• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Even more words.
I never said I didn't accept your thoughts. I just said, that, in my experience, being kind to everyone brings me pain. If you think this will bring you achievements in your life, I won't stop you. I shared my experiences, you shared yours. I said not that your thoughts are dumb or anything, but that FOR ME they aren't what I want. They aren't what I will do. They aren't what would help me.
Your voice is heard. If it wasn't, I wouldn't even respond to you.

I was comparing with my lifestory because I wanted to tell you WHY I've become so blunt. Not to make you seem like a wimp or anything else. I wanted to tell you that I have my REASONS for me being like I am. No thing comes from nothing.

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
Good, I'm okay with both of us accepting the other's ideas as their own. A little (but barely acceptable) complaint was that quoted my ideas as "words", but that can be accepted.

Seriously, no one is noting how I gave a debate on a Wii? I thoughr it was somwhat incredible (and I was the person that made the achievement possible), but that's just me...

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
@ Kits v. Spade:

...Guys, can't we all just be FWIENDS??? :bee:

Also, on an MYM note, Mia is coming along nicely. And it's not like Estelle where I said she was coming along nicely when, in reality, I hadn't even written an attack. I'm serious this time. She shall be awesome!

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
EDIT: @Trphy Master: I just saw the Pokey review on the Stadium is done, you didn't comment on it, so I wasn't sure if you saw it. Soo, yeah. It's there.
Yeeeep, three reviews are up - count 'em, three. If you're Pelikinesis or TWIL (unlikely in both cases), check it NOW.

Kingler and/or Tentacruel
Uh, YEAH? DO IT, JIMNY! DO IT!

*insert Sundance's "DO IT" picture here*

For those who didn't read him because of my horrible performance with Prof. Rowan, please read it, it's much better! :bee:
'Tis true, everyone who hasn't should read it. Indeed.

So, on another note, I'm officially putting my SM on standby. I may come back to it later, I may not. Probably not.

I've just got too much I want to do for movesets! :bee:
Ohoho, standby! Sneaky of you, Kibble. That's what I did too, yeah. I put it on standby... *coughcough*

Also, my thought on this recent argument is that Spade is a good guy, and the most honest MYMer by far. He fills a vital niche in our society, here. He may be (occasionally) rough, but it takes all sorts, y'know? [GHOST]

Also, I haven't read Midna yet. Shocking, I know, but I haven't had the chance. Good thing everyone forgot that I'm the Midna fanboy... *shifty eyes*

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Correction: FFVI > any other FF EVEN FFIV.

/opinion

Crap, Golbez is being made now? *gets off his butt and puts Cecil into writing*

@drama:

See, this is why I don't have online friends. I'd never go OFFline. Besides, I'm far too busy being enigmatic/creepy/unnoticed.

Oh, and if anyone has a good Final Smash idea for Cecil in mind, do share. It's the last thing I'll worry about, but it could also be the first thing I DON'T have to worry about because someone else inspired/thought it up for me.

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
Crono's ready, new page please!

Please note thatthe Youtube vids will be coming later as I add and tweak BM and Crono, because accessing Youtube here crashes my internet.

I'm pretty sure tis is #11

Cecil's Final Smash:

NAMINGWAY

Namingway appears on the stage, making a random name appear over each character's head. He then pulls out a map and a pencil and starts erasing part of the map, shrouding parts of the screen in darkness as he does so. Then he rewinds everyone but Cecil's movements since the time he appeared. Then he goes into a tent and comes back out with a lute and begins singing, putting those near him to sleep before pointing in a random direction, causing the characters to all look in that direction while he puts his lute down and splatters rainbow pudding all over the place. Lastly, he does apowerful attack to anyone within a Kirby lenght of him and then prevents all attacks except Cecil's from landing for the next 5 seconds.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Correction: FFVI > any other FF EVEN FFIV.

/opinion

Crap, Golbez is being made now? *gets off his butt and puts Cecil into writing*
Yes, but he will be posted in MYM5. Don't worry, you'll have plent 'o time. ^_^

Also, FFVI is very good, but IV was the first SNES part I played and Golbez is friggin awesome. IV just did it for me. VI and Kefka are great (hence I made a Kefka moveset... if you read it you might notice my affection towards that character), but I'd take Golbez any day.
Those crazy Lunarians... =3

half_silver28

Smash Ace

I'm so ready to have someone else's moveset be the center of attention now...
:ohwell:

& thanks for moar awesome comments gaizz XXD

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
#12, then.
Frankly, I have no idea, and neither do the people below me.

So far it's been true what they say: The first Final Fantasy game one plays will forever be their favorite. I don't know who "they" are who said it, but it's been unerringly true so far.

Crono?!

Someone should do Dalton. Did I say that already? I probably did.

EDIT:

Great FS idea, unfortunately my take on Cecil is mostly serious so it wouldn't be appropriate. With a bit of tweaking that would make a GREAT Assist Trophy, though.

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
Crono

Game of Origin:Chrono Trigger

Backstory (excerpt from Wikipedia): Crono is the silent protagonist of the game Chrono Trigger. He lives with his mother in the Guardia kingdom, in the town of Truce. While the other six playable characters have many lines of dialogue, Crono’s responses are usually implied through gestures and reactions, often for comedic effect. He wields a katana and once he obtains magic his techs become lightning-oriented, although this element has also been called heaven and light. Although he is a silent protagonist, he is shown to have romantic feelings for Marle, as shown by his dream after being knocked out a one point in the game, in which Marle is his wife. Crono, Marle, and Lucca later appear in the game Chrono Cross as apparitions of themselves as children.

----------

Movies: The following list contains cutscenes, battles, and other parts from Chrono Trigger that help portray Crono well.

WARNING: These videos may contain some spoilers!
Technique Exhibition(Various Clips) – All characters’ single techs are shown here. Hint: Crono is the one with red hair.

*More Coming Soon!
----------

Music: Anything I say here would be redundant
- Robo’s Theme
- Chrono Trigger Battle Theme
- The Black Omen

STATS

Size: Average human. *A bit shorter than Link

Weight: Average for a guy with a sword, about as heavy as Marth

Jumps: 2

Jump (1): Crono bends his legs and then jumps. Decent speed, but not as much vertical gain as some.
Jump (2): Crono kind of spins in midair to gain height. Not much, but a big enough boost to give him a respectable jump height overall.

Speed (Walk): Crono walks a bit faster than Ganondorf.

Speed (Run): Crono runs about 2/3 as quickly as Marth.

Speed (Attack): Crono makes up for anything he may lack in power with speed, attacking faster than pretty much any other swordsman bar MK.

Speed (Falling): Crono falls about the same speed as your average guy with a sword, so roughly Marth’s speed.

Traction: About as good as Captain Falcon’s

Range: His sword isn’t long by any means, but his magic and good speed stat balance it out.

Crouch: Crono kneels down, bracing himself with his hand. This is one of the worse crouches in the game, but not THE worst.

Crawl: No
Wall-Kick: No
Wall-Cling:
Yes, after a small set of sparks upon clinging, he hangs on with both feet and one hand, the other one holding his sword.
<Except the sword is held behind him and his hand is on the wall.

Glide: No

STANDARD ATTACKS

Neutral A Combo (1) – The basic attack in the game, Crono slashes diagonally downward. Not much to say on this one except that it comes out reasonably quick and makes the cool slashy sound from the game.

Neutral A Combo (2) – The basic second attack from the game, Crono swings his katana back the way it came, again making a cool noise and dealing respectable damage for an A combo. Has some small lag at the end of it though.

Forward Tilt – / Strike - Crono slides forward while slashing, goes about the length of Kirby. Does average knockback for a forward tilt and okay damage, but the only exceptional trait of the move is its ability to move Crono forward. [IMG]http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq11/Umunrose/F-Tilt.jpg[/IMG] (NOTE: The lines in the picture are speed lines, not actually there in the move.)

Up Tilt – Crono thrusts his hand in the air, radiating small sparks. Low damage and knockback. It’s a good way to mess with aerial spammers though!

Down Tilt – Confuse – Crono hops tiny distances back and forth while slashing, doing low knockback but adding up many small attacks to do above average damage for a tilt. Unfortunately, it also is laggy due to being unable to cancel mid-attack and therefore is easily punshiable.

Dash Attack – Falcon Hit- Crono Holds his sword out and flies forward, blazing. Has excellent priority and as such is good for interrupting oncoming attacks. It pushes the opponent forward a short distance if they hit while he’s shooting forward, then knocks them away with horizontal knockback at the end.
<Only, you know, on fire.

SMASH ATTACKS

Forward Smash – V Strike - Crono holds his sword behind him and faces away from the screen while charging, then slides backwards and slashes before quickly sliding twice the distance forwards and slashing. So basically he slides backwards a Kirby length, then back past his starting point and forwards a Kirby length. More damage and much more knockback, but significant lag on the forward attack because he slides back first.

(RED is back and GREEN is forward in diagram)

Up Smash – Lightning – Crono assumes his magic charging move from the game and then raises his arms above his head and a bolt of lightning fires upward from them. The bolt travels almost instantaneously from his hands to the top of the screen, dealing electric damage and knocking enemies away horizontally. This does good damage and is fast once it’s fired. On the other hand it’s predictable, takes slightly longer to charge than Crono’s other smashes, and isn’t nearly as effective when used against people on the ground.

Down Smash – Frenzy – Crono slashes 4 times rapidly in front of him and then spin-slashes while turning and slashes thrice the other way. The slashes don’t do much damage, but put together they’re good for racking up damage, and it’s not easy to punish because of all the slashes. Good knockback on the spin-slash halfway through, but mediocre knockback on all the other ones.

AERIALS

Neutral Air – Crono stabs forward with his sword repeatedly, each hit holding the opponent in position for the next. The attack will continue if he hits the ground during it and pulls foe along in the direction Crono is moving. These properties could possibly allow a pseudo-Cronocide.

Forward Air – Crono points the Gate Key ahead and a small gate opens up just ahead of it, about the size of a Soccer Ball and functioning similarly to a Black Hole. Basically, it lasts for roughly 2 seconds and draws in projectiles and jumping enemies. There can be only 1 Gate per Crono at a time. The gate does no damage the first time you use it, but then, when you use the attack againg, any projectiles absorbed will be shot out of the Gate at the exact speed and trajectory they would normally.

Backward Air – Crono spins and kicks behind him. His weakest aerial, it only makes up what it lacks in power with ludicrously high priority, cancelling out almost everything except explosions and Final Smashes! It also spikes if the tip of his boot hits the foe.

Up Air – Lightning – Wwwwhat?! The same attack as an Upsmash AND a Uair? MADNESS! Crono only charges for a split second, then fires a much thinner line of lightning up and down at the same pace. Any enemies hit by this will not take as much damage as in the Smash attack version, but they will be stunned until they ground themselves (as in, touch the ground, not take away privileges). It knocks enemies horizontally, doing less damage but having equal priority than/as the Smash.

Down Air – Lightning Rod – Crono tosses his sword into the ground below, pinning any enemies it strikes, as he (with super armor until he touches the sword) plummets to retrieve it. The instant he touches the sword, he does one of 2 things:

• If it hit an enemy, a bolt of Lightning comes down rapidly straight into the sword, electrocuting the enemy. Crono then retrieves his sword.
  • If it did not hit an enemy, Crono simply pulls his blade from the ground.
Either way, the ending lag of retrieving the blade makes this nigh unusable in most free-for-all situations, but the attack is excellent in one-on-one matches because your opponent is helpless if pinned. This attack cannot be used from off the stage because Crono would lose his sword.

*If Crono does try the attack from offstage, he will instead drop Marle's pendant, which does 3% fixed damage and almost no knockback.

SPECIAL ATTACKS

Neutral Special – Lightning II – This move has two slightly different uses, both of which do electric damage.

*On the ground, Crono does his standard magic charging pose for 1 second or until B is released, then fires out lightning bolts about the width of a Thunder Jolt from Pikachu, but slightly longer, straight, and whitish-gold. They fly out in a pattern like this:
Except that they are spaced more widely apart due to Crono being bigger than the dot. This makes it fairly easy to avoid. The bolts travel fairly quickly and about the distance that Samus gets if she jumps once. Does good damage but low, multihit knockback.

*In The air, Crono does his charging pose while frozen in midair and surrounded by a circular aura the same color as his lightning and about ½ the circumference of a smart bomb explosion for 1 second or until B is released, then the aura is replaced by lightning bolts the same width as the ground ones, but slightly longer and slightly curved. They quickly rotate around Crono once before disappearing. The aura will shock anyone that touches it but it only does 1-2% and almost nonexistent knockback. The bolts, unlike the ground version, do some respectable knockback and can hit foes coming from any direction. They only hit once though.
Hurray for cruddy drawings!

Side Special – Cyclone – Crono begins to twirl, his katana held out, while sliding back and forth, about ¼ of Luigi’s max distance to slide on his Down Special. The move draws in opponents but does not carry them with Crono as he slides, making it easy to DI out of the move. The move does several small hits and no knockback, pulling enemies in instead.

Up Special – Cleave – Crono, sword held in a stabbing position in front of him, leaps up a Dedede body length (Vertical) below where Dedede’s SD Jump would take him, fade images trailing behind him. At the apex of the jump, Crono slightly lowers his sword, ready to attack, and stabs it into any enemies he contacts. If he hits an enemy in the air after the apex it spikes the foe and goes on past them. The move does diagonal upward knockback unless the spike happens. Overall, this move is not great at recovery as he does not auto-sweetspot the ledge. He jumps like this
with little faded images of himself trailing behind, then like this
until
he hits the ground.

Down Special – Wind Slash – Crono’s only fairly normal projectile, he simply slashes diagonally upwards and away from the screen, loosing a small shockwave of white wind that damages and blows enemies away. The blade swing doesn’t push enemies away or do much knockback but does more damage.

FINAL SMASH

Luminaire

The screen dims and the background changes to resemble a color changing tunnel being moved through rapidly as Crono rises through the air to the center of the screen. 4 thin blue rays of light radiate from behind Crono and swing around randomly, stunning foes hit by them. Then the rays disappear and a dome of green light expands from the ground underneath Crono, reaching a size that covers the ground on Battlefield except for the very edges. It then melts away, starting at the top, and whiting out the screen with white light. Enemies hit by this are instantly KO’d, but those it misses will have an easy time with revenge due to the precious time Crono loses lowering back to the ground. (Roughly 1.5--2 seconds depending on where he was standing!)

GRAB & THROWS

Grab --Crono leans forward a bit and reaches with the arm not holding a sword. Not the best reach in a grab, but not as bad as say, Captain Falcon’s.

Pummel – Crono kicks the opponent in the shins (or wherever his foot connects in nonhumans).

Forward Throw – Max Cyclone – Crono grabs the opponent’s legs and swings them around in a circle like Mario’s back throw thrice before releasing them. The difference: The throw isn’t the main damager. The held foe takes damage after the throw, sure, but the primary force of the attack is behind the fact that if the opponent is swung into another opponent, both the opponent and the held foe take about 8-11% damage. Combine this with the fact that Crono spins them 3 times before releasing and you have a formidable attack. The only problems are predictability, wildly differing range depending on character, and the pathetic damage done in 1v1s.

Backward Throw – Rocket Roll – A Purple Smidge temporarily appears and Crono stretches his sword toward it. The Smidge fires a pulse of Shadow magic at the sword as Crono lets go of the opponent, only leaving them a split second to realize what’s happening. Crono sweeps around in a pseudo-Cyclone attack, but slower, from which radiates a growing ring of blue shadow energy that carries away the enemy and has the added effect of being like one uncharged hit from a Lip’s Stick attack to the grabbed opponent. Enemies not being held can be hurt by the ring, which extends to about a Battlefield platform and a half before dissipating, but not poisoned. (Don’t have a sprite for the ring, look at the dual tech video for the attack)

Up Throw – Fire Whirl – A Red Smidge temporarily appears next to Crono and fires a stream of Fire magic while Crono traps the held foe in a weaker Cyclone attack. The 2 attacks combine into a flaming spin attack and the opponent is struck several times before being shot out diagonally upwards and forwards. NOTE: As Crono is not technically holding the opponent during this move, DI can be applied to escape, but it isn’t easy due to the drawing power of the attack.

Down Throw – The opponent goes limp and Crono drops them and crouches down, placing his hand over their heart (or the general area, in nonhumans). He then hits himself with a bolt of lightning, channeling it through is hand, shocking them and causing them to jolt into standing position with impossible speed, completely mobile and ready to punish Crono. Why the obvious disadvantages to the move you ask? Because once the opponent is up, the energy still pulsing through Crono makes physical or melee weapon attacks do a fixed 5% damage and no knockback to the attacker. So, although it doesn’t fully protect Crono, the, ‘Ahem’, shocking effects do afford him a modicum of protection from damage-conscious foes. Lucario will own you if you spam this though.

SITUATIONAL MOVES

Ledge Attack (Below 100%) – Crono rolls onto the stage and swipes with his katana, doing downward bounce knockback.

Ledge Attack (Above 100%) – Crono sends a small spark along the ground that trips anyone it hits and does minor damage. Then he crawls back up onto the stage.

Rising Attack (Below 100%) – Life – A circle of white light surrounds Crono as he levitates back to a standing position. The light blocks projectiles but does low damage and knockback.

Rising Attack (Above 100%) – Revive/Athenian Water – Crono drinks something and stands up with a small aura of light surrounding him and spins once with sparkles going around him. The aura does no damage, but enemies are pushed away at about half the speed of Ganondorf’s run from the time Crono downs the drink to the time he redraws his sword. Both the sparkles and aura also reflect projectiles for the same duration. Due to the spinning, the move has lots of lag (LOL lol), but reflecting projectiles is a decent trade-off.

TAUNTS

Up TauntCrono examines his sword while sparks play along it.

Side TauntCrono leaps back with a shocked expression on his face like his surprised pose from the game and then laughs.

Down TauntCrono drinks what looks like orange soda and then wipes his mouth.

VICTORY POSES

Up Victory PoseCrono sheathes his sword and pumps his fist. Victory Pose from the game.

Side Victory PoseCrono is seen practicing with his sword, he then sheathes it, wipes his brow and drinks some water before practicing some more. This loops infinitely.

Down Victory PoseA gate opens and Crono nods at the screen and steps in before it disappears.

Loss Pose
Crono just claps.

COLORS:

NORMAL-

RED –

BLUE –

GREEN-

PURPLE/MAGUS-

ORANGE/LUCCA/FUTURE PERSON

PALE BLUE/MARLE

WHITE/LUKE SKYWALKER

EXTRAS

SymbolA letter C with two clock hands pointing down and left within it.Click here to see it in the title of the game.

EntranceCrono steps out of a gate and unsheathes his sword like at the beginning of a battle in Chrono Trigger.

Kirby HatKirby gets Crono’s hair and headband.

Idle: I can’t figure out a way to describe his battle stance from the game, so just look at pretty much any of the gameplay videos back in the video section at what he’s doing when not attacking.

Dizzy: Crono gets a star above his head and laughs silently, looking kind of crazy. His confused/berserk animation from Chrono Trigger.
(NOTE: Not the actual star from the game because I couldn’t find the sprite)
Sleep: He lies down, his back to the screen and Zs rising off his hidden face.

CODEC:

Snake: Otacon, who’s the kid?

Otacon: That’s Crono, a swordsman from 1000 A.D., he helped save the world from an evil entity called Lavos.

Snake: 1000 A.D.? He doesn’t look that old…

Otacon: Well, in order to defeat Lavos they had to travel through time.

Snake: Time travel huh? So what else can he do?

Otacon: Well, after visiting the End of Time, he and his friends learned to use magic, giving him an advantage over purely physical opponents.

Snake: The End of Time? Lavos? More magic?

Otacon: That’s right Snake, and due to the volatile nature of time travel, almost 18 different timelines resulted from their adventure, so we actually have no idea exactly which Crono this is, or exactly what his abilities are!

Snake: Hmm, maybe I should just concentrate on fighting…

Man, I really don't like BBC code.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
So far it's been true what they say: The first Final Fantasy game one plays will forever be their favorite. I don't know who "they" are who said it, but it's been unerringly true so far.
Noooo. The first FF I played was FFVII, which I most dislike and hate out of the whole JRPG genre. ^_^

And also, LOL @ epic count fail.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Hey, guys!

There are people in the Zelda thread saying that there is no Zelda timeline. Have at them!

(Is TE going to post Chrono on this page or wait until the next one?)

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
I saw that one coming. I think FF7 is pretty good, but HIGHLY overrated (ZOMG 3D and a villain we can relate to!!!).

So....about that Crono moveset. Are we going to do a whole page of bumps or.....?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Hey, guys!

There are people in the Zelda thread saying that there is no Zelda timeline. Have at them!
I dunno, didn't they say officially Zelda has like, several timelines?

I saw that one coming. I think FF7 is pretty good, but HIGHLY overrated (ZOMG 3D and a villain we can relate to!!!).
It was decent for its time, it sucks nowadays. And no, we can't relate to Sephiroth, at least I can't relate to that whimsical coward whose biggest success was to kill a girl from behind. Wow.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Crono, huh? *buys new laptop and restarts Rexïs*
even thogh the above statement is false, i AM getting a laptop which will be where i am going to finish Rexïs
Why, good to know.
Just for your information, my toilet paper is almost empty. Tomorrow I'm gonna test a new brand with softer paper, because the current one always almost rips my arse open.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
How long is it until this round closes?

Will and Freedan are shaping up, I've got some really unique moves for Will and a gimmick that the target audience should love about Freedan.

It's all about the moves, now. Appearances, themes, taunts, done.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
How long is it until this round closes?

Will and Freedan are shaping up, I've got some really unique moves for Will and a gimmick that the target audience should love about Freedan.

It's all about the moves, now. Appearances, themes, taunts, done.
February 28th is the last date. Of course you can enter this competition, but I'd suggest you to wait for MYM5. Generally speaking - newcomers are, in the last few weeks, almost always overlooked. A lot. The distance between MYM4 and 5 will give you enough time to create a very good moveset with similar detail as our standard, maybe even above, and loads of extras like a stage (if you do the Inca Temple or Chinese Wall, I shall <3 you forever) and neat organization.

Just a little suggestion you don't have to follow... I'd just want a moveset from one of the first RPGs I've ever played to be recognized well. =)

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
@Spadefox: Double-plaited with Aloe Vera toilet paper is boss.

I am anticipating the crap out of the Will set. There are very few things that trump telekinetic flute powers.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Not bad on Crono, there!

Some of the attacks could use some more description, though, specifying range and such, but it's a fun moveset. Also, as a CT nut, I'm not too fond of the Double Techs used for some attacks. I can excuse a couple, like Falcon Hit, but Fire Sword just isn't the same without Lucca lighting Crono's sword on fire.

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
I posted it on the third post of this new page. Oh, and yes, we do fail at counting, myself included because I started the count on the wrong number.

SirKibble posted:
Not bad on Crono, there!

Some of the attacks could use some more description, though, specifying range and such, but it's a fun moveset. Also, as a CT nut, I'm not too fond of the Double Techs used for some attacks. I can excuse a couple, like Falcon Hit, but Fire Sword just isn't the same without Lucca lighting Crono's sword on fire.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I pointed out the reach of his sword somewhere in there, but I see what you mean about the whole Dual Tech issue. There was a lot of internal discussion, coin flipping, and second guessing of coin flips that went into that idea. I really just decided that if I couldn't think of anything that was as cool as the Dual Tech and actually worked as an attack I would use that, but those were the best things I could think of. I also agree that Lucca is cooler than the smidges. If I think of something better I'll change it, or you can think of something and PM me with the idea.

@PK-ow!- Target Audience? You mean like all of us or just a specific sandbag or what?

Anyway, Crono would have read better/easier had the boards just accepted my formatting from Word, but it will be passable again when I get the sprites/pic up to fill those anoyying auto-gaps.

Also, yes Crono does have a costume that makes him look like Luke Skywalker and no, it was not done on purpose. I was actually going for a generic "Light" costume, but it ended up looking so much like him anyway that I redid his belt.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
@Crono:

I'm very satisfied with all the references you made to the game being evident in the moveset, and yet you still add your own originality to several attacks (the Down Air comes to mind, as well as others).

On the other hand, I'm VERY confused by attacks such as the Dtilt (Confusion makes sense as a special, but how would it work as a tilt? How long does it last and such?).

I understand the whole colored smidge-thing you have going on in some attacks, but some reference as to how big the smidge is and what direction it's coming from/going to would be nice.

Finally, damage percentage, knockback strength, startup and ending lag, angle of knockback, etc. should be addressed.

Anyways, I've seen enough by this set to like Crono, but it's hard for me to get a feel for balance and such due to the lack of detail about the attacks themselves.

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
I'm very satisfied with all the references you made to the game being evident in the moveset, and yet you still add your own originality to several attacks (the Down Air comes to mind, as well as others).

-Thanks, I liked the down air also, but it'll be even better when I remeber the password to my web album.

On the other hand, I'm VERY confused by attacks such as the Dtilt (Confusion makes sense as a special, but how would it work as a tilt? How long does it last and such?).

-Notice that all the Smashes are better versions of their corresponding Tilt. Confuse was the original name of the Frenzy tech so I used it as the name for the Tilt. The next thing is one of the reasons not having the pictures in yet is frustrating. It was actually pretty obvious as to appearance and length with the pcs, but it is quite confusing without them

I understand the whole colored smidge-thing you have going on in some attacks, but some reference as to how big the smidge is and what direction it's coming from/going to would be nice.

-Again, pics are needed and on the way showing how bbig the smidges is in reference to Crono and other stuff. It says in the attack description that the smidge appears directly below (Fire Sword) or directly behind (Fire Whirl, Rocket Roll).

Finally, damage percentage, knockback strength, startup and ending lag, angle of knockback, etc. should be addressed.

-I noted knockback on some attacks, but only the ones that didin't seem obvious. In retrospect, I should probably add that to my list of things to fix. Lag was mentioned more often than not and I was originally putting damage percentages on every attack, but Crono either seemed underpowered or overpowered so I took them out and only put fixed damage percentages.

Anyways, I've seen enough of this set to like Crono, but it's hard for me to get a feel for balance and such due to the lack of detail about the attacks themselves.

-Again, thanks, but I'll be tweaking aspects of the set until voting begins and should get aroud to remedying those problems over time.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Crono is a good moveset, even if the attacks are quite brief.
However, from what it seems, and from people's reactions, the moveset fits the character quite well.

I have decided to make Ripper Roo, or more precisely, Doctor Roo.
He should be ready sometime next week, if I can get access to Photoshop.
Cortex and Tiny won't know what hit 'em XD.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Not being able to do a d-air off-stage is rather harsh. Crono should have an alternate d-air for situations like that

Also; Cronocide, like Bowsercide, is a misnomer. I prefer the term Suicide KO, since it's less of a redundancy.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Also; Cronocide, like Bowsercide, is a misnomer. I prefer the term Suicide KO, since it's less of a redundancy.
XCide ftw. I love using that term on all of my characters' various suicide moves.

And how'd I not make Spadefox's list? Bah.

It's kind of ironic actually, though. I used to be more like Spadefox is now and got less respect, so I stopped lashing out at people. Now that Spadefox does so, he gets more.

In actual MYM related news, I also am putting my SM on hold to do some actual movesets. I fully intend to finish it in MYM 5, but for now I'm making my MYM 5 movesets.

Gluttony is completely finished save that cursed BBCode, but I'm saving him for MYM 5 so that all the FMA characters are in MYM 5.

I've started Lust now. Coming along slowly. . .Not nearly as much potential as Gluttony despite being a far deeper character.

After that I'm planning on doing Envy.

And then FINALLY the roster of characters I've been promising to do for so long. Zasalamel, Beast Boy, and Illidan.

Just an update for those of you not constantly browsing the chat.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
The character that is just as awesome as Smeragle has entered the fray, what it's name again... ummmm, ah thats right:

DITTO

Backstory: a pwnage pokemon who can transform

stats:

1st jump: ownage/10
2nd Jump: total crap/10
How much good: like 100%
How much bad: like... totallly 100%

Specials:

Neutral B: Transform: Ditto uses the opponents neutral special, he transforms into the opponent so quickly, it's unbelievablle.

Side B: Transform: Ditto uses the opponents side special, but he takes a second before transforming, this is an awesome move

Down-B: Transform: Ditto transforms into Super Ditto, but since super ditto is so strong, the wii freezes until you press down-b again

Up-B: Transform: Ditto does a little fairy twist in the air before doing an awesome recovery which the opponent has. don't forget the fairy dance

Throws:

grab attack: Transform: Ditto transfroms into the opponent, and is about to talk through the ow nage of it's upcoming slap, which does 1%

Forward Throw: Shhop da Transform: Ditto tranfroms into a giant version of the opponent, but instead of doing the F-throw, he does the Back throw, how awesome iz dat!

Back throw: Transform: Ditto uses an AR, oh noez, nevermind, he transformed into the opponent, and does a mega back-throw that pwns their livez

Up-throw: Transform: Ditto jumps up and down, getting angry that it can't tranfrom, ditto just keeps crying until it gets hit, use this move, it pwns

Down throw: Transform: Ditto uses all his energy for the last try to tranfrom, but it explodes, dealing 2 damage to himself, but then he transfroms into the opponent and does his moves

Tilts:

F-tilt: Transform: ditto was so happy that he transformed, that he transforms into a miniture version of the character, and does the f-tilt, but afterwards, he cries. altogether AWWWW

D-tilt: Transform: Ditto realises he is suffering from SGC syndrome, and is determind not to get into that mentality, and it successfully transforms.... into the enemy of the character, and does their up tilt. Ditto returns to normal and cries again.

Up-tilt: Transform: Ditto gets a telephone and he gets a manual to get better at transforming... but he picked up the transparent leaflet, and turns see through. Ditto cries, and gets a crafty cigarette out.

Aerials:

N-air: Transform: Ditto can't jump, what your talking about

F-air: Transform: Ditto transfroms into the oppo - wait, he can't do this. maybe i need to get brain therapy

B-air: Transform: Ditto spins around like a fairy, and then transfroms into the opponent, wait, and then does the opponents B-air

U-air: Transform: Ditto transforms into... wait, I forgot, the B-air doesn't happen, it doesn't exist. If you say otherwsie, take drugs to make you feel good about yourself

D-air: Transform: Ditto waits..... and waits.... and then TRANSPORTS.... transports? that's wrong, if I slip up again, i'm getting sacked, but at least i've already did the FAQ ay?

Smashes:

F-smash: Transform: Ditto can trnsform on the ground into the opponent, and does the opponents f-smash - wait, I spotted a typo, HOLY SHI -

U-Smash: Transform: Information has been edited: Reason: DFM got arrested by the make-up police man

D-Smash: Transform: Ditto can transfo - NO! I wasn't finished, I WASNT finished.... NOOOOO

Final Smash: HAX

Ditto uses the AR, but the data then isn't found as Dancingfrogman was given the Khold shoulder by, guess who, KHOLDSTARE, bahhahahahha, but who's tryping this, who will know?

FAQ

Q: What tier is Ditto in
A: That good one

Q: Ditto has a hard matchup on smeragle, what to do
A: For a really long answer, look at my wallet, but for a short one, it's 98 - 2 towards smeragle

Q: We can do ditto matches you know
A: that's good, we have the character that have the needs you crave for

Q: Why does all of dittos moves -
A: That user was banned

Q: How much money do you make?
A: £22, that user suspended

Q: if you ban this question, you ban -
A: Banned, OH SHI - can't post now

Q:Who's Dittos best team partner?
A: Ummm, either Uncloned Wolf, or Smeargle. Cat Clancers also's a good pick. Don't pick Super Gimp Charizard or Giygas though.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
@Warlord, I've been wondering what incarnation and series beast boy is from. Is he from the teen titans TV show, the old teen titans comics, or another beast boy I am unaware of?
It's from the TV show which is now long dead. I hate the titans comics. . .In those, Raven falls for BB and Slade's a pedophile.

Admiteddly, Slade is far more bad *** in the comics what with his use of katanas and guns, along with his vastly superior name, Deathstroke.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Beastboy looks like a nice idea, as long as it's not based entirely on transformations. Remember my Electroplankton? You could use a similar mechanic with you staying as the animal you just became.

And Ditto was full of win.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
It's from the TV show which is now long dead. I hate the titans comics. . .In those, Raven falls for BB and Slade's a pedophile.

Admiteddly, Slade is far more bad *** in the comics what with his use of katanas and guns, along with his vastly superior name, Deathstroke.
Good, i loved the art style and original plots, as well as it's nice balance of comedy and seriousness.

Oh, BTW,

CHAPTER 0: REVENGERS, ASSEMBLE!

I can do an SM over two contests too, right?

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I... had a kinda secret moveset that I intended to post on the very last day of MYM. Unfortunately, it was too long and tedious for me, and I gave it up a while back. I guess I could let you guys see what I have; it's technically finished, after all. I don't think I'm actually going to enter it, though.

So... a couple more posts? No need to spam, just a post or two more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom