• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Create a Stage! Create, Share, Rate, Discuss!!!

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
If you guys want to see some awesome stages and get some ideas, visit Twilitblack's Youtube channel. He has the best stages I have ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Twilitblack

He has started making stages with the Ocarina program (Homebrew), but all of them before his "Oceanview Reef" stage are not Homebrew made.

Zodac

Smash Journeyman
sorry to double post

planet zebes 64

(should go bigger if you click on it, goes for all of them)

kongo jungle melee

kongo jungle 64

(if someone can tell me how to get the moving vertical platforms to go exactly opposite each-other please share)

yoshi island 64

saffron city 64

hyrule temple 64

neutral stage A

neutral stage B

i have more but cbf uploading them

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I'm curious, do you feel that for a recreation of something like Kongo Jungle 64 would it be more accurate to make the main platform out of blocks or platforms that you can pass through?
In the stage it is possible to go through the main platform from the bottom but you can't fall through it.
Which do you prefer as far as accuracy goes?

Kief

Smash Ace
I'm curious, do you feel that for a recreation of something like Kongo Jungle 64 would it be more accurate to make the main platform out of blocks or platforms that you can pass through?
In the stage it is possible to go through the main platform from the bottom but you can't fall through it.
Which do you prefer as far as accuracy goes?
you could go up through it just because of the barrel. but since there's no barrel you might as well use blocks.

ZeroSlash™

Smash Cadet
I can now show the stages that I really wanted to make (some of which made now possible by Xane's awesome Stage Studio program) I play with mostly friends and some comps. I've assured that these stages keep battle flowing and are as interesting & fun as normal stages.

1. Water Temple

This one was originally made by someone else but was really expanded and empty, I remixed it to make KOs more frequent. Sure the shrines on the side do occasionally interfere with upward/sideways KOs but they more than make up for it in epic geometrical deaths. : D

2. Colosseum Lite

Inspired by the "Colosseum" series of stages on IGN's stages site. I made it a lot more compressed and fight worthy, another good thing is that this stage has zero tolerance for campers, and I am aware that there are no ledges on this stage but surprisingly recovery is not a big factor here because chances are if you're off the stage you're either flying or already spiked.

3. Team Galactic HQ

My last of remixed stages. The original really was unplayable mimicking New Pork City. I made it into a medium stage & added side towers. Thanks to Xane's program I could successfully separate the two towers by two spaces, & forcing me to minimize the main building to three blocks but from the looks of recent brawls it makes almost the a big part of the fight aerial based. Again no grabbing ledges but somehow it works out.

4. Stasis

Since almost every FPS I know has a map named "Stasis" lol I decided to make a Brawl stage sharing the name. I made the right side walk off, I also tried to make the horizontal moving platform leave the stage boundary like in Frigate but it just wasn't possible here, & the ladder on the left going straight down far enough to make it.... well climboffable. Pretty simple design with some unique factors here and there again thanks to Xane.

5. Tunnel

Now a stage that I've been wanting to make for such a long time. A straight tunnel, I was frankly disappointed in the brawl stage creator when I found out that I couldn't do this. But now that I made it I see that it does work. Strong sideways hits are the only way to KO in the tunnel but if you want all round fighting to finish off then literally take it outside. Everything on the bottom of the main platform is just for show. : P

6.Wheels

This stage I just made today, & I'm very impressed by how well it works out, looks a little weird but it does work none the less. The wheels move slow enough to provide temporary platform combat but (just like I intended it to do) you can't stay on it for too long for obvious reasons, & there is a small patch neutral ground on the sides for recovery and ground purposes, also miraculously not ALL the items appear on the spikes, usually on the main middle platforms & the neutral sides, another cool thing I like is that if the items appear on the wheels you have a limited time to grab them. Displayed the spawn point locations in this one just in case anyone's wondering. '_'

Those are the main stages that me & my friends play as if they were our considered CPs, I have others but are not mine/strictly for fun. Rate them if you don't mind.

ZeroSlash™

Smash Cadet
Definitely, the possibilities compared to the Brawl creator seem endless. Increase the stage space capacity from 50 to 252 for countless stage space & decor if you want. More importantly get rid of structure & ramp/stairs buffer zones, which means place anything you want anywhere any size. (With minor restrictions to the left & top of the screen) If you the kind of person who like to create stages & wants more out of brawls overly restrictive stage creator, then Xane's Stage Studio Program is a must have.

Flynch

Smash Cadet
:d

Here are some I made with custom ways of playing. When friends and I tire of 3stock FD matches it's a nice way to take a break.

I made the following stages myself for custom games. You should all be familiar with the second concept a bit and possibly with both. All made with the AMAZING stage studio I found on these forums thanks to Xane.

Get the Rax!

For the first map, it may seem cluttered but it's just a base model I'm going to work off of. Hopefully will be finished soon and I'm trying to make it look similar to the Dota map.
It's based off Dota which is a custom map for Warcraft3. It's boxed in because the point of this game is not to kill the opponents. It's to "Get the Rax!" I won't go through explaining why but google Dota to understand if you wish.
Players: 4
Lives: n/a
Objective: Make both the enemies blocks fall, while defending your own. Both blocks must be gone for a victory, if one comes back you must get it again.

Circuit! (a.k.a. Race to the Finish)
-there are two versions-
Version 1

Version 2

You should remember Race to the Finish from SSB, if you don't I feeling sorry for you. :(
Players: 2-4
Lives: 1
Objective: Get to the end!
-Version 1- Get to the end first, killing yourself gets you the win.
-Version 2- Get to the end, killing your opponent gets you the win.
Tips: For version 1 it's smart to both play the same character so there isn't a speed difference.

Caedes

Smash Cadet
Definitely, the possibilities compared to the Brawl creator seem endless. Increase the stage space capacity from 50 to 252 for countless stage space & decor if you want. More importantly get rid of structure & ramp/stairs buffer zones, which means place anything you want anywhere any size. (With minor restrictions to the left & top of the screen) If you the kind of person who like to create stages & wants more out of brawls overly restrictive stage creator, then Xane's Stage Studio Program is a must have.
Is it possible to put structures from background set in another one? Like put the tree in the techish background?

Jin777

Smash Rookie
Is it still possble to upload custom stages here? It just goes to stage browser when I try to add one.

Any help is much appereciated. Thanks :)

Samus Aran X

Smash Cadet
Ahaha crusty paint. Y'know you can't choose the bg right? you might as well just draw the platforms. Btw, are we allowed to post ideas of hacked stages (Stage Studio)?

pokemondude

Smash Rookie
I can't make a pic so

Iron Island, Sinnoh

A island with rocks and with some apperances by Steelix and Onix with some earthquakes.

ozzie544

Smash Cadet
i know those stages are so cool but i am so bad at making stages my friend is so good at makings stages and i like the small stages better they seem more fun

RSMVcam

Smash Rookie
hey everyone, im new here and want to share some pictures of stages ive made with pc brawl stage builder that i just downloaded, as well as videos of my gameplay later on when i get my SD card.

so heres one picture..

and another.

the second stage needs some update.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Ive made quite a few stages myself, nothing has been original however (in a sense). All of my stages have copied something from a sonic or legend of zelda game, 2 of the maps i made were the original work of people from youtube (A scrap brain zone and Spring yard)
However all of the others i made i took a look at the whole level layouts of certain acts and took areas i thought would be good for a brawl.
Thus far i have made
Scrap Brain (my own version)
Metropolis
Hill Top
Angel Island (my favourite)
Labyrinth
Marble
Death Egg Boss (s&k)

I plan to make a Marble Garden too, maybe one or 2 others ive been thinking of

My Zelda levels are among my favourites for fighting on, I want to make a level based on eagles tower (think that's what its called, the one from Links awakening)
Tower of Winds (4swords shadow Battle)
Head Thwomp Boss (OoT boss of the second dungeoun)

If i get a chance ill post some pics of em

RSMVcam

Smash Rookie
my newest creation .. tried to make it look like hellsing mansion with gates and all, but didnt succeed too well :p its kinda nice anyway.

Bobo Magroto

Smash Rookie
I had a custom stage for SSB Brawl

The stage is called "The Coin Box", best for COin battle

basically the stage is a box, it baricades the border so KO are less obtains and all the coin players drop can be collected (cause Coin battle revolvue around collecting coins) no flybuy points but on the bottom corners in the box, spikes await to inflict pain. best part is the damage level going 999% and the players go flying at 100km/h, however im trying to make it so the players start at the bottom not the top. but i dont want to remove the roof (the roof and walls are main things to the coin box stage

down side. some players Final Smash dont work, like the Starfox characters for example(Fox, Falco and Wolf) are useless. still doing experiments, so choice of character is important before taking on the box

if you like to trail this, go for it. try doing some experiments and let me know, ill to do heaps of experiments to the coin box

I have no pictures of the stage, be in touch

Waza

Smash Apprentice
It would be fun to play in a stage like this. I don't really need to explain anything.

I know this may sound funny, but this person had an AMAZING power of prediction. this was posted in 2007, and whatdya know, it's in SSB pretty much just like that.

bwyd

Smash Rookie
ok, noob here. what is this other stage creator and how do i get and use it. sounds awesome

StrikerX22

Smash Rookie
Sure should be. Another question would be if there any "hacked" stages that "can" be used. And does even changing the spawn locations count as hacked... And would anyone care?

With the stages that Brawl offers (and are accepted as first or counterpick), I don't understand any resistance to a decent custom stage.

I'd certainly attempt to contribute (50+ unhacked stages, variety from gimmicky to flat, music uniquely chosen), though I've yet to upload mine yet since I just found the PC editor myself, and was thinking of at least changing the spawns for each map first when I have time.

DevoBlade

Smash Rookie
My fav stage is as goes:
2 - 3x3 blocks beside each other placed above the vertical centre of the map
looking somewhat like
._____.. _____
|-------||-------|
|-------||-------|
|_____||_____|

Roughly like that titled Um? lol
. = nothing
_ = Solid