• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yea, I do agree with you on that.

I hate when people go like "Super vote!" or "I doubt I'll vote for that" and don't post anything else. When commenting on a moveset, I always try to give a bit more lengthy answer, as you have seen with the Halberd Crew. I think I was one of the very few users to really post something more extensive.
Although I didn't know what was bugging me, so I wasn't able to put the finger quite on it, hence the dodgy stuff in it. =P

Anyway, I completely agree with you, and I'd also like people to post more than "[insert praise here]" or "Wow, that one definitely is worth a Supervote!".

emergency

Smash Journeyman
I honestly liked reading the whole thing, every last bit. It was a great read!

I loved all the extras! The final smash. lol. Someone is in for hell if the Halberd rams the crap out of everyone.

I liked Ax and Mace Knight. And Vul is just plain great. :D

Whoop. I was hoping for something like this, and it came out just like the plan.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Yea, I do agree with you on that.

I hate when people go like "Super vote!" or "I doubt I'll vote for that" and don't post anything else. When commenting on a moveset, I always try to give a bit more lengthy answer, as you have seen with the Halberd Crew. I think I was one of the very few users to really post something more extensive.
Although I didn't know what was bugging me, so I wasn't able to put the finger quite on it, hence the dodgy stuff in it. =P

Anyway, I completely agree with you, and I'd also like people to post more than "[insert praise here]" or "Wow, that one definitely is worth a Supervote!".
This was the general response for Halberd crew=
ZOMG BEST MOVESET EVAR!!!
Even though people may think that, it seems as if they just put all the negatives to one side, and completely ignored them. People, such as me and you, who actually wrote about the moveset and not just that response, gave both the positives and negatives, and this allows people to know what area they are good at, and what they need to improve.

If people were to tell me my Infernape moveset was/wasn't worth a vote, then I would be kinda disappointed, as I wouldn't know what was good or bad about my moveset, and in my next one I may focus on the things I had done bad, believing they were good, and produce a terrible moveset.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I do agree we've been focusing too much on this sort of thing, but it's only natural. Comments that try to categorize a moveset without giving any actual feedback though are usually made by people that didn't read the moveset, though, and are filled with fail.

Whee advertisement

I've decided to cancel my MYM 4 SM and am going to start fresh for MYM 5. I've posted up what little I did do of the next chapter for my MYM 4 SM as well as the general plan for the next 3 chapters.

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance an orange elephant on Chirstmas, a
8 pages since I'm gone?!?!?!

Ok, let's go!

@ Halberd Crew : Yes this moveset is plain awesomeness, even more awesome than awesome but, it deosn't win the contest. I'm still sure it'll go in the Top 20... because it's over detailed, ( Looks at Warlord ), super Kirby-related ( Looks at Kibble ), and is... good! ( Looks at K. Rool ? )

I'm giving it a vote for sure! :)

I'll only be working on Birdon during the time between now and MYM5!

Text for Sig appearing ( Dots ) : ..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Im about 1/4 through my shark movest T_T horrible I know, but is a big moveset and I havent had much time AT ALL to do it.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
I've decided to cancel my MYM 4 SM and am going to start fresh for MYM 5. I've posted up what little I did do of the next chapter for my MYM 4 SM as well as the general plan for the next 3 chapters.
:(

but I guess I get it ~ you did seem to have a long way to go, & even more characters to include. I think it'll be great for u to get a new start (& not include so many freaking characters). I'll certainly be looking forward to another awesome Warlord SM :bee:

as for selfish character requests, I'd like to request that you include Midna again in ur new SM
i'd LOVE to see to you have a level that makes use of her twilight portals
I'd also like to offer up two MYM 5 movesets of mine, Yuji Sakai & Shana, & M. Bison :p

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
:(

but I guess I get it ~ you did seem to have a long way to go, & even more characters to include. I think it'll be great for u to get a new start (& not include so many freaking characters). I'll certainly be looking forward to another awesome Warlord SM :bee:

as for selfish character requests, I'd like to request that you include Midna again in ur new SM
i'd LOVE to see to you have a level that makes use of her twilight portals
I'd also like to offer up two MYM 5 movesets of mine, Yuji Sakai & Shana, & M. Bison :p
Midna already had pretty much all the screen time she was gonna have in my SM, so you're she's not missing out on much of anything by the canceling of the Royal Flush. Seeing as Zant is actually gonna be done in MYM 5, though, she might very well find her way into it again. Due to me keeping the roster small, having dialogue in the SM, being famaliar with Midna and her easily being your best moveset, I might very well make her your rep.

But I promise nothing for inclusions or exclusions. I'm not revealing the roster this time around. It'll still probably end up being huge though.:p

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
Hype is only bad if it's overdone. Some hype is good, you just have to know the proper amount. People need to be anticipating your moveset, but you don't want people dying to see it and preparing for the best moveset ever existing.

I've become quite good at the art of doing just the right amount of advertisement. . .The best way to do it is to not try to do it and simply talk about the moveset. Don't say it'll be great. Just talk about it. Make people aware of it's existence. This is best done in the chat.

I wasn't here for the hype of this moveset. . .So yeah. It got overhyped.

And for anyone who cares, I would supervote this over any of my existing movesets. Vul is quite possibly my best MYM 4 moveset alone.

If you have trouble reading the meat of the moveset at any time, take a break and read the convos. I demand it. I took longer than K. Rool did on the organization on the extras.

In other unrelated news, I have added K. Rool (The DK character) to my roster of MYM5 sets.

Yes, just like Brawl. [/sarcasticsarcasm]

Anyway, I expected to say nothing bad about Halberd Crew, but after I actually SAW it, I felt let down. I admit, it was, in MY book, "super-vote worthy". AMAZING presentation, that is for sure. But I feel something was missing. Maybe it was b/c of the Kirby Factor. The Kirby Factor is that if a series is over-represented in any MYM, the series, and movesets of that series, lose their appeal. Yes, I made that up. But nonetheless, I apply it. The name can be changed to fit any series. Back on topic. The Halberd Crew is a victim of The Kirby Factor. The Kirby series has had so many representatives, the series has become boring, and reading each one has become a hassle. If there is a set equal to the caliber of The Halberd Crew, that set will get all 6 of my supervotes.

MY ANALYSIS OF AXE KNIGHT​

Axe Knight looks a very tricky character. His recovery is very effective. I can actually imagine myself playing as this guy. The Final Smash is very intriguing. I'd like to see more characters like this. Very balanced, but powerful and fast. 8.5/10

MY ANALYSIS OF MACE KNIGHT​

Mace Knight is not a character I'd use much. He is too dependent on his Neutral Special. He is, however, very balanced. If a person is good at using this type of character, go right ahead. The Final Smash is very unique and innovative. I really like the use of the neutral special. Very cool. 9/10

MY ANALYSIS OF CAPTAIN VUL​

Captain Vul is not a character I'd use, like, at all. I prefer lighter and faster characters like Peach or Zelda. I really like the use of Waddle Dee. It is like the IC, but not. I like the use of Bandana Dee in the Final Smash. Although I'd only use this character when I'd have to in a SM, like in the D3 vs. Bowser match, I give Cpt. Vul 9.5/10.

MY ANALYSIS OF THE HALBERD CREW​

The whole set is really unique, even the individual characters are their own movesets. Absolutely amazing. I really feel that THC will be in the Top 10, if not Top 4. This set really does dominate all other sets posted so far. I give the set 2 extra points for presentation.

29/30​

Stunning job, guys!

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
faster characters like Peach or Zelda.
I chuckled at Zelda being fast :laugh:

That's a shame, but I understand, I gave up in the middle of my second chapter.
Once I get bored of making movesets, I will probably focus on making a SM, instead of starting one at the end of the contest.

I am looking forward for your next SM. :bee:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
faster characters like Peach or Zelda
...have I missed something? Peach and Zelda being fast? *blink*

Also, judging movesets because of their series/character is stupid.
Rating with numbers is stupid, especially if you don't tell the creators WHY you docked them points.

Oh, and... How does the Halberd Crew dominate other movesets again?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Oh, and... How does the Halberd Crew dominate other movesets again?
First of all, it was made by three Sandbags, so it's automatically better than every other moveset. Secondly, it's very unique in that each individual character has its own moveset. Thirdly, even though it was a let-down, and the "Kirby Factor" is involved, which makes the moveset boring and appeal-less, the moveset still manages to be "super-vote worthy".

So, yeah!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
First of all, it was made by three Sandbags, so it's automatically better than every other moveset. Secondly, it's very unique in that each individual character has its own moveset. Thirdly, even though it was a let-down, and the "Kirby Factor" is involved, which makes the moveset boring and appeal-less, the moveset still manages to be "super-vote worthy".

So, yeah!
Ah, cool! Thanks. Didn't think of that one.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Moveset Preview Man

How to Unlock​

You will Brawl Moveset Preview Man after reaching these conditions except for the Subspace Emissary.

Play 1 Vs. Matches.
Watch a gameplay demo at the title screen.
Let Moveset Preview Man join your team in the Subspace Emissary.

Unlock Message​

Just a taste of things to come, Moveset Preview Man joins the Brawl!

Introduction​

MPM consists of previews throughout the contest. Because I have the power, his physical form is an Orca.

Play Style​

MPM has a very complicated playstyle, that uses lots of different styles of attacks.
The problem with him is that he is predictable, as everyone knows what is coming.

When Selected​

Moveset Preview Man says "Tell me what you think of this move".

Entry​

He flies out of an open book.

Stats out of 10:

Attack Speed: 4. MPM has some average moves, more slow moves, and the occasional quick move.

Combos: 1. MPM has virtually no combos at all.

Crouch:
5. An average crouch, where he kneels down. Also, as a funny animation, he is tying his shoelaces while crouching.

Damage Dealing: 6. Although the actual attacks aren’t very damaging, the amount of toxic elements and traps available more than make up for this. However, certain very powerful moves hurt yourself.

First Jump: 5. A typically typical jumper.

Fall Speed: 7. He falls quite fast, but not as fast as some of the space animals.

Height: 6.5. He is a little taller than Mario.

KO Power: 4.5. Check out his top eight KO moves(not counting the final smash) and see what I mean. The numbers are kill%.

1. ???%. Takes a lot of time to set this up, and also takes some skill to land.

2. 56%. Super situational, not always at this % side effect of an attack that will most likely result in a suicide.

3. ???%. Depending on what mixture this is, it can have one of 3 problems. You either have to forego using a different, good move, take a lot of luck to get, or is hard to bait the foe into.

4. 93%. It is somewhat laggy and can hurt yourself.

5. 112%. Another not quite as situational, probably less powerful side effect of an attack that may result in a suicide.

6. 114%. Another attack that may hurt yourself.

7. 124%. A rather slow smash attack that is extra slow if you miss.

8. 138%. A somewhat slow projectile that does serious damage to shields.

Priority: 9. Practically EVERY SINGLE MOVE is a disjointed hitbox.

Projectile Game: 5. There are 2 projectiles, one that is quite good and that can control the stage rather well, and one that is slower but seriously hurts shields. The main problem is that neither of these are very fast to come out.

Range: 6.5. Not quite as good as someone like Marth or Ike, but still respectable.

Recovery: 7.5 to 3. Either good or bad, depending on the charge in the gas tank aerials.

Second Jump: 0. He has no second jump!

Running Speed: 5.5. He does enjoy jogging...

Stage Control:
10. What with all of those toxic gasses and wet spots of increased tripping and stuff that can blow up at any second and flammable stuff, he is perfect at this.

Traction: 6. Those boots help in this category...

Weight: 6. He is a little heavier than some other characters.

Special Mechanic​

Natural Armor

In the other games, MPM could not be damaged with his body balls, to kill him, you had to attack the head. In Smash, we cannot do it that much but I found a solution. All of his body balls will have more resistance to any attacks beside Final Smashes. They'll recieve only 85% of the inflicted damages. His head, his weaker and will recieve 120% of the inflicted damages. The easy way to beat MPM is, aim for the head! However, after 2-5 hits, MPM balls can be knocked off, making him smaller. Lost balls can be taken and thrown at opponents. His Neutral B can make them come back. He loses a lot of range when becoming smaller. For details about head form see later.

Specials

Neutral Special= Lockdown

For the start of this move, MPM begins to taps his finger to his bottom lip several times. As he does this, he has a dazed look on his face, looking like he’s deep in thought. After about a quarter of a second, he begins to speak, "It would be wise to..." he then suddenly points the same finger forward towards his opponent as his eyes widen, "Keep you locked down." Suddenly, a large wrought-iron bar cage materializes over the foe, no matter where they are on the field. They're trapped in the cage for 5 seconds, and are then released. If MPM happens to catch a female character, a special scene takes place: The female yells in disgust, “Ugh! You pervert!” (Unless it’s Zelda…she just pouts) and MPM replies, “I’m…a pervert?” The move deals no damage, and has rather large startup lag. It can't be used to kill, and is solely for keeping MPM's foes in check, where he can see their every move. If caught in the air, the cage holds them aloft, exactly where they were first locked up. A caught foe can escape early by breaking his or her shield. MPM’s moves are permeable to the cage, yet ,if hit by a move, they just tumble around the cage.

Side Special= Starlight Blast

MPM immediately starts off this attack and shouts "Starlight Blast!" as he swings his blade around 6 times very quickly and wildly and a flash of light (not so bright that it's blinding) comes off from every hit that MPM makes. MPM then spins around with his blade and hits for a possible two more times while time seems to slow down a little bit. This attack can do A LOT of damage if you use all 8 hits on the opponent. This attack has absolutely NO knockback and is very long, lasting about 6 seconds in all. This attack has a slight capture, DI'ing can happen. This attack is a very good attack if you get in a situation in which they have to be hit by this attack BUT this attack is EXTREMELY punishable. Seeings as it is a 6 second attack, if you miss...prepare to get a fully charged smash in the face. This attack is one that really should be echoed because...10% at a regular is very bad for 6 seconds.

Eight Hits
Regular : 1%-2% for 8 hits = 10%
4 ?????? : 1%-2% for 8 hits = 12%
8 ?????? : 2% for 8 hits = 16%
12 ?????? : 2%-3% for 8 hits = 22%
16 ?????? : 3%-4% for 8 hits = 30%
24 ?????? : 5% for 8 hits = 40%
32 ?????? : 6%-7% for 8 hits = 52%

Down Special=
Kawasaki's Kitchen

MPM heaves a huge pot - about the size of Kirby's, and of a similar design - out of nowhere and plops it down in front of him, sloshing with water. This can only be used on (non-platform) ground, and takes about a second to do. This attack is the most crucial of the whole moveset, so I'll elaborate.

The pot will stay right there on the stage for as long as it takes to complete a recipe, as a kind of obstacle. It has water in it by default. If a foe goes into it now, he'll just hop right back out, going up a set distance. There are a number of attacks that you can use when near or around the pot to season or otherwise prepare it, which are indicated specially below. A soup requires five things to work out; a seasoning, two DIFFERENT vegetables, salt, and pepper. These can be added in any order but must all be added for a soup to succeed, and not in excess; each one ONCE. If you do this, upon adding the final ingredient, the soup will release a puff of steam, signifying its completion. What it does varies depending on what kind of soup you made.

Typically, though, it'll BADLY hurt the foe if they land in it. And - whaddya know - if MPM presses Down B with a complete soup next to him, he'll clang two pots together like Kirby, calling nearby foes who don't dodge correctly right into his creation.

If you made the stew incorrectly - added excess quantities of something, or two of the same veggie or whatnot - it'll explode. Right in MPM's face. The explosion is smaller than a Bob-Omb but packs more or less the same punch, and it's sure to hit poor MPM. so watch your step. Don't get mixed up and forget what you've already added.

And good luck, junior chefs.

Up Special= Lipstick
MPM takes out his lipstick! In the air, he hovers while applying it. He takes one and a half seconds to put it all on. Then, he can fly freely for ten seconds! Oh boy!♥

But, it has high start up lag, and he flies very slowly, about two blocks a second. If he is attacked while applying his lipstick, his lipstick will smudge! He quickly takes out a handkerchief to wipe it off. Then, he says "Ah well. I'm sexy even without my makeup on." Of course, you can walk or jump or attack while he says this, if not there would be much to much lag!♥

The way he flies is rather odd. He strikes a stunningly beautiful pose, and starts wiggling! Oooh, how pretty! Then, he can wiggle through the air! This is very useful for recovery, and air dodging is buffed tenfold while doing this, so you can remain invisible throughout the move!♥♥♥

Throws

Grab Attack= Fishing for birdies

This is a very unique grab, as it not only grabs but helps in recovery, and not only by tethering. MPM randomly says "Dakota" and falls on his back. Then, a red balloon on a black string comes up from behind him, stopping, and then floating at about twice the height of Ganondorf. How is he holding it? He has no arms, it must just be another nonsensical mystery of the Mr Saturns. Anyway, this only grabs people in the air. It has extremely high starting lag, but has the highest range in the game. It also stays out for a full three seconds. If it grabs no one, a bird comes along and touches the balloon. MPM reels it in and the bird disappears. After ten birds have been caught, his up B changes. But more about that later. If it catches an opponent in the air, he reels it in. Then, he automatically throws, depending on which way you point the control stick. After he catches an opponent, he randomly says "potential."

Forward Throw=
ADSVADM Atomizer

Animation:MPM pulls out that weird object which Wes Wesley is holding from the picture above. He sticks the atomizer out with both hands, and it sends a green beam quite a good distance in front of MPM. If you fully charged this, at the end of the move, an orange ring will shoot out around the green laser.

Properties:This does electrical damage. The Beam reaches about 3 stage builder blocks in front of MPM, and is a stage builder block thick. This has quite a bit of start-up and ending lag, plus the duration is long as well. This does 9 multiple hits, with the final hit doing knockback. When uncharged, this can do a maximum of 18%, with the final hit doing mid knockback. When fully charged, this can do a maximum of 24%, with the final hit doing high-low knockback. The Orange ring travels about the speed of a Luigis fireball, and reaches about 4 stage builder blocks in front of Robotnik. This makes the opponent shrink 0.8 times smaller. This deals 7% and low-high knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally. (the opponent stays like this for 6 seconds)

Uses:This has great range, and can drastically eats shield away if the opponent tries to shield it. This has great range, but can be punished if the opponent is in the air, or rolls behind you to smash you far. The shrink ness makes it easier to KO the opponnent, but not many people will let you fully charge this, and if they do, it’s easily avoidable anyway.

Backward Throw=
Capoeira Kick

MPM quickly plants his left hand a tiny bit in front of him, moving him a tiny bit forward. He then shifts all his weight forward, planting his right hand in the process. While his legs swing forward, MPM sticks his right foot in a kicking manner and has his left leg slightly bent to keep his balance. After the kick (which does 7% damage with little knockback), MPM swings his body backwards and resumes his standing animation. This move has little starting lag and a bit of ending lag.

Up Throw= Duet Duel

MPM holds his enemy as he rolls onto his back and the pushes them into the air with his feet. He then jumps up (enemy is motionless through all of this) and prepares to slash the enemy and then time stands still for 1 second. In this one second, a ching will randomly occur and whoever hits A first will win the duel. If you hit A before you hear the ching, you will automatically lose. If you win, you get ready for a big slash in the air and hit them pretty hard. But if they win the duel, they will kick back at you for quite a lot of damage. This is pretty much the pure definition of risk/reward. If you win the duel, you can do severe damage. But if they win the duel, you have not hurt them much at all, and they have dealt a blow to you. Definitely use this attack on people who are unfamiliar with MPM and won't be expecting to hit A.
(1% for kick, 10% for win slash, 11% for lose kick, good knockback for win/loss, No cool-down)

Tilts

Forward Tilt=
Cake

MPM yells "I love mint chocolate!" and throws a cake forward. I know this is Yellow Toad's quote, but his specials are already thought up. So, MPM throws a cake. What happens next? The cake lands on the ground. Wow. That has got to be the most amazing thing in the world. A cake? On the ground? I mean, you can't beat that. No really, it does some cool stuff. The cake does but one damage, and low knockback. Amazing. It has high lag, and medium range. Boring. So, what's the point? The cake, it stays on the ground!

<(O.O)>

NO WAY?!?!?!

No really, Baloo, what does this thing do? It acts like bananas, they make opponents trip is they land on them. But, that's not all. They also make the opponent look ridiculous, because they are covered in cake. Seriously, who likes being covered in cake. NO ONE! Who likes seeing their opponent covered in cake? EVERYONE! They also move a little more slowly for three seconds, being covered in sticky cake. Me thinks this is a good time to track up some damage with D Smash, you can't rack up all Marzillion damage, but you most certainly can get in at least ten. In the air, he can do a little hop off of the cake for recovery.

Up Tilt=
Sky Divider

MPM sweeps his sword upwards, brings it down and then jumps while sweeping his sword upwards, obviously going much higher while yelling "Sky Divider!". This attack does NOT capture the opponent so they can DI out of it, yet it's a bit hard. This move is mainly for knockback, not so much damage. But the knockback is AMAZING. And if this move is ?????? at 32...it's pretty much auto-kill at like 25%. This attack is one of MPM's least laggy specials. It still has a start-up of about .25 seconds and has quite a bit of lag afterwards, which really doesn't matter because the opponent will be knocked down at pretty much any percent or killed. The frozen startup at 24 and 32 does not affect this special that much. This attack does not have much range at all, making you be pretty much right next to the opponent to do it. This attack can be used as a recovery also (Cuz it's an Up-B) and when used in the air, MPM does not get much height at all from the first slash, but the second one is what carries him up the most. It is probably and average recovery, not being too great or too bad. One of the special things about this recovery (which can be good or bad depending on the situation) is that the more ????? you have, the higher MPM will go in his recovery. If you get him to 24 or 32, he will freeze as normal and it's a great recovery. The bad thing about this is that if you get a lot of ????? and you are forced to use this, they're kind of wasted. But at least you still get back on the stage! Even though there are other ways for MPM to get back to the stage...suspense....

Two Hits
Regular : 3% + 4% = 7% with average knockback and 3 stage builder blocks upwards.
4 ?????? : 4% + 6% = 10% with average knockback and 3 stage builder blocks upwards.
8 ?????? : 6% + 7% = 13% with good knockback and 3.5 stage builder blocks upwards.
12 ?????? : 8% + 9% = 17% with good knockback and 4 stage builder blocks upwards.
16 ?????? : 10% + 12% = 21% with great knockback and 4 stage builder blocks upwards.
24 ?????? : 13% + 14% = 27% with amazing knockback and 5.5 stage builder blocks upwards
32 ?????? : 15% + 15% = 30% with GOD-LIKE knocback and 6.5 stage builder blocks upwards.

Down Tilt=
Tundra

Two horizontal waves of blue energy quickly shoot outwards from MPM's body, expanding to the length of one stage builder block in both directions. If an opponent is hit by this energy, they take 6% damage and a bit of hitstun. The energy waves then release a small shower of ice crystals and snow that fall down to the ground, coating it in a thin layer of ice that occasionally glimmers, alerting you and the other fighters to its location. The ground beneath MPM is also covered in ice, though it does not affect her. When an opponent steps on this ice, they have a 70% chance to trip and slide forward, and a 30% chance to freeze upon contact, dealing 10% damage. MPM and characters like the Ice Climbers are not affected by this terrain change. The ice lasts for twenty seconds before it melts, allowing you to use the move once more. The entire move takes about 1.5 seconds from start to finish, but MPM can move after the snow begins to fall.

Running Attack= Coffee Time!

MPM takes out a nice hot cup of coffee and continues running for a brief period of a quarter of a second. The coffee is obviously hot; it leaves a small trail of steam as MPM goes about. Now, as fate would have it, MPM trips and falls to the ground quickly, spilling his beloved coffee in the process. The hot coffee goes flying out, having the range of a Battlefield platform and scalding whoever is unfortunate enough to be in range. MPM weeps a little and enters his grounded state where he can use a get-up attack or roll to stand back up. The coffee does 10% damage with good knockback. This move is based off the real MPM tripping and spilling coffee all over the brawl servers, which explains why it's so laggy and why it's down so often.

Aerial Attacks

Neutral Air= "Take this!"
(10%- low knockback)
Tiny start up lag

MPM shouts out "Take this!", then swings Freeze Pride horizontally, dealing 4% damage. This move has tiny start up lag, so you can use this without worry of being vulnerable for too long. This deals no knockback, but will allow you to move onto the second part of the combo- a vertical slice that sends your opponent slightly into the air, and deals 2% damage. Freeze Pride has a blue, icy trail behind it when he does the vertical slash, but this is just for aesthetics.
Whilst your opponent is stunned in the air, you have a choice of two options. You can continue the combo, or you can follow up with another attack, so you should choose depending on the situation you find yourself in.

The third part of the combo is a stab straight forward, which deals 6% damage, and deals low knockback. He thrusts Freeze Pride the same width as King Dedede, so this move can be used at a distance, which is helpful, because if you hit someone with the tip of Freeze Pride whilst they are in the air, or over the edge, it will act as a very weak meteor smash with decent range, but if you miss, the ending lag is 2 seconds, so this will leave you vulnerable to getting knocked off the edge, and then edge guarded.

This is a great combo move, and the fact that if you just hit with the stab, missing with the first two parts of the combo, it will act as a meteor smash. This is truly a multi functional combo- you can follow on with other attacks after the second hit, which also stuns them for 1 second, or you could use it as a meteor smash.

Forward Air=
Gust Blade
(7%, 6%, 1%, 1%, 1%...)

MPM will slash forward with her right hand, then step ahead and slash with the other. She will then take another step and stick out her right fist (which will stretch out a character space ahead and inflict 5% damage). A small tornado will appear in front of her hand (and it is slightly larger than... Luigi’s head) and swirl. The second hit will push the victim far enough to be hit by the tornado. All of these attacks are low priority, but they start quickly, and end slightly slower.
Extra Notes: This attack is extremely punishable if the third hit misses, as pressing the button three times automatically makes you use the tornado attack. There is a nice range to all of the attacks, and there is little knockback with everything.

Backwards Air= Sun Slash

MPM gathers up all of his power for about 1.5 seconds and then slashes 5 times with his orange glowing sword while yelling "Sun Slash!" and then sweeps down from top to bottom and a field of orange explodes from his blade. This attack captures the opponent, so if hit by any of the attacks (while not shielded) it will capture them and they will not be able to escape (Maybe...with good DI). The only knockback is the explosion at the end which is below average knockback. Mostly a damage building move. This move has high starting and ending lag and bad range. Yet it can do A LOT of damage if used wisely. At the 24 and 32 echo marks, the starting lag does not matter because the second that MPM uses the move, the match freezes as he prepares so it does not matter anyway.

Regular : 1% for each of the 5 hits + 4% at the end = 9% with below average knockback
4 echoes : 1% for each of the 5 hits + 6% at the end = 11% with below average knockback
8 echoes : 1% for each of the 5 hits + 8% at the end = 13% with average knockback
12 echoes : 1%-2% for each of the 5 hits + 9% at the end = 16% with average knockback
16 echoes : 1%-2% for each of the 5 hits + 11% at the end = 19% with average knockback
24 echoes : 2% for each of the 5 hits + 12% at the end = 22% with good knockback (starting lag does not matter)
36 echoes : 2% for each of the 5 hits + 15% at the end = 25% with great knockback (starting lag does not matter)

Downwards Air=
thanks, sakurai!

MPM resorts to the old-fashioned way with help of sakurai. he flinches for a split second and twinkle appears right in front of him. when an opponent touches that spot, they will trip and take 4%. this also releive a character of any abilties gained from another character, mainfully kirby's. great for mind games and that sence of oldskool komedy in us all.

Up Air= Screwball Attack

MPM takes out his pick axe and starts spinning it around in a circle, moving up, like Samus's Up B. However, then it hits him on the head, and he is knocked horizontally in the opposite direction he was facing when he started this. The other toads find this hilarious, and laugh, all except for blue toad, who looks exasperated, apparently at MPM's clumsiness. This does ten damage, but low knockback. It also has high lag. This is not only good for vertical, but horizontal recovery as well. It doesn't go as high as real Screw attack, but it adds the horizontal recovery, making it better than the original, which is rare for toad.

Smash Attacks

Neutral Smash= ??? Axe

"This attack is so simple, I shouldn't need to describe it: It's just three slashes. I pull out with favorite axe. My first slash is horizontal to the left, the second is to the right, and the last I swing straight upwards. Once I'm done, I just lay the axehead on the ground for a moment before putting the whole d*** thing away. What'd I say, it's just so d*** simple."

"...

"If ???'s axehead hits you, you're dealt about 6% damage and little knockback. If he hits you with the handle, you suffer 3% damage and low knockback. Fortunately, the axe takes up about 1 full block, and the axehead only takes up about a quarter of that. The swipes come in very quick succession, but ??? has to wait a moment afterwards before being able to attack again."

Side Smash= ??? Katana

"I like this one. The sexiest woman on Earth, ???, appears right behind me. I turn around, hold her my arms and lean foward to seduce her. Sometimes, I tell a few words of admiration. All the while, I'm readying my katana. As I lean towards her, I swing my arm horizontally behind me. Then, she disappears, and I get disappointed."

"When ??? appears, it takes a second for ??? to notice. As ??? speaks to ???, he is charging his katana. Once he's finshed charging (which takes up to 4 seconds), his katana immediately slashes it behind him. Contact with the blade can range from 4-12% damage and mid-to-high knockback, depending on how long it is charged. Once ??? disappears, ??? remains in place, devastated, for one more second."

Down Smash=
the cliff

a cliff the length of 2 battlefield platforms diagonally appears that also has a small flat area the length of MPM at the top. MPM slowly waddles/scuffles up over two seconds. when gets to the edge of the flat plain, we see his on-ledge animation for a half second before he falls headfirst (head?) downward. now, when he falls more than half of a stage builder block, that's when the fun begins. if MPM hits the ground or an enemy on his freefall, he explodes in a radius of bowser inside his shell, doing a hefty 12% and high knockback while giving 6% to MPM. an effective recovery and KO attack, this is a very fun move. plus, if you hit something in midair, you regain your jumps.

Up Smash= Motorcycling

MPM dons his helmet on top of his head (Safety First so he can be a good role model to all the fan girls' kids, if they have any at all) and rides his suddenly appearing violet motorcycle into the sunset (you get the idea). When he is on the motorcycle, he can do most of the attacks Wario can do, but with diffent damages counters (Ramming will give 8%, while Wheelieing will make 6%). MPM can go at a fast spped, but he will have less control turning because of that. Pressing the A button while on the bike will make him throw the helmet as an item for 6%. MPM does gain much speed when used in the air, but you can stiil jump of the bike easily and gain some height. Speaking about getting off, the bike will automatically dissappear when you leave and it touches the ground or the end zone. It can't be used as a item, and can't be conjured up for 5 seconds after you got off the bike. (Free Hand)

Final Smash

Dark Eco Drive
(45%- high knockback)

This is an insanely powerful move, as it has incredible power and knockback, and is almost guaranteed to KO someone if you connect with it. This may seem broken, but it isn't, as this move comes with it's disadvantages; you can only use it one time per match, because once you use it, you lose a stock, and reappear on the battlefield as Errol, MPM's cybernetic form as seen in Jak 3. When you turn to Errol, there is no way for you to return to this form, so make sure to use this at the right time, and when you have at least 2 lives remaining. This move is quite laggy, so it may be easy for your opponent to dodge it, but the radius of the attack is that of a Smart Bomb, so you may hit them even if they try to flee, especially on smaller levels, such as Yoshi's Island.

When you input the command, a large pile of Dark Eco barrels will appear around the length of Smashville's floating platform away from you. The barrels will float in midair if you use it close to the edge, but this will limit your offensive abilities with this attack. Out of nowhere, MPM's hoverbike will appear at the side of him, and he will jump onto it, pulling down his mask. MPM will then begin to drive forward, shouting out "I win..." followed by the name of your opponent. If there are more than one opponents, then he will shout out the name of the one with the highest damage percentage. If all characters have the same damage and stock amount then he will say the name of the character who is using either the first or second character slot, depending on which one you are using. If MPM hits someone with his bike, they will receive 15% damage, and will be pushed towards the barrels, so try to avoid getting hit by this if you can. Once MPM hits the barrels, there will be a short, bright white flash, and then the barrels will explode with a thunderous booming sound, and a large purple/ black shockwave will emit from them, dealing 45% damage and high knockback to whoever it hits. This move will cause people who are edgegrabbing to fall off, so trying to avoid the move in this way will not work. The only true way to avoid this is to be away from the explosion, but on smaller stages this can be easier said than done.

Once you have used this attack, MPM will be consumed by the Dark Eco, and will lose a stock. However, once you respawn, instead of coming down on the floating platform, a small device will fall from the sky, and a holographic face will appear from it. The hologram begins to laugh maniacally, and then begin to disappear. Once it has, a yellow beam of light will shine down from the sky, and a large, bulking figure will appear. This figure is around the size of Ganondorf, but is wider, and more bulkier. When the light clears, you can see this is Errol, the cyber version of MPM, a monstrous machine that is so evil the only part of his humanity he holds onto is a small section of flesh on the side of his metallic face. Once you have transformed, you will then play as Errol for the remainder of the match.

This move comes with it's advantages and disadvantages. The sheer force of this move almost guarantees a KO, but it will be a sacrificial one. That being said, if you and your opponent are on the last stock, then they will probably die before you, causing and "MPMcide" victory in most cases. However, this technique can be risky, and could cause you to lose a match if you try this technique and miss.

Victory Poses

He says "Wow, I'm glad you guys liked it!"

Losing Pose

He falls to the floor and says "I should have posted on the next page!"

Codec

AUX
[CALL]
PUSH SELECT

Snake: Otacon, what's this pizza face monster fighting me for?
Otacon: Snake, that's MPM, a dark minion of Zant.
Snake: Don't you mean Shadow Beast?
Otacon: No, it's 'MPM'. I read it in the Official Prima Strategy Guide for Twilight Princess.
Snake: No, the name at the bottom of the screen obviously says, 'Shadow Beast'. The Super Smash Bros. Brawl trophy and the official Twilight Princess website both call it Shadow Beast.
Otacon: (in a high pitched mimiking voice) No, the name at the bottom of the screen obviously says, 'Shadow Beast'. The Super Smash Bros. Brawl trophy and the official Twilight Princess website both call it Shadow Beast.
Snake: The guy who writes Prima's guides needs to lurk moar. Speaking of that, where are you always working in your spare time?
Otacon: Oh... umm... you see, I...

Fin

I wanted to see if I could make a moveset consisted of previews, and I could. There were still a lot more previews that I couldn't use.
I have come to the conclusion that MYM5 could use less previews =P, and I am aware that I am guilty of this, two of the attacks in here belonging to me XD
This was a result of extreme boredom lol, but the moveset turned out pretty well.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Many lulz were had. I don't get why you're using the pic of an orca, tho.
The orca was the first thing that came into my head :laugh:.
It was more interesting than a generic stickman.

The moveset was more of a little research project I was doing into the amount of previews posted, so I decided to put them all together. One of the worst culprits of previewing was Chemistry Man, with Allegretto having a lot as well.
Chemistry Man even had a preview of his stats, and I think Sparkz should have left that for the actual moveset.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@MPM: Lol, great!

Though I think the moveset really needed more Chemistry Man. In fact, more than half the moveset should have consisted of Chemistry Man.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
MPM needs more Undead Hero and Chemistry Man. The entire moveset could be made entirely out of previews given from those two movesets.

I lol'd that you even used a previewed codec though. . .XD

Good job.

@Everyone: THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T GIVE PREVIEWS OF RANDOM MOVES.
Agreed, first of all, why did you have AOSTH Robotnik set instead of Undead Hero? Undead was previewed, lol, like 10 of his moves already, and Robotnik had like 4 compared lol.

I think we all can agree that DFM (who is on the promise of not doing it anymore) had to much moves previewed, and that the total amount of previews that a MYMer do sshould be more limited, not like the 30 odd moves I've previewed overall!

The NEWER MYM Chat, try it out!

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I started from the most recent previews to the earliest ones.
That's why I didn't get a lot of CM and Undead Hero previews.

There must have been at least 30-40 previews in this thread, which amazed me.

The preview stats for CM really bewildered me- posting say one move from your moveset is OK, but posting 90% of it plus the statistics is a bit much. That is basically an easy way to get around the rule of reposting movesets, as CM was posted in previews, then it was posted as a moveset, which was just all the movesets combined.

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
hehe, MPM is great. Also, I just found Undead Hero and I'm reading him now. He seems good.

Hey, is Toad Brigade going to be done by the 28th?

EDIT: I am really new to the voting process on here, so do we vote for characters in general, or in categories?

half_silver28

Smash Ace
hehe, MPM is great. Also, I just found Undead Hero and I'm reading him now. He seems good.

EDIT: I am really new to the voting process on here, so do we vote for characters in general, or in categories?
The sandbags are going to hold formal voting for the best movesets & Story modes. The categories I'm talking about are part of the MYM awards, which is an unofficial thing held by me. The voting for that will begin right after the deadline for moveset submission.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910

What I did is

(Name of character): (name of author) and state if you're going to Super Vote it.

do this for 30 movesets, but remember that you can only Super vote a moveset 6 times!

EDIT: You wasn't talking about the normal voting process?

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
MY ANALYSIS OF AXE KNIGHT​

Axe Knight looks a very tricky character. His recovery is very effective. I can actually imagine myself playing as this guy. The Final Smash is very intriguing. I'd like to see more characters like this. Very balanced, but powerful and fast. 8.5/10

MY ANALYSIS OF MACE KNIGHT​

Mace Knight is not a character I'd use much. He is too dependent on his Neutral Special. He is, however, very balanced. If a person is good at using this type of character, go right ahead. The Final Smash is very unique and innovative. I really like the use of the neutral special. Very cool. 9/10

MY ANALYSIS OF CAPTAIN VUL​

Captain Vul is not a character I'd use, like, at all. I prefer lighter and faster characters like Peach or Zelda. I really like the use of Waddle Dee. It is like the IC, but not. I like the use of Bandana Dee in the Final Smash. Although I'd only use this character when I'd have to in a SM, like in the D3 vs. Bowser match, I give Cpt. Vul 9.5/10.

MY ANALYSIS OF THE HALBERD CREW​

The whole set is really unique, even the individual characters are their own movesets. Absolutely amazing. I really feel that THC will be in the Top 10, if not Top 4. This set really does dominate all other sets posted so far. I give the set 2 extra points for presentation.

29/30​

Stunning job, guys!
How exactly does something that lost a total of 3 points end up as a 29/30? (8.5 + 9 + 9.5 = 27)

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
~~Brought to you by Dancingfrogman~~​

~~Presents~~​

~~Make your move Brawl-a-thon~~​

~~Date from Friday March the 6th - Saturday the 7th~~​

~~21:00 pm (GMT) to whenever ~~​

~~Well, this will be an ONLINE brawl, so if you unfortantly don't have wifi, bad luck to you. This is to represent our time in MYM4.~~​

~~If you want to join in, please Vm me with your friend code, and I'll add you to the list below, which has the MYMers FC:~~​

MYM Roster

Chief Mendez: 4210-4038-0279 (HMD)
cheap_josh: 5112-3159-0491 (CJOSH)
MasterWarlord: 3566-3020-3547 (MW)
SirKibble: 3093-7424-7335 (SRKBL)
TWILTHERO: 1504-5461-0645 (TWILT)
TheSundanceKid: 0258-9965-2123 (L)
darkserenade: 0473-7450-3610 (DASE)
dancingfrogman: 4468-2422-3562 (DFROG)
agidius: 2406-4931-6532 (AGI)
Hyper_Ridley: 3780-8678-9309 (HR)
KingK.Rool: 1246-8413-4012 (KINGK)
Jimnymebob: 0302-1240-6623 (JIMNY)
Chris Lionheart: 2922-3469-8432 (LION)
Baloo: 5370-2507-8442 (BALOO)
Smash Daddy: 3609-3986-8451 (Smady)
princesspeachluver13: 2149-1683-7112 (CHRIS)
PKSkyler: 5241-1676-7828 (~SKY~)
Twilight-Emblem: 0344-8964-0463 (Unknown)
kitsuneko345: 4553-9891-6500 (Unknown)
Mardyke: 365202064-2198 (unknown)

You probably noticed that some of the people here are not here at present, and if they don't appear, just don't add them!

~~Okay, this isn't a tornament of anything, so this is just for the fun! If they are too many people in one group, just host another, as you should've added everyones FC!~~​

*Credit goes to Sirkibble and the list he keeps up in the MYM Social Group.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Whee advertisement

I kinda cried about this. :(

The plans looked great, but I understand why you stopped.

If you are making a new MYM5 SM, I suggest you keep the Top 50 movesets from this contest, and then include 50 new movesets for an even 100. And I like the premise of Master Hand being the omnipotent being, so if you include him in a similar manner to the Royal Flush (although not necessarily the same storyline), the story will turn out to be just as epic.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
That's a good idea dfm, and I'll be happy to join.

However, there may be a possibility that I will only be able to get on at around 10 o'clock.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Blarg, my Lucas is hoooooooorible online, PKT2 is nearly impossible. But I'll join anyway.

@Preview: YES! Doria (♥) Mr Saturn and the Toad Brigade all in 1! Awesome moveset!

And yes, Toad Brigade will be done by the end of MYM4.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
That's a good idea dfm, and I'll be happy to join.

However, there may be a possibility that I will only be able to get on at around 10 o'clock.
As I said in the post, it will planned to go on from 9:00pm (GMT) to whenever, so there should still be plenty of time if peeps arrive later!

Plus it's a 2 day thing, and guess what? When MYM4 has officially ended, and we're in the break stage, expect more brawls like this again (well, i'm planning on this)!

This is a token to MYM!

P.S: I've added everyone on the list, just to let you lot know!

@Baloo: it's for fun, no worries, we could play with items if we wanted too!

Glad for the support (fridays and saturdays are most convinent for me, as there is no school for me to attend to)

Baloo

Smash Ace
Oh, please no. Items ruin me more than lag. I haven't played with items on since some time in June, except for on NPC. Which doesn't count. So no items, I forget what they all do even! I'll just use Meta or Jiggly or TL, my secondaries, much easier online.

And I know it's for fun, it's just I hate online in general.

And to make this MYM, I have a moveset question.

In the extras, is a Gallery section good? I mean, what do you all think of it, is it a bad idea?

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
I understand that it is a competition, and I know why people are in the competitive spirit, as everyone would like to win.
What I don't like is the fact that some people will respond to a moveset with one of these replies=

"I skimmed your moveset and it looks OK. I don't think it is worth a vote though."

"I will super vote that."

In context, those replies are perfectly fine, but they require some justification. Just saying a moveset is crap isn't very nice, and saying it is worth a super vote without giving reason isn't the best way to go about stating your opinion. A better way to put those two replies are=

"I enjoyed reading your moveset, and I especially enjoyed blah.... However, there were some things wrong. For example blah..... You should try to focus on these thins when making your next moveset."

"That was a fantastic moveset, and I really enjoyed reading it. I liked blah... but I feel you could improve blah....
Well done, you did great!"

However, this is coming from the view of an uncompetitive person :laugh:.
I really want to agree a lot with you on this, I honestly do. It's one of the main reasons why I haven't posted as much as everyone else in the past. But the speed of the thread, and the amount which I want to say on a deep moveset/topic, works against me too heavily.

I remember trying to pass a review on something, but breaking it off half-way because it was late at night. I come back the next day, and we're seven pages away from that moveset, thus rendering my thoughts on it irrelevant to the topic at hand. That I'm a slow reader and that I want to make absolutely sure that I fully understand the moveset which I'm reviewing. Hence why I come to simply appreciate that people acknowledge the moveset is there, even if no constructive critique is actually given.

Look on the bright side - there's always the odd chance that someone will come back and look at the moveset again like I'm doing with Cortez right now.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Oh, please no. Items ruin me more than lag. I haven't played with items on since some time in June, except for on NPC. Which doesn't count. So no items, I forget what they all do even! I'll just use Meta or Jiggly or TL, my secondaries, much easier online.

And I know it's for fun, it's just I hate online in general.

And to make this MYM, I have a moveset question.

In the extras, is a Gallery section good? I mean, what do you all think of it, is it a bad idea?
I was giving an example, geesh! (besides, I don't play with items on anyway, so...)

Gallery sectuon? Well it is an extra, so do what you want really. But at least your participating yet you dislike online though :).

@Jimny: Well, if you would see that a group has 4 out of 4 people in, and that if someone else is online, make another group, and allow people to join said group if one is maximized.

Remember, if you're not on the list already, please leave your FC as a side comment if you want to join!

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
3652-2064-2198.

You guys should see my Mario. And I feel strangely proud of my Captain Falcon, too. :V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom