• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@Gemini Man: Looks great, Kibble! Though...I'd think about moving the special moves to the beginning of the moveset, since the Duplication mechanic is so important. But don't take my word for it!

@SparkZ: Why are you posting every single one of Chemistry Man's moves?! Just post the whole moveset when it's ready.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Hey, Smashbot! I thought you'd left for good. I look forward to any of your movesets. :bee:

YES, Kibble. YES. Just... yes.

SparkZ

Smash Cadet
The reason why I am posting this stuff is because I want to see what people think about it, to improve the moveset. Call it a pre-review if you want.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Gemini Man looks great, SirKibble! Good duplicate mechanic, it completely changes his whole moveset, though, which, as we all know, is both a blessing and a curse. Anyway, you gave me an idea for MYM 5.
Thanks. Yeah, it seems to have, among other things, made my descriptions a bit longer than usual... :ohwell:

But I'm glad you liked it! :)

Gemini Man was a fun move set. You were able to make all of those laser and spark-based attacks have some sort of differentiation from each other, so kudos to you.
Thanks, HR. That's about all I had at my disposal, and sparks aren't even technically true-to-game, so... :laugh:

Whoa.....Gemini man is an awesome moveset Kibble!

Seriously, i like Duplication thing, and everything.
Huh....i wonder if he can see this. Hmm.......Pichu sucks, pichu sucks, pichu sucks!!! LOL JK JK.
Seriously, really suhweet moveset :bee:
Thanks, Twil.
I didn't see it until I quoted. Pichu > You!
Seriously, thanks! :bee:

Wow! Gemini Man is awesome! Really well detailed and organised. Top 50. For sure. Good job! Duplication + Gemini Man + Sir Kibble = EPIC MOVESET :bee:
Lol, that's a little presumptuous, with how many good movesets we've had, but still, thanks! :)

Gemini Man looks great Kibble, I love the amount of detail in it. It's just enough that I can perfectly picture the attack but it's not too much that it's dull to read.
Oh, thanks goodness! I really wasn't sure about the amount of detail. The attacks are just so long sometimes... Anyway, thank you much! :bee:

Wow, Gemini Man is AWESOME, Kibble! Dawg Food done outdid hisself.
Thanks, Sundance! (Your comment... It's so... So sincere!!)

@Gemini Man: Looks great, Kibble! Though...I'd think about moving the special moves to the beginning of the moveset, since the Duplication mechanic is so important. But don't take my word for it!
Hmm... I'm not normally a fan of that. I like building up to the Specials... But you may be right. Hmm...

Thanks, though! Glad you liked it! :bee:

YES, Kibble. YES. Just... yes.
YES!! :grin:

ROBOT MASTER TAKEOVER!!

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Very good set Kibble. I don't like it quite as much as S+B or SSH... but its still a vote-worthy set (there are so many of those though)... The duplication mechanic, as has been said before, is good and the side B is a nice but simple concept.

If I were to make another megaman set, it wouldn't be another robot master... but rather one of Weil's numbers or one of the 4 guardians.

Chapter 8 of my SM is up.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=207076

LockeCarnelia

Smash Rookie

HECTOR

Hector, Prince of Ostia, and one of the greatest Axe-Wielders to ever grace the fields of Fire Emblem, joins the Brawl! Obviously, using such a large axe, one WOULD figure that Hector is designed to be quite the strong contender, and, of course, you are obviously not disappointed. Hector's strength of arms is absolute, and his will rarely unrealized upon the field of battle. Given such raw strength and talents, how could he possibly lose?

How to play as Hector
Hector's main strengths lie not in the air game, as many seem to be, but in his ground game, and reflecting this, you should stay on the ground as much as possible. His Aerial potential is greatly limited, and indeed, his Up+B attack is more suited to getting people in the air above him down than actually going up any further. His recovery potential is rather pitiful, with a rather small third jump, and no sideways recovery move to help him out either. However, his knockback and raw damage surpasses even Ike's.

Sweet Spot: Since Hector's attacks are mostly useless when you're hitting people with the handle of the axe, the sweet spot on Hector's swings are mostly on the middle of the Axe head, and diminishes the further away you get from the middle in terms of damage and knockback.

Stats
Screen Name: Hector
Size: 6/10 - He's a bit bigger than your average brawler.
Power: 9/10 - He hits hard. VERY hard.
Range (Melee): 7/10 - With an axe that big, it's hard NOT to have above-average range.
Range (Ranged): 3/10 - Has only one rather limited ranged attack.
Weight: 7/10 - All that armor doesn't help him with weight.
(Running) Speed: 4/10 - See Above
First Jump: 4/10 - Hector jumps up, obviously.
Second Jump: 3/10 - He then spins in the air to do a second jump.
Hover: No.
Fall Speed: 7/10 - Falls fast.
Crouch: Yes.
Crawl: No.
Wall Jump: No.
Wall Cling: No.
Gliding: No.
Tether: No.

Standard Attacks
A, A: Burning Cross
This attack starts up with little lag, and starts, obviously, with a simple swing of Hector's axe in a vertical pattern. This is followed up with a slight delay with a horizontal swing. This move knocks back quite a bit, although certainly not enough to KO someone unless they were either quite damaged in the first place (100%+), near the edge of the screen, or thrown by this attack into some kind of explosion.
Damage: The first hit does 10%, the second 8%

Dash Attack: Great Cleave
Hector dashes forwards and swings the axe in a diagonal cleave up from the ground, continuing to run after the attack, unlike most other dash attacks. This might be a deciding factor in a few matches, as keeping Hector in motion may be a necessary action in order to prevent enemies from attacking him. Does 11% damage. Slight lag after the swing preventing him from stopping running or swinging again. Deals out mostly horizontal Knockback, medium amount.

F Tilt: Big Strike
Hector simply swings the Axe from over his head in a mighty vertical swing, with a slight bit of lag before and after swinging. Rather simple move. 15% damage, Large amount of horizontal Knockback.

U Tilt: Uppercut
Hector simply swings his axe in an upwards arc one-handed. Rather simple move, yet again. Slight lag before the move goes off, slight lag after the move goes off. 14% damage, medium amount of vertical knockback.

D Tilt: Foot Poke
Another simple move, this simply involves Hector crouching and poking the sharp points of the axe at the enemy's foot. 8% Damage, small knockback.

Smash Attacks
F Smash: Critical Strike
Hector swings the axe in front of him with all of his might with both hands, devastating the enemy. Charging holds the axe somewhat over his head, making this an over-the-head cleave. Deals out heavy damage, to the tune of 27%, leaves him open for a good while afterwards, and an average lag on getting it started. Extreme Horizontal and Vertical Knockback, depending upon enemy's position when hit. If edgeguarding, the axe continues below ground level, ending when it hits the vertical surface.

U Smash: Deathly Arc
Hector takes the axe in both hands and swings the axe in a massive arc from behind him to in front of him, hitting whatever enemy might be unfortunate enough to be standing in that location. Deals out heavy damage, 25%, leaves him wide open as he arcs the blade from attacks from either side, takes a bit to get started up, and has a long delay after the swing. Extreme Horizontal and Vertical Knockback.

D Smash: Titan's Rage
Hector swings the axe heavily at the ground, causing an impact around himself as a result of the raw strength of the blow, this shows up as a small blue energy shockwave around him. Very short range, obviously. 20%, the fastest of his smashes but still slow compared to others. High Horizontal and Vertical Knockback.

Aerial Attacks
N Air: Axe Swing
Obviously, due to Hector's weak aerials, you should only use this under desperate measures. Hector simply swings the axe next to him and slightly below him, the axe moving rather slowly. Not to be relied upon as an effective move, only as a last resort. 15% damage, medium Knockback.

F Air: Fiery Wheel
Hector spins around in the air, holding his axe in front as he does so, causing multiple hits if the enemy sticks around enough. 7% for each hits, maximum total of 2 hits, minimal knockback.

B Air: Backdraft
Hector swings his axe rather quickly behind him with one hand on a horizontal plane, only hitting those on the same height as him. Easily one of Hector's best Aerial moves simply because of the fact that it knocks back quite a bit. 15% damage, high Knockback.

U Air: Hectorcopter
Stealing a move directly from Ike, Hector spins the axe around above him to hit anyone that might possibly be above him. This attack is rather weak. 12% damage, Medium Knockback.

D Air: Axe Spike
Hector stops in midair for a moment and rushes down with the axe, imitating the last stage of his Up+B Aerial maneuver. How it imitates it is simple: Hector simply holds the axe outwards in front of him as he descends, meaning this is a rare D Air move that doesn't hit directly below, but rather, below and to the right/left, depending upon what direction Hector is facing. This does a large amount of damage, and is recommended for when you want to get on the ground as fast as possible, but has the obvious weakness of having a large lag once you finally hit the ground. 20% damage, Meteor Smash, High Knockback.

Specials
B: Wolf Charge
This is Hector's chargeable move, as all FE cast members seemingly have, but this differs. Rather than staying immobile with the attack, Hector moves forwards a bit, charging. The moving part only applies when Hector is on the ground. Can be charged indefinitely.
No Charge: Hector moves forwards a small amount and smashes the axe in an arc towards the ground, dealing about 12% damage, with medium knockback. Low Lag. <2 secs Charge.
Partial Charge: Hector moves forwards a bit more and smashes the axe yet again in an arc towards the ground, dealing about 15% damage, with high Knockback. Medium Lag. 2-4 secs Charge.
Full Charge: Hector charges forwards quickly, and if an enemy is hit by the charge and is shielding, the shield is broken, allowing for Hector to essentially have a shield-breaking maneuver. 20% Damage, with Extreme Knockback. High Lag. <4 secs Charge.

Notes on Wolf Charge: If Hector is stopped prematurely by anything hittable, he will stop and hit the object prematurely. The lag from this move depends upon the amount of charging.

B Side: Tomahawk
Hector pulls out a tomahawk and throws it in front of him, acting much as Link's Boomerang but instead stopping when it hits something, causing about 12% damage and very low knockback. Plenty of lag. Hector's ONLY ranged attack.

B Up: Wolf Beil:
Hector, in a classic maneuver from Fire Emblem, holds the axe behind him in both hands, and charges up. The more he charges up, the further he will go, although most certainly his attack is not designed to go very far in the first place. He leaps up when the player is finished charging, and moves forwards a slight bit, coming down with a force unrivaled. If Hector encounters an enemy underneath him before the end of his flight, he will automatically go downwards onto the enemy, unless the player holds B during the entire attack, allowing Hector to jump over enemies too quickly for them to react.
No Charge: Hector leaps a short distance, not even enough to clear over a character's head, and brings the axe down for 15%. Medium Knockback, low lag.
Partial Charge: Hector leaps a bit further, and can go over other characters now, although only if they are right in front of him. He brings the axe down for 20%, high knockback, medium lag.
Full Charge: Hector leaps high up, bringing his axe down with a vengeance, causing 30% damage, with extreme knockback, and a large lag afterwards.

B Down: Hector Tornado
Hector whirls around with the axe in a tornado fashion, gaining invulnerability to attacks from the side while he is doing it, although he is still vulnerable to attacks from above. Multiple strikes, 8 strikes in total, each strike doing 3%.

Final Smash
Armads
When Hector grabs the Final Smash ball, you know that things are about to get much, much worse for his enemies. Using the final smash, he throws Wolf Beil into the sky, where it turns into Armads for 20 seconds, effectively giving him double range with his attacks, double damage, and double knockback. However, his Final Smash is one of the few unique ones where Hector is still able to be attacked and damaged while the FS is still going on, allowing enemies the chance to end the Final Smash early by KOing him if he isn't paying attention.

Taunts
Up Taunt
Hector acts out the first stages of his critical strike maneuver from Fire Emblem, laughing slightly.

Side Taunt
Hector holds his axe like a fencing rapier and does a fake parry with it, saying, "I'm not even trying here."

Down Taunt
Hector swings his axe into the ground and wipes sweat from his brow, saying, "Why does he fight for his friends?"

Entrance
Hector leaps in from the sky, causing the ground to shatter somewhat, saying, "It's time to fight!"

Victory Poses
Up
Hector swings the axe and then hoists it onto his shoulder, giving a thumbs up, and says, "I savor the taste of victory!"

Side
Hector is shown sitting down on the ground, his axe by his side, as he says, "I didn't even break a sweat."

Down
Hector slams his axe into the ground, and wipes a bit of sweat from his brow, saying, "Whew, made me work a bit."

Loss
Hector looks downright pissed, as he slams his axe into the ground once more.

Pros
+ Insane Damage
+ Insane Knockback
+ Wide Arc On Many Moves
+ Extremely Effective On Ground

Neutral
/ Heavyweight

Contras
- Slow Movement
- Slow Attacker
- Bad Third Jump
- Bad Jumper
- Horrible Aerial Abilities

Additional Stuff~

Codec Converation
Snake: "Ugh! That axe is almost as big as me!"
Colonel: "Snake, that's Hector, a Prince of Ostia. His close combat skills are unparalleled."
Snake: "That strong, huh? He looks awfully young to be a strong warrior."
Colonel: "Don't underestimate him just because of that, once you get inside of his axe's arc, you'll find out soon enough how powerful he really is."
Snake: "Well, at least he isn't always saying, 'I fight for my friends'."

Unlock Message
Hector, Prince of Ostia, has joined the Brawl!

Credits Song for Single Player
Fire Emblem - Together, We Ride!

Logo
Same Logo as Marth and Ike.

I copied the format directly from the guy who did Guntz on the first page. This is my first entry, so feel free to be painstakingly critical of every single thing I did on this.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Well, that's good for a first moveset, but some of the damage %s, especially the aerials, are broken pretty badly, and some of his moves seem a little too similar to other characters'. Don't worry, though, my first was WAY too broken, though not in the same way. You'll get better as time goes on. But yeah, it's still good for your first one. Plus, unlike mine, it doesn't burn your eyes to look at it. Oh, and I copied my setup directly from Dimentio, by MasterWarlord, who you may want to please, as well as any of the other majors: SirKibble, Spadefox, Chris(though he's not on as much lately...), among other gods of the MYM forums.

LockeCarnelia

Smash Rookie
Thanks for some feedback. I just want to see Hector in SSB, and this wouldn't be too far off of how I want to see him done. I wanted to make his aerial game weak, to make him focus on being a straight-up melee brawler-type, as shown by the Wolf Charge and the Wolf Beil attack.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Hector wasn't bad for a first set, but a lot of moves seemed pretty generic.

The Neutral B was the first thing I noticed. "This is Hector's chargeable move, as all FE cast members seemingly have"

In this contest, you aren't bound by whether they can actually get into the game with a set like that. Feel free to be as creative (but still in character) as your mind allows.

BTW, in this contest, I am seen as the FE fanatic.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I'm one of the few that's actually on here most of the time...You can usually rely on me to review or comment. I see that you wanted to make his aerial game weak, but you may want to lower the damage on some of those, notably the Nair, 15% is weak for a smash, but pretty strong for aerials.
Chris makes a good point, they are a little bland, but nothing that can't be fixed...I had to edit Haru about twenty times cause he had some moves that had small or no real descriptions. And yeah, he's the Fire Emblem Lord*coughcough* here. If ever you need to know something about FE, just ask him. He can answer it, though he might not...

Salvo Fenris

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I think the high damage goes with Hector quite well. Making it lower would have been more possible if a certain "Ike" didn't already exist- Hector's damage should be higher. This (from a skim) seems to be balanced-ish with lag, though for some, you might consider lowering damage or increasing lag. Aerials and their rather high %'s could be reworked a tad; I don't think any aerial should do 20%, personally. More specifics on lag for the aerials could make them seem more balanced.

I must again emphasize this is all from a skim.

HOWEVER: This is, in my opinion, a pretty good first moveset. The organization is great, and it doesn't hurt to read. Other than lag on the aerials, the detail looks to be good. AND it's a non-sword using FE character, which is what I've been wanting in SSB for a LONG time.

EDIT: I also would like to say I'm by no means the best judge, having not posted a moveset myself yet. I'm just an experienced lurker. =P

EDIT 2: Also, forgot to say that you should try to avoid mimicking other moves; neutral special and up aerial, for example.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
HOWEVER: This is, in my opinion, a pretty good first moveset. The organization is great, and it doesn't hurt to read. Other than lag on the aerials, the detail looks to be good. AND it's a non-sword using FE character, which is what I've been wanting in SSB for a LONG time.
Um, what about Michaiah? And I think there's another on here, but I can't remember.

Salvo Fenris

Smash Apprentice
Um, what about Michaiah? And I think there's another on here, but I can't remember.
And Illyana. And Calil. And Haar. And probably some others. I said I've been wanting one in SSB, not MYM; there are already some in MYM, obviously. I still like to see non-sword users showing up. Swords are overdone (in actual SSB, anyhow).

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
For a first moveset, it's well-detailed and the coding and design is very good.

Attacks are bit on the generic side, however.

But really, I was surprised at your post count. Master lurker, you must be.

phatcat203

Smash Apprentice
Ah, see what you mean. It's the first axe FE, though, so there's that. Maybe someone will do Aaron next. Personally, I wish someone would do Zihark, I would, but I mainly stick to manga/anime style stuff.
^Whatchoo talkin bout, foo? They've only been here, well, not a month. They may have even just joined. And my first post was here. I'm not a lurker, or at least you can't prove it...

Smady

Smash Master
@Aeon: This is late, but I enjoyed reading the set. I found his up special of particular interest, this idea is unique. The idea of limitations and self-damage is a little kupo, though. Very good moveset in general.

In terms of presentation, you chose attractive banners for each section and it's all well put together - make sure to get rid of those B code errors, "[/colour]" and anything else there might be. Not much else needs changing, as others have covered it all.

This may be my favourite moveset of yours, Fox. :)

@Hector: A pretty effing great first moveset. Remember to give an equally-detailed description for each move, and, as others have said, keep percent damage in check - maybe you wanted to make him the strongest character due to his axe, but moves like his D-Air and down special are outrageous. You also seem to have missed out grabs and throws. Lastly, don't use other characters as premise for moves in such a way that it seems like you copied the idea and some moves do seem a little bland [the down special reminds me of the Luigi Tornado].

For a first moveset, though, it's decent.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
@Kibble= Gemini Man, whilst not your best moveset, was a really fun read, and wasn't too overcomplicated, so well done.

:)

@ Hyper_Ridley= Hurry up and make the Bass moveset 'kay! :laugh:

@ LockeCarnelia= Hector was decent for a first moveset, but Hector Tornado frightens me.
It's.... It's not like Mach Tornado is it???

Edit= I am going to put Erol on hold, as he'll take a bit of time, due to transformations and everything.
However, I may make a new Pokemon moveset to cover up the mistake that was Tyrogue :laugh:
What Pokemon have been done in MYM?
I was thinking about making Alakazakm, but I'd presume that he's been made already. If he has then I'll try something else.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Ah, so it's already almost over?

Well, then I'll save my next moveset for MYM5.

Unless it's still happening.

Because I may have enough time to get back to set-making.

PLANS:

Amaterasu- The White Goddess from Okami returns with a vengeance!
Hi Smashbot. Welcome back.

And I hate you, I was thinking of doing her ¬¬

<><> GEMINI MAN <><>
:bee:

Awesome! I love the mechanic.

In terms of presentation, you chose attractive banners for each section and it's all well put together - make sure to get rid of those B code errors, "[/colour]" and anything else there might be. Not much else needs changing, as others have covered it all.
Wow, 2 of 'em, and only in the beginning. Really many of them. ¬¬

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Since I never officially announced my MYM5 sets, here we go:

In this order
Mr. Saturn, Gary Larson, Cosmic Mario, Mimi, Croc, Dugtrio or Diglet, Yokuba, Biospark and a few other Kirby guys, Rat, Dig Dug, Pooka and Fygar

What'dy'all think?
I think that's way more than you can handle. Trust me, you won't end up doing all of them.

Anyways, how long do these things usually last? Like seven hundred pages or so?
Eh, we'll see.

Ah, so it's already almost over?

Well, then I'll save my next moveset for MYM5.

Unless it's still happening.
Oh it's still happening. If I were to ballpark it, I'd say you've got around a month left, give or take a week. Glad you're back (and making Ammy) though. :bee:

<><> GEMINI MAN <><>
I enjoyed this. Especially since I've been getting my ass handed to me lately by this guy since I downloaded Mega Man 3 on my Wii.

...But, uh...

...Maybe...maybe it's just me...but the page format cut off the "<>s", and put them on different lines. So where it should say:

<> Gemini Man <>

it instead reads:

<> Gemini Man
<>

That happened a few other times throughout the 'set, and it marred what was otherwise a flawless execution (for me).
Is Chief Mendez still going to win? Because I'll be out otherwise.

So, what else major has happened?
I probably won't be taking the top spot again, if I have my way. :chuckle:

Other major things include an addition of one of those "xat" chatrooms (check the social group for the link), a Wikia (ask someone else), and maybe some changes in The Stadium (check my sig)...though I don't remember what that thing's status was when you left, so maybe you're already aware of it.

majora_787

Smash Hero
=P I'm putting the skins on photobucket, I'll post them in another post after I post them in Ghor's page.

EDIT: Ghor's skins are on his posts, please go check them out. I'll post them in a later post. =P

LockeCarnelia

Smash Rookie
Thanks all of you for the comments.

Really, for the Hector Tornado, I couldn't think of anything better to put in down B that would work.

And yeah, Neutral B might seem a little Generic, however, I think the mechanic of how it works is fairly unique.

I preeeetty much joined this forum yesterday and spent about an hour or so working on this, at breakneck speed, so my descs are pretty much by necessity short, simple, and vague as hell, I realize this, and yeah, I see what you mean by the damage being unbalanced. If I had any real scope of lag and how my character would be affected, I could fix the lag issues. Same with Damage. But hey. *shrug*

I was REALLY surprised no one paid any attention to the Dash-A Attack, especially how it made Hector able to keep on running after doing it, and a bit surprised that someone didn't nail me to a wall for screwing up Armads somehow.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Gemini Man is epic and surpasses my expectations and is now my favorite moveset in this contest so far.

It looks like we're having a rise for Robot Masters in MYM. *readies Buster*

EDIT: Hector looks great, for a newcomer. When we say "for a newcomer" it's because most newcomers post crap movesets. I'm glad their stepping up. Welcome to Smashboards and MYM, and enjoy your stay.

The newcomers have been posting good movesets lately. I remember my first post was in MYM3, and I made Fierce Deity Link, which made it into the top 50. Good times...

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
The newcomers have been posting good movesets lately. I remember my first post was in MYM3, and I made Fierce Deity Link, which made it into the top 50. Good times...
Hehe, that happened to me, too. Ah, the days when a horrible moveset like Magikoopa could make it into the Top 50... Seriously, though, you people who voted for it still have to answer for picking it over Kovomaka Students or another one of Chris's.

So to elaborate on Gemini Man, it's pretty much exactly what I hoped it'd be, fantastic. If I have my way, I'll be reviewing this one. :bee: The only thing is, I'd have to echo flyinfilipino here: put the Specials at the beginning. I know your whole "building up" mentality, but when the specials are so crucial to how the moveset works, they really should be at the start, no?

So to elaborate on Aeon, I think I still prefer Kefka, although this may be a close second. The Specials are fascinating (an interesting reverse on your main MYM 3 problem, dull specials) while the standard attacks feel, at times, a bit generic. Not too badly, but it's there. I mean, the playstyle and overall character of the moveset still make it one of my favourites from you, but that little nitpick keeps me from calling it your best.

So to... comment on Hector, as everyone has said, it's very well done. You say your goal was to successfully implement him into the game, and you did just that. A few of the attacks are somewhat predictable, but hey, it's your first, and as everyone has said, it's great, especially for a first. You picked a good moveset to copy the layout from, too. :bee:

*phew*

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
So to elaborate on Aeon, I think I still prefer Kefka, although this may be a close second. The Specials are fascinating (an interesting reverse on your main MYM 3 problem, dull specials) while the standard attacks feel, at times, a bit generic. Not too badly, but it's there. I mean, the playstyle and overall character of the moveset still make it one of my favourites from you, but that little nitpick keeps me from calling it your best.
Y'know, knowing acharacter only from watching a couple of YouTube videos and reading the (Game series) Wiki entry doesn't help a lot.
I've made Aeon without ever playing Castlevania Judgment. I made him based on like... 5 videos I've seen of footage from him and his entry on the CV-Wiki. As said, it's not easy like that. =/

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Y'know, knowing acharacter only from watching a couple of YouTube videos and reading the (Game series) Wiki entry doesn't help a lot.
I've made Aeon without ever playing Castlevania Judgment. I made him based on like... 5 videos I've seen of footage from him and his entry on the CV-Wiki. As said, it's not easy like that. =/
Well, that's pretty impressive, then. I'm not criticizing you, Spade, it's a great moveset. I'd still take Kefka, but that's just me.

Smady

Smash Master
<><> GEMINI MAN <><>

I almost missed this! Like Aeon, a truly brilliant idea and one of the best couple-sets I've ever seen. The attacks are all really imaginative in their combined forms, although several of the singular ones are kind of bland - maybe it's just my inquisition to question 'laser' attacks when used several times. Also, the idea of an immortal laser or blast sounds a little crazy. :laugh:

Compared to S&B, it's hard to forgo the the nostalgia... but this one is one the same level in terms of quality.

In short, another good one, Kibble.

Dokutayuu

Smash Apprentice
XD, OoT took me a good while to complete. Curse you water temple!

I'm really impressed about that, I was under the impression you'd played the game at the very least.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
OoT is the best Zelda game ever, although it may tie with LttP.

Spade... are you really a cop?

Baloo

Smash Ace
Yay!:bee:

Gemini Man is great. Really. It is. It's among the best in the contest. Yeah, so probably a super vote. Yay. But put the specials at the beginning.

Hector is amazing for a first moveset, it makes me ashamed.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Very good set Kibble. I don't like it quite as much as S+B or SSH... but its still a vote-worthy set (there are so many of those though)... The duplication mechanic, as has been said before, is good and the side B is a nice but simple concept.
Thanks, Chris!!

@Kibble= Gemini Man, whilst not your best moveset, was a really fun read, and wasn't too overcomplicated, so well done.

:)
Glad to hear that! I worried more than a few times about how complicated some things might have been, so thank you!

:bee:

Awesome! I love the mechanic.
Thank you, Spade!

I enjoyed this. Especially since I've been getting my ass handed to me lately by this guy since I downloaded Mega Man 3 on my Wii.

...But, uh...

...Maybe...maybe it's just me...but the page format cut off the "<>s", and put them on different lines. So where it should say:

<> Gemini Man <>

it instead reads:

<> Gemini Man
<>

That happened a few other times throughout the 'set, and it marred what was otherwise a flawless execution (for me).
Noooooooooooooooooo!!!

:ohwell:

It comes out fine for me, and I even tested it without the special font for those who wouldn't be able to see it... Blast. I guess I'll... Uh... Make them smaller... or something...

Gemini Man is epic and surpasses my expectations and is now my favorite moveset in this contest so far.

It looks like we're having a rise for Robot Masters in MYM. *readies Buster*
Size 7 epic?! Favorite moveset in the contest?! Wow, Khold!! Thanks a ton!! *gives cookie*

So to elaborate on Gemini Man, it's pretty much exactly what I hoped it'd be, fantastic. If I have my way, I'll be reviewing this one. :bee: The only thing is, I'd have to echo flyinfilipino here: put the Specials at the beginning. I know your whole "building up" mentality, but when the specials are so crucial to how the moveset works, they really should be at the start, no?
Thanks much! Yeah, I hear ya. I'll put the Specials early, much as I dislike it.[/QUOTE]

I almost missed this! Like Aeon, a truly brilliant idea and one of the best couple-sets I've ever seen. The attacks are all really imaginative in their combined forms, although several of the singular ones are kind of bland - maybe it's just my inquisition to question 'laser' attacks when used several times. Also, the idea of an immortal laser or blast sounds a little crazy. :laugh:

Compared to S&B, it's hard to forgo the the nostalgia... but this one is one the same level in terms of quality.

In short, another good one, Kibble.
The singular ones being bland was sort of the idea. In a way, I think it illustrates how you can turn a boring attack into a more interesting one. ;)

Immortal laser? What immortal laser? :confused:

Anyway, really glad you liked it! :bee:

Yay!:bee:

Gemini Man is great. Really. It is. It's among the best in the contest. Yeah, so probably a super vote. Yay. But put the specials at the beginning.
Careful giving out those super votes. You only get a few! :laugh:

Anyway, thanks, Baloo! Glad you liked it so much! And yeah, I'll be putting the Specials toward the beginning.

Smady

Smash Master
The singular ones being bland was sort of the idea. In a way, I think it illustrates how you can turn a boring attack into a more interesting one. ;)

Immortal laser? What immortal laser? :confused:

Anyway, really glad you liked it! :bee:
Immortal laser = keeps on going forever.

There's nothing really to complain about with the moveset, it's an excellent set.

Baloo

Smash Ace
@Chief Mendez: Well, obviously I won't have all of them done in MYM5, but maybe MYM6? And I have about eight sets already in this one, with two more planned and one of those two almost done.

Dokutayuu

Smash Apprentice
Where did you get that?

And Link's Awakening is the best Zelda game period.
If it's the one with that funky Dream fish, I think it could be in the running for it. Definitely the best GB/GBC Zelda.

One question about Gemini Man? If he uses his side-B and hits say a spiked wall, will it act like he touched it?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Immortal laser = keeps on going forever.

There's nothing really to complain about with the moveset, it's an excellent set.
It doesn't go forever. :bee:

But yeah, I can see how it could be a pain anyway. I'll put some thought into a possible fix.

One question about Gemini Man? If he uses his side-B and hits say a spiked wall, will it act like he touched it?
On his own, no, since he doesn't actually move. If he used it with a duplicate, though, the duplicate would hit the spiked wall.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Size 7 epic?! Favorite moveset in the contest?! Wow, Khold!! Thanks a ton!! *gives cookie*
NOM NOM NOM

Where did you get that?

And Link's Awakening is the best Zelda game period.
I remembered your MYM3 Spadefox moveset.

BEST ZELDA GAMES:
1. Ocarina of Time
2. A Link to the Past
3. Twilight Princess
4. Legend of Zelda (the first one)
5. Minish Cap
6. Majora's Mask
7. Link's Awakening
8. Wind Waker
9. Adventure of Link
10. Oracle of Seasons

Status