• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvo Fenris

Smash Apprentice
Just got back and been reading up. I'd like to clarify that I was trying to be as constructive as possible, as well as trying to avoid being an @$$, with royavatar, or whatever. Especially for being new to the thread and not having actually posted a moveset yet, I really had no intention of being mean; just sharing what I've picked up on by lurking.

Also, for the record, SunDance: It's grammar. Use firefox, it comes with spell-check! =D
/Englishfreak

aeolous

Smash Apprentice
[/lurking]

So, yeah, I'm posting for the first time since like a hundred pages ago when I gave Ikkaku's final smash preview. Odysseus was cool, though it was a little weird seeing my own name in there (different spellings aside.) Lots of other movesets looked really good too, I just kind of skimmed everything.

Ikkaku is coming along slowly. Very slowly. He's twice as much work as Rukia was, plus I'm working on more detail, I'll probably have more extras, and school makes me not work on it much. He'll be done eventually though. Whoever it was that wanted a weapon besides a sword, be sure to watch for this.

[resumelurking]

Smady

Smash Master
@ Oddysseus: Good work, very fitting for the character. I prefer your Fiona, though, perhaps just because I'm not a fan of the books of Homer.

The Sakurai preview is good, I look forward to the full set [will surely be hilarious].

On the signature tutorial, it would be easier to right click the typing layer, go to blending tools, click stroke, set it to outside, 1, then to black than to painstakingly draw around the letters with the pencil tool... and I thought the font was a little odd on all those signatures - draw the font? I hate using the pencil tool. :laugh:

Edit: The stroke tool is very useful for these kind of things, in fact. Pastey white border around your banner? Set it to 1 and inside, and black, and it's gone! And once you trim the background, doing the same thing will get you a border around the edge of the image. That should be when you merge. Drawing stuff with the pencil should be reserved for doing IGN icons or very detailed original images or edits.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Odysseus, King of Ithaca joins the Brawl!
Really cool. Not as good as Shanoa, but that might be my Castlevania bias. lul. <3

YES! Original character AND the viruses? I've always wanted to make a moveset for them, but never had any ideas! WOOHOO!
I first wasn't sure about the virii, but suddenly an idea sparked into my brain and it all looked so easy yet SO awesome. :bee:
And yay self-insertions!!

@ Spade: w00t.
wut?

Smady

Smash Master
The 'Fallen MYMers' category is expanding. It's nothing terrible, though - as the contest expands, as does its losses. It's a fine balance that only becomes more drastic both ways.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
The 'Fallen MYMers' category is expanding. It's nothing terrible, though - as the contest expands, as does its losses. It's a fine balance that only becomes more drastic both ways.
Of course, it's like life and death, you will sadly move on with life after a long while, and as well as new people enter.

The roster of MYMERS in MYM1 and 2 is vastly different to 3 and 4, and we already know of people leaving eventually.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
I probably will stay for a good fair while, which could be a long time! (After 6 or 7, I probably will just give advice to people, as I will be an old timer by then LOL)

I wonder who will run future MYMs? There's a whole lot of MYMers variable to run as the owner (and his/hers assistants) of a future MYM.

and the future will have Sakurai here, or someone will make a game out of the top 30 winners of MYM with the exact moves and damages in the future.

Smady

Smash Master
I've wondered a few times about who would run future MYMs... with Kibble going off to Mormon camp this year, the reins will probably fall to MW or Chris, with Mendez and K. Rool not wanting it [it's possible Kibble will return after Mormon camp]. I wouldn't be surprised if Mendez left completely within the next couple of MYMs - he has done so much for us, but it can become tiresome to be at the centre of it all. Of the other three, I think Chris and MW are here for the longhaul and K. Rool is going to always be here in some form, as a self-appointed historian, lulz.

Edit: Maybe I should write a book. Personally, I've been on this forum longer than most of you and will continue to take EPIC VACATIONS and return to see an entirely new cast of characters. I think this place will survive no matter who is here, though, so it's all meaningless conjecture - that much is certain from how Blitzkrieg has now left, as has Fawriel, Wiseguy and some others no one will even know of.

Smady

Smash Master
That was a little harsh, Fox. :lol:

One thing I forgot to say in my previous post was that it is extremely likely that Hyper_Ridley and Spadefox will be promoted to Sandbag-status. There are plenty of other viable candidates as well, but you'd have to be living under a rock [in this thread] to not see it coming.

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance an orange elephant on Chirstmas, a
Here is The Trophy Master's Wonderful Link-Up Space!

Completed Movesets​

Prof. Rowan !

Master Warlord's Review of Prof. Rowan!

Rowan was my very first moveset, which was fun to do because of the large numbers of Pokemon, but it was hard and complicated! I had some comments for this moveset, let's see them :​

Hyper-Ridley : Looks interesting at a skim. I'll be sure to read it more thoroughly when I get back from lunch.

Jimnymebob : I've skimmed through it, and it seems very good for a beginner moveset, although having 2 Master Balls for his final smash suggests that Rowan uses hax :laugh:

Sir Kibble : Anyway, Rowan looks pretty good, but I'd suggest bolding the attack or something, like

Mardyke : I like the concept behind Rowan. When I first saw you intended to do him my thoughts were admittedly negative, but to think he's a more active pokémon trainer has me intrigued. Nice work.

Baloo : Rowan looks great, Gooey Gastrodon is cool. The aerial mechanic is kind of complicated, but I like it.

Akiak : Also as soon as I say Rowan, I read the whole thing without noticing! You must have used a very attractive language or something. I usually skim movesets...
Overall, it's your first so good job ;)

Pokey !

King K. Rool's Review of Pokey!

Pokey was my second moveset ever, which I think was good. The different fonts killed the eyes of some readers, and some stats were overpowered but overall, but people said it was my best between my 3 movesets! Let's see comments​

Tanookie : Very nice moveset, Trophy Master! One of the best newcomer sets I've seen in this contest. It's very original, and clear that you put in a ton of effort. Great work! My only suggestion is that you tone down his stats some...and BTW his crouch may not be always great, considering if he's at full height he'll still be as tall as Mario. ;)

Junahu : Pokey made me feel really happy inside. Very well done

Sonic the Baron : Pokey was frickin' awesome. Very clever.

flyinfilipino : Pokey is...awesome! Great work, Trophy Master!

I honestly wsan't expecting much from Pokey, but I was pleasantly surprised with everything you managed to do. You really make the most out of him/her/it while not getting too crazy, I think....

My biggest issues are the constant font changes (some of them are hard to read); it'd look less messy if you stayed consistent, I think. Also, the random enemies that appear for some moves seem a little...random. That's pretty minor though.

The whole moveset is just really interesting! And I'm a big fan of the visuals as well, good job with those. :bee:

cena_wolf : I just sat down to read Pokey. A very innovative moveset, indeed. You take a lot of risks, but they're worth it in the end. Good show

Alfa : Looks like a fun moveset. Good job. *Gives The Trophy Master a well deserved thumbs up*

Smash Daddy : Pokey is much better than I thought it would be, mainly thanks to the pictures. Well done, Trophy Master. :chuckle:

Jimnymebob : Pokey surprised me.
I was expecting a so/so moveset with a few gimmicks, but that was very good Trophy Master. :laugh:

Spadefox : 2 things:
1.) Thank GOD you got rid of that Pokey avatar.
2.) The moveset, however, looks very great. Nice presentation, innovative attacks, and that for a character who isn't anything but a pile of cactus balls. Good work!

Baloo : Wow, Pokey is really good. It really is. I'll read it more in depth later, but from what I've seen, really great.

Frf : Great job with Pokey, Trophy Master. You gave him some ballsy moves. (Get it? Ah, I amuse myself....)

Hyper-Ridley : Pokey was a cool move set. It reminded me of my own Wheelie set in that it showed that it's possible for a character who normally doesn't do much to still have a working move set for smash bros. Well done!

Princesspeachluver13 : pokey was REALLY long, but seeing that i had no school 2day, i read. *gives 5 supervotes* 1 word. amazing.

majora_787 : Sorry for the delayed response, but I liked Pokey. : D

Akiak : Wow, Pokey was awesome! You did him justice. Its awesome how you could make a moveset out of him. My only complaint is the font for the move description. "Impact" is hard to read when so small. Use it for titles only.:)

Bidoof!

Bidoof wasn't so long to do, and was done much faster than Pokey. Some Extars weren't put, cause they wouldn't have fit with Bidoof. After fixing some moves, people said it was really good, which puts me happy! Here are some comments :​

Tornadith : I think Bidoof looks pretty cool!

half_silver28 : bidoof is pretty awesome. I just might be voting for it :bee:

Akiak : I love it! It has a simple but deadly presentation and the moves are all fun to read. The side effects are cool too, except Ice Fang which is too broken if you think of how easy it is to gimp with it, if the foe is frozen. Such simplicity! Such originality!

Dokutayuu : Bidoof is pretty great. It's amazing how every single attack actually features in the games. He knows more than 4 though! I think he has too many 50% chances for stuff though, some of that stuff's pretty nasty.

Jimnymebob : Bidoof looks very good, but some of the moves do seem broken, and you could stall with Dig.
However, I did enjoy this moveset, and I so expected Starly to be featured as either an assist trophy or Pokeball Pokemon.

Baloo : Another good one. Not as good as Pokey, but good all the same. Maybe even a vote!!!

Emergency : Bidoof, I had lots of fun reading it, all the crazy side-effects and the recovery was nicely made! :)

Basket o Chicken : Wow, Bidoof looks good! If I get enough posts I might vote for it!

SirKibble : I enjoyed this. I'm impressed at how much you did with such a, well, a rather pathetic Pokemon, really.

Tanookie : Excellent moveset, Trophy Master! It's very original, although I'm still a little hesitant at the various extra effects that can happen. Nevertheless, it's very detailed and easy to read through; fantastic work!

flyinfilipino : You did a really good job with Bidoof. Stretching the moveset by trying to make every single attack a real Pokemon attack is a personal pet peeve of mine, though. Ignore me! He/She's got a very diverse playstyle and was presented well.

Started Movesets​

Planned Movesets​

Primid

Bowser's Minions ( Wiggler, Boo, Shy Guy and Cheep Cheep )

The Trophy Master ( OC )

Smady

Smash Master
Nice link-up space, but I recommend against using "I skimmed it" comments. Edit them down so they read more invitingly to your moveset, and put the best ones first, e.g., "Looks interesting...".

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
HURRAH! the return of croosis is upon us! rejoice in the sanctum of joker, gilgamesh, and O'chunks!

in case you didn't see, cruxis, i am doing a 4-in-1 non partner kirby enemies moveset with broom hatter, bomber, prank, and starman. it will be GRAND! also mendez returned andkirby sets are taking over :chuckle:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I've wondered a few times about who would run future MYMs... with Kibble going off to Mormon camp this year, the reins will probably fall to MW or Chris, with Mendez and K. Rool not wanting it [it's possible Kibble will return after Mormon camp]. I wouldn't be surprised if Mendez left completely within the next couple of MYMs - he has done so much for us, but it can become tiresome to be at the centre of it all. Of the other three, I think Chris and MW are here for the longhaul and K. Rool is going to always be here in some form, as a self-appointed historian, lulz.

Edit: Maybe I should write a book. Personally, I've been on this forum longer than most of you and will continue to take EPIC VACATIONS and return to see an entirely new cast of characters. I think this place will survive no matter who is here, though, so it's all meaningless conjecture - that much is certain from how Blitzkrieg has now left, as has Fawriel, Wiseguy and some others no one will even know of.
Some wise words in there. I've always thought it interesting how everyone plays their little role on the MYM scene, either inspiring others or teaching us some valuable lesson, before making their exit. Everyone has to leave eventually. I, of course, will always be here... IN SOME FORM! *cue dramatic music*

Ah, Crux. It's been a while. Good thing you still have the top post count 'round here! :bee:

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
*dies from shock of more possible Kirby sets* Thanks, guys. Me being here only means all is well. Seems like I got some catching up to do. Its gonna be tough to moralize myself to even continue my sets and BBQ. Also considering I am so much more busy now. it sucks. but its good to be back to the 2nd best thread on the site. Ooooh BURN

Frf

Smash Apprentice
[size=+4]
INTRODUCING…..[/size]

[size=+3]Blipper[/size]

[size=+3]~Bio~[/size]

Blipper is a fish from the Kirby series. It’s a common underwater enemy that charges towards Kirby whenever the puffball is in site. The little guy will even try to nab Kirby on land, often resulting in him (I’ll refer to Blipper as a he from now on) flopping around helplessly on land. He’s often considered a pushover, but now it’s time for Blipper to fight back!

[size=+3]~Stances~[/size]

Idle- Blipper faces the screen as he flops around helplessly, splashing up water droplets.

Walk- Blipper performs quick, tiny hops to get from one place to another.

*IMPORTANT*

Dash- Blipper hops up and down forward (about the height of Mario’s first jump) to quickly get to his destination. This dash may seem sub par, but Blipper jumping allows easy access to his great air game. Since Blipper is facing the screen while dashing, he can go forward and then backward with no lag transitioning between the two.

*IMPORTANT*

Crouch- Blipper lies flat on his belly, occasionally twitching.

Shield- Blipper covers his head with his fins.

Forward/Backward Dodge- Blipper does an acrobatic jump and then lands. This dodge gives you quite a bit of distance.

Spot Dodge- Blipper flips on his back into the background, and flips back again into the foreground. Fairly lengthy.

Air Dodge- Blipper strikes a defensive pose, with his left fin curled.

First Jump- Blipper’s underbelly faces the screen as he jumps the height of about Mario’s first jump. Same as his dash.

Second Jump- Blipper flips in midair, and ends up in a similar pose as his first jump. Blipper gains a surprising amount of distance.

Trip- Blipper heads face first into the ground. So coordinated….

Swimming- Blipper’s back where he belongs! He looks so comfortable while swimming and he can’t drown as well.

Dizzy- Blipper is down on his back, trying to get up.

Sleeping- Blipper is lying on his belly, dozing off.

[size=+3]~Stats~[/size]

Power- Blipper has some strong smashes, but other than that….

Weight- Blipper’s weight is about that of Jigglypuff’s. Although it can be altered with his Down B. More on that later….

Height- Blipper is slightly shorter than Kirby, due to having no feet.

Range- Blipper has some good ranged moves, but he hardly has an advantage while far away.

Fall Speed- Blipper is anything but floaty, which is a good thing when working with a frantic character like him.

Traction- Quite good. Blipper can turn around with no problems.

[size=+3]~Regular Attacks~[/size]

A Combo: Wheel Blipper- With all fins concealed, Blipper looks like a ball as he performs a quick hop forward, harming foes in his way. Keep holding A, though, and Blipper will continue rolling after the hop, causing light damage to those in his path. Poor range, but the priority is surprisingly good.
Damage: 2% for the initial jump; 3% while falling; 1% per hit while rolling

Forward Tilt: Sea bound Slide- Blipper faces forward and slides on his belly, which can cover almost half of Battlefield. You can fly off the edge with this move as well. This is a pretty weak move, though, that’ll stop once you hit a foe. (Or anything, for that matter…) I’d recommend you using it when Blipper’s dash isn’t an option. Slight start-up lag.
Damage: 4%

Up Tilt: Blipper Bubbles- Blipper looks up, and sprays a stream of bubbles from his mouth. GREAT anti-air move, which extends to one Mario above Blipper. Ah, but what’s the catch? It’s a pitifully weak move with pathetic knockback. A move that’s best used to ruin the foes aerial approaches. No major lag.
Damage: 2% per hit

Down Tilt: Tailfin Spin- While Blipper is lying on his belly, he’ll spin 180 degrees, with his tail being the hitbox. It sort of reminds you of Lucas’s down tilt as far as speed goes. Hear me out on this: Range is not something this move has! But what it does have is great knockback upward. (For a tilt, anyway) Good move for setting up aerial attacks. Minor ending lag, and ok priority.
Damage: 9%

Dash A: Ground Dive- Blipper rises up slightly, and then dives to the ground, gaining some horizontal distance as well. An interesting mechanic this move has is after hitting the ground, Blipper’s head bounces off it, putting him about a short hops height above the ground. You can follow this up with even more aerials! Weak priority, but good knockback. Some ending lag when Blipper bounces off the ground.
Damage: 9%

[size=+3]~Aerial Attacks~[/size]

Neutral Air: Puffer Within- Blipper inhales like Kirby, and suddenly….spikes come out of his body? Does that mean Blipper’s a puffer fish? Anyway, what’s unique about this move is that as long as you keep holding A, Blipper will fall to the ground in this form and stay there until a strong attack knocks you out of it. Great range and knockback, but noticeable lag before and after.
Damage: 12% when the spikes are coming out. 3% afterwards.

Forward Air: Tail Smacker- Blipper extends the lower part of his body forward, and smacks his tailfin up and down. To picture it, think of a forward version of Yoshi’s Bair. Good knockback as well as decent range, but you can’t perform the tail smacker while running because of Blipper’s dash attack.
Damage: 4% for each hit; 12% total

Back Air: Fin of Justice- Blipper extends his tailfin behind him, belly facing the screen. Poor range and ok knockback makes you think this is a throwaway move, but it’s very quick and tough to notice when Blipper is frantically bouncing around the stage. Virtually no lag, and good priority.
Damage: 8%

Up Air: Water Jet- Blipper looks up to the sky and sprays water from his mouth, with range about that of a small stage builder block. Although this move suffers from low knockback, it has good range and eats through shields well. No noticeable lag.
Damage: 3% for each hit; 15% total

Down Air: Aqualung- Blipper looks below him and shoots a water bullet that looks like a big raindrop from his mouth straight downward. The size of the bullet is comparable to a sized-down version of Blastoise’s cannon shots from Melee. The bullet will keep traveling downward until it hits any platform or foe. Some startup lag and ok sideways knockback.
Damage: 6%

[size=+3]~Smash Attacks~[/size]

Forward Smash: Gussa Charge- Blipper’s body suddenly inflates as if something appeared inside it. What could possibly be in there? Once you release the A button, a Gussa (pictured below) bursts out of Blipper’s mouth, hitting foes that are in front of the fish!

This move has great range as far as smashes go, and at full charge, Gussa can reach the length of a thrown pikmin. Quick attack overall, light knockback.
Damage: 10% uncharged; 16% fully charged.

Up Smash: Glunk-zooka- Blipper pulls out a Glunk (pictured below) from who knows where, and crouches right next to it with hands over head.

Once you release the A button, Glunk fires off three bullets that stop about a Mario’s height above Blipper. The first two shots are weak, but the third and final shot will hit the foe and cause an explosion with high knockback! High startup lag as well as ending lag, but well worth it if you get a good hit in.
Damage: 2% each for the first two bullets (Charged or Uncharged); 14% for the third bullet, 20% when fully charged.

Down Smash: Star Block Smash- Blipper faces forward with fins back. Release the A button, and Blipper smashes the ground, with two star blocks (just like the ones in the Green Greens stage) coming out from the earth below!
Besides good knockback, this move has a unique property: After performing Blipper’s down smash, you can pick up the star blocks and throw them! Your opponent can throw them, too. If you perform a down smash while star blocks are on the screen, the attack won’t produce anymore star blocks. Some startup lag that’s comparable to Squirtle’s up smash.
Damage: 12% uncharged; 18% fully charged.

[size=+3]~Grab Attacks~[/size]

Grab: Blipper grabs the strap of his goggles, and then pulls the pair off his head. He then whips the goggles forward with his right fin, catching the unlucky foe that touches the goggles. The goggles are back on Blipper, but they’re wrapped around the opponent as well, causing Blipper’s face to be right on the opponent’s stomach. Awkward…Fairly quick grab, with decent range.
Damage: None.

Grab Attack: Gold Rush- Blipper head butts the foe (that is trapped by his tight goggles) right in the stomach. Speedy, but pathetically weak.
Damage: 1%

Forward Throw: Wave Charge- Blipper stretches back, his goggles preventing him from going too far, and delivers a powerful head butt to his enemy! Good knockback.
Damage: 8%

Back Throw: Flying Fish- Blipper and his foe flip backward multiple times, eventually causing the foe to be slammed into the ground. Blipper is safely on top of his foe, wondering how in the heck he just did that! Powerful, yet lengthy, throw.
Damage: 12%

Up Throw: Slapstick- Blipper brings the foe above him, and then slaps the victim twice with his tailfin. A quick throw that allows you to follow up with aerial attacks.
Damage: 7%

Down Throw: Come Sail Away- Blipper gets the foe on their back, and proceeds to sit right on them! Now here’s where it gets interesting. Blipper slides on his belly, dragging the opponent along with him. You and your foe gain the distance of almost half of Battlefield. Impressive! This move has a few potential uses, such as getting a character with a poor recovery near the edge. Keep in mind, though, that you can’t fly off the edge with this weak throw.

[size=+3]~Special Attacks~[/size]

Neutral Special: Goldfish Geyser- Blipper faces the screen, and slams his head straight into the ground! Wait a second or two, and a geyser will rise up from the place where Blipper hit his head. The geyser will rise up to Ganondorf’s height, with similar width as well. If Blipper touches it, the geyser will simply act as a platform. Ah, but if a foe touches it, they’ll take light damage and knockback. The geyser also blocks item-based projectiles. Yes, items such as a Bob-omb, Snake’s grenades, and most other things that can be caught by another opponent. What about annoying attacks like din’s fire or Falco’s blaster? No, they’ll go through the geyser. A shame, but keep in mind the geyser is more of an obstruction than a full-on wall. Note: Blipper can only create one geyser at a time, and it can’t be in the air. A geyser will sink back into the ground after about fifteen seconds.
Damage: 3% at the peak of the geyser; otherwise 2%.

Side Special: Bubble Struggle- Blipper leans back all of a sudden, looking like he’s holding something big back. He leans forward again and then…..a big bubble comes out of his mouth! Seriously? Yes, it goes a small distance forward, and then floats upward, increasing in speed as it flies away. But what if it hits a foe? If a foe touches the bubble, they’ll appear inside it, struggling to be released. You mean like a grab? Exactly, and with enough movement of the control stick the foe can break free early. Remember, the bubble will stay put with the opponent inside it, but this gives you the chance to pull off a devastating blow! I’d say this is anti-air at its finest. Minor start-up lag.

Up Special: Soaring Seas- Blipper’s back faces towards the screen, and he starts swimming. In midair?! Keep tapping B to prolong the move (eventually you’ll go into a free fall, obviously) and use the analog stick to change Blipper’s direction. The fish fancily swerves in the direction you point him in, taking his time. Now, this move gives you lots of distance, and you can perform aerial attacks in the middle of swimming. (This won’t renew your Up B, however) The downside to this move is that it’s incredibly easy to gimp, considering you’re going at a slow pace and such.

Down Special: Blipper Blimp- Perform Blipper’s down special and he’ll take in air, increasing his body mass. Blipper is now slower in most stats, including jumping speed and dodge speed. On the plus side, Blipper now weighs more, and is slightly more powerful to boot. With the first time you use the Blipper Blimp, you won’t notice that much of a difference. But the thing is, you can perform the move four times, each time subtracting speed for weight and power. If you try to use this move more than four times, Blipper will try to inhale, but will then frown, looking a lot like Electrode when he can’t self-destruct. What if you want to be the quicker, more nimble Blipper again? Simply use Blipper’s down taunt, and he’ll be deflated before you know it.

[size=+3]~Situational Attacks~[/size]

Ledge Attack <100%: Sea Spin- Blipper performs an athletic roll, akin to Jigglypuff’s rollout attack. Fairly fast and good priority.
Damage: 6%

Ledge Attack >100%: Last Charge- Blipper desperately pulls himself up, and attacks with a tough head butt. Rather slow, ok priority.

Get up Attack (front): Fish Bowl- Blipper curls into a ball, and rapidly spins in a tight circle, eventually getting up. Weak knockback and priority.
Damage: 5%

Get up Attack (back): Wet Floor- Blipper slams his fins to the ground, and water appears around him for a short time. Causes foes to trip.

[size=+3]~Final Smash~[/size]

Dreamland Tsunami- Press B and Blipper will get a close up. He’ll look to the background, and coaxes whatever is back there to get over to the stage! He looks like he’s performing a less epic version of Captain Falcon’s ‘Come On!’…Soon, everyone will see what all the fuss is about. A colossal wave will form over the stage, and will crash down shortly afterward, guaranteeing high knockback and 35% damage to anyone on the stage (not off, sadly) besides Blipper. If that wasn’t enough, you’ll soon discover all of Blipper’s underwater friends flopping around helplessly on the stage! Here’s what Blipper’s friends do:

Glunk-Glunk will shoot any opponents above him with a stream of bullets from his hair! (Is that anemone?) The attack does multiple hits, 3% each time, up to 18% damage.

Gussa-Gussa will stab any foe touching him with his whopper of a nose! He’ll stay attached to the foe, like a pikmin, racking up 2% damage every half-second until the opponent knocks Gussa off.

Slippy-This pink frog will eat a close-by opponent, and spit them out shortly afterward. 6% damage, high knockback.

Squishy-This blue squid will beat on foes with his tentacles while gradually moving around the stage. 5% per hit, good knockback.

Note: Blipper’s underwater friends will fly off the stage when a strong hit is in order.

[size=+3]~The Frantic Factor~[/size]

As you have noticed, Blipper is a frenzied character with quick movements that keep pressure on the foe. You’ll always want to be right next to your opponent as Blipper, barraging him/her with quick attacks like the Bair and Dtilt. Also utilize shield-eating moves like the Uair and A combo. Racking up damage is easy as long as you keep moving.

Always try to effectively use Blipper’s unique dash. You can dodge moves and wildly jump around to keep the foe guessing. Blipper does well in the air, eh?

KO time is Blipper’s time. If a foe is trying to recover, you can gimp with a Dair, buff yourself up with a Down B, or place a geyser on the edge of the stage to obstruct foes. If an opponent is off the stage, they’ll have a tough time getting on when facing a good Blipper.

Blipper will have less of a time while trying to recover. Your Up B can get you far, but with awkward turning mechanics as well as leaving you wide open, you’ll want to make sure you don’t have to use this.

Overall, just keep the pressure coming, and use whatever you can to send the foe off the stage, even if it’s for a short time.

[size=+3]~Snake Codec~[/size]

Snake: Otacon, what’s this fish doing here on the battlefield?
Otacon: That’s Blipper, Snake. His quick movements make him a tough opponent to keep up with. I’d leave your guard up.
Snake: …….Maybe we could grill the little pest.
Otacon: You’re fighting for your life, and all you can think about is food?!
Snake: You know, Otacon, grilled Blooper is an important part of any fighter’s diet.
Otacon: Why do I even bother…..

[size=+3]~Miscellaneous~[/size]

Entrance: A small splash of water is seen at the bottom of the screen, and suddenly you see Blipper jumping high to his destination and flopping helplessly once he gets there.

Kirby Hat: Kirby gains Blipper’s goggles and a little tail fin. No changes to Blipper’s neutral B.

Alt. Costume 1: Blipper gains a red tint to his body, and dark blue goggles.
Alt. Costume 2: Blipper’s body turns ice blue, and gains purple goggles.
Alt. Costume 3: Blipper gains a green tint, and orange goggles.
Alt. Costume 4: Blipper’s body turns pink, with darker pink goggles.
Alt. Costume 5: Blipper’s body turns….rainbow?!? He gains black goggles as well.

Side Taunt: Blipper stretches his goggles, and suddenly they snap back on his face. He looks dazed for a moment.
Up Taunt: Blipper balances on his tailfin and dances around.
Down Taunt: Blipper falls on his backside, stretches his right fin outward, and gasps for air (or water?). Playing dead, I see.

Win Pose 1: Blipper flops around, and eventually hops into a small pool of water right next to him. He dances around in the water.
Win Pose 2: At first you see a geyser; the geyser will lower shortly afterward to reveal Blipper lazily lying on his back, soaking in victory.
Win Pose 3: Blipper’s balancing on his tailfin, throwing quick and confident punches. He trips afterwards, looking dizzy.

Lose Pose: Blipper flops helplessly in the background. Does he know that he just lost?

[size=+4]~Thanks for reading!~[/size]​

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
That was great Frf, definitely one of my my favourites in this contest.

And for your first set, it was great.

Well Done.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
I was talking about you doing Spadefox for MYM5. 'Course, I was too lazy to actually quote the post, explaining my seemingly random statement.

@ Blipper: I like it. It's quite unique, which is what we look for here. Nice job.

I'd also post a moveset update to show how well Estelle is coming along...but wait! I haven't done any moveset-related stuff in weeks! Kekekeke...

EDIT: Welcome back Cruxis!

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
My new moveset is from a Naughty Dog game, and it's not an N. Brio and Koala Kong tag team. :laugh:

However, it will be two characters/ forms, via transformation.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Oak and his annoying little "WELCOME BACK." I'll never forget something like that.

...Aaaaand I was almost done my next moveset, and I lost my playstyle section. It was so good, and my longest yet, and now it's gone. I'm rewriting it now, but... :ohwell:

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Welcome back Cruxis, i'm doing another Robotnik set, an AOSTH/YTP Variation of him.

and here is another preview:

AOSTH Robotniks F-smash said:
Forward Smash: ADSVADM Atomizer

Robotnik wants his money back! (0:57)

Animation:Dr. Robotnik pulls out that weird object which Wes Wesley is holding from the picture above. He sticks the atomizer out with both hands, and it sends a green beam quite a good distance in front of Robotnik. If you fully charged this, at the end of the move, an orange ring will shoot out around the green laser.

Properties:This does electrical damage. The Beam reaches about 3 stage builder blocks in front of Robotnik, and is a stage builder block thick. This has quite a bit of start-up and ending lag, plus the duration is long as well. This does 9 multiple hits, with the final hit doing knockback. When uncharged, this can do a maximum of 18%, with the final hit doing mid knockback. When fully charged, this can do a maximum of 24%, with the final hit doing high-low knockback. The Orange ring travels about the speed of a Luigis fireball, and reaches about 4 stage builder blocks in front of Robotnik. This makes the opponent shrink 0.8 times smaller. This deals 7% and low-high knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. (the opponent stays like this for 6 seconds)

Uses:This has great range, and can drastically eats shield away if the opponent tries to shield it. This has great range, but can be punished if the opponent is in the air, or rolls behind you to smash you far. The shrink ness makes it easier to KO the opponnent, but not many people will let you fully charge this, and if they do, it’s easily avoidable anyway.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Quick! Is This The Default Font Or Something Better???

As in, that's supposed to be a special font. Is it? I'm trying to get this confirmed, because I know it doesn't always work if it's not downloaded on your computer, right?

I CRAVE ANSWERS!

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Oh dear K.Rool.

I'm sorry about that. However, I'm confident that it will be a fantastic moveset.

The same thing happened with my Alex Kidd moveset I'm doing. I lost all of his introduction section.

Dr. Robotnik is looking good.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
@Frf: That Blipper moveset is freaking awesome, and definitely the best I've seen as a first moveset for a newcomer.

@Cruxis: Welcome back.

@K.Rool: Looks like a normal font to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom