• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
oh, sorry then. here you are!

prank's final smash: the ultimate hoax
a fancy, yellow silken rope falls down to prank's level. prank grins wider than normal and yanks it. all the other characters stay put and have an idle animation. the stage starts to crumple and split down the middle, like a pair of stage curtains. all the characters receive 20% and average knockback from the curtain. what's behind the curtain, you ask? why, it's another, randomly selected stage! that's right, boys and girls, it changes the stage! the brawl then continues as normal.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Okay, I've added the speed of the Side B after Chris' complaint, buffed the Up B, and did to the Down B what Mendez has adviced... I hope the balance of time of Aeon is now okay.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Thanks for the Top Spin info guys. I don't know about EVERY boss, but from what I asked my own friends Top Spin can kill Gamma (giant robot) in one hit. This is getting interesting...
Which is why when I had my Mega Man 'set use it, there's a really specific sweetspot you can nail that can deal 20% (as a Nair, mind).

Top Man will pretty much be my first moveset where I have my own interpretation of the character and implement it into my moveset (this MAY be a bad thing, but I plan on doing the same with Cecil Harvey for MYM5. Better I slaughter one of the lamer Robot Masters with my first run at this rather than a tried-and-true Final Fantasy hero, right?)
I have no idea what you mean by this, but would like to.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
.....crap. My Neutral Air was pretty much planned out to be the same thing. Innovation time!!!

As for that other part, let's just say that I think way too much and way too deeply about trivial things, and it's going to affect the moveset, probably. Either that, or there's going to be snipets about five pages long about what I think of the character which has little to do with the moveset. We'll see.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Aeon Move Set said:
Up Special:

Rewind
This attack is very unique. It does not do any knockback or damage, making it only useful for recovery and mindgame purposes. What it does is... rewind Aeon's movement of the last 3 seconds. In fast motion. Now, this sounds incredibly broken, I know, as you can make it like he never left the stage. But there is one major drawback. After you used this move, Aeon will not only enter freefall, but you also cannot use this attack unless you were a whole of 20 seconds on a platform again - or lost a stock.

Down Special:

Time Control
This move is similar to Rewind as it does no damage or knockback. Aeon gets out his watch, and points forward with it. Then a transparent clock appears flashing over the screen - a similar effect like the Shadow the Hedgehog Assist Trophy's Chaos Control. If the Time Control is used, the effect of the Timer item or Shadow starts. It will slow down the movement of every character on the field, excluding Aeon.You can use this move for a total of 10 seconds, constantly recieving 10% damage for each second you use it. After stopping, the move has to cool down for about 30 seconds before you can use it again. Use this attack wisely, as it is one of Aeon's most vital yet dangerous moves.
I love Aeon!

Aeon Move Set said:
Up
Aeon gets out his watch, looking at it, while stating "Right on time!"
I hate Aeon!

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Aeon came out of nowhere XD.

Anyway, Aeon is really good, and I like the layout a lot.

This could possibly be rivaling the greatness of Kefka, so I congratulate you on that.

Anyway, I just caught a

Fear my Pokemon skills :laugh:

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Dokutayuu: That Biggoron Sword seems incredibly broken. Even with the lag increase, an AAA combo that does 102%...is deathly broken. Plus, Fsmash does 46-54%...which is just completely broken, also. AND, all of his tilts do upwards of 37%...I'd say broken again, but I think by now you get my point...

Spadefox: Aeon was incredible. Simply no other way to put it. I do, however much it pains me to say it, see one flaw: there are a good little bit of moves with ungodly effects, but major drawbacks. This is good in sprinklings, but too much in one moveset can kill it...I pretty much had that problem with Piccolo, too. But still, Aeon was incredible...to bad you ruined Dokutayuu's chance of getting his moveset recognized:laugh:

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
That's why I try to make my character mechanics simple yet the character themselves interesting. Of course, this results in my movesets being lesser known/appreciated - we can see that with Jonathan & Charlotte or Lyon, who have gone pretty much under radar. Anyone remembering the team mechanic of J&C? The summon mechanic of Lyon? I know, nothing memorable. Everyone remembers Kawasaki's pot, though.
Aw...I enjoyed J&C and Lyon. They're two of my favorite sets in the contest. *Consoles Spade*

AEON
Guardian of Time

"Right on time..."
LOOOOOVE IT! Wonderful and just as great as your other movesets. Nice work. :)

Dokutayuu

Smash Apprentice
Dokutayuu: That Biggoron Sword seems incredibly broken. Even with the lag increase, an AAA combo that does 102%...is deathly broken. Plus, Fsmash does 46-54%...which is just completely broken, also. AND, all of his tilts do upwards of 37%...I'd say broken again, but I think by now you get my point...

Spadefox: Aeon was incredible. Simply no other way to put it. I do, however much it pains me to say it, see one flaw: there are a good little bit of moves with ungodly effects, but major drawbacks. This is good in sprinklings, but too much in one moveset can kill it...I pretty much had that problem with Piccolo, too. But still, Aeon was incredible...to bad you ruined Dokutayuu's chance of getting his moveset recognized:laugh:
Sorry, I meant each value was increased by 30% , i.e 10 to 13%. I'll fix that...

Aeon... there's my chance in the spotlight gone... Aeon certainly is good though!

Salvo Fenris

Smash Apprentice
Wow, Aeon was really good. Kinda glad I waited until after the changes were made to read it all the way through. I'm sure it won't mean much coming from one of the new guys, but this is one of my favorite movesets. If I get in enough movesets/post enough, you'll definitely be getting a vote from me.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
@Salvo Fenris

I looked closely at your avatar just now and I realize that I love it.

Top Man is looking pretty solid in my head, but if anyone has an idea for his Final Smash I'm open to suggestions.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Dokutayuu:Oh, sorry for the misunderstanding...hehe.
And don't take that stuff I said about Aeon too harshly, Spadefox, I don't mean it as an insult, rather, it's a kind of compliment, seeing as even with that, it's one of the greatest movesets on here.

Baloo

Smash Ace
I just had an idea.

You know how there was a terrible Fierce Deity Link, and then a really good one?

Someone has to do a good peanutbutter face set.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Okay guys, I have two move set plans for MYM5 that I am very excited about. In fact, I am so excited about these two, that I'm even going to go ahead and announce them now!:bee:

Megaman move sets FTW!

Baloo

Smash Ace
Cool.

Since I never officially announced my MYM5 sets, here we go:

In this order
Mr. Saturn, Gary Larson, Cosmic Mario, Mimi, Croc, Dugtrio or Diglet, Yokuba, Biospark and a few other Kirby guys, Rat, Dig Dug, Pooka and Fygar

What'dy'all think?

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Ridley- You're making Bass? Awesome. That's normal Bass, right? I'm planning on making Bass.exe for MYM5... Anyways, how long do these things usually last? Like seven hundred pages or so? And Prometheus was awesome in Advent...hope to see what you do with him.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Cool.

Since I never officially announced my MYM5 sets, here we go:

In this order
Mr. Saturn, Gary Larson, Cosmic Mario, Mimi, Croc, Dugtrio or Diglet, Yokuba, Biospark and a few other Kirby guys, Rat, Dig Dug, Pooka and Fygar

What'dy'all think?
I'm doing Biospark :p Unless we see who makes the better Biospark.

Aeon looks good, I'm reading it right now.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Ridley- You're making Bass? Awesome. That's normal Bass, right? I'm planning on making Bass.exe for MYM5... Anyways, how long do these things usually last? Like seven hundred pages or so?
There's no specification. Each one has been tons longer than the last.

I'm doing Biospark :p Unless we see who makes the better Biospark.

Aeon looks good, I'm reading it right now.
O_O

Awwww

Then I'll do Leo.

And what about Fassed/Yokuba, you like the mother series. Exited?:bee::bee::bee:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
L Preview

Neutral Special: Lockdown For the start of this move, L begins to taps his finger to his bottom lip several times. As he does this, he has a dazed look on his face, looking like he’s deep in thought. After about a quarter of a second, he begins to speak, "It would be wise to..." he then suddenly points the same finger forward towards his opponent as his eyes widen, "Keep you locked down." Suddenly, a large wrought-iron bar cage materializes over the foe, no matter where they are on the field. They're trapped in the cage for 5 seconds, and are then released. If L happens to catch a female character, a special scene takes place: The female yells in disgust, “Ugh! You pervert!” (Unless it’s Zelda…she just pouts) and L replies, “I’m…a pervert?” The move deals no damage, and has rather large startup lag. It can't be used to kill, and is solely for keeping L's foes in check, where he can see their every move. If caught in the air, the cage holds them aloft, exactly where they were first locked up. A caught foe can escape early by breaking his or her shield. L’s moves are permeable to the cage, yet ,if hit by a move, they just tumble around the cage.

CAN YOU GUYS SEE THE SPECIAL FONT? IT'S THE "Neutral Special: Lockdown" PART!

smashbot226

Smash Master
Ah, so it's already almost over?

Well, then I'll save my next moveset for MYM5.

Unless it's still happening.

Because I may have enough time to get back to set-making.

PLANS:

Amaterasu- The White Goddess from Okami returns with a vengeance!

The Infected- From Left 4 Dead come the Boomer, Smoker, Hunter, and Tank, all ready to beat you down!

And finally:

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Aeon is very, very good, Spadefox.

Link could be better, but looks okay.

That L preview is insanely awesome, Sundance.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I got photoshop running, and I made Ghor's alt costumes. I'll hav e them up soon. Not much progress with 02...I'm having a block at the moment.

EDIT: Did you post the full L moveset yet? I still want to read it. =P

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
sup, smashbot. a lot has gone done in this conteset and it will continue for at least a couple more weeks. there is no official deadline yet. if you dont know the current standard yet (not to be rude), check the stadium and look at anything by spade, hyper_ridley, mendez, or kibble. they are all just a little above the basics needed for a great set. i have no gameplay of left4dead, but i've seen a lot of pictures and read about it in gameinformer (smoker is 3 on the top 10 villains of the year list), so i look forward to the infected most of all.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
<><>GEMINI MAN<><>

Gemini Man is a Robot Master who fights Mega Man in Mega Man 3. His primary capabilities include firing lasers and, more notably, creating a duplicate version of himself, hence the name “Gemini Man.” Very narcissistic by nature, Gemini Man enjoys admiring himself, whether in a mirror or through one of his duplicates. He is a very elegant fighter, but often becomes overconfident about his abilities.

<>SPECIAL MECHANIC<>
<>DUPLICATION<>

Gemini Man is capable of creating an effective duplicate of himself with his Down Special move, “Duplicate.” The functionality of the duplicate will be explained there, but let me illustrate the effect of it on the rest of his playstyle. Having a duplicate changes many of Gemini Man’s attacks, usually making them more powerful or more confusing for your opponent(s). The majority of attacks here will consist of two paragraphs. The first tells how the move functions when Gemini Man is without the aid of a duplicate, and the second describes the effect a duplicate has on the attack.

For some duplicate-employing moves to work properly, the duplicate will have to be in the right position. By default, the duplicate will stay close to Gemini Man, functioning somewhat similar to the Ice Climbers’ Nana. However, there are various methods of separating the two, which can serve as both a “desyncing” mechanism like skilled Ice Climbers players often employ, or as a means of performing alternate attacks. All attacks employing the duplicate properties will be followed by either a [Together] or a [Separate] tag, which will indicate the general position the duplicate must be in, while the actual attack description will more fully cover the necessary location.

Note: Unless otherwise stated in the moveset, if you use a move that requires the duplicate to be close, and he is far away, or vice versa, both Gemini Man and his duplicate will independently perform the simple version of the move.

<>STATS<>

Size: Mid-Tall ~ About the size of Link or Samus
Weight: Mid
Power: Mid-Weak
Jumps: 2
Jump (1): Mid-High
Jump (2): Mid
Speed (Walk): Mid
Speed (Run): Mid
Traction: Mid
Speed (Attack): Mid-Fast
Speed (Falling): Mid
Range: Mid-Long
Crouch: Mid
Crawl: No
Wall-Kick: No
Wall-Cling: No
Glide: No

<>SPECIAL ATTACKS<>

Neutral Special – Gemini Laser – Gemini Man will point his buster forward and fire a laser. This travels about as fast as Falco’s Blaster laser, though it travels through enemies instead, dealing 5% damage as it passes them and causing them to flinch. Moderate lag exists on both ends of this move, making it not spammable like Falco’s laser. This laser travels until it hits a wall or goes off the screen. This laser can be angled exactly like R.O.B.’s laser, though it won’t bounce of the ground.
[5%]

If a duplicate and Gemini Man fire lasers together, a twin laser will be shot. This functions the same as the other laser at first, although it deals 8% damage instead. However, upon hitting a wall (or the ground if you angle it downward), this laser will bounce. The angle is appropriately determined by the surface hit, as the laser follows the laws of physics in its bouncing. This laser, since it doesn’t stop at walls like the other, can be used to manipulate your opponent’s movement much more, but after five hits off a wall, the next wall hit will cancel the laser, just like the individual laser. This move cannot be repeated until the first Gemini Laser has vanished from the field of battle.
[8%, Together]

Side Special – Fake Dash – Gemini Man pauses briefly, then dashes forward a fair distance, similar to a Fox Illusion, dealing 6% damage and flinching knockback to opponents he hits. However, after the use of this move… He remains where he used the move from! In a sense, this can be seen as a sort of short-range projectile. There is less-than-average lag on both ends of this move, though still enough to keep it from being too spammable. Because this move doesn’t actually move Gemini Man forward (though it does briefly stall him if used in the air), it doesn’t put him in a helpless state like Fox Illusion does to Fox if he uses it while airborne.
[6%]

Using this with a duplicate functions essentially the same, except that if Gemini Man and his clone use the move from the same location, the false Gemini Man actually dashes forward, effectively separating the two from each other. In addition, since it’s an actual body dashing forward, the move deals 8% damage this way, though the knockback is still weak. This will be one of your primary methods of separating Gemini Man from his counterpart.
[8%, Together]

Up Special – Split Jump – If you currently have a duplicate, the first thing this move will do is eliminate him, as it will create a new one to perform itself. Gemini Man pauses where he stands (or floats in mid-air), and a duplicate of himself jumps out of him (which is actually himself jumping out of a newly-formed duplicate). As he does this, the newly-formed duplicate resumes falling, and can’t be controlled. He jumps straight up, or arcs left or right, depending on if and how you tilt the control stick while he pauses. The arc of the jump is about two-thirds as high as King Dedede’s, but covers a better horizontal distance. You can kill his momentum by hitting B again. Like Dedede, the jumping Gemini Man will not sweetspot the ledge, but if you hit B to cancel the attack, he can grab it. While jumping, he deals no damage, but has super armor until he hits the ground again. Upon striking the ground, his super armor is removed, and he suffers some ending lag. If the duplicate lands on solid ground, you have effectively created a duplicate that you can use, but if not, then you simply resume the battle, currently without a duplicate.
[0%]

Down Special – Duplicate – Gemini Man pauses (falling more slowly if he’s in mid-air) for about a second, as he creates a duplicate version of himself. The duplicate appears as a semi-transparent copy of Gemini Man. The duplicate will respond to all button input the same as Gemini Man, so unlike Nana to the Ice Climbers, he will not always try to come to you. Only when receiving no other button input will the duplicate behave like Nana and attempt to rejoin you. Otherwise, he’ll respond just like as if you were controlling him. If you use this move while you have a duplicate, the current duplicate will simply vanish, though you’ll have to use it another time to actually get a new duplicate. Destroying a duplicate has absolutely no lag, and can even be done during other attacks.
[0%]

<>STANDARD ATTACKS<>

Standard Combo – Infinity Strike – With no duplicate, this is a rather simple attack, consisting of two swings of Gemini Man’s arm cannon followed by a quick vertical kick. The lag between the three attacks is comparable to Link’s Standard Combo, with the cannon swings dealing 2% damage each and flinching knockback, and the kick at the end dealing 4% with okay upward knockback. The range is mediocre; nothing to boast about, but nothing that’s difficult to use.
[2% + 2% + 4%]

However, with the addition of a clone, the final part of the move changes entirely. After the two arm cannon swings (which function exactly the same, but which his duplicate will only perform if they are separated), if Gemini Man’s clone is directly over him, a much more brutal attack ensues. Gemini Man and his duplicate alternate various punches and kicks, creating a fast barrage of hits with a good catch that’s somewhat difficult to DI out of. The range is similar to what it is without a duplicate. Each punch or kick does only 1% damage, but it’s easy to get a good number of them in. To make this attack even more powerful, stop performing the combo before your opponent escapes the flurry of blows. When you end this potentially infinite combo, Gemini Man will still perform the kick, as will his clone, giving it twice the damage (now 8%) and a little better knockback.
[2% + 2% + Variable Damage + 8%, Together]

Forward Tilt – Spark – Gemini Man holds one hand forward, and a bright spark flickers at his fingertips. This is comparable to Zelda’s Standard Combo in terms of startup and ending lag, but the spark is much smaller, being a very precise hitbox. Holding the Attack button will cause Gemini Man to hold his hand out in front of him for as long as you need, with the spark always dealing 5% damage and fairly low knockback to anyone who touches it. Ending lag will always be suffered upon release of the button.
[5%]

Adding a duplicate to this move both increases the damage and size of the spark, and saves you from punishable ending lag. To do this, the duplicate must be directly over you. Damage increases to 8% for the spark, and it’s slightly bigger, also dealing a little better knockback. When you release the button, only the real Gemini Man will stop using the attack, the duplicate continues using it, with the same properties as it has if used alone. The duplicate will stop the move with no ending lag only when you perform another action, such as walking, jumping, or using another attack.
[8%, Together]

Up Tilt – Mirror Kick – Gemini Man performs a straightforward vertical kick, sweeping his leg up high in front of him, reaching up above his head. He gets to about the spot Ganondorf hits with his Up Smash, though he covers a little bigger of an area on the way up, since he sweeps his leg wide to the front as he raises it. The kick does fairly weak upward knockback, and deals 5% damage. Startup lag is moderate, as is the ending lag.
[5%]

To include the duplicate in this move, the duplicate must be directly with you as you begin the move. While the real Gemini Man performs the upward kick, the duplicate responds to the button input by jumping into the air right above Gemini Man’s head (so it looks like he could be standing on his head). As he reaches this point, he performs a sweeping downward kick that’s a direct vertical mirror of the real Gemini Man’s. So, he lifts his leg up high, then sweeps it downward, similar to Snake’s Forward Air attack. The timing of the two kicks is such that any opponent who’s not at critical damage will be hit by Gemini Man’s kick directly into his duplicate’s. The duplicate’s kick deals another 5% damage and knocks the opponent straight down again, most often resulting in them being slammed to the ground. Due to the upward hitbox of Gemini Man’s kick, you won’t be able to combo into another Up Tilt, but you can often combo into a different move out of this. Lag for this is comparable to the move without a duplicate.
[5% + 5%, Together]

Down Tilt – Laser Lock – Gemini Man, hunched over, quickly fires a laser toward the ground in front of him. It explodes when it hits the ground, into a flash that affects an area similar to that of Samus’ Down Tilt. This, however, is much faster, on both ends, and affects opponents it hits differently. Those who are caught in the flash will receive 0% damage, with flinching knockback, but incredible hitstun. They will be stuck where they stand (or, in some cases, hover in the air) for about a second before they will be released. This time can be shortened with controller input from the victim.
[0%]

The duplicate doesn’t affect this move as much as most others. Once again, he must be close to you to perform this move’s extended version. He responds a little later to the button input than the real Gemini Man, prolonging the hitbox a little, and also adds some stun time, making it roughly 1.5 seconds in total. Other than those slight tweaks, this move is more-or-less the same with or without a duplicate.
[0%, Together]

Dash Attack – Breaker – Gemini Man braces himself and rushes forward, hovering low over the ground. He travels about the distance of a Battlefield platform, dealing 7% damage and decent upward knockback to anyone he hits. During this time, he moves slightly faster than he does during his normal run. This move has almost no startup lag, but a moderate amount of ending lag.
[7%]

If a duplicate is running with Gemini Man and he uses this attack, the duplicate performs the same move, only in the opposite direction. They must be close enough that their frames overlap for this to happen this way. The duplicate rushes backward in the exact same way as the real Gemini Man goes forward, with similar lag and distance. However, the duplicate only deals 5% damage and weak knockback. This is an effective attack for separating Gemini Man and his duplicate.
[7% or 5%, Together]

<>SMASH ATTACKS<>

Forward Smash – Buster Shot – Plain and simple, Gemini Man holds forward his Buster arm, and fires off a shot that looks like a little glowing ball of energy. It’s roughly the size of Samus’ uncharged Charge Shot, and will vanish upon contact with anything, be it an item, an opponent, or a wall. If it doesn’t hit anything, it won’t disappear, so its possible range is something to make note of. The shot deals 8% damage and flinching knockback, regardless of charge, but charging this Smash Attack can greatly affect the speed of the shot. With no charge, it travels about half the speed of Samus’ Charge Shot, making it predictable and slow. However, with full charge, it travels almost as fast as Link’s fully charged Hero’s Bow shot. Granted, sometimes you may want a slower shot, so charge wisely! Both startup and ending lag are moderate for this move.
[8%]

If a duplicate is present, regardless of his position, he will perform the exact same attack, but reversed. If you fire off this Smash Attack to the left, he’ll fire it off to the right. This can be very useful when you’re together, for covering yourself from both sides, or when you’re apart, for firing toward each other to cover a greater area. The duplicate’s shot functions the same, except that it only does 5% damage.
[8% or 5%, Together or Separate]

Up Smash – Arc Rush – On his own, Gemini Man will simply jump up when he uses this move, glowing faintly as he does. He jumps high enough to barely get up onto one of Battlefield’s lower platforms, and anyone he touches while glowing (the whole time he’s in the air) will take 10-20% damage and moderate diagonal knockback, depending on charge. If he lands on the same ground he jumped from (as in, doesn’t end up on a higher platform), the jumps takes about a second to perform, with moderate beginning lag and slightly above-average ending lag.
[10 – 20%]

If Gemini Man and his duplicate are together when performing this move, the duplicate will do exactly as Gemini Man does, but a split second later, giving this move a barely longer-lasting hitbox, and nothing more. However, that is not the primary use of the duplicate in this move. If Gemini Man and his duplicate are separated, they will both jump up and arc toward each other, crossing paths and landing at the spot where the other used the move from. Gemini Man and his duplicate travel faster or slower as they need to, such that the jump still takes only about a second to perform. Startup and ending lag, as well as damage and knockback, are similar to what they are without a duplicate. If Gemini Man and his duplicate don’t have a direct path to jump toward each other (ie: a wall is between them or one is standing on a platform above the other), then they will each perform the simple version of this attack individually.
[10 – 20%, Separate]

Down Smash – Laser Dome – Gemini Man spreads his arms, and a web of lasers encompasses him, creating a small dome (almost the size of Bowser) over him. The dome actually appears while he is charging the move, and can deal damage during that time. Enemies that touch the dome will take 5% damage and flinching knockback. If you end this move before full charge, Gemini Man will simply end the attack, having almost no ending lag and being free to move again. If it reaches full charge, though, he’ll release the dome’s energy in a small burst that reaches just beyond the stretch of the dome, dealing 10% damage and fairly good knockback. This hit is very brief, only lasting for a split second, and giving this move a much more considerable amount of ending lag, but it may be worth it. The startup lag is moderate.
[5% + 10%]

If a clone is with you, he’ll perform this move exactly as you do, adding absolutely nothing to it. However, if you’re separated, the two will each create their own dome. As the domes are created, a thin laser (about the size of Fox’s Blaster shot) will connect the centers of the domes, and will deal damage just like touching the domes would. If you reach full charge, as the real Gemini Man’s dome erupts in an energy burst and disappears, the duplicate Gemini Man’s dome’s laser will continue on the same path it was, only now it doesn’t have another dome to stop it from reaching even farther. The false Gemini Man’s dome does not give off an energy burst, and simply cancels, ending the move for both of them at the same time.
[5% + 10%, Separate]

<>AERIALS<>

Neutral Air – Rotation Flash – Gemini Man will flash rapidly for a second or so, dealing 5% damage and fairly weak knockback to anyone who comes in contact with him. This has almost no startup lag, but some ending lag. The hitbox, once again, only consists of his flashing body, and nothing beyond it.
[5%]

If your duplicate is with you as you use this move, you’ll both start flashing, but now won’t remain in place. During the second or so that this move is performing, Gemini Man and his clone will both extend out from their original positions, the real Gemini Man to the top and his duplicate to the bottom, and then spin clockwise around their starting position until the real Gemini Man is below it and the false Gemini Man is above it, at which point they will come together again. They extend out so far that you could fit a Party Ball in the space they circle around. There is minimal startup lag, but a good amount of ending lag as they come together again, more so than if this move is performed without a duplicate. As they revolve, Gemini Man and his duplicate each can deal the same damage and knockback as Gemini Man can do by himself.
[5%, Together]

Forward Air – Shock Hold – Gemini Man holds one hand forward, and a light blue spark appears at his fingertips. There’s fairly little startup lag, and the spark can be held for anywhere from one to three seconds by holding down the Attack button. Once you release it, there is a moderate amount of ending lag as the spark dies and Gemini Man retracts his hand. The catch to this move is, the spark does no damage, but rather, catches enemies very well, essentially pulling them with you wherever you end up going before releasing them from the grip. Careful about using it, though, since they may punish you once you release them. If Gemini Man touches the ground while using this move, it can still be held up to the full length of time.
[0%]

If a duplicate is with Gemini Man as he does this, the clone will wait while Gemini Man performs the move. At the time of release, whether done automatically or manually, if the spark is in contact with an enemy, the duplicate will kick a leg forward into the opponent, dealing 8% damage and decent diagonal knockback.
[8%, Together]

Backward Air – Reverse Laser – Gemini Man points his buster forward, then fires off a laser. The startup and ending lag for this are moderate. The laser travels directly horizontal. After traveling a very short distance forward (about a Stage Builder block), the laser reflects off some unseen surface, and immediately propels itself backward instead, traveling indefinitely until it hits a wall or goes off the screen. The laser travels about as fast as Falco’s Blaster shot, and passes through opponents, giving them 3% damage and flinching knockback.
[3%]

With a clone near him, both Gemini Man and the clone will fire lasers, but only one of the lasers will be reflected. In other words, one laser continues to travel forward, while the other reflects backward. Both lasers still only do 3% damage with flinching knockback, and are otherwise also similar to the single laser fired without a clone.
[3%, Together]

Up Air – Return Beam – Gemini Man holds his buster upward, then fires a thicker laser upward. It travels quickly, up about the distance of three Stage Builder blocks, then turns around and homes in on Gemini Man again, returning to him. As the laser travels, it deals 1% damage and absolutely no knockback to anyone it hits, though it can potentially hit them a few times as it travels through their frame, scoring more hits on larger characters. There is moderate startup and ending lag, all of which takes place during the firing of the laser (there is no lag as the laser reaches Gemini Man again).
[1% per hit]

If a duplicate is on the field, away from Gemini Man, then both of them will fire lasers upward. This functions the same, except that the lasers will home in on the other Gemini Man, allowing you to hit opponents between you. All other traits are the same as when this attack is performed individually.
[1% per hit, Separate]

Down Air – Split Laser – Gemini Man points his buster down, spreading his legs to fire between them. He fires a laser directly downward. Startup lag is somewhat long, but the ending lag is minimal. The laser deals 4% damage and flinching knockback to anyone it hits along the way, traveling through them as it does. If it strikes the ground, it will split into two lasers that travel directly horizontally along the ground, stopping only when they hit a wall. These lasers only deal 2% damage, still with flinching knockback.
[4% or 2%]

If a clone and the real Gemini Man are separated and use this move, the split lasers have one more trick up their sleeve. If a laser from the real Gemini Man and one from the duplicate collide while traveling along the ground, they will stop and glow in a bright blue ball for about half a second, then shoot speedy lasers out in all eight cardinal and intermediate directions (up, left, etc. as well as the diagonals between them), though the downward ones are likely to strike ground before they accomplish anything. Each of these lasers has the same properties as the other lasers do after the split.
[4% or 2%, Separate]

<>GRAB + THROWS<>

Grab – Normal – Gemini Man reaches forward with his non-buster arm and grabs. Similar range and timing to Marth’s. Note that with Gemini Man and his duplicate separated, you could potentially grab two opponents at the same time (or you could keep them together and grab two nearby opponents, like both Ice Climbers!)

Pummel – Laser Pulse – Gemini Man fires a laser into his victim at point blank with his buster. This deals 2% damage, and can only be repeated at a fairly slow rate. [2%]

With a duplicate, who also fires a laser, the damage is doubled, though everything else remains the same.
[4%, Together]

Forward Throw – Reflection Shot – Without a clone, this is a simple forward toss, similar to Marth’s. It deals only 4% damage and weak forward knockback. This has no chaingrab potential, despite only moving the opponent a short distance away. Lag is relatively average on both ends of this attack.
[4%]

Add a clone to this move, and it gets more interesting. Gemini Man grips his opponent, while the clone runs forward a short distance (about the length of a Battlefield platform). The duplicate then braces himself, appearing somewhat glossy, as Gemini Man (still holding the victim) does the same. Gemini Man then tosses his opponent to a mid-point between them, then quickly firing a laser off. The laser bounces back and forth between Gemini Man and his duplicate, each time it passes the opponent dealing 1% damage and flinching knockback. This will continue for up to 15% damage, though controller input from the victim can shorten it, causing less damage. At the finish, the victim shakes off, while Gemini Man and his duplicate take time to return to their normal state.
[Up to 15%, Together]

Backward Throw – Punching Bag – On his own, Gemini Man has yet another simple, boring Throw here. He whirls his opponent around behind him, then drives a leg into them, this attack looking similar to Link’s Backward Throw, but without the Clawshot. It deals only 5% damage and weak knockback. There is moderate lag on both ends.
[5%]

With a clone nearby, however, Gemini Man will grip his victim with both hands, and his duplicate will proceed to hammer them with punches and kicks, dealing 10 hits at 1% each for a total of 10% damage. This is a fairly slow Throw, so it should only be used when the hit is secure. Gemini Man’s clone finishes with a kick that knocks the opponent backward, albeit with weak knockback.
[Up to 10%, Together]

Up Throw – Hologram Blast – Once again, Gemini Man’s individual Throw is a simple one. Similar to Mario, he grips his opponent with both hands, then tosses them skyward, dealing 5% damage and weak knockback. The lag on this throw is moderate on both ends.
[5%]

He performs the same action with a duplicate, but this is followed up by the duplicate jumping upward, with a leg stretched upward. The duplicate connects with the victim in the air, dealing an additional 5% damage and decent upward knockback. Gemini Man is free to move while his duplicate performs the kick.
[5% + 5%, Together]

Down Throw – Stunner – Gemini Man tosses his opponent to the ground, similar to Marth’s Down Throw. This deals 4% damage, and has no chaingrab potential. This Throw, like his others, has relatively average lag. The opponent will be lying on the ground after this throw.
[4%]

If a duplicate is present, he will follow the basic Throw with a blast from his laser that stuns the victim, paralyzing them like Zero Suit Samus’ Paralyzer does. This makes it easy to follow up with another attack, and can also be used for a single chaingrab (because the duplicate has more ending lag than Gemini Man, he won’t be able to keep up to follow up with a second Stunner, though Gemini Man can perform the basic one if he wants).
[4%, Together]

<>FINAL SMASH<>

Final Smash – Mirror Mayhem – If Gemini Man has a duplicate, the first thing this Final Smash will do is remove him. Gemini Man stops where he is, facing the screen. After about a second, he duplicates himself twice, and the two duplicates shoot out about twice the distance of a Battlefield platform. They can do this either horizontally or vertically, and the direction is determined randomly. The duplicates will then proceed to repeat Gemini Man’s action, once again firing off two duplicates, either horizontally or vertically. After this has happened a total of 5 times (which takes roughly 5 seconds), all the duplicates will quickly rush toward Gemini Man, dealing 20% damage (each) and converging in a single duplicate behind him. Because knockback is toward the real Gemini Man, opponents caught in this attack are likely to be hit by multiple rushing duplicates, so the damage can really add up, though this Final Smash has little KO potential.
[20% per hit]

<>PLAYSTYLE SUMMARY<>

Obviously, Gemini Man’s gameplay revolves around proper use of his duplicate. The duplicate offers additional damage, range, etc. to many of his moves. Keeping a duplicate around at all times should be a high priority for any Gemini Man player.

You’ll first want to rack up damage, which is something Gemini Man does well. Use attacks like the Gemini Laser and Split Laser to keep your opponents on their toes, or lock them in place with a Stunner or Laser Lock, while you use attacks like the Infinity Strike, Buster Shot, Breaker, and Fake Dash to deal the damage.

When it comes to scoring KOs, Gemini Man’s options are more limited. You’ll have to get your opponents to higher percentages than most of the roster will, but knowing your KO moves ensures you won’t have to go too much further. Laser Dome, if used right, is your earliest potential KO move, though both the Arc Rush and the Hologram Blast are also viable options with a little more damage.

The trick to winning is really to keep your opponents guessing. Gemini Man’s duplicate offers him a lot of less-than-predictable moves, and you’ll want to capitalize on that. Know the position you need for your duplicate, and get him there (if you have to separate, a Breaker or Fake Dash is an excellent quick option). Don’t be afraid to separate, and leave no move unused!

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Hyper_Ridley: Hmm... The specials/Final Smash I have in mind are way different... The regular attacks may take a while. though. And, the stats are different, too. Anyway, he'll probably be my first MYM5 set... Oh, and since I've got three sets now, van someone remind me how to set up those banners? Or link to a tutorial they know?

Kakashi, well, he's good in my head, but on, um, screen he's not so far along.

Gemini Man looks great, SirKibble! Good duplicate mechanic, it completely changes his whole moveset, though, which, as we all know, is both a blessing and a curse. Anyway, you gave me an idea for MYM 5.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Gemini Man was a fun move set. You were able to make all of those laser and spark-based attacks have some sort of differentiation from each other, so kudos to you.

smashbot226

Smash Master
sup, smashbot. a lot has gone done in this conteset and it will continue for at least a couple more weeks. there is no official deadline yet. if you dont know the current standard yet (not to be rude), check the stadium and look at anything by spade, hyper_ridley, mendez, or kibble. they are all just a little above the basics needed for a great set. i have no gameplay of left4dead, but i've seen a lot of pictures and read about it in gameinformer (smoker is 3 on the top 10 villains of the year list), so i look forward to the infected most of all.
Is Chief Mendez still going to win? Because I'll be out otherwise.

So, what else major has happened?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Even if there's no deadline, is there any chance at all of Ghor hitting the top 50? 0_0 I'm trying to improve with each moveset to get ONE in the top 50 ONE TIME. AT LEAST.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Whoa.....Gemini man is an awesome moveset Kibble!

Seriously, i like Duplication thing, and everything.
Huh....i wonder if he can see this. Hmm.......Pichu sucks, pichu sucks, pichu sucks!!! LOL JK JK.
Seriously, really suhweet moveset :bee:

SparkZ

Smash Cadet
Here is the Up Smash for Chemistry Man, so feel free to enjoy and comment. Just a warning though, it is really darn long, what with the 2 seperate attacks and everything. Also, ridiculous range means quasi-projectile, like Oil Panic or Ness's dash attack, large lag means like Lucas's up smash, and ridiculous lag means on the order of Falcon Punch.

Up Smash. Magnesium Mash. Possible total of 9% to 12% powdered, 16% to 21% block. No knockback for powder, 90 degree knockback for block. Powder can’t kill, block kills from 85% to 64%. Ridiculous range powdered, medium range block. Powder has some lag starting and large lag ending, block has large lag starting and ridiculous lag ending. Stays out for 30 seconds.

Description: There are 2 possible attacks for this move, which are determined by which button you press during start-up lag. If you do nothing, you toss out a cloud of powdered magnesium, which covers a large area above you and stays in the air for about .33 seconds. If an opponent passes through this cloud, then they will take multiple hits at a very rapid rate, doing damage. The rapid-fire hits also have the effect of slowing their fall, as though they were falling through Chikorita’s razor leaf. However, the lag stops you from taking advantage of this. The block attack is triggered by pressing A during the start-up. This time, he takes out a large block of magnesium, and throws it up, but slower this time, as it takes longer to toss up something very heavy. It goes up a decent height, with great knockback, but as it falls down, it lands on CM’s foot. He screams in pain, and then starts hopping around holding his foot. This makes the lag time afterward slightly shorter than the start-up lag for falcon punch.

Uses: For the powdered form, it has few uses, but the most notable are it’s anti-air powers. It can’t send opponents up to juggle, and it isn’t good for damage, but it can stop ANY aerial assault dead in its tracks. Between it’s priority and semi-projectile range and the multiple hitboxes, this will let you destroy Dair spamming Toon Links and help you out against many others. This is a great move against aerial foes, and has few uses apart from that. It also makes a decently powerful chemical reaction with fire and water, or just fire that is easy to set up. The block form is trickier to use, but is decent, although it doesn’t seem like it. It can be used as one of his few KO moves, but you have to make sure that you land it, or else you will be beaten up badly. However, the best use for it is in chemical reactions, where it is one of the most powerful reactions available. It is amazing when it is lit on fire, can’t be extinguished for a while, and is even more deadly when you put water on it. The problem with that is that you need a lot of fire in one place, or else it won't light, which makes it very difficult to set up, what with the lag for the attack and the difficulty of getting too many flammable elements in one area. Due to the difficulty of this, it is better suited as an ingredient in the Crate Bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom