• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

demodemo

Smash Ace
a quick question

has there been any successful falcons who don't wavedash? waveland ok, but just like, don't wavedash? and if possible, are there videos?

I'm just curious because i have been playing and wavedashing feels really awkward to me on falcon, and it doesnt help that my R gets stuck periodically.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
jiano barely wavedashes, but he wavelands a lot

i suggest that you be able to do it though, its much easier technically than things youll be trying to do later on and there are situations where it helps you out

soap

Smash Hero
a quick question

has there been any successful falcons who don't wavedash? waveland ok, but just like, don't wavedash? and if possible, are there videos?

I'm just curious because i have been playing and wavedashing feels really awkward to me on falcon, and it doesnt help that my R gets stuck periodically.
try L

wavedashing is good with falcon if u **** up your dashdance and want to reset

Hax

Smash Champion
rofl drew that was a joke. falcon actually doesn't have any good matchups :laugh: i'm just mean on the boards lol

wavedashing/landing is necessary at high levels of play btw; anyone who disagrees needs to ****ing money match me

papermarkis

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say they're all bad. Just a lot of them are either even or slightly in the other characters favor. Except Shiek and Falco. They put it up Falcon's butt indefinitely. I considered Fox pretty even before Darkrain Vs Cactuar. I think Cactuar's style just ***** the Falcon main mentality of being really aggressive and flashy. I also think he may have the advantage against Ganondorf. Ganondorf really only has an edgeguarding advantage in that match-up. Unless Kage has something to say about that?

Hax

Smash Champion
falcon beats shannondorf and goes 55-45 vs other falcons. those are his only good matchups

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
yea, CF vs. M2 is especially bad. Falcon only has like, Any Throw or Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial combos, but due to M2's insane spacing, speed, and small body, it's pretty much impossible to ever land a grab or aerial.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
yea, CF vs. M2 is especially bad. Falcon only has like, Any Throw or Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial -> Any Aerial combos, but due to M2's insane spacing, speed, and small body, it's pretty much impossible to ever land a grab or aerial.
I know you're trying to be funny, but M2 has so many combos against fast fallers it's not a joke.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ganon/Falcon?

Well Ganon can easily edgeguard a falcon, and also I do have good combos on falcon as well. For example at 30% I can do downair, grab in the air, downthrow or upthrow, jab, no tech, fair lol. And I can DI down Falcon's nair to avoid the 2nd hit, or DI away to avoid combos. Also I have to DI towards falcon at 60+ % to avoid upthrow, knee. I would rather get hit by the back air and DI away after.

Pretty much examples that I know to avoid falcon stuff but Falcon has running speed over me so if I don't space correctly for if I get baited like a noob then I can get *****... relatively the same the other way around. If I guess correctly then get ready to feel pain lol.

So I'll say just because falcon has the speed that falcon has the advantage. Falcon also has easy edgeguard against Ganon.

(Notice how I said "I" for myself, I am Ganon lol)

demodemo

Smash Ace
Thanks for the response guys, I do waveland, like onto the stage and stuff (with L), but for some reason wavedashing with L feels really unnatural. i'll practice it..

kage, i'm just curious, i do uthrow > uthrow at 0 on my friends ganon frequently, and i'm wondering if that is a 100% unDIable combo?

also, are there any viable followups to a dthrow? I find that uthrow works better in every situation, usually leading to nairs edit: talking about cf vs ganon here btw

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
na son, BigD's a scrub. Scar just talks to him on AIM about questions in here and the two of them give scrubby answers. That DrewB008 guy is the truth though, he knows what he's talking about. I dunno why I've never seen his name in tournies :p. /sarcasm

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer

Scar

#HarveyDent
JonaDiaper, Mogwai, and DrewB008:

Please refrain from spamming this thread or infractions will be given out. Thank you so much and please continue enjoying Smashboards while following the rules and Terms of Use.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
JonaDiaper, Mogwai, and DrewB008:

Please refrain from spamming this thread or infractions will be given out. Thank you so much and please continue enjoying Smashboards while following the rules and Terms of Use.
ewwww i see you in that suit you wore and like being all serious and then walking away lololol

anyways falcon won a major tourney.. cool stuff

Top Bottom