• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Galaxy Man is good, but its certainly not on the level of Kawasaki. Might get a vote from me.

To bad Galaxy Man resulted in me postponing my set for a while...

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Awesome set K.rool, organisation is top-notch. I forgotten that you was doing a megaman set, even though you said something about it in the social group.

I hope AOSTH Robotnik continues the streek of Pwnage movesets, i'm going all out on this one. Originality wise, it's going to be my best set (who doesn't love dancing to Robotniks groove?). I'm currently on his aerials now.

I also agree with lionheart, I still feel Kawaski is your best set so far, but that postition is going to be hard to break.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@Galaxy Man: Awesome job, K. Rool, really creative attacks and everything. The writing style was a little confusing for me, though (I'm slow), but that means it's unique, and that means it's cool, and that means it's good. :)

Just curious, does anyone recognize what this is?

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Galaxy Man is very good. Your concept with the gravity is unique and certainly diversifies the character away from most others, and the playstyle is excellent. Very much up there in terms of quality - good job.
Thanks, Daddy. Good to see you think so. :bee:

great as always K.rool ~ i don't know much of anything about megaman 9, but galaxy man looks like a strange character that I'd love to play as ... XD

my Midna set is coming along slowly; I've got the neutral combo/dash, tilts & smashes done so far. it'll probably be another week before Midna is finished, at the very least
MIDNA! YES! Still anticipating that one. And thanks! It's like Kirby, you don't really need to know anything about the character, because there's really nothing to know. It's just a generic boss.

Galaxy Man is good, but its certainly not on the level of Kawasaki. Might get a vote from me.

To bad Galaxy Man resulted in me postponing my set for a while...
I guess not, but like I say, I didn't expect it to be. I'm looking to suffer from some Mendez syndrome, where nothing I make can match up to one moveset I made...

Awesome set K.rool, organisation is top-notch. I forgotten that you was doing a megaman set, even though you said something about it in the social group.

I also agree with lionheart, I still feel Kawaski is your best set so far, but that postition is going to be hard to break.
Well, thanks, frogman. And yeah, I didn't really talk about this one too much. Couldn't really give a preview of it, anyway, just because of the way it's one full package.

flyinfilipino: Slipped your comment through, eh??? Yeah, my biggest concern was that the writing style would be too hard to approach, but that's okay, as long as you liked it! And yeah, that's that one alien fellow from the Animorphs books, isn't it? Those were always... interesting.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
@flyinfilipino:

one of those Animorphs aliens, the good ones that aren't slugs that do mind control.

......Elfangor? Was that it? Pfiltriggi, what?

Andalites? Andelites? PAPASCATAZ?

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Every contest, I have made a Guild Wars set.... time to keep up that tradition.

Estimated Time: 4 hours, 29 minutes

Pyre Fierceshot

"I bite. That is all you need to know."

Story:
Pyre Fierceshot is a Charr ranger hero in Eye of the North. Exiled for disobeying the orders of the Charr Shamans, he hates the Shamans for using the Titans as a facade to rule over the Charr.

Pyre leads a warband of other Charr against the Shamans, attempting to spur a rebellion. There are at least five other members of his warband, with more implied. Though they share the same last name style, it is unlikely that they are related, as charr last names are shared by warband, not family.

Pyre is an outcast, persecuted by the Charr Shamans for daring to speak out against their ways. After his warband killed a Shaman and destroyed a temple, Pyre and his companions fled the ruling Shaman caste. Pyre hates them with a fury that only one raised to worship false gods can understand; he has been betrayed, tricked, and deceived, and he has sworn never to fall under the spell of the Shamans again.

Pyre celebrated the demise of the Titans, those whom the Shamans called gods, and now watches with rising anger as the priests continue to deceive his people. At every step, the Shamans seek to tighten their grasp, bringing the Charr once again under their false rule-enslaving them to powers who do not deserve respect, much less worship. The cycle of dominance and slavery must be broken-and the Charr must be free...

Beast Mastery:
A random animal appears to help Pyre in battle. It is chosen at the start of the match and stays for the duration. It has a health bar of its own and can be KO'd. It respawns alongside Pyre when Pyre is KO'd. They don't work like Nana/Popo because the pet aggressively attacks the nearest foe. They switch targets if you attack a different foe.

All pets generally have medium stats except for one stat or special bonus where they excell.
They have 3 jumps, the third of which being a high recovery jump. They only attack on the ground, with the exception of the Eagle. The base damage of a pet attack is 9% (though the Wolf gets an extra 5%). Pets attack at a regular interval of roughly once every second.

Pet Types:

Wolf (Comes in White, Gray, and Black chosen randomly)-
Slashing type damage. Attacks by tackling forwards the same distance as Wolf's F-Smash.
Bonus- Deals +5% damage

Mountain Eagle- Deals Piercing type damage. Attacks by pecking or with talons.
Bonus- Can Fly

Moa (Comes in Pink Moa, White Moa, and Black/Gothic Moa chosen randomly)-
Deals Piercing type damage. Attacks by pecking the foe.
Bonus- Fast movement speed, increased jump height

Lion (has a Lioness, Hyena, Tiger, White Tiger, Lynx, and Melandru's Stalker, a panther like animal, alternate looks, chosen randomly)-
Deals Slashing Damage. Attacks with claws.
Bonus- +20% knockback

Warthog-
Deals Slashing Damage. Attacks by tackling the foe.
Bonus- 20% Increased attack speed.

Bear (Comes in Black Bear and Polar bear, chosen randomly)-
Deals slashing damage. Attacks with claws.
Bonus- Heavy weight

Crocodile-
Deals piercing damage by biting the foe.
Bonus- High priority, can swim very well

Stats:
Height- Tall
He stands roughly the size of Ganondorf.

Weight- Heavy
Though not the heaviest character in the game, Pyre is rather tough.

Walking Speed- Slow

Running Speed- Fast
You'ld be surprised at how fast these beasts are.

Attack Speed- Average
Pretty average attack speed on a lot of moves.

Attack Reach, not counting projectiles- N/A
Pyre only has about a handful of moves that actually have a non-projectile or trap effect.

Attack Power- Average
His moves range from weak projectiles to somewhat heavy hitting broad arrows. It averages out.

Projectiles- Great
Pyre himself is reliant on projectiles.

First Jump- Good

Second Jump- Good

Falling Speed- Fast
Not the fastest faller, but certainly up there.

Recovery- Good
With 2 good jumps and a fairly good Up B recovery, Pyre shouldn't have to much of a problem getting back on stage.

Final Smash- Risky, But Potentially Rewarding
Pyre's Final Smash can devastate foes, but it can do the same to him and his allies.

Traction- Bad
Pyre trips at a slightly higher than average rate and has trouble turning.

Dodges- Great
Rangers stereotypically have great reflexes, and being an animal doesn't hurt either.

Crouch- Good
Pyre gets on all fours.

Wall Jump- Yes
3 times

Wall Cling- No

Crawl- Yes

Glide- No

Specials:
Neutral B- Barrage
Pyre fires 5 arrows at once in the direction in front of him. They head diagonally upwards and then curve downwards. The turning point is at roughly 5 bodylengths upwards and 3 bodylengths forwards. They travel another 3 bodylengths forward as they head back down. Due to this, this attack can be very hard to land and requires a lot of planning. Its much better against aerial foes than ground foes. Each arrow strikes for a 3% and low knockback if it hits. Being hit by the entire cluster or arrows will deal 15% damage. This move has average lag on both ends.

Side B- Throw Dirt
Pyre reaches his arm down quickly and picks up dirt (this is the "charging" position). Use the control stick to aim this move upwards or to the sides. This deals no damage if it hits but has very high priority. The struck foe will be blinded for 5 seconds, giving him a 33% chance of missing with attacks. Use this move to defend yourself from melee attacks. Not counting aiming time, this move has fairly high beginning lag and low ending lag.

Up B- Roaring Winds
As if by Pyre's affinity to nature, the wind kicks up pushing him a good distance, roughly 5 bodylengths, diagonally upwards in the direction he is facing. It also surrounds him on all sides, reaching out 2 bodylengths circumference. Foes who come into contact with it are pushed away, much like with water gun, making this a very risky gimping move. No damage is dealt to foes. This move has average lag on both ends.

Down B- Preparation
A staple of Guild Wars rangers... their wilderness survival skills help power up their arrows.
Pyre kneels down and pulls out all the arrows that are visually represented in his quiver. A glow seems to come from his hands as he applies a special preperation to his arrows. The entire duration of this move is 1 second, including beginning and ending lag. The preparation lasts 10 seconds. Only one preperation can be used at a time, using this move again will overwrite the previous preperation.

Prepartions consist of the following and are chosen randomly:
Poisoned Arrows- Arrows deal an additional 2% damage to the struck foe.

Ignited Arrows- Arrows explode upon contact, dealing 4% fire damage to foes within a bodylength of a struck foe. Doesn't cause additional harm to the struck foe.

Read the Wind- Your arrows fly twice as fast.

Rapid Fire- Your arrow based moves have 33% less lag on both ends.

Glass Arrows- Your arrows reflect energy based projectiles and out-prioritize non-energy based projectiles.

Melandru's Arrows- If your arrows strike a foe who is performing a move, they strike for an additional 4% (this only applies once to barrage if all arrows strike).

Normal Attacks:
A,A,A- Quick Shot/Dual Shot/Triple Shot
Pyre fires an arrow forward quickly. It travels half the length of Final Destination quickly and deals 1% damage. Press A again to fire a second arrow with the same stats. Press A a third time to fire a 3rd arrow that deals 2% damage and flies half the length of Final Destination quickly. The first shot has low beginning lag, the 2nd 2 shots have very low beginning lag. You have average ending lag when you stop firing (regardless of whether its the first shot, the second shot or the third shot.) Low hitstun on all arrows.
*These arrows are effected by preparations.

Dash Attack- Whirling Defense
Pyre stops and quickly spins 3 times, blocking with his bow. This works like a sidestep against any opposing attacks that hit Pyre. If a projectile hits you while whirling, foes within 2 bodylengths on any side of Pyre take 7% damage and flinch. You can move left or right while whirling. This move has low beginning lag on both ends. Can't be used again until 2 seconds have passed.

Tilts:
Side- Run As One
Both you and your pet dash forwards 5 bodylengths, dealing 5% damage (Wolf deals 10%) if a foe is struck. If both you and the pet hit the same foe, that foe takes both hits of 5%. This move has fairly low lag on either end. Deals low knockback. Great priority. Low hitstun.

Up- Volley
Pyre takes 4 arrows out of his quiver and fires them into the air at the same time. They travel upwards 3 bodylengths and then curve down, splitting left and right. 1 arrow hits to the left of Pyre next to him, one hits to the right next to him, one hits about 1-2 bodylengths away to the left, and the last does the same to the right. Each arrow deals 3% and low knockback if it hits. Fairly low beginning lag and low ending lag. The arrows fly fast.
*These can be buffed with preparations*

Down- Trap
Pyre kneels down and starts tampering with the ground. This entire move takes 1 second, counting beginning and ending lag. He plants a trap on that spot of the ground. 2 weak traps can be placed at any one time, and placing a 3rd trap gets rid of the first in the set. This can only be used on the ground. Traps are completely invisible. 2 traps can be placed in the same spot, to make one extra painful trap.

Combo Trap Example:
Conflagration + Tripwire- Foe takes 5% from tripwire and trips, keeping them in the fire for more of the duration, if not the whole duration.

Traps consist of the following and are chosen randomly:
Conflagration- Ideally, the best weak trap for damage. Fire bursts of the ground when a foe triggers it. Foes who walk on it will take 5% and flinching each second they stand on it for 5 seconds. DI can help your foe escape the trap. The fire reaches 1 bodylength all around.

Barbed Trap- When triggered by a foe, spikes burst out of the ground and deal 5% damage and flinching. The foe then moves 50% slower for 3 seconds. The hitbox is 1 stage builder block all around.

Tripwire- If a foe triggers it, they trip and take 5% damage.

Dust Trap- When triggered, a cyclone of dust whips up dealing 3% and flinching every second the foe is in its hitbox (2 bodylengths wide, 1 up). It blinds the foe for 3 seconds, giving them a 33% chance to miss with attacks.

Frozen Soil- A very unique trap. It turns the block under, and a block on each side of Pyre into ice for a full minute. Does not count as one of your 2 traps.

Smashes:
Side- Broad Headed Arrow
Pyre pulls out an arrow with a very heavy head, places it in position, and pulls the string (this is the charge pose). He fires it forwards. This arrow travels at a slow speed for a projectile, comparing to Wolf's laser, and travels 5 bodylengths before curving downwards. The arrow strikes for 10...15% damage and medium knockback if it hits. This move has fairly high lag on both ends.
*This can be buffed with preparations.*

Up- Lacerate
As if in Pyre's command, nature fights for him. Pyre casts his hand in the air (the charging pose). A violent cutting wind carrying leaves blows above him, reaching a bodylength upwards and a bodylength to both sides of Pyre (but above him). Foes hit by it are pushed a great distance in the direction Pyre is facing and take 8...13% damage. This move has average lag on both ends.

Down- Elite Trap
Pyre kneels down and appears to mess with the ground (this is the charge pose). The entire duration of this move, excluding charge time but including lag on both ends, is 1 second. There can only be one elite trap on the field at one time. Elite traps are invisible and can be placed in the same spot as normal traps for an extra painful trap.

Elite Traps consist of the following and are chosen randomly:
Greater Conflagration- Like the name suggests, its just a better version of Conflagration. This has an additional bodylength of upwards reach and an additional bodyblock on each side. Opponents caught in it take 7% and flinching each second they are caught in it for up to 5 seconds. DI can be used to escape. The best trap of all for damage.

Spike Trap- When triggered, spikes come out of the ground 3 stage builder blocks wide. Struck foes are crippled, reducing their movement by 66% for 5 seconds, trip, and take 5% damage.

Smoke Trap- When triggered, a cyclone of dust + smoke whips up dealing 3% and flinching every second the foe is in its hitbox (3 bodylengths wide, 2 up). It blinds the foe for 5 seconds, giving them a 33% chance to miss with attacks.

Quicksand- When triggered, the foe is stuck in quick sand. This trap deals no damage, but foes cannot move at all for 3 seconds. If you attack them, they take damage but no knockback. Take advantage of this to really hammer them. Combines very well with multi-hit traps.

Aerials:
Nair- Rampage As One
Pyre and his animal companion both roll into a ball, kind of like Sonic. You can now control their direction for 5 seconds, speeding up by mashing the A button. The animal companion's natural instinct is to follow you, but you can control him seperately by using the C-Stick. This move has average lag on both ends. Average priority. Low hitstun. You have an average hitbox, your animal companion has a smaller, but still decent, hitbox. If someone is hit by either you or your companion, they take 7% damage and decent knockback.

Fair- Forked Arrow
Pyre shoots an arrow forwards. This arrow is brittle, and splits into 2 arrows after traveling only 1 stage builder block. One arrow heads diagonally upwards. The other arrow heads diagonally downwards. The arrows shatter after flying half of Final Destination's length. This attack has fairly low lag on both ends. Low hitstun. Each arrow deals 3% and low knockback.
*These arrows are affected by Preparations.

Bair- Zojun's Haste
Pyre dashes backwards 1/3 the distance of Final Desination. He has Super Armor throughout the entire duration of this dash and goes through foes, dealing no damage or knockback. This move has low lag on both ends. Its possible uses include spacing, dodging, and, if you turn around first, recovering. This does not leave Pyre helpless.

Uair- Sundering Shot (aka Screaming Shot)
This attack is notorious in Guild Wars for its very loud sound queue and the brightness of the arrow. Basically.. you know if its coming for you. Pyre fires a flaming arrow into the air. It releases a loud "scream" over the entire duration of its flight. If the arrow hits someone it deals 7% and good knockback. If it doesn't hit anyone, it will fly all the way to the top of the screen. If this happens, the arrow will explode and fire will rain down from the sky on that spot, working much like Pikachu's Super Gud Down B. The fire deals 10% and good knockback. This move has fairly high beginning lag and average ending lag. The arrow flies fairly quickly.
*The arrow, but not the fire effect, is affected by Preparations*

Dair- Choking Gas
Pyre fires an arrow downwards. If it hits something, whether it be a person, the stage, or an obstacle, it deals 3% damage and flinching and then releases choking gas, which deals an additional 5% and flinching to all hit by it. The choking gas has a hitbox of one center stage builder block and one stage builder block in all directions around it (including diagonally). It will interrupt any actions taken by any in its area of effect, whether the struck person is friend or foe. This move has average lag on both ends. The arrow will keep going until it hits something or leaves the stage. It flies at a fairly fast speed. Low hitstun.
*This arrow, but not the choking gas effect, is affected by Preparations.*

Situational Attacks:
Rising Attack- Bow Swing
Pyre jumps up and swings his bow from the left to the right, hitting on both sides of himself. This move has good reach, low lag on both ends, great priority, low hitstun, and deals 5% damage and low knockback.

Ledge Attack- Horns
Pyre headbutts, hitting foes with the horns on his head. This move has a small hitbox, low lag on both ends, great priority, low hitstun, and deals 10% damage and good knockback.

Z-Button:
Pyre doesn't use his Z-button to grab. Instead, he commands his pet by holding the Z button.

A targeting mark appears over your animal companion's current target. Use the control stick to switch targets. Targets chosen in this way take advantage over your animal companion's natural aggressiveness so he will keep his target even if you attack someone else.

You can order your pet to use its 3 jumps by pressing the jump button and order him to shield, sidestep, roll dodge, etc. just like a human player.

You can also perform special attacks by pressing another button while still holding Z.

Z+A (Ground)- Melandru's Assault
Your animal companion runs to its target foe. For 10 seconds, its next attack will be a special move named Melandru's Assault. Use proper timing, because if you use this move when your animal companion is mid-attack, that attack will be interrupted and your animal companion will perform Melandru's Assault. Ideally, its best to use this after a normal attack has been completed. If this attack hits, it deals +5% damage on top of the pet's base 9% (a Wolf will deal 9%+5%+5%= 19% damage). If this attack is shielding, a burst effect will occur, not harming the struck foe, but striking all foes within 3 stage builder blocks circumference of that foe for 14% damage (19% for a Wolf) and great knockback. The reach, priority, hitstun, and knockback of the attack itself (not the burst effect) is the medium base of an animal companion, unless boosted by your animal companion's bonus. This move has fairly high lag on both ends.

Z+A (Air)- Rampage Alone
Just like Pyre's Nair, but only the pet performs it. Control it with the Control Stick. Remember... you must keep holding Z.

Z+B (Ground Only)- Disrupting Lunge-
Your animal companion runs to its target foe. For 10 seconds, its next attack will be a special move named Disrupting Lunge. Use proper timing, because if you use this move when your animal companion is mid-attack, that attack will be interrupted and your animal companion will perform Disrupting Lunge. Ideally, the best time to use this attack is right after a normal attack is completed. If this attack hits, it deals +5% damage on top of the pet's base 9% (a Wolf will deals 9%+5%+5%=19% damage). If the struck foe was performing a move (special, a attack, or grab) when they were struck (ending lag doesn't count) that move is disabled for 10 seconds. This attack has low beginning lag and fairly high ending lag. The reach, histun, priority, and knockback of the attack is the medium base of an animal companion, unless buffed by your animal companion's special bonus. This move is useful for performing a quick 2 hit combo with your pet by using it after a normal attack. Disrupting Lunge has a 10 second recharge.

Final Smash:
Nature Ritual-
Pyre kneels down and creates a Mario-Sized immobile Nature Spirit on the ground. It effects everyone in the match, both friend and foe. It disappears after 60 seconds.

All spirits look like this:

Nature Spirits consist of the following and are chosen randomly:
Edge of Extinction- Once infamous in Guild Wars before being nerfed. When anyone on the stage is KO'd (or SD's) everyone else on the field takes 30% damage.

Favorable Winds- All projectiles deal an additional +3% damage and fly 50% faster.

Fertile Season- All characters on the field have an additional 50% of their current weight.

Predatory Season- All characters on the field are healed for 5% each time they deal damage.

Winnowing- All characters on the field take an additional 4% damage when they are struck by physical damage (slashing, piercing, most weapons, punching, and kicking).

Famine- When a character that is has 100% damage or more takes damage, that character takes an additional 10% damage.

Brambles- When a character trips, that character takes 10% damage and are stuck on the ground for an additional 1/3 of a second.

Muddy Terrain- All characters on the field are unable to dash.

Nature's Renewal- All Special Moves have twice as much beginning lag.

Tranquility- All Special Moves have twice as much ending lag.

Quickening Zephyr- All moves have 33% less beginning lag but 33% more ending lag.

Equinox- All moves have 33% more beginning lag but 33% less ending lag.

Taunts:
For all his taunts, a text bubble appears above Pyre's Head.
Up-
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I beat you with until you understand who is in command!"
Side-
"Don't waste my time, meat!"
Down-
"Destruction, too, is an art."

Idle Quotes:
These happen if you stand still for to long. A text bubble will appear above his head.
"My father was a great soldier. Without him, Ascalon would not be the smoldering ruin it is today. I will honor his memory."
"Never eat something that isn't twitching."
"The Vizier destroyed his own country rather than fight us. That...is a compliment."
"There are no gods. There is only pain and those willing to end it."
"When I was a cub, my grandfather used to light a flame under a moa bird's feet and watch it squawk. If we don't get moving soon, I'll introduce you to him."
"Yes, mouse. Your people will retake their homeland...when they can eat ash and sleep in flame."

Lose Pose:
After his foe finishes speaking, Pyre replies "You will burn like Ascalon!"

Victory Poses:
Up-
Pyre taunts his foes by saying "Humans. Bah! Your limbs rip apart so easily."
Side-
While putting an ignited arrow in his bow, he says "Fire leaves little behind."
Down-
Pyre roars and says "I am Charr!"

Pros:
Great projectile and camping game.
Traps can be annoying, and when comboed, devastating.
Final Smash can be potentially devastating.
Pet provides a nice source of damage.
Good recovery.
Heavy.
Fast movement speed.
Preparation can be very helpful.
Can gimp with recovery move, albeit this is very risky.

Cons:
Bad Traction
Has some trouble KO'ing.
Over-reliant on projectiles. Doesn't work well at melee reach.
No grabs.
Final Smash can be just as devastating to you and your allies.
Random nature on many moves.
Doesn't combo well.

Trap Comboes:
The only true comboes Pyre has are trap comboes. While these comboes are random, some can be quite devastating.

Example-
Burn Em While They're Down-
Greater Conflagration, Conflagration, Tripwire- Tripwire holds foe in place for a long duration of the other 2 traps. Deals 5% + 5x% + 7x% with x being the number of seconds up to 5. Max damage... 65%

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Oooh, people out there do know about Animorphs. That specific one's name is Elfangor, Pellikinesis, but the species is known as Andalite.

I was just throwing some ideas around, and wondered if anyone would recognize something from Animorphs. *writes down observation*

EDIT: Of course a moveset would pop up on the next page...*goes back to read*

Salvo Fenris

Smash Apprentice
I believe the name you're looking for is "Andalite," Peli. And the slugs that do mind control are Yeerks.

EDIT: Aww, someone beat me to it. =P

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Gotcha. I never would have thought of an Animorphs moveset, should be interesting. Gosh, you people know about Animorphs and know nothing about Plok? Sad times, these are.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@Pyre: Looks great, Chris! I dunno anything about Guild Wars, but the moveset looks very diverse and thorough and fun, and the animal partner mechanic is also very cool.

A few things confuse me though:
- In the descriptions of each animal, you mention "slashing" damage and "piercing" damage. Is there some sort of special meaning to these or does it just describe how the animal attacks?

- How exactly do you make your opponents' attacks more likely to "miss" with some attacks? Do the attacks simply have no effect, or do you do an automatic dodge?

- Can you stack the effects of Preparations like you can with Traps? It looks like you can, but I just want to make sure.

Otherwise, great moveset overall!

EDIT:

@Salvo: Bingo!

@Peli: Eh, I don't know if I'll do it or not, but since it looks like some people might know a bit about it, I'll think about it. Right now I'm going to try and concentrate on going all out for Leon S. Kennedy, and Animorphs might wait until the next contest.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
@Galaxy man: Ahh.....I have yet to play Megaman 9, but that moveset makes me want to play it. I agree with everyone else, saying that it's not your best moveset, but it's still a great moveset nevertheless.

@Pyre: Another good moveset from you Chris. I like the beast mastery thingy lol. I just skimmed through it, and i think it's a great moveset too.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
That's a really interesting moveset, Chris. I've never been a Guild Wars player, but that looks really cool anyway.

EDIT: I love Galaxy Man, K.Rool. Love the writing style, too. :D I was actually planning to make Galaxy Man after Blipper....But I doubt I can follow up on this.
Thanks, Frf! Don't sell yourself short, Blipper was great, especially for a first. If I'd known you were gonna do Galaxy, I would've gone for Concrete or Splash Woman... oh well.

@Galaxy man: Ahh.....I have yet to play Megaman 9, but that moveset makes me want to play it. I agree with everyone else, saying that it's not your best moveset, but it's still a great moveset nevertheless.
Thanks, TWIL. Definitely try to get your hands on it, it's a really addictive game.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Gah! I've missed so much, and only in half a day or so!

@Blipper: I am awestruck. I can't believe you actually did it, and so well, too!! Truly, you have a gift.

@Galaxy Man: Yay! The style was excellent, and I love the gravitation mechanic. And so begins a Robot Master takeover!!
(By which I mean that I plan to have Gemini Man finished within a few days, hopefully sooner!)

@Pyre: Looks excellent, Chris! You just had to get your Guild Wars fix for this contest, I see. :laugh:

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Robot Master takeover?

If Top Man hasn't made an appearance yet, I'll do the honors. Because other killer robots can shoot fire or tornadoes or homing lasers, but this guy shoots freaking tops and that's just scary.

And there's always Dustman and Pharaoh Man for the lulz.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
GALAXY MAN
... Honestly... I... expected kinda more. It felt really odd to read that. It felt more like an instruction book than a moveset. Not to mention that you did the header crap YET AGAIN. I'm slightly disappointed, even, to be quite honest, Rool. =/
The moveset itself is okay, but I wasn't able to read through it completely because I already was tired of reading through that style of writing.

Every contest, I have made a Guild Wars set.... time to keep up that tradition.

Pyre Fierceshot
Every contest, you also made yourself as a self-insertion (MYM2 original, MYM3 remade, MYM4 in Sandbags). Can't wait to see the MYM5 version of Chris Lionheart. =P

Also, that's a pretty nice moveset - so you did that stuff with dropping the throws for the animal control. Uh huh. I'm not finished yet, but from what I've seen so far, it's pretty good.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Great moveset Chris :).

I like the Preperation move, and those little pictures help make this move better.

Has no one got round to making/ decided who should make Splash Woman? :laugh:

Junahu

Smash Ace

I'm back... ?

I'm sure somebody noticed I was gone.. for a whole month... right?

Well anyway, once I've got my bearings, I'll try to play catch up with this thread. And then I can make good on all those commitments I remember making.

But it's great to see everyone else is still hard at work

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Holy crap... I haven't been on in a looong time. Not my fault, though. Blame it on my idiotic aunt, because of her, we where going to move, so we canceled the Internet subscription, then we didn't move, got it turned on yesterday, and I've been trying to email a report to my physics teacher since then...which he apparently hasn't gotten. Anyway, I wasn't lying about Hibari! Here he is!

HE'LL BITE YOU TO DEATH! HIBARI KYOYA JOINS THE CLASH!

Background

Hibari is a, well not exactly main character, but definitely up there, from Katekyo Hitman Reborn!(yes, the exclamation mark is included in the name). He's a member of the Vongola Famiglia, and is possibly the strongest, and meanest. At first, he's a bad guy, sorta. he joins the discipline committee and just beats the living crap out of anyone who annoys him, which includes part of the Vongola Famiglia. As a result of his strength, speed, and pretty much everything else, Reborn scouts him into the family and he becomes the cloud guardian. Later on in the Varia Saga, he fights Gola Mosca, the second most feared thing there, next to XANXUS, and destroys it effortlessly. Then, however, he fight XANXUS, and is distracted long enough to let the Mosca fire on him, and Tsuna, the main character has to fight. Even later, the characters all go into the future, at separate times, though. Hibari is the last to arrive, and his ten-year-older counterpart was fighting the Phantom Knight, the most feared opponent in the future, Hibari's 10-year form is winning, then he switches, and doesn't do so well. But, the story is still in progression, and they're about to fight the most powerful person there, so...he's training for the upcoming fight by entering the Super Smash Bros. Tournament!

MOVESET
Stats
Size:6/10 He's a tiny bit shorter than Marth, and about the same build, ie., sleek and slender.
Weight:5/10 Yeah, he's not that heavy, but not too light, just right in the middle here.
First Jump:6/10 Okay here too, but nothing too special.
Second Jump:6/10 'Bout the same as the first.
Top Speed:8/10 Hibari is pretty fast, and so are his moves.
Traction:5/10 Speed doesn't really help much here...
Power:6/10 He has some good KO moves, but some are kinda situational.
Range:5/10 Little above normal punches, as the tonfa extend a bit past his hands.
Priority:4/10 Moves are powerful, but out-prioritized rather easily.
Recovery:6/10 Not exceptional here, but not horrible at all.
Fall Speed:7/10 He falls fast, he likes the ground.
Crouch: Yes, but it doesn't really help him out much.
Crawl: No
Wall Jump: Yes, and not too shabby, either.
Float: No

Animations

Standing: Hibari stands straight, looking ready for a fight, with a slight smirk on his face.
Idle: Hibird(not a typo, it's his bird's name. Kinda looks like a fat canary...) flies up and lands on Hibari's shoulder.
Walking: Hibari holds his tonfa out in a defensive pose, but still moves.
Running: Looks a lot like the walking animation, but he takes longer, faster strides.
Dashing: He holds his tonfa behind him, to give a more aerodynamic form, for more speed.
Crouching: Hibari just stoops a little lower. not very useful.
First Jump: Hibari jumps normally.
Second Jump: He spins a little on this one, sort of looking like a tonfa tornado...! Maybe I could use that..
Float: Seriously?
Shield: Just a regular old shield, rather slow in the dissipation area.
Sidestep: Steps off the screen, and looks toward the player, with his arms held in that direction.
Roll: Hibari does a grounded backflip, using his awesome agility.
Air Dodge: He spins, kind of like in his midair jump, but only does one rotation.
Trip: Hibari falls flat on his arse, and looks very PO'd indeed...
Asleep: Hibari falls asleep standing, and Hibird perches on top of his head, tweeting. This has a small chance of waking him up early, plus it's kinda cute.
Dizzy: Hibari stumbles around, seeming drunk. Hibird does the same in the air.

Specials

B-Tonfa Tornado: I had something else in mind for this, but this is much better in my opinion. Hibari holds his twin tonfa at his sides, but pointing them forward at a single point ahead of him. He then dashes forward a bit and spins around. It resembles Meta-Knight's Drill Rush, but the enemy slides along the ground quite a distance from the end of the attack. It's a little like a forced, face-down wavedash, but they can slide off the edge. The attack goes forward about 1/4 Final Destination, and the enemy slides a little more than that. It can do between 5-16% damage, depending on how much it is charged and how many hits you can get to connect. By the way, it does six hits total and takes 3 seconds t ofully charge, but you can hold it as long as you prefer.

How to use this: I personally recommend utilizing this technique in pretty much every fight. It has good range, and puts the enemy away from you, to let you calm down/plan for a moment. Plus, It doesn't have too much lag, just a bit at the end as Hibari rights himself, so you can punish it to an extent. Don't overuse this, though, as the strategies are a little limited, and any skilled opponent will see through it. In essence, it is cliche, too much of a good thing, right?

Side B-Hibari Barrage: Hibari juts his elbows forward, and if he hits anyone with the tonfa, he goes all-out into a butt-busting combo. He does 17 hits, including the two tonfa juts at the start, which go as follows: tonfa elbow thrusts(2), forearm tonfa bashes(4- two horizontal, two vertical), a knee to the stomach(1), heavy tonfa strike to the side of the head(2, one from the right and one from the left, they spin the opponent around, but since there's two of them, it doesn't really matter), tonfa jabs/thrust to the stomach area(jabs with right tonfa elbow twice, then slams his left forearm into their stomach, so 3), a top-of-the-head strike(brings both tonfa down on their head; 2), knee to he face while they're falling from the last blows(1), then a very painful-looking hit to the gut(1), and to finish it off, an uppercut with the tonfa butt, straight to the chin(1), for a total of seventeen hits. As you can probably guess from the description of the last hit, they go upwards, at about a 98-100 degree angle(as in, forward, but still mostly vertical). While this may seem agonizingly slow, with Hibari's speed and agility, it goes by pretty fast, about 1.5-2 seconds. This does 19% damage, but is kind of noticeable, as he says "I'll bite you to death!" right before he jabs with the tonfa. The end lag isn't good, either, Hibari feels compelled to exclaim that his enemy is pathethic, or not worth his time, so yeah... Also, the range isn't too great, but is does have good vertical knockback.

How to use this: This is decent attack, but watch out for the range, it's really isn't that good. That aside, the damage is decent, and you can annoy your adversary with this, just spam it, though it won't work at high percentages, it is handy for racking up 28% damage rather quickly. Also, be careful on free-for-all/team matches, because you'll be stunned for couple of seconds if you're attacked while using this technique. Oh, and there are more combos out there, but you'll have to experiment to find them. Which you can't, because he'll never be in the game! Bwahahahaha!

Up B- Unidentified Box Weapon..Beam?: Yeah, in the future saga, they have box weapons. Which are weapons, or animals, in a box. Anyways, the manga doesn't really say this one's name, so I'm going with this! Yeah, this is a relatively simple weapon, Hibari takes out the box, and aims it downward. After a second or so of charging, it releases a wide beam, which does one hit of 9% to anyone who touches it, and propels Hibari upward about as much as Wolf Kick, or whatever that's called. However, if it does hit someone, the distance it sends him is increased, because of the simple fact that it now has a base from which to push off. This also works with platforms and such, but that would just give you more "free-fall," and that's not so good, although it's essentially unavoidable if used on the ground...

How to use this: Actually, Hibari doesn't really have many useless techniques, unlike Piccolo did. This can be used a fairly decent recovery, especially if you're opponent is beneath you. Also, it is useful as an attack from the ground, if there's a platform above, say, Battlefield style. It creates a small burst area where it makes contact with the ground, and that knocks foes away with enough power to KO at really high percentages, but I'd recommend something a little more orthodox.

Down B: Needle Sphere Hedgehog: Weird name, huh? But yeah, Hibari uses his more well known box weapon, which is an unnamed hedgehog. Basically, it creates five small, needled, spheres that surround Hibari, who stands there, looking all regal with his hair floating upward. The spheres are arranged with one above him to the left, one above him to the right, one below him to the left, one below him to the right, and one right over, like a spiked shield. Anyone who comes in contact with a sphere will be sent rocketing at an angle determined by which sphere they hit: top right; 60 degree angle, bottom right; no angle, straight along the ground, bottom left; same as bottom right, top left; 140 degree angle. That's with zero on the right, by the way. The spheres by themselves do 6% damage on contact, but any solid(not energy, think Link's arrows, Bob-ombs, etc.) projectile that hits will be sent off straight downward, not back at the firer. Any energy will be destroyed. Hibari is not totally protected by this, however, as some attack can break through this, like Smart Bombs. They'll be deflected, but the explosion will reach him, stunning him, and doing the usual Smart Bomb damage. Also, some small projectile(Fox's lasers, Pit's arrows) can slip right through with the right positioning. The spheres stay out for three seconds, and ther is no small amount of lag at the end, about one-and-a-half seconds worth.

How to use this: It's good for stuff like a full Charge Shot or Super Scope, or for repelling enemies, cause the needles do have knockback to them, but don't spam it, it is breakable, and you'll pay if you're hit while using it. You'll be stunned for the remainder of the attack plus two seconds, and two seconds alone is bad enough! Also, this can repel things like Pit's/DeDeDe's Final Smash, as well as any other physical projectile, as previously stated. The power isn't great, but can be useful as a "push-back" technique. Oh, the spheres extend about one Fox height from Hibari.

Basic Attacks

A/AA/AAA-Repeating Jab-2%-2%-1/2%-This is an infinite move, like Fox's kicks. The fist two look a lot like the ones from the Side B, with one horizontal and one vertical, but the rest are jabs with the end of the tonfa. Knockback, obviously, is zilch.

Ftilt-Tonfa Rotation-2%-2%-2%-3%-Hibari twists his tonfa around, making the short ends rest on his arms and the long ends stick out, then rips them away from each other. The spinning does the first 4%, and the splitting inflicts two hits of 2 and 3% respectively, for a total of 9%. Knockback on this move is pretty good for a tilt, and the range is good, slightly worse than Marth's sword.

Utilt-Prickly Situation-5%-5%-For this move, Hibari's hedgehog helps out a little. It jumps up on Hibari's head, then extends its spike upward twice in rapid succession. Both of the hits do 5%, making this potentially stronger than his Ftilt, but it has slightly less range, and is less effective at higher %s, as they'll be sent up before the second strike. The knockback on this is low for the first hit, then average for the second.

Dtilt-Hibird's Use-6%-Hibari, liking to stay focused on his opponent, sends Hibird to attack them from beneath, which he does. It does 6% damage, with no knockback, but a very long hitstun. This means it can't KO by itself(it's a fricken bird, what do you expect), but it can set them up for a very good Fsmash or something.

Dashing-I'll Bite You To Death!-7%-Since Hibari holds his arms at his sides while dashing, you can't very well expect him to use them. No, he holds true to his highschool catchphrase, and bites the opponent, but he then flips his head back, swinging them that way. The knockback has a small adjustment rate, but it's not set. What's meant by that is the knockback only changes at huge intervals, like 0-50-100-150, or something like that.

Rising attack-Tonfa Displacement-3%-Hibari looks as if he's lost a tonfa, and looks around for it, then jumps up a great distance, striking with both of his tonfa in an uppercut. Very sneaky is this one. It's not as laggy as you'd think.

Ledge<100%-Contortionist Flip-8%-Hibari does a weird-looking flip back onto the stage, where he swings his legs upward, behind him, to strike the opponent, and push them back a good deal. Very fast, although a little creepy(how does he get his back bend that way?).

Ledge>100%-Tonfa Swipe-6%-Hibari apparently doesn't want to attempt that first ledge attack in his condition, so he just swings his tonfa across the ground in front of him, then slowly rises up. Quite laggy.

Aerials

Nair-Both Ways Tonfa-5/6%-Stop with the gay jokes, already! Hibari jabs his right tonfa out in front of him, and his left one behind him. Surprisingly, the back one does more damage and knoceback, while the front has better range.

Fair-Bear Crush-8%-Not hug, Hibari doesn't hug. He grabs his foe and squeezes the hell out of them, then releases them. They fall a little bit before they regain control. It has no knockback.

Bair-Elbow Drift-7%-Hibari thrusts his right elbow backwards, and goes along with it. This has goo range, because you slide a good deal when you use it. The lag is king of heavy, though.

Uair-Swipe-4/5%-Hibari swings both of his tonfa over his head, at the same time. They do two hits for a total of 9% damage. The knockback is good, but not great.

Dair-Tonfa Dive-8%-Hibari holds his right tonfa pointing downward, and his body horizontally, and falls. Fast. Whatever he hits suffers pretty bad knockback, with KO potential. The lag at the end is noticeable, as Hibari rises from the ground after resting on his tonfa for a second.

Smashes(and various related techniques)

Fsmash-Twin Tonfa Spin-10/19%-Hibari strikes with his left tonfa, then spins around to maximize his velocity, and smashes(hehe) the opponent withe the back of his right one. The damage is good, with most of the emphasis on the second strike, which does about 5/8ths of the damage.

Usmash-Rising Tonfa-8/16%-Hibari holds one of his tonfa out, his right specifically, while it charges, then swings it upward. This has two hitboxes, one for the swinging and one for the final resting place of the tonfa. The final one does the most damage, with straight vertical knockback, but the swinging has much better horizontal knockback.

Dsmash-Cloud Flame-1%-2%-3%-4%-5%-Hibari holds his tonfa pointing downward, and then releases the power of his cloud flame, which does five hits extremely quickly, for a total of 15% damage. It's his weakest smash, but it always does the same damage, you just charge the knockback, which varies from abysmal to godly.

Grab Attack-Face Bash-3%-Hibari just bashes them in the face with his tonfa.

Fthrow-Beauty Breaker-8%-Hibari throws a vicious knee, straight to the face, which sends the opponent off to his doom. Not the strongest of his throws, but it definitely has the most knockback out of them all, a little more than Luigi/Mario's back throw.

Bthrow-Piercing Tonfa-11%-Hibari throws the opponent a small ways behind him, then jumps and lands on them with his elbow, tonfa included. The knockback is to great for a chaingrab, but not enough to be a top contender in KO's. But it looks painful. Quite painful indeed.

Uthrow-Toss Aside-6%-The weakest throw, but it has chaining potential. Hibari tosses his opponent in front of him, preparing to attack, but Hibird sees his chance, and slashes at them with his beak. This, for reasons unknown, causes the opponent to kind of pause in the air. This is not infinite, though, as at higher %, they will be thrown too far for Hibird to hit, meaning no chaingrab and a dismal 1% damage.

Dthrow-Hedgehog Torture-15%-No, this is not animal cruelty, unless you're fighting fox or related characters. Hibari laughs at the start, holding the foe in his grip for a second longer. This means that they can break out of this move, so be careful! Anyway, after the laugh, he slams his opponent into the ground and takes out a box weapon. If you haven't guessed yet, it's his hedgehog, which he thrusts into his opponent's abdominal region. Yeah, ouch, big time. Unfortunately, this is completely un-spammable, as it always sends them a set distance upward, and very quickly, before the lag even ends. Also, it is his most powerful throw, but it can be broken out of, just like the normal grab. But the evil laugh alone is worth it.

Final Smash: Needle Sphere Form; Reversed!

Hibari calls upon his "world", which is a space free of interference. He is very confident in his physical abilities, you see. Well, essentially, the move summons an expanding sphere resembling a huge version of one of his Down B spheres, but it has no spikes! What? Nope, it is solely to trap his enemies inside. The sphere extends quickly, and is about 2.5-3 times the size of Negative Zone. It repels all items and such, and keeps enemies inside with a simple function: the needles are on the inside! Nobody can escape the sphere once they're caught, and it restricts all enemies moves, except for their A/AA/AAA combo and aerials, although those are weakened. Hibari, however, keeps all of his moves, and his physical ones do more knockback, leading to the true awesomeness of this technique: the spikes. They inflict 15% damage and okay knockback to whoever touches them, including Hibari, giving the opponent a chance at least. Once it has extended fully, anyone who touches the outside will receive 20% damage and knockback. This encourages use on small or confined stages. The sphere last for 35 seconds total, and takes 2 seconds to fully extend.

Play Style: Ruthless Tonfa

Hibari is not a camper, not at all. He's meant to be aggressive, and he's very good at it. Really, you should limit yourself to aggressive styles, which does include hit-and-run, if you're into that kind of thing. Hibari has good KO moves for a reason-they're meant to be used, not forgotten in a camping frenzy(okay, frenzy isn't a good word for camping, but you know what I mean) His specials aren't recommended as finishing moves, rather as a means to set up for finishing moves, or just to rack up damage. Anyway, you could camp, but he doesn't have any projectiles, unless you count the Box Beam, but it goes straight down, so yeah.

Taunts

Up Taunt-Hibird's Chirping-Hibari holds out his arm, and Hibird flies up and lands on it. Hibird chirps for a little, and then just goes back into Hibari's coat.

Side Taunt-Hedgehog Daze-Hibari's trademark 'hog comes out to play. It just circles Hibari for a second or so, with Hibari's head following its movement, then it is summoned back into its box.

Down Taunt-Hibari points forward with his tonfa and says "You're no match for me." Then he lowers his tonfa and the taunt ends.

Win Poses

Win 1-Animals Galore-Hibird flies around Hibari's head, and the hedgehog just walks around randomly. The movements are erratic and completely random, so the pose will never be the same.

Win 2-I'll Bite You To Death!- Um, Hibari says "I'll bite you to death!" and snarls, holding his tonfa up in an intimidating manner.

Win 3-Gokudera's Bombs- Hibari reaches to take out a box weapon, but instead pulls out Hayato Gokudera's(another main character) dynamite. He exclaims "What the h-and then the dynamite blows up. Maniacal laughter can be heard in the background.

Lose-This Can't Be Happening!-Hibari's "friends" appear in the background and keep saying stuff like "I thought he was invincible" or "What! How'd he lose!" or even "Great. Now we're screwed."

Kirby Hat-Kirby adorns Hibari's cape, and he'll pull out a set of miniature tonfa for the Tornado. His goes slightly slower and deals less damage than Hibari's, not being accustomed to tonfa.

Assist Trophy-Gokudera
Hayato Gokudera emerges, and proceeds to throw dynamite in random directions for a few seconds. Then he disappears, and the dynamite explodes. The explosion does deal good damage, but the knockack is more like a Smart Bomb than a Bob-omb.

Once again, I'd like to stress that it is not my fault that I was gone so long, but meh. Also, I can't believe there's a hundred more pages than when I left... oh well. Tell me what you think. I personally believe he's a little better than Piccolo was.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

I'm back... ?

Well anyway, once I've got my bearings, I'll try to play catch up with this thread. And then I can make good on all those commitments I remember making.

Welcome back Junahu! :bee:

I've missed you and wondered where you have been.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Hi Junahu.

Quite a few people, me included, have been gone for a while.

Welcome back.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
@Galaxy Man: Yay! The style was excellent, and I love the gravitation mechanic. And so begins a Robot Master takeover!!
(By which I mean that I plan to have Gemini Man finished within a few days, hopefully sooner!)
Thanks, Kibble! And yes, the time is ripe for the TAKEOVER!

... Honestly... I... expected kinda more. It felt really odd to read that. It felt more like an instruction book than a moveset. Not to mention that you did the header crap YET AGAIN. I'm slightly disappointed, even, to be quite honest, Rool. =/
The moveset itself is okay, but I wasn't able to read through it completely because I already was tired of reading through that style of writing.
Hmmm. Interesting perspective. I appreciate your honesty and input as always, Spade. And this was a one-time thing anyway, so...

I'm back... ?

I noticed! Great to have you back, Junahu. You missed a LOT, you know. Including the creation of an MYM chat and an MYM Wiki. :bee:

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion

Every contest, you also made yourself as a self-insertion (MYM2 original, MYM3 remade, MYM4 in Sandbags). Can't wait to see the MYM5 version of Chris Lionheart. =P

Also, that's a pretty nice moveset - so you did that stuff with dropping the throws for the animal control. Uh huh. I'm not finished yet, but from what I've seen so far, it's pretty good.
I don't think there will be a Chris Lionheart next contest...
And there will be a reason for it.
It was really kind of unintentional in this contest... being a Sandbag, there wasn't much choice.

In fact, I probably won't even be making anything from that OC universe in the next contest... maybe not even any OC's...

You lot who haven't played Guild Wars are missing out lol.

Smady

Smash Master
I'm glad you went with Pyre. He looks very decent, although I've only skimmed him. I will definitely read it all later.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910

I'm back... ?

Welcome back Junahu, wow, this has been a good day for MYM, 2 people returned, 5 moveset posted. Funny thing is, is that I was thinking where you went a few moments a go.

Oh yeah, just remembered, you've appeared in Tolerance at the limit (in my sig and MYM social group), you're ITs boyfriend who hates... me!

SparkZ

Smash Cadet
Chemistry Man's tilt attacks!

Up Tilt. Bunsen Burner. 10% for flame, 3% for burner. 90 degree knockback for flame, 15 degree knockback for burner. Flame kills at 168%, burner can’t kill. Small range for burner, medium range for flame. Little lag to start, little lag for flame to come out, medium lag as he puts it away.

CM quickly whips a Bunsen burner out of his coat, places it on the ground, and then lights it. You can hold A to extend the time the flame is out to about 2 seconds. The flame reaches a decent distance upwards, and causes the opponent to have fire knockback. When you use it, he says "Remember kids, fire is dangerous!"

Uses: Using this as an attack against an opponent next to you is pointless, as the initial hit knocks opponents away from the second hit. Rather, this is better when used against an opponent falling toward you, as the flame is a disjointed hitbox. It is great for protecting above you if your opponent isn’t positioned directly above you, but as it is slightly in front of you, it won’t help against an enemy using stall-then-falls directly above you. If they do something to stall above you, like Ivysaur’s Dair, then extend the flame to hit them. However, overall, you won’t be using this much. The more common use for it is to start most chemical reactions. Almost all reactive elements will either explode or flare up with fire, so it is an important starter to the container bomb or much smaller little traps that you may have set on the stage. Coughcoughmagnesiumcoughcough.

Forward tilt. Wild Waters. 5% for water. 0 degree knockback. Can’t kill. Projectile. Little lag starting and medium lag ending.

CM takes a pail of water, winds up, and sloshes the water out onto the opponent. It can be aimed somewhat like snake’s grenades. Upward, normal, and far. Where it hits, there is a slippery spot of increased tripping for 15 seconds. This attack also may trip the opponent. When it connects, he says "Good thing you didn’t have your cell phone on you!" It also has slightly less range than the grenades.

Uses: Despite the low damage, this is one of his more useful tilts. It is a nice attack to keep opponents at bay, and you can also control the stage somewhat by sloshing water everywhere for increased tripping. It can also hit opponents in the air, which is a plus. Overall, this is a useful tilt, and should be used as your main projectile to keep foes at bay. The uranium gun is also good, but it isn’t as speedy and versatile, hindering it’s usefulness. As far as chemical reactions go, it isn’t nearly as widely used as fire, but it has it’s uses for some of the more spectacular ones. It is mostly used for sodium, fluorine, and magnesium(when it is on fire).

Down Tilt: Shocking Stick. 3% for shock, 6% for swing. Stun for shock, 40 degree knockback for swing. Kills at 151%. Medium range. Some lag starting and little ending.

CM takes out a cattle prod sort of thing, which looks like a tuning fork with a very long handle and an arc of electricity between the tines, and zaps the foe with it. It stuns like Zamus’s paralyzer. Then he winds up like he was holding a home-run bat and delivers a not-so-mighty swing, sending them away. When you connect with it, he says "That looks like it hurt!"

Uses: This is a good move for interrupting enemies, what with the stun and all. It also has decent range, making it a good poking move. Apart from those uses, it is not a widely used move. It is easily overshadowed by Wild Waters, but it still has uses for certain reactions. The most notable are Hydrogen, Fluorine, and some other generally unreactive metals like Silicon and Gold. For the metals, instead of making them explode, they just get an electrical charge which makes them quite unpleasant to step on.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
@Blipper: Excellent job for a newcomer, especially for one making a moveset for a character that does little more than swim left and right...looks great though!

@Galaxy Man: I have no idea why...but for some reason I couldn't really tell WHERE the moveset was...I mean, the presentation was certainly one of a kind but it was kind of confusing to read at the same time...regardless of how it was somewhat difficult to read, it was also fun to read, so good job K.Rool.

@Pyre: Well you certainly lived up to the hype you were giving it : P The traps look like an interesting feature and I do like how you added such variety too it, I think this may be one of your top sets behind the Sandbags of course.

@Hibari: It looked pretty good to me honestly and I think the only reason it's being overlooked is because it's on the last post of a page AND it's behind both Pyre and Galaxy Man. The one suggestion I'd make is changing the colors, it's kind of difficult to read a chunk of text when it's entirely in dark colors that blend in with the background. Besides that, it seems like you did a great job of capturing the character even though I've never actually seen the series. You're deffinately improving though, great job ^_^

@Chemistry Man: I hated Chem class...*shudders*

@Anyone Who Cares: I've also added a new set idea that'll probably just be a simple one, Scarfy, that demonic little orange blob from the Kirby games (Yes, it's a requirement for me to do at least one Kirby set : P)

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@Anyone Who Cares: I've also added a new set idea that'll probably just be a simple one, Scarfy, that demonic little orange blob from the Kirby games (Yes, it's a requirement for me to do at least one Kirby set : P)
Ah, this thing?

Good luck!

@Chemistry Man: You should just wait and post the whole moveset when it's ready instead of posting every single move as a preview....

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, MarthTrinity and Kholdstare! And yeah, the colors are a bit much, I think I'll change 'em soon... Also, I didn't really notice the placement, it took me a while to write all that, and I didn't see any of the other posts...
Sparkz: Chemistry Man looks pretty good from here, although I'd probably get really mad and annoyed at the constant, incessant talking...which means it may be a good mindgame..if not, then at least you can hear corny sentences.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Chemistry Man's looking like he's gonna be tons of fun. I wanna know more about this reactions mechanic! Reminds me of Kawasaki, sort of. Very cool, anyway.

SparkZ

Smash Cadet
Because you asked, K Rool, here are his special mechanics. One is that he actually obeys the laws of physics, which means that he doesn't have a midair jump. He has to use the Dair to jump upward. The other one is the chemical reactions, which work like this. When you use an element move, the element remains onstage, and you can use one of the tilts to start a reaction. There are MANY different combinations, and you can use those to hurt the foe. To prevent this from being unbalenced, you actually have to aquire a lot of stuff in one place to make a truly lethal trap, the more useful ones are actually grab attacks, which are tricky to use a lot, and the reactions can hurt yourself. Overall, it lets you create a completely improvised trap, and is very fun to use. Some possible reactions include: exploding, fire, toxic gas, acid, and other goodies. The other use of the reactions is in the Crate Bomb, which is somewhat similar to Kawasaki's, but also very different. Finally, some characters can have unique reactions with this stuff. Mario Fireball + Wild Waters = Cloud of steam. Wario's Fart + Bunsen Burner = :laugh:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Wow, sounds like an incredibly intricate and unique character; seems like you'd either have to be really dedicated or have a good knowledge of chemistry to properly use him. I'm really looking forward to it!

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Oh god...Wario Man fart lit on fire... Run for your lives!!!
On a more serious note, I'm really thinking I should have placed Hibari in a more suitable location, like not right after Pyre, which was very good, mind you. Galaxy Man was great, but it seems like it'd take a while to adjust back and forth from his playstyle to anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom