• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Draw With Your Power!! Currently going through a transition. HINT FOR WEEK 12!!

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
My votes:

Hand-drawn: IC3R
Digital: Matt4300 (The one with the bad word)
Most Creative: ook
Overall: Matt4300

Again, great work everyone. ^^

And for next week can we really try titling our works?

Zylar

Smash Ace
quick Meno, Which Of Matt's Pics Are You Voting 4???

Okay ppl, voting time is offically up. No more accepted votes.

Hand Drawn :

11 - IC3R
3 - Moozle

Digital :

4 - Ange
3 - Matt4300's Jeet Kune Do Masta Fox
3 - Mit
2 - Flying Dutchman
1 - Bitter Romantic
1 - Matt4300's Bad Word Fox

Most Creative :

9 - BitterRomantic
2 - Ange
1 - Flying Dutchman
1 - Moozle
1 - Ook

Best Overall :

6 - Ange
3 - Matt4300's Jeet Kune Do Masta Fox
2 - Flying Dutchman
1 - Bitter Romantc
1 - Matt4300's Bad Word Fox
1 - Mit

In summary :

Hand_Drawn - IC3R
Digital - Ange
Most Creative - BitterRomantic
Best Overall - Ange

:034:

Smash Hero
I.... Can't.... Looooooose!

So, Meta Knight huh? I'll see what I can come up with. x: Nobody steal my idea!

Ange

Smash Lord
Yey I won Digital and Overall! :D

And congrats to IC3R and BitRom!

And I just noticed the Smash Workshop got moved into GBD as a sub-forum.

matt4300

Smash Ace
Phew... I finished this as quick as i could with what little time i have today... just trying something new with the coloring...

EDIT: digital....

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
That... is awesome. :psycho:

Though the red and font choice are a little, eh.

Ange

Smash Lord
lol Ange

And yes! I win again! >:D

I have something really good in mind for Meta Knight...
WHAT I just got on this morning. >:c

I think Ill photoshop something for Meta Knight OR maybe enter a hand-drawn, youll see.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Just curious but, why no collabs? O.o I mean, if both people agree to share the credit for it, I don't see anything wrong (it's not like this is any kind of big serious contest for prizes and whatnot...)
That would be unfair to the artists who don't have access to a partner.

This contest is already dominated by 4 or 5 people, anyways. I was seriously considering banning some of you guys for a round, lol.

Bitter Romantic

Smash Journeyman
Southern California [Anaheim/Fullerton, San Diego]
lost internet for a while, looks like I've missed a bit of stuff :O
congrats to Ange and IC3R :D

http://princess-peach.net/Voice clips/SSBM-oh did i win.wav
always o.o
;D

Matt4300: well, isn't that just an intimidating piece to start the week off with? XP
I really like it :3
though, agreed with meno on the font :/
the red's fine
doesn't add anything to it [aside background], but doesn't really detract either
like the red velvet feel it gives to it, though not the design itself
:3
think I like your black and white outline a bit better, though :O

Zook: ban? XD
are the artists too 'broken'? XD
sorry, this just reminds me of the 'ban 'x' uber, too broken' arguments :3

but yeah, no ideas for MK :/
except my dislike for him o.o
which would only end up in inappropriate pictures I couldn't upload
bleargh XP

matt4300

Smash Ace
ok wow whats wrong with the font? I still have the PS file if you guys would like to suggest a different font please do.... give me the name and I will use it. Im not changeing the red though I like it.

I hope im not one of the so called broken dudes. (I'm not broken Im just "too good") I think the word cheap is banned on this forum. Gotta love beating around the bush.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Nice Matt, read this please!

Wow Matt, excellent. I love the shading, and I love the creativity / idea. I don't know if you were going for a Marth as MK, but either way, it looks great. Forget changing the font, as for this competition, I hardly see why changing it is necessary. Few people update their work on this thread, they'll leave you with something and that's it. Why should you have to waste time making a change that many others wouldn't bother with?

If I were to change the font, I wouldn't specify a specific font. When it comes to fonts, fonts are completely fine (doesn't have to be hand written), I just scroll through all of my fonts until I get to a few that I think look the best. So, it's up to you.

Your art style, in general, is far different than my own. I mean, for example, did you look at a picture of Marth, draw him, than make the MK changes as you went? So, I'd imagine you had reference images of both Marth and MK with which to make your image. If this is the case, this is how I would draw what you drew. I'm not the kind of artist who would whip something like this up from my thoughts only, I'd definately need reference images.

To that end, as of lately, my greater interest is super realism. I've improved more since that model I was drawing for Zelda btw. No, I didn't finish the image. The problem with me is, that I take TOO much time. But, I'm working on that. The reason I stopped working on the "Zelda" painting was because I met the girl of my dreams... As a special gift to her, I've decided to do a painting of her. The painting has taken me little time actually (about 10-12 hours), it's coming along far more quickly than the "Zelda" image. With that said, it is now my latest, best work. Generally, I feel that my latest piece is a reflection of my best work. :D

BTW, Matt, I have some questions, that perhaps you could answer. I have a slew of digital paintings, but have never sold any, nor have I printed and framed any. It's kinda sad actually, I should print some of them. My paintings are drawn at high resolutions, generally 300dpi, and the canvases vary in size, but are generally around 3,000 by 4000 pixels. If I were to print a painting, what should I do? What file type would offer the best printing results? I'd like to go for the sharpest image possible. Also, where should I be looking to print something like this? Is something like Walgreens photo printing enough? Or should I find a printshop of sorts.

Anyway, I'd like to show you a piece I've been working on for my girlfriend, which, is actually a painting of my girlfriend. I'm not done just yet. I'm more than likely going to crop it and make it more of a portrait painting. In the end, which, could be later today or tomorrow, I plan on making it look like a professional photograph, with those fancy backdrops. Like a senior photo or something.

Anyway, what do you think of the painting, and, think I should change anything?

Edit:
I removed the image link as it was off-topic :D

matt4300

Smash Ace
XD the people im house sitting for have internet!!! So I can still coment from here.. but cant draw...
^o^ thanks orca! (no marth had nothing to do with this pic lol I didnt copy anything but the stance from a cosplayer. I made up everything as i went. It just so happend that marth has blue hair and a sword and cape.) MK has a blue body therefore human mk has blue hair and clothes. I REALY did nothing concerning marth at all... MK hair is also gelled back.

I don't really have a style at this point... I'm messing around with a bunch of stuff until I get into college this september. If ya noticed none of the picsi have done have folowed the same style... I think I posted this awhile back... like on th MK I have never colored like that before with the lines and all just trying something new....

Your pic looks awsome ^_^ I dont usually work at such high resolutions because well... my computer can barely handle 1024x768 or whatever the wide screen size is. On th issue of selling digital paintings... I personally never have. I have however sold a few oil paintings and scuptures. I think people like something that they can touch and feel.
I dont do much serious art on my pc and most of the stuff i do for this contest is for fun and done fairly quick... BUT I would love to get our msn and do a serious realism pic with ya. I have only done a few hyper realistic pics on my pc. most are done in oil... but if i could get your msn we could do some OC or something ^_^ as for changes to your pic... well I would have done some things different, but **** me your not me, and Im not you. Plus it looks awsome as is. One helpfull tip that helps with realism is to give the skin some texture in the mid tones, but hey she might have very small pores.. see what im getting at... lol i dont have a pic of her to know what could have been done differnt.

hate to tell ya but I have never printed out any digital stuff either... nor do i know how/where to get a good print... sorry in fact I delete most of my digital stuff to save pc space T_T ( i really need a new cpu)

Expect to see some of my realism when zss rolls around.

pm me your msn....

Dan_X

Smash Lord
XD the people im house sitting for have internet!!! So I can still coment from here.. but cant draw...
^o^ thanks orca! (no marth had nothing to do with this pic lol I didnt copy anything but the stance from a cosplayer. I made up everything as i went. It just so happend that marth has blue hair and a sword and cape.)

I don't really have a style at this point... I'm messing around with a bunch of stuff until I get into college this september. If ya noticed none of the picsi have done have folowed the same style... I think I posted this awhile back... like on th MK I have never colored like that before with the lines and all just trying something new....

Your pic looks awsome ^_^ I dont usually work at such high resolutions because well... my computer can barely handle 1024x768 or whatever the wide screen size is. On th issue of selling digital paintings... I personally never have. I have however sold a few oil paintings and scuptures. I think people like something that they can touch and feel.
I dont do much serious art on my pc and most of the stuff i do for this contest is for fun and done fairly quick... BUT I would love to get our msn and do a serious realism pic with ya. I have only done a few hyper realistic pics on my pc. most are done in oil... but if i could get your msn we could do some OC or something ^_^ as for changes to your pic... well I would have done some things different, but **** me your not me, and Im not you. Plus it looks awsome as is. One helpfull tip that helps with realism is to give the skin some texture in the mid tones, but hey she might have very small pores.. see what im getting at... lol i dont have a pic of her to know what could have been done differnt.

hate to tell ya but I have never printed out any digital stuff either... nor do i know how/where to get a good print... sorry in fact I delete most of my digital stuff to save pc space T_T ( i really need a new cpu)

Expect to see some of my realism when zss rolls around.

pm me your msn....
I actually don't even have MSN, I have aim. My SN is delkin525. Yeah, these does most all of my art work is digital. Outside of digital, I love colored pencils (not crayola), and my wonderful art pencils (you know, HB, Hs, and Bs).

It's funny, I truly hate the notion of painting. I mean, anything I've done with actually paint has actually been pretty decent, however, I personally hate working with paint. I feel so much more free with digital paint. I don't have to worry about the paint drying too fast, about mixing it with chemicals so that it doesn't try too fast, etc. I love digital painting.

As for printing, I guess I'll just have to experiment. I'll head to walgreens and do some test prints (I work there... so I could probably get them free). If I don't like how they turn out, I could always get it printed else where. Eventually, I'm going to start selling my paintings, with that said, I need to make a website in time.

BTW, Matt, what program do you paint in? I use Photoshop CS4, and Corel Painter X. I generally stick with Photoshop, but Corel Painter has some really great brushes. The painting of my girlfriend for example was done in Adobe PS CS4.

Oh yeah-- I originally planned on going all out with realism for ZSS too. To be honest, it probably won't happen. Unless I do it early, which I've thought about, I likely won't have the time. Classes are insane this semester, but I have the top grades in my class, so that's good. I've got to keep my whits about me, and continue studying hardcore like I have been. I happen to be on my spring break vacation at the moment. So, perhaps I'll have time to whip up something. Either way, I'm looking forward to your entry. :D

As for your style, I noticed that your style differs from painting to painting. This is how many of my paintings / and drawings are as well. It's sort of an experimental kind of thing... Basically, in all of the different styles that comprise my later works, I've basically landed on this realism thing that really makes me proud of my work. It's the greatest satisfaction in the world when someone can look at a picture and identify who it is. Better yet, it's awesome when someone insist that you didn't draw said image, that it's a photograph. In my eyes, if someone can mistake my painting for an actual photograph I'm doing something right. :D I love art!

matt4300

Smash Ace
Uhhh im using a CS3 (its not ilegal, who told you it was @_@' what have you heard T_T) and i cant upgrade for reasons i rather not say... But its really kinda lame when i draw a line i have to wait a split second for it to appear... (agin i really need a new cpu) and I cant use some of the features or they freeze my pc. I love corels brushes aswell there awsome...

we are getting pretty off topic though...

Dan_X

Smash Lord
uhhh im using a CS3 (its not ilegal, who told you it was @_@' what have you heard T_T) and i cant upgrade for reasons i rather not say... But its really kinda lame when i draw a line i have to wait a split second for it to appear... (agin i really need a new cpu) and I cant use some of the features or they freeze my pc. I love corels brushes aswell there awsome...
Yeah, sometimes, when my computer has been doing too much, or has been on for too long, I experience painting lag as you've experienced. That is the worst thing ever. I refuse to paint under said conditions. Thankfully, when I restart my computer it's better.

I have 2 gigs of RAM, a Geforce 8600 Graphics Card, 160gig hard drive and an external 300gig hard drive. I use an Intuos wacom tablet. I got my programs through sketchy means as well. If not, I got them through my mother who gets them from her work as she's a graphic artist. So, my computer can definately handle digital painting nicely. I was thinking about getting a laptop for school, it'd be great. I'd end up spending about $800 though, as I want one with a good enough specs for digital painting and the occasional game.

edit: oh well. Oops for getting off topic... This is an art thread after all, I see nothing wrong with speaking of art. :p

Dan_X

Smash Lord
@ Painting: It's great, but why post it here?

@ Spade, I know you're reading, and thanks. Thanks a whole lot.
Because I had a question for Matt, and any else who digitally paints on this thread. I have no one to ask in real life, I've never taken lessons... My mother, though a digital artist, doesn't do the kind of art I do, so I can't ask her. She generally uses Illustrator too.

EDIT: k, done being off-topic.

:034:

Smash Hero
This week is pretty dead so far... For a good reason too, there's just not much you can do with the Knight. I might make SOMETHING for the 'Other' section, but don't count on it.

matt4300

Smash Ace
Not much??? Man i could freakin make so much crap with MK ... I mean hes so bad ***... If I had my tablet here I would be all over this...

neous

Smash Journeyman
A doodle i drew in my calc class.
Made with a pilot P-500 [extra fine:] pen on college ruled nb paper.
Scanned. Resized in paint.
But not otherwise edited.

Legretta the Quick

Smash Cadet
Legretta ish back :'3
Sorry it's been a while everyone. My comp was seriously crashed. It's all better now. Actually more than better. New scanner + upgrade on gigs (210 GB to 298 GB).
I'm excited to be back

Dragonoise

Smash Apprentice
A doodle i drew in my calc class.
Oh! Now this is awesome! This is the kind of stuff I like the most. Nice work, neous.

Alright so, I'm not really hyped about doing Meta Knight in particular. So I made this quick, lighthearted entry:

Digital; Title: "Faces of Evil"

I don't know why I made it, honestly...It was weird...

neous

Smash Journeyman
hey thanks for the positive comments guys. and yes! its a hydra jaw! RrrrAHHHHHEOuh (hydra sound)

oh, and i like your entry, Dragonoise!

A disgusting mass of flesh and bone, demonic spirit, and technology known as “Meta” [knight].
The ghosts of slain stocks hover above him, forever instilled in agony and fright.
Heavily influenced by: The Zerg [Overmind], Zerg ULTRAlisk and Frown

Hand drawn

with pencil, pen, Sharpie on computer paper. Resized in Paint.
Sadly, it was so big i had to resize it, i think it lost some of it's charm.
I recommend viewing it in your browser zoomed out.

Upon witnessing the "enemy bio weapon":
Falco: Andross "Meta" [Knight] is an insane (indavidual.) fool!

Ange

Smash Lord
I think I just... wavedashed off the stage.

That is amazing, neous! You like drawing graffiti I suppose? :D

Dragonoise

Smash Apprentice
A disgusting mass of flesh and bone, demonic spirit, and technology known as “Meta” [knight].
The ghosts of slain stocks hover above him, forever instilled in agony and fright.
Ajajajaja! Look at that behemoth! It's absolutely tops! The description alone makes it totally epic.

Also, it eated Boozer! XD

OMNOMNOMNOMNOM!

Top Bottom