• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My AMAZING Guide to Smash DIing (and DIing) Fox's U-throw U-air

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
My amazing *cough* guide to SDIing Fox's U-throw U-air like a champion easily.

step 1: be fighting fox.

it does you no good to sdi fox's uair when you're not fighting fox.

step 2: get grabbed.

usually not a problem lolz.

step 3: learn how to do it through my instructional guide :D

Part 1: What you're NOT supposed to do

demo kirby fails and naturally fails the di on the u-throw. god what a noob.

demo kirby gets hit and freezes up not knowing what to do and dis down or some crap that doesn't do anything to avoid the hit.

demo kirby gets hit again by the strong hit...

and doesn't di it and dies. evil gay fox l-cancels and starts to dd and flaunt lasers and still has time for a cup of tea before kirby respawns.

What you're SUPPOSED to do

demo kirby sucks and even he can DI behind evil gay fox when he gets u-thrown. so you should be able to do this too. just hold the direction behind him. you CANNOT sdi throws except for jigglypuff's f-throw (and the lasers in falco's b-throw/u-throw i think thanks pkm for the correction) so don't try to mash as you're being thrown to sdi lasers or anything dumb just hold the direction :)

you see that foot hitting demo kirby? when that foot hits you, that's when you hit the direction opposite to wherever evil gay fox is hitting you. even if you mess up this way it's also the optimal di to avoid being comboed by multiple uairs because you put maximum distance. however, this makes it easy to react to him coming up for the uair so just try to sdi it.

look at that. beautiful. demo kirby is alive. and he's terrible so there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to learn this.

credits:

Me, I'm amazing.

demonstrational kirby for winning pound 4.

evil gay fox for winning literally everything else.

PKMvodka for correcting me on throws. You can SDI (I think) the lasers in Falco's U-throw and B-throw too so there are 3 you can SDI and get something out of.

scotu for the idea.

the fox boards for being so active.

the sheik boards for sucking.

dogysamich. my large black bald love. you WILL be mine!

everyone else for praising my amazingness.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
LOLMFAO. This is amazing. Best guide I have ever read in my life. Stiiiiickkyy.

At higher percents, can't you double stick SDI upwards after the first hit?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
not sure.

bernard and the quebecers do all of this stuff with just control stick and it's easier that way anyways. it's also more consistent than mashing when you get good at it, so it's better than that too.

mashing's only good imo if you miss the u-throw di and don't know what fox is going to do.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
>___>

fox is gay.

if you di for one thing he traps you for the other.

it's a constant trap.

there was never not a trap.

this is made to avoid people being quintuple uaired after u-throw because too many people suck at di.

Levi5

Smash Ace
maybe this is what I can link to when I'm trying to explain it

5/5

edit: now show fogel this :p

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
if fox u-throws you and you di to get behind him (let's say, left) he's going to run at you with Nair or Bair if you SDI his uairs a few times. at which point you continue to di left because he's going to hit you in that direction probably. unless he does something fancy like run past you and then bair you the opposite direction but he probably can't follow that anyways.

at high percent survival di it.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
So with this I only get hit with an weak/indirect hit thus not dying but only being clipped by the U-air.

Thank you; I really don't think of DI.ing the opposite direction when U-air comes to DI.ing my direction(done this before but don't do it consistantly).

I guess this is a tactic I should incorperate more.

Thank You so much for sticking this out therr =) !!!
---------
Evil Gay Fox is sadley>than G&W ='( .

-great work on the Pics!!! it made it very clear to me and others; they are also funny!!!
----------
CLASS OF 2009!

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
if you're super pro

you can like

sdi the uair

and then instantly mash a fast aerial or special like sheik's bair or fox's shine or marth's fair

and hit evil gay fox on your way down

i think i heard somebody's jigglypuff rested someone doing that once.

but for all intents and purposes, the point is to avoid taking the 20%+ and get off with just 9% or something and not be in a position to be comboed after.

evil gay fox is better than most characters. i hear he's the best in this game.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
lolz this tech is older than i am.

but if you can do it perfectly you shut down a lot of fox's instant throw stuff.

i mean, yeah, he can still space just the strong hit after u-tilt or something and get you that way... but removing his fabled u-throw u-air combo's perfect killing power is too good.

idea

Smash Master
sdi the uair

and then instantly mash a fast aerial or special like sheik's bair or fox's shine or marth's fair

and hit evil gay fox on your way down

i think i heard somebody's jigglypuff rested someone doing that once.
i'm gonna have to try that. once i can sdi it at all that is.

also, it's "for all intents and purposes"...which makes more sense. i used to say the other one too.

this is good. :cool:

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
yes but you have to be amazing

are you amazing?

di one way --> sdi the other way is easiest because you see fox coming at you, he's moving away where you'll be sent after the hit so you get optimal distance from him, etc.

BUT you could sdi the way he's going probably. however, why you'd risk being comboed super hard if you mess up is beyond me.

when you miss the di or di slight i like mashing because i'm often unsure what he's going to do and i find it easier to transition to normal di away from mashing than from sdi because i'm focusing less on timing. but other people are good enough to operate without so balogna.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Here let me do a check just in the event I'm wrong.

MAGUS MAGUS420 MAGUS MAGUS420 CACTUAR M2K MEW2KING METAKNIGHT SHOULD BE BANNED BECAUSE HE'S BROKEN JASON ZIMMERMAN

alright now somebody who can help you further should arrive within the week.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Here let me do a check just in the event I'm wrong.

MAGUS MAGUS420 MAGUS MAGUS420 CACTUAR M2K MEW2KING METAKNIGHT SHOULD BE BANNED BECAUSE HE'S BROKEN JASON ZIMMERMAN

alright now somebody who can help you further should arrive within the week.
That only works with Hiemie

Also, why did you use Kirby as an example? Why not someone less adorable, like Ganon?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Because demo Kirby won pound 4.

And because I wanted to do this entirely in MSpaint and therefore got lazy with the test subject.

I was thinking about using Jigglypuff for a while but I didn't like any of the pinks in MSpaint. Not light enough for her.

Vro

Smash Lord
do one for spacies teching marth's counter during up b recovery. tech to phantasm is too good.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I can't get that consistently nor do I know anyone who can except Shiz.

And Shiz doesn't share his secrets anymore.

I just know you have to time the tech a lot later than usual, which is why I get it. I suck at teching so that actually saves me. I guess Evil Gay Fox rewards mistakes sometimes lolz.

You'd have to ask RaynEX about that one. He probably understand tech mechanics much better than I do. Although truthfully he'd just tell you get better at squeezing to remove Marth's onstage edgeguarding from the equation altogether.

I've never really bothered much with ledgetechs mostly because until about 4 months ago I was an exclusive Sheik main (since then I've picked up Fox) and ledgeteching seldom comes up with Sheik.

Sorry. I wish I could help, I really do. These are actually pretty fun to make. If somebody could explain or send me the information I'd do the images maybe but I don't know how it works. :(

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
OMFG

KirbyKaze for President of the United States.

I don't care if you're from Canada.

Top Bottom