• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
im pretty sure it's not possible for PWD, but my reason is hypothetical.

PWL is a completely different story. Hell. PWL is ganon's saving grace. That's where I learned about it.

The difference between them is one has you jumping, meaning you're in the air, where as the other one has you landing.

If you get the most length out of your WD already, the only thing you'll notice change will be your speed.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
can someone link me to one of dogys walls of text that tells us how to **** falcos?

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
umm

cape lasers

and pill foward(pill going toward them)

if u get too much sheild pressure, dont try to fight it by sheild grabbing, take it like a champ and run away and try to regain the momentum

ftilt them illusions

full jump nairs(or nair in that foo's face)

u could pill on the platforms if the lasers become to much

biggest thing is LAND THEM EDGEGUARDS! lol

try to punish that edge as much as u can

but ima nub, hopefully that mediorce advice helps u vs :falco:

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
ironically, falco is just something I have a theory about, and I know how to deal with falco's with a mediocre laser game.

HMW is right, listen to him.

I got a few things I want to try myself, but yeah, pretty much said everything I would beyond this

ya get a grab, dont be a hero, just take the chaingrab. it's ok.

oh, and apparently we're getting on a boat?

Desh

Smash Ace
falcos a fun match up. anyways as for pwd, i've tried who knows how much since me and dogy talked about this like 2 ish weeks ago.
im gonna stick w/ dogy and say its impossible.
pretty sure the only reason you can do pwl is because you can cancel the landing animation of a jump, but when you try to do pwd, you're actually cancelling the starting animation.
idk. actually i cant say what im trying to say into text, im looking at what i put but im kinda losing myself.
i'll leave it there, maybe some one understands what i say when i say it. but i for one am totally lost.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
perfect waveland is possible, because there is a split moment before you actually land where you are basically horizontal with the ground but still considered being in the air. When you WD; as soon as you jump, and the you are in the air you are not perfectly horizontal to the ground but a little above that.
iono if any of that made sense, and i dunno if it's right. That is just my theory.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
wait a second.

I never said falcon was impossible. Hold the **** up.

I said it's hard as ****, and I personally think it's doc's hardest matchup, but I have never said it's impossible. (which for the record WC, I dont say it IS his hardest, on paper I can argue it's marth so much easier than capfal or sheik for that matter)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
He is so fast but I have to rely on my gimps to kill him. Well not really, but I feel as though I do or he'll simply Knee me and I'm dead. GOD KNEE TO KNEE TO KNEE WTF xD

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
is there something where shorter posts don't show a sig? I'm going to test this. is there something where shorter posts don't show a sig? I'm going to test this. is there something where shorter posts don't show a sig? I'm going to test this. is there something where shorter posts don't show a sig? I'm going to test this. is there something where shorter posts don't show a sig? I'm going to test this. is there something where shorter posts don't show a sig? I'm going to test this.

edit: okay yeah, shorter posts automatically hide sigs

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
wtf apple combo?

And yeah, it's actually a smashboards rule that your sig is supposed to be bigger (length and width) than your post. I didnt know they went as far as to have auto hiding for it.

My green greens **** is better than yo green greens ****.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
The reasons MKII is "bad for doc" or "good for [opponent's character]" are the same reasons I beat almost everyone I take there. You have to play it like nobody expects you to.

SpruceTengu

Smash Journeyman
The reasons MKII is "bad for doc" or "good for [opponent's character]" are the same reasons I beat almost everyone I take there. You have to play it like nobody expects you to.
Ohhhh... I've actually been wondering about that. I -never- play there, and have kinda been scratching my head on the subject of it being awesome. Though I can see the sides of the stage being easy to Bair/bthrow kill with..

Also, your sig makes my heart beat faster.

otg

Smash Master
CG's are pretty fun here, you have a lot of options throughout the platforms. Pills can control a large amount of space, the ceiling is high and to top it all off, you really can't get gimped here which is amazing.

Desh

Smash Ace
yeah i'll take your money too

edit: nvm i just looked at what tourny,
but i would totally take your money on account of fox's are easy and stuff =].

otg

Smash Master
I'm going to enjoy taking your guys money, maybe I can enter singles with it lawl. I'm really tight on cash, so I might just be there to play friendlies. But yeah, I know how to fight Doc with top tiers seeing as how.. you know I main him? So get gimped.

Yedi, I ain't using Fox against you if we do a mm. Ness ditto son, you talk too much ****.

Top Bottom