• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

@Cloud: A sure winner for MYM4. Close this thread now.

Cloud needs a LOT of work.

Salvo Fenris

Smash Apprentice
@ CLoud: Um... where to start... I'm not exactly an expert, but here goes:

-More organization. It's kind of hard to see where one section ends and another begins.
-LOTS more detail. Things like damage %, knockback, startup and ending lag, attack duration, and slightly more detailed animation descriptions all come to mind. Several attacks leave me rather confused as to how they even work.
-A lot of the attacks look quite broken; maybe specifying all the above things would make it seem less so.

There's more I can probably comment on, but this is all from a skim. Honestly, I don't think I want to read the whole thing to comment on specific attacks.

EDIT:
@Hyper Ridley: Ah, didn't see that one. Well, Revan is 10x more badass than Grievous. <.<

D

Deleted member

For the record, Khold, your Giygas was the second posted in MYM to my knowledge. There was one posted in MYM3.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
I'm liking Robotnik but the way of displaying with Animation, Properties, and Uses prevents my vote. Sorry, i hate that display. But the move is great.
Errrr... I know it's YOUR vote and all, but it's better than having a Mountain of paragraph for every move, in instead of 3 easily digestable sentences of information, which you can tell the originality, the balance of the move, and the overall playstyle.

My order of a moveset importance:
Originality
Detail
Balance

Organisation.

@Wyvern: Waaaaay a head of you, my good man. ;) (note, F-air will have Chef Kawaski styled F-tilt effect)

@Everyone: Some off you think if I carry on with the same level originality, I could be able to win the WHOLE contest

Oh Wow <3

Salvo Fenris

Smash Apprentice
Better, I don't think the quotes are necessary, though I like the change to the Categories. You might want to make the attack name (ex. Up-tilt--name) stand out a bit from the attack description. You still have several more things to fix, especially the detail. Someone else can probably help you with balance quite a bit more than me.

If you haven't, read some of the other movesets that have been done (link to the site in the first post) to get a feel for what they should look like. If you make another moveset, consider what you've seen. You might give a preview of an attack or two when you do this, so people can tell you what you're missing. You might also ask someone to beta-read a moveset for you (can't guarantee anyone will agree--I won't, I've not even posted a moveset yet. XD)

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
On the off chance longphraseasnamewiththeroyavatar comes here before checking notifications:

I totally PMed you my evaluation. There are lots of words involved.

To everyone else:

I'm lazy and homework-ridden. Excuse the lack of movesets. I'll probably get started on looking at EVERY SINGLE MOVESET in MYM4 so I can be prepared for voting time, whenever that is.

Salvo Fenris

Smash Apprentice
Oh, one thing I forgot to mention: any attack whose description is "Clone of ____'s" or "Exactly like ____'s" or something to that effect is bad.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Uh, The benign plant has right, more originality and detail for cloud. It will get no votes by anyone who actually knows about MYM *coughnotpplcough* if you leave it like it is. Clones of attacks are frowned upon. More detail too.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Cloud moveset guy was a little touchy, but I probably would have reacted similarly to him and give up if Mendez hadn't said something nice about my first moveset.

I tried to be nice, but I guess I'm just not good at it.

EDIT:

Actually, I could post a moveset for page 600.

Is the word "douchebag" considered bad for this site?

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
Everybody hated it so i deleted it.
I'm Sorry about all the trouble about everyone hating your moveset, but understand that these are only critiques about how the moveset was played out. In our small but somewhat effective community, we expect so much to everyone that when newcomers come in and post a moveset that doesn't compare to theirs, they think that you should make it the way they would. The problem with this is that it limits newcomers to be a mere servant while the person that help you is now in control on your actions.

We try to be welcoming to others, but the problem is that what makes us tick gets the better of us and we complain. Sure, we always do that, as that is in our nature, but aiming it at a newcomer with no previous experience will not make us grow. I read a certain book (I'm not going to tell you) that had as one of one of its messages ,"The greatest harm can come from the best intentions." Even if it sounds like a paradox, think aabout it: My trying to encouage someone to make better, we have instead made ourselves bad by discouraging his ideas.

We know we can't please everyone, but we offer lots of chances for you to do well. We can try to be a better role model for others, but we don't really know how. I'll try my best to help you understand: This sentence contains a link to my first ever moveset, Hariyama. To be honest I thought mine was great at that time, but as you can obviously see there looks like a 8 year old wrote this. If you compare this to one of my recent movesets (like this Klavier Gavin one), you can definitely see how much I grew. Why? I decided to stay here because I had fun doing so; Now look where I am now! I feel honored that my 400th post here can show how much I've grown here.

The basic point is that we expect so much that the negatives of our MYM personality unleashes likes a volcano: not very well thought of, harsh (to put it bluntly) and hard to grasp. Even if we try to help you, it's your moveset. We shouldn't really care too much about minor gripes, but it's in our nature, something that we lived with all our lives and still can't truly understand. Learn to grow with the thread first and don't demeaned youself because of what others think of you. We are a crazy, dysfunctional family that you can live to grow with. Just have a great time here, do whatever is on you mind and we'll respect you, whether it will be tomorrow, next contest, or next year. To sum it all up, just... Make Your Move.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
I went to page 600 and all I got was this crappy moveset

For whatever reason, New Goblin joins the Brawl!

New Goblin is Harry Osborne, the son of the original Green Goblin, and Peter
Parker's best friend. Oh teh drama results from torn loyalty between villain father
and superhero best friend. The comic book version does drugs and stuff, but this
moveset is based off of the movie Spiderman 3. Why? James Franco is awesome (See:
Pineapple Express), and although he isn't very Goblin-esque in the movie, he
definitely had some cool moves and equipment.

He has at his disposal superhuman strength, agility, and overall athleticism due to
the Goblin formula (it's green and makes people insane) and some high-tech armor,
weaponry, and a pretty sweet Goblin Glider that is modeled after a snowboard and
named The Sky Stick. Stupid name, cool ride/weapon of mass destruction. He has a
sword and throws bombs and sharp slashy things (Razor Bats), and his board has
flight capability and a flamethrower and spikes on it.

His sole motivation for doing his thing is to kill Peter/Spiderman, until he decides
to be a hero. I don't know why he's in Brawl, he doesn't know why he's in Brawl, but
you know what, he is, and he might be fun to play as.

Stats

Size: 6/10 - A human character of around Marth dimensions.

Power: 6/10 - Superhumanly strong, but his equipment isn't really of the brute force
variety.

Weight: 6/10
- Superhuman durability and regenerative abilty, not to mention a suit
of armor. The armor is light, though.

Walk Speed: 5/10 - Harry is fairly sneaky, and doesn't reveal all of his assets from
the get-go. He's around average height for a human, and carries himself with a
confident stride.

Run Speed: 7/10 - Superhuman agility, remember? Nearly as fast as Marth, and his run
hints at a feral aspect to him.

Air Speed: 9/10
- He's quite the fast faller.

Lateral Air Movement: 3/10 - He can't stop on a dime in midair. First of all, that's
impossible, secondly, he just can't.

1st Jump: 7/10
- Harry plays basketball.

2nd Jump: 4/10 - Basketball players don't jump in midair much. He's relying on his Formula for this one.

2nd Jump w/ Skystick: 8/10
- Lots of control, and is pretty much its own recovery move.

Shield: 6/10

Dodge: 4/10 - He lost to Spidey in close-quarters combat. Extenuating circumstances
aside, I think it's only fair that he's more of the hit-and-run type.

Roll: 7/10 - Superhuman agility = fast.

Tether: no

Glide:
Sort of? Explained below.

Crawl:
Not really, but the command does something. Also explained below.

Wall Climb: nope.

Special Mechanic: Sky Stick

Yes, stupid name, but I didn't come up with me. Doesn't it sound like some kind of
lame deoderant to you? Anyways, New Goblin has a flying snowboard, and that makes
him cool. And here's how it works in Brawl.

New Goblin has three different modes on the ground and two in the air.

Ground:
1) Sky Stick unequipped.
2) Sky Stick being carried on back. (equipped)
3) Sky Stick being ridden.

Air:

1) Sky Stick unequipped.
2) Sky Stick equipped (being ridden).

Several of New Goblin's moves have him either riding the Sky Stick, carrying it on
his back, or leaving it "parked" either on the stage or hovering in the air.
Depending on if he has the Sky Stick or not, several of his moves will change.

Overall, his moves are generally better with the Sky Stick equipped, and his
recovery is amazing with it, garbage without.

The Sky Stick has 100 HP, so having it equipped runs you the risk of it getting
damaged when your enemy hits you. While unequipped, it starts a gradual self-repair
process, healing 5 HP every 2 seconds it is unequipped. However, that means it is
nearly stationary, and you don't have access to Sky Stick moves. Its weight is
constant, and it takes hits like trophies did in the Melee minigame where you had to
collect them by hitting them into the container thing.

If New Goblin is riding the Sky Stick and the jump button is pressed and held, the
Sky Stick will run on a fuel-efficient mode, somewhat of a cross inbetween a glide
and a hover. You can only go forwards or backwards, and you descend gradually all
the while.

If you input the Crawl command while New Goblin has the Sky Stick equipped, he will
ride it along the ground, hovering a few inches above it. At max speed he is nearly
as fast as Captain Falcon's dash speed although turning is nearly as slow as the Wario Bike and he has a special dash attack to use from
this "crawl".

If the Sky Stick's HP is depleted to 0, it explodes into three pieces which fall
slightly faster than stickers. Enemies cannot grab them or destroy them, but they
can hit the pieces around (also in the manner of Trophies from the minigame).
Normally, New Goblin would have to use his Down B in the manner of Samus charging a
Charge Shot (can roll, dodge, or shield to cancel the charging process) for a total
of 10 seconds in order to build a new Sky Stick. However, each piece of the Sky Stick that is caught by Goblin (like stickers, but other character's can't grab them but can hit them around) decreases the rebuild time by 2 seconds.

Animations

Standing:
Harry is in a predatory stance, leaning forwards a bit.

Idle: Harry will occasionally fiddle around with a Razor Bat or Pumpkin Bomb.

Walking: Confident, relaxed stride.

Running:
Runs like he wants to jump at someone's throat and tear it out with his teeth.

"Crawl" Dash: Rides his board like the cool kid he is.

Crouch: Gets down like he's going to sprint.

Spot Dodge: Darts to one side and then back again.

Roll: Handsprings and rolls are the order of the day.

Shield: Will hold arms or Board in front of him while shielding.

Air Dodge: Does a Barrel Roll. If on Sky Stick, does a Toe Edge Grab while leaning out of the way.

Sleep: He sleeps. Uses the board as a bed if possible.

Dazed:
Massive hangover time.

For an example of how he fights, here

Ground:

Neutral Combo: Goblin Junior Combo

A: Hook punch done with close arm. No knockback, appropriate jab hitstun. 2%.
AA: The same arm Goblin uses for the hook punch does an forearm bash, hidden blades popping out. Fairly strong knockback for a jab. Can kill at 160%. Diagonal trajectory. 5%

Dash Attack: Goblin Spearbutt

Goblin lowers his head and charges forward in a spearing-headbutt maneuver for a distance a bit past one Battlefield platform. Startup lag is moderate but the animation of Goblin lowering his head gives it away, ending lag is moderately punishable. If he has the Sky Stick equipped, as it is on his back, part of it extends past Harry's head which increases range, and the spike at the end is more powerful. (Sky Stick Unequipped: 5% and mediocre knockback with a straightforward trajectory; Sky Stick Equipped: 11% and a nearly vertical trajectory with high knockback, killing at 140%)

"Crawl" Dash Attack: Goblin Liftoff

While Harry is riding his board along the ground, he will lift the front of the board off the ground while the boosters flare up momentarily, putting Goblin into the air the height of two Stage Builder blocks. Startup is instantaneous and there is hardly any ending lag. The fire from the boosters reflects off the ground a bit, the hitbox being similar to Samus' down Tilt. The knockback hits enemies at a diagonal angle which is more horizontal. This attack can be a faster means of pursuing an enemy into the air. (8%)

Ftilt: Pumpkin Carving/Sky Stick Pirouette

Unequipped: Harry draws the Goblin Fang (that's what I call the sword I guess) from the sheath on his back and does two diagonal slashes in a fluid manner crossing each other in an X design. Startup is quick, ending is average, range is decent (Goblin Fang has about the same range as Brawl Marth's Falchion, except it is more slender, curved, and green). 4% for each hit, 2 hits total. Relatively weak knockback at a diagonal angle.

Equipped: Goblin adjusts the Sky Stick on his back so that it is parallel with the ground before taking a spinning hop forwards. The board has quite a bit of range although it is purely horizontal (the hitbox raises at the beginning with the hop though). Startup lag is longer than average for a tilt as well as ending lag. Knockback is fairly high; not much of a kill move, but it will get the enemy off the stage in a disadvantageous position. Angle is mostly horizontal. If the front of the board (with the spike) hits, the knockback is increased as well as the damage by 4%. If the back of the board (without the spike) hits, there is more hitstun. (9%, 13% with spike)

Utilt: Spiteful Bounce

Harry hops upwards slightly with his spiked elbow raised towards the sky and his other hand bracing it. Normally there is a sweetspot around the elbow, and the hitbox has poor horizontal range anyways. Lag is slight, and this move can be chained although the knockback with the sweetspot prevents this except at lower percentages.

If the Sky Stick is equipped, the board protrudes past Harry's head and although he does the same motion it is the board that will always hit. The range is extended, but ending lag is increased slightly due to the weight. Not very noticeable except it is less chainable. Knockback is purely upwards, weak without sweetspot, fairly strong with sweetspot. (4% sourspotted, 7% sweetspotted. Skystick: 4% sourspotted, 10% sweetspotted)

Dtilt: Trick or Treat

Goblin pulls out a special Pumpkin Bomb and leaps backwards while tossing it to the ground. It explodes upon impact the size of Samus' dTilt, and does mostly vertical knockback which can kill at 140%. Goblin leaps back with the speed and distance of a roll, and due to the slight startup and ending lag this move can be spammed so Goblin can retreat or do spacing. (9%)

Smashes

Fsmash: Emerald Evisceration/Sky Stick Lunge

Unequipped:
Goblin will do a halfspin forwards while drawing his sword out from his back sheath in a diagonal strike downwards to his feet. Hitbox is relatively small although disjointed, and this move is actually a powerful meteor smash. Since the hitbox starts out from above Harry, this can spike airborne foes to their deaths from the edge of a cliff or simply back to earth, and against a grounded opponent they will be sent twirling into the air. This smash attack has less lag on both sides than most. (13%)

Equipped: Goblin will quickly attach the Sky Stick to his forearm and do a straight punch forwards with it. This attack has enormous horizontal range and faster startup than you'd think, although ending lag is on par with most enormously ranged Smash attacks as he has to unattach and put the board back on his back. Sweetspot is at the tip, although it is hard to sourspot anyways. Knockback is diagonal, mostly horizontal, and stronger if sweetspotted so that it can kill at 100%. (16%)

Usmash: Prank and Cover

Harry will toss a modified Pumpkin Bomb upwards while throwing himself to the ground and covering himself. The bomb is tossed to about half the height of Snake's Mortar initially, and fully charged to the full height of Snake's uncharged Mortar. This also leaves Harry in a prone position on the ground, from which he can roll or do a Rising Attack or simply get up. (12%, medium mostly upwards knockback)

Dsmash: Goblin Breakdance

Harry does The Turtle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBD1w4eDdd0&feature=related).
The longer you charge, the more spins he does. This does multiple weak hits when Unequipped.

With the Skystick, it does the same but with more damage as he has the Skystick secured on his feet, and if the spike hits the opponent is sent at a horizontal-diagonal trajectory which can kill at 180%. However, pressing A while Turtling and with the Sky Stick Equipped causes the boosters to go off, which will do fire damage with powerful horizontal knockback (although it is hard to time it properly as Harry is spinning pretty fast) and it will boost Harry forwards into the air just above the ground the distance of two Battlefield Platforms with no lag. Otherwise, beginning lag is fairly small but the ending lag is noticeable. (Multi-hit: up to 16%. +4% if spike hits. Booster does 5% damage)

Situational

Rising Attack: Agile Goblin/ Back to the Skies

Unequipped: Harry will spring up with a split kick and land on his feet. 5%.

Equipped:
Harry will roll onto his back (if he isn't already on it), and the board will do a quick jet boost while still on his back which shoots him up as if he had just done his first jump from a fallen position. 6%.

NOTE: Using this from the Usmash might be interesting.....just remember to have the Sky Stick equipped.

Ledge Attack: Live for Vengeance

Under 100%: Harry leaps up quickly while tossing a modified Pumpkin Bomb to the floor with an explosion the size of Samus' dtilt. 8%.

Over 100%: Harry does a roll from the edge (not nearly as long as his normal roll from edge) and slashes backwards with the Goblin Fang. 9%.

Air

Nair: Goblin Acrobatics/360 spin

Unequipped: Harry does a quick roll and comes out with a Sex Kick-style attack focused on his clawed hands. Roll does multi-weak hits, second part of attack does 7% with weak knockback.

Equipped: Harry does a 360 degree spin on his board which does horizontal knockback. Sourspotted (no spike) kills at 160%, while Sweetspotted kills at 130%. 13% sourspotted, 15% sweetspotted.

Fair: Goblin Kick/Nose Grab Flamer

Unequipped:Harry does a powerful Roundhouse kick with noticeable startup lag and horizontal knockback killing at 130%. 11%.

Equipped: Harry does a nose grab on the board, doing weak knockback similar to Wario's Fair. If A is pressed again. a stream of flame will come out of the board at a slight downward angle for as long as you hold A. Range is comparable to Charizard's Flamethrower attack although you cannot angle it. This move uses up jet fuel. (6% with initial hit)

Bair: Mischief Sting/Nose Grab Cutter

Unequipped:
Harry backhands quickly, followed automatically by a vertical downwards swing of the Goblin Fang. These two hits will usually not combo as the forearm blades does good horizontal knockback, although the sword swing does more vertical, moderate knockback. (8% with forearm blades, 9% with sword)

Equipped: Harry does another Nose Grab, then slashes vertically backwards with the Goblin Fang. This has the most range of any of Goblin's sword attacks and comes out fairly fast with moderate diagonal knockback. (12%)

Uair: Trickster Leap/Heel Grab Afterburner

Unequipped:
New Goblin leaps forwards and upwards a bit and does a two-handed vertical swing downward with the Goblin Fang. Knockback angle is according to when the move hits, and the knockback is decent. The leap is slightly better than Yoshi's Egg Toss leap in Brawl, although the ending lag is longer preventing the move from being helpful past one or two uses. 9%.

Equipped: New Goblin leans back for a Heel Edge Grab while activating the jet boost, causing him to spin along the X-axis once. This move hits above and below with the booster, and in front with the spinning spike. (Booster: 10%, vertical knockback when up and a powerful Meteor Smash when down. Spike: 11% with diagonal knockback)

Dair: Merry Prance

Unequipped: Harry, while facing the screen, stomps downwards once with each foot. Weak meteor smash. (5% per foot)

Equipped: Harry, while facing the screen, triggers a jet boost twice, once from each side of the board right after the other. Exact same timing as the unequipped version but halts downwards momentum. Moderate diagonal knockback. (7% per boost)

Throws

Grab:Harry claws forward to grab

Pummel: Harry cuffs the enemy on the head. 2%, slow repeat.

Fthrow:
Harry places a modified Pumpkin Bomb on the enemy and kicks it into them, sending them away weakly initially, then the bomb explodes which sends them straight up with moderate knockback. (3% kick, 7% explosion)

Bthrow: Harry darts to the opponents other side and slashes them with the Goblin Fang. (8%)

Uthrow: Harry performs an elbow uppercut with the forearm blades for diagonal, mostly vertical knockback which can kill at around 140%. (7%)

Dthrow: Harry trips the enemy onto the floor and does a dropping elbow on them, sending them tumbling away on the ground too far for a chain grab. (9%)

Specials

Neutral: Pumpkin Bomb

Harry will pull out a Pumpkin Bomb, which you can use just like any item. It explodes on contact. When thrown, it moves as fast as Snake's grenades, although it does not bounce. It does about 9% damage , and the explosion is about as large as Link's bombs.

There is a fire effect, and although there is knockback strong enough to kill at 140%. When the Sky Stick is unequipped, Harry has five Pumpkin Bombs with him, which can be replaced whenever he equips the Sky Stick. While riding the Sky Stick, they are unlimited and instead of pulling them out, they shoot up into his hands from the board.

Side: Razor Bat

Harry will throw out a spherical object similar in appearance to a Pumpkin Bomb, although it has a higher arc and is slower. When B is pressed again, the Razor Bats wings are revealed and it gains a boost in speed while having a mostly horizontal trajectory, although it may veer up or down. The longer you wait to press B, the greater the initial speed boost. If you hold B with the initial move, Harry will reach into his belt but won't pull out anything. Charging up to three seconds allows you to throw 6 of these at once, although they open up automatically and have moderate speed. This charge cannot be kept. (2% unactivated, a maximum of 8% each if activated at maximum velocity, minimum of 3% at lowest velocity)

Up: Jet Booster

This can only be used when the Sky Stick is equipped. When you press and hold Up B, you ascend with the jet boosters, and when you let go they top. Fuel is used for this move, and is recovered when the Sky Stick is on the ground or on Harry's back, and is used up for this move and the second part of Fair. This potentially gives Goblin amazing recovery with the board, and he can always unequip and jump off the board for extra reach.

Down: Sky Stick Command

This move does a lot of things.

If unequipped, Harry will equip the Sky Stick if he is next to it on the floor or in the air, or standing on it in the air.

If equipped, Harry will unequip the Sky Stick. On ground, it will fall to the ground and rest there. In the air, it will hover in place, and can be used as a platform by anyone.

If unequipped and away from Harry, using this move will trigger the Sky Stick's autopilot and it will travel in the direction of Goblin in an attempt to save him. He will autoequip the board if it is done in this manner. Note that if Harry is near the bottom blast line and the Sky Stick is further than a Negative Zone from him, it probably won't be able to save him.

If the Sky Stick is destroyed, this move will cause Harry to build another one, acting as a 10 second charge which can be stored, -2 seconds for every piece of the glider recovered.

Final Smash: Double Goblin Assault

The original Green Goblin, Norman Osborne his father, appears. He has generally the same moves as Harry, and his attacks will complement yours. The main difference is that he has a glider and you have a skyboard, and he has a trident while you have the Goblin Fang. All special moves are enhanced; Razor Bats and Pumpkin Bombs have a faster rate of fire and do more damage, The Jet Booster is unlimited, the Sky Stick can be repaired instantly. If you fight with normal attacks, Green Goblin will assist you. If you shell out bombs and bats, Green Goblin will fire off his own, etc. Final Smash lasts for 17 seconds.

Taunts

Up: Harry runs his hands over his lips, closes his eyes and says ".....Strawberries.."

Side: Harry pulls out a frying pan, tries to flip an omelet or something, and fails miserably.

Down: Harry pulls out a slide of pie, eats it, and then says ".....So Good.."

In order to fully appreciate the last one, go here.

The last link, as well as the movie "Pineapple Express", are the main reasons why James Franco is awesome.

Victory Pose

1) New Goblin enjoys more pie.
2) New Goblin enjoys more pie, then disappears behind a passing car.
3) New Goblin enjoys more pie, then says ".....strawberries.."

|end moveset|

I don't care for the character much, except that James Franco made him such a jerk and that was funny. Also, his paraphenalia are pretty cool too. I mean, a flying snowboard with a flamethrower attached? Why not?

But mostly, I thought that a character with a flying snowboard would be fun to play as if the snowboard part was interactive enough. So here's my attempt.

He's a lot simpler than my last moveset, but I'm still pretty sure I didn't explain things correctly, so let me know when you come across them. Also, is 100 HP for the Skystick too much? Too little? etc.?

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
If nothing else, I hope everyone can appreciate that part of the moveset. Even if you hate the Sky Stick Equip mechanic, you would certainly taunt spam. Anyone would.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Best Taunt Ever!

Also, cool moveset for a cool guy (James Franco).
OBJECTION!

"Light takes a potato chip... and eats it!"

Anyone remember that gem? :bee:

Anyway, the moveset itself looks pretty interesting, I like the snowboard mechanic as a whole. Poor, poor Spiderman 3... so much squandered potential.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
AHh....a Spiderman 3 character =D. I really liked Harry in it.

Anyway, from just a skim, it looks like a great moveset. I really like the Sky Stick mechanic in it.

And lol at the taunts and victory poses. Good job man. Good job :bee:

"Light takes a potato chip... and eats it!"
That IS the best taunt ever!

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
To be honest, this is an example of a moveset that looks lacking be actually good. The basic structure of the moveset looks as if this was well planned out idea a while ago. The Sky Stick, although randomish (Sky Board gives a better understanding), fits well for the character. I will suggest that you lower the HP to 75 or 80, but only because it can help make the playstyle more unique (an idea to balance on attacking head on to projetiles). Otherwise, it's great for a first glance: this can help give newcomers an idea to make the best out of their future movesets.

GOT IT? GOOD.

Just because I want to:

I'm Sorry about all the trouble about everyone hating your moveset, but understand that these are only critiques about how the moveset was played out. In our small but somewhat effective community, we expect so much to everyone that when newcomers come in and post a moveset that doesn't compare to theirs, they think that you should make it the way they would. The problem with this is that it limits newcomers to be a mere servant while the person that help you is now in control on your actions.

We try to be welcoming to others, but the problem is that what makes us tick gets the better of us and we complain. Sure, we always do that, as that is in our nature, but aiming it at a newcomer with no previous experience will not make us grow. I read a certain book (I'm not going to tell you) that had as one of one of its messages ,"The greatest harm can come from the best intentions." Even if it sounds like a paradox, think aabout it: My trying to encouage someone to make better, we have instead made ourselves bad by discouraging his ideas.

We know we can't please everyone, but we offer lots of chances for you to do well. We can try to be a better role model for others, but we don't really know how. I'll try my best to help you understand: This sentence contains a link to my first ever moveset, Hariyama. To be honest I thought mine was great at that time, but as you can obviously see there looks like a 8 year old wrote this. If you compare this to one of my recent movesets (like this Klavier Gavin one), you can definitely see how much I grew. Why? I decided to stay here because I had fun doing so; Now look where I am now! I feel honored that my 400th post here can show how much I've grown here.

The basic point is that we expect so much that the negatives of our MYM personality unleashes likes a volcano: not very well thought of, harsh (to put it bluntly) and hard to grasp. Even if we try to help you, it's your moveset. We shouldn't really care too much about minor gripes, but it's in our nature, something that we lived with all our lives and still can't truly understand. Learn to grow with the thread first and don't demeaned youself because of what others think of you. We are a crazy, dysfunctional family that you can live to grow with. Just have a great time here, do whatever is on you mind and we'll respect you, whether it will be tomorrow, next contest, or next year. To sum it all up, just... Make Your Move.
I hope we can all learn something from this message.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Thanks. And yeah, I wouldn't have just finished my 6th moveset right now if my first one got the reception that the robot/roy-avatar guy did on his.

This is why no one should have any standards on anything ever.

yeah i'll get around to changing the HP. Little hazy on balance and stuff still.

And that moveset was mostly finished for awhile, I just lacked the drive to actually BBcode it and whatever. But then page 600 came around and I was like "that looks significant" and so now this happened.

wait, 6 movesets? I should get a link-up space or something...

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
Uh, The benign plant has right, more originality and detail for cloud. It will get no votes by anyone who actually knows about MYM *coughnotpplcough* if you leave it like it is. Clones of attacks are frowned upon. More detail too.
stfu.

In other news, I've finally thought of his throws!! The only one I'll reveal now is his forward throw. And again, I changed his weapon. His weapon is a group of small, blue, translucent, tear shaped ghosts. The headphones are still an accessory, tho.

Forward throw: Rexais punts the enemy into the air and commands a ghost at the opponent. 5% on kick, 3% on ghost. Kick is the only part of the move with knockback. The ghost creates no knockback, only a small push.

Originally Posted by The Trophy Master

New Moveset planned : Cell from DBZ ! :bee:
Oh the memeage!!! *watches the original shoop da whoop*

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
Sorry for the recent inactivity. I'm actually struggling to learn to basics of Physics for my final next week. I normally would just study, but my Physics teacher can't teach for crap and basically no one knows what the hell they're doing. If I have time today, I'll post a preview of L.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom