• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

EWC

Smash Ace
Good marths will bait your bait and trap you, so you have to be really careful. Appear aggressive while actually being passive. Don't give marth room to move around.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
thank you and i knew the C. Falcon mains were smarter than many pichu pichu users (not because they pick pichu) because of the marth matches and do i have a good chance to SHFFL marth, because that's all pichu needs to combo

DrewB008

Smash Lord
oh you mean wavedashing out of shield in general, not the tech skill

wavedashing out of shield is really good for escaping shield pressure almost all the time, as your opponents get better theyll start catching your rolls and jumps

start out using it to get away from people who arent space animals cause youll develop good timing on it, then its useful against space animals as well once youre good at understanding when to use it

demodemo

Smash Ace
sorry, this is probably the wrong thread but its just a quick question

how come when i waveland off platforms im sometimes in a helpless tumble animation that i can tech out of when i land?

DrewB008

Smash Lord
that happens if you hold the shoulder button and your shield pops up as you go off the edge, but only if youre facing toward the platform

its the same principle as if youre holding your shield on a plat and somebody attacks it and pushes you off. if youre go forward off, you can act immediately, but if you go backwards off you tumble a little and can tech when you hit the ground

Scar

#HarveyDent
Yo bigD I'm thinking about re-doing the falcon boards into like "gameplay" and "social" subforums so that mic never comes in here again and tells us not to talk about non-cf related stuff

what do you think

Scar

#HarveyDent
esp not in the CF threads. we can handle everything.

i def think i should unsticky all the other threads tho, honestly angelobangelo's vid? are you kidding me?

the hit % / frame data stuff is useful tho i guess

Scar

#HarveyDent
we will both money match you at genesis

i think there are only a handful of ppl at this point that can beat me in dittos but i'm a very confident person.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
bigy im still 1-0 with you in tourney buddy

but ive seen you do some nasty stuff, you could very well pull it off

edit: also good **** scar at challenging him to a money match on my behalf hahaha

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Scar there are so many good people going to Alu's tourny on the 7th. Im starting to get worried. Do you think tri-state will beast as hard as we normally do even with the addition of so many top players from around the US?!?!?!

Of course we have M2K PC Jman and Cactuar, but what about the rest of us? We all dnt have the Scar mentality.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Of course we have M2K PC Jman and Cactuar, but what about the rest of us? We all dnt have the Scar mentality.
LMAO Scar mentality definitely is that I'm going to this **** and getting top 3 NO DOUBT

idk bro it's as good a time as any to be worried but now we def get to challenge ourselves and see if we do all make it out of pools etc

alu has to do pools and they need to be done well, i think he should prob seed down to 64 but who knows

Ja

Smash Journeyman
That's a good point......I mean even when I was starting back in mid 2007 stuff was outdated and not that helpful.
Yeah, I started dec 2007 and I found it pretty useless.
CF FAQ said:
Size: 3/5- Falcon is not particularly tall, nor is he particularly small. He lies somewhere between Bowser and Pichu. I don't think I really need to go into too much detail here.
Stuff like that isn't helpful. Some of the stuff is even inaccurate and confusing to new people.
Tech Chasing- This is Dthrowing or Uthrowing the opponent and watching which way they tech. Then following that tech with a Forward-B. You will catch up to them and land it, sending them into they air making them susceptible to a combo or a finishing knee.
Someone should tell darkrain he's doing it wrong...

Frame data + moonwalk guide are useful. No need for a video link thread, youtube all day.

If I was reorganizing it, I'd copy the frame data over and make that a separate thread. Unsticky everything else, create a new CF faq which links to the moonwalk thread, and then create a matchups thread.

Beginners do need a thread to go to for the basics instead of searching through the 3 "ask a CF" threads to piecemeal an answer. I'd be willing to do a CF faq outline that a pro could correct/fill in, but it would probably be wrong in a lot of places...

Scar

#HarveyDent
yo why don't we all like pitch in and do that ****

matchups etc organize everything so it's like scar as melee falcon mod changed the way the game is played

the only reason i hate doing that stuff is b/c marths and foxes will go searching through our matchup stuff and counter our way of countering them

which is why a lot of the time i just say spacing timing and experience lmao

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
btw can i ask any of you how the **** to beat falco
Learn to predict lasers and how to deal with them when you predict it. When to run up shield to nair, nair over lasers, when to just sheild and roll away etc.

Tech chase on reaction with grabs until you think you have a good read on them. If they tech near the edge knee them. Know when how to edgeguard stupidly effective even if it means going off stage.

You probably know this already.

Dark_Crono

Smash Journeyman
Learn to predict lasers and how to deal with them when you predict it. When to run up shield to nair, nair over lasers, when to just sheild and roll away etc.

Tech chase on reaction with grabs until you think you have a good read on them. If they tech near the edge knee them. Know when how to edgeguard stupidly effective even if it means going off stage.

You probably know this already.
how you learn to predict lasers??? and scar plays eggm im pretty sure he knows how to deal with them... Scar i think you really need to stop choking before asking for advice.

Scar

#HarveyDent
i dont choke anymore i just have no idea how to fight falco, i dont have enough experience vs him

i can deal with the lasers in general but it affects my patience which is bad overall

Dark_Crono

Smash Journeyman
Well i used to have that same problem and what i do is that i start thinking about something else or just start talking .
Patience is key anyway... you have to get over it and know that if you dont have patience youll loose .
Nair spam against Falco doesnt work...most of the times when falco is lasering you it doenst matter if you know theyre coming cause good falcos will just close every offensive option you have, the best thing you can do is try to move in platforms and if you are in FD and hes starts to get too gay with lasers i grab the ledge and stay there for a while since most of the time theyre not as patience as you think they are.

Top Bottom