• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Okay, can someone give the url of the chat. I know it's been posted before but I really don't feel like sifting through 622 pages for it.
And if anyone knew who I was/ I had more posts I could be a Smash Debater too, but I think I'll wait till I graduate high school before I start crushing people's hopes, wills, dreams, and such. Plus I don't want erectile dysfunction this early in life...

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
You wouldn't have erectile dysfunction if you were a Master (Smash) Debater.

Tired old puns aside, I heard some talk about a Robot Master takeover. I'd like to post mine around the time anyone else posts a Robot Master so it feels more takeoverlike so I just need to know if any potential Robot Master movesets are nearly complete so I can get off my butt and get started on Top Man (argh at obligatory sprite finding)

SirKibble

Smash Champion
We'll just move along, no use arguing over stuff that shouldn't be a big deal in the first place.
Indeed.

Okay, can someone give the url of the chat. I know it's been posted before but I really don't feel like sifting through 622 pages for it.
You can find the URL through our Social Group, which, I ought to bring up, is something that any of you who haven't should look into. Just sift through for The Official Make Your Move Group.

EDIT: Alternately, you could wait for me to find you the link to it (which I only do because I'm such a terribly nice person).

Tired old puns aside, I heard some talk about a Robot Master takeover. I'd like to post mine around the time anyone else posts a Robot Master so it feels more takeoverlike so I just need to know if any potential Robot Master movesets are nearly complete so I can get off my butt and get started on Top Man
Gemini Man will be completed shortly. Get crackin' on that sucker! :grin:

(argh at obligatory sprite finding)
You mean sprites like you might find HERE?

Smady

Smash Master
Megaman sprites are really basic... you'd only be able to use them practically for banners in presenting a moveset, unless you were good at spriting (a title that few hold *cough* *cough*).

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Thank you SirKibble, unfortunately my Brawl is all scratched up, and not working properly, so it may be awhile before I can join the chat room... Oh, and the sprite link is dead... Another Oh, I'm starting Kakashi now... I'll have to make sure he's not like Sasuke, though.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
Okay, was that ****** thing a Windwaker comment?
Oh, wyvern, if there are three, and you use that attack with all of the ones that get picked having to cool down, what exactly happens? Does the move cancel? are you stuck there for 10 seconds? Or does your mind implode from too much mindgamez?

^What the **** was that!?!

well, there is a cursor that you pick one with. the three are the ones that you have a choice from, randomized out of the intire bunch.

Baloo

Smash Ace
So, hi Khold. I'm guessing you're reading this, right? Here is where I will work on the Helpers. So, check back here once in a while, I'll probably edit this a few times a day with new moves.

Special Mechanic - So, I think it should be something about electricity. But that's up to you, what do you think Kholdstare?

Special Mechanic - ?

Dokutayuu

Smash Apprentice
Dokutayuu comes back with a second moveset. Let's hope I've learned to be less generic

Link ... rejoins the Brawl? No, wait! It's another one, hurrah! It's not a clone, promise!

So... OoT (Ocarina of Time) Link joins the brawl!

Background: As many people know, there have been multiple Links in Hyrule's history. However, this one's canonically the first. As a young boy, Link drew the Master Sword to stop Ganondorf from taking over Hyrule. As usual, something goes wrong and Link finds himself 7 years older and Hyrule in ruins. Will this Link's retro powers save him from SSB? Or will he be too outdated to stand up to likes of Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff?

General Statistics
Size: This Link was pretty short, even compared to Zelda. This makes him slightly shorter than Sheik.
Weight: He's not very heavy himself but his his equipment is making him slightly lighter than Wolf.
Walk Speed: 4/10 Link could never walk very fast.
Dash Speed: 7/10 Faster than Mario/Luigi/Kirby etc. but slower than the faster members of the cast.
1st jump: 5/10 Not very high but is reasonably quick.
2nd jump: 6/10 Slightly higher as is also fairly quick.
Fall Speed: 6/10 not Fox-like at all but by no means floaty.
Air Speed: 7/10 fairy nimble... note, this is only horizontal speed.

Traits

Like the Links before (after?) him, OoT Link's shield blocks projectiles when he is stationary, crouching, as an added bonus it works whilst he walks (not dashes). However, this is limited to certain projectiles. Any attack which causes an explosion (eg Lucas's PK Fire, Snake's missiles) or anything too large to block (D3's henchmen toss, Din's fire and flame-thrower, but fireflower is fine) will not be blocked at all). He is also vulnerable whilst he attacks.

OoT Link has a down B system which allows him to access various items. For some of these items, Link requires his other hand so his shield is replaced on his back. This does not protect his back and he is vulnerable like other characters.

Z-targeting, when Link is holding a projectile, holding Z will cause Link to aim at the enemy he is facing (if they're within range). However, Link stops aiming at them after he fires meaning it is possible to miss.

OoT Link is unable to wall jump, crawl or glide.

Standard attacks

Neutral A: Horizontal Sword Slice.
OoT Link swings his sword from his right to his left. Little knockback, quick with a little starting lag. Link also yells whilst using this attack 3%

Neutral A x2: Vertical Sword Slice.
OoT Link does the same from top to bottom. Even less knockback, slightly slower with more ending lag. Another yell. 4%

Neutral x3 Diagonal Sword Slice
A diagonal sword slice from top right to bottom left. This is the slowest of the 3 hits and has a little more knockback but a fair amount of ending lag. Another yell (as in OoT, Link's 3 part combo). 5%

F-tilt: Stab forward

He stabs forward quickly causing purely horizontal knockback. This attack is strongest earlier on in the attack. Slight amount of ending lag. 9-11% (dependent on when in the attack the enemy is hit.

D-tilt: Shielded stab

OoT Link crouches with behind his shield and stabs forward quickly. This attack is not as powerful as the f-tilt but Link's shield is in effect during this attack. 7%

U-tilt: Deku Stick

OoT uses his shield arm to thrust a Deku stick upwards and will put it away when the up button is released. This has great range (due to the length of Deku sticks). However, the stick will break if it is attacked by an enemy and OoT Link will use his sword(less range and power) until it becomes usable in 20 seconds. 10% (initial), 7% (if a falling enemy lands on it from falling), 7% (if sword is used).

Smashes

F-smash: Leaping Attack

OoT Link lowers his sword and holds it with both hands whilst charging. The actual attack starts by OoT Link leaping forward in an arc swinging his sword down. For a video of the attack http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=x83jGuLnLcM&feature=related (around 0:55). Due to physics, this attack is stronger if Link his his target later in the attack. Great knockback but horrible ending lag.

16-21% to 18-24% dependent on how early on the enemy is hit.

D-smash: Megaton Hammer

OoT pulls the Megaton hammer out and puts his sword away. He holds it above his head whilst charging and slams it down slowly when released. When it hits the ground it creates an effect like DK's down B (but only for an instant). It is possible to be hit by the hammer on the way down. Up until the hammer is parallel to the ground Link has super-armour, after that though there is horrible ending lag (similar to a failed Link dair). Hammer sends the enemy downwards but can cause them to be sent upwards if they hit the ground. The shockwave sends enemies outwards.

20-26% (Hammer) 5% (shockwave)

U-smash: Din's Fire

No, I haven't gone mad! Link puts his equipment away and looks like he's about to pitch a baseball. When released he seemingly tosses nothing at the floor in front of him when a ring of fire spreads out from him. The ring is about as tall as he is and sends opponents upwards. The attack is stronger earlier in the attack. No ending lag.

10-16% to 12-18% dependent on distance.

Specials

Neutral B: Fairy Bow

This is perhaps the only attack which remains similar. Link puts his equipment away and draws his bow. There is no charging for this attack and the arrows fly straight rather than curved. This attack is Z-targetable. It is also possible to create a fire arrow by either 1) firing through a fire source (e/g Bowser's flames, Fire Fox/Falco or past a torch) or 2) Having the lantern out (see down B). It causes flinching but has no knockback.

6% (normal arrow) 8% (fire arrow), 15% against Ivysaur, 5% against Squirtle, Boswer and Charizard.

Side B: Hookshot

This has very little to do with grabs. Pressing and holding B causes the hookshot to extend (about 4 times as long as Samus's beam grapple). When it comes into contact with a player lighter than OoT Link it drags them back to OoT Link (the same applies to items lighter than him). It causes a small amount of damage but can be broken out of much like a grab. If it comes into contact with a heavy character/item or a wall, OoT Link is pulled towards it quickly. Again, a heavy character can break out of it. It flies straight and will retract if B is released, another attack is done or if it doesn't hit a target. A player can be punished horribly as they are defenceless whilst it is retracting. This attack can also be used as a tether recovery.

2% (if hits another player)

Up B: Cuccoo

Link pulls a cuccoo out and holds it above his head whilst it flaps frantically. This is similar to Pit's recovery but lasts ½ of the time and is slower. OoT Link does not become helpless afterwards. If he is attacked whilst flying, he loses his grip and falls, he is unable to use it again until he lands. Cuccoos are randomly white, black or brown.

No damage.

Down B: Inventory

This is a system which allows OoT Link to access items which aren't attacks by their selves.
To activate, down B is pressed and then another button is pressed to choose an item. Only one item may be out at one time so choosing a new one will put the old one away. There is a slight delay in choosing an item, if the player does not input anything after 5 seconds, the attack is cancelled. Meanwhile Link has an idle animation.

A: Shield – puts away any items out, allows OoT Link to use his shield.

B: Lantern – OoT pulls out a green lantern (no pun intended) and places it on his belt. This creates a light and means all arrows fired are fire arrows. It is extinguished if OoT Link falls in to water or is attacked with a water based move and must be put away to be used again.

Side B: Biggoron Sword – OoT Link puts his shield away and sheaths the Master Sword to pull out the Biggoron Sword (a huge two handed sword). With this sword out, all sword based moves do 1.3 times the damage but OoT Link is slower in attacking and movement, heavier and cannot jump as high. Attacks also have a little more range. Cuccoo is also less effective.

Down B: Iron Boots: OoT Link jumps and puts on iron boots. This makes his jumping awful, makes him unable to swim, slower in movement and if Cuccoo is used, he will fall comically. He also becomes 1.5 times heavier and falls faster which means he is harder to knock off the stage and throwing him futile.

Aerials

Uair: Vertical Swipe

OoT Link swipes quickly with his sword. Little damage or knockback but scarily fast with high priority.

4%

Nair: Spin Attack

OoT Link spins around once in the air with his sword extended. This does not give him any height boost but has decent horizontal knockback. 7%

Fair: Hilt Smash.

OoT Link seems to start a spin attack but hits downwards with the hilt of his sword. Great downwards knockback but awful range. 8%

Dair: Downwards Kick

He points his left foot downwards as he falls. This has a sort of Fire-fox effect where it can hit the enemy multiple times. Far more powerful with the Iron Boots. Poor knockback
1% per hit (5 hits), 4% per hit (4 hits with Iron boots)

Bair: Backflip slice

Link flips 360 degrees backwards and slashes whilst he does it. Sends enemies in the direction of the attack. Quick with a fair amount of ending lag. It is possible that Link will land before he finishes the attack. This will cause him to land badly and he will need to get up. 9%

Throws+Misc Attacks

Grab: Non-tether, OoT Link grabs with his right hand.
Pummel: OoT Link knees the enemy in the stomach , 2% fairly slow
U-throw: Uses Din's Fire (but quickly) to send them upwards, 5%
F-Throw: Tosses them forwards and fires an arrow (possibly a fire arrow) at them, 2% throw, 4-6% arrow
B-throw: Tosses them backwards as TP Link does do goats, slowest throw. 9%
D-throw: Kicks them forwards along the ground, quickest throw. 5%

Dash Attack: Shield Bash/Shoulder Barge

OoT Link hits the enemy over the head with his shield sending them down and away from him. If his shield is not present, he weakly shoulder barges them forwards.
7% shield, 5% shoulder

Ledge attack: OoT Link swipes his sword along the ground before getting up, 6%.

Final Smash

Epona's Song: OoT Link pulls out his Ocarina and plays Epona's song. After a neigh, Epona arrives on screen and he gets on. Until Epona suffers 80% damage, the two are controllable across the stage , pressing B will fire an auto targeted arrow from horseback. When Epona takes 80% damage, Link is thrown off and she gallops away.

15% per hit with Epona, 5% per arrow.

Taunts, poses and costumes

Up taunt: OoT Link pulls out the lens of truth. He looks forwards through it. If he sees a male human character he puts it away quickly and looks disgusted. If a female human character is in front of him, he blushes and puts it away hastily.
Down taunt: OoT Link holds his hands above his head with a Heart Container/Triforce/Big Key and the Zelda Item sound plays.
Side Taunt: He puts away his weaponry, does a backflip and pulls them out again.

Victory Theme: Song of Time
Victory Pose 1: The Master Sword is impales in the ground, he draws it and looks content.
Victory Pose 2: OoT Link plays the Ocarina to his victory theme.
Victory Pose 3: He looks from side to side and suddenly looks shy.
Losing Pose: He looks up slightly sad but claps.

Alt costumes:
Normal (Green Team)
TP Zora Armour (Blue)
Red Tunic with Mirror Shield (Redm shield has no bonus)
CD-I Link
Dark Link (minus the red eyes)
Fierce Deity Link

Codec Converation
Snake: What! Another Link? You weren't kidding when
you said there are loads of them...
Colonel: Be careful Snake, just because he looks like another
fighter doesn't mean he's the same as them.
Snake: As long as he doesn't have a Landmaster, I'm fine.

Symbol: Ocarina

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
NERD ALERT!

I'm pretty sure Minish Cap's Link is the first Link, chronologically. Also wasn't Ocarina of Time Link...just the Link from Melee?

Anyways, the actual moveset was fairly interesting, if a bit visually bland. Some lengthier descriptions for the normal attacks would help too, but man is it tough to read an all-white moveset like this. Gotta' love that DOUBLE DAMAGE JUMP ATTACK, though.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I just noticed that an Up Aerial is missing on that Link moveset.

Also, Aeon is coming along extremely well. I might be able to finish him up today and post him.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@Ocarina Link: Good job! Just a thing, though: Bolding the attack names will make your moveset easier to read. Also, perhaps it's just me, but it'd be a lot more interesting to look at if maybe you threw in some color (maybe just for attack names, the titles of different sections, etc.) or maybe even add a few small pictures when describing something like Cuccos or the Megaton Hammer.

Also, for Inventory, how long do you have to press another button after Down-B to take out an item, and what is Link doing while you use this move? I just wasn't clear on that.

Otherwise, great job!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Megaman sprites are really basic... you'd only be able to use them practically for banners in presenting a moveset, unless you were good at spriting (a title that few hold *cough* *cough*).
Well, Peli said he'd be looking for them, so I snagged that link. I know I'm not planning on using any.

Thank you SirKibble, unfortunately my Brawl is all scratched up, and not working properly, so it may be awhile before I can join the chat room...
Yeah, you don't have to have your FC up there to join the chat. Just slap the URL to the chat in your browser, and you're good to go. No prerequisites!

Oh, and the sprite link is dead...
Seriously?! It still works fine for me. :confused:

Also wasn't Ocarina of Time Link...just the Link from Melee?
That's what I thought.

But about the actual moveset, I really don't know if I can dig through much of that without a better organizational style. Really try to make the section headers stick out more, and think about bolding the attack names and such as well.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
lol EPWNA. Yeah, that moveset was pretty nice. Was OoT the game where you could use Bombchus? I thought those were pretty neat.

Has there been any GOOD multi-racial-mask Link (Deku, Zora, and Goron from Majora's Mask) movesets?

Wait, I'm getting ahead of myself. One moveset at a time....

Sometimes I think I just go with the flow, and then I end up with New Goblin, which is totally uncalled for.

Baloo

Smash Ace
OK, so here is a little purple toad thing:

He has aquatic attacks.

What do y'all think?

You're gonna have to be a little more specific.
He has attacks under water. he can make water appear, and then he needs to use his aquatic attacks to keep the opponent underwater for ten seconds, which does forty damage and is his only good kill move.

And nice moveset Dokutayuu.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

AEON
Guardian of Time

"Right on time..."

Index - [00-INDX]
Overview - [01-OVRV]
Stats - [02-STTS]
Standard Attacks - [03-STND]
Smash Attacks - [04-SMSH]
Aerial Attacks - [05-AERL]
Special Attacks - [06-SPCL]
Grabs and Throws - [07-THRW]
Final Smash - [08-FISM]
Taunts - [09-TANT]
Extras - [10-EXTS]
Trophies - [11-TRPH]

[01-OVRV]​

Aeon is one of the main characters in Castlevania Judgment, a fighter spin-off of the famous series from Konami. As the Time Rift is created by the Time Reaper, a creature tying to destroy the flow of time, Aeon, the Guardian of Time, steps in, using his own powers to control time and space to get the strongest fighters in history together, people like Simon Belmont, Lord Dracula or Maria Renard. Eventually, the Time Reaper is defeated and the rift in time is closed. Aeon is, himself, playable in the game as well. He wields a giant clock, which has hands that can alter size and shape. Not to mention the tool can emit energy blasts.

Aeon's moveset will be using this information, making him a fighter being average or below average on most fields, but excelling in insane range and very unique Special Attacks.

[02-STTS]​

Screen Name: Aeon
Size: 6/10
Weight: 5/10
(Running) Speed: 5/10 - Aeon doesn't run extremely fast, but neither insanely slow
First Jump: 5/10 - Aeon jumps up elegantly
Second Jump: 4/10 - Doing a little pirouette-like move, he proceeds to go higher
Hover: No.
Fall Speed: 6/10
Crouch: Yes.
Crawl: No.
Wall Jump: No.
Wall Cling: No.
Gliding: No.

[03-STND]​

Jab Combo:

Bee Swarm
Aeon holds his clock weapon in front of him, and one of the hands shoots out to stab the enemy for 2% damage and flinching knockback. If you hold the A button, he will continue letting out the blades, resulting in the two hands comboing into an infinite hit combo with 1% damage each. The range is average, the speed is very good, and it has almost no startup or ending lag.

Dash Attack:

Clock Hook

When using this attack, an arm jets out of the clockblade. Aeon throws the whole weapon forward, holding it with the chain attached to it. This move has incredible range, but incredibly bad startup and even worse ending lag. However, the payment is after all 9-11% damage and good knockback, so... it might be worth a try?

Forward Tilt:

Rapier Jab
Aeon swings his clocksword forward, with a hand shooting out. It looks like he would stab with a (big) rapier - hence the name. This attack comes out insanely quick, but has some ending lag. The range is okay (Link's sword has about the same range), the knockback below average and the damage 7-10%. Overall, a good attack to include into your spacing game, isn't it?

Up Tilt

Gear Sword
This attack has the two blades of Aeon's clocksword rotating while the fighter himself holds up the weapon. This results in a continous-hit attack with a total of 4 hits. It has incredible range, covering the space above Aeon and that reaching to his shoulders - all in one! Every hit does 4% damage and low knockback straight upwards, so you can only land continous hits if the enemy has low damage. Since the move is punishable with attacking Aeon below his hitbox and since it's rather laggy on both ends, it makes it a two-edged blade. It, however, is great for setting up juggles.

Down Tilt:

Diagonal Stab
A blade shoots out diagonally upward and front of Aeon as he is crouching. This attack comes out quickly, but has some ending lag (the blade retreating slowly). The range is rather good for a tilt, and it does 6-8% damage with below average knockback.

[04-SMSH]​

Forward Smash:

Falling Blade
Aeon holds the clockblade in front of him, one blade coming out and slashing downwards, then retreating again. This attack comes out with below average lag and has the same amount of ending lag, making it a fast attack with good range. It does 16-19% damage and above average knockback, making it a good attack for racking up damage.

Up Smash:

Scissor Slash
The clocksword above his head, Aeon calls forth both arms. The blades first have a V-shape but then slide upwards, clashing into each other. This all happens very fast. The move itself comes out very quick and has good range - Marth's Up Smash has the same length, just this attack covers more space. Although only dealing 13-16% damage, it does good diagonally upwards directed knockback, making it one of Aeon's good finishers. The setback is that it is very laggy at the end, with the blades separating again and then retreating.

Down Smash:

V Blade
Aeon holds down his clockblade, charging the move. When released, the two hands shoot out diagonally upwards (V-shaped, hence the name), and then retreat back into the body. This attacks comes out very quick, but has average ending lag. The damage is 12-14% and it has above average knockback, making it a good attack overall, but a bad finisher. The range is average on both sides of Aeon, covering both of his sides.

[05-AERL]​

Neutral Air:

Ring Slash
Spinning around himself while leaning forward a bit, Aeon swings his clocksword with him. This move has low range (similar to Peach's Neutral Air), however, if used correctly, turns out into a Meteor Smash. The normal hit does 5-8% damage and low knockback. However, if the enemy is touched by Aeon's hand, they will be meteored downwards (of course) and recieve 12-15% damage. Low lag on both ends.

Forward Air:

Sword Swing
This is a rather simple move. Using the clockblade like a sword, Aeon swings it in front of him. This move has average range and lag on both ends, making it a rather valuable aerial. It does 10-12% damage and above average knockback, making it a good move for finishing on higher percentages.

Back Air:

Bladed Whip
Aeon, holding the clocksword on its chain, swings the weapon backward, a blade slightly coming out to slash opponents. This move has insane startup lag (for an Aerial, at least), and long ending lag, too. However, the range is incredible, covering one of Battlefield's smaller platforms completely. The power isn't too shabby either, dealing good knockback and 13-16% damage. This move is insanely hard to hit with as it is so slow and predictable, but if it hits, it hits very very hard, and is Aeon's best finisher.

Up Air:

Right Angle
Aeon raises up his clocksword. A blade shoots out in the direction he was facing and then swings into a vertical position. This move comes out very quick but has average ending lag - even then it has great range, covering one side to above Aeon completely. The knockback is almost straight upwards and above average, the attack itself does 6-9% damage. Very good move and great for juggling.

Down Air:

Air Gear
This attack is similar to the Gear Sword, as it uses the clocksword in the same way - the arms rotating around the body. Aeon swings his weapon downwards, and behind him, knocking his enemies to his back with average knockback and 7-10% damage. The attack comes out fairly quick but moves rather slow, so it probably is better used as a defensive move. The ending lag is average.

[06 - SPCL]​

Neutral Special:

Dimensional Ray
This attack is chargeable, but not storeable. Aeon holds his clockblade in front of him, which starts to glow blue. The wider it charges, the more it shakes and the stronger it shines. When the button is released, the clock face sends out a blue energy beam. It goes as quick as Falco's laser, and has the thickness of Wolf's Blaster. The length is determined by the length of charging. From Fox' laser (minimal) to infinite range longing a second (maximum). Also, the damage and knockback are calculated the same way. 5% damage and no knockback is the minimum. The further the beam is charged, the higher are both values, making a maximum of 20% damage and below average knockback. Of course, there's a drawback. As said, the move is not able to be stored, resulting in Aeon having to use it to do something else. Not only the charging takes long, as well, but also the ending lag is longer the further the beam is charged. The smallest is Wolf's Blaster in both startup and ending lag, however, the longest ending lag can take up to the time a Warlock Punch takes to unleash at the fully charged version. And, as if that wasn't enough - completely charging it will result in Aeon recieving 10% damage and low knockback on himself, as the clockblade almost explodes.

Side Special:

Gear Blade
Aeon throws out a gear. It has the size of Toon Link's boomerang. If you just press Side B, it will fly slowly (Luigi's Fireball is a speedster in comparison) forward until it hits an obstacle or leaves the field. However, you can change the angle! If Aeon throws the blade and you tilt the Control Stick up, diagonally up, diagonally down, or down, the blade will first move a Smashville platform horizontally and then apruptly take the angle you aimed into. This makes the Gear Blade a very versatile and unpredictable projectile. If someone gets hit, they recieve 8% damage and be stunned for a second.

Up Special:

Rewind
This attack is very unique. It does not do any knockback or damage, making it only useful for recovery and mindgame purposes. What it does is... rewind Aeon's movement of the last 3 seconds. In fast motion. Now, this sounds incredibly broken, I know, as you can make it like he never left the stage. But there is one major drawback. After you used this move, Aeon will not only enter freefall, but you also cannot use this attack unless you were a whole of 20 seconds on a platform again - or lost a stock.

Down Special:

Time Control
This move is similar to Rewind as it does no damage or knockback. Aeon gets out his watch, and points forward with it. Then a transparent clock appears flashing over the screen - a similar effect like the Shadow the Hedgehog Assist Trophy's Chaos Control. If the Time Control is used, the effect of the Timer item or Shadow starts. It will slow down the movement of every character on the field, excluding Aeon.You can use this move for a total of 10 seconds, constantly recieving 10% damage for each second you use it. After stopping, the move has to cool down for about 30 seconds before you can use it again. Use this attack wisely, as it is one of Aeon's most vital yet dangerous moves.

[07 - THRW]​

Aeon simply grabs forward with his arm. Not very spectacular, I know. He has okay range and is fairly quick with this.

Pummel
Aeon gets out a white glove (although he wears black ones normally, eh?), and slaps them into the throwee's face, causing 2% damage with each hit. The attack is averagely slow for a Pummel.

Forward Throw
Without sending out the arms, Aeon slams the body of his clockblade into the foe, knocking them away with good range and 7-9% damage. Quick throw, as well.

Back Throw
Holding the clocksword in front of his victim, Aeon lets a blade jet out, stab into the throwee and use the gears inside to throw him into his back. This slams the victim onto the ground and then catapults them further. All in all, the move has an okay range and deals 8-10% damage.

Up Throw
Aeon lifts his enemy upwards while saying "And then...". He throws them up with a little distance and raises his clock weapon, causing the two arms to shoot out and run together like in the Up Smash. When they hit the victim, Aeon yells "Take this!". This lifts the enemy diagonally upwards, dealing 9-11% damage with nice range.

Down Throw
Aeon simply slams the enemy into the ground, which will cause the throwee to slide a bit away from him (disabling Chaingrabbing). Quick throw, mainly for damage dealing, as it does 10-13% damage and has overall low range.

[08 - FISM]​

Lament of the 13th Hour

Actual move seen in this video

This attack is one of those cinematic Final Smashes. It can only hit one enemy. The attack is similar to Final Smashes like Great Aether or Triforce Slash, as the enemy has to be in a certain range for it to work. When using the Smash Ball, Aeon will send out a small static ray, just as big as Fox' Blaster Shot, from his clockweapon, while saying "Heed me, time!". If there's noone in range, the light ray disappears. If there is someone in range, though, the cinematic begins with Aeon shouting "Stop!". A small ritual circle appars below the victim surrounded by shards of glass, and the time, indeed, stops, putting the two into a sort of different dimension. We can see Aeon approaching his victim, the glass shards breaking at his body. He states "This will take just one minute.". When he has reached his victim, he says a line, different for every character. Standing next to them, he does a little turnaround, and we can see 13 big clockarm blades appear, surrounding the victim. Aeon proceeds to pass them, saying "And time marches on...", as the blades shoot through the victim. Then, a big sword appears above. Aeon gets out his watch, looking at it, stating "Right on time...", as the big sword falls down onto the victim - we cannot see it. Then, the scenery disappears and both return to the battlefield. This move does 70% static damage and high knockback - causing the victim to shoot away as soon as the cinematic is over.

Aeon's lines for his victims:
(I couldn't think of lines for parts of the Brawl cast, I'm afraid)
Mario: Heroic deeds like yours will make you unforgotten for a long time, but not for eternity.
Luigi: I can see the darkness of fear and envy crawling up in your soul... You should step out of the shadows you are in.
Peach: Your beauty is known over all borders, yet, you will lose it as time progresses.
Bowser: Your shell gives you a lot of defense, but even your fortress will fall under time.
Link/Toon Link: Travelling through time does not grant you the power over it.
Zelda/Sheik: Your magic is powerful enough to give you a new form, but it will not stop you from aging.
Ganondorf: Merging darkness and power may grant you strength, but it will not make you immortal.
Samus: Advanced technology and combat training will not keep you from the flow of time...
Yoshi: Although your stomach is strong and you have proven to be a hero on your own, you will always stay as a mere animal.
Kirby: You might be able to draw from my powers, but this will not allow you to control time.
Meta Knight: We both are connected by our goals, yet, I'm afraid I will have to punish you for crossing your sword with mine.
Lucario: Your control over your special power is impressive, but the Aura will not be able to compete with time.
Pokémon Trainer: Your master might be able to control even the most feral beasts, but time cannot be tamed easily.
Ness: I can see your memories. Let's hope they won't be repeated anymore.
Lucas: Your strength is great and your mind is powerful... Make sure you won't get used by evil.
Mr. Game & Watch: Two dimensions only, hm? Then you might know that all three are bound together by the fourth dimension - time...
Ice Climbers: Your teamwork is sensational, I've never seen such a thing before. But as time flows, the connection is bound to break...
R.O.B.: Even artifical life is subject to the laws of time.
Snake: Your tactical knowledge and equipment is astounding, but even the strongest gear will be outdated when the time comes.
Sonic: Even the highest of speed will not result in keeping you from your fate.
Simon Belmont: Not even the storied Belmont Clan can stand against the power of time.
Dracula: Even the Lord of Darkness cannot escape time.
Death: You govern the fate of death, but even fate is a truth wound by time.
Shanoa: You seek a dangerous power; It, too, is governed by time.
Alucard: You who bear a heavy cross, what does eternity hold for you?
Maria Renard: You are fated to walk a difficult path. Enjoy yourself while you can.
Cornell: Everything dissolves in it's own time, regardless of your desires.
Eric Lecarde: Jealosy of the whip does not excuse your arrogance with the lance.
Aeon himself: Mimicking my form will not allow you to rule time.
Hyper_Ridley: You may have been rebuilt to be immortal, but machines are bound to rust under time's influence.

[09 - TANT]​

Up
Aeon gets out his watch, looking at it, while stating "Right on time!"

Side
Aeon swings his clocksword similar to Marth's (original Melee) taunt, stating "In this place, I too am able to fight!"

Down
Holding up his clockblade, which is glowing blue, he says "I cannot allow that which would disrupt the flow of time."

[10 - EXTS]​

Entrance
A clock face appears, the hands showing your current time. Then it breaks, the shards whirling around and forming Aeon, who dusts off his shoulder before getting in fighting stance.

Alternative costumes
White hair, all white clothes with several black highlights - Default
Black hair, red jacket, black pants, white highlights - Red Team (based on second Aeon costume)
Blonde hair, blue jacket, white pants, golden highlights - Blue Team
Brown hair, green jacket, brown pants, golden hightlights - Green Team
Black hair, all black clothes with several white hightlights
White hair, purple jacket, red pants, white highlights

Victory Poses

Up
Holding his blade in front of him in a fighting stance, Aeon states "To mend the fabric of time, I ask you meet me in combat."

Side
Sticking his clockblade into the ground, he leans onto it, explaining that "This moment was pre-ordained."

Down
Being without his clockblade, Aeon takes a bow, and, while facing down, elegantly turns around 360° once. He then only raises his face, smirking at the screen.

Loss
His sword sticking in the ground, Aeon claps with a slight smile, appreciating the winner's strength and victory.

Codec Converation
Snake: Otacon, who is this pale guy?
Otacon: That is Aeon, Snake. He is able to control time and space.
Snake: What? But how?
Otacon: I don't know either, Snake, but he is well-mannered and proud, so he won't stop time to dispose of his enemies. I also think that mendling with the flow of time itself exhausts him a lot.
Snake: So he's able to alter time, huh? Well, let's see if he's still able to defeat me...
Otacon: He's the Guardian of Time, so I guess it will not be easy.
Snake: Challenging too, eh? I like the sound of that. Let's see who's the better warrior.
Otacon: ... Good luck out there, Snake.

Kirby Hat
Kirby gains a monocle and Aeon's white hair, as well as the black tie, and the Dimensional Ray as a Neutral Special. However, unlike Aeon, Kirby doesn't use the clockblade, but rather the magic rod he recieves when he transforms into Beam Kirby in his games! Also, Kirby is not able to charge the beam, and can only use its weakest form.

Unlock Message
Right on time! Aeon, the Guard of Time is now available for fighting!

Credits Song for Single Player
Castlevania Judgment - Guardian of Time

Logo

The reverse-crucifix and devil wings; a Castlevania standard.

Item

Bible
After a player picks up the item, it flies around them in a circle for a limited time, spewing papers as it travels. If it contacts an enemy, it will deal 8-10% damage and good knockback. It also reflects energy-based projectiles, though due to its small size and constant rotation, this rarely happens.

Victory Theme
Castlevania Judgment - Victory Jingle (in the video 1:28 to end)

Music
Castlevania Judgment - Guardian of Time
Castlevania Judgment - Darkness of Fear
Castlevania 3 - Clockwork (Judgment Vers.)
Castlevania - Tower of Dolls (Judgment Vers.)
Castlevania Judgment - Time Reaper's Theme
Castlevania Bloodlines - Iron Blue Intention (Judgment Vers.)
Castlevania 3 - Mad Forest (Judgment Vers.)
Castlevania: Rondo of Blood - Slash (Judgment Vers.)

[11 - TRPH]​

Aeon
+ A mysterious character from a just as mysterous group watching over time. He is well-spoken and acts as if he sees through everything.
Lament of the 13th Hour
+ Aeon's Final Smash. He stops the time to unleash an attack involving powerful blades.
Shanoa
+ A young woman warrior for the Order of Ecclesia, Shanoa has the ability to use “Glyphs;” magical artifacts that give her control over weaponry and magic.
Dominus
+ Shanoa’s Final Smash, which creates powerful magic at the cost of damaging the user.
Cornell
+ A man hailing from a tribe cursed to turn into beasts at full moon. His nickname is Blue Crescent Moon.
Full Moon
+ Cornell's Final Smash. He summons the moon to shine and strengthen his attacks.
Jonathan
+ Jonathan Morris, son of John Morris. He sets out to Dracula's Castle to defeat Brauner
Charlotte
+ Charlotte Aulin, a mage in training. She is Jonathan's childhood friend and helps him on his adventure in Dracula's Castle.
Holy Lightning
+ One of Jonathan & Charlotte's Final Smashes. It unleashes a cross-shaped lightning bolt of holy energy.
1000 Blades
+ With this technique Jonathan throws a barrage of knives onto the their foes, being made faster by Charlotte's magic.
Volcano
+ This attack summons a small volcano spitting balls of magma into the arena.
Dark Gate
+ This spell causes a gate to hell to open. A demon waiting inside, will try to crush mortals with its huge claws.
Death
+ Lord Dracula's ever-faithful servant, and master of the Underworld.
The End is Now
+ Death's Final Smash. He uses the spirits of the dead to assist him in destroying his foes.
Maria Renard
+ A young woman who wields magical power rivaling that of the Belmont Clan.
Seiryu's Wrath
+ Maria summons her animal companion: Seiryu, the Azure Dragon.
Alucard
+ Adrian Farenheights Tepes, the son of Dracula, sworn to destroy his evil origins.
Soul Steal
+ Alucard’s Final Smash, which restores his life energy.
Albus
+ Shanoa’s close friend and another member of the Order of Ecclesia, Albus is unlike Shanoa in the sense that he can’t absorb glyphs. Albus can however use glyphs to power his magical gun, Agartha.
Barlowe
+ Shanoa’s mentor and founder of the Order of Ecclesia as well as the creator of the Dominus glyph; Barlowe is a man who seems intent on recovering Dominus from Albus.
Simon Belmont
+ The legendary Vampire Killer of the cursed Belmont clan.
Grand Cross
+ Simon's Final Smash, shown destroying Lord Dracula.
Lord Dracula
+ The Lord of Evil, eternally reborn to bathe the world in darkness.
True Dracula
+ Lord Dracula's Final Smash, and the ultimate form of his black heart.
Stella & Loretta
+ A pair of vampire sisters, Stella is a master in swordsmanship, while Loretta is a great magician.
Werewolf
+ A man cursed to turn into a beast when the moon reaches its full state.
Bible
+ The main scriptures for Christianity, the Bible has holy powers so strong that this mere book is even able to deflect projectiles.
Dracula's Castle
+ The setting for most Castlevania games, and the stage in Super Smash Bros.
Nightmare Portraits
+ This is where Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin takes place. Every picture is a gate to another dimension.
Brauner
+ A vampire and main villain of Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. He wants to destroy humanity hypnotized the vampire sisters Stella and Loretta to think they are his dead daughters.
Medusa and Medusa Heads
+ The mythological beast and her innumerable servants.
Young Maria Renard
+ A village girl who rises to her fate, and defeats Count Dracula in Rondo of Blood.
Richter Belmont
+ While Simon may be the most well-known Belmont, Richter is the more powerful of the two.
Soma Cruz and Mina Hakuba
+ Two teenagers from the year 2035. Due to Soma's mysterious "Soul Steal" ability, mysterious forces attempt to turn him into Dracula's successor...
Vampire Killer
+ The legendary whip of the Belmont clan.
Hearts
+ The source of Simon's special abilities.
Order of Ecclesia
+ The only organization that is capable of standing up to Dracula in a time without a Belmont or the Vampire Killer.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Whoa....Aeon was an awesome moveset Spadefox!!!

Really cool. I really like that FS.
Subliminal message. WWHHHEEEEE.
One of my favourites from you! :bee:

Baloo

Smash Ace
Oh, nice. Great final smash, and the up special is very cool. Great moveset.

+1 vote, it seems I've been saying that a lot lately...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@Aeon: Great moveset!

The organization and layout are both wonderful and make it easy to read. At first, I was confused while reading the standard moves because I had trouble deciphering how Aeon holds his unusual weapon. Eventually, I think I got the hang of it.

The two special Specials are interesting and cool ideas. However, Rewind only reverses one second's worth of movement? That seems a little too quick to do anything to me; also, are attacks and stuff also "rewound"? Also, when using Down special, how long does the effect last, and is there any way to stop it?

Everything else looks awesome, though, great job Spade!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
The organization and layout are both wonderful and make it easy to read. At first, I was confused while reading the standard moves because I had trouble deciphering how Aeon holds his unusual weapon. Eventually, I think I got the hang of it.
Generally said, he holds it differently with every move. Normally holding the frame of the body as seen in the picture, but sometimes the chain or the body itself.

However, Rewind only reverses one second's worth of movement? That seems a little too quick to do anything to me; also, are attacks and stuff also "rewound"?
You think 1 second is too little? I also thought that might be a bit too little for a recovery. What would you suggest? Also, no, only his movement is rewound, not his attacks.

Also, when using Down special, how long does the effect last, and is there any way to stop it?
It lasts as long as you want it to. You can stop it by pressing Down B again.

Everything else looks awesome, though, great job Spade!
Thank you!

@Everyone else:
Thanks for reading, as well.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Now's the time where I wish that SOS Brigade's Chronoport was as relevant to time travel as Rewind is. Should've played more Prince of Persia before designing a time-based attack for that moveset.....

Quick question: Which Robot Master was Top Man's Topspin most powerful against?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Generally said, he holds it differently with every move. Normally holding the frame of the body as seen in the picture, but sometimes the chain or the body itself.

You think 1 second is too little? I also thought that might be a bit too little for a recovery. What would you suggest? Also, no, only his movement is rewound, not his attacks.

It lasts as long as you want it to. You can stop it by pressing Down B again.

Thank you!
Alrighty. Also, it doesn't sound like the giant blades are always sticking out of the clock; they come out with the attacks, right? Cool.

If you were getting knocked off the stage, one second doesn't sound like it would cover enough distance to get you safely back, maybe three seconds would be better...AGH TIME TRAVEL ****s UP MY BRAIN Lost!

There are probably dozens of cool uses for the move, though, besides recovering, which is great.

Down Special though is still iffy for me. It sounds rather disruptive for a move that you can use any time and keeps a condition on the field for as long as you want...and wouldn't it be the perfect stalling technique? (and killer on moving/scrolling stages? :bee:)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Shadowman

Alrighty. Also, it doesn't sound like the giant blades are always sticking out of the clock; they come out with the attacks, right? Cool.
Exactly.

Down Special though is still iffy for me. It sounds rather disruptive for a move that you can use any time and keeps a condition on the field for as long as you want...and wouldn't it be the perfect stalling technique?
You recieve tremendous amounts of damage constantly every second though. After a few seconds you're already up to 100%, and since Aeon is not a heavyweight, that won't help you that much.

@Rewind:
3 seconds? Hm...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
@Peli: Top Spin ***** every boss in that game if you used it right. I honestly don't even remember who it was supposed to trump...since once you get the sweetspot, you can kill all of them in one or two hits.

@Aeon: The Down B is broken. Even at 15% per second...why not just leave it on and spam Dimensional Ray/dash attack/anything else? I don't doubt that if any SWF member were to be put in a match where their opponents were constantly slowed...that they'd be hit at all.

Give it a time limit of like...10 seconds (and 10% per second, leading to a nice, round 100% if you use all of it at once) and an invisible cool down of something like 30 seconds...and you'll be good. Maybe it's just me...but that stuck out like something that sticks out as I read it.

...Everything else though, I quite like. :bee:

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Not-quite-as-quick answer:

In Mega Man 3: Shadow Man
In Mega Man II: Needle Man

@Spade: Aeon looks incredible! Despite all the Castlevania movesets we've had, surprisingly, this one makes me want to play the games more than most of them. I especially liked the Up Special! So genius, I can't believe something like that hasn't been capitalized on before. And the Final Smash is awesome, too! I love the lines for the characters. Lol, I actually got chills imagining some of them said.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Um... Let's not spam for new pages just for a preview, m'kay? Previews aren't really a big enough deal to need a new page for.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the Top Spin info guys. I don't know about EVERY boss, but from what I asked my own friends Top Spin can kill Gamma (giant robot) in one hit. This is getting interesting...

Top Man will pretty much be my first moveset where I have my own interpretation of the character and implement it into my moveset (this MAY be a bad thing, but I plan on doing the same with Cecil Harvey for MYM5. Better I slaughter one of the lamer Robot Masters with my first run at this rather than a tried-and-true Final Fantasy hero, right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom