• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to SDI Fox's U-throw U-air and not die

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
My amazing *cough* guide to SDIing Fox's U-throw U-air like a champion easily.

step 1: be fighting fox.

it does you no good to sdi fox's uair when you're not fighting fox.

step 2: get grabbed.

usually not a problem lolz.

step 3: learn how to do it through my instructional guide :D

Part 1: What you're NOT supposed to do

demo kirby fails and naturally fails the di on the u-throw. god what a noob.

demo kirby gets hit and freezes up not knowing what to do and dis down or some crap that doesn't do anything to avoid the hit.

demo kirby gets hit again by the strong hit...

and doesn't di it and dies. evil gay fox l-cancels and starts to dd and flaunt lasers and still has time for a cup of tea before kirby respawns.

What you're SUPPOSED to do

demo kirby sucks and even he can DI behind evil gay fox when he gets u-thrown. so you should be able to do this too. just hold the direction behind him. you CANNOT sdi throws except for jigglypuff's f-throw so don't try to mash as you're being thrown to sdi lasers or anything dumb just hold the direction :)

you see that foot hitting demo kirby? when that foot hits you, that's when you hit the direction opposite to wherever evil gay fox is hitting you. even if you mess up this way it's also the optimal di to avoid being comboed by multiple uairs because you put maximum distance. however, this makes it easy to react to him coming up for the uair so just try to sdi it.

look at that. beautiful. demo kirby is alive. and he's terrible so there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to learn this.

Last edited by a moderator:

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
lolz. but people still fail...and you can explain waveashining with like..words
sdi'ing the uair is like really wordy to explain :/

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I really like the way Fox's face looks. Its super appropriate, and its sort of how my insides feel when I hit somebody then combo them to death.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Its not hard. Just tip it.

Its not worth trying imo. Do it the easy way and time the move with invincibility frames. Dsmash ;)
You have to hit with the arc hitbox it leaves, the disjointed part. Her F-tilt (and F-air for that matter) are kind of Marth-like in that regard... the produced hitbox drags.

I used to not know that, which in hindsight is why my WD back F-tilts always failed vs you and Ryan >__>

Now they just fail half the time.

Binx

Smash Master
I like the L cancel pic, and the part at the end, and he sucks so you should be able to do it no problem!

Top Bottom