• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Ni~paaaaa. I've been sick as **** lately. Temp was 103 for the past 2 days. Slowly goin down now. It's either because of the Homemade Baconator I made, or because Im cursed for finishing Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni. I hope it's not the latter, cause im going to watch the 2nd season starting like, 2morrow?

___

Anyway.

FH D.air. Sure you can DJ D.air again, it's called a mixup. You obviously dont want to get predictable, because you're double jumping and you're doc, that's grounds for getting you *****. DJ D.air, FH D.air -> FF u.air, FH D.air -> DJ Pills. FH D.air -> FF Pill. Plenty of options.

Vulcan. The yellow is invinciblity (i cant really read the tiny print, but Im guessing that's frame 3?)

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/superdoodleman/Dr._Mario_frames_11.6.05.txt

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ni~paaaaa. I've been sick as **** lately. Temp was 103 for the past 2 days. Slowly goin down now. It's either because of the Homemade Baconator I made, or because Im cursed for finishing Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni. I hope it's not the latter, cause im going to watch the 2nd season starting like, 2morrow?

___

Anyway.

FH D.air. Sure you can DJ D.air again, it's called a mixup. You obviously dont want to get predictable, because you're double jumping and you're doc, that's grounds for getting you *****. DJ D.air, FH D.air -> FF u.air, FH D.air -> DJ Pills. FH D.air -> FF Pill. Plenty of options.

Vulcan. The yellow is invinciblity (i cant really read the tiny print, but Im guessing that's frame 3?)

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/superdoodleman/Dr._Mario_frames_11.6.05.txt
Wow, great idea. : D I will try inputting this to my game. :]

Desh

Smash Ace
Me n stos were playig on the weekend,
and he was fox,
i was standing near the edge of fd (as if i were to ftilt him sweetspotting a ledge)
and he was riding up the wall,
and i just upb'd for the luls, anyways it hit while he was below the stages and he died haha,

pretty useless but looks awesome, and if u upb cancel it instead of just up b'ing it would look even sexier =D

pretty sure it stage spikes XD
but idk, cuz he tech'd it and died XD

anyways, im laptopless for the remainder of the week so i can only post at school =/ .

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Me n stos were playig on the weekend,
and he was fox,
i was standing near the edge of fd (as if i were to ftilt him sweetspotting a ledge)
and he was riding up the wall,
and i just upb'd for the luls, anyways it hit while he was below the stages and he died haha,

pretty useless but looks awesome, and if u upb cancel it instead of just up b'ing it would look even sexier =D

pretty sure it stage spikes XD
but idk, cuz he tech'd it and died XD

anyways, im laptopless for the remainder of the week so i can only post at school =/ .
OMFG your not suppose to share that over smashboards! its a surpirsed and you ruined it!
im not gonna ruin YOUR COMBO against MY Fox *wink wink*that you'll be using in your combo video..
thats gonna be some hot ****.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
yea we should probably stop, I don't want to get points for useless thread clutter. now, where were we? ah yes, up-b cancel edgeguards

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
oh, the story. Completely forgot.

So last time JX was over here, he was playin ganon 1 round.

Now, I've always had this notion that if ganon's doing an u.tilt, instead of moving and punishing, or blocking, or spotdodging, you cape him like, once or twice before you punish.

So, we're playin a match on dreamland, and sure enough, jx accidentally does an u.tilt facing away from me (as im respawning) and im like "Oh ****, perfect timing!"

Now, It takes me half of the u.tilt animation to get down there, and when I get down there im like "Oh yeah, Ima ****ing genius" *cape*

..... -Ganon u.tilt in my face-

I'm just glad I have some good DI or i would have had to kick him out of the house. :|

__

In other news, the mediator is back; cause well, I was time for me to change sigs again, but the mediator just defines me.

... until I get this hilarious archer pic made into a sig.

Desh

Smash Ace
lol me and dogy discussed perfect waveland/dash and stuff a while ago,
Perfect wavelanding is freaking broken, working on doing it 100% of the time. (almost there =D)
anyways,
perfect wd cant be done D:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
lmao i can recall like 5 times when you read my tech and you run after me to grab me, but i call it and say "your too slow" and i get away lmao
this is basically what I realized, I would know what the opponent is going to do, or how they will react but because im doc with no reach or speed, I can't really do anything

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
lol yea it sucks, you know when that happens tho and you know you arent gonna make it, like just keep running after them if not youll waste a good opportunity to techrape chase

otg

Smash Master
lmao i can recall like 5 times when you read my tech and you run after me to grab me, but i call it and say "your too slow" and i get away lmao
Exactly, and that sucks. Calling someones tech is free punishment and missing out on opportunities like that is something Doc can't afford. Doc's WD in general is very fast and can travel a good distance, but his WL def has more potential in terms of maneuverability. It's actually probably one of the biggest assets he has and is not NEARLY taken advantage of enough.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
wavedashing is the fastest thing doc has, faster than his run, faster than his dash, faster than his air movement.

Problem is, wavedashing happens in waves (obviously, although i still dunno why it's called wavedashing when there is no dash), ANYWAY.

Wavedashing happens in waves, so there's a set time where you cant do anything, which is why it's not the best movement option in terms of responding to your opponents actions. However, it is the best in terms of traveling distance.

I've been working on (come to find out, it's more of reworking back into my game) the idea of just wavedashing long distances. It's faster.

HiIH

Smash Lord
I get maxdistance out of ONE side of my wavedashes....

yes I feel idiotic, but I think I just figured out how to lengthen the one on the other side.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
close to horizontal without going horizontal, because you cant do a perfect wavedash, if im correct. (perfect meaning holding completely horizontal).

it's pretty easy to describe if you understand universal notation.

most people wavedash with holding 3, **** up holding 6. you want the angle between those, as close to 6 as possible.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
um, perfectly horizontal is possible, iirc. I'll test it out. Glad to see my use of WDing hasn't been slower than just running XD

Top Bottom