• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Hitbox Thread (GRABS HAVE BEEN ADDED)

MrEh

Smash Hero
Since Illinialex recently uploaded pictures of Jiggs' attacks, I decided to start on some hitbox testing. I'll put up my findings as I test them, so we should have hitbox estimates for all of Jiggs' attacks in the end. Minus things like Rest and Sing, for obvious reasons. I can test them if you really want though. So to begin, I'll start with 3 attacks that I was eager to test; Jiggs' Nair, Fair, and the almighty Rest.

Nair

WTF?!?! DISJOINTED HITBOX?!?!
No, the hitbox is not really disjointed like the image shows . When Jigg's foot is fully extended, it gets freakishly big, and the hitbox really does extend that far. The image only shows her foot in the retracted sex-kick state though, which is why it looks disjointed. Jiggs will only extend her foot fully for a few frames, and then it retracts to being very small for the remainder of the attack. The range of her fully extended foot is very impressive though, and as you can see, her entire body is a hitbox. Minus the ears of course. ^^

Fair

I CAN HAS DISJOINTED HITBOX?!?!
As it turns out, Jiggs' Fair has a quite a bit of disjoint near the tip of her legs and underneath them. There's slightly less disjoint then the image shows, but that's because Jiggs' legs aren't fully extended in the image. It's fine though, since the difference between her fully extended legs and partially extended legs really isn't that noticeable like the Nair. So yeah, the Fair has a pretty awesome hitbox. It also extends into the center of Jiggs' body, but it sadly doesn't cover most of her body like the Nair does.

Uair

Haha, what a funny hitbox.
Surprisingly, there's a bit of disjoint in this attack. When Jiggs does her Uair, the hitbox will always appears behind her first, then moves forward following the swinging motion of her arm. The hitbox behind her actually extends beyond the point where her arm starts swinging, so a portion of the slightly lower hitbox behind her is the disjointed part. The disjoint is slight, but I'm pretty sure it's there. Oh, and like the Nair, the hitbox covers a lot of her body. It's much harder to notice when compared to the Nair though, but that's because this isn't a sex kick, so the hitbox doesn't stay out for that long.

Dair

MOAR DISJOINT!!!
The hitbox for the Dair covers all of Jiggs' feet and the bottom portion of her body. The funny thing though, is that there's a bogus amount of disjoint in the front of her feet. Sadly, there's no disjoint behind her feet, but the wacko amount of disjoint in front of her makes up for it.

Utilt

The Utilt is bananas. That's all that needs to be said.

Rest

Surprised? Well, not really.
Jiggs' ears were a good way to estimate the width of the hitbox, since Rest could never hit a target that was beyond her ears. After that, it was pretty much trial and error to test how tall the hitbox was. In the end, it appears that the hitbox is in the dead center of Jiggs, with even spacing all around it. Which makes it more like an oval, not a circle like I once thought. The hitbox really shouldn't be surprising though, since we all know by now that Jiggs has to literally be inside her opponent for it to work. ^^

Standing Grab

When Jiggs does her grab, she leans forward quite a bit. I was actually standing on the very edge of the grass. As you can see, her grab range is pretty awesome.

Dashing Grab

Again, when Jiggs does her grab, she leans forward quite a bit. I was actually standing on the very edge of the grass. By using the blocks as a makeshift ledge, I was able to test exactly how big of a range her dash grab has by using the ledge to stop her movement. All in all, the hitbox is pretty impressive.

Pivot Grab

Once again, when Jiggs does her grab, she leans forward quite a bit. I was actually standing on the very edge of the grass. As you can see, her Pivot Grab is sex. It's freakishly good. Also, Jiggs' arm gets really big for some reason. ^^

The rest of the hitboxes will come as I test them.

Credits
- Illinialex, for the images.
- djbrowny, for giving me the idea on how to explain the hitboxes.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Oooomg this is awesome. Thank you very much. Just yesterday I was mentally complaining that I was fail at knowing hitboxes...can't wait for more. :D

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Very useful. Jigglypuff doesn't have much range in general, so this is very helpful for learning exact spacing.

You are awesome.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
oh well,

*throws away sweet-spoted/ sour spotted/ glancing blow/damage guaged/ hitbox data*

One thing, F-air has a sour spotted hitbox at the way back of him.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
oh well,

*throws away sweet-spoted/ sour spotted/ glancing blow/damage guaged/ hitbox data*

One thing, F-air has a sour spotted hitbox at the way back of him.
No, the hitbox stays the same throughout. Sourspotted is timing wise. If you hit them with the move past the initial frame or two, it becomes a sourspotted fair. You like DIed into them while using it from behind, because the hitbox is surprisingly long there.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
No, the hitbox stays the same throughout. Sourspotted is timing wise. If you hit them with the move past the initial frame or two, it becomes a sourspotted fair. You like DIed into them while using it from behind, because the hitbox is surprisingly long there.
Some attacks like Captian Falcon's knee have a designated sweet and sourspot. Even if you hit with it on the first frame, the portion without the sweetspot won't act as a normal hit but as a sour hit.

Ganon's d-air is all sweet spot; as long as the hitbox remains out, it will inflict the iconic "thunder boot".

Soon after the attack starts the hitbox becomes sour. (like when you leave milk out).

Sonic hitbox thread because it looks silly:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211629&highlight=hitbox

MrEh

Smash Hero
That's so weird.... i swear ive seen rests where she hits them with her back... mabey their body just overlaps in front of her ears then
Depnds on which direction she's facing. All the characters in this game stand at an angle, so the ears will be shifted slightly depending on which way she's facing.

Either way, the rest hitbox is in her dead center. It's quite easy to get some part of your opponent's body to overlap it though. :p

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Omg. My love for dair has grown exponentially. Thanks a whole lot...this stuff is awesome. Keep it up? :]

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Thats really cool. Remember when doing U-tilt that when the opponent is in the air, the range almost doubles or triples. Its has almost invisible hits in the air like Snake's U-tilt but is mainly useful defensively on the ground.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Thats really cool. Remember when doing U-tilt that when the opponent is in the air, the range almost doubles or triples. Its has almost invisible hits in the air like Snake's U-tilt but is mainly useful defensively on the ground.
Yeah, I think the Utilt has a bit of disjoint.

That'll be the first move I test tomorrow.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Dude... that d-air is sexy. Jiggs' hitboxes are so snazzy that they make their own Negative Zones. Watch out Luigi! Nice presentation overall.

On a side note, I can haz forumz again. Exams for the most part are finished for me.

Veril

Frame Savant
The Uair is...sort of bad.

The hitbox is always moving, so it's not as big as that image shows. ><
Up-air is great. Amazing for juggling and I use it to cover approaches against DDD (f***ing waddle dees get swatted out of the way by up-air).

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
It can also lead into rest if they don't expect it. Nothing like 0-deathing a GaW out of nowhere (and then still losing>>>>)

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I dunno about approach; Jigglypuff's uair isn't exactly the holy grail of speed and priority, even if it isn't really bad in either. The problem is that Jigg's fall speed doesn't allow it to be used while falling (at least in any effective sense), and virtually any dair in the game is going to out-prioritize it.

Uair is a fantastic reactionary move. If you can do a pound a follow up with a uair at low percents, do it. If you can keep doing uairs, do it. Against characters with fast dairs like Meta Knight or Lucario you need to do hit-and-runs; you horizontal aerial speed should let you move to the side out of their range. Others like ROB are ripe for the pickings...

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I dunno about approach; Jigglypuff's uair isn't exactly the holy grail of speed and priority, even if it isn't really bad in either. The problem is that Jigg's fall speed doesn't allow it to be used while falling (at least in any effective sense), and virtually any dair in the game is going to out-prioritize it.

Uair is a fantastic reactionary move. If you can do a pound a follow up with a uair at low percents, do it. If you can keep doing uairs, do it. Against characters with fast dairs like Meta Knight or Lucario you need to do hit-and-runs; you horizontal aerial speed should let you move to the side out of their range. Others like ROB are ripe for the pickings...
This. With one key key exception. Olimar.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Hehe, yep. Against Olimar I like using pound more though; anything to keep him off the ground longer. Also prevents nasty dairs if you make a mistake.

Top Bottom