• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akiak

Smash Ace
I'll go work on TB now.

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

As soon as I get my new computer, I'll download Game Maker and, after some famililiarizing, I'll do a Smash Bros with MYM characters! I've already used other game making programs before, so this isn't going to be hard.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman

And I don't mind if people don't do 1001 movesets. I've a very busy life at the moment myself (doing my exams), so I can't devote my time to making movesets. I'm happy with just the one or two people dish out.

EDIT: Really, Akiak? I'd love to give game-making a shot myself. Best of luck with it. And what are the odds of adding one of my sets in there please? :>

Baloo

Smash Ace
DFM can't do that post at the top of the page now. :(.

Akiak, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees. Wonderful. But, just to tell you... Game Maker, it sucks. But work on Toad Brigade!

Baloo

Smash Ace
Go go go!!!!!

SIX SIX SIX! THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST!!!

I hate that song. Honestly, it sucks. :p.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
...This needed its own page? :ohwell:

You could have at least remembered the link to Number Of The Beast.

EDIT: On topic, I've been going over serious revision for Micaiah since this morning. It's not finished, but I hope to improve on organisation, as well as finish up the advanced notes at the bottom.
And furthermore I respond to any and all critics by denying that I have ever heard of Mach Rider, Chief Mendez or the supposed moveset by Chief Mendez and I have most definitely not seen it, nor have I taken inspiration in any way, shape or form.

Baloo

Smash Ace
MWAHAHA!

Who is that impostor I see in that picture? That's not my avatar!

EDIT: ...

MEANIE!

Akiak

Smash Ace
LOL DFM that made me lol. That Hyperhopper inclusion was so random.

But I don't remember reading those posts...

Anyway, I'll need to take time in familiarizing with Game Maker, so it'll take a long time.

I'll include popular movesets from MYM 4 onwards. But some special mechanics are hard to make so some complicated movesets won't make it.
I'll do my best to include Kawasaki, and simplify the mechanic. Also, don't expect all of the moves. I might be forced to do only Specials as moves take time. I might include some other moves though.

Baloo

Smash Ace
That's it, the conversation is fake. It's not real, I'm not that much of a jerk.

EDIT: How do y'all like meh new avy?

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
LOL DFM that made me lol. That Hyperhopper inclusion was so random.

But I don't remember reading those posts...

Anyway, I'll need to take time in familiarizing with Game Maker, so it'll take a long time.

I'll include popular movesets from MYM 4 onwards. But some special mechanics are hard to make so some complicated movesets won't make it.
I'll do my best to include Kawasaki, and simplify the mechanic. Also, don't expect all of the moves. I might be forced to do only Specials as moves take time. I might include some other moves though.
Hahaha, do you think Baloos that mean? It's fake, like what Baloo said, but has quite a few references in it!

Does that mean that there is a chance that Undead Hero/Tails Doll wouldn't be included? Also, AOSTH Robotnik has some weird cosmetics in his moves, although I have never made a game before, but wouldn't he be harder to do than lets say Tails Doll or Undead Hero?

@Baloo: It's nice and all, but it's not halloween!

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Congratulations DFM, you have reached your first goal, yo're next goal is posting 1,337! For you fun lovers, read this, as it won't hurt your soul!
Pfftt... I got 666 posts ages ago :p
Plus I got the 9,001 post on this thread.
Plus my h key is messing up

You'd have to do all the moves for each character Akiak, because with a lot of movesets te standard moves are more interesting tan the specials.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Pfftt... I got 666 posts ages ago :p
Plus I got the 9,001 post on this thread.
Plus my h key is messing up

You'd have to do all the moves for each character Akiak, because with a lot of movesets te standard moves are more interesting tan the specials.
BuT 1 1z Da Sp3c1aLs

Not only that, but my Battalion Army sets specials involve no attacking at all, and that his Neutral A (and the 3 options) commands the army!

I, for 1, want the whole moveset to be done, every move is intresting and deserves to be used!

Baloo

Smash Ace
NOT VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

I can't do all the Super Star Helpers. Sooo, I'll only do the ones I like: Burnin' Leo, Biospark, Gim, Plasma Wisp, Rocky, Parasol Waddle Dee, and TAC. So, narrowed from 20 to 7.

k tnx bai.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
NOT VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

I can't do all the Super Star Helpers. Sooo, I'll only do the ones I like: Burnin' Leo, Biospark, Gim, Plasma Wisp, Rocky, Parasol Waddle Dee, and TAC. So, narrowed from 20 to 7.

k tnx bai.
Oh, thank the Lord. If you were really gonna stick with all 20, I'd be gone from MYM before it was ever posted.:laugh:

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
I doubt more than half of us are actually willing to read, let alone offer critique, a moveset with 20 characters, if I may be perfectly honest. I know I couldn't. D:

Seven is also a large amount, but at least it's nicer. :D

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

^^^ Button by Spadefox ^^^​

Roster:
Captain Hook (Peter Pan) - Very popular and fair to have.
Captain Barbossa (Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl) - Two pirates? Meh...I might replace him with Cruella DeVil
Chernabog (Fantasia) - TOO BIG!!1!11!! JK He's cool, but I thought he was going to be the Final Smash. He'd be a hell of a playable character, though.
Clayton (Tarzan) - Nice new villain, definitely underrated.
Hades (Hercules) - Vary him from my Hades and you're good to go.
Jafar (Aladdin) - Vary him from K.Rool's Jafar and you're good to go.
Kaa (The Jungle Book) - He'd be very interesting with his hypnotic powers and body proportions.
Maleficent (Sleeping Beauty) - Voted as the top Disney villain ever, she seems perfect here.
Oogie Boogie (The Nightmare Before Christmas) - I'm hesitant about this one. I might replace him with Pete, or maybe Frollo..
Queen of Hearts (Alice in Wonderland) - OFF WITH THEIR HEADS FTW.
Scar (The Lion King) - Perfect, a more wild villain for the group, and a personal favorite of mine.
Shan-Yu (Mulan) - Interesting pick, he'd have an utterly ruthless playstyle.
Ursula (The Little Mermaid) - Fits in quite well, and is the most famous female Disney villain to date, I believe.

And for the lulz...

Sid (Toy Story) - I LOLed at this one. He's kind of WTF as a Pixar villain (and a classic one at that for Pixar). I hope Scud makes some appearance.
My opinions in bold.

Dokutayuu

Smash Apprentice
I'm back with a 3rd moveset, I decided to do Ryuk from Death Note. Believe it or not, only one of his moves (his final smash) involve him writing in the book itself!

Shinigami Ryuk joins the Brawl!

Background: Have you ever wondered why some people die before the time comes? In the manga/anime Death Note, this is due to death gods known as Shinigami. They're immortal and very very bored. Ryuk is particularly interested in how humans try and kill each other. He also loves apples.

General Statistics
Size: Standing at roughly 7ft tall means that Ryuk towers over even Ganondorf.
Weight: Roughly as heavy as Donkey Kong.
Walk Speed: 2/10, he's immensely lazy at times so walking isn't his strong point.
Dash Speed: 6/10, As he has wings, he uses them to glide along the ground like MK.
Jumping: Consists of 5 flaps of his wings similar to Pit in height.
Fall Speed: 3/10 or 8/10, very floaty but his fast fall is very fast.
Air Speed: 6/10, not terribly agile but having wings helps.

Traits

Ryuk can glide like Charizard/Pit/MK. However, being very large his crouch leaves him as tall as CF so he is pretty vulnerable. Ryuk cannot wall jump or crawl.

Standard attacks

Neutral A: Lazy arm lunges.
Ryuk half-heartedly swings his right then his left arm in a slap like fashion. Fairly laggy and minor knockback which sends them forwards. Each slap does 4% damage.

F-tilt: Death Note whack

Ryuk pulls out his Death Note and instead of using it, he swings it horizontally cover first with one hand. Similar in knockback to T-Link's f-tilt. Ending lag is moderate as he as to put it back at his belt afterwards. 9% damage.

D-tilt: Lounging Kick

When Ryuk crouches, he lies down (but is still very tall) and seemingly plays a Gameboy. If d-tilt is used he lazily kicks his leg out forwards. Very little damage but horizontal knockback is quite impressive. 5% damage.

U-tilt: Stretches

Ryuk yawns and raises his arms up straight. Each arm then goes a half circle in their respective direction. This sends enemies downwards and has a little knockback. Being lazy, the longer the match has gone on the more powerful the attack gets but ending lag increases also. It increases by 1% every 40 seconds. It starts off weak however, 5% at first up to a maximum of 15%.

Smashes

F-smash: Apple toss

Ryuk pulls out a mouldy looking apple and tosses it forwards, similar in momentum to ROB's down special. The longer the smash is charged, the faster the apple goes. Knockback isn't even tilt worthy but the attack deals poison damage for a few seconds afterwards. Poison damage does not stack.
10-14% damage, 7% gradual damage by poison.

D-smash: Death Note Drop

Ryuk drops a book on the floor. This attack does no damage what so ever but if an enemy walks over it, they stop for a second to pick it up, take a quick look and then toss it, which they are vulnerable for. An enemy cannot be tricked with the same book twice. Ryuk cannot use the attack again for another 30 (down to 18 seconds if the attack is fully charged seconds until another Shinigami, Sidoh (google him) appears and comes and picks it up and flies off upwards. 0% damage.

U-smash: Wing Spread

Ryuk puts himself in a DBZ-powering up like pose. When the attack is released black wings unfold from his back and spread outwards. As his wings are quite large the range is quite good. The smash sends enemies either side of him diagonally upwards. This is his main kill move. His wings fold up again afterwards so ending lag is moderate. 14-20% damage.

Specials

Neutral B: Shinigami Eyes

Ryuk has the ability to see someone's remaining lifespan by looking at them. However, he needs to be able to see their face to do so. So this attack will not affect MK, Samus, Shiek or Captain Falcon. It will also not work on another Ryuk. When pressed (if Ryuk is facing an enemy) it will show a number above their head for a few seconds. If the number is red it is the estimated percentage that Ryuk's u-smash will achieve a star KO at. If it is blue, it will show the percentage that his f-tilt will cause an off-screen KO at. There is a 50% chance that it will show either number but will never show the same colour number twice in a row. This attack is activated by a press with no lag at all. It also accommodates for attack decay.

Side B: Intangibility

Ryuk becomes slightly transparent and all projectiles will pass through him. He is unable to move in this state and will fall in the air. However, to make this attack non-broken he is still vulnerable to all non-smash/special/projectile attacks. This works until the button is released where there is a little ending lag so it isn't used like the reflector.

Up B: Take Off

Ryuk's wings unfold and he flies diagonally upwards (but can be steered a little) for a little distance. However, everyone below him gets blown back as much as a half charged FLUDD and take small amounts of damage. Ryuk is not left helpless after this attack. Heavier characters will be blown back less than lighter ones

3% damage (if blown back)

Down B: Portal Tricks

The attack requires charging before use by holding down B. Ryuk is immobile whilst charging and the charge cannot be stored. Once released, Ryuk dashes forwards and disappears, fading out. He then reappears at a distance proportional to the time charged, performs a quick slash with his claws and teleports back to his original location and performs the same attack again. The two strikes are fixed in strength and the 1st sends the enemy backwards horizontally whilst the 2nd sends them forwards horizontally. A clever player can time it so both hits make contact! The knockback is fairly powerful, making it one of Ryuk's kill moves.

11% per hit.

Aerials

Uair: Wing Flap

Ryuk flaps his wings once sending him upwards slightly and knocking enemies upwards very slightly. This attack is very quick and not really that good at killing. 7%

Nair: Full Spin

Ryuk spins 360 degrees vertically with his arms extended. The attack hitbox is on his arms only, is a down spike. 7%

Fair: Double Strike

Ryuk leans forwards and slaps quickly with each hand. Draws the enemy towards Ryuk for some interesting combo opportunities. 4% each hit.

Dair: Spinning Kick

Ryuk does a twirl as he laughs hysterically. The hitbox is at the tip of his foot. Very little knockback with multiple hits. 3% per hit (3 hits)

Bair: Wing Slap

Ryuk's wings go further back than usual resulting in a powerful hit backwards. The hitbox is quite large and knockback is purely horizontal. 8% damage

Throws+Misc Attacks

Grab: Non-tether, Ryuk grabs with both hands
Pummel: Ryuk gets his enemy in a headlock and punches them goofily, 1% per punch
U-throw: Flies upwards a little and tosses them down so they rebound off the ground. 7%, quite slow
F-Throw: Grabs them by the head and slams them into the ground sending them diagonally upwards, 6% also fairly slow
B-throw: Tosses them backwards lazily as if they were an empty drinks can, 4% but very quick
D-throw: Ryuk drops them and sits on them for a second. The enemy then slides along the ground backwards, 5% for the sitting

Dash Attack: Shoulder Barge

Ryuk continues dashing but shifts his left shoulder forwards, sends the enemy purely horizontally. 8%

Ledge attack: Ryuk turns as he climbs up so his wings hit anyone ahead of him, 6%

Final Smash

Death Note: Ryuk's face pops up onscreen. He laughs madly as he writes in his Death Note. The screen turns to the page he's written on. It shows the name of the opponent with the most damage. If that player is not KO'd within 40 seconds, that player is suddenly flung upwards and star KO'd. However, to make this less broken, if Ryuk is KO'd within this time he drops his Death Note. If picked up by any player, pressing A will cause the player to erase the name with the Death Eraser (from the pilot chapter) and the effects of the Final Smash will not occur.

Taunts, poses and costumes

Up taunt: Ryuk will take out his Death Note, take a look and scratch his head and put it away.
Down taunt: Ryuk takes an apple out and eats it Animal Crossing style.
Side Taunt: Ryuk takes out his Death Note and starts writing. He laughs and says “Have fun...”

Victory Theme: First few seconds of the Death Note opening theme
Victory Pose 1: Ryuk laughs and flies up leaving through an evil looking portal.
Victory Pose 2: Ryuk sits with his back turned to the screen playing a gameboy with beeping noises occuring every half second.
Victory Pose 3: Ryuk takes a bite out of an apple and begins to choke hopping around madly.
Losing Pose: Ryuk is looking down, writing something in his Death Note.

Alt costumes:
Normal (Blue team)
Red themed (Red team)
Green themed (Green team)
Pink themed
Orange themed

Codec Converation
Snake: OK, this isn't good!
Colonel: Don't worry Snake, Ryuk can't kill you with his Death Note if he can't see your face. You did take that helmet with you, didn't you?
Snake: Never mind...

Symbol: A notebook

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
At least you narrowed them down to some of the cool helpers :bee:

Has Infernape ever been made, because if not I could probably throw something up for her before the end of this contest?
I know everyone wants an Infernape moveset with a special mechanic that's fun and works.

Woah.... a new moveset!

Seems OK at a skim, but fairly brief, especially the specials, which seem interesting, and unique, except the down special, which seems pointless. Maybe giving him one offensive special would be a good idea
Also, I can see that some BBCode didn't work, but that's easy fixed.
If it had more detail you would have a great moveset on your hands :).

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@Dokutayuu: I could only skim Ryuk right now (looks good, by the way!), so I glanced at the specials and noted that Side B doesn't have a specified amount of time (how long does it last?) and Down B seems totally useless. :)

Baloo

Smash Ace
@Dokutayuu: Looks good, but I see absolutely no point in the Down B. And better organization would be nice. But better than your previous ones, nice.

@filipeno: But Plasma Wisp and Rocky are my favorites. Xp

And I like Gim. So there.

EDIT: And I had wanted to include Chilly, I really wanted to. :(.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
Hooray for Ryuk!

The simplicity of the presentation, I will be honest, feels like a breath of fresh air. Up-B sounds like a nasty gimping power. :O
A creative forward-smash, too. And I'm glad you keep the Death Note as only the Final Smash - I always thought Ryuk would be a good fighter without it.
The Down-B needs to be buffed more. In a game as fast-paced as smash, it doesn't matter what kind of attack your foe is about to pull. Being able to read your opponent, however, is a very good idea that could add some depth, but either it needs to be revised, or given an improvement/another advantage.

Going to have to read the rest later on.

Dokutayuu

Smash Apprentice
@Dokutayuu: Looks good, but I see absolutely no point in the Down B. And better organization would be nice. But better than your previous ones, nice.

@filipeno: But Plasma Wisp and Rocky are my favorites. Xp

And I like Gim. So there.

EDIT: And I had wanted to include Chilly, I really wanted to. :(.
I'm glad you included Biospark, I always thought he was the coolest. Rocky, all he could do was Kirby's down B wasn't it?

I'll try and find an alternative to the Down B, tidy up and add a little more detail when I can. If only he actually did a little more...

EDIT: I found time to do it now :p.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
Agreed with Jimnymebob, that's actually quite a clever ability which could not only be easily implemented into Smash, but also work well.

On the whole, what you have right now, whilst sounding very powerful when given the damage percentages, seems like a very accurate translation of Ryuk into SSB, which I think is why I like it so much. :)

Though I recommend you nerf the Up-B's blow ability - that thing sounds more dangerous than most spikes. What's to stop Ryuk from running out to an enemy trying to recover and K.O them if it's as powerful as a fully charged FLUDD, which is actually very strong at gimping? I recommend you nerf the strength behind it.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Yay! Death Note characters!

That Ryuk moveset looks really cool (though it could use a bit more detail, but that's just me.) I really like most of the moves! However for the down smash....what happens if you charge the move up? Or does charging do anything at all? You might want to explain that a bit. Otherwise, really great job man!

:bee:

EDIT: Since some people are talking about MYM 5, here are my plans:

I MIGHT cancel Xianghua, Giacomo and Toshiro, but the others are pretty much guaranteed. I'm also making an original character moveset named "TWILTHERO" but...too lazy to make icon. I'll try and make it later. I also might make 2 surprise movesets as well...but that's well you know, a surprise :bee:

Akiak

Smash Ace
Yeah what are you going to do for Rocky?

Anyone know Smash Flash? Well, he had only specials there. Also, I'm not using the specials if they're boring. If a D tilt is more interesting than a D special, for example, I'll most likely replace the special with the tilt. I'll ask the author of the moveset which moves they want included.

Plus, I need sprites for the characters. So unless I find a spriter, movesets with no sprites on the web rest out. Sorry Dexter...

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance an orange elephant on Chirstmas, a
Yeah what are you going to do for Rocky?

Anyone know Smash Flash? Well, he had only specials there. Also, I'm not using the specials if they're boring. If a D tilt is more interesting than a D special, for example, I'll most likely replace the special with the tilt. I'll ask the author of the moveset which moves they want included.

Plus, I need sprites for the characters. So unless I find a spriter, movesets with no sprites on the web rest out. Sorry Dexter...
There's a demo of Smash Flash 2 out, and it features Normal Attacks, Dashes, Smashes, Aerials, Specials and Final Smashes

Here is the link : http://www.supersmashflash.net/ !

Baloo

Smash Ace
If you do Marx, you simply have to include D Tilt.

Rocky is special. I'm not telling how he fights.

Bu-but the Toad Brigade! It doesn't have sprites!

Akiak

Smash Ace
I THOUGHT moves were hard to make, because of SSF having only specials. Guess I was wrong...

Well that means I am including other moves! And I think I can do Undead. His mechanic isn't that hard in the end, and if I can't include it I can remove it completely and nerf some moves.

I could use the Toad sprites from SMB2 and recolor them!

TOAD BRIGADE IS OFFICIALLY INCLUDED.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom