• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
Capitalize your I's and your you're all set on the road to good grammar.
You, however, have some work to do. ;)

Just kidding. On an MYM-related note, I might have to prematurely abort Sypha for MYM5...if I'm making Mia, Rydia, AND Palom&Porom, I might be sick of mage characters by the time I get to her. :( So I'll have to think of anybody else I want to do...

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
Nice-lookin' AT, BKupa. also, for the MYM awards, can there be a "best boss" section, as all the bosses posted individually, with movesets, or in SM's are great, and i dont want to have them go unnoticed. Also, did anyone see the epic title on the top post?

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
I'm making Mia, Rydia, AND Palom&Porom, I might be sick of mage characters by the time I get to her. :( So I'll have to think of anybody else I want to do...
I'll do Porom and Palom if you don't want to do so many mages, Final Fantasy characters are really fun to make since they usually have such a rich backstory and repetoire of skills to draw from.

Anyway, Crono is just about ready so I'm going to post him tommorrow, and then I'll just polish him and Black Mage until the contest is over.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
I'll do Porom and Palom if you don't want to do so many mages, Final Fantasy characters are really fun to make since they usually have such a rich backstory and repetoire of skills to draw from.

Anyway, Crono is just about ready so I'm going to post him tommorrow, and then I'll just polish him and Black Mage until the contest is over.

Oh no, I'm definitely doing Palom and Porom; the little buggers are just too durn cute to pass up. ^_^ Plus, they've got a lot of different options. And Rydia is also a definite possibility due to her large variety of skills. I've also got a special treat for her moveset, but I have yet to start her.

YES!!

... I mean, that's sad. =/
Psh. Whatev. *Fwaps Spade with a large trout* You'd probably do her/them more justice than I would, although the whole issue on whether or not I want to do her remains up in the air (but I'm not saying you can't make her; feel free). Although, I have to do a CV character at some point...maybe if I feel like it, Eric could make a reappearance?

And I have a Disney character to make...sheesh, I'll have my work cut out for me.

half_silver28

Smash Ace

O_o looking forward to crono. & YES on FF characters

Psh. Whatev. *Fwaps Spade with a large trout* You'd probably do her/them more justice than I would, although the whole issue on whether or not I want to do her remains up in the air (but I'm not saying you can't make her; feel free). Although, I have to do a CV character at some point...maybe if I feel like it, Eric could make a reappearance?

And I have a Disney character to make...sheesh, I'll have my work cut out for me.
my god no more CV!!! .....
jk lol
disney movesets usually contain large amounts of win ~ :bee:

& gaiz.... Midna is ready to be posted

NEW PAGE PLZ

edit ~ this is #9

Baloo

Smash Ace
Oooh, cool. I'll probably be asleep by the time there's a new page, but I'll read it tomorrow. Minda is pwnsome.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Oooh, cool. I'll probably be asleep by the time there's a new page, but I'll read it tomorrow. Minda is pwnsome.

yes 'minda' is awesome. & so is maikng speeling erors obvoius
[/bad joke ftl]

& btw, #11

~ edit: well bleh. No one's around to get me to the next page. I guess I'll give it an hour or so :ohwell:

half_silver28

Smash Ace
From the Realm of Twilight…

Midna joins the brawl!!!

In this moveset, Teal denotes comments and notes from Midna herself.

Background
navosay! … totaka ay cotral! Hedu putah! … Sorry, can you understand me now? Good! This is Midna here. Ya know, the person this whole moveset is based on? Anyway, I’m from the Wii (or Gamecube) game called The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, in which I’m one of the central characters! I end up teaming up with Link (who I’m assuming you all know of) early in the game in order to save the place I call home, the Twilight Realm, from the despicable traitor known only as Zant. I also provide Link with quite a bit of info. about puzzles, bosses, and other stuff throughout the game, kind of like Navi from that Ocarina of Time game (but without the limited vocabulary). I’d happily reveal more about my role in the game to you, but that just wouldn’t be any fun at all, now would it? You’ll have to actually play the game if you want to find that out. Anyhow, I’ll be commenting frequently on different aspects of my moveset (generously provided by half_silver28). I am the one doing the fighting here, so you’d best listen to what I have to say! … Eee hee hee! See you later!

Stats
Power: 8/10
Height: 6/10 (I’m actually a bit on the short side, but the fact that I spend most of my time floating just above the ground makes me seem taller!)
Weight: 2.5/10
Walk speed: 2/10
Run speed: 5/10
Traction: 8/10
Jump power: 9/10
(I can jump up to 4 times, so I guess I’m a pretty good jumper.)
Drop speed: 3.5/10 (What would you expect from someone who normally flies around everywhere?)
Attack speed: 5/10
Priority: 7/10
Range: 8/10
Crouch: 7/10
Crawl: N/A

I’m also able to float in mid-air for a short amount of time, just like Princess Peach is able to. Honestly, I have no clue how she’s even able to do that. And how is it that a helpless girl like her is the princess of the mushroom kingdom? Not only does she get kidnapped every other week, she also plays golf with the very same person who does the kidnapping! Why is an irresponsible girl like her prin… *sigh*… Sorry, never mind.

Play Style
Don’t let Midna’s small size fool you; she is a serious offensive threat. She has no problems dealing damage, and has a ton of moves with KO potential. Her side, down and up specials can be used to play mindgames with the opponent, set up potential KOs, or, in the case of the side and down specials, simply be used as offensive weapons. She also has a great grab range, a good projectile game, a great recovery and can also use aerials well due to her floatiness. But even with all these advantages, Midna is far from broken. She is among the lightest characters in the game, and her floatiness comes with its own set of problems. Also, many of her moves are pretty laggy, which can sometimes make it hard to connect with them. Midna is not exactly a speed demon herself, with her movement speed being below average. There are two major strategies one can use when playing Midna. The first would simply be an all-out offensive rush, using Midna’s powerful attacks to KO the opponent before they can do the same to you. The second strategy would be to control the stage, through the use of Midna’s specials and long range attacks. With Midna’s powerful attacks, it won’t take that many hits to put your opponent in danger of being KOed, and Midna can use her mindgames in order to set up that killing strike.

Basic-ish Attacks

Neutral A Combo: Triforce Strike
Midna turns her ponytail into a spike and quickly swings it horizontally in front of her twice. The hitbox for this attack is just below Midna’s eye level, so these two hits may end up completely missing short characters like Kirby or Jigglypuff. For the third hit, Midna extends her hand, and red energy will radiate from it (think red electricity or something). This can score up to 4 weak hits on opponents, and has a range of half a character length, due in part to Midna’s short arms.

Start Lag: half a second
End Lag: half a second
Knockback: barely any
Damage: 3% for first two hits, 1-2% per hit for red energy
Priority: decent

Dash Attack: I’m not Master Hand!
While continuing to move forward at the same speed, Midna forms a fist about the same size as Kirby with her ponytail, and thrusts it forward. This attack has very good range (about 1 Bowser length), but because its hitbox is at Midna’s eye level, it will completely miss short characters. While not the quickest attack in terms of starting lag, it does pretty good damage for a dash attack.

Knockback: decent
Damage: 10%
Priority: good

Forward Tilt: Zant’s Charm

Midna puts her hand in front of her. Suddenly, Zant’s Charm (for all intents and purposes, it’s a large black and orange arrowhead that’s sharp on both sides) appears out of nowhere and quickly floats two stage builder blocks in front of Midna. It quickly spins around 3 times, scoring up to 6 hits on opponents, after which it will disappear. The charm itself is about the same size as one of Ivysaur’s Razor Leaf(s), so the hitbox is fairly small.

Start Lag: three-fourths of a second
Knockback: N/A
Damage: 2% per hit (max of 12%)

Midna’s Notes: Since Zant was kind enough to give this to us (Link and myself), we may as well use it, right? Well actually, since the main purpose of this thing is to
transform Link into a wolf
, this is my first time using it as a weapon. This attack can do quite a bit of damage fairly quickly, so its pretty good for that purpose. But I can’t bring the thing out instantly, so you should only have me use this when the opponent will be caught off guard!

Up Tilt: Impaling Hair-ven!
Midna transforms her ponytail into a spike again and quickly launches it above her head, reaching two stage builder blocks above her. This attack has great range and does a decent amount of damage, but it deals a set amount of upwards knockback to the foe, preventing them from being killed or comboed.

Start Lag: N/A
Knockback: good
Damage: 9%

Down Tilt: Great Spin
A sword suddenly appears in Midna’s hands (it’s the Ordon sword, which Link retrieves for Midna early in the game). Midna then spins around once in a circle with the sword pointed outwards, intentionally copying Link’s spin attack. She even yells out ‘Ha!’ as she executes the move. The sword itself reaches one and a half stage builder blocks outwards, dealing good damage and knockback. The drawback, however, is that Midna suffers a huge amount of end lag after attacking. The tip of the sword hits the ground, and it takes a second for Midna to raise the sword back up, at which point it disappears.

End Lag: one and a half seconds

Midna’s Notes: You didn’t think that I watched Link fight all this time just for the heck of it, did you? I’m actually trying some swordplay out for myself, and this attack is one of the few times I’ll actually use it in battle. I’m not as good as Link, but I can still do quite a bit of damage with this sword. However, thanks to this stupid imp form I’m stuck in, the sword is a bit heavy for me, and it takes me longer than it should to recover from attacking. Basically, just be careful when using this one!

Smashes

Forward Smash: No Tricks This Time!
Midna again transforms her ponytail into a Kirby-sized fist, and delivers a strong forward punch with it. This attack has very good range, reaching two stage builder blocks in front of Midna. This is a pretty powerful attack that’s certainly capable of getting KOs. However, it does have quite a bit of start and end lag that one has to be aware of while using this move. It should also be noted that opponents standing right in front of Midna when she attacks will take less damage and will be very briefly stunned instead of taking knockback.

Knockback: great
Damage: 14% uncharged, 22-23% fully charged, 9% uncharged up close, 15% fully charged up close

Up Smash: Fused Shadow Magic
Midna appears to let her guard down for an instant, as 3 ‘Fused Shadows’ can be seen floating around behind her. This things are pretty big, being almost as big as Midna’s helmet (these are the three items rotating around Midna in the pic for her Final Smash if my description is too vague). They will also be surging with black energy, which looks like black smoke. Anyhow, the actual attack involves two of these items suddenly flying above Midna’s head, separated by about a half a second. Each one reaches about one stage builder block above her. The attack does a good amount of damage, and briefly engulfs the foe in darkness upon hitting them (just like what happens after getting hit by a Warlock punch, only it engulfs them in black flames instead of purple).

Knockback: very good (upwards)
Damage: 12-13% uncharged, 20-21% fully charged

Midna’s Notes: So here I get to use the Fused Shadows, which have immense amounts of dark magic sealed within them. These items are very dangerous for, well, anyone, but especially for you light dwellers to come in contact with. Their dark power has been known to transform any light dweller who touches any of them, even the leader of the Goron tribe! But don’t worry, I won’t let them touch anyone long enough to affect them! Anyway, pretty much all I do for this attack is smack them with the Fused Shadows themselves. That in itself can do a lot of damage, not to mention blasting my opponents with dark energy. It doesn’t take me very long to do this either, so don’t be shy about using this one often! …By the way, I’m barely using a fraction of the Fused Shadows’ power here. You’ll be seeing the full power of the Fused Shadows soon enough…

Down Smash: Twilight Breakdown
Midna breaks her body down into twilight particles, which are basically just black & teal particles. You can see her actually doing this in the game here, from 1:39 to 1:41. Unlike Midna’s hair-based attacks, this one doesn’t have crazy range, only hitting opponents standing right next to here (on either side). This attack hits a total of seven times, and launches the opponent a good distance into the air. The foe will also surge with dark energy for a second, just like with Midna’s up smash.

Knockback: good (upwards; can’t kill)
Damage: 13% uncharged, 22% fully charged

Midna’s Notes:
Here’s a little trick that comes in handy! Breaking my body down into twilight particles isn’t only useful for getting through jail cell bars, I can also deal a lot of damage that way as well! It does, however, take me a second to completely break down into particles. I’d only use this as a surprise move if I were you.

Aerials

Neutral Aerial: Fused Shadow Circle
The fused shadows appear again and begin to rotate around Midna, damaging any foe who contacts them. Unlike Midna’s up smash, they are not surging with dark energy. This implies that this attack is merely using the Fused Shadows as blunt objects, rather than tapping into their dark power. This attack can hit opponents a total of three times, and barely causes any knockback. This attack is best used as a surprise damage-builder.

End Lag: N/A
Damage: 3-4% per hit (9-12% total)
Priority: bad

Forward Aerial: Dark Energy
Midna sticks her hands out in front of her, and a small ball of red energy radiates from her hands, which is about the size of one of Mario’s fireballs. This attack can do pretty good damage, getting up to 4 weak hits on opponents.

Damage: 3% per hit (12% total)

Back Aerial: Poke Poke!
Midna turns her ponytail into a hand, which proceeds to point directly behind her and attack by poking twice. This attack has very good range, reaching about one and a half stage builder blocks behind Midna. This attack does have killing potential once opponents get to the 130-140% damage range, but does have some start lag that can cause it to be dodged.

Damage: 4, 5% (9% total)

Up Aerial: Break the Chain!
This is the same move Midna used to break the chains that had been used to imprison Link early in Twilight Princess, hence its name. Midna puts her hands together in front of her chest (like what Zelda does for her side taunt), and a ball of red energy forms between her hands. She then whips her hands to her sides very quickly, unleashing a wave of energy. This energy wave reaches only three-fourths of a stage builder block above Midna, but getting hit by it can be fairly devastating. It deals great upwards knockback, being able to kill most opponents at 90%. This attack also has hitboxes on both sides of Midna’s head, which deal decent horizontal knockback to anyone who come into contact with them. Overall, this is a very powerful aerial, which is only dragged down by its bad starting lag.

End Lag: one second
Knockback: great (for direct hit only), decent (for side hit only)
Damage: 12% for direct hit, 7% for side hit

Down Aerial: Moblin’s Bane
The Ordon sword again appears in Midna’s hand, which she points downwards as she begins to plunge towards, only stopping once she hits the ground. This move is a pretty obvious rip-off of Link’s down aerial, and works in almost the same manner. The main difference is the end lag. It takes her a full two seconds to get the sword out of the ground when she lands.

Start: Lag: half a second
End Lag: 2 seconds (only if she hits the ground)
Knockback: great (downwards)
Damage: 14%
Priority: great

Midna’s Notes:
This is another maneuver that I’ve seen Link pull off pretty often, so I figured I’ve try this one for myself too! You should only be using this move when you know you’re gonna get a hit, since it doesn’t work out too well if I miss. I’ll end up either falling off the stage or getting the sword stuck in the ground, leaving myself wide open for attack.

Grabs

Grab: The Wallmaster
Midna forms her ponytail into a hand again, and quickly grabs in front of her, getting two stage builder blocks of range. Midna’s grab doesn’t have huge amounts of lag, so it could be considered one of the better grab moves in the game.

Midna’s Notes: Grabbing my opponents is no problem for me, seeing how I can just form a hand out of my hair and all. This can get slightly irritating for opponents, as this attack’s name suggests. Now I haven’t actually encountered one of these ‘Wallmasters’, so I can’t really help you out there, but I have had to deal with a similar enemy at one time. Anyhow, I can grab pretty quickly like this and have a good reach, so this is a great attack to abuse against your opponents!

Grab Attack: Squeeze
Midna simply clenches her fist to deal damage to the opponent.
Damage: 1-2%

Forward Throw: A Slap in the Face!
Midna lets go of the opponent, and floats back a tiny bit. She then suddenly slaps them with her big hand, dealing a good amount of damage and decent knockback. There’s nothing particularly special about this one.

Knockback: decent
Damage: 8-9%

Back Throw: Copycat
Here’s a much more interesting move. Midna quickly spins around, and transforms into an exact copy of the opponent! She then performs the victim’s own back throw on them (yep; if she transforms into King Dedede, she will smack him with his own hammer). After she does this, she spins again and transforms back to her normal self. As such, the specific statistics of this move vary.

Midna’s Notes:
Nothing’s wrong with having a little fun with this throwing business, right? Anyway, this move can end up being really good or really bad, depending on who I’ve grabbed. This throw won’t be very impressive if I happen to grab one of those ‘Fire Emblem’ guys, for example. Aside from potentially being very helpful, this also ends up being a pretty nice way to taunt your opponents! Eee hee hee!

Up Throw: Get Outta Here!
Midna drags the opponent near the ground, and then suddenly tosses them upwards. This attack deals a decent amount of knockback, but not much damage. The amount of knockback it deals is such that if the opponent doesn’t react immediately upon being throw, Midna can easily follow up this attack with her Up Tilt to tack on more damage.

Knockback: decent (upwards)
Damage: 6%
Priority: N/A

Down Throw: Frustration
Midna throws the foe onto the ground, and then pounds her fist on their back twice, looking slightly angry as she does so. The second hit causes them to fly a good distance into the air. This attack deals quite a bit of damage, but has zero killing potential.

Knockback: good (upwards; can’t kill)
Damage: 11%

Specials

Neutral Special: Twilight Power
Midna’s hand begins pulsing with red energy, and she quickly flicks her hand in front of her, firing a ball of red energy that’s about as big as one of luigi’s fireballs and has similar range and speed. Midna can also slightly angle the projectile upwards or downwards, but loses a bit of range in the process. However, that is only one part of this move…

Damage: 5-6%

As I said before, the above projectile is only one way this move can be used. Midna will use a different energy-based attack depending on how long B is held. If B is held for any length of time, Midna will put her hands together in front of her chest (just like for her up aerial) and charge a ball of red energy between them. There are 3 different attacks Midna can use from this position.

If B is held for less than a second:
Midna will stop charging, effectively canceling this move. She suffers very little lag when she cancels the move like this.
If B is held for one and a half seconds or more:
Midna will quickly whip her hands to her sides (again just like her up aerial), and unleash red energy on both sides of her. However, she is not guaranteed to hit to hit the opponent. In order for this attack to work, an opponent has to be on the ground, and within 4 stage builder blocks of Midna. The foes ankles will briefly surge with red energy, and they will trip on the spot (curse you Sakurai!), taking 10% damage in the process. It will also take them at least second to get up, which makes up for the slight ending lag Midna suffers.

Start Lag: N/A (after releasing B)
Knockback: N/A
Priority: N/A

If B is held for 3 seconds: (Midna can’t charge beyond 3 seconds)
Not surprisingly, this is the most powerful attack Midna can use from her charging pose. Midna will hold her hands out in front of her (with the ball of charged energy floating in front of them) and fire her lazor a blast of electric-looking energy. This energy blast is about the same size as ROB’s fully charged laser, but deals better knockback, and causes the opponent to surge with red energy for a second. Midna suffers a good amount of end lag after executing this attack.

Start Lag: half a second (after releasing B)
End Lag: 2 seconds
Damage: 15-16%

Midna’s Notes:
This move pretty much showcases a few of the ways that I can use twilight energy. Granted, I could do a lot more if I had my full power, but what I can do right now is pretty cool nonetheless! Being able to shoot balls of energy at people is pretty basic, but I can do it pretty rapidly, so they’ll have to work hard to avoid them all. Once I start charging energy, I can do some more interesting things. If you want, you can simply have me stop charging energy once I start, which can catch foes off guard. I can simply unleash all that energy after a short time, which can trip up oncoming attackers. I don’t know why, but people tend to yell out “curse you Sakurai!!!” when they get tripped up like that. Who exactly is this ‘Sakurai’ person? Anyway, the most powerful attack I’ll use twilight energy for involves blasting my opponents with it directly, which can hurt them pretty badly. However, since I have to charge for a couple seconds to do this, they’re likely to catch on and interrupt me before I can finish. You’ll just have to use this one when your foe’s not paying attention…

Forward Special: Twili-kinesis
Midna again transforms her ponytail into a hand, only to causally point in front of her with it. When she does so, a bolt of red energy shoots out of her fingertip. In order for this attack to do anything, an opponent must be on the ground, and no more than two and a half stage builder blocks in front of Midna. When an opponent gets hit by the energy bolt, they will briefly surge with energy and will be immobilized for two seconds. However, Midna will not be free to move just yet. You have to continue this move by hitting either left, right or up. If left or right is hit, the opponent will be thrown a decent distance in that direction and take 5% damage. If up is hit, Midna will suddenly raise both of her arms (and her ponytail/fist) into the air, yelling out ‘Ha!’ as she does so. The opponent is then levitated one and a half stage builder blocks into the air. They will stay levitated for 3 seconds, as they visibly struggle to try to break free. Holding left or right will cause the foe to float in that direction, at a pace of two stage builder blocks per second (they can’t be levitated off the stage).

In order to finally end this move, you’ll have to press up, down or B. Pressing up will cause the opponent to be thrown a good distance upwards, and dealing 9% damage in the process. Pressing down will cause them to be thrown to the ground, dealing 10% damage to them. Midna will actually point towards the ground with her ponytail/hand this time, as if directing them to the ground. Pressing B will cause Midna to act as if the move is over; she will turn her ponytail back to normal, which takes about a second. However, the opponent will remain floating in the air for two seconds, giving Midna an opportunity to come up and attack them. On another note, Midna can also use this move to levitate items. When she uses this move on any sort of item, she can carry it around effortlessly in a similar fashion to Mewtwo in Melee (it will always target enemies first though). However, she will be unable to use any specials until she gets rid of the item.

Start Lag: one second
Knockback: varies(can’t kill regardless)
Damage: 5-10%

Midna’s Notes:
You don’t suppose that the inability to control their own movements could ever be a good feeling for your foe, right? Well this is exactly what I do to them here; if I manage to hit them with my initial attack, that is. It takes me about a second to focus long enough to do this, so your only chance of connecting is to attack when they least expect it! Once I’ve got them in my grasp, there are basically two different things I can do with them. I can simply throw them away, which can be useful depending on the situation. I can also move them around the stage, and put them in a position in which I can either set up against them or attack them. While this can end up being a very useful attack, I must say that this ability of mine is usually only used to move inanimate objects. So I’m not exactly used to using it to move people around like this. If only I were, I’d be able to toss them all the way across the stage!

Up Special: Twilight Portal
Midna pauses for a second, and then points at the ground directly in front of her. Two stage builder blocks of ground in front of her suddenly become engulfed in black twilight energy, and turns into a twilight portal a second later (just for the reference, it’s a small version of the portal that repairs the bridge on Bridge of Eldin). However, Midna can’t do anything with a single portal. She has to create another portal somewhere else on the stage. Once she creates a second portal, the fun starts. If any character (including Midna) steps on one of the portals, their body will break down into black twilight particles and travel to the other created portal, where they will quickly reform (they have super armor while teleporting). The entire teleportation process takes four seconds total. They will then have two seconds to move away from the portal before they will automatically teleport again. Any particular pair of portals can be used only twice before they disappear, allowing Midna to create new portals. Just for the record, you have to actually have to be standing upright on the portal (or walk or run on it) in order to use it. That basically means that you can’t throw people onto the portal to force them into using it. Midna can’t use this move in the air, unless she doesn’t have any solid ground beneath her. If Midna does use this move under those conditions, she will stop in mid-air for a moment and point directly under her, and a twilight portal will appear two stage builder blocks beneath her. Anyone who uses the portal will land on it as if it were a platform and teleport normally (you can only use it if you approach it from above). If Midna has already created one portal on ground, she can create another in mid-air to use for recovery. Also, if someone uses a portal on the ground to teleport to a portal in the air, they will automatically fall through the portal once they get there.

Start Lag: one second, four seconds while using a portal

Midna’s Notes:
I don’t usually use portals like this, but even so, they can prove quite useful. I can use them to make my way back to the stage, but I’m good at that anyway! I’d rather use my portals to mess with my unsuspecting foes… Eee hee hee! If you can manage to place one portal in an undesirable location, you can use another one to essentially re-shape the stage to your benefit. Also, you could create a portal to get yourself out of sticky situations. That is, if you already put another portal in a safe location. So exactly where you place portals is vital to using this move correctly.

Down Special: Transform
Midna stops moving for a second and spins around quickly. When she finishes the spin, she’ll have transformed into a perfect copy of another Brawl character! That’s right; she randomly transforms into another character. If she happens to transform into one of her opponents, she’ll be in an alternate costume to avoid confusion. Midna will be able to do all of the character’s moves, excluding the fact that she can’t copy enemy abilities with Kirby’s neutral special. One major difference, however, is that Midna keeps her own low weight, no matter which character she transforms into. She will also retain her voice; she won’t try to imitate character’s voices. Midna will automatically revert to her normal form once she gets hit five times, or if she loses a life. You can also force Midna to transform back to her normal form by holding down B. Regardless of which way Midna returns to normal, any character-specific items she left on the field while transformed (such as Snake’s C4) will disappear, and Midna will be unable to use her down special for 30 seconds afterwards. Finally, if Midna uses her Final Smash, gets hit by a Final Smash or gets sucked in by Kirby or King Dedede, she’ll automatically revert back to normal.

Start Lag: one second

Midna’s Notes: Now this can certainly be confusing for the average opponent; they think they’ve got me completely figured out, then I transform into a completely different character! And how do they would react to suddenly be facing… themselves? Granted, I don’t typically use this ability for fighting, so it’s fairly easy for foes to break my transformation. I would liken this move to a roll of a die more than anything, since I could end up taking a form that could either help or hurt your chances in the long run.

Final Smash

Twilight Rage
Wha…what the heck is this? You have no time to ponder such questions, as Midna has just grabbed a smash ball!
[/Sakurai]
When Midna activates her Final Smash, she gets the typical close up shot as the Fused Shadows appear again and rotate around her, and the stage darkens as well. The Fused Shadows rotate around her for three seconds, and anyone who is within two stage builder blocks of Midna will be frozen in place for the duration of the attack. If she doesn’t manage to catch anyone, the move fails and the Fused Shadows will disappear, with Midna letting out a sigh and saying something in her distinctive gibberish-speak before being free to move. When she does manage to catch someone, the move continues. The Fused Shadows will put themselves on Midna’s body, connecting to her helmet to form…um… something. Midna’s body will suddenly grow all gross and stuff, taking a few seconds to turn into the weird spider creature seen in the above picture. The creature is about as big as Porky, but only half as tall. The creature then holds out one of its arms, and a large gold spear that’s almost as big as itself appears in it. It immediately slams the spear into the ground in front of her, and the spot starts to glow with white light. There is a slight attraction to the spot that occurs during this time, so other characters will have to run a bit to avoid getting caught in the crossfire. After a few seconds of that, a large explosion occurs, which takes up about half of FD and has good vertical reach as well. While this does deal great damage and knockback to those caught in it, this is far from a guaranteed KO. It typically won’t kill until 60%. When the dust from the explosion settles, Midna will be back to normal, and the battle continues.

Knockback: great
Damage: 50%

Midna’s Notes:
I said before that you’d see the full power of the Fused Shadows soon enough. Well here it is! First of all, you have to get close enough to trap some unlucky victim, otherwise there’s nothing I can do! Luckily, I’ve got pretty good range when it comes to that. Anyhow, then I’ll transform into a, well, pretty ugly creature with six arms. Now I won’t want to stay in this form for long, so I’ll be finishing off my victims quickly. I’ll use my Twilight Spear (at least that’s what Zelda calls it) to cause a huge explosion that’ll literally blow them away! While this attack isn’t guaranteed to kill everyone who gets caught in it, it isn’t particularly hard to catch your opponents in it either.

Taunts & Victory Animations

Up Taunt: Aren’t You Scary!
Midna says something in her distinctive gibberish. However, there are Zelda-style subtitles that appear under her to show what she’s saying… “Oooh! Aren’t You Scary! Eee hee!”

Side Taunt: Ha!
Midna again says something in her gibberish… “Ha! Such conceit!”

Down Taunt: Did You Really Think I Left?
Midna suddenly dives into the ground, becoming like a shadow. She then immediately jumps back out, doing a flip as she gets back to her original position. She then lets out a laugh: “Eee hee hee!”

Victory Animation One: See You Later!
Midna basically flies onto the screen and floats there for a short time. A medium-sized twilight portal is seen hanging above her. She says something in her gibberish-speak, with the usual subtitles: “Eee hee hee! See you later!” Midna then teleports away via twilight portal.

Two: And I Was Just Starting to Have Fun Too…
Midna again talks in her gibberish: “Aw, I was just starting to have fun… Eee hee hee! See you later!” She then dives into the ground just like in her down taunt, but doesn’t come back up this time.

Three: Light and Shadow
Midna is a bit more serious with her gibberish-speech this time: “Well, I guess this is farewell, huh? Light and shadow can’t mix, as we all know…” Midna remains floating on the screen, but is distracted, obviously thinking about something else as she stares off towards the side of the screen.

Victory Theme
The same one the other Zelda characters have. However, she has a different end theme for her third victory animation, which consists of a few seconds of her theme from Twilight Princess (it’s included under the music for her stage).

Other Stuff

Entrance
A twilight portal appears in the sky, and Midna teleports down to her spot from it.

Idle Stance
Midna holds her hand in front of her mouth and lets out a short yawn, making her boredom obvious.

Roll Dodge
Midna floats in the background for a second, covering about the same distance that mario’s roll covers.

Shield
Midna defends herself using the Ordon shield, which is a wooden shield Link helped her obtain in an early section of TP.

Series Symbol
The Triforce, same as the other Zelda characters.

Wiimote Sound
Midna lets out a quick laugh, the same one she does in the game when she wants to speak with you or help you out.

Kirby Hat
Kirby gains Midna’s helmet and hair.

Snake Codec
Snake: This weird imp is giving me the creeps… what the heck is it even saying?
Otacon: That’s Midna, Snake. She’s a member of the Twili race, inhabitants of the Twilight Realm.
Snake: I should’ve guessed that it was a she… anyway, what’s this strange power it…er… she’s using?
Otacon: I’m not exactly sure, but that seems to be the shadow magic used by the Twili. Though Midna probably wields more power than the average Twili, even in her weakened state.
Snake: Weakened state? So this isn’t her true form?
Otacon: Well actually… *whispers something to Snake
Snake: What the?! Then why is she… *codec cuts off*

Stage & SSE Related Stuff

Stage: The Mirror Chamber
There are no tricks to this stage; it’s just your average walk-off stage. The Mirror of Twilight can be seen in the background on the stage, and… well, it might serve you better to just go to 8:03 on the Youtube vid here(do NOT go past 8:03, unless you don’t mind spoilers). The main focus on this stage will be the atmosphere set by the music, which focuses on more melodic songs rather than battle themes.

Music
Don’t Want You No More
Midna’s Theme/After the Fight
Gerudo Desert
Vs. Stallord
Temple of Time Entrance
Hyrule Castle
Beast Ganon/The Final Battle
Midna’s Lament
Sacred Grove
Astral Observatory
Zelda’s Theme
The Goddess Appears

SSE Role/Unlock
Midna has no SSE role, excluding her role in MasterWarlord’s SSE, Master Hand’s Royal Flush. Midna can be unlocked by clearing Classic Mode with Link, Zelda, Sheik and Ganondorf on normal or higher without continuing. She can also be unlocked by winning 10 vs. matches with Zelda. She also appears in a secret door in the first subspace level in Brawl’s SSE.

… why are you still reading? Half_silver didn’t make a whole bunch of extras this time; Brawl has enough stickers, trophies, assist trophies and bosses already! … So I guess this is where I leave you… I hope you liked this moveset! See you later!

SILVER STRIKE!!!
:p

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Very good Half Silver, and about time too :laugh:

This is your best moveset in this contest, and I like the notes, although I feel that the aerials could do with some more.

Well done :bee:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Midna was an interesting read, but her attack speed is HORRIBLE!. One second of lag for most moves? That's longer than a Falcon Punch!

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I hadn't noticed about attack lag.
You should either reduce her Attack Speed from 6 to something lower, or give her less laggy attacks. It would be really difficulty to hit with her Up- Air, and if I played as her, I'd probably stick with the n-air, which seems to be her less laggy, and most effective move.

However, her other aerials are laggy, and combined with a high jump and floatiness, she would have a hard time hitting with them, and if she short hopped, she'd hit the ground before she'd use the attack.

That isn't to say it isn't a great moveset though, it could just use a tiny bit more work.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Aside from the lag problems, Midna looks absolutely awesome!! Lol, I know I'd be abusing the Down Special just for fun all the time if I played as her. :laugh:

Oh, and I love that you included
SILVER STRIKE!
:laugh:

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Wow nice job Silver! The comments are nice and give it a nice feel. Cheers!
Very good Half Silver, and about time too :laugh:

This is your best moveset in this contest, and I like the notes, although I feel that the aerials could do with some more.

Well done :bee:
Midna was an interesting read, but her attack speed is HORRIBLE!. One second of lag for most moves? That's longer than a Falcon Punch!
I hadn't noticed about attack lag.
You should either reduce her Attack Speed from 6 to something lower, or give her less laggy attacks. It would be really difficulty to hit with her Up- Air, and if I played as her, I'd probably stick with the n-air, which seems to be her less laggy, and most effective move.

However, her other aerials are laggy, and combined with a high jump and floatiness, she would have a hard time hitting with them, and if she short hopped, she'd hit the ground before she'd use the attack.

That isn't to say it isn't a great moveset though, it could just use a tiny bit more work.
I thought a falcon punch took more than a second :dizzy:

anyhow, I've fixed some of the lag issues ~ & thanks for the awesome comments gaiz lol

Midna looks absolutely awesome!! Lol, I know I'd be abusing the Down Special just for fun all the time if I played as her. :laugh:

Oh, and I love that you included
SILVER STRIKE!
:laugh:
thanks kibble!!! & I couldn't help but include
SILVER STRIKE!

SILVARRRRRR THRUUUUUSSSSSTT!/ripoffDededeminion :laugh:

Aside from fixing the lag issues, it looks like a very solid moveset, it's no doubt your best set you have created so far.
that's nowhere near as cool as mine :p ...
SUPER SONIC THRUST!

yay Midna's liked :bee:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I haven't commented on a moveset in a considerable time in the thread (Or really said much of anything). . .But I've been waiting for this one and it's pretty dang good to boot.

As Akiak said, the notes really help to give the moveset more character, and you actually managed to make them sound relatively in character for her, which was a pleasant surprise. The moves are much more original then Spyro and your other works, they're up to the ridiculously high standards we've set for sure.

K. Rool, Cruxis (Not that you're here), and any other organization freaks, THAT is how you make a good impression through presentation.

Can't wait to review this one.

Needs moar of her humanoid form though.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
That's a lot better now Half Silver, she seems a lot more playable, and I agree with Warlord about the presentation of the moveset.
I've also noticed how cool the Final Smash picture layout is.

Junahu

Smash Ace
that's nowhere near as cool as mine :p ...
SUPER SONIC THRUST!
you should have equipped a Sardonyx

LIGHTNING THRUST! SUPER LIGHTNING THRUST! Light spear cannon

That's Lightning, from Gladiators.. get it? It was a pun.
//Early 90s british humour//

...anyway, I loved reading Midna, there's a lot of entertaining, and relevant, nods to the game itself. It never felt like something was jammed into the moveset just because it was in the game.

That said...
Not being able to randomly transform into MetaKnight is a little silly, and a very arbitrary limitation. You may as well just force her to ditto one of her opponents rather than say "you can be anyone... except him"

half_silver28

Smash Ace
I haven't commented on a moveset in a considerable time in the thread (Or really said much of anything). . .But I've been waiting for this one and it's pretty dang good to boot.

As Akiak said, the notes really help to give the moveset more character, and you actually managed to make them sound relatively in character for her, which was a pleasant surprise. The moves are much more original then Spyro and your other works, they're up to the ridiculously high standards we've set for sure.

K. Rool, Cruxis (Not that you're here), and any other organization freaks, THAT is how you make a good impression through presentation.

Can't wait to review this one.

Needs moar of her humanoid form though.
& I thought I was MYM's biggest lurker... :laugh:

but it is really nice to hear that the detail nazi likes my moveset too ~ & if you remember, you had to talk me out of canceling her altogether, so thanks for that also
& I'm happy that you would praise my presentation like that too, so.... :bee:

YES REVIEW IT. I wasn't so keen on getting spyro a review, but Midna I think deserves one w/ all the feedback its getting. & could I also ask you to put a Midna-centric level in your story mode; one that requires her to use portals to get through it? It's just an thought, you don't have to do it if it won't fit in the story.

humanoid Midna = ZOMG spoilers
:eek:

That's a lot better now Half Silver, she seems a lot more playable, and I agree with Warlord about the presentation of the moveset.
I've also noticed how cool the Final Smash picture layout is.
thanks!!! & It was only by chance that I came across the picture layout for the FS, so don't thank me for that one ~

you should have equipped a Sardonyx

LIGHTNING THRUST! SUPER LIGHTNING THRUST! Light spear cannon

That's Lightning, from Gladiators.. get it? It was a pun.
//Early 90s british humour//

...anyway, I loved reading Midna, there's a lot of entertaining, and relevant, nods to the game itself. It never felt like something was jammed into the moveset just because it was in the game.

That said...
Not being able to randomly transform into MetaKnight is a little silly, and a very arbitrary limitation. You may as well just force her to ditto one of her opponents rather than say "you can be anyone... except him"
I'd rather use... LIGHTNING BLADE! SUPER LIGHTNING BLADE!!!

& early 90's british humor ftl... :p

& about the Meta-knight limitation, I would just find it annoying for Midna to be trading blows w/ bowser or ganondorf, & then suddenly turn into meta-knight & start spamming whornado on them. I guess I'll either remove the limitation or nerf whornado (may Midna can get dizzy if she spams it).

actually, I think I'll just remove the limitation. there are plenty of characters she could transform into, & when I think about it, it would be worse to become dedede against DK or marth against ness or lucas :dizzy:

I'm happy you like Midna as well lol

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Wow. *reads moveset*

Awesome job, half_silver, very awesome. She is VERY true to character, and the notations make it even more so. You captured her speaking style exactly.

The thing that really stands out to me is the organization and appearance. The text is very easy to read and appealing. This is probably one of the easiest movesets to read in this contest, definitely up to par with Kibble and K.Rool.

I'm voting for this one :bee:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
ALSO CHECK OUT THE TITLE OF MY MYM5 SM A PAGE AGO!
OMG OMG !!! It's a TITLE!! I'm SO excited!! BECAUSE A TITLE SAYS EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR STORY! I'll SO love it, I can tell already, because the title is SO AWESOME! OMFG!

[/sarcasm]

Seriously, do you really think that's necessary? I don't think so. You might like your title, but it's just another title. Nothing to be excessively annoying over.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Also, for the voting list, we need the best joke movesets category if there isn't one (Hopefully, my Smeargle set would take this one, Super Gimp Charizard is a great runners-up though).
and I would SO win the most sarcastic MYMer award. You lot should recognise the originality and quality of Smeargle, and Uncloned Wolf, Top 10 material sets right there!

Spades going to use Genocide Crush, everyone... RUN. /Undeadhero

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Also, for the voting list, we need the best joke movesets category if there isn't one (Hopefully, my Smeargle set would take this one, Super Gimp Charizard is a great runners-up though).
and I would SO win the most sarcastic MYMer award. You lot should recognise the originality and quality of Smeargle, and Uncloned Wolf, Top 10 material sets right there!

Cat Clancer and Giygas say hi.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
DFM forgot those Gagsets

DFM makes excuse by saying he was being sarcastic.

DFM faints from being objected

Kholdstare gave DFM the khold shoulder

DFM whitted out, and gave Khold £1000

/IZSOFUNALOLCHILLINZ

Junahu

Smash Ace
I'd rather use... LIGHTNING BLADE! SUPER LIGHTNING BLADE!!!
.. dang, you're right. I got it mixed up with;
HURRICANE THRUST!

and just to let you know;
One of the subheadings for your neutral-B
If B is held for one and a half seconds or more:
wasn't highlighted, underlined or separated like the others. It's a minor formatting quibble, but I'd feel remiss if I didn't inform you.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Midna was definately a good set.

ALSO CHECK OUT THE TITLE OF MY MYM5 SM A PAGE AGO!
Wow. *reads moveset*

Awesome job, half_silver, very awesome. She is VERY true to character, and the notations make it even more so. You captured her speaking style exactly.

The thing that really stands out to me is the organization and appearance. The text is very easy to read and appealing. This is probably one of the easiest movesets to read in this contest, definitely up to par with Kibble and K.Rool.

I'm voting for this one :bee:
:bee: thankxx XXD ~
wow I'm really not used to my moveset getting so many comments. when I went to bed last night w/o any comments, it felt like I was back in MYM 2 lol

@goldwyvern: shameless advertising ftl
jk, but you've made spade angry

Oh boy... you've made Spade angry, goldwyvern. Go hide in the bunker.

*hides from angry spade*

don't worry, I'm including best joke moveset... and HOW did I manage to forget uncloned wolf??!! *adds*

I'm also adding best n00b new MYMer, & possibly, best special mechanic (since that's almost become a requirement in this contest)

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
When are you going post the voting list? Like... on a specific date or something?

And the new MYMer category was a neccessary, alot of newcomers have came in to our community this MYM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom