• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baloo

Smash Ace
I have a new set! New page please! And it's not the Brigade...

And his name starts with D... and has an A, and a R, and a K, and a R, and an A, and an I!

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
EDIT : ALternate Costume / Colors FTW! I wanna have a cookie! :bee:
I thought Sundance was joking until others supported it. :ohwell: Anyways, you're all wrong. It's not the costume color. Bwahaha!

@ Baloo: Awesome! Looking forward to it!

EDIT: Oh, hush, Junahu. >_< And it's not equipped weapon/skill either. What exactly do you mean by that, anyway?

Baloo

Smash Ace
LOL NEW SET TIME:

Dumb Realistic Kid!

Power: 0.000000000000001/10: He's a realistic kid, gosh. He can't be to powerful.

Walking Speed: 6/10: Meh.

Dashing speed: 6/10: Not a bad runner, but has a better chance of tripping than most.

Weight: 0.001/10: Jigglypuff is heavier than him in real life, in smash a kid could get OHKOed by Ivy's back aerial.

Range: 5/10: Meh.

Projectiles: 7/10: Good.

Attack Speed:
1/10: :urg: He's a kid. Give him a break.

Fall speed: OVER 9000!!!!/10: He falls as fast as he normally would in real life... No aerial time for him.

Air Speed: 0.000000000000000000000001/10: :(:(:(

Size: 4/10: Ness. Lucas. TL. he's a kid.

First Jump: 2/10: He jumps sadly, not sadly, but with sad hight. Get it? GET IT? GET IT!?!?!?!

2nd--- Wait, he has no second jump.

Recovery:
0/10: WTF?

Crouch:
5/10: He squats like most humans, especial the kids (Lucas, Ness and TL.)

Traction:
5/10: OK, but with shoes off, like, -9001? He also trips constantly with his shoes off, 70% of the time!!!!111

Combos:
0/10: You're kidding me, right?

Wall Jump:
Ye-- Oh wait. Wrong set. NO!

Wall Cling:
No

Crawl:
Yes: But it's terribly slow, like 1/10.

Glide: No

Float: No

Tether Recovery:
No

So, right on in...

Jab - Punch Punch Kick. All together, does very very very low knockback that doesn't really go any farther than one block until 999 damage and does 1 damage. Medium range, and high lag both starting and ending.

Dash
- Trip. He trips. LOL. He also has no trip attack and takes forever getting up from a trip, because his granny appears and rubs his poor little wound for seven minutes.

U Tilt
- Punch. He punches up with medium range and high lag both beginning and ending. Does one damage if you do it three times in a row. No knockback.

F Tilt
- Punch. Guess what this does. Right!

D Tilt - Really Laggy Kick. He does a really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really laggy kick. It does nearly no knockback and one damage if you're lucky.

U Smash - Headbutt. He headbutts up. Yeah. It's laggy, has OK range, quite low knockback and two damage. Typical.

F Smash
- Punch. This is as powerful as Lucas's Up Smash and as laggy as Meta Knight's down smash. Oh wait. This is as laggy as Lucas's up smash and as powerful as Sing. Sorry 'bout that up there.

D Smash
- Stamping Feet. He stamps his feet. It does absolutely nothing but serve as a taunt.

Aerials are all kicks of some sort.

Nair
- Kick. He kicks somewhere.

Fair
- He kicks forward

Bair - He kicks backwards but fails.

Uair
- He kicks himself in the balls by trying to kick upwards.

Dair
- He kicks downwards five times weakly.

Neutral Special - Shoe Take Off

He takes off is shoes. Then, after the ten seconds during which he unties them to do that, he throws them for two damage each. Wow. High lag and range.

Side Special - Spork

He takes out a plastic dirty spork, from his pocket, and throws it forward. It makes the opponent flinch. Aww, it stops taunts! Oh well.

Up Special - Upper Slap

He slaps upwards, doing absolutely nothing.

Down Special - Counter
He strikes a counterish pose, but it does nothing but make him even more susceptible to attacks.

RANDOM NOTE: He can't hang on to edges for more than a second and can't pull himself up without a rope or anything, which he doesn't have. Unless someone helps him up. But they won't, besides his granny. but she only appears when he trips. O WELL!

Final Smash - Unrealistic Kid
He turns into Lucas, Ness, or TL for the rest of the match. Yay, not such a bad character any more.

He has no grab, or he does, but they break out immediately. Thus, no throws! Or pummel! Jigglypuff takes a second to get out, but he still can't do anything, he's to shocked that Jigglypuff is real. He thought she was only in games!

EXTRAS: His taunts are him talking about stuff.

He has no win poses because he never wins. If he does, the game crashes.

His loss pose is a tantrum.

ODD THING: He can OHKO GaW with any move. GaW is only 2D!

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
L, Darkrai, Pokey, and Mia, all done so soon? Excitement!

Sorry to hear that, Baron. More and more people are giving in... I pretty much have myself...

EDIT: You jerk.

Baloo

Smash Ace
L, Darkrai, Pokey, and Mia, all done so soon? Excitement!

Sorry to hear that, Baron. More and more people are giving in... I pretty much have myself...

EDIT: You jerk.
:urg: LOL, I duped everyone. Even now, people are looking at my latest set, crying.

I edited Bubblun.

Wow, Baloo...That wasn't what I thought, but I was CLOSE.
It's great isn't it!!!!11:bee::bee::bee:

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
Baloo LOSES 9000 internets. >_<

And will everyone quit showing me up with FS numbers? Sheesh, I was really proud of myself. :(

@ K.Rool: Mia's not done, but I'm actually working on her and I'll have her ready for MYM5, if not the end of MYM4. I'm still debating on which contest to post her in...

Baloo

Smash Ace
Baloo LOSES 9000 internets. >_<
I lost so much interest because the awesome of that set made your brains malfunction. That is a Darkrai moveset, but the sheer greatness of it that makes Kawasaki look like Peanutbutter Face or my Ghost Gang made you all see a mirage. What do you see, some moveset for a dumb realistic kid or something?

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
I lost so much interest because the awesome of that set made your brains malfunction. That is a Darkrai moveset, but the sheer greatness of it that makes Kawasaki look like Peanutbutter Face or my Ghost Gang made you all see a mirage. What do you see, some moveset for a dumb realistic kid or something?
No, seriously, that whole thing was pointless.

Baloo

Smash Ace
OooK, I get it. You're angry. I know It can't nearly make up for the criminal injustice done unto all of you, but please. Let me present a Toad Brigade preview.

Side B - Cake

Red Toad yells "I love mint chocolate!" and throws a cake forward. I know this is Yellow Toad's quote, but his specials are already thought up. So, Red Toad throws a cake. What happens next? The cake lands on the ground. Wow. That has got to be the most amazing thing in the world. A cake? On the ground? I mean, you can't beat that. No really, it does some cool stuff. The cake does but one damage, and low knockback. Amazing. It has high lag, and medium range. Boring. So, what's the point? The cake, it stays on the ground!

<(O.O)>

NO WAY?!?!?!

No really, Baloo, what does this thing do? It acts like bananas, they make opponents trip is they land on them. But, that's not all. They also make the opponent look ridiculous, because they are covered in cake. Seriously, who likes being covered in cake. NO ONE! Who likes seeing their opponent covered in cake? EVERYONE! They also move a little more slowly for three seconds, being covered in sticky cake. Me thinks this is a good time to track up some damage with D Smash, you can't rack up all Marzillion damage, but you most certainly can get in at least ten. In the air, he can do a little hop off of the cake for recovery.

SparkZ

Smash Cadet
Only the chemist's cookbook section left for Chemistry Man, so I should be done sometime this week. Here are his stats. Please comment on whether they seem balenced or not.

Stats out of 10:
Attack Speed: 4.
CM has some average moves, more slow moves, and the occasional quick move.
Combos: 1. CM has virtually no combos at all.
Crouch: 5. An average crouch, where he kneels down. Also, as a funny animation, he is tying his shoelaces while crouching.
Damage Dealing: 6. Although the actual attacks aren’t very damaging, the amount of toxic elements and traps available more than make up for this. However, certain very powerful moves hurt yourself.
First Jump: 5. A typically typical jumper.
Fall Speed: 7. He falls quite fast, but not as fast as some of the space animals.
Height: 6.5. He is a little taller than Mario.
KO Power: 4.5. Check out his top eight KO moves(not counting the final smash) and see what I mean. The numbers are kill%.
1. ???%. Takes a lot of time to set this up, and also takes some skill to land.
2. 56%. Super situational, not always at this % side effect of an attack that will most likely result in a suicide.
3. ???%. Depending on what mixture this is, it can have one of 3 problems. You either have to forego using a different, good move, take a lot of luck to get, or is hard to bait the foe into.
4. 93%. It is somewhat laggy and can hurt yourself.
5. 112%. Another not quite as situational, probably less powerful side effect of an attack that may result in a suicide.
6. 114%. Another attack that may hurt yourself.
7. 124%. A rather slow smash attack that is extra slow if you miss.
8. 138%. A somewhat slow projectile that does serious damage to shields.
Priority: 9. Practically EVERY SINGLE MOVE is a disjointed hitbox.
Projectile Game: 5. There are 2 projectiles, one that is quite good and that can control the stage rather well, and one that is slower but seriously hurts shields. The main problem is that neither of these are very fast to come out.
Range: 6.5. Not quite as good as someone like Marth or Ike, but still respectable.
Recovery: 7.5 to 3. Either good or bad, depending on the charge in the gas tank aerials.
Second Jump: 0. He has no second jump!
Running Speed: 5.5. He does enjoy jogging...
Stage Control: 10. What with all of those toxic gasses and wet spots of increased tripping and stuff that can blow up at any second and flammable stuff, he is perfect at this.
Traction: 6. Those boots help in this category...
Weight: 6. He is a little heavier than some other characters.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
No, seriously, that whole thing was pointless.
...Yeah. It was one of those rare movesets that was actually painful for me to read--and yes, I read it, mostly in hopes that there would be something funny in there.

But there wasn't. And now a little part of me has died inside. :ohwell:

@ SparkZ: WhiteWallofText is white and wall-ish. Seriously, make it easy on the eyes; we can't comment on the balance unless it's readable. Yes, even stats should be color-coded and such to make it easier for us to read.

Baloo

Smash Ace
It... wasn't supposed to be funny.

But it also wasn't meant to make you hate me. Now, I see you're angry. I'm sorry. Now, Akiak will be incredibly mad at me, but I'll tell you the secret toad work place if you really want. But only if you really feel like it's damaged you seriously. Please just be happy with the preview...

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance an orange elephant on Chirstmas, a

Pokey is here!

Description from Dry Dry Desert
Pokey is a giant yellow cactus, made of 3-4 spiky balls, the one on top being his head. If any part of Pokey beside his head is smashed, it will be sent away but Pokey will still live, even only with a head. He appeared in many Mario games like Super Mario World, Super Mario Galaxy, all of Paper Mario games, etc. Pokey always looks happy. They're also doing waves with their chest, even when walking. This Pokey is special, and won't easily get beaten by Mario and the other Brawlers!

Pokey's Special Thing

Natural Armor
In the other games, Pokey could not be damaged with his body balls, to kill him, you had to attack the head. In Smash, we cannot do it that much but I found a solution. All of his body balls will have more resistance to any attacks beside Final Smashes. They'll receive only 85% of the inflicted damages. His head, his weaker and will receive 120% of the inflicted damages. The easy way to beat Pokey is, aim for the head! However, after 2-5 hits, Pokey balls can be knocked off, making him smaller. Lost balls can be taken and thrown at opponents. His Neutral B can make them come back. He loses a lot of range when becoming smaller. For details about head form see later. But don't be confused, he still can be damaged and sent offscreen by attacking his body balls!

Statistics of a Cactus

Weight - His weight depends on the number of balls, it's 8/10 for max weight, and goes down by 1.5 by ball taken off
HeightHis height is never the same, depending on the number of balls. Here is a drawing comparing him to Mario :

Walking Speed - This living tower is moving at a normal pace, 7/10!
Running Speed - He has an okay speed, 6/10!
Strength - Pokey got big muscles, 7/10.
Attack Range - He can attack far away because of his "long" body, from 1/10 to 8/10 ( From 0 ball to 4 balls )
Effective Specials - They are quite effective, a projectile, a defense special and a recovery, 8.5/10!
Crouch - His crouch is looks effective cutting half of his height but even when using it, he can be as tall as Mario, 6.5/10!
Combo Master - 3/10, he's not a really good combo maker, but a good damage and special maker!
Wall Jump - No
Wall Cling - No
Glide - No!
Tether Recovery - Yes

Animating the Living Tower

Idle Stance – Pokey stands there with a big grin on his face, doing waves with his chest.

Walking – Pokey doesn’t really walk, he slides on the floor. But still when sliding he does waves with his chest.
Running – All of Pokey’s body is tilted forward and he slides really fast.
Attacked - Pokey's grin will disappear, his eyes will be closed and the attacked ball will be pushed back a little.
First Jump - Pokey simply bounces into the air, not a really good first jump.
Second Jump - You can see a sand burst coming from the ground to help Pokey go higher.
Crouching - All of Pokey's balls beside his head will become two times smaller.

Holding a Ledge - Pokey holds the ledge with his mouth.
Ground Dodge - Pokey will start spinning, dodging all attacks made to him.
Rolling - Pokey gets into a ball and rolls away, then gets back into a tower form. ( Long Roll )
Air Dodge - Pokey will also start spinning when into the air.
Dizzy Pokey - Pokey's head is spinning slowly, and he doesn't have his grin anymore. His body also is a little bit bent.
Sleeping Cactus - Pokey fell into pieces while sleeping! All of his body balls are around his head, on the floor, sleeping.

Standard and Situational Moves

A Combo – Body Wave
This combo is really useful because it can attack at all heights. Pokey will simply tackle the opponent with one of his body balls starting with the lowest one, then the third, the second and then going to the highest one, again to the lowest, etc. ( If you didn’t understand that part, look at the drawing ) It is simple, fast and strong. Each ball does 2% damage. In one second, two hits are done, and it’ll continue until two hits miss the target. It has no knockback.
- 2% damage per hit -

Dash Attack – Rolling Cactus
Pokey gets his body balls into a giant ball ( 1.5 times bigger than Kirby if at full height ) and rolls on the stage. His head is in the middle of the ball. If anyone is attacked by the giant ball, he'll recieve 8% damage with low knockback. This will go as far as 3 crates but will stop if touches anyone. When becoming a ball, there even are more balls appearing around Pokey's head, so there can be 8 balls + his head.
- 8% damage -

Under 100% Ledge Attack - Buzzy Beetle Helper
A Buzzy Beetle appears in front of Pokey and he starts spinning fastly. If he touches anyone, he will do a 9% damage with Mid-Low Knockback. This attack's hitbox is low, in the opponent's legs. While Pokey gets back up, the Beetle continues spinning and when Pokey gets back on the stage, the Buzzy Beetle disappears suddently in sand. This move lasts 2 seconds and has a 1 second start lag.
- 9% damage -

Over 100% Ledge Attack - Chain Chomp Helper
A Chain CHomp appears in front of Pokey and starts chomping thin air really fast. If he chomps anyone, the enemy will recieve 11% damage with Medium Knockback. This attack can touch the full body of a character. The Chomp will only disappear when Pokey will be standing on the stage, he will disappear in many rocks, which will become sand and vanish. This attack lasts 2.5 seconds and has a 1 second start lag.
- 11% damage -

Get Back Up ( Rising ) Attack - Jumping Balls
All the balls are launched in the air, ( at Pokey's current height, when in tower form ) and fall back into a living tower. If one of the balls touches somebody, it'll do 7% damage with very low knockback. When launched in the air, the balls are followed by some sand.
- 7% damage -

Flying Cactus

Aerial A - Spike Spin
Pokey's spikes will become two times bigger and then he starts spinning. He spins during 2.5 seconds and he does 5 spins in total. Enemies can be hit by every spikes. 2% damage per spike with medium knockback at the end.
- 2% damage -

Forward Aerial A - Flying Sand
Pokey's head fall off his body. When it's at the middle of the body, a sand beam pop out from behind Pokey and pushes the head forward. The head will go 2 stage blocks forward, then the sand will get it back on Pokey's body. This sends the opponent forward with 8% damage, high knockback.
- 8% damage -

Back Aerial A - Spike Top Sharp Wall
A wall made of Spike Tops appears 3 stage blocks behind Pokey. The spikes are facing Pokey. The wall is slammed onto Pokey in one second, causing sand to come out of Pokey. If anybody is caught into the wall, he'll recieve 10% damage and will automatically be sent downward at high speed, high knockback. The wall is as high as Pokey. It's a Meteor Smash!
- 10% damage -

Up Aerial A - Spiky Rotation
This time, Pokey doesn't only spin, he rotates his entire body! Pokey's body will turn around his body, hitting anybody in the way. He's only rotating once. If anybody touches the rotating cactus, he'll receive 9% damage with low knockback. This is a long reach move, but lasts 2 seconds, because Pokey turns kind of slowly.
- 9% damage -

Down Aerial A - Knocking Balls
The two lowest body balls of Pokey will get 1 stage block away from him and then smash each other at the same time, 1 stage block under Pokey's height when the two balls were there. If Pokey has only 1 body ball, his head and the ball will knock each other, doing 3% damage to Pokey. This does 12% damage with high knockback, sending the opponent flying on left or right.
- 12% damage -

Tilting Tower

Forward Tilt - This way!
Pokey's balls will take the form of an arrow, damaging anybody touching him. This attack can cause 10% damage with medium knockback. This attack is really useful to hold back opponents from coming back onto the stage. A very good move overall.
- 10% damage -

Up Tilt - Spinning Parabuzzy
There are many Buzzy Beetle species, like this one! A parabuzzy is a BB with wings. One appears over Pokey's head, and starts spinning and flying around his head. While this one does this, two other Parabuzzy appear and start spinning and flying around Pokey's body. If anybody touches one of the Parabuzzy, he'll recieve 8% damage with Medium Knockback.
- 8% damage -

Down Tilt - Cactus Tornado
All of Pokey balls, even his head, will start spinning in the form of a tornado. The tornado will have 2/3 of Pokey's current height and will work like this. If anybody is touched by the tornado, he'll get catched in it like the tornado in Link's stage, in SSB on N64. When realeased, the opponent will be sent upward with 9% more damage. It has medium knockback. The opponent stays 2.5 seconds in the tornado. If nobody touches the tornado, Pokey will stop swirling after 3 seconds. If he catches someone, he'll stop directly after sending him in the air.
- 9% damage -

Smashing Cactus

Forward Smash - Tower Collapse
Pokey will stay still while charging. When releasing, he will smash all of his body, staying in a tower form, on the ground. If anyobdy gets hitted by Pokey anytime during the move, he'll recieve 15% damage with High Knockback, sending opponents mainly forward. This move is really good to KO opponents with medium or high damage.
- 15% damage -

Up Smash - Cannonball Head
While charging, Pokey will get into his crouch stance, but this time to charge power. When releasing, his head will be launched up like a cannonball, hitting anybody in the way, then it'll fall back and Pokey will become a tower again. This can cause 16% total damage with mid-high knockback. The height of the launched head will depend on Pokey's current height in tower form. It will be a little bit higher than his head. Useful for aerial enemies.
- 16% damage -

Down Smash - Hitting Everywhere
While charging, Pokey once again gets into his crouching position, to charge his power. But this time when releasing, his balls hit everywhere! The more balls he has, the better it is. This will always hit in medium and low height, but it depends. The height of the head in this move, will depend of the height in tower form. It'll always be -1 ball height. ( Example : Pokey was 4 balls + head high, with this move he'll be at the same height as if he was 3 balls + head ) This move can cause 14% total damage, with mid-high knockback, the direction this move will send the opponent will depend on which ball hits the opponent. Hard with words, easy with a picture.
- 14% damage -

Yellow Specials

Neutral B - One More Ball
The basic Pokey move. This is really easy to understand, he simply gains one more body ball. The ball will come from the ground, with a little bit of sand. He can have 4 balls + the head, maximum. Even more, this move can damage people. If somebody is touching Pokey's body, he'll recieve 5% damage with low knockback. If somebody is over Pokey's head and is touched by Pokey's new height, he'll recieve 7% damage with mid-low knockback. If Pokey already has 4 body balls and he uses this move, you'll only see sand coming out of the ground. This can be used in air. However, if this is used in air, the ball will come from ground, or offscreen. If somebody is touched by the new ball, he'll recieve 10% damage with medium knockback.
- 5% damage for body, 7% damage for head and 10% damage from ball in air -

Side B - Rolling Away
This is one of Pokey's signature moves! Pokey jumps and stomps his own last ball sending it rolling forward. The ball will travel as a Koopa Shell sent at mid strength. But it is not as powerful. If the ball touches anybody it'll do 10% damage with Medium Knockback. This move is spammable till you have no more balls. This move is quite useful to kill an opponent who tries to get back on stage, if you aim well.
- 10% damage -

Up B - Stone Chomper
A stone chain appears around Pokey's body, attached to him. There's a stone Chain Chomp attached to the chain. The Chain Chomp is 1.2 times bigger than Kirby. It will only go up, but it does little waves like Pokey's body when walking. If his head hits somebody, the Chomp will bite him causing 15% damage with medium knockback, but Pokey will free fall defenseless. If there's a platform or ground edge near the Stone Chomp, he'll bite it and stay attached to it. It goes quite fast and will go as far as a 6 Pikmin chain. Pokey will only have to go up when the chomp grabs the edge. If it doesn't grab anything, Pokey will also freefall defenseless. But this move can also be used to grab items over Pokey's head, if the Stone Chomp touches an item. If the chain hits somebody, it'll do 5% damage with very low knockback.
- 10% damage for Chomp, 5% damage for chain -

Down B – Poison Pokey
The defense special, don't worry it isn't a counter. When using this move Pokey will stop doing waves with his body, he'll close his eyes, his grin will disappear, he'll turn blue and the spikes on his body will grow 3 times bigger. ( They'll be as large as a Ray Gun ) While in this state, Pokey cannot move or jump, and can only stay like this 6 seconds. In this form, Pokey will recieve half of normal damage, and his balls will be impossible to knock off. If anybody touches Poison Pokey, they’ll receive low knockback with 7% damage and they’ll get poisoned. You do not need to hold B to stay in this form, and to release it press any button.
- 7% damage + Poison Effect -

Grabbing Spikes

Grab - Ground Balls
Two body balls will pop out of the ground in front of Pokey and squeeze the opponent’s legs. It inflicts 1% damage to the opponent. This is the only grab causing damage without throwing or hitting the opponent.
- 1% damage -

Pummel – The Third Ground Ball
Like the name says it, a third body ball pops out of the ground and bounces on the ground to hit the opponent’s head. Each time you press A the ball will bounce on the ground and hit the opponent’s head. Each time the ball hits the enemy, it does 3% damage.
- 3% damage per hit -

Forward Throw - Spike Smash
Pokey will close his eyes. His body spikes suddenly become a lot bigger and he smashes the enemy with these destruction weapons. This does 8% damage and has a high knockback.
- 8% damage.

Back Throw - Catch and Throw
Pokey's body spikes will once more become bigger but this time he'll get the opponent trapped between them. Then he starts spinning really fast and lets go the opponent flying behind him. 9% damage with mid-high knockback.
- 9% damage -

Up Throw - Destructive Body Balls
5 body balls pop out of the ground and get around the enemy. They all bounce into the air at the same time and hit the opponent, sending him flying into the sky. Causes 2% damage per ball, for a total of 10% damage. Has high knockback, really good to KO opponents.
- 2% damage per ball -

Down Throw - Pokey Bomb
Pokey will get into a ball like his dash attack. But this time he bounces over the opponent and ground pounds them. Then he gets back into his usual tower form. This causes 11% damage, with mid-low knockback.
- 11% damage -

Pokey's Finishing Move

Final Smash - Tutankoopa's Wand
This Final Smash has three different parts.

Part 1 - Chain Chomp Rush
Tutankoopa appears over Pokey with a wand in the hand. He points the screen with his wand and four Chain Chomps appear, floating around him. Tutankoopa and the Chomps get at Pokey's height and then, two Chomps are launched, rolling across the stage like Koopa Shells and then the same thing happens to the two others. If anybody is touched by a Chomp, he'll receive 20% damage with high knockback. There's a 5 seconds lag at the start in which enemies can run to hide.

Part 2 - Tutankoopa's Power
Tutankoopa points his wand in the air a giant Chomp ( as big as Giant DK in Melee ) starts to appear in the air. When it is finally complete, the Chomp rushes downward and gets offscreen, no matter if their are walls or floors. The Giant Chomp does 30% damage with maximum knockback. Then the screen starts shaking and some rocks fall from the sky, the rocks can be knocked off by attacks, they'll also break if they touch anything. Somebody touched by a rock would receive 10% damage with medium knockback. The rocks fall at medium speed, and the Chomp rushes at high speed. The enemies have only 3 seconds to get at the right place this time. ( 3 seconds start lag )

Part 3 - The Might of Mad Pokey
Tutankoopa will finally point the wand at Pokey and a red thunder bold will be sent at him. Pokey turns red and is now, Mad Pokey! Tutankoopa disappears. In this form, all of Pokey's attacks are 2.5 times stronger and he receives three times less damage. He also has super armor. ( He cannot be knocked off ) When using Poison Pokey, he can now move using this special! Pokey will finally turn normal again. 2 seconds are given to the opponents to hide, then Pokey will get his Mad Form during 13 seconds. Epic.

As promised, here is Pokey's Head Form!

Pokey's Head Form!

In this form, Pokey has a lot less moves, which are completely different and he only has 4 moves in total! When you're in this move, get at least 1 more ball if you want to survive! This is Pokey's weak spot. He even doesn't have any recovery in this state. What can he do?

A Combo - Spiky Pokey
Pokey’s head spikes will pop out, one after the other, 3 spikes in one second. Use this to stop your opponent's current action and to trap him. Each spike does 1% damage, has no final move. Will stop after 5 spikes miss the target in a row.
- 1% damage per spike -

Aerial A - Spike Out!
Pokey’s head spikes will once more pop out, but this time they stay there for 2 seconds, hitting anybody in reach. If anybody touches the spikes, it will cause 8% damage with Mid-Low Knockback. Good to knock back incoming opponents.
- 8% damage -

Neutral B - One More Ball
The basic Pokey move. This is really easy to understand, he simply gains one more body ball. The ball will come from the ground, with a little bit of sand. He can have 4 balls + the head, maximum. Even more, this move can damage people. If somebody is touching Pokey's body, he'll recieve 5% damage with low knockback. If somebody is over Pokey's head and is touched by Pokey's new height, he'll recieve 7% damage with mid-low knockback. If Pokey already has 4 body balls and he uses this move, you'll only see sand coming out of the ground. This can be used in air. However, if this is used in air, the ball will come from ground, or offscreen. If somebody is touched by the new ball, he'll recieve 10% damage with medium knockback.
- 5% damage for body, 7% damage for head and 10% damage from ball in air -

Any other Direction B - Poison Head
The defense special, don't worry it isn't a counter. When using this move he'll close his eyes, his grin will disappear, he'll turn blue and the spikes on his head will grow 3 times bigger. ( They'll be as large as a Ray Gun ) While in this state, Pokey cannot move or jump, and can only stay like this 6 seconds. In this form, Pokey will recieve 2/3 of normal damage, and his head will be impossible to move beside with a Final Smash. If anybody touches Poison Pokey, they’ll receive low knockback with 7% damage and they’ll get poisoned. You do not need to hold B to stay in this form, and to release it press any button.
- 7% damage + Poison Effect -

Pokey's Playstyle

The Highest Tower
Pokey plays a lot with his tower form and his body balls. He also uses his ball form twice! What's great with Pokey is that he's harder to kill, cause he receives 80% of normal damage on his body balls. His head is also hard to hit. The most important thing to do when using Pokey is, get all your body balls. Most of Pokey's moves are really effective with 4 balls, but not effective when having 1 ball.

He is really strong, and quite slow. He could almost be an heavyweight. Pokey is really good to KO, damage and exterminate the opponent. But once again, only if he has 2, 3 or 4 balls! When he gets into head form, he's weak but all of his attacks are faster, which makes him as fast and light as Pichu or Olimar. He uses many styles at once, always while keeping his own little exclusives. He's a good noob character, but when used with pros, is as deadly.

Extras

Taunts
Up Taunt - A Buzzy Beetle appears on Pokey's head, and the cactus looks at the little monster. Then they both start laughing and the Beetle disappears.

Down Taunt - Pokey's head falls down his body but a beam of sand gets it back before it touches the ground. ( If used in head form, a beam of sand will send Pokey in the air, and whe will fall back on the ground, unharmed )

Side Taunt - Pokey laughs hysterically and loudly during 4 seconds.

Victory Poses and Defeat Pose
Victory Pose 1 - Two more Pokeys get out from the ground, and they all starts dancing by doing big waves with their body.

Victory Pose 2 - A dozen of Buzzy Beetles are around, on and beside Pokey. They,re all doing strange noises and some are spinning in their shells.

Victory Pose 3 - Pokey smiles, but then a big Chain Chomp starts dashing after him. He dashes away, the Chomp following him. We see him often passing in front of the screen, he never stops. He also look scared by the Chomp.

Defeat Pose - Pokey will start shaking, and will collapse. When his head will be on the ground, he'll start crying.

Entrance
Some sand pops out of the ground, and then a big column of sand will get out of the ground, revealing Pokey, laughinh.

Kirby Hat
Kirby will get Pokey's yellow-brown color, and his head spikes. His head become the same as Pokey and he gets one of Pokey's special moves, Poison Pokey. When using Poison Kirby, the little pink ball will turn blue and do the same as Pokey.

Wiimote Sound
You can hear sand popping out of ground, and then Pokey's hysterical laugh.

Emblem
Mushrrom's Kingdom mushroom icon

Victory Music
Dry Dry Desert Theme - Mario Kart : Double Dash

Finish Classic Music
Tutankoopa's Theme - Paper Mario

Alternate Colors
Yellow ( Normal )
Red ( When turning into Mad Pokey, Pokey will turn Black ( Red Team ))
Blue ( When using Poison Pokey, Pokey will turn purple ( Blue Team ))
Green ( Green Team )
White ( Extra Color )
Rainbow Pokey ( Extra Color )

Events

Event Match 13 : Old Fights, New Brawls
Play as : Pokey with a Pokey CPU
Play against : Mario, Luigi
Details : Each character has one life, and you must win!
In which stage : Dry Dry Desert
Description : The old rivalry between the Mairo Bros. and the Pokeys is born again, let's beat them up!

Event Match 24 : The Pokey Triplets
Play as : Paper Mario
Play against : 3 Pokey CPU
Details : Each Pokey has 100 HP and you got 250HP, you must beat them.
In Which Stage : Subspace Stadium with Grubba in the background, doing some little noises.
Description : Will the Great Gonzales beat once again the Pokey Triplets? This time, they're stronger than ever!

Event Match 7 : Rock Star Crash
Play as : Pokey
Play against : Kirby
Details : Fight Kirby, KO him by sending him offscreen, he has one life. You have 200HP.
In Which Stage : Dry Dry Desert
Description : Kirby's Warp Star crashed in the desert, Dry Dry Deset. Use Pokey to fight the intruder and make him go away from your hometown!

Stage - Dry Dry Desert

Don't worry, the true one would have a better background. This stage is little, let's say as big as Flat Zone I, from Melee. As you can see you cannot fall down, but can be smashed offscreen. There are two platforms in which we can go from under, but have to double tap down to get off it. ( Sorry, didn't know the name ) If anybody hits one of the yellow blocks, they'll grow higher from one block, 4 blocks maximum. Sometimes, some sand will come out from the middle of the level and then, it'll become a hole. After 15 seconds, the hole will become sand again.

Music :
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=5ORHFMgrDJ0
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=FlyrOlIavcY
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=_qHMFoqz1l4&feature=related
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=emeB83Q6P1I
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=c9pK74Yokfs&feature=related

Trophies

Pokey - A Pokey is a cactus enemy that is composed of three to five spherical body segments. To defeat a Pokey, typically each body section must be destroyed.
- Super Mario Bros. 2, 1988 -

Tutankoopa's Wand - Pokey's Final Smash in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Tutankoopa uses the Dry Dry Wand to summon Chain Chomps and to give powers to our fellow cactus. This Final Smash has three different parts.
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl, 2008 -

Tutankoopa - In his debut game, Tutankoopa is the boss of the Dry Dry Ruins and the guardian of Mamar the Star Spirit. When Mario and his partners enter the Dry Dry Ruins Tutankoopa's voice can be heard warning them to run away.
- Paper Mario, 2001 -

Stone Chomp - Stone Chomps are a variety of Chain Chomps that live within the borders of Dry Dry Ruins during the events of Paper Mario. They guard artifacts within the temple and attack Mario when he takes an artifact. They surprise him by falling off the ceiling or jumping out of a wall design.
- Paper Mario, 2001 -

Spike Top - Spike Tops are similar to Buzzy Beetles, except their shells are red and have a single spike projecting out of the top, making them impossible to be jumped upon, while still being resistant to fire.
- New Super Mario Bros., 2006 -

Cleft - Clefts are burly rock monsters, often with spikes on their head. They have high defense and high attack, making them one of the strongest enemies in the Paper Mario series. They are often seen in Dry Dry Desert.
- Paper Mario : The Thousand-Year Door, 2004 -

An Assist Trophy

Cleft

When the Cleft will appear, it'll only be a normal rock, without any face or spikes. If smashed and hits somebody, it'll do 20% damage with Mid-High Knockback. After 5 seconds, his face will appear, and he'll start rushing across the stage, turning back at an edge, during 15 seconds. Being touched by him would make you receive 15% damage with Medium Knockback.

Snake Codec

Snake : There's a cactus on the battlefield....
Colonel : It's not a normal cactus Snake! This is Pokey, a living cactus consisting of some spherical segments with spikes on them, ready to Brawl.
Snake : So... it's only a tall and yellow cactus made of spiky balls?
Colonel : Um... yeah... that's it.
Snake : That should be easy, he doesn't have any arms!
Colonel : Maybe not, but I would really like to see him crush you.
Snake : Hey, Colonel! Are you on his side, or my side?
Colonel : Just Fight.

Unlocking Pokey

Unlock Requirements :

1 - Get him to join your team in the Subspace Emissary
2 - Play 5 times on Dry Dry Desert, with Mario
3 - Play Mushroomy Kingdoom twice with each Mario character

Unlock Message :

Pokey, the yellow cactus tower, has joined the Brawl!

SSE Boss : Mummypokey

He is quite tall, let's say as big than Rayquaza. He has 4 balls under his head. He is really slow, but really strong as well! He can be easily hitted when he gets into the ground, and he gets only his head out, which is as big as a 1.5 times Kirby. He can be easily beaten, but he could KO you many times before finally beating him. He is fought in the exact same room as in the picture. The only way of being KOed is by the top.Here are his moves :

Moves at 100% HP :

Hide and Hit - 20%
Mummypokey will get into the ground and then the ground will start shaking. A small amount of ground will come out from the floor. And Mummypokey will get out from the floor at the exact same place. Does 20% damage with Mid-Low Knockback. There's one chance on two than only Mummypokey's head gets out, but gets blocked for 5 seconds there, ready to be attacked.

Rolling Mummy - 15%
Mummypokey will get into the same ball position as Pokey, but he is now a giant ball. He is half of his height before, but will now be 3 times larger. He'll get into a corner, and roll to the opposite one. Causes 15% damage with High Knockback.

Cactus Stomper - 20%
Mummypokey leaps into the air, then you can see his shadow. The shadow is gray while he is in the air but when it turns black, beware! He's falling on this spot. This is easy to dodge. But if by one way or another you get hit, you'll recieve 20% damage with High Knockback, sending you upward. He stays in air 6 seconds.

Moves added at 75% HP

At 75% of his HP, he loses a ball, 3 left!

Eye Beam - 25%
Pokey will go to the nearest corner, and look at the opposite one. His eyes will glow red during 3 seconds, and then he'll shoot a big red beam as big as a Samus Fully Charged Power Ball in that corner. Being hit by that would make you receive 25% damage with Very High Knockback.

Higher Tower Collapse - 30%
This works exactly like Pokey's one, but in stronger. For those who didn't read it, Mummypokey smashes his entire body on the ground, in front of him. How can you dodge it you say? Easy! Like Mummypokey only has 3 balls now,you can go in one of the corners to hide from this move. If you don't have chance, you'll get 30% damage with High Knockback.

Moves added at 50% HP

Mummypokey loses one more ball, 2 left!

Skellokey Invasion - 15% for each
Mummypokey will get at the middle of the stage and close his eyes. Then a Skellokey will be released on each side, sliding. After 4 seconds, two more are released. It moves as fast as Pokey's walk and is as tall as Pokey with 3 balls. They cannot be destroyed, they'll die when hitting a wall. One hitting you would result in hitting you with 15% damage, High Knockback.

Ultimate Tornado - 35% or One Hit KO
Mummypokey will get into tornado form and rush slowly across the stage. He needs 7 seconds to get across all the stage. When touching a wall, gets into tower form again. If somebody gets caught in the tornado, he'll be sent upward with 35% damage and High Knockback. If you had more than 75% damage already, it's an One Hit KO.

Moves added at 25% HP

Mummypokey lost another ball, 1 left!

Double Smash - 40% damage
Works exactly like the Cactus Stomper move, but this time there are two thing stomping, his body ball and his head. When the shadow his black, he lands. He stays in air during 6 seconds. Getting hit by him would result in 40% damage, Mid-High Knockback.

Moves added at 1% damage

Mummypokey doesn't have any more body balls!

Magic Bob-Omb - One Hit KO

A red Flash will come from the sky and hit Mummypokey's head, transforming him into a giant grey Bob-Omb. The Bob-Omb will not move during 5 seconds. If he is hitted he dies, by falling on the side of his "body, and falls into sand. If he's not attacked, he'll explode killing everybody. If you had lives left, you'll win.

The End

Note : All Paper Mario characters would be in 3D in Brawl

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
So I can't stand the shifting fonts. I'd love to do more than skim, but I gotta hit the snooze and whatnot.

And don't worry, Baloo. I found it funny in a nebulous way. I've seen much worse joke movesets. :bee:

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
Very nice moveset, Trophy Master! One of the best newcomer sets I've seen in this contest. It's very original, and clear that you put in a ton of effort. Great work! My only suggestion is that you tone down his stats some...and BTW his crouch may not be always great, considering if he's at full height he'll still be as tall as Mario. ;)

Junahu

Smash Ace
Pokey made me feel really happy inside. Very well done

but...

I was hoping there'd be a move where Pokey leaves one of his spiked ball on the ground.
I also felt like Pokey's Up B should be him jettisoning one of his balls in order to gain height (giving him up to four Up B's, but punishing him for using them)

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance an orange elephant on Chirstmas, a
Thanks for the comments! New avatar for my next moveset : Dr. Mario! :bee:

EDIT : Sorry cena... :(

Your moveset is awesome! I though about doing them, but had no ideas. All of your moves are super detailed and balanced. The moveset is easy to read with the color code. This should earn a place in the Top 50. :)

cena_wolf

Smash Journeyman
Ok, some people did. Yay.

BUT MAYBE YOU NICE PEOPLE CAN CONSIDER MY MOVESET.

@TTM: Yeah, I was a bit meticulous when it came to that moveset as they're some of my favorite characters ever. I had to do them right

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Pokey is...awesome! Great work, Trophy Master!

I honestly wsan't expecting much from Pokey, but I was pleasantly surprised with everything you managed to do. You really make the most out of him/her/it while not getting too crazy, I think....

My biggest issues are the constant font changes (some of them are hard to read); it'd look less messy if you stayed consistent, I think. Also, the random enemies that appear for some moves seem a little...random. That's pretty minor though.

The whole moveset is just really interesting! And I'm a big fan of the visuals as well, good job with those.

:bee:

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
...no one...commented...on my finished Banjo-Kazooie... T.T
Skimmed your moveset cena_wolf, seems to be great, just wonderering if you know there's already been a Banjo-Kazooie moveset posted. Also, I know how you feel; on page 657 I posted a moveset I spent ages on (about 4,500 words!), and there were 3 comments, 2 of them were intelligent (thanks Spadefox and flyinfilipino) and 1 tldr post. If anyone cares, I fixed it up, added some more colour, rather than orange wall of text, and win/lose stuff I forgot.

@ Pokey: Looks like a fun moveset. Good job. *Gives The Trophy Master a well deserved thumbs up*

Smady

Smash Master
Pokey is much better than I thought it would be, mainly thanks to the pictures. Well done, Trophy Master. :chuckle:

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Pokey surprised me.
I was expecting a so/so moveset with a few gimmicks, but that was very good Trophy Master.

I may cancel my SM once I put my next chapter up, but I will probably work on a new one for MYM5, which I will start towards the start of the contest, to give me time to finish it.

This isn't saying it is canceled, there's just a high possibility.
Also, I know the majority of people are thinking, "Wait, Jimnymebob had a Story Mode?!"
:laugh:

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Pokey looks really good at a skim.

After deciding to do a OC for MYM5 (named Master "Disaster" Valgermond), I decided to add a mechanic to him, but I'm sure it's awfully complicated for a mechanic. Well, here it is anyway:

The Mechanic: Doom Clock

When Master "Disaster" Valgermond enters the stages, an old clock appears behind him in the background. A clock which looks similar to this type of clock:

Depending on what stage it's on, it will have a futuristic/older look to it, as in Lylat Cruise would have a flying digital camera with the numbers, or on a stage like battlefield, which would have those Roman numbers for it. The clock will only show the 60 seconds mark. On the old clock, it would go round like a normal clock, but if it’s a digital clock, it starts at 2:00 and goes down to 0 (and then a special effect happens, which I will explain later). On stages like Delfino Plaza or Big blue, it will float in the air at a specific point. As soon as Disaster enters the stage, the clock makes a big “Ding Dong” sound. When you start the match off, the clock goes down at the normal second pace, but some of Disasters moves slow down the time it goes, so some moves will speed it up every 2 seconds per a second, or slow it down half a second per every second (it will be shown under the properties section as an example like [2 secs per sec]. Disaster also has some moves that will make the timer jump down quite largely, but the seconds will remain going at the same pace as before, so for an example, a move which can make the timer go down by 10 seconds will have a [+10 secs] underneath the properties section. However, it’s not all easy for Disaster to get the timer down, as when he dies by the opponent, the timer will go back 1 minute, and when the opponent hits him with move, the time will go back up a few seconds, obviously, depending on how strong the move is how much the time go back up, lets say Squirtles f-tilt for example, that would only make the time go back up about 0.5 seconds, but if a fully charged Ganondorfs f-smash hits, it could make the time go back about 8 seconds. Depending at what pace the time was going at, depends how much stronger/weaker the effect is, lets say the time was going up every 2 seconds per a second, then the strength of the effect will be 2 times stronger, but if the time was going at halve a second per every second, the damage and knockback will be halved. Depending on how long it takes in real life seconds depends on what the effect will be.

Below 30 seconds: Disaster will spread his arms out horizontally, and a barrage of bombs about the size of Links bombs will come down from the sky will go down vertically going about 1.5 times faster than Wolfs blaster. The duration which this move lasts for is for 5 seconds, and it has some start-up and ending lag. This move covers the whole range of the stage. The bombs blow up if it hits any obstacle, and the explosion takes up 2 stage builder blocks. Each bomb does 12% and mid knockback, which sends the opponent diagonally upwards.

31-60 seconds: Disaster will bow down, and then claps his hands together. A giant thunder cloud hovers over Disaster from the top of the screen, and many blue lightning’s that shoots down and is visible for a long time, which covers 4 stage builder blocks going away from both sides of Disaster. This has a large amount of start-up lag and ending lag, and this lasts for 4 seconds overall. This does 20% and mid-high knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally.

61-90 seconds: Disaster puts his hands in the air highly, and then as soon as he slams his hands down, the light of the stage is darkened a bit (not to the point of Frigate Orphans). Disaster then sends out about 3 ghosts which are similar to the ones in Luigis mansion, varying in different colours and shapes. The speed which the Ghosts travel at is slightly slower than Marths walk, and the ghosts can also travel through obstacles. The ghosts stun the enemy for a short period of time, and sometimes they scream and enlarge themselves to attack the victims. The duration of this move is about 9 seconds long, this also has some start-up and ending lag. The shriek of a ghost does 10% and mid-low knockback, which sends the opponents horizontally.

91-120 seconds: Disaster begins to rise his hands up to the air, but when their halve way, he spreads his arms out and kneel down a bit. When this happens, a wave of fire starts about Squirtles height rapidly moving up and down. The wave of fire covers about 8 stage builder blocks going horizontally from the centre. This has quite a bit of start-up and ending lag, and the duration of this move lasts for 3.5 seconds. This does multiple hits, which can easily be DI’d upwards to be avoided. This can do a maximum of 19% with the final hit doing mid-low knockback, which sends the opponent diagonally upwards.

121-150 seconds: Disaster spins around once clockwise, and after the spin, he clicks his right fingers. When Disaster does this, a light blue wave which has snow flowing around it appears just above of Disasters head. And from where Disasters standing, the light blue wave travels 6 stage builder out both sides of Disaster. If anyone is at least 2 stage builder blocks up and down of the wave, will get hit by this. This has some start-up and ending lag, and the duration of the wave is 1.5 seconds. If the opponent touches the wave directly, it does 19% and sends the opponent into a ice block, This does mid knockback, which sends the opponent upwards. If the opponent isn’t hit by the wave directly, it does 10% and low-high knockback, which also sends the opponent into an ice block and send them upwards.

Over 151 seconds: Disaster clenches his fist, and green energy comes from his fist, and then his releases his fist, and large amount of green energy is seen around Disaster. When this happens, we see vines grow on the opponent, and slowly take the opponents percentage a way, as well as healing your own percentage. This hits an opponent if they are in the radius of the size of Luigis Negative Zone final smash. This has some start-up and ending lag. This does no knockback what so ever. This can damage the opponent 10%.

You can activate this by doing Down-b, and you will know the timer ended, as it makes another Ding-dong sound like when Disaster enters the stage.

Do you people think it's too complicated for such a mechanic? I was just wondering

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
2 things:
1.) Thank GOD you got rid of that Pokey avatar.
2.) The moveset, however, looks very great. Nice presentation, innovative attacks, and that for a character who isn't anything but a pile of cactus balls. Good work!

Baloo

Smash Ace
Wow, Pokey is really good. It really is. I'll read it more in depth later, but from what I've seen, really great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom