• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meadow

Smash Apprentice
Happy Birthday, Sir Kibble! And an extravagant moveset is delivered as well! I wish I could've finished my Daisy moveset in time...I've just recently started working on it again, after three (Or six?) weeks of laziness (Don't blame me).

But, congratulations on another great year, in life and in MYM. Let's hope it'll all go uphill from here (But who's to say it's ever been going downhill? With an encouraging and sometimes critical audience, I doubt the community or quality of movesets from MYM will ever go downhill).

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Happy Birthday, Sir Kibble! And an extravagant moveset is delivered as well! I wish I could've finished my Daisy moveset in time...I've just recently started working on it again, after three (Or six?) weeks of laziness (Don't blame me).
I'm really glad you didn't, I wouldn't want to remove any other movesets I've put on my voting list. XD

Meadow

Smash Apprentice
Well, who knows. I just might finish it on Saturday. Although I don't think I'll have that much of an influence.

Congratulations on becoming a Smash Director, by the way. I guess it's time for me to catch up with everything (Again). ^^'

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well, who knows. I just might finish it on Saturday. Although I don't think I'll have that much of an influence.

Congratulations on becoming a Smash Director, by the way. I guess it's time for me to catch up with everything (Again). ^^'
NONONONONONONONONO! PLEASE post it in MYM5. Roll was so awesome already that she'll get a supervote, PLEASE don't post another of those movesets. I can't comprehend so much quality. D:

emergency

Smash Journeyman
Yay, I get to see Meadow! Your Roll set was amazing!

It's nice to meet you, I am emergency. One of the newcomers. *bow*

And Spade said you were dead. :O

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
NONONONONONONONONO! PLEASE post it in MYM5. Roll was so awesome already that she'll get a supervote, PLEASE don't post another of those movesets. I can't comprehend so much quality. D:
I agree completely. Roll was, quite possibly, my favorite moveset in the contest. Seriously. I love it. Love it, love it, LOVE IT. <3

I am super excited for Daisy, though.

EDIT: Wow, I completely forgot about the moveset talk that's been going on! Sorry, I'm just not used to it...

@ Kibble: First of all, happy birthday! *Tosses confetti and hands over a gift basket* Secondly, that set is amazing. Seriously. This is possibly the only MYM character from a game I haven't played that I would desperately want to play as in Smash. The mechanic is a perfect S.P.E.C.I.A.L. one and not overly complicated, the organization is lovely, and it's all very, very unique. I tip my hat to you, good sir.

@ MM9: I agree with K.Rool--it's pushing the envelope too far. It's not really a moveset. 'Course, it was incredibly well-received, but still. It shouldn't be eligible.

emergency

Smash Journeyman
half_silver. If you ever come by and see this post. Could you list the awards for MYM4?

Any ideas for Waddle Doom anyone? I don't want to copy lolwut's Waddle Dee/Doo. (lol. Not for great justice.)

I can come up with some ideas, I just want Doom to be a bit different.

Should he be a Dee, Doo, or what?

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Waddle Doom could be a hyped up form of Waddle Doo...like how waddle dee transform into waddle doo when possesed by the dark matter, waddle doo becomes waddle doom when posseed by dark matter...thus hes got dark matter like attack and attributes....and he can float...and shoot black sludge form his eye....and creat a darkne sword for some specific attacks...Ionno.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
I'm still seeing a Waddle Doo with Doctor Doom attire, weaponry, and magic. Sure, the appearance might not be too dissimilar to Metaknight, but does Metaknight rule his own island dictatorship?

Actually, I don't know, and frankly I wouldn't be all that surprised.

The only other Waddle Doom ideas I could think of involve the Doom Patrol, but someone's already doing Beast Boy, and Waddle DOOM (the FPS series).

I don't know what that entails either. Some kind of Waddle Doo from hell, with rocket launchers and chainsaws?

half_silver28

Smash Ace
half_silver. If you ever come by and see this post. Could you list the awards for MYM4?
Best moveset designer (choose 5)

Best New designer (choose 3)

Best OC designer (choose 1)

Best One-Hit Wonder (choose 3)

Best Kirby series moveset (choose 3)

Best special moveset mechanic (choose 5)

Best Joke Moveset (choose 4)

Funniest Non-Joke Moveset (choose 2)

Most improved designer (choose 3)

Most helpful MYM poster (choose 4)

Funniest MYM poster (choose 2)

Best moveset rater (choose 2)

Best Sandbag (choose 1)

This threads winrar (choose 3)

The 2009 Detail Nazi Award – Most ‘TL,DR’ moveset (choose 1)

The actual nominations will be secret until the 28th ;)

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
First, happy B-day, kibble. Second, that was, without a shadow of a doubt, my favorite moveset of yours and one of my favorites in the whole contest. Quite possibly the headless horseman of MYM4. It stole the superstar helper's super vote. You are the MYMer with the most of my votes so far; SSH and dynablade get a vote while the halberd crew and the advance army gain super votes. Warlord has 3 with dimentio getting a vote as well as the harlberd crew and C+T getting a super vote. I digress. The point is that you sir are an amazing moveset maker and I respect you eternally for it. May you be recognized as the most helpful, most model, most fastest, most versatile, most honorable, and most knightly moveset maker/sandbag/all around person in MYM4 and possily beyond! You can be sure that I will be here still when you return from your summer's leave! ALL HAIL KING KIBBLE!

Junahu

Smash Ace
*insert generic "Advance army == win" comment here*

I like how the Stamina mechanic and Supply mechanic are at complete odds with eachother, and Blockade + Tank sounds fun too.

Without supplies, Advance Army don't have a GTFO move to give them the breathing room they need to get more. And, as stated before, it needs someway of resupplying on moving stages. Although both of these problems could have been avoided if you just had supplyless versions of their moves

In response to all this MM9 talk; I've mentioned several times already that I'm fine with MM9 being disqualified.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
I'm confused. What does Tl;Dr mean?

Advance Army DOES have non-supply moves Juhanu. Neutral A among others.
TL;DR = Too long, didn't read

These's movesets are like Cortex and Tiny, and My Dr. Robotnik set, these sets have a very large amount of words in it, and it might be so big that it puts off people reading it, which all of us shouldn't do! People thought that my Undead Hero and AOSTH Robotnik were big, but it's tiny compared to the might amount of words present in the sets!

Junahu

Smash Ace
I'm confused. What does Tl;Dr mean?

Advance Army DOES have non-supply moves Juhanu. Neutral A among others.
But none of those moves deal any knockback (other than up-aerial, which deals very light knockback)

This leaves the Army genuinely helpless for up to 30 seconds after exhausting their supplies. Because who in their right minds would let an Advance Army player re-supply themselves?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Right-o! :)

I've added some detail to the Down Special, and the old Down Tilt has been replaced with something a little more conducive to spacing.

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
Well, due to Spadefox's attitude towards me, I may as well leave, being that he will be a sandbag next contest, and will do anything and everything possible to make sure that I don't do well in the next contest. Well, it's been fun, but I finally understand that my place is not in MYM. Thank you all for a great time, but it's my time to leave.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Well, due to Spadefox's attitude towards me, I may as well leave, being that he will be a sandbag next contest, and will do anything and everything possible to make sure that I don't do well in the next contest.
At the risk of sounding callous;
If you are accusing Spadefox of being deliberately biased against you, then you probably should leave.
Spadefox reacts to you the way he does because of the way you are, not the way he is.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Well, due to Spadefox's attitude towards me, I may as well leave, being that he will be a sandbag next contest, and will do anything and everything possible to make sure that I don't do well in the next contest. Well, it's been fun, but I finally understand that my place is not in MYM. Thank you all for a great time, but it's my time to leave.

Okay, couple of things.

First of all, Spadefox hasn't been nominated to be a Sandbag because he is spiteful or because he will abuse his power. Insinuating that is an insult not only to him but to all of the current Sandbags.

Second of all, ever wonder why exactly you believe him to have a negative attitude towards you? Ever consider what YOU do that would prompt negative feedback from him?

Third of all, the quality of your posts has improved somewhat since you first got here. Back then it was all "epic win" this and "epic win" that, but now you've achieved a level of articulation that is somewhat higher than the average intrawebz tool.

All of that being said, Spadefox is definitely not going to abuse his power just to screw you over in MYM5, and given enough time you might learn how to not step on his toes every other post. Leave if you want, but if you really like making movesets I'm going to pitch the idea that MYM5 doesn't have to have some sort of ridiculous conflict between you and Spade.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
*doesn't see PPL's post because of having him on his ignore list. Sees quote. Facepalms*

Just one thing:
The only one doing anything and everything to hinder you in any contest you will enter is you and yourself.
I wouldn't care about your presence as I don't see your posts. I wouldn't rate your creations.

I don't care about you and your bickering self. It was your behaviour which made me dislike you. I even was able to iron all arguments out with everyone I met so far - even if I had to make compromises, but you're too stubborn when something doesn't go your way, so you blame me instead of your stupidity to realize that your behaviour isn't appreciated in any way.

There's a reason why most people dislike you or don't specifically like you. I'm not the only one.

You are one of the main factors which make me dislike this thread and community, and I would be feeling far better if you were to stop your idiocy and finally follow the rules and bed yourself into this community rather than *****ing.

I thought it would be impossible to make more detailed movesets than what I did in MYM3. Look at me now. I am - so it seems - one of the most admired personalities in this thread. I changed. I've become an accepted and adored member. I am the one who keeps people swimming against the stream out of the river, as Pelikinesis said, and turn them around or throw them out. But you, you still run against the wall. You don't see that you are, instead of trying to fit into our community, just continue being a douche. You even twisted my words to you around in chat (Lionheart told me what you said about me there), only stating the negative things I said to you instead of also stating the REASON.

You're going around, badmouthing me, just because I don't want to read your postings anymore and because I was too busy writing an article for a page I am dedicated to and didn't pay attention to the chat to unban you. What a great addition to our community you are. Really.

In fact, I feel extremely insulted by your accusations and badmouthing, not because of those themselves, but rather because my efforts to make you to think about your behaviour and change it have failed so horrible. I'm disappointed in myself, and in your intelligence.

Now, what can I say? I hope you never come back.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
*doesn't see PPL's post because of having him on his ignore list. Sees quote. Facepalms*

Just one thing:
The only one doing anything and everything to hinder you in any contest you will enter is you and yourself.
I wouldn't care about your presence as I don't see your posts. I wouldn't rate your creations.

I don't care about you and your bickering self. It was your behaviour which made me dislike you. I even was able to iron all arguments out with everyone I met so far - even if I had to make compromises, but you're too stubborn when something doesn't go your way, so you blame me instead of your stupidity to realize that your behaviour isn't appreciated in any way.

There's a reason why most people dislike you or don't specifically like you. I'm not the only one.

You are one of the main factors which make me dislike this thread and community, and I would be feeling far better if you were to stop your idiocy and finally follow the rules and bed yourself into this community rather than *****ing.

I thought it would be impossible to make more detailed movesets than what I did in MYM3. Look at me now. I am - so it seems - one of the most admired personalities in this thread. I changed. I've become an accepted and adored member. I am the one who keeps people swimming against the stream out of the river, as Pelikinesis said, and turn them around or throw them out. But you, you still run against the wall. You don't see that you are, instead of trying to fit into our community, just continue being a douche. You even twisted my words to you around in chat (Lionheart told me what you said about me there), only stating the negative things I said to you instead of also stating the REASON.

You're going around, badmouthing me, just because I don't want to read your postings anymore and because I was too busy writing an article for a page I am dedicated to and didn't pay attention to the chat to unban you. What a great addition to our community you are. Really.

In fact, I feel extremely insulted by your accusations and badmouthing, not because of those themselves, but rather because my efforts to make you to think about your behaviour and change it have failed so horrible. I'm disappointed in myself, and in your intelligence.

Now, what can I say? I hope you never come back.
I hate to say it, PPL, but Spade has pretty much hit the nail on the head. It's your behavior and not you as a person that irks him.

And you know what? I'm sorry, but if one of you two has to go, better you than Spade. :ohwell:

emergency

Smash Journeyman
Sundance, I refreshed when you told me to check the thread.

LOL. The avatar emits awesome.

And you said it was..Kibbs?

He looks really mature and..stuff.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Aw, I liked Yammonster. But, for the sake of memes, I must take that avy off for now.

R.I.P.

And yeah, Spade was right, PPL13.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Yeah, now we won't be able to tell each other apart! Everyone will have a Kibble avy with a sending Sundance a message location. Soon one of us will become a mod and we'll get the same names!

Yay for MYM communism!

MYMC!

emergency

Smash Journeyman
This is a tribute / meme in honor of one of the best MYM ever. Kibbles!

To remember, to honor, to tribute. We all love you. (or so I believe.)

Fight on! Spread the Love!

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
My last moveset for MYM4 and my probably my last OC for The Lion's Heart series. For this character, I have taken advantage of the opportunity to completely rebuff the story for the better. SonicBoom is making a picture of this OC but he is not able to have it by the deadline.

Michael, The Arch-Angel

As no better option is currently available, I will do what I have always done for OC's, atleast until something does become available. This is not a picture of Michael, but merely a picture of a character from Fire Emblem who looks similar. Differences are explained.

Michael's hair is a pure white color, matching the wings and the robes.
All four of the Seraphim have four wings.
Michael wields a very long sword that could easily compete with Sephiroth's in length. Its width is the same as a normal double-edged sword. The hilt is gold and the blade is white steel. In reality, this sword is made of heavenly material that changes shape based on the wielder's thought (as long as that wielder is of heaven.)
Michael wears shoulder plates, helmet, metal gloves, and grieves, which are made of white steel.

Story:
Michael, the arch angel, is one of the 4 Seraphim, the highest order of angels in Heaven. These four angels high consist of: Michael, angel of air and light and the field commander of Heaven's armies (nicknamed the "Heaven Angel"), Gabriel, the angel of earth sent to Mary, Vulcan, the angel of fire, and Poseidon, angel of water. The latter two of these angels were thrown out of Heaven ,along with Lucifer, when they posed as gods for the Greeks and Romans.
In the year 2994 AD, Vulcan rose and smote the holy Valian nation, creating a brutal civil war between those loyal to Prince Chris Lionheart and those who served the demon. This war raged until 3015 AD, when Chris defeated Vulcan in single combat, sending the demon lord back to Hell.
The year is now 3035 AD and omens signal Vulcan's return. The planets are moving to a point where they will align for a single hour. If Vulcan's sword, Megiddo, which holds half of his shattered soul, is brought into Hell during this time, Vulcan will escape with a vengeance. Should this happen, the world, starting with Valios, will be smote and ruled by the demon of fire. Vulcan sees himself as being the most powerful life form in the universe. Due to this arrogant belief, he will try to make himself into the world's new ruler and deity.
Poseidon, the brother of Vulcan, is aiding in his rising. He lives among the Valians and has been manipulating them towards another civil war, one which will bring his brother's sword into his grasp.
Michael has been sent by God to stop this catastrophe. Many years still remain till the day of Armaggedon. Michael, posing as a soldier and guard of Prince Sam Lionheart, the young son of Chris and the general of the loyalist Valian army, will serve as the guiding hand of the pious in this war.

To Unlock:
Play 777 vs. Matches.
Or
Beat classic mode as Pit.
Or
Have him join your party in the SSE.
*In all options but the last, you must defeat him.

Universe:
The Lion's Heart 2 (Original Character)-
Though technically, Michael is a real biblical character, this version of him exists only in my OC world.

Universe Symbol:
A golden male lion head (with mane) roaring over a white cross background.

Wii-Mote Sound:
Michael says "Prepare for judgement."

Play Style:
Michael is very unique in that he has no "ground attacks" persay. He relies on "aerials" alone. His attacks are quite varied in stats and nature and often require button imputs to reach maximum effectiveness, making Michael a difficult character to master.

Michael doesn't combo well, his best comboes likely being the simple, but potentially devastating F-Tilt (first hit)->UpSmash. At the right damage percentage this can help insure a sweetspot for the UpSmash. But it is also fairly predictable.

In return for your perserverance, however, you will be greatly rewarded with a character who is not only amazing at recovering, but also at mindgames and flexibility.

You actually can perform RAR Side Tilt/Side Smash making these moves far more unique than before. Keep in mind however that they hit the side opposite of a typical RAR. With your side tilt, this can be changed simply by using the 2nd hit ability, which can prove to be advantageous. This technique certainly helps Michael's mindgame potential.

Outfits:
Though in the OC universe, Michael appears both disguised as a human and as an angel, in Smash, Michael only has one outfit.
Colors-
White (default)
Black
Gold
Red
Blue
Green
Pink
Brown
*Color effects everything but his skin.

Unique Mechanics:
Michael has fewer moves than most characters. Rather than traditional "ground" or "air" based moves, Michael's are always something inbetween. They are usable at any elevation, but come in both tilt and smash forms (giving him a total of 3 smashes, 3 tilts, a neutral attack, and a dash attack, for a total of 8 A attacks.)
Michael is always flying, meaning that he has no jumps. His flight is like a constantly active Pit Up B. While this sounds broken, Michael is also the lightest character in the game (and will thus be KO'd fairly quickly unless played by a very skilled player.) In addition, Michael cannot stay to high in the air for long, as the higher the elevation, the faster his falling speed. At a height of 2 average jumps above the main stage platform, Michael will fall gradually, increasing to a quick fall speed when he gets close to the top of the stage. This is to prevent infinite stalling.
It is also worth noting that Michael has no sidestep or roll, but rather has a super air dodge.

Stats:
Size- Tall
About the height of Marth.

Weight- Very Light
The lightest character in the game

"Walking" Speed- Fairly slow
Its a bit leasurely, but it isn't that bad.

"Dashing" Speed- Fast
Just behind Metaknight.

Attack Speed- Fairly Fast
Not the fastest attacker, but faster than the average.

Attack Reach- Great
Comparable to Marth's sword on weapon attacks.

Attack Power- Fairly Low To Average
Not the strongest character, but he can kill.

Priority- Good
Not the highest, but still good.

Hitstun- Low to Medium
Michael has few attacks with considerable hitstun.

First Jump- N/A
Michael flies.

Second Jump- N/A
Michael flies

Falling Speed- Increases with height.
The higher Michael flies, the faster he falls. This is to keep him from infinitely stalling the match by staying out of reach.

Recovery- Perfect
(Since technically he can always recover, atleast until knockback is great enough to knock him out of the stage.)

Final Smash- Great
(It's ****ing judgement!)

Traction- Unaffected by traction
Being a flying unit, the ground means little to him.

Dodges- Great
Can't touch this.

Crouch- None

Crawl- None

Wall Jump- None

Wall Cling- None

Glide- Yes
Kind of useless though amirite?

Basic Animations:
Basic Pose- Flies in place. Holds Requiem in one hand.
Idle Pose- While still flying, sits "Indian-Style" in midair and stays in that position until no longer idle.
"Walking"- Flies forward at a rather brisk pace.
"Running"- Flies forward quite quickly, a bit like Metaknight. Strangely, Requiem actually floats during this.
Jumps- N/A
Shield- A shield of pure light appears around Michael. It grows less bright as it weakens. This only works as a "neutral L" button.
Aerial Dodge- Michael flies in the direction pressed quickly, dodging a move. This can be used to get space a good distance (the same as Mewtwo roll) in any direction.

Miscellanious Animations:
Dizzy- Closes his eyes and places his hand on his head as if he as a headache (looks kind of like a facepalm.)
Sleeping- Lays down and falls asleep, still floating in air.
Weapon Carry Animation- Holds the weapon just like he holds Requiem.
Homerun Animation- Points the bat at the foe and then swings it horizontally.

Specials:
Neutral B- Requiem for a Foe
Michael throws his sword, Requiem, three bodylengths in the direction he is facing and uses his mastery of wind to control it. You can now control the flying sword with the c-stick or with motion controls. Whatever function you set to the C-stick or motion control is cancelled out when this special is in effect. Now I know what you're thinking... Michael could just fly to any elevation he wants and use the sword to fight his battles, right? Wrong. Michael's sword cannot go further than half of Final Destination away from him. If anyone comes into contact with Requiem's blade, they take 7% damage and decent knockback. In addition to this, you can perform some special moves with Requiem in this mode.
A-> Slash
A basic and quick downwards slash. Has low lag on both ends. Great reach. Great priority. Low hitstun. Deals 5% (slashing; specials direct; weapon) damage and good knockback.
Double Tap C-Stick/Swing Wii-Mote-> Impale
The sword dashes 2 bodylengths in the direction you used, auto-stopping if it reaches the 1/2 FD maximum from Michael. Low lag on both ends. Sports a considerable duration. Superb horizontal reach. Great priority. Low hitstun. Deals 8% (piercing; specials direct; weapon) damage and great knockback.
Spin C-Stick 360 Degrees/Perform a circular motion with Wii-Mote-> Blade Cyclone
Requiem spins 360 degrees, hitting in all directions around it. Keep spinning the C-Stick to keep it up. No real lag. Duration is variable based on how long you spin the C-Stick. Great reach all around. Great priority. Low hitstun. Deals 2% (slashing; specials direct; weapon) damage and very low knockback with every hit. Can potentially infinite combo, but DI can be used to easily escape, even against walls.
*While this move is in effect, all sword related moves are disabled.
*Press Neutral B again to make Requiem return to you.
*Requiem takes no knockback (or damage). If you make it leave the stage, a new one will spawn in Michael's hand. If Michael is KO'd, he will respawn with Requiem.

Side B- Twisters
Michael flaps his four great wings and a tornado appears in front of him. This has average lag on both ends. It travels across the stage horizontally at a slow speed until it reaches the edge and/or 10 seconds have passed causing it to dissipate.. If used in the air, the tornado travels horizontally until it leaves the stage or until 10 seconds have passed. Foes struck by the tornado will take great upwards knockback at percentages below 100% and high upwards knockack at percentages above 100% but no damage but not refreshing their recoveries, similar to the FLUDD. Not the best gimping move, persay, but it can help with aerial comboing and vertical KO's.

Up B- Swoop
Michael swoops downwards 5 stage builder blocks and then veers diagonally upwards at a great speed until you release B. If this move is used foolishly, you could SD at the bottom of the stage, or perhaps even at the top of the stage. Michael has Super Armor frames during the downwards descent. Low beginning lag but considerable ending lag. This moves uses include dodging attacks, or nullifying knockback from them, and as a boon to Michael's air game. This move has a 5 second recharge.

Down B- Melody of a Requiem
Requiem becomes a harp and Michael starts playing it. This move has average lag on both ends.You are now vulnerable to damage, but have Super Armor, and required to play the melody as it appears on the screen. Notes appear above the harp in the form of randomized C-Stick directions, or if you are using the Wii-Mote, motion controls. Does this remind you of anything? Thats right... the Ocarina of Time. Each "song" consists of 7 (the number of completion) notes. You can hit the note at any time you wish, stringing together a melody as fast as possible, or perhaps mindgaming the foe on that last note or two. When you complete the song, opponents within 5 stage builder blocks circumference of Michael take 17% (light; specials indirect) damage and are put to sleep for 3 seconds. This effect goes through shields, but not sidesteps, rolls, and airdodges. In addition to this, each note you successfully play heals you for 1% health. You have 10 seconds to play the song and you must have successively played atleast 5 of the 7 notes or the end effect doesn't happen and the word "FAIL" appears above your head and the crowd boos at you. So, ready to play Harp Hero?

A Attacks:
Neutral A- Aura of Light
Michael enters the classic DBZ Super Saiyan pose. HE'S OVER 9000!!! He stays in this pose until you move. Press A again to release a burst of gold light that looks kind of like the Super Saiyan aura. You can use this repeatedly while in the pose for a potential "infinite" combo that is easy to DI out of. The pose has low lag on both ends and the bursts of light each have average lag on both ends. The reach of the attack is poor, as foe's have to be quite close to him to get hit. Each burst sports great priority, great hitstun, 5% (light) damage and low knockback.

Dash Attack- Spear of Light
Michael becomes surrounded in a white aura and Requiem becomes a spear. Michael will then become a controllable "drill" ,reminiscient of Metaknight's Drill Rush except more maneuverable, for 3 seconds. This move has fairly high lag on both ends. Great reach in the direction in front of Michael. High priority. Abysmal hitstun. Opponents struck by the spear take great knockback. To deal damage, you must hit A at the right time. When you do this, the foe takes 10% (weapon; piercing; light) damage. This moves uses include recovery gimping and utiliting priority for defensive purposes.

Side Tilt- Angelic Slash
Michael switches his sword to being held underhanded and slashes upwards in front of him (the animation also creates a white half crescent shape), dealing 6% damage and good upwards knockback. This has average beginning lag and low ending lag. Great reach. Average priority. Low hitstun. The real suprise to this move is the hidden strike. Press towards the direction behind Michael quickly after finishing the upwards slash and Michael will go directly from that slash to a backhanded stab in the direction behind him (this animation also creates a white wave, extending the hitbox a bit). The backwards stab has low lag on both ends, great reach, great priority, low hitstun, and deals 7% (weapon; slashing) damage and high horizontal knockback in the direction behind Michael. This attack's uses include aerial comboing, mindgames, and, of course, hitting on both sides.

Up Tilt- Halo Rend
Michael lifts Requiem over his head with one hand and starts slashing in a circle (with the blade pointed upwards.) A gold ring resembling an angel's halo is left in the path of the sword. Keep pressing A to keep this up like an "infinite combo". It doesn't work exactly like an infinite A, however, as it deals 7% (weapon; slashing; light) damage and good horizontal knockback. Great reach above Michael. Great priority. No hitstun. Medium beginning lag and medium ending lag after you stop performing the move.

Down Tilt- Angel Feathers
Michael starts flapping his wings for an infinite duration. To end this, simply press the control stick in any direction. Each flap releases 3 white feathers that fall downwards very slowly, dealing 1% damage and flinching if they hit an enemy. Each flap has average lag on both ends. Naturally, the direction of this move is variable, being an "infinite reach" projectile. No hitstun at all. This move will have an additional average ending lag when you end it.

Side Smash- Holy Slash
A very flashy attack, indeed. Michael turns around towards the direction opposite of the original direction he was facing. He then lifts Requiem over his head and the sword shines a bit, spins the sword over his head once (the sword is horizontal), and slashes downwards while turning back towards his original direction (all of this is down while wielding the sword with one hand and the sword stops going downwards when it reaches a height up to Michael's shoulder, giving him an outstretched arm as it ends). This only hits in the direction Michael was originally facing. The move is a bit faster than it sounds, but it still has fairly high to high beginning lag and medium ending lag. This attack is highly predictable, but sports high priority, some hitstun, and great reach. This deals 12...17% damage and high knockback.

Up Smash- Heaven's Slicer/Tenretsujin
Michael holds his sword above his head and points it in the direction in front of him. He will then fly about 3 stage builder blocks upwards, slicing as he goes. This works similarly to the Dolphin Slash, but its sweetspot is at the end of the move, rather than the beginning. Unsweetspotted, the move deals a sad 4...7% damage and low knockback. Sweetspotted, this does a nice 10...15% damage and great vertical knockback. This move has fairly low beginning lag and considerable ending lag. Great reach. Average priority. Low hitstun.

Down Smash- Tornado
Michael spins around, swinging Requiem 360 degrees. This whips up a strong cutting wind, dealing 6...11% (wind; weapon; slashing) and great knockback to enemies struck by it. Great reach on both sides of Michael. Great priority. Abysmal hitstun. Medium beginning lag. The real strength is in its additional effect. Hold A and Michael will keep spinning, descending as he goes. As you do this, not only will you keep dishing out the hurt to enemies unlucky enough to be struck by your wrath, but the damage increases by 1% (2% on a full charge) and the reach increases by 10% for every stage builder block's distance you descend. For example, fully charge this move and descend 10 stage builder blocks, and the last hit of this move will deal 31 damage and have a reach of about 5 stage builder blocks on each side of Michael. This sounds like a multi-hit attack, but keep in mind that its knockback usually prevents multi-hits at even lower percentages. This attack auto-ends when you hit the ground (the one time when Michael touches the ground) and perform your final hit (if you were mid-attack when you hit the ground, then that is your last hit). You suffer high ending lag when you end this attack.

Z-Button:
Grab- Millenia Bind
"and Satan was bound 1000 years"
Requiem becomes a long metal chain. Michael starts spinning it over his head like a lasso giving a great horizontal reach on both sides that deals 2% and flinching should it hit someone. Release the Z-Button to cast out the chain (a tether grab). There is huge ending lag (nearly 2 seconds) on this if you should miss. The great thing about this move is, as the name suggests, it is a very long-lasting grab, binding the foe for several seconds. During this time you can beat them up with your attacks (all moves involving Requiem are locked), or take the opportunity to press the Z-Button again to grab the bound foe and throw them off the stage (though they can break free just like with Yoshi's Egg, albeit it takes a good bit longer). Due to Michael's nature, this can be used at any elevation.

Grab Attack- None
Due to the strength of Michael's grab, no grab attack is available. If you press the Grab Attack input, the foe will simply be released from the chain and take 5% damage.

Forward Throw- Chain of Retribution
Michael grabs part of the chain with which the foe is bound and pulls it, unbinding them. The chain glows brightly and he lashes the foe with it. Deals 8% (light; weapon; throws) damage and good horizontal knockback in the direction Michael is facing.

Back Throw- Arrow of Lightning
Michael's first action mirror's the forward throw, he grabs the chain, this time casting the foe in the direction behind him as he pulls it, unbinding them. Requiem becomes a great bow. An arrow made of lightning forms. Press any button to fire it (you have as much time as you want). This deals 12% and high knockback in the direction it is fired (you can aim it). The catch... the foe has the ability to defend themselves now and you are completely vulnerable while using this move. The arrow moves very fast and travels the distance of Final Destination. The ending lag of the attack is nearly a second.

Up Throw- "A Whole New World" (of pain)
Michael grabs the chain and flies in the air, with the foe still trapped in it. For 3 seconds, you can fly around freely while dragging the foe with a long chain, damaging other foes who run into it for 5% and good knockback. Release Z to drop the foe and meteor (not spike) them downwards. Michael does this by pulling the chain up and letting the foe drop. No damage is dealt to the foe.

Down Throw- Executioner
Michael throws the chained foe to the ground and unbinds them, keeping his foot on them. Requiem becomes a halberd. Michael swings it down. This deals 12% and no knockback.

*None of these grabs/throws can chain (but the grab is a literal chain lol).

Final Smash:
Divine Wind-
Michael flies to the middle of the screen and faces the players. He lifts his arms into the air gathering a great storm in his hands. He lowers his arms to each side and the wind releases in the form of very large blades. Your left blade now becomes controllable with the control stick and the right blade with the C-stick. Moving the sticks causes that windblade to turn slowly in that direction (clockwise or counterclockwise). Oddly enough, the 2 storms cannot pass each other, other wise you will... BREAK WIND. It is quite possible to trap enemies between the two blades. An opponent struck by the wind will take no damage, but very high knockback, not enough to OHKO... but it doesn't require that much damage (probably about 30% on a light character) and hey... it doesn't refresh recoveries. The blades each have a reach of Final Destination.

Taunts:
Judge your foe with Michael's taunts.
Up Taunt- Thumbs Up
Michael gives a thumbs up and says "You are worthy."
Side Taunt- Eh
Michael points his thumb sideways and says "Meh."
Down Taunt- Thumbs Down
Michael gives a thumbs down and says "You have been judged unworthy."

Lose Pose:
Michael claps for his foe, congratulating the foe after their victory speech by saying "The divine light guided you."

Victory Poses:
Up- Sign of Peace
Michael throws out a dove carrying an olive branch and says "May peace be yours."
Side- Bringing a Sword
Michael throws down Requiem saying "I came to bring a sword... and here it is!"
Down- Judgement
Requiem becomes a great trumpet and Michael blows it, signaling the end times.

Pros:
Very flexible character.
Infinite recovery.
Great range and good power, not lacking any viable killing moves.
Can deal damage fairly well.
Possesses a projectile.
Decent Final Smash.
Flexible and long-lasting tether grab.
Good throws.
Great potential for mindgames.
Great air game (of course lol).

Cons:
Large target.
Lightest character in the game.
Not good at comboing.
Grab is very punishable if it misses.
Projectiles are limited.
High learning curve.

Extras:

Crowd Cheer:
Heaven itself cheers for Michael with the blowing of trumpets.

Kirby Hat:
Kirby gets a halo and Michael's four wings as well as a mini-Requiem. Kirby is fully capable of using all of the abilities of Michael's neutral special and he will not make a noise when using it.

Codec Conversation:
Snake: I think this guy missed Halloween.
Octacon: Thats not a trick-or-treater, Snake. Thats the arch-angel Michael himself.
S: How can I beat someone like him?
O: I'm not sure if you can. Just do your best and hope he judges you worthly.
S: What happens if I'm judged unworthly.
O: *hangs up*
S: Octacon? Octacon? OCTACOOOOONNN!!!

Stages:
Castle Lionheart-
Castle Lionheart is the home of the Valian Royal Family. In this stage, you fight in the courtyard. Unfortunately for everyone in the match, a battle is going on at the moment.
Stage Layout- A basic flat layout. With walk off-edges.
Stage Effects:
Stage Effect 1-
Rebel soldiers enter the battlefield. They are hard to defeat and consists of several types:
Sword Soldier- Specializes in quick, weak attacks.
Spear/Halberd Soldier- Specializes in well balanced, far reaching attacks.
Axe/Mace Soldier- Specializes in powerful, slow attacks.
Bow Soldier- Specializes in projectiles.
Stage Effect 2-
A catapult is fired, launching a boulder into the battlefield. 20% damage and high knockback
Stage Effect 3-
A volley of arrows is fired on the stage, producing an effect equal to the volley game in the Wario Ware stage. Before this happens, you hear a commander scream... "ARCHERS... GET READY...VOLLEY!"

Hell-
After being defeated by Chris Lionheart, Ashencroft was sent back to hell. You do not want to fight him on his home turf.
Stage Layout- A basic layout, perfectly tourney legal. More specifically, the layout is a mostly flat surface with several stalagmite/stalagtite (whichever one comes out of the floor) platforms. In the background you can see a lake of fire and many demons flying around.
Stage Effects- None

Music:
Requiem For A Dream
Indestructible- Disturbed
Stricken- Disturbed
Did My Time- Korn
Falling Away From Me- Korn
Breaking The Habit- Linkin Park
In The End- Linkin Park
Bodies- Drowning Pool
Through The Fire And The Flames- Dragonforce

Items:
Valian Trumpet- Calls in 3 soldiers. They aren't hard to defeat.
Dagger- A fast weak melee weapon. Does great damage when thrown.
Torch- A burning torch. Lights opponents on fire, dealing extra damage on contact.
Valian Spear- A flag attached to a spear. Makes you fall more slowly and provides long reaching attacks.
Halberd- An axe with a long reaching attack. It has a sourspot and a sweetspot.

Assist Trophies:
Band Of Legacy- One of the lesser members of The Band Of Legacy appears and joins the frey.
Lucas-
Lucas enters the fight saying "You need my help already?" *facepalms* "Oh, all right."
Lucas fights aggressively with a broad sword, using a moveset just like Sam's. His artificial intelligence is very good and he is invinceable, so don't count on getting rid of him.
After 20 seconds he says "All right... I'm leaving. Try not to call for my help to soon."
He then leaves the match.
Siegmund-
Siegmund enters the fight and says "Looks like you could use my help."
He then fights using a moveset nearly identical to Ike's (with the Up Special replaced by a more Marthlike move). He is invinceable and has good AI, so don't count on phazing him. He leaves after 20 seconds.
Before leaving he says "Don't be afraid to ask for my help again."
Dan-
Dan enters the fight saying "Looks like its business as usual..."
He fights using a moveset nearly identical to Pit (without the ability to control his arrows and no annoying HY-YAYAYAYA sound on the side B). He is invinceable and has good AI. He leaves after 20 seconds.
Before leaving he says "Sorry. This fight is getting to boring for me."
Connor-
Connor enters the fight and says "Here goes nothing...."
He then charges off the stage, failing to do anything useful.
General Garrett appears and says "Hah! Connor sucks."
General Garrett then joins the fight using a moveset that focuses heavily on stabs, utilizing the weapon's long reach and balanced stats. He is invinceable and has good AI, but leaves after 20 seconds.
Before leaving, General Garrett says "I must be going. I have another battle to attend."
Adam-
Adam enters the fight saying "Lets get this over with."
Adam uses a lance based moveset consisting of both stabs and weapon swings that utilize the weapons long reach and good power, but relatively slow speed. He is invinceable and has good AI, but leaves after 20 seconds.
Before leaving his says "Well that was easy."

Trophies:
Michael- This member of The Band Of Legacy is shrouded in mystery. He pretty much appeared out of nowhere, quickly becoming recognized as one of the most powerful knights in the nation. He wields a very long sword with expert grace. Though almost nothing is known about him, he is trustworthy and noble, easily one of the Band's most reliable members. In truth, he is the arch-angel Michael, sent from Heaven to thrwart Vulcan's plan of burning the world. Michael is the master of air and light and has thus been nicknamed "Heaven Angel".

Sam Lionheart- The son of Chris Lionheart, king of Valios. At the young age of 18, Sam Lionheart is a young, inexperienced commander with great potential. Though he is arrogant at times and often really laid-back, he is a self-less hero at heart. Sam's elite group is known as the Band of Legacy. He has been known to play the saxophone.

Kelsey- A 16-year-old girl with a fiery personality. Orphaned when she was an infant, she was left at the doorstep of the Royal Knight's Academy, where she has been raised since. With the help of the headmasters, she has become a skilled fencer, specializing in rapier combat. She is often a bit rude to Sam, criticizing him as being a pampered prince (and it really doesn't help that he has hit on her multiple times). Despite this, she is willing to help because she loves her country.

Siegmund- A skilled broadsword wielding knight. He is the oldest member of the Band of Legacy (by human knowledge) by far and was appointed by Chris to be Sam's superior officer. Calm, composed, and talented.

Lucas- A long sword wielding knight of great talent. He is very rude towards Sam, who he considers to be an inferior. Despite being very lazy, he can come in handy at times on the battlefield, but he is far from reliable.

Dan- The group comedian or sorts, Dan wields a bow and is quite an expert shot. When he runs out of arrows, Dan attacks with two short blades. He plays a trumpet.

Adam- A member of the Band of Legacy, Adam is an accomplished wielder of lances and other polearms. Adam's personality doesn't really take any extremes, making the most adequate description of his personality "normal."

Connor- The trainee member of the Band of Legacy. He wields a spear, but not very well. The only reason why he was even invited was because Sam got a good laugh out of watching his failure. His lack of ability has lead General Garrett to coin the phrase "Conner sucks."

Chris Lionheart- 20 years ago, he was the Prince of Valios who fought in the great Valian civil war, which has now become known as the Demon's War. It was his blade that slew the demon, Vulcan. Time has made him weaker, though he still possesses strength greater than that of the average human. He is the father of Sam.

Ryann Trueshot- The mother of Sam Lionheart. In her younger years, she was reknowned as the best archer in the land. She has been a close friend of Chris ever since the beginning of The Demons War, and hasn't left his side since. They were married shortly after that war ended.

Arden Marten- Chris's cousin and Sam's uncle. Arden has been promoted to commander of the capital city guard and has remained a very competent spearman. Similarities between the halberd and the spear have allowed Sam to take some lessons from Arden. Arden is infamous for being a womaniser, though he has really just been searching for the right woman.

Travis- One of Chris's best friends. This talented halberd wielding knight has been promoted to the ranks of general. He has tought Sam how to become an expert at halberd combat. He is very intelligent, but if you call him a nerd, he will kick your ***.

John- One of Chris's friends. This mace knight has been promoted to the ranks of a general. Personality wise, he is rather normal, but he lacks a since of humor.

Gawain- Unlike most of Chris's friends, Gawain is rather shy. Despite this, he is talented with a longsword and has become a respected general.

Garrett- True to his name, which means "strong with a spear", this snide and arrogant friend of Chris does indeed wield a spear. He is known as the relentless Valian general, because he is a bit more aggressive than the other great Valian generals. Somehow no matter how rude he is to others, they usually like him back.

Catlin- This friend of Chris believes that speed is greater than power, and his quick axe style reflects it. Despite his status as a general, he is often teased for his horrible looking mullet. His personality can best be described as eccentric.

Vulcan- Chris defeated this demon 20 years ago in single combat, sending the demon back to hell. To Chris, and every other human on earth for that matter, Vulcan's motives are largely unknown. Vulcan is Hell's answer to Michael, the arch-angel (making Vulcan the arch-demon). Vulcan believed that he was truely the most powerful of demons and went to earth to enslave all of its inhabitants, causing Armaggedon early. With his new sword, the huge blade of Hell, Megiddo, and a complete dominance over the element of fire, this demon will rule all humanity at any cost.

Poiseidon- The brother of Vulcan and the former arch-angel (now demon) of water and ice. His powers are roughly that of Vulcan's. Poiseidon seeks to return his brother to power and together overthrow their master, the Devil himself. When they are done with the world, they would turn their sights towards heaven in their revenge. Poiseidon wields a trident with the middle blade being very similar to a sword.

The Angel of Death- The infamous leader of the "Burning Hand," a rebel group that has been brainwashed into thinking that Chris Lionheart is nothing but the pawn of Vulcan. Little is known about this man, but he is greatly feared by many. He appears on battle wielding a scythe and black robes which make him look like Death himself. The sight of him usually creates death, as he will destroy most opponents within seconds. He is a force to be reckoned with, as many soldiers have learned the hard way. In truth, he is the pawn of Poiseidon, demon of water, and brother of Vulcan.

Stickers:
Sam Lionheart- Weapon +30
Kelsey- Weapon +20
Chris Lionheart- Slashing +30
Ryann Trueshot- Projectiles +30
Ashencroft- Fire +50
The Angel of Death- Darkness +30
Lucas- Weapon & Slashing +30, Sleep Duration +50%
Connor- You automatically suck.
Siegmund- Knockback +30%
Adam- Spear +20
Dan- Projectiles +20
Michael- Light/Energy +50
Garrett- Double damage on stabbing/piercing attacks and specials (including arrows).
Catlin- Movement speed doubles.
Gawain- Sword +30
John- Blunt +30
Travis- Adds tipper bonus.
Arden- Spear +30

Event Matches:
Possibly to be added.

Boss:
To be added.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Pretty great, Chris! Definitely one of my favorites of yours, if only for his quirky air-based playstyle!! :bee:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
^This.

This moveset deserves some regognition over this stupid Kibble fad. While it's not satisfactory to me in terms of balance in particular, it's still a very unique moveset with his air mechanic. I can say this is my favorite of yours confidently. This tops Ashencroft quite nicely.

Good Job!

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
I didn't say I'd never come back, just fade in when no-one's here and post my thoughts on movesets. If there's no set, I won't post anything.​

Although I find this set blasphemous due to my religion, I feel that this set was very well executed. I know that the picture is not of the real St. Michael, it just seems against catholicism, well, from my point of view. Don't go posting flames at me if you're catholic as well, I was just stating my opinion...Nice set, Lionheart. What I like most of this set is the "all-aerials" mechanic. Very creative. And as MW said, better than Ashencroft.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Let's PLEASE not turn this into a religion war. I don't even think about religion in MYM, and that's how it should be, seriously.

Chris I love the set. The aerial move mechanic is excellent, and the moves are all kewl. Neutral B is my favorite, I love the use of the Wiimote which is something that would work perfectly in Brawl, in my opinion.

It's like a small revolution in MYM'ing.

At exactly what time will the contest end again?

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
I actually have the same question as Akiak. What time does voting end tommorrow? And when should we submit our Votes for Movesets/MYM Award?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom