• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Do you mean Alex Kidd Kholdstare?

He's gonna be in MYM5.

If you don't mean Alex Kidd, then I was talking about K.Rool's upcoming moveset :laugh:.

edit: My computer is lagging incredibly :(
Each time I post it acts as if I'm double posting, and tells me I have to wait to post a new message.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
@ Frf: Blipper is very unique, cool, and the second best first moveset by a newcomer. (Except For Flyinfil but he was always a lurker beforehand). Really though great job!

@ KingK.Rool: Sorry , but I can't see it... Maybe it has to do with Word? (that's how I found some of mine.) An no, I can't se the three others...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@Blipper: Great first moveset! It looks like you've been lurking well. :)

You didn't have much to work with (I mean, it's just a Blipper), but you had a lot of creativity and pulled it off well.

Great job, Frf!

@kits: Aw shucks. :bee:

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
I'm not seeing them either (@fonts)

I considered making a Link-up Space but with my tasteless BBcoding and lack of nifty button-links it'll probably be really ugly.

@Baloo: Yeah, either Saturn Bowling, or maybe something relevant to his use as an item in Smash, since I can't think of anything from Earthbound that would work out. Maybe he can break the crap out of shields, or something....

Or give him the strongest PSI-based attack from one of the Mother games, just for fun.

Salvo Fenris

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I really like Blipper. And that was your first moveset? I've got my work cut out for me... I don't think I'll be doing as well on my first. <_<

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Because I'm not sure if this is too short, I'll post a preview for the first move of my newest moveset, which is Erol, from Jak II.

I'd post a picture, but all the ones I can find are too big for a preview.

Erol said:
Down Special= Dark Eco Drive
(45%- high knockback)

This is an insanely powerful move, as it has incredible power and knockback, and is almost guaranteed to KO someone if you connect with it. This may seem broken, but it isn't, as this move comes with it's disadvantages; you can only use it one time per match, because once you use it, you lose a stock, and reappear on the battlefield as Errol, Erol's cybernetic form as seen in Jak 3. When you turn to Errol, there is no way for you to return to this form, so make sure to use this at the right time, and when you have at least 2 lives remaining. This move is quite laggy, so it may be easy for your opponent to dodge it, but the radius of the attack is that of a Smart Bomb, so you may hit them even if they try to flee, especially on smaller levels, such as Yoshi's Island.

When you input the command, a large pile of Dark Eco barrels will appear around the length of Smashville's floating platform away from you. The barrels will float in midair if you use it close to the edge, but this will limit your offensive abilities with this attack. Out of nowhere, Erol's hoverbike will appear at the side of him, and he will jump onto it, pulling down his mask. Erol will then begin to drive forward, shouting out "I win..." followed by the name of your opponent. If there are more than one opponents, then he will shout out the name of the one with the highest damage percentage. If all characters have the same damage and stock amount then he will say the name of the character who is using either the first or second character slot, depending on which one you are using. If Erol hits someone with his bike, they will receive 15% damage, and will be pushed towards the barrels, so try to avoid getting hit by this if you can. Once Erol hits the barrels, there will be a short, bright white flash, and then the barrels will explode with a thunderous booming sound, and a large purple/ black shockwave will emit from them, dealing 45% damage and high knockback to whoever it hits. This move will cause people who are edgegrabbing to fall off, so trying to avoid the move in this way will not work. The only true way to avoid this is to be away from the explosion, but on smaller stages this can be easier said than done.

Once you have used this attack, Erol will be consumed by the Dark Eco, and will lose a stock. However, once you respawn, instead of coming down on the floating platform, a small device will fall from the sky, and a holographic face will appear from it. The hologram begins to laugh maniacally, and then begin to disappear. Once it has, a yellow beam of light will shine down from the sky, and a large, bulking figure will appear. This figure is around the size of Ganondorf, but is wider, and more bulkier. When the light clears, you can see this is Errol, the cyber version of Erol, a monstrous machine that is so evil the only part of his humanity he holds onto is a small section of flesh on the side of his metallic face. Once you have transformed, you will then play as Errol for the remainder of the match.

This move comes with it's advantages and disadvantages. The sheer force of this move almost guarantees a KO, but it will be a sacrificial one. That being said, if you and your opponent are on the last stock, then they will probably die before you, causing and "Erolcide" victory in most cases. However, this technique can be risky, and could cause you to lose a match if you try this technique and miss.

Is that detailed enough, and does it make sense?
Also, "Erolcide"- I amaze myself sometimes :laugh:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
@ KingK.Rool: Sorry , but I can't see it... Maybe it has to do with Word? (that's how I found some of mine.) An no, I can't se the three others...
I'm not seeing them either (@fonts)
I can't...you can only see special fonts if they're installed on your computer.
I can only see the fonts as a sort of serif/ times new roman font.
Ah, ****. That completely throws a wrench into my whole moveset. So I'm assuming my fancy font in my Jafar moveset didn't work, either? Nobody even noticed that, I guess...

So, um... I guess all I can do is ask everyone politely to go download OCR A STD and Stencil STD? :bee:

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
That's the one problem about it.

However, I made it so that you lose a stock to balance it out, and to give you the option to transform if you aren't using items.

You can only use this once per match, and once you do, you lose your ability to play as human Erol, so sometimes it would be pointless, and disadvantageous, to transform.

It is laggy, so you should be able to get out of the way. It's just that if you don't, then you will be punished.

I wanted to o something different other than 'he glows and transforms into Errol, and can change back' because if you've played the Jak and Daxter trilogy, you would understand why he won't be able to return to his human form.

Thanks for the feedback though flyinfilipino- I'll change it a bit.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Ah, ****. That completely throws a wrench into my whole moveset. So I'm assuming my fancy font in my Jafar moveset didn't work, either? Nobody even noticed that, I guess...

So, um... I guess all I can do is ask everyone politely to go download OCR A STD and Stencil STD? :bee:
I noticed that font. I used it for Wiz. I guess I could see it because I have MagicMedevial on Word 2009. :bee:

EDIT: From the looks of the font, this HAS to be Zant. I'm so excited.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I noticed that font. I used it for Wiz. I guess I could see it because I have MagicMedevial on Word 2009. :bee:

EDIT: From the looks of the font, this HAS to be Zant. I'm so excited.
Ah, yes. I did notice it in Wiz.

And I hate to disappoint, Khold, but this is NOT Zant. I guess you could call this one an experiment; it kinda emphasizes presentation over content (although it's got some of my most creative ideas), and that's why I'm so disappointed about fonts not working. Myeeeeh...

EDIT: Um, so I'm ready, I guess. If you guys wouldn't mind...

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Ah, yes. I did notice it in Wiz.

And I hate to disappoint, Khold, but this is NOT Zant. I guess you could call this one an experiment; it kinda emphasizes presentation over content (although it's got some of my most creative ideas), and that's why I'm so disappointed about fonts not working. Myeeeeh...
Son... of... a...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Poor substitute. I'll see later if I can't save the whole page as an image and then show it to everyone that way.

In the meanwhile, though, I'm seeking pictures...

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
- OBSERVATION LOG -​

GALAXY MAN

---

LOG ENTRY 1.1 - FIRST CONTACT

Galaxy Man, a creation of Doctor Wily. Had his prominent role in Mega Man 9. Original objective: to care for a space research station and calculate the trajectories for rockets. After break-down, he wielded primarily the Black Hole Bomb, creating small vortexes that draw Mega Man in. Easiest boss to defeat. More research required on his abilities.

LOG ENTRY 1.2 - MOVEMENTS

Idles A wide stance. Kaleidoscopic body, constantly shifting colours.

Walks Basic movement. Rare, slow motion forward.

Runs Caution advised. High speed gliding object, lifting up off the ground. Do not antagonize.

Made dizzy Head spins wildly and uncontrollably. Colours shift to blues and purples.

Sleep Subject does not require sleep. Merely powers down, all movement vanishing.

Hovers Pressing the jump command a third time sends specimen into a hover where he can move side to side at a good speed. This lasts until subject presses the jump command or ten seconds at most. Several new attacks in this state; beware.

Notice: Subject does not crouch.

ATTENTION! EMERGENCY!

Subject has been found to use black holes extensively. Vortexes exercise varying amounts of pull from a distance of two platforms, on bodies and projectiles alike. More notes to be taken on this area. Pull to be indicated by comparison to known amount of inertia. Example: [Negative Sonic's Run] cancels out speed from indicated motion.

LOG ENTRY 1.3 - PROPERTIES

• An unremarkable jumper.
  • Hovers quickly.
  • Can hit from afar with vortexes.
  • Lacks firepower.
  • Grips terrain poorly.
  • Heavy as an overweight human.
  • Floats profusely.
  • Of middling height.

LOG ENTRY 1.4 - COMBAT OBSERVATIONS

Have encountered specimen and engaged in battle. Here follow our records of his various methods of attack.

Standard Combo [Oscillation Complex]
Strikes a pose, moving one foot forward, and lowers and tilts head forward. Subject proceeded to rapidly spin its head while flashing bright yellow. Has a weak pull inwards, and can be kept up until power battery runs dry, five seconds after. [2% a hit] [Negative Ganondorf's walk]

Dash [Commence Soar]
Specimen becomes compact out of his dash and, keeping momentum, moves up on an arc, into Hover state two blocks off the ground. Along the way, causes light harm on contact. Galaxy Man is unpredictable and should be avoided at all costs. [5%]

Tilt Forward [Crimson Profusion]
Leans forward and begins to flash red, giving enough time to prepare for what is coming. Incredible duration, specimen is able to hold it infinitely. The heat generated causes contact with its body to ricochet our testers away, far. Many counter-measures can penetrate its exterior, however. [8%]

Tilt Up [Polarity Reversal]
Splays out arms and stands on tips of feet, indicator. For a space above subject, gravity reverses, pulling us up instead of down. Attempting to jump causes downwards movement, required to prevent star ejection. Duration of negative zone: 1.5 seconds. [0%]

Tilt Down [Flash Guise]
Ducks down slightly, and freezes in spot, glittering as though with stars. Difficult to predict. Upon contact with glittering body, causes temporary loss of motion, including suspension if in air, for two seconds. Duration: one second. Highly recommend use of ranged attack as preventive measure. [0%]

Smash Forward [Galaxy Palm]
Extends an arm. Period of time before attack signifies strength of second strike; next, causes black hole to generate on palm. Powerful pull inwards. If contact is established with palm, second hit is executed, a powerful punch with other hand. Avoid contact at all costs - flee. [14%] [Negative Fox's Run]

Smash Up [Probe Transmitter]
Ejects small probe-like being, shaped as a UFO, from head. This being hovers some distance above. Upon contact, however, clamps onto target's cranium and proceeds to extract brain matter; can be dispelled by persistent tapping. Proceeds then to return to master and donate same brain matter, restoring Galaxy Man in equal amounts to damage dealt. CAUTION: vortexes pull probes in as well. Only one probe available at a time. [5%-20%]

Smash Down [Mote Matrix]
Subject points to ground below, temporarily causing it to reform itself through particles. Contact with shifting particles causes pain and knockback. After work, target area becomes hidden vortex with small effect radius, and dealing no damage; however, preventing jumping above it. Duration of presence variable by charge time, ranging to fifteen seconds. [10%] [Negative Mario's Run]

Hover Attack [Compression Missile]
Out of hover, subject releases small silver missile, which descends to ground level and then slowly flies back and forth. Upon contact with anything, it detonates, creating a cloud of steam and inflicting damage. As with the probe, this missile is affected by vortexes. [8%]

Hover Special [Extraterrestrial Barrage]
Subject opens up and releases a black hole that descends until it makes contact with something. Only then does sucking effect begin. No damage dealt; only one can exist at once. [0%] [Negative Squirtle's Run]

Aerial Neutral [Violet Frigidity]
Glows in many shades of purples and blues for a duration of one second. During this time, close contact causes freezing and damage. If subject lands on solid ground while under these effects, a stretch of ground the size of one platform is frozen and rendered slippery to others for ten seconds. [8%]

Aerial Forward [Absorption Satellite]
Creation of small vortex right before him, quickly. Can then freely move it around him until one second is up. Powerful suction effect, short duration. Does not actively inflict harm, but can be chained into Violet Frigidity or Paradigm Replica, as attacks can still be executed out of it. [0%] [Negative Wario on Bike]

Aerial Back [Paradigm Replica]
Shimmers kaleidoscopically and a replica of light is emitted, connected to original. Replica emerges from back without delay and causes pain and some distance on contact. After creation of replica, tilting of the control stick in either direction causes the real Galaxy Man to potentially move permanently into clone's position. Highly confusing. [9%]

Aerial Up [Space Hop]
Only can be used if foe is directly above. Causes abrupt teleportation of subject to above foe, chaining into automated footstool. Highly effective at preventing gimps, with instantaneous execution but small window of effectiveness. [3%]

Aerial Down [Impale Droid]
Causes release of small, drifting, round droid. Process of fabrication and release has duration of one second. Droid drifts in space aimlessly, maximum two in existence at once. On contact, extends spines abruptly, causing heavy damage. Highly dangerous; avoid until self-destruction, fifteen seconds later. Intercept creation if possible. Warning: vortex-affected. [15%]

Special [Black Hole Bomb]
Causes middling-length release of compacted purple energy. This drifts, controlled by subject but constantly moving forward, for two seconds or until second B button input. Upon second input, suction commences, with duration of two seconds. Highly adaptable tool, often used to force contact with Impale Droids, Compression Missiles, and Probe Transmitters. [0%] [Negative Squirtle's Run]

Special Forward [Reconfigured Droid]
Sounds of short circuiting signal start of attack. From an extended palm, round droid emerges, as Impale Droid. However, this one displays erratic, unpredictable movements. Counts as Impale Droid. Moves wildly until approaching a body; then beeps, flashing red, and detonates. Can exchange wiring and function with Impale Droid upon contact, causing confusion as to identity of approaching droid. Used often in conjunction with Impale and black holes to cause great damage and keep us off guard. [16%]

Special Up [Gravity Reduction]
Subject strikes celestial pose. Following three seconds show largely reduced gravity; heightened jumps and float time, affecting both Galaxy Man and us. Often used previously to second jump. [0%]

Special Down [Internal Magnetism]
Sudden convulsion causes yellow colour shift and sudden motion of all previously created droids/probes/missiles toward subject. Attraction lasts for duration of button input. No attraction on bodies or projectiles. [0%] [Negative Mario's Walk]

LOG ENTRY 1.5 - PHENOMENON

Incredible new attack witnessed. Specimen confirmed as highly dangerous. Avoid at all costs.

Breaking of energies contained in spherical capsule causes creation of black hole overlapping targetted foe. Foe can still flee, unaffected by vortex; however, vortex attracts friendly and unfriendly projectiles with great speed. Attraction includes other black holes which pull foe back and various droids and missiles. Flee with great prejudice; highly suggested not to get caught in the first place. Pursuing black hole fades after twenty second duration. [0%] [Negative Sonic's Run]

LOG ENTRY 1.6 – INTERCEPTED TRANSMISSION

The following combat briefing was intercepted, likely sent by Wily himself. Enclosed are instructions for subject on how to succeed. Must be hidden away at all costs.

You are not the same as everyone else. You are unique. Your most potent tool, the only tool you have that will allow you to have the advantage, are your black holes. These must be used to control the foe, liberally. Use them at every available moment, even if it serves no apparent function, and you’ll find victory rolling in for you. They are at their most effective when combined with your various droids and machines.

Your best KO method will be the two look-alike droids, which should be used in conjunction with black holes. Since they look so similar, and can exchange programming, they should keep the foe guessing, and on their toes, as they’re both so lethal. These droids should be a constant presence, limiting the foe’s potential movement. For maximal use, Down B will be vital. Get the foe between you and a droid, then use the Internal Magnetism. Throw in another black hole and you have a win-win situation.

Hover Mode should be employed often, as well. It allows you extra mobility and, of course, access to the missiles. It is also a prime way to recover horizontally, as, despite how easily it’s gimped, it essentially gives you infinite horizontal movement. Recovery in general is a weakness for you; Up B must always be used before the second jump. There is that period where it is easily gimped, but after you activate it, you can cover yourself from spikes from above with Up Aerial, which is an incredibly effective way of turning around a situation if timed properly.

KOing and racking damage are your two primary malfunctions, and perhaps your only ones. I have discussed KOs and the droids; however, for dealing damage, your own body will be your greatest tool. The attacks that cause colour shifts are efficient at racking it up and dishing it out; the challenge is landing them, with their low priority and horrible range. Again, vortexes save the day here; timing them and aiming them properly can lead to many sudden hits that the foe didn’t see coming.

You are different. To succeed, you must do things differently. You must keep the foe moving; their motions are more important than your own. You must keep creating droids and probes that limit the foe’s movements, then push them into what you just created. You must plan out every movement of your foe; everything must fall into place. If you obey me here, you will find that you can move anything anywhere, and that the most basic assumptions foes make about themselves can prove false at a moment’s notice.

LOG ENTRY 1.6 – MINOR FINDINGS

• Musical theme
  • Symbol that of Mega Man's head
  • Upon victory, often ascends into space, flashes many colours, or causes cloud of droids to detonate
  • Upon KOing, often flashes shades of black, twirls strangely, or creates small, visual black hole

- END LOG -​

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
So, um, triple post, but here's the font for the headers:

And the font for the attack names:

And I'll definitely try to save the page as an image.

Frf

Smash Apprentice
Thanks everyone for the compliments. Really, I didn't expect this many. :p
Also, awesome move, jimnymebob. If that move is just his down special then I can only imagine his final smash.....0.0

EDIT: I love Galaxy Man, K.Rool. Love the writing style, too. :D I was actually planning to make Galaxy Man after Blipper....But I doubt I can follow up on this.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Great moveset K.Rool.

I like it's presentation, even without the funky font.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
That moveset is incomprehensibly awesome.

*locks down Galaxy Man as a super-vote*
:bee::bee::bee:

Great moveset K.Rool.

I like it's presentation, even without the funky font.
Thanks, Jimny! I really did emphasize presentation on this one.

AWESOME! great job, and the government thing was great. to be honest, though, it's really only on par with snorlax.
Glad you liked it, wyvern. It's not meant to be another Kawasaki; I had fun writing it and thinking up the ideas, which is really what this is all about, right? And anyway, on par with Snorlax is plenty good enough, if you ask me. :bee:

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Also, awesome move, jimnymebob. If that move is just his down special then I can only imagine his final smash.....0.0
He won't have a Final Smash, but his transformation, Errol, will.

Fans of Jak and Daxter should know where I'm going for his Final Smash ;).

Smady

Smash Master
Galaxy Man is very good. Your concept with the gravity is unique and certainly diversifies the character away from most others, and the playstyle is excellent. Very much up there in terms of quality - good job.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
and now... my daily weekly post :bee:

[size=+4]
INTRODUCING…..​
[/size]

[size=+3]Blipper[/size]

wow... this is freaking awesome ~ especially for a first moveset. This is getting a vote from me :)

- OBSERVATION LOG -​

GALAXY MAN
great as always K.rool ~ i don't know much of anything about megaman 9, but galaxy man looks like a strange character that I'd love to play as ... XD

my Midna set is coming along slowly; I've got the neutral combo/dash, tilts & smashes done so far. it'll probably be another week before Midna is finished, at the very least

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom