• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Scar

#HarveyDent
idk FD is always better for me than platform stages, it's weird

if falco comes down from a platform with that dair it's just such ****

falco has too much priority

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
how you learn to predict lasers???
Is that sarcastic? If not then you would be surprised at how many Falcos fire lasers in the same spots/situations and how a lot of Falcos are similar in habits.

Edit: FD is perfectly fine against Falco cause platforms shouldn't really be the main way to get around lasers anyway (at least I think).

DrewB008

Smash Lord
you can time punishment on plats

bait him into aerialing onto or off of a plat, like lots will land on it with a dair like its for free and you can get to their side and bair them, or even uair them in their lag before they drop through and dair you

wavelanding onto a plat real quick usually gives me a second of breathing room to just watch them too, a lot of times theyll then jump up onto the plat with lasers and if youre ready you can get under them

i dunno i like dreamland and battlefield as much as fd, battlefield provides relatively easier edgeguarding, dreamland you can outrecover them and i dont really get too bothered by lasers generally so the size doesnt hurt me

DrewB008

Smash Lord
maybe if other people posted more often i wouldnt have to worry about it

just edit them together with your powers

and lastly, i dunno if that thread alone can be considered the best thread of all time, the trifecta that is DA (crashman, 5150, sauce) have made hundreds of glorious threads, but it will take some searching for lots of them. the mods invented a special ban for 5150, and all 10 of his alts are tough to track down. crashman has had like 5 alts too, its a rough business

_Keno_

Smash Lord
How do you go about keeping a fox off the stage after he has already grabbed the ledge? And why is d-tilt such a bad move? It seems to work well for me. Lastly, whats the hardest to combo DI-able direction a Peach go against a falcon? Like, easiest to mess-up on, or hardest to reach.

I will never give up nesnoob

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
How do you go about keeping a fox off the stage after he has already grabbed the ledge? And why is d-tilt such a bad move? It seems to work well for me. Lastly, whats the hardest to combo DI-able direction a Peach go against a falcon? Like, easiest to mess-up on, or hardest to reach.

I will never give up nesnoob
lol ain't happening.

Scar

#HarveyDent
i'm going to mass madness next weekend, you should pick me up from there and drive me back to philly on sunday

_Keno_

Smash Lord
captain falcon can always **** peach no matter what your DI is ever and it is always really easy to do
I secondary falcon, and wouldn't mind anyone answering the first part...but I'm still not convinced.... :dizzy:

I will never give up...nesnoob

Dark_Crono

Smash Journeyman
Is that sarcastic? If not then you would be surprised at how many Falcos fire lasers in the same spots/situations and how a lot of Falcos are similar in habits.

Edit: FD is perfectly fine against Falco cause platforms shouldn't really be the main way to get around lasers anyway (at least I think).
yeah but you dont learn how to predict them you just do it, in that case what you need to learn is how to punish.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Scar is the man. IKM2 was epic and i loved all the dumb offstage **** lol

1. What's the best way to gentleman? Forward taught me A A AZ but it feels like he goes into rapid punch if he doesn't hit with the third hit. I've seen silent spectre do miss gentlemans w/o the rapid punching

2. How should a double falcon team operate? How can they help eachother recover and stuff, and what are some general tips for playing the team.

3. How do I beat aggressive technical foxes who nair and shine and upthrow upsmash alllllll day? How should i edgeguard stupid fox?

Thanks man.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
Scar is the man. IKM2 was epic and i loved all the dumb offstage **** lol

1. What's the best way to gentleman? Forward taught me A A AZ but it feels like he goes into rapid punch if he doesn't hit with the third hit. I've seen silent spectre do miss gentlemans w/o the rapid punching

hit a 3 times, like 3 full, like exaggerate pressing presses. if you know your not gonna hit them with all 3, don try to do them, but if you get the first 2 and miss the 3rd one it still shouldnt go into rapid punch..

DrewB008

Smash Lord
strangely mundane, there arent really reliable combos on samus unless youre double/triple kneeing anyway, so killing her at high % is the same as any other percent, you read her and knee, or you keep building % until an uair or bair kills her, which is not that unreasonable on non dl64 levels

A A then hold A until you make some sort of movement

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Completely random question:

Ledgehop Wvaeland DJ, is there a name for that? If not, I would like to dub it America, so there can be the American Knee. XD

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
two questions Scar:

what happened to the stickies?

and how do you play against Fox specifically, I usually do Nair and Grab's that lead to tech chases....but are there any more CREATIVE options I have?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer

DrewB008

Smash Lord
junglefever needed to know right away

also, heres a little trivia: did you know that it used to be a 2 point offense to reply to spam by telling people that the mods would do it/inform people of the rules, but then the mods were using it as an infraction for any reply to spam?

i informed them of their error when they repeatedly said that the rules clearly stated replying to spam was a 2 point infraction, and since then theyve changed it slightly to look like they always meant to say dont ever reply to spam, but the rule now looks really goofy and has a lot of extraneous information if youre just never supposed to reply to spam

cheap peach, once a fox has grabbed the ledge, you gotta sort of read em and get lucky, but full jump knees are kinda good while you wait, and utilt is a good auto space sort of move to get them as well

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
yo wes this is the falcon boards, spamming is a given, you know that lmao

but anyways how do i play more like you scar? i wanna drop stupid falco cuz i wanna be soo goods with the falconaiter =[

DrewB008

Smash Lord
jona correct me if im wrong but you havent been to a tournament yet right?

i dont mean that in an insulting way or anything, but trust me, if youre better with falco than you are with falcon, you will regret dropping him in the long run, this will be more apparent the more tourneys you go to. falcon is hot as hell, but dont throw your life away

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
nah i havent been to a tourney yet, ive played mogwai and my man otg and i always do better with falco then falcon, but i started out learning tech's and everything with falcon..so i dont wanna drop him..
i do sexy things sometimes but i just do better overall with the bird =/

ill be at the tourney on the 7th tho...yeeeeaaaa

DrewB008

Smash Lord
i have way more falcon experience than any other character, and i still have an easier time vs some characters/people when i use a different character

you can keep him around for sure, for a while at least he'll probably do better vs peach marth and samus than falco, but in the long run falco can take care of them basically as well and keep up much better with fox and sheik

good **** at going on the 7th, i always like to see people get more involved with the community

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
your Falco is much better and you should stick to him :p your falcon isn't bad, but like, i dunno, bigD's right, you will probably regret it if you stay in the tourney scene and want to get better quickly.

also, my previous post was just like Scar posts like it... I just like excuses to say DrewB008, :laugh:, <3 BigD, we haven't played enough friendlies, come to the tourney on the 7th.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
i guess so but like falcon is falcon, id rather be know for being good with him then a bird..but im definitly gonna keep him cuz i just stand a better chance with him at the tourney..
i wanna go like nuts and go to like the finals or something lol

and yea im glad im goin..im finally like old enoguh to go places, my parents would never let go anywhere...but like im almost 17 so i can drive and stuff fianlly..

u gonna be there?

lol i know your goin wes this is to the bigDster

Top Bottom