• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 15: The worst TO ever! PC Approved - April 18 and 19 - Framingham, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update update

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Look at how popular I am.

Convo:

Boxman and Dazwa: Are you hotdogturtle?
Me: Yeah.
Boxman and Dazwa: *simultaneous yell of excitement*

This actually happened.

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
Start rant:

1) Why should we bring setups? What incentive is there? NONE. I brought down a tv, wii, extension cord, homebrew channel, SD card. Why? Because I was at BWNY a couple weeks ago and I thought there was gonna be a venue fee that would've been waived by bringing a setup. Venue+entry there = 10 bucks. Entry here = 10 bucks. While I understand that variances are gonna happen, considering how many people there were there, the inconvenience that I went through to bring the huge *** tv down there, and that you decided that running Melee/Brawl/Birthday Party events at the same time was a good idea, it all makes me think that you owe us MUCH MORE THAN A THANK YOU.

2) And that leads into this one: Where the **** do you get off thinking that three events PLUS general shopping/game rentals is gonna go off well? Who was the smart guy who decided to put all these events in the same timeslot at that proportionately small venue? I don't care if your SSF4 event had 28 people; that game is still very new. Plus ... how many people were at MM13? add a degree of variance due to expectance in people's skill level getting to the point where they feel that they are tournament ready, and the knowledge that plenty of people form NY were coming [I don't know if there was a relative amount of people from NY at MM13 and if there were just as many then discard this minipoint.] and CHAIRS! My GOD why do players have to sit on the ground or stand while playing? Even though this was only my second huge tournament [I've been to plenty of really small ones but that's beside the point] you should have the experience and longevity as a store to either a) have extra chairs in a room somewhere or b) have the ability to rent chairs. I've run events for non-smash things and have had to rent chairs; it's not hard. just do it. Because

3) I left that venue feeling unappreciated, sore, bored and I didn't have fun except for when I was talking to some of the cool fellow smashers and while I was playing. Standing around, mostly infront of my tv wondering why the **** a tv 1/4 the size right next to it is emitting 4x the music with nowhere to go because I had to wait for matches to be called was, to be blunt, sucky.

4) Final two points: Next time, set up a friendlies area. While I understand you needed to disqualify/warn people given the circumstances, next time you do this you won't have as many players like me leaving the way I did.

5) I'm not gonna knock you for advertising your event in August. That said, don't waste my time by telling me nothing. That easily could've been said while the matches were going on [like the soda samples]. Saying

"[uhh hey guys come to our super awesome event thats gonna happen sometime in August I think aannd we're gonna call it a convention and it's gonna be our first one ever and the best people from all over are gonna be there and post on the boards so the bank can give us money so that we can give more than 1,000 dollars out and we hope to get more most likely idk but yeah tell everyone please]"

when we could be playing might oh idk move things along a little faster. Even if it's just 2 brawl stocks worth of talking, that's about 1/3 to 1/5 a round closer to getting to Melee singles, which is what I know you wanted SOO bad because every other round you were telling us how crappy a game [that we are playing] brawl is.

TL;DR:

Improve: [do this better]
1. reward for bringing setups
2. Chairs
3. event coordination
4. atmosphere
5. PR

and you'll have not only a successful event but a spectacular event.

Oh and to anyone who played on Brawl TV 7 and saved a replay, I'll have the files on rapidshare eventually. I'll post that later. Or PM me.

OSM out!

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I'm helping run melee singles right now lolol

update on events currently finished:

Brawl Singles
1: Dazwa ($266.40)
2: Omegablackmage ($237.60)
3: Darc ($216.00)
4: Nuro ($0.00)
5: Buuman
5: P.C. Chris
7: Kevin
7: Eric Geller
9: Fatal
9: Green Ace
9: JJ Wolf
9: Fuzzy
13: Xfro
13: Kownt
13: JL
13: Blood Cross
17: Chowy
17: Gravy 0085
17: fires on playgrounds
17: alukard
17: JoeST
17: Soma
17: Pwngepolice
17: Nick Stamatis
25: Peach kid
25: Hayato
25: dj nintendo
25: Captain Awesome
25: Solid Jake
25: Mini
25: reno
25: Electro Blade
33: Radiation
33: If the watchman movie sucks, im going to be the angriest blackman you'll ever see.
33: Aqua
33: Boar
33: Boxman
33: Haggs
33: Sean
33: King J
33: war
33: Etherlight
33: Major Gamer 14
33: feather
33: honkey mcgoo
33: Roy
33: aids
33: eve
49: Atticus
49: Oak
49: Parlock
49: Almo
49: Games and Goodies
49: Jester
49: Ryan Man
49: Danny
49: Dream Sythe
49: Copacetic
49: Chewman
49: Phil
49: scar
49: Wow owned
49: Ningar
49: Megaman 087
65: Rainy
65: Ben
65: William
65: Crimson
65: Beef
65: Lance Vance
65: S.B. Soldier
65: Zstrike
65: Chris
65: LT
65: Cogsmooch
65: Alex
65: KC 24
65: Nicholas
65: Kaizo
65: Doug
65: Rogue
65: KN
65: Breeman
65: MPG
65: Carlos
65: Ryan S
65: Michael
65: BeaST
65: Beebop
65: Humpy Thrashabout
65: Elegost
65: Thunderpup
65: junei
65: Slash
65: Riot
97: Mike Santos
97: battletoads loves muffins
97: waffle
97: OSM
97: Ice
97: Patric
97: Mr. Escalator
97: Arno
97: takc
97: Hotdogturtle
97: Andrew
97: Justin

Melee Doubles
1: Here's comes a brand new flavor in your ear (pc + cort) ($136.40)
2: Rush Hour 4 (KDJ + Marcus) ($74.40)
3: Ethiopian Iguanas (DJ Nintendo + Cactuar) ($24.80)
4: Have you met Scar? (Scar + Wife ****NN) ($0.00)
5: Inui + Atomsk (Darc + Dazwa)
5: Fudgepacker Joe (RaynEx + Euphoria)
7: Razz (Reno + Hazzard)
7: Darcs hair is wrong (G$ + Alukard)
9: Kits too goot (Eve + Hayato)
9: PINK FLUFFY BUNNIES (The Mana Lord + SOLAR)
9: too manly for brawl (elen + trees)
9: fleshwang (banks + thorn)
13: Russian Rainbow (Roman + Kyu Puff)
13: Snowfall (Snow + Fall)
13: That's what she said (Pine + Purple Cobra)
13: Megatron willl kill anybody for no reason (trademark + mike$)
17: Phony Baloney Mustache From The Phony Baloney Mustache Emporium (Aoi + Lord Beard)
17: Paradox (Skler + Variola)
17: At least one of us has a clue (KevinM + HaileyM)
17: Happy Feet (Ricky + MJ)
17: I lost to someone called Schminkledorf
17: Hylian Shield (Carlos + RIEL)
17: Taxes (401k + WT)
17: Hey Darc Korean pops sucks (Feather + waffu)
25: I don't even know (S.B.Soldier + Ninjr)
25: Joe Criminals (Sprucetengoo + gornekk)
25: chuck norris (mike + kris)
25: Buffalo Bill
25: Teammandog
25: The Jonas Brothers (Cogsmooch + Questor)
25: green monster (Marcus son + friend)

And the currently unfinished Melee Singles...1: ($220.00)
2: ($120.00)
3: ($60.00)
4:
5:
5:
7: Banks
7: Cactuar
9: Pine
9: euphoria
9: AOI
9: Scar
13: kwan
13: DJ Nintendo
13: kevin M
13: kyu puffffff
17: assman
17: Ogami Itto
17: Mana Lord
17: sai
17: 401k
17: mike money
17: MelvinK
17: SOLOAR
25: yedi
25: Trees
25: Pixel
25: roman
25: xander
25: zenmaster
25: Trademark
25: spife the pony of death
33: irish mafia
33: lamp
33: HaileyM
33: adhdfoy
33: parlnock
33: CHEWMAN
33: don
33: H&R BLOCKED
33: Purple Cobra
33: n2
33: fax
33: arc
33: Ogami Daigoro
33: proverbs
33: s.b.soldier
33: Flow
49: pepi
49: pof
49: i.h.o.p. ness
49: njl
49: Feryx
49: Riel
49: Ccab
49: almo

PC Chris vs Darc in winners finals right now, and we're into the later half of the losers bracket.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I'm helping run melee singles right now lolol
PC Chris vs Darc in winners finals right now, and we're into the later half of the losers bracket.
Lol PC got first in melee doubles and got 5th in brawl singles. Omg lol.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Meh, i could have done alittle better...if i had a bit more warm up time and crap.

ill post shout outs alittle later when the shout out thread gets put up

Rainy

Smash Apprentice
I played worse as each of my 3 bracket matches went on. I know what I need to work on before my next tourney, atleast.

I'll post shoutouts when im not on a PSP >_>

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
i don't think you could have done much better on my marth, albeit three stocking me
lol, that was after a very quick warm up. if i didnt, then it probably would have ended differently... ah oh well, i had fun at least ^_^

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Raynex is fighting KDJ in losers semi-finals, winner plays against Darc in the losers finals, winner of that plays against PC Chris in grand finals

idea

Smash Master
you know what's scary too? last tournament in canada raynex went to, he came 4th. good luck if you have to play montreal, everyone O_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom