• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ToS Presents: CLASH OF THE TITANS 4 - Philadelphia, PA - Feb 7/8 NATIONAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kai973

Smash Journeyman
Trust me everyone, doing 2 rounds of pools of 6 with top 3 advancing from each is amazingly fun. Much better then a huge bracket. You get to play a ton of people and still have a competitive bracket to look forward to. I've been in a 118 person bracket before and it's not as fun as you think. You have to wait FOREVER to play.

READ THIS POST.
Best idea I've read in the whole thread

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Chances of 257 people showing up to a tournament? Pretty low.

Get a lot of help from people from other regions with seeding if necessary.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
may i mention the pound 3 TV setup scheme, with a table, two TVs side by side facing opposite directions, with 4 chairs on each side. perfectly comfortable for everyone.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
may i mention the pound 3 TV setup scheme, with a table, two TVs side by side facing opposite directions, with 4 chairs on each side. perfectly comfortable for everyone.
Side-by-side? That sounds like a weird use of space...

Maybe back-to-back...

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
Trust me everyone, doing 2 rounds of pools of 6 with top 3 advancing from each is amazingly fun. Much better then a huge bracket. You get to play a ton of people and still have a competitive bracket to look forward to. I've been in a 118 person bracket before and it's not as fun as you think. You have to wait FOREVER to play.

READ THIS POST.

Perfect. Make this happen.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I like how everyone just bandwagons what I say lol <3 everyone.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Side-by-side? That sounds like a weird use of space...

Maybe back-to-back...
if its a long thin foldout table, that may not always work. also, when two TVs are close to each other than its tougher to have 2 teams matches going on. 8 people sitting around 2 TVs close together.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hey hey...

I have enough babies to go around for everyone.

:p

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
JG your babies will be mad ugly, they'll be half frankenstein and half godzilla
Nobody wants to have those babies

my babies will be Baby Peach and Lucas look alikes
and hell, even one Solid Snake baby

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
all this tourney talk, and i havnt even looked at the prices for the tourney yet :laugh:

huge bracket is kinda bad, youd have to wait so long. 2 rounds of pools is fine. Thats how they did it over at Wintergamefest, and it also had 200+ people

i like that setup of two tvs and 8 chairs to 1 foldout table. sounds efficient

lightxdream

Smash Apprentice
crismas will be there!

well crismas be here? I just got new headphones and they need stickers all over them
Alright I guess I forgot to ask chibo to please let everyone on the thread know those awesome stickers for your controller will be on sale for 50 cents each.

Never seen them?

here you go

Draw with care by my gf aka one of the best peaches and a god at teams( im the bf meatriding that one lolz )

Anyways chibo you can read what i wrote....put this up and announce it at the tournament. Pound 3 did it and it did wonders for that event XD.

As far as pools --- as long as we get done on time IDC how its set up.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
"We...have a problem. Mega Man X is a bounty hunter. He's come back in time and is programmed to terminate us."

Chibo, you tried to lose that Pikachu match so I wouldn't come to this! ;_;

lightxdream

Smash Apprentice
ok if you guys want them pm her , she plays smash u know godlike peach XD , anyways chibo please put her on the thread as a feature she works hard and it will be something people can do thats not tournament related.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
My god! *leo style* lol. Thanks hun<3

I'll make sure to have lot's o' stickers. You can also include the new Zelda and new Shiek I made too I'm thinking of making those into stickers.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Ok, here's some things I should probably address...

Housing
I can literally house the entire population of the tournament easily. I just live ~1 hour from the venue. I live in a hotel. I am going to get several rooms at a very cheap rate and charge people like $5. I'm housing my crew in my own rooms that I live in. If you need housing, just show up. The Palmer Inn, 3499 Route 1 South, Princeton, NJ, 08540. My phone number is 732-829-1805. I am probably going to pay for three rooms and then have everyone give me the money for them.

Brackets/Pools
I agree that doing pools of 6 with top 3 advancing to a bracket would be one of the best things to do. Maybe even pools larger than that. Chibo, you should probably do the pools in a way that gets 64 players into a bracket without it just being top 2. Top 3-4 is good.

Livestream/Hosting
Chibo, you know I'm an incredible host and player. I'm perfectly willing to help you run things, do the livestream, run pools for you, etc. I enjoy it. We may not get along well on the boards, but I'm willing to help out as much as I can with this event for the good of the game and the community. I'll be bringing a TV and Wii as well. My events run INCREDIBLY smoothly. I'm a strict TO that gets things done fast. If you need an enforcer, please give me the authority to enforce rules and get things done. Your tournament will run very quickly.

lightxdream

Smash Apprentice
My god! *leo style* lol. Thanks hun<3

I'll make sure to have lot's o' stickers. You can also include the new Zelda and new Shiek I made too I'm thinking of making those into stickers.

I am a great bf so i will show her chrono trigger art !!!

buy her art at katsucon get at herXD

Umby

Smash Master
Alright I guess I forgot to ask chibo to please let everyone on the thread know those awesome stickers for your controller will be on sale for 50 cents each.

Never seen them?

here you go

Draw with care by my gf aka one of the best peaches and a god at teams( im the bf meatriding that one lolz )

Anyways chibo you can read what i wrote....put this up and announce it at the tournament. Pound 3 did it and it did wonders for that event XD.

As far as pools --- as long as we get done on time IDC how its set up.

Is it possible to get recolors of those?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom