• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I've noticed that too. I'm going to bold it whenever it comes up at that size.

For example.

Baloo

Smash Ace
I can see it too, but it's still a bit small.

How about you make it bigger:

For example.

D

Deleted member

Yes, I can. And I will change my font size in my moveset a bit later.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I can see it as well, Baron.

Papyrus FTW!

And Kit, I can see yours, too.

Though I'm not as familiar with Vivaldi. Guess I've never used it...

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
STOP TESTING FONTS IN THIS THREAD.

This is NOT a testing field for SWF's abilities.

And I can't see it

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Same story as always, if you have the font installed on your computer, you can see it. Otherwise, you're limited to the ones the board offers.

But, alas, Spade is right. Let this discussion be closed.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
If you people know that you have to download some fonts to see them, then why post saying "Can you see this?" if you have that knowledge anyway?

P.S: My Original Creation is going great (on the smashes now!), but i'm posting no previews, as it will surprise you all more, it's a promise I made for my self.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
So, now that that's settled... want a Preview of Ema?

...Ema, Like my previous Klavier, uses different weapons for a good amount of her attacks that can be used for a certain amount. Unlike Gavin, when you reach the limit, the item doesn't break or burn, but rather runs out. Each one of these moves have a different effect. Here is the list of different types of
... items she can use. No explanation right now, but there will in the actual moveset.

...(Luminol Spray)
(Snackoos)
...(Fingerprint Powder)
(Footprints #1) **\
...(Footprints #2)--(Complete Footprint)
(Footprints #3) __/
...(Scanner)

Maybe not...

Baloo

Smash Ace
So, now that that's settled... want a Preview of Ema?

...Ema, Like my previous Klavier, uses different weapons for a good amount of her attacks that can be used for a certain amount. Unlike Gavin, when you reach the limit, the item doesn't break or burn, but rather runs out. Each one of these moves have a different effect. Here is the list of different types of
... items she can use. No explanation right now, but there will in the actual moveset.

...(Luminol Spray)
(Snackoos)
...(Fingerprint Powder)
(Footprints #1) **\
...(Footprints #2)--(Complete Footprint)
(Footprints #3) __/
...(Scanner)

Maybe not...
...You link to the place you're working on her in your sig, anyone can see any edits you make to it at any time.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
The horizontal area for a quoted post is smaller than the normal area. That's why.

On another note, would anyone be terribly disappointed if I nixed Butterfly Kirby and/or Marle?

Baloo

Smash Ace
The horizontal area for a quoted post is smaller than the normal area. That's why.

On another note, would anyone be terribly disappointed if I nixed Butterfly Kirby and/or Marle?
I would die if you canceled butterfly Kirby. I would go emo and kill myself and then come back and haunt you.

Nix Marle, I don't care about that.:laugh:

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as

But the problem is that usually, this is impossible. Unless Baloo added an extra paragraph, there shouldn't be an extra space... unless ... :chuckle:

I don't know for either of them. I'd say probably Marle, but then again I'm really sure.

And BTW, There's no link to my workspace now... SO THERE!

peeup

Smash Lord
Peeup presents: Shikamaru Nara!

Author’s note: I am not a Naruto fan, though I was a few years ago. I haven’t seen much past the Chuunin exams, so I do not know the full extent of what Shikamaru can do. I have, however, played games like Clash of Ninja and Ultimate Ninja, so I do know a little bit. I will be making up some of his Jutsu as I see fit, but it will stay close to what he would be able to do. Please don’t flame for inaccuracy, just tell me and I will correct it.

Stats:
Speed: 5/10. He’s too lazy to run his hardest, so he ends up in the middle of the crowd.
Power: 4/10. He’s never been a physical powerhouse. He relies more on strategy and out-thinking his opposition
Weight: 5/10. Not much to say here… he’s like, 13 years old or something.
Fall Speed: 4/10. Again… he’s not that big, so he wouldn’t fall that fast
Size: A bit taller than Mario
Crouch: He goes into this ‘thinking stance’. He is about half as tall as he is normally.
Crawl: None
Wall jump/cling: None
Jumps: 9/10. Everybody in Naruto jumps from tree to tree like a monkey. No surprise his jumps are so good.
Air Speed: 7/10. Same reasoning as above.

Standard Attacks:

AA Combo: Punch/Punch Combo: A simple right hook, left hook combo. Low knockback. 3%/4%

UTilt: Vertical Kunai Arc: Shikamaru takes a kunai and swings it over his head in an arc like a sword. It can juggle 2 or 3 times depending on the percent of the target. This is similar to DK’s utilt in appearance. 7%

FTilt: Horizontal Kunai Arc: Shikamaru takes a kunai and swings it forward like a sword. 8%

DTilt: Kunai Stab: Shikamaru stabs the ground in front of him with a kunai. This attack is very fast, like Ness’ dtilt. It has a high chance of tripping. 5%

Smashes:

USmash: Uppercut: A fairly weak smash attack that hits above and in front of Shikamaru. It has very little lag on either end, so it can be used to finish off an utilt juggle. 8-14%

FSmash: Shadow Wave: Shikamaru sends a small water-like wave of shadow in front of him. The hitbox for this attack is its greatest asset… it’s about as big as the entire hitbox of Charizard’s rock smash. It is his move with the highest knockback. 11-16%

DSmash: Shadow Pool: Shikamaru creates a small, flat pool of shadow on the ground on either side of him. These cause no knockback, but rather they cause the opponent to fall down. 10-14%

Aerials:

NAir: Aerial Somersault: Shikamaru does a somersault in midair, turning his body into a hitbox. It has very little lag, but low damage and virtually no knockback. 6%

UAir: Headbutt: Shikamaru headbutts the air above him. It has very little range and is fairly slow, but it can kill off the top at higher percents. 10%

FAir: Elbow Blow: Shikamaru uses his elbow to attack the space in front of him. It meteor smashes if it connects at the elbow. 9%

BAir: Back Elbow Blow: Shikamaru reaches behind him with his elbow. Similar to his FAir, but this has extra range and less damage. 7%

DAir: Stomp: Shikamaru stomps his feet. This is a meteor smash as well. 7%

Specials:

Neutral Special: Shadow Possession Jutsu: A small shadow extends in front of Shikamaru along the ground. The shadow is about as long as Mario. If the shadow connects with the opponent, the opponent will be unable to move. They will be forced to copy the exact actions of Shikamaru. For example, if Shikamaru walks backwards, the target will walk backwards as well. This can be used to kill if Shikamaru is farther from the edge than his opponent is… he can walk backwards until the opponent is off the edge and unable to recover. The effect lasts exactly the same amount of time as grabs did in melee—it is proportional to your percent and can be shortened by spazzing on the control sticks.

Up Special: Mini Parachute: During his Chuunin Exam match against Temari, Shikamaru created a small parachute out of his sweater and a kunai. This move creates the same thing, but a gust of wind pushes the parachute upwards as Shikamaru holds on. This is identical to G&W’s up special, except it cannot deal damage.

Side Special: Shadow Kunai: Shikamaru throws a kunai, exactly like Link’s arrow. However, if it hits an enemy, they are sucked downward by a shadowy hand. If the kunai hits a target while they are not over land, no shadowy hand will grab them downward. If they are over land, they will be drawn to the ground and will fall down. 5%

Down Special: Shadow Mine: Shikamaru places a small puddle of shadow on the ground. Any foe that walks over it will fall down, like Diddy’s bananas. However, unlike Diddy’s bananas, they deal 4%, they can’t be picked up, and they can only be used once. Only one can be active at a time. This attack does nothing in the air.

Grabs: Shadow Grab: Shikamaru sends a shadow along the ground a bit shorter than Olimar’s grab, with similar lag.

Pummel: Shadow Strangulation: A shadowy hand reaches up the foe’s throat and strangles them for 4%

UThrow: Shadow Explosion: A small explosion of shadowy energy occurs and the foe is propelled upwards. 10%

FThrow: Shadow Push: The foe is pushed forwards by a shadowy hand (like Isaac’s hand) the distance of two Snakes lying down. 8%

BThrow: Shadow Catapult: A shadowy hand emerges from the ground, picks up the entrapped foe, and launches them backwards. At higher percents, this can kill. 8%

DThrow: Shadow Slam: The foe is pulled down to the ground by a shadowy hand. This is like Snake’s down throw. 7%

Misc. info:

Soon to come.

D

Deleted member

The moveset could use some color, as well as descriptions of lag, range, knockback.

Also, a preview for my next moveset. I'm posting this because I want to know whether I should keep this format:

A Combo -- ??? "This attack is so simple, I shouldn't need to describe it: It's just three slashes. I pull out with favorite axe. My first slash is horizontal to the left, the second is to the right, and the last I swing straight upwards. Once I'm done, I just lay the axehead on the ground for a moment before putting the whole d*** thing away. What'd I say, it's just so d*** simple."

"...

"If ???'s axehead hits you, you're dealt about 6% damage and little knockback. If he hits you with the handle, you suffer 3% damage and low knockback. Fortunately, the axe takes up about 1 full block, and the axehead only takes up about a quarter of that. The swipes come in very quick succession, but ??? has to wait a moment afterwards before being able to attack again."

SirKibble

Smash Champion
But the problem is that usually, this is impossible. Unless Baloo added an extra paragraph, there shouldn't be an extra space... unless ... :chuckle:
Oh, you're referring to that secret bunch of text you added. I thought it was obvious and didn't realize you were still hinting at its existence.

Well, I guess I'll probably end up canceling Marle indefinitely, then.

@Shikamaru: It's a pretty good base, but I'd recommend a little more organization (white wall of text is so difficult to read sometimes) and some more creative attacks.

@Baron: Hmm... I don't know how I feel about that format. I like it and I don't at the same time. Wish I could tell you why. :ohwell:

Agi

Smash Lord
Well, I guess I'll probably end up canceling Marle indefinitely, then.
Would you mind if I took her from you, then? I've been considering a Chrono Trigger character, and I just realized that I haven't made a moveset for a female character... yet.

:bee:

@ All the text discussion

I can see it, but like Spade said, this isn't the place to talk about it.

EDIT: Hopefully you can expect Simirror in the next few hours... most likely by the end of the day, for SURE by the weekend's over.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Would you mind if I took her from you, then? I've been considering a Chrono Trigger character, and I just realized that I haven't made a moveset for a female character... yet.

:bee:
Go for it! :bee:

And with that, Marle is officially off my list of upcoming movesets.

EDIT: Hopefully you can expect Simirror in the next few hours... most likely by the end of the day, for SURE by the weekend's over.
Have I mentioned that I'm incredibly excited for this moveset? :grin:

Baloo

Smash Ace
Interesting moveset. A bit more detail would be helpful, but it's good. Yeah.

Simirror? OK, can't wait. Me likes Simirror almost as much as Chilly.

I call Plasma Wisp for MYM5/6.

Agi

Smash Lord
Now that I think about it, maybe i should join the crowd and make Kirby 64 using all of the powers in that game...

Then again, the popularity will die... so it's just a possibility.
Sorry, kits, but I claimed that one last week. :ohwell:

But I won't let you down! The standard B has 780 different forms! :laugh:

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I call Plasma Wisp for MYM5/6.
Noooooooooooo!!!

I wanted him for another set of Helpers.... :ohwell:

'Course, that was gonna be my big finale moveset in MYM5, so I wouldn't even be around to see a rendition in MYM6. Do that!

Baloo

Smash Ace
Noooooooooooo!!!

I wanted him for another set of Helpers.... :ohwell:

'Course, that was gonna be my big finale moveset in MYM5, so I wouldn't even be around to see a rendition in MYM6. Do that!
But Kibble, that's awfully inconvenient. My finale moveset in MYM5 was gonna be a few helpers, among which were Plasma Wisp. Oh well.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
But Kibble, that's awfully inconvenient. My finale moveset in MYM5 was gonna be a few helpers, among which were Plasma Wisp. Oh well.
Ah, well. Go for it. I'm an old-timer. I'm sure people are sick of me and my Kirby 'sets anyway. ;)

Baloo

Smash Ace
Ah, well. Go for it. I'm an old-timer. I'm sure people are sick of me and my Kirby 'sets anyway. ;)
But, your sets are 9001 times better than mine! You're going to cancel it? Because that's what it sounds like. Actually, I'll PM you with something very important about that Plasma Wisp set that will be much to much of a spoiler for the entire MYM4 thread to hear.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
But, your sets are 9001 times better than mine! You're going to cancel it? Because that's what it sounds like. Actually, I'll PM you with something very important about that Plasma Wisp set that will be much to much of a spoiler for the entire MYM4 thread to hear.
No, no, I insist you make the moveset. I've had my time and left my mark, it's time I started making way for the newcomers.

*gets idea*

Or.... Hehehehe.... Now there's a thought. :chuckle:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
If we were to be completely fair and unbiased, Kibble did call Plasma Wisp waaaay back, about the time he posted his first Helpers set. I've been hearing about that forever, and would be really disappointed to see it cancelled, Kibble. Seriously.

Although it seems like the two of you have some sort of plot, or something...

Baloo

Smash Ace
No, no, I insist you make the moveset. I've had my time and left my mark, it's time I started making way for the newcomers.

*gets idea*

NO! YOU DO IT!!!!

Or we both do it and hope they aren't similar.

Or whatever.

And K Rool, what plot? Kibble, is there a plot I don't know about?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
If we were to be completely fair and unbiased, Kibble did call Plasma Wisp waaaay back, about the time he posted his first Helpers set. I've been hearing about that forever, and would be really disappointed to see it cancelled, Kibble. Seriously.

Although it seems like the two of you have some sort of plot, or something...
Hmm....

We don't have any kind of plot. I alone did previously, but it's since been depleted.

Just do a joint set, is it that hard?
And Baron sees through to my idea. However, that won't be happening. After exchanging a few PMs, it seems that Baloo and I have very different ideas for the movesets containing Plasma Wisp!

NO! YOU DO IT!!!!

Or we both do it and hope they aren't similar.

Or whatever.

And K Rool, what plot? Kibble, is there a plot I don't know about?
Lol, there's no plot. We're each doing our own movesets. It's not like it's against the rules or anything, anyway!

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Plot? Scheme? Or just plain thought? Perhaps I'm construing this the wrong way...

When I said Kirby 64, I meant using the actual abilities in the game, Like Electric rock and Volcano. Like I said, I'll probably won't do this.
I'm pretty sure that's what agi's planning, kit.

*waits for Simirror anxiously*

Baloo

Smash Ace
Ah, yes. There was a plot, but it's not happening any more. Kibble was overwhelmed by my idea.

*Shuts mouth*

*Also waits for Simirror anxiously*

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Plot? Scheme? Or just plain thought? Perhaps I'm construing this the wrong way...
E: All of the above!

But, yeah, it's not happening. I had thought a joint moveset might be in order, but the ideas are too different for it to work.

Plot/scheme avoided.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
ANNOUNCING A JOINT SET FOR MYM5:

SUPER STAR ULTRA HELPERS

by Baloo and Kholdstare

All 20 Helpers from Kirby Super Star Ultra in one moveset.

THAT IS ALL.

Akiak

Smash Ace
OMFG.

All 20 in 1? That would be awesome. Wish I could help...if I had time.

For Paint Roller, I need a name for the "cookbook" for his paintings. What could I call it?
Cookbook is weird for paintings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom