• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smady

Smash Master
[FONT="DEATH FONT ver1.0"]She's one of the hottest anime girls known to mankind!!! Misa Amane joins the brawl!!!![/FONT]
Interesting concept with the note, but it's quite broken. The moveset is far from your best, which is Sasuke, I feel. You seem to have had problems with the character. The collecting of 'clues' is indeed intriguing, but if I were to be pedantic, it wouldn't be fun in Smash. For what it is, you did alright - basically needs more editing.

▲▲

This creature will send shivers down your spine...

Ah, the Shadow Beast from Twilight Princess. Maybe your best, Khold. The adaptations of the portals are genius, and the entire moveset is well-inspired. Some presentations quirks are irritating, namely the INYOURFACE purple and the lack of proper paraphrasing in parts, and I think some pictures were definitely in order as well as a playstyle section. However, the moveset itself is good. :chuckle:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
So... If Spade has a blue name, the color announces him as male, so we can't use the funny-for-one-second feminine name. I C WAT U DED THER!!!!!

But wait!!! That means that since SkylerOcon and MasterWarlord have pink names, and pink usually repesents femininicity... I can understand Skyler, but MASTERWARLORD!?!?!?!?!?!?
... Uh. Yea. Right. I'm hosting a tournament so you won't call me Spayed anymore.

If Tournament Directors were Magenta, I'd still use the color.

REALLY needs a playstyle section. If you ad that I could vote for it...
Why does it REALLY need one? And you can vote for it.

Seriously, your comments are totally *ssy, Akiak. You act like you'd be the elite of moveset making. You always put down movesets for no reason. And you know - just saying - that you've earned my personal disgust when you said that from my Story Mode only the organization was great and the content sh*t. Seriously, man, knock it off. I'd prefer you NOT commenting than your hidden insults.

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
I doubt that anyone cares but my first moveset for Paul Ferenc from Far Cry 2 is coming along nicely, I should be done with it in less than a day, unless something interupts and I have to fit it in around school. Specials are finished, smashes and tilts only need a little info added, and I have a good idea of what the aerials will be, but for now, Goodnight!

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Interesting concept with the note, but it's quite broken. The moveset is far from your best, which is Sasuke, I feel. You seem to have had problems with the character. The collecting of 'clues' is indeed intriguing, but if I were to be pedantic, it wouldn't be fun in Smash. For what it is, you did alright - basically needs more editing.
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT.

Misa is just a solely for fun moveset only. Plus...for some reason, i need Misa to be in my SSE now. I do not expect her to win at all. If this moveset does win a place in the top 50, then it's a bonus for me. I know it's far from my best, i just wanted to see what i could do with Misa. So, whatever you do, don't vote for this moveset lol. Sasuke, Three Days Grace (lol), Guillo, Kalas, and mmmayyybbeee Gaara, and Trunks are my best. Yes i know i already said that, but STILL.

BAH.

I'm probably not going to edit it anymore.

EDIT: @Tanookie: lol, i missed your comment. Thanks man. I definately recommend Death Note to watch. It's a really good anime if you like mystery, death, and.......a good story lol.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Believe it or not, I'm still working on Banjo-Kazooie. Link is in my sig, as always, if you want to check out how the Bear/Bird are doing.
I like how you go into %s and speeds and such with the moves, that makes it a lot more technical. I think this a good set that keeps getting overlooked. Plus, it has a dojo image. No other moveset in this contest has that.

Misa was great. I feel like I wanna watch Death Note now...I heard it was good. Anyway, Misa looks like fun and I love her Neutral B, as many have stated.

Twilight Beast was great too. Very well-detailed and true to character. I loved his special mechanic as well.

And HOLY EFFIN' EFF, SPADE'S GOT A BLUE NAME!
Thanks!

Your opinion is no longer valid. No srsly, get out of my thread now.

*Goes to rever title to smash lord*
NOOOOOO! I liek ur blu naem

I totally read Shadow Beast.

The Up-B is simply phenomenal. The stage sucking thing is great and makes him very unique. The others are nice too, especially the Side-B but the up remains the best. The other moves are nice too, like F-Tilt or Up-Smash. REALLY needs a playstyle section. If you ad that I could vote for it...
Ummm.... it really needs a playstyle section? Okay... I'll add that... Thanks!

Ah, the Shadow Beast from Twilight Princess. Maybe your best, Khold. The adaptations of the portals are genius, and the entire moveset is well-inspired. Some presentations quirks are irritating, namely the INYOURFACE purple and the lack of proper paraphrasing in parts, and I think some pictures were definitely in order as well as a playstyle section. However, the moveset itself is good. :chuckle:
Really? My best? Thanks!

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm working on 02's specials at the moment. After are attacks, and then extras. This could take a while. :laugh:

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Shadow Beast's awesome, Kholdstare, but now I'm allergic to purple...Anyways, Vergil isn't coming along as fast as I thought. His Regular and Side Specials are done, but that's about it.
The best way to get moves for Vergil is to play Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition, because he has tons of moves on that.

I've read Misa and Shadow Beast.

Misa was a fun moveset, and whilst not your best, it was a lot funner than Three Days Grace.

Shadow Beast was one of your best movesets Kholdstare :).

A few moves were a little underdetailed, but that doesn't stop it from being great.

Tornadith

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance _______________ on __________ Day,
It would be nice to hear about how far upwards this move carries him, how well it works as a recovery, and how hard it is to connect with the enemy.
Because as it stands now, all I can picture in my mind, is Allegretto doing a Dolphin Slash.

edit: I'm sure you've noticed already, but I'm doing Viola. I salute your good taste in games.
Allegretto Preview. Comments are appreciated.

Up B - Sky Divider

Allegretto sweeps his sword upwards, brings it down and then jumps while sweeping his sword upwards, obviously going much higher while yelling "Sky Divider!". This attack does NOT capture the opponent so they can DI out of it, yet it's a bit hard. This move is mainly for knockback, not so much damage. But the knockback is AMAZING. And if this move is ?????? at 32...it's pretty much auto-kill at like 25%. This attack is one of Allegretto's least laggy specials. It still has a start-up of about .25 seconds and has quite a bit of lag afterwards, which really doesn't matter because the opponent will be knocked down at pretty much any percent or killed. The frozen startup at 24 and 32 does not affect this special that much. This attack does not have much range at all, making you be pretty much right next to the opponent to do it. This attack can be used as a recovery also (Cuz it's an Up-B) and when used in the air, Allegretto does not get much height at all from the first slash, but the second one is what carries him up the most. It is probably and average recovery, not being too great or too bad. One of the special things about this recovery (which can be good or bad depending on the situation) is that the more ????? you have, the higher Allegretto will go in his recovery. If you get him to 24 or 32, he will freeze as normal and it's a great recovery. The bad thing about this is that if you get a lot of ????? and you are forced to use this, they're kind of wasted. But at least you still get back on the stage! Even though there are other ways for Allegretto to get back to the stage...suspense....

Two Hits

Regular : 3% + 4% = 7% with average knockback and 3 stage builder blocks upwards.
4 ?????? : 4% + 6% = 10% with average knockback and 3 stage builder blocks upwards.
8 ?????? : 6% + 7% = 13% with good knockback and 3.5 stage builder blocks upwards.
12 ?????? : 8% + 9% = 17% with good knockback and 4 stage builder blocks upwards.
16 ?????? : 10% + 12% = 21% with great knockback and 4 stage builder blocks upwards.
24 ?????? : 13% + 14% = 27% with amazing knockback and 5.5 stage builder blocks upwards
32 ?????? : 15% + 15% = 30% with GOD-LIKE knocback and 6.5 stage builder blocks upwards.
Alright I edited it so it is much more specific. Anything else that I'm missing?
Comments appreciated

Akiak

Smash Ace
Why does it REALLY need one? And you can vote for it.

Seriously, your comments are totally *ssy, Akiak. You act like you'd be the elite of moveset making. You always put down movesets for no reason. And you know - just saying - that you've earned my personal disgust when you said that from my Story Mode only the organization was great and the content sh*t. Seriously, man, knock it off. I'd prefer you NOT commenting than your hidden insults.
I never said that! :urg:

I'm just nitpicking. I mean, its a very unique moveset which would have had a very nice playstyle. I thought it would be a pity for it not to have one. I don't think I'm the best or that I'm even good compared to others. I just always look for something bad with a moveset. Even the most minimal thing. I should stop doing that from now on...

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
I never said that! :urg:

I'm just nitpicking. I mean, its a very unique moveset which would have had a very nice playstyle. I thought it would be a pity for it not to have one. I don't think I'm the best or that I'm even good compared to others. I just always look for something bad with a moveset. Even the most minimal thing. I should stop doing that from now on...
It's okay, I respect your comments and learn from them. I understand constructive criticism.

In the immortal words of SirKibble, "There's three things in life you can't avoid. Death, taxes, and making Spade angry at least once."

Akiak

Smash Ace
Okay thanks Khold. What noble words!

Spade this is my comment on your SSE:

Read your chapter Spayed. You're definetely one of the best SSE makers there are. That beautiful organization with links to songs and all is fabulous. Content is pretty nice too but the organization is what makes it stand out.
What wrong with this comment?

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT.
Don't be so repulsed by criticism, it's there to help. Instead, be flattered and grateful that someone took the time to read your work thoroughly with an ascertive opinion of it, and encourages improvement as a result.

Anyway, sorry for not being active too much in the thread - you're moving too. Dang. Fast. I was going to comment on the Paper Mario moveset but before I could thoroughly read it we're already 20 pages beyond.

Though one thought has entered my mind which I'm eager to discuss - what's everyone's view on fidelity to the character's game (or other)?

Allow me to elaborate; several movesets that come across here are well established, researched, and often stick true to the character. One of the main recurring facets is borrowing numerous attacks, abilities and functions from their game. I like the odd nod here and there to them, and when done right it's among the most impressive of all things that could possibly be done. But sometimes there are attacks that are almost shoe-horned in, or feel too much like the actual character if you know what I mean. It ends up relating move-making almost more to an even simpler jigsaw puzzle than a more, for lack of a better term, 'creative' one. I'm not talking about feel of the character of course, as that is in my opinion one of the greatest priorities of a moveset, but of the connected use of attacks.

So the question is "Is relying on character background too much a bad thing?" Discuss?

majora_787

Smash Hero
[vB]Tail Blot
02 twitches violently as a short, sharp-looking green tail emerges from its underside. While 02 is making its tail, he will not flinch. However, there will be enough time to hit him with two well-timed falcon punches. When the tail is fully formed, 02 will point his tail in the direction you point the control stick, and shoot globs of green liquid from it. The liquid moves very slowly through the air, and moves through items and the stage its self. The blobs expand and contract, so they have no deffinate size. However, they do not get smaller than Olimar or bigger than Mario. They do about 10% each and do no knockback. 02 will hold the position for six seconds, unless he takes 20% or more from one attack while firing. When the move ends, 02 becomes vulnerable, for he slowly flips back over to his regular position.

=P I hope this turns out well. I'm sure now that I can get this done in a month.

EDIT: Sorry about the uses of his and its like that. I know 02 has no gender, but it's just a habit I have where I call something with no gender "he" when doing a project on them.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT.
Don't be so repulsed by criticism, it's there to help. Instead, be flattered and grateful that someone took the time to read your work thoroughly with an ascertive opinion of it, and encourages improvement as a result.

Anyway, sorry for not being active too much in the thread - you're moving too. Dang. Fast. I was going to comment on the Paper Mario moveset but before I could thoroughly read it we're already 20 pages beyond.

Though one thought has entered my mind which I'm eager to discuss - what's everyone's view on fidelity to the character's game (or other)?

Allow me to elaborate; several movesets that come across here are well established, researched, and often stick true to the character. One of the main recurring facets is borrowing numerous attacks, abilities and functions from their game. I like the odd nod here and there to them, and when done right it's among the most impressive of all things that could possibly be done. But sometimes there are attacks that are almost shoe-horned in, or feel too much like the actual character if you know what I mean. It ends up relating move-making almost more to an even simpler jigsaw puzzle than a more, for lack of a better term, 'creative' one. I'm not talking about feel of the character of course, as that is in my opinion one of the greatest priorities of a moveset, but of the connected use of attacks.

So the question is "Is relying on character background too much a bad thing?" Discuss?

majora_787

Smash Hero

Did you have to post that twice? o_o

Anyway, guys, I wanna know how you think my 02 moveset is coming along. I know it's only one special, but I don't want to give you too much.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Good question, Mardyke. It's nice to see some actual discussion in this thread other outright move sets.

If it makes the move set incoherent, then yes I would say that it is possible to be "too in character". This is why I feel it is better to not just rip attacks out of the game, but rather, create moves BASED-ON the character's backgroun/abilities that fit into your move set's play style. For example, my Death move set had him using various original scythe-based attacks that were built to fit a power-character, as well as spirtitual moves that fit in the Grim-reaper persona, also made to emphasize Death's play style. Now, a few moves were ripped-from/heavily-inspire-by attacks from the games, but that's becuase those moves already fit into how I wanted Death to work.

TLDR: If a direct move fits into your move set's play style, then use it. Otherwise you're better off creating your own moves that are still withing the realm of the character's background.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Okay thanks Khold. What noble words!

Spade this is my comment on your SSE:

What wrong with this comment?
Maybe because you called him "Spayed" the term for a castrated female animal.

[vB]Tail Blot
02 twitches violently as a short, sharp-looking green tail emerges from its underside. While 02 is making its tail, he will not flinch. However, there will be enough time to hit him with two well-timed falcon punches. When the tail is fully formed, 02 will point his tail in the direction you point the control stick, and shoot globs of green liquid from it. The liquid moves very slowly through the air, and moves through items and the stage its self. The blobs expand and contract, so they have no deffinate size. However, they do not get smaller than Olimar or bigger than Mario. They do about 10% each and do no knockback. 02 will hold the position for six seconds, unless he takes 20% or more from one attack while firing. When the move ends, 02 becomes vulnerable, for he slowly flips back over to his regular position.

=P I hope this turns out well. I'm sure now that I can get this done in a month.

EDIT: Sorry about the uses of his and its like that. I know 02 has no gender, but it's just a habit I have where I call something with no gender "he" when doing a project on them.
Did you have to post that twice? o_o

Anyway, guys, I wanna know how you think my 02 moveset is coming along. I know it's only one special, but I don't want to give you too much.
02 looks swell, I'm looking forward to it.

EDIT: Who likes my new location? *points to the space under my avatar*

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
Maybe because you called him "Spayed" the term for a castrated female animal.

02 looks swell, I'm looking forward to it.

EDIT: Who likes my new location? *points to the space under my avatar*
:urg: Everyone here with an IQ of at least 10 knows that Spade hates being called that. That was one of the many reasons he became a Director (so that people would truly recognize him as a smart and intellectual male instead of part of a Bob Barker slogan).

By the way, you inspired me to do my own location funny.

#14 (we do it because we can!!!!)

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
IF YOU LOVE YOUTUBE POOP, THIS WILL BE THE MOVESET FOR YOU, IF YOU DON'T, STILL READ IT ANYWAY

SnooPINGAS usual I see

AOSTH/YTP Robotnik

Backstory

Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, a animated series by DIC Entertainment that first broadcast in 1993, featured Dr. Robotnik as the recurring villain. A pompous and short tempered despot, his only goal was to rule Planet Mobius. Notably, the design of Robotnik in this series was wildly different from his portrayal in the games - his mustache is much more rugged, his head is conical, and his eyes are black (his black eyes are reused in Sonic the Hedgehog). His costume vaguely resembles the red and black color scheme of his video game counterpart. At least once per episode, Robotnik declares his hatred of Sonic with his unmistakable catchphrase, "I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG!!"
Robotnik's main henchmen, Scratch and Grounder, aren't very intelligent, and frequently bungle the Doctor's attempts to kill (or at least imprison) Sonic and Tails. Robotnik once creates a robotic wife called Omalette (who malfunctioned when she came into contact with water) and a son called Robotnik Jr who defected to Sonic's side and was promptly disowned
This version of Robotnik is the one most frequently used in a massive YouTube phenomenon. Due to the close aural proximity of the words PING and AS in the sentence "Snooping as usual I see?" from Boogey Mania, he seems to be saying "pingas" or "*****". This can be attributed to the unique phrasing and voicing of the voice actor, Long John Baldry; it sometimes sounded as if Robotnik had two personalities simultaneously. To add to that, he also is allegedly saying "*****" in the episode, Sonic's Christmas Blast when he says "happiness" because of the emphasis he places on the PINESS in the word

Stats:

Power: 8.6/10
Walking Speed: 3.2/10
Dash speed: 3.9/10
Range: 7.9/10
Projectile distance: 7.1/10
Weight: 8.7/10
Drop Speed: 5.7/10
Size: 8.5/10
1st jump: 4.6/10
2nd Jump: 4.2/10
Aerial Movement: 6.2/10
Crouch: 3.9/10 This is what it looks like this:

Traction: 6.2/10
Combo: 6.3/10
Wall jump: no
Wall cling: no
Crawling: no
Glide: no
No of jumps: 2
Tether Recovery: no

Music

Tomorrow I'll (Robotnik ***** song)
It's from the show
Robotniks Tea Party
Robotnik wants his money back
Robotnik demands an explanation
Robotniks why's an demand

Specials:

Neutral B: PINGAS

SnooPINGAS usual I see

Animation:(This is a storage charge move) Robotnik looks down, and unzips his trousers, and sticks his hand in his pants. We can see the pants moving forward and back quickly. When this is fully charged, we see pants grow out a bit, and then a thick white liquid gushes out from his pants about 8.5 stage builder blocks wide, and is 1.5 stage builder blocks thick going upwards. When you press this move to charge this up, Robotnik will shout “COME ON”, and when you release this, he says in a relax tone “Yeahhh”.

Properties:You can only use this move if it’s fully charged. This takes about 6 seconds to fully charge. As stated in the animation, it reaches a very far distance. When you charge this, it has near no start-up lag, and can be rolled out of if the situations dangerous. When it’s fully charged, this has quite a bit of start-up and ending lag, and the duration is quite long. This move does many multiple hits, which is extremely hard to DI out off. From the start of this move, it can deal 35% with the final hit doing high knockback.

Uses:When you charge this up, be a very safe place. This will be very hard to charge up in one go, you should try to do little bit of charging up and various times, and with this huge range, make your opponent suffer for actually letting you charge this very long move.

Side B: Robotnik says the N word

Robotnik says the N-word (0:01 - 0:11)

Animation:Dr. Robotnik starts rambling on, and as he is doing so, he is jumping up and down, walking around in a circle on his own from time to time as he rambles on (The exact words are from the link above). But at the end of it, when he says “You… You Ni -” The screen flashes white for a long time (The duration of the beep in the above link), Doing a massive amount of knockback and damage to the enemy. In the air, he spins around, crouches into his body.

Properties:This takes a whole 10 seconds to happen, and it can’t be rolled out of. However, there is super armour frames at the beginning and last 2 seconds of the long speech. This has little start-up lag, and as soon as the white flash disappears, Dr. Robotnik can move as normal. This deals a hefty 40% and extremely high knockback. The range covers the whole screen, and it can’t be dodged.

Uses:If you manage to hit with this… Just say that the opponent is extremely terrible, I mean, 10 seconds to pull off, THAT TAKES FOREVER. This move is pretty much a one hit-ko if you DO hit it. Any advice for this move other than to NOT use it, is to use it on a huge stage like Hyrule temple, New Pork City, or any huge custom stage.

Up-B: Sub-Robotnikmarine

Animation:Robotnik jumps into a submarine which appears out of nowhere. The Submarine is roughly 2 stage builder blocks going horizontally and upwards. When you press A in the submarine, Robotnik will shout “Fire the torpedoes”, and the nose on the submarine will shoot out a long grey missile in the direction the submarine is facing. You have to jump out of it before the 4 second limit you can ride it, as it will explode on you. When you jump out of this, the Submarine falls downwards, and blows up if it touches a solid surface.

Properties:You control this by moving forward on the control stick, you also tilt the submarine up/down by moving the control stick up or down while holding the control stick forward. The Submarine takes 40% before blowing up before the time limit. The submarine goes 1.5 times faster than Luigis fireball. This has small amount of start-up, landing and ending lag. If you ram into someone in the submarine, it does 10% and mid-low knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. When the submarine explodes, it does 22% and high knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. The Missile travels slightly slower than Wolfs blaster. The rate you can use this is between every second. The missile travels about 1.5 times the range of Foxes blaster. This does 14% and mid-high knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. When Robotnik jumps out of the submarine, he jumps out about 2.5 stage builder blocks high.

Uses:This is an amazing recovery, it travels a large amount of area, incredibly hard for it too break before the time limit. If the opponent doesn’t know how to jump out of it, they will take the explosion, which will most likely kill them anyway.

Down B: Sonic Pulse Doll

Animation:Dr Robotnik pulls out a small sonic doll which has a string attached. Robotnik pulls the string, and the sonic doll shouts out “If you’re touched in a place that makes you uncomfortable, that’s too bad!”. This is said in 3 seconds. If the opponent hits the doll, the Sonic doll will jump and wrap around the opponents body, and makes a “humping” animation, which stuns the opponent in place for 3 seconds. If the opponent doesn’t hit the doll, Robotnik throws the doll onto the floor, and stomps on the floor, and says “I hate that hedgehog”

Properties:So you can tell this is a counter move right, though it isn’t as basic as the FE counters. This has decent range. This comes out quite quickly, with quite a bit of ending lag. Since the doll latches onto the enemy, it basically forces the enemy to take any move you next do.

Uses:This has a good use, it makes KOing easier, it makes comboing slightly easier, this has a wide amount of potential. Though, don’t miss, as you will potentially DIE.

Standard moves

Neutral A: NO!

Animation:Robotnik suddenly appears in his trusted Egg Mobile, but he doesn’t travel anywhere, instead, he leans forward from the Egg mobile, like the picture above, and shouts out “NO!” really loud.

Properties:This has decent range, and has a very small amount of super armour frames at the beginning of this move. This has little start-up lag, but quite a bit of ending lag. This does 7% and mid-low knockback.

Uses:This comes out quick, and since it has Super armour frames, it can push away the enemy if they are to close to Robotnik personal bubble.

Forward tilt: Space Channel Robotnik

Space Channel Robotnik

Animation:At first, Robotnik pulls out a big red cloth, and swings it around a short distance in front of himself. If you hit, you and the closest opponent will teleport into an orange background, with Dr. Robotnik behind a table. This takes a total of 6 (3 seconds long with both characters seconds to end) seconds and a total of 9 dance moves. At first, the camera will look at Robotnik, and you have to make a little “Dance” sequence with 5 actions, which you make by moving the control stick/d-pad up, left, right, down, and another action, shoot, which can be done by pressing the A button. You do this with the time which is stated above. After Robotnik issues his commands, the opponent has to correctly do it.

Properties:This has terrible range, and along with quite a long start-up and ending lag, it’s almost a move you want to avoid. However, this move can hurt Robotnik quite strongly, along with the opponent if they screw up. If the opponent failz to do this correctly, they will be dealt 20% and high-low knockback, which sends them horizontally. If the opponent correctly copies Robotniks movement, Robotnik will get dealt 22% and high-low knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally.

Uses:This is a great punisher, and try to make it as confusing as possible, If anything, you should make it so you barely hear Robotniks actions.

Up-Tilt: Fluff my pillows

It’s from the show (0:35)

Animation:Robotnik gets out a pillow from nowhere, a fluffs it extremely quickly before swinging it from his right to his left with his right hand. The pillow is white and rectangle shape. When you hit the opponent, feathers from the pillow will go out from it a tiny bit, and stick to the opponent.

Properties:The range of this is quite large vertically. This has a large amount of start-up, and a bit of ending lag. This does 10% and mid-low knockback, which sends the enemy vertically. When the opponent is hit by this, the feathers slow down the opponent slightly, and the speed goes down every time you hit the opponent with this, even if they already are slow down already, they get slowed down more. The length of which this stays on the opponent is up to 5 seconds (10 seconds if the opponent is hit by this more than once, and that means that if the opponent is hit by this at the 9th second, that means that they get more slowed down for just a second)

Uses: The slowing down of the opponent can make it easier to land some harder to hit moves on the opponent. Lets say there is 2 AOSTH Robotniks on one team, one Robotnik could be charging his neutral b/doing his side b and the other Robotnik could trap them and make them slow enough to not be able to stop the Robotnik doing the side-b/neutral b.

Down Tilt: Crude and Sludge

Animation:A big red switch (just smaller than Robotnik) appears from nowhere in front of Robotnik, and Robotnik pulls it back! A panel on the floor then opens up. If you use this on a floating platform, the opponent will fall through the platform, covered in brown sludge or whatever it is (this has no effect on gameplay). If this is used on a non-passable platform, the opponent will get stuck in the panel (doesn’t get the sticky stuff). This pretty much has the same effects as the pit-hole item. If you get hit before you pull the switch, the panel stays, but the switch disappears! And when you use this again, the panel will open which was left.

Properties:This has good range when you first do it. This has quite a bit of start-up and ending lag. This does 7% and always sticks the opponent into/through the floor. Opponents wiggle the control stick to get out of this, and it’s more easier the less percentage they have.

Uses:This has similar uses to his down-b, but they are more useful in different situations, I.E, You would use this at higher percentages, an you would uses his down-b at early percentages. In team matches (friendly fire on), you can make a panel appear, and let your team mate hit you with 1 jab, and you can control the stage much more effectively, and can produce good mindgames from it.

Dash attack: WHY WHY WHY?

Animation:Robotnik jumps onto a normal spinning computer chair, and he gets out a laptop, and he shouts “WHY WHY WHY” before closing the laptop down, and smashing it, making the laptop explode, and making Robotnik go backwards, although Robotnik does a set knockback every time and actually takes no damage.

Properties:This has 2 hit-boxes, the first being the dashing chair with Robotnik sitting on it, and the explosion of the laptop. Robotnik dashes on the chair for about 1/3 of Battlefield, and is sent about 1/4 of battlefield backwards by the explosion. This has little start-up and ending lag, but the duration of this move is quite long. The first hit-box does 6% and low –low knockback, which sends the opponent diagonally upwards. The second hit-box does 14% and high-low knockback, which sends the opponent diagonally upwards.

Uses:This is extremely difficult move to space the explosion. In a free-for-all, if any character was behind you while doing this move; you’ll expect yourself to be punished severely.

The Smash moves

Forward Smash: ADSVADM Atomizer

Robotnik wants his money back! (0:57)

Animation:Dr. Robotnik pulls out that weird object which Wes Wesley is holding from the picture above. He sticks the atomizer out with both hands, and it sends a green beam quite a good distance in front of Robotnik. If you fully charged this, at the end of the move, an orange ring will shoot out around the green laser.

Properties:This does electrical damage. The Beam reaches about 3 stage builder blocks in front of Robotnik, and is a stage builder block thick. This has quite a bit of start-up and ending lag, plus the duration is long as well. This does 9 multiple hits, with the final hit doing knockback. When uncharged, this can do a maximum of 18%, with the final hit doing mid knockback. When fully charged, this can do a maximum of 24%, with the final hit doing high-low knockback. The Orange ring travels about the speed of a Luigis fireball, and reaches about 4 stage builder blocks in front of Robotnik. This makes the opponent shrink 0.8 times smaller. This deals 7% and low-high knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. (the opponent stays like this for 6 seconds)

Uses:This has great range, and can drastically eats shield away if the opponent tries to shield it. This has great range, but can be punished if the opponent is in the air, or rolls behind you to smash you far. The shrink ness makes it easier to KO the opponnent, but not many people will let you fully charge this, and if they do, it’s easily avoidable anyway.

Up-Smash: Its from the show

Animation:Robotnik pulls out a letter, which has a AOSTH stamp on it. He sticks it up in the air, and a ceiling lamp appears about a stage block above Robotnik, and is shines a yellow light going down in a ^ direction. The whole of the stage darkens a tiny bit. The ceiling lamp does no damage. Dr. Robotnik will look at the letter and says in a happy tone “Oh, it’s from the show, from the show, from the show”.

Properties:The hit-box of this move is incredibly bad, only with the letter being the hit-box. However, when as Robotnik swings it up, when it reaches its peak first time, it has a strong hit-box. This has poor range as well. This has some start-up and ending lag. When uncharged when you hit the sweet-spot, it does 21% and electrical damage, which has high-low knockback which sends them upwards. When uncharged and you don’t hit the sweet-spot, it does 15% and mid-low knockback, which sends them upwards. When fully charged and the opponent is hit by the sweet-spot, it does 26% and high-high knockback. When fully charged and the opponent isn’t hit by the sweet-spot, it does 20% and mid-high knockback.

Uses:This is a great killer, killing Mario about 82% uncharged when the opponent is hit by the sweet-spot. This is unreliable finisher, however.

Down-Smash: Scratch launcher

Animation:Robotnik disappears for a moment, and Scratch (one of Robotniks henchmen) appears from nowhere in front of Robotniks last position, and is holding a plumber. A black hole appears where Robotnik was currently standing, and Scratch start plumbing the hole. Robotnik appears from the whole, and Scratch looks startled, and then Robotnik slaps Scratch harshly in the direction he is facing.

Properties:Scratch is invincible for the duration of this move. Scratch flies a bit faster than wolfs blaster, and the range is always about 8 stage builder blocks long. The strongest point of the move is when Scratch just gets slapped. This has quite a lot of start-up and ending lag. When Uncharged and when the opponent is hit by the sweet-spot does 19% and high-low knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. When the opponent isn’t hit by the sweet-spot, it does 9% and low knockback, which sends the opponent diagonally upwards. When fully charged and the opponent is hit by the sweet-spot, it does 24% and high-high knockback. When the opponent isn’t hit by the sweet-spot, this does 13% and mid-low knockback.

Uses:This is a strong yet more reliable KO move than his Up-smash. This can be used as a long distant Projectile (due to the start-up lag), and at the same time using this close up is a good KO move.

Aerial moves

Neutral Air: Whistle

Animation:Robotnik transforms into a giant train whistle thing, and it opens it’s mouth, which blows out a cloud for mostly the duration of this attack. At the tip of the cloud, it has the pushing attribute seen in Marios FLUDD. The strongest part of the move is when the mouth opens, which also sets the foe a blaze as well.

Properties:The hit-box is the cloud and the entire body of the move. This has quite low range compared to most of his moves. This has some start-up, ending and landing lag, but also has a long duration. The Sweet-spot does 15% and mid-high knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. The hit-box which is the entire body does 10% and mid knockback, which sends the opponent diagonally upwards. And the cloud does 7% and low-high knockback, which gets stronger by the force of the wind which sends the opponent horizontally.

Uses:This has good gimping abilities, and can also pack a punch at the same time, though this is quite punishable as the duration of this move is long.

Forward Air: Cup of tea?

Animation:Dr Robotnik leans forward with a boiling kettle in his right hand, but he accidentally tips it too far, and the brew of the tea pours down a infinite downward arc distance until it passes the blast zone. If the opponent is hit by the boiling tea, it forces the opponent to run around with limited control. Just think of this as when Mario/Wario gets touched by fire in their games, and they start running around. In the air, however, it does no effect like this. The effect lasts for 4 seconds.

Properties:The movement of the tea doesn’t have much range, but the tea that gets dropped has HUGE range, until the bottom of the blast zone or it hits solid ground. This has some start-up, ending and landing lag. The opponent runs at the same speed as they normally down, maybe a bit down for the speed of Falcon or Sonic. The tea hit-box is quite small; it does 8% and low-high knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. The tea does multiple hits, but it’s likely that you will only manage to get 3%, as the tea in the air actually does no hit-stun. When the opponent runs into an edge or obstacle, it automatically forces the opponent to turn around, so that this move is more balanced that the opponent isn’t helpless when he accidentally runs of the edge.

Uses:This can cause many traps, such as a long ranged D-tilt or D-air to trap the enemy, and clobber them with a F-tilt or something high rewarding.

Back Air: Toast?

Animation:Robotnik turns his body around a bit, and he gets out a toaster from nowhere, and sticks it out not that far. After about 0.4 seconds, 2 pieces of toast shoots out from the toaster in a downward arc.

Properties:The pieces of toast fly out about the speed of wolf’s blaster, and it flies for about 3 seconds before disappearing. The toaster sets the foe a blaze, and the hit-box is small, but not to the size of his F-air. Each toast does 3% and just a tiny bit of hit-stun. The toaster does 13% and mid knockback, which sends the foe horizontally.

Uses:The toast is a good projectile, as it goes a weird direction, so it can hit the opponents who are not on the stage and are vertically below the edge, and it can hit people who are at a similar height to you as well. The toaster also does good knockback.

Up Air: Freeze Banger

Animation:Robotnik looks up into the sky, and sticks a weird yellow thing with an extendable pipe thing, and points it upwards into the sky, and from the whole of the pipe, it sends a wind of snow about 2.5 stage builder blocks upwards. This does the snow effect, and sometimes changes the opponent into a block of ice.

Properties:This has great range. This has some start-up and ending lag, with quite a bit of landing lag. This does multiple hits. This does a total of 15% with the final hit doing mid-low knockback, which sends the opponent upwards.

Uses:This has some good damage, and it’s easy to be able to get all the hits in if the opponent is stuck in ice, this makes it hard to DI out off.

Down Air: Cut the monitors

Animation:When you first do this move, Robotnik pulls down a massive TV which shows various places on Mobius on, such as Scrap Heap Zone, or Robotniks fortress. The T.V, which is about 1.5 times a stage builder block size, stays in one spot. When you do D-air again, Robotnik holds a long wire, and while holding a big pair of scissors, and just before he cuts the wire, Robotnik shouts “Cut the monitors, cut the monitors”, and as soon as he cuts the wire, the television explodes.

Properties:The first hit-box is when Robotnik swings the Television. This has great range and priority. This part of the move has lots of start-up, ending and landing lag. This is a strong meteor smash which does 14%. When Robotnik uses this for the second time, this still has quite a lot of start-up and ending lag, but the move continues at the same point when you land onto the ground. The explosion deals 15% and high-low knockback, which sends the opponent diagonally upwards. The TV screen never disappears automatically.

Uses:This can be potentially be one of Robotniks most favourable move, you can plant this in the air, and set it off when the opponent is trying to recover, but you still have to use this quite early, as the setting of the explosion takes a long time to happen.

Grab

Grab attack: Phone ram

Animation:Robotnik holds the opponent with one hand, and gets a red telephone an rams it on the opponents head.

Properties:The time between each hit is quite long. Each hit does 3%.

Uses:To rack up damage before throwing the enemy, or to unstale some moves.

Forward Throw: Table toss

Animation:Robotnik first throws the opponent forward with both hands, and a table appears and Robotnik then throws the table over his head while shouting “GET OUT”. The table breaks in 2 when it hits an obstacle.

Properties:This happens quite quickly. The throw does 4% and mid-low knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. The table gets throw about 4 stage builder blocks horizontally. The table gets thrown about the speed of Wolfs blaster. The Table does 8% and mid knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally.

Uses:The table can be avoided if the opponent DI upwards, making this a worthless throw.

Back Throw: break that dam

Animation:That giant monkey appears from behind Robotnik, and so does a dam wall. Robotnik turns around and says “Break that dam” before pressing a red button on a remote control. After the monkey hits the dam twice, water gushes from the dam, doing multiple hits.

Properties:This takes a long time to happen. This also only does hit-stun at any percentage. The total this can do is 15%.

Uses:This can also be avoided quite easily with just a bit of DI, it seems powerful, but if you learned how to DI upwards, you can get out of it with about 6% dealt.

Up-throw: Senior ray

Animation:Robotnik first does a standard throw upwards, and then points a weapon upwards and shouts “I’ll catch you know”, and a light blue ray shoots upwards about 2 Marios upwards. The opponent will look older with winkles and such, being 1.2 times slower than normal.

Properties:This happens quite quickly. The throw does 4% and low-high knockback, which sends the enemy upwards. The senior ray deals only 3%, but the opponent stays slow for 5 seconds before returning back to normal.

Uses:Another throw that can be easily dodged with the use of DI, this can make it easier to catch the opponents and follow it up with other attacks if you hit it.

Down Throw: Stupidity Ray

Animation: Robotnik first throws the opponent on the ground, and butt stomps the opponent, and as they are flying away, Robotnik gets the stupidity ray out, and shoots a blast with it. When the opponent is hit by this, they get stunned like when you break the shield (Even jigglypuff) for 2.5 seconds.

Properties:This happens quick, the projectile looks similar to Wolfs blaster, and travels about 1.5 times faster than Luigis fireball. The projectile reaches 4/6s of Final destination. The butt stomp does 4% and mid-low knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. The projectile only does 4%.

Uses:This is another throw which can be avoided with DI, you can tell that Robotniks throw game isn’t that strong, as every throw can be DI’d away easily to limit the damage done.

Final Smash: GOD Robotnik

Robotnik grabs the final smash, and when you use this, a necklace appears around Robotniks neck with 4 chaos emeralds. Robotnik looks around and says while going larger and larger “I’ve got the 4 chaos emeralds, I’m now a god, and Mobius will have to surrender!” Robotnik grows taller, and it rips his cloths off, he pretty much takes up the whole of the background. Robotnik is invincible for the duration of this. He stays like this for 15 seconds. Here are his moves:

Neutral A: Hand Slam: Robotnik slams his right palm down on the ground, which causes a short earthquake around him. If the opponent is hit by the hand, it sticks them into the ground, and is a strong meteor smash if the opponents in the air. You can aim where he slams his hands with the control stick before he swings. This has quite a bit of start-up lag, but with small amount of ending lag. This does 15%, and the earthquake does mid-high knockback, which sends the opponent diagonally upwards.

Forward tilt/smash: Robotnik swipes his hand left hand to his right from one side of the death boundary, to the left. This has quite a bit of start-up and ending lag. This does 14% and mid-high knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally.

Neutral B: Boulder hurl: Robotnik goes to his right, and while saying “Eat this”, a massive boulder about 5 stage builder blocks width and height ways. He picks it up to the top of the screen, and drops it towards the ground, and it shatters. This has large amount of start-up and ending lag. This does 20% and high knockback, which sends the enemy diagonally upwards.

Side B: Eye Laser: Robotnik looks towards the ground and his eyes glow red, and then a large red laser shoots down to the ground. You can aim it to the left/right. You can hold this down as long as you like. This has quite a bit of start-up and ending lag. This does 19% and mid-high knockback, which sends the opponent diagonally upwards.

Down B: Invisible: Robotnik goes “I can turn invisible as well y’know”, and he disappears for 5 seconds. Robotnik can do his moves as normal. You can still see the outline of his body, and you can see wind before he does a move.

Taunts and victory taunts:

D-Pad Up: Robotnik gets out a picture of Sonic, and stares at it for a long time before ripping the picture up into pieces and says "I'll drive that Hedgehog" in a furious manor.

D-Pad Side: Robotnik has a thought bubble coming of his head, and it has Robotnik with hair, and we see Sonic run pass him in the thought bubble, and the Robotnik in the bubble jumps up and down and rips all his hair off

D-Pad Down: Robotnik jumps and down many times with his arms into his chest and shouts out "Bwaaaawaaa WAAAwaa waa... wa" before this ends

Victory Taunt 1: Robotnik Robotnik Yeah yeah yeah

Victory Taunt 2: Robotnik is in a green chair, and says his well known quote, which is "SnooPING AS usual I see" as we see scratch and grounder on the floor daized

Victory Taunt 3: Robotnik is behind a piece of wood or something, and we see Grounder talking about something to scratch in front of the piece of wood thing, and we then see the piece of wood break and a fist knocks away grounder off the screen, and Robotnik pops out and shouts "SILENCE". at this point, any music will stop playing.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
ALRIGHT ALRIGHT.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Dancingfrogman gains +1 super vote.

That is my favourite moveset in the contest.
The crouch got me, and the moveset just got better and better.

You may need to fix the code on two of the titles, but that is the only thing.

Congratulation.

:laugh:

Baloo

Smash Ace
Dancing frogman may very well get a super vote, and defiantly a vote at the very least. It's so, so great! The crouch is hilarious, the attacks are awesome, it really good. And biiiiiiiiig.

:bee::bee:

EDIT: Oh my gosh, that neutral special is so wrong. It's just so... pingas.

EDIT 2: I have to agree with K Rool in that Youtube Poop isn't funny. But, the sheer creativity that is in this set is what makes it so great.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
That crouch animation scares me...

*reads actual move set*

OH

MY

GOD

Too much epic! Too much epic! It don't think it's possible to have this much epic in one spot! Seriously, you combined those hilarious Youtube-Poop references with some AWESOME moves, like Dair and and the Foward Tilt.

This is better than Kawasaki. This is better than Jonathan and Charlotte. This is even better than Joker! This is BY FAR my favorite move set in MYM4, and ever.

*Bows down to DancingFrogman*

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord

This is actually a point I think a lot of people gloss over. Mendez has been pointing it out for a while now. Taking attacks straight from the game of origin may make the character true to themselves, but it makes the moveset predictable and kinda dull. Reading Mendez's reviews is always a good idea; unlike the other Sandbags, he focuses on broad problems rather than specifics for each attack. He talks about this here problem in a lot of them.

Robotnik: I don't find Youtube Poop all that funny (I know, shoot me), so I'm not quite as enraptured as everyone else seems to be, but this is still a really nice moveset, frogman., with plenty of unique attacks. Not my favourite of yours, but good.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Wow DFM nice work! I lolled a lot especially at the dash attack and Neutral A. Its funny how things appear out of nowhere in almost every move. You know what would be awesome? A Codec.

And maybe you rushed it a bit. Some headers are messed up, up air, and down air, and there are not a few spelling mistakes. But it doesn't matter much, this moveset rocks. Period.

EDIT: Mardyke you posted that 3 times.
Anyway, well said, Mardyke. Its happened a couple of times of seeing too much reliance on a character, like MM9: Megaman. That was an awesome way of translating a classic Megaman to Brawl but in this case its more of a Megaman 9 game explanation than a moveset. And its a real pity, it was such a long moveset

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
I am offically disturbed my this moveset. i never want to see Dr. Eggman ever again. Good Job... You made my nightmares go away. Now to get rid of the ones you created....

Seriously, it good for the lovers of youtube poops, but to be honest, I wasn't that much of a for. Still good job, expect for the crouch (I saw it, I can't unsaw it).

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
My internet just exploded.

I know others have said it, but that crouch is frightening.

Anyway, this moveset was so freaking

EPIC

And the best in this contest. It's better than Joker. It's better than Deoxys and Mach Rider. It's better than Chef Kawasaki. It gets a super vote.

I **** myself in 5 places. I pissed lighting. I came. All over the computer monitor.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Thanks for the comments guys, and those you don't like YTP... You do know I reserched into this right? and tbh, those YTPs made robotniks potential much higher, and don't forget that I don't have to search every single episode for one specific picture, right? okay?

Oh, and I find the ones with YTP have more originality in, but thats just me.

oh, I fixed all the headers and what not.

and, I DON'T LIKE YTPS ASWELL, but as I stated before, it gave me a great range of moves to choose from with tons of originality.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
@robotnik: I LOLed.

but seriously, I have to agree with K.rool here. this is definitely getting a vote from me, but its not frogman's best moveset. I'm not a big fan of YTPs, but I know that people who are fans will like this one WAY more than me. If any of frogman's movesets demand a super vote, it's undead hero :bee:

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
certainly meeting my expectations, frogman. a super vote might just be in order. i haven't had so much fun reading a moveset since kawasaki, who also will get an SV. i guess i should just say who i'm SV when the time comes:

cortex and tiny
kawasaki
hyper ridley
N, wheelie, or bubblun
sperstar helpers, mach rider, or kefka
the joker, AOSTH robotnik, or the sandbags

EDIT: fixed after thinking for a second. AOSTH robotnik doesn't get a definate yes.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
My internet just exploded.

I know others have said it, but that crouch is frightening.

Anyway, this moveset was so freaking

EPIC

And the best in this contest. It's better than Joker. It's better than Deoxys and Mach Rider. It's better than Chef Kawasaki. It gets a super vote.

I **** myself in 5 places. I pissed lighting. I came. All over the computer monitor.
'Kay...

I have to disagree. While I recognize the effort that clearly went into this set, DFM--its originality as well--I just don't think it's deserving enough for a high position in the top 50. I really don't think it's better than Joker, Deoxys, Mach Rider, and Kawasaki. It just strikes me as a funny YTP set like Spade's King Harkinian. But that's just my opinion. It's good, just...not THAT good.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
I have to disagree. While I recognize the effort that clearly went into this set, DFM--its originality as well--I just don't think it's deserving enough for a high position in the top 50. I really don't think it's better than Joker, Deoxys, Mach Rider, and Kawasaki. It just strikes me as a funny YTP set like Spade's King Harkinian. But that's just my opinion. It's good, just...not THAT good.
:(

But, please, if you disagree with someone, at least tell someone WHY you didn't like it? I know it's your opinion and I respect that, but still, I like the reasons why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom