power
Fast
Projectile
Multiple jumps and great recovery
Can reflect all attacks with Down B

Cons:
Light
Bad combos

Dimentio is 2D, just like GaW. He hovers in the air, so very low attacks won't hurt him. He has many jumps, little lag, and powerful specials. All 4 of his specials are projectiles, and 2 his ariels spike. Mostly good matchups, but not broken.

Standard Attacks

A: Small magic burst, low knockback

A Combo: Two magic bursts and then he claps and there is a big magic burst, high knockback and range

Side A: Kick, low range and knockback

Up A: Big burst of stars above head. medium knockback, very low range

Down A: Spins around. Huge range, low knockback. Small vacuum affect.

Smash Attacks

Side Smash: Slaps foward. High knockback, low range. 19%

Up Smash: Big magic burst upwards. Huge knockback, medium range. 29%

Down Smash: Does a ground pound. Distorts the ground around it. Low knockback, high range. 14%

Air Attacks

Neutral Air: Blasts dimensional magic out of his hands. High range, low knockback.

Foward Air: Kicks legs foward. low knockback, medium range.

Backwards Air: Spins and slashes one hand outward. High knockback, medium range. Spike

Up Air: Blasts dimensional magic out of hid hands upwards. High range, high knockback

Down Air: kicks downward, dimension magic bursts around his feet. Very strong spike if it connects. High range and knockback.

Situational Attacks

Dash: Spins foward, last hit he throws hid hands out and bursts dimenion magic out of them.

Get-Up: Flips in midair. very low range, but huge knockback. KO's at 40 percent, but has to be overlapping opponent.

Ledge: Does a cartwheel upward. very low knockback and range.

Grab and Throws

Grab attack: Slaps

Forward Throw: Pulls backward, then thrusts his hands foward and blasts energy rings out. High knockback

Back Throw: Spins quickly and throws the opponent backward. Low knockback

Up Throw: Throws opponent upward and claps his hands above him, blasting them upwards. High knockback

Down Throw: Jumps on opponent. Low knockback, but 24%

Special Attacks:

B--Dimensional Magic: Charges a star on dimension magic like the kid he used to kill Nastasia. Uncharged: 7% Charged: 19% Super Charged: 24% High Knockback

Side B--Floro Sprout: Throws Floro sprout. If it connects the opponent will have the flower effect, exept a floro sprount instwead of a flower will be on it's head. When it hits 10% is given. Up to 40% from the flower effect. No knockback.

Up B--Warp: Just like his teleportation from SPM, but when he appears again if he pressed B while invisible he will have a duplicate. 0%, but his duplicate will chase a random opponant and act like the Metroid assist trophy for 2 seconds. Up to 25%

Down B--Put You In A Box And Blow You Up: Creates a box and puts it infront of him. If a person is right there they will go in the box and get up to 60% If they are not there but attack Dimentio while the box is still there they go in the box for up to 30% While he does this attack he shouts "And so I strike, like an unseen dodgeball in an echoing gymnasium." If he is attacked from behind while the box is up the box shoots foward doing 5 damage to everyone in it's path.

FINAL SMASH—Super Dimentio: Dimentio shouts: "Now... Ladies and gentlemen, get ready for the greatest magic show you'll ever see!" There is a short animated scene with the Void, the Chaos Heart, Mr. L, and Dimentio warping together. After that you control Super Dimentio until time runs out. All of your B attacks get replaced. B: Those white square bombs that he shoots. B>: Super Punch B^: Ground Pound BV: Chaos Heart. It isn't a real attack in the game, but he shoots the chaos heart out of his mouth. Huge knockback on all 4 attacks.

I know, awesome.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
okay, i just made this move and it's just too cool (to me) to not preview, so here you go:

starman's B:hero's beacon
starman puts his right hand on the gem holding his cape up and a circle of red light about 1.5 times the size of kirby will appear around him. this has two effects depending on what happens during the next two seconds. you can cancel the beacon with R/B. if the opponent touches or physically attacks the sphere or starman while the beacon is up, he will see them as a criminal for interfereing with his heroic duties. the beacon dissapears and an area around starman and anyone who penetrated the light darkens as we hear punching sounds as well as see classic comic onamonepias such as PIFF, SOK, and BOF, those being damaged taking 10%. the opponents are then seen bing held by the throat by starman and held in the air, somehow in the black-and-white-stripes cartoon jail suit. they will then be tossed a slight distance away. they remain in the costumes and receive 2% extra damage from all of starman's attacks for the rest of the current stock.

now if he is not touched, a batman-esque signal that features the shape of his 'head' appears in the sky, clearly visible. he then zooms offscreen, doing 5% and low knockback to those who touch him on the way there. after 2.5 seconds, he will hastily land, his cape waving in the spring breeze, with 5% more damage from the fight he had with the criminals. he will also have 10 extra coins in a coin match for a reward. this is mainly for dodging full screen attacks.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
CHAPTER 11 OF The 13th Hour HAS BEEN POSTED!

People who might be interested:
- Chief Mendez
- SirKibble
- ~Cruxis~
- dancingfrogman
- half_silver28
- KingK.Rool
- Hyper_Ridley
- agidius
- Kholdstare
- MasterWarlord
- Baloo
- BKupa666
- Kirby fans
- Super Mario Galaxy fans
- People liking Space theme
- People liking Underwater theme

Akiak

Smash Ace
Baloo no it isn't Toad. Just wait and see...

Where's agidius?

EDIT: Read your chapter Spayed. You're definetely one of the best SSE makers there are. That beautiful organization with links to songs and all is fabulous. Content is pretty nice too but the organization is what makes it stand out.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Please keep your Story Mode commentary in the SM's own thread (like I just did with my comment on Chapter 11 ^_^). That's why we have the things in their own threads, so that the MYM thread doesn't become cluttered with a miilion SM updates and their commentary overlapping each other.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Please keep your Story Mode commentary in the SM's own thread (like I just did with my comment on Chapter 11 ^_^). That's why we have the things in their own threads, so that the MYM thread doesn't become cluttered with a miilion SM updates and their commentary overlapping each other.
Hyper Ridley, did you get my PM? I have yet to decide on deffinate stats for Ghor. I'm done with EVERYTHING but A button attacks at this point.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Hey! Give that back! :mad:

There's also a Guilty Gear on Wii, so.

Anyways, don't let these fools get'cha down--that was an awesome moveset, and the only way Robo Ky would work. If this were the SSB4 thread, and you were actualy suggesting the guy as a new addition to a future Smash Bros. game, then I would have more than a few words for you. The mechanic isn't a practical, viable option...but it's damn cool, and perfect for the character.
Thanks haha. I do try to make my characters interesting.

I will very likely make more Guilty Gear characters in the near future.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Thanks haha. I do try to make my characters interesting.

I will very likely make more Guilty Gear characters in the near future.
Did you see my two cents about Robo on that page?

I absolutely love the moveset, and the special trait is cool, but it kinda doesn't work for Smash.

airsmasher

Smash Apprentice
Starman's a character from Earthbound.
Chapter 2 of my SSE is up! Check my blog for it; I kinda blanked on the BBCode for links.
People who might be interested:
-MasterWarlord
-Dancingfrogman
-Sonic the Baron
-Dark Knight fans
-Sonic Fans
-Everyone! Come check it out.

Salvo Fenris

Smash Apprentice
Lava Titan: This molten Titan appears with a fiery blast, and begins oozing in place, taking up about one-third of Final Destination. You can use the Control Stick to slowly direct the oozing beast around, causing hit foes to be damaged 15% and knocked upwards, as if they hit the lava on Norfair. Although this may seem broken, this lasts 10 seconds, which is the shortest time for a Titan to stay onstage. Plus, foes with good recovery can float over the beast's lava, and any foe can Floor Tech and use the invincibility frames to jump up and avoid the lava. Overall, this is not the most helpful Titan for KOing foes, but can be the best to efficiently build damage. After 15 seconds, Hades reappears in his chariot (which vanishes), saying, "Boom-bada-boom-boom-boom!" and you commence controlling him again, the Titan vanishing in a fiery blast again.
Sorry, just something I wanted to point out. I assume the second one should be 10 seconds.

Sorry for making my first post in here a correction, hopefully I'm not going to come across as an ***. I've been lurking in this thread for a little while now, and I have to say, I'm really impressed. I've been reading movesets since.... umm... I think Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright. At first, I just read them and dismissed it as something I could never do. But as I continued to follow the movesets, I've started to think that this looks like something that would be enjoyable to do as opposed to just reading, and definitely be a better way to spend my free time. I don't expect to do anywhere near as well as the regulars of MYM4, but I think I'd like to give it a shot. I've been paying attention to tips that have been given and the overall format, but if anyone has any common newbie mistakes that I should be made aware of, it'd be much appreciated. I look forward to (maybe) being a part of this, and I'm glad I saw the topic.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Mandez gave me the Green lights so yea

GUNDAM 00
(pronounced Double O Gundam)​

EDIT:WHOOPS pressed the submit key by accident. Full Moveset coming soon in another post. Just claimed this before any one else did :p

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Sorry, just something I wanted to point out. I assume the second one should be 10 seconds.

Sorry for making my first post in here a correction, hopefully I'm not going to come across as an ***. I've been lurking in this thread for a little while now, and I have to say, I'm really impressed. I've been reading movesets since.... umm... I think Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright. At first, I just read them and dismissed it as something I could never do. But as I continued to follow the movesets, I've started to think that this looks like something that would be enjoyable to do as opposed to just reading, and definitely be a better way to spend my free time. I don't expect to do anywhere near as well as the regulars of MYM4, but I think I'd like to give it a shot. I've been paying attention to tips that have been given and the overall format, but if anyone has any common newbie mistakes that I should be made aware of, it'd be much appreciated. I look forward to (maybe) being a part of this, and I'm glad I saw the topic.
Thanks for pointing this out; I was simply copy-pasting that part from the previous two Titans. You don't come across as an @$$ at all. Welcome to MYM.

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
Right right! Can't filly about with one's health, droogy.
Of course, Georgie.

Where's agidius?
The Ag-Man is in outerspace defending the Space Lemurs from the attacking '78 Detriot Lions defence who are attacking to get delicious moon cake.

On related news: L is getting kind of hard for me...I'm still sticking to it, though. Sakurai on the other hand in easy for me, expect him to be full of random stuff. If I can, I might post a preview of Sakurai.

Meadow

Smash Apprentice
Here's a small preview of my in-progress moveset, Princess Daisy. It's currently the longest one so far, and one of the most...random, I guess you could say. Enjoy!

Down B : Sporty Wardrobe – Daisy will stand and snap her fingers, producing a medium sized wooden wardrobe beside her. The wardrobe opens as soon as it appears, and Daisy pulls out a random weapon that cannot be seen as the wardrobe door covers Daisy's actions. The wardrobe disappears in a puff of orange smoke and Daisy will unleash her attack, damaging the opponent. Daisy will also change into her sport clothes in a twirling instant as she pulls the tool out of the wardrobe. There are a couple of different equips, all of them relating to a sport Daisy has participated in. There is an equal chance of each tool appearing. [20% Chance] They are :

Note : To prevent any projectile spam of this move, Daisy may only use Sporty Wardrobe once after she has inflicted 50% damage or more on an(y) opponent(s).

Golf Club – Daisy pulls out a golf club with an orange and yellow stripe on the handle, and a golf tee appears, holding a golf ball. Daisy takes a quick swing at the ball, causing it to fly in a far reaching arc as the ball bursts into flower petals. Anyone hit by the ball or club will be damaged. [Club : 8%, Ball : 12%] (Range : Club : Average. It reaches in front of Daisy a moderate distance away, and can hit behind her, so it's not that bad. Golf Ball : The golf ball is considered a projectile, which obviously means it can reach a far distance away; however, be careful if the golf ball is reflected; the golf ball will zoom back towards Daisy at an alarming speed.) (Speed : Club : Moderately slow. The club attack can be shielded if you have moderately good reflexes. Golf Ball : Fast. It has the same speed as a fully charged Link/Toon Link arrow.) (Knockback : Club : High. The club can KO an opponent at fairly low percentages despite its low damage. Golf Ball : Average. It sends the opponent ricocheting of off the ground, but not enough for a ceiling or Star KO.

Comments [Golf Club] : It's one of Daisy's best weapons, just like Peach's golf club. The ball has good speed, and both do good damage and knockback. The only downside of the attack is is that Daisy can be hit by the back, though not as bad as some others since the golf club can hit behind her, and the fact that there is some endlag as Daisy stuffs the club away, making the start and end of her attack slightly predictable.

Tennis Racket – Daisy takes out her tennis racket, with her trademark 'White and Turquoise Daisy' flower image imprinted on the netting. Daisy will bounce a small, green tennis ball in the air once before taking a swing at it, sending the tennis ball flying towards the opponent. The tennis ball will bounce off of any surface it contacts, and will disappear if it hits an opponent, item, or if it flies off the stage. If done properly, the tennis ball may be trapped inside an enclosed chamber, becoming a deadly projectile. The tennis racket does moderate damage, and has high knockback. Like Peach's tennis racket, Daisy's racket has a sweetspot at the very edge of the racket, killing an opponent off of an edge as low as 60%. You can also change the direction of the ball's trajectory if you tilt the control stick diagonally up or down right before you hit it. As hard as it sounds, it's actually pretty easy once you get the hand of it. [Racket : 7%, Ball : 11%] (Range : Racket : Low. The opponent has to be near Daisy in order to be hit, unless the racket is sweetspotted, which is very hard to do. Ball : Like the golf ball, the tennis ball is also considered a projectile, but harder to see due to its small size and lack of flower petals surrounding it the golf ball has. Overall, it has high range.) (Speed : Racket : Average. It's quite unpredictable, really; if you have fast reflexes, you may be able to dodge the racket, but it's a fifty-fifty chance. Ball : Very fast. The tennis ball shoots at a fast speed, a bit faster than Falco's blaster and slower than Fox's lasers.) (Knockback : Racket : High. Sweetspotted or not, the tennis racket gives very decent knockback. Ball : Low. It causes the opponent to back away and flinch, but does not hit them off of their feet unless they're at a high percentage.)

Comments [Tennis Racket] : The tennis racket shares similarities with the golf club, but is weak compared to the golf club. The only advantages the tennis racket has over the golf club is its speed and sweetspot.

Baseball Bat – Daisy swings and takes out a baseball bat, with a flower imprinted on the side of it. Daisy will toss a baseball up into the air, and her eyes will follow the ball as it drops down. Daisy will take a strong swing at the ball, sending it directly straight ahead of her. The ball will sizzle and fizz if it hits something, and simply melts. The baseball bat does extraordinary damage; it's almost as strong as Ness's forward smash uncharged. [Bat : 16%, Ball : 13%] (Range : Bat : High. The baseball bat is the same length as the original Home-Run Bat, although slightly shorter. Ball : Low. It's size is the second smallest, the smallest being the golf ball. It's still good for a projectile however, though it could be jumped over very easily.) (Speed : Bat : Slow. Daisy's bat, like it's other two forms, is quite slow and can be predicted...a mile away, to be honest. Better just go for the ball instead. The bat comes out a half seconds slower than the golf club, which is already slow enough... Ball : Average. Daisy may be stronger than some of her peers, but that strength is slightly useless in Brawl. The ball's speed is average, going a bit faster than Wolf's blaster.) (Knockback : Bat. Again, similar with the other two bats in the game, Daisy's bat sends the opponent quite far; it has the most damage and knockback out of all of Daisy's moves, and is the only one of which the tool's damage and knockback exceed the ball. Ball : Average. It sends the opponent off of the floor no matter what percent, but has average KO potential.)

Comments [Baseball Bat] : The most damaging and deadly of Daisy's sport equipment, it's also the slowest. You'll never know if you get the bat or not, but if you do, pray that you won't be interrupted while you take your swing. If someone actually falls into the range of the bat and can't dodge the attack, consider yourself lucky; the bat can KO a very lightweight character (Game & Watch, Jigglypuff, etc.) at 65% from the center of Final Destination.

Soccer Ball – Daisy takes out a soccer ball that has an orange flower printed on it and places it in front of her. She taps the ground with her feet twice quickly before taking a powerful kick at the ball. The soccer ball will be sent flying in a 45 degree angled arc, similar to Daisy's Flowerbed Return, though much more deadly and quick. The ball has an orange flame around it, and will give the opponent a Lip's Stick affect on them if they're hit by the soccer ball. The opponent will take minor damage from Daisy's kick if they're close enough, but the soccer ball may hit them from such a short distance as Daisy makes her kick. The Lip's Stick effect will last for five seconds, doing 1% damage per second. The opponent will still receive the Lip's Stick effect if they shield the ball's attack. [Kick : 3%, Ball : 15%] (Range : Kick : Very low. It has about the same range as Ness's Down Tilt. What are the chances of an opponent actually being hit by Daisy's kick? Ball : High. Soccer balls are quite large, and Daisy's soccer ball is no exception. It has the same size as Lucario's Aura Sphere, and can bounce off of walls, ground, and ceiling.) (Speed : Kick : Average. It's not as slow compared to the other swings of Daisy's attacks, but it's still not considered to be fast. Ball : Above Average. Again, Daisy's strength is toned down for this move. It goes about the same speed as Samus's Fully Charged Shot.) (Knockback : Kick : Very Low. The opponent flinches when they're hit by the kick. That's all. They still have a chance of being hit by the soccer ball at such a close distance, however. Ball : High. Like the soccer ball in Brawl, it has remarkably high knockback, and is the second most knockback dealing ball attack in Daisy's Sporty Wardrobe, with the sweetspotted Tennis Racket as the first one.)

Comments [Soccer Ball] : A great attack overall. It's one of the best, mainly because of it's low startup time, low vulnerability, and overall nice damage and knockback, along with speed. It's the most balanced out of Daisy's sport attacks, being a bit better than the Golf Club and Tennis Racket.

Basketball – Daisy takes out a large, orange basketball (No flower image on it this time) and bends her knees a bit as she throws the basketball in a high arc, similar to Hammer Bro's hammers. The basketball will bounce off of the ground (Or wall/ceiling) multiple times, inflicting less damage in each bounce. It will bounce a maximum of five times before disappearing. It is the only sport attack in Daisy's arsenal where there aren't two ways to be damaged. [First Hit : 12%, Second Hit : 10%, Third Hit : 6%, Fourth Hit : 3%, Fifth Hit : 1%] (Range : Basketball : High. It's a bit bigger than a soccer ball. The basketball is the biggest out of all of the balls Daisy has.) (Speed : Slow. It's the slowest sport attack in Daisy's Sporty Wardrobe...it also covers low horizontal distance, but the vertical distance is high.) (Knockback : Low. It causes the opponent to flinch and step back a step, but that's good, because it gives the opponent less time to dodge the next hits from the basketball.)

Comments [Basketball] : Albeit a bit slow, this attack can do the highest damage out of all of Daisy's other attacks, being able to deal a massive amount of 32% on an opponent. The chance of getting all five hits in are quite low however, if your opponent was stupid enough to run into the ball every time it bounces. It's mediocre at best, but at least it doesn't leave Daisy very vulnerable for very long.

Comments [Overall] : Sporty Wardrobe is a perfect example of Brawl's random mechanics, but at least each attack has its own use. The Golf Club, Tennis Racket, and Soccer Ball are the best of this move, while the Baseball Bat and Basketball are the worst. All of the balls are considered as projectiles, even the basketball, so be careful when you use it on someone with a counter/reflector. It's only inconvenient features are the limited times you're allowed to use it, and the other is some startup/endlag on some of the equips. And unlike Peach's forward smash, you can get the same weapon twice in a row. Try and find which one you like best, and hope that you'll get it!

I guess you could say each one could be treated as a separate attack, but...

~

Oh, and welcome to Make Your Move, Salvo Fenris! Don't worry, you don't seem like ... that at all! It's always nice to see a new member around, and I'm sure you'll fit right in. I know I can't say this since I'm not much of a regular, but I'm sure you'll do well with the other contestants in the contest. Just have fun with it, that's all that counts~! Welcome, and enjoy your [Hopefully permanent] stay in MYM!

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I felt the exact same way for a long time! When I first saw the previous MYM threads, I wondered, "WTH are they wasting their time for?" But it's fun to create your own things, especially when you've got some extra free time to think.

So think about who you want to do, feel no pressure, be creative, have fun, persevere, and jump right in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom