• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
Oh...see, Condag? Your reporting me is almost getting MYM4 Locked.

On Topic: Tanookie, could you please make me a couple of buttons?

If there are any conditions for me to prove my worth of buttons, please tell me here.

@Kris: Tanookie or Spade might help. PM them. No, Xat is not affiliated with SWF, just with MYM.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
one tanookie just wanted to say that Peter Pan was really good
Thank you! I enjoyed making him. :)

On Topic: Tanookie, could you please make me a couple of buttons?
I don't think Condag reported anyone. But yeah, I'll make you a few buttons. I need a render or at least a picture that can be rendered. PM them to me.

Meadow

Smash Apprentice
Seeing as all of this slightly dying drama is here, I guess I should apologize for my behavior as well :

I'm sorry to anyone and everyone that feels a bit offended by my words; some (Or maybe most) of my posts make me seem a bit of an...elitist, I guess you could say. I know that this may not be worth apologizing for, but I just wanted to say that I'm sorry if I sounded a bit stuck-up to anyone, and/or if I may do so again in the future. And I'm not sure if this has to do with anything, but I'm also sorry if I make any grammatical/punctuational/spelling errors with some of my posts, as English isn't my first language. I also just want to warn everyone that . . . I'm quite gullible at some times, can't socialize with others well and can't sense sarcasm very well. I have a very dry sense of humor. Sorry if that's irrelevant, but I just wanted to get that out.

On a happier note, the votes are being tallied and finalized today, if I'm correct? It seems that the time we've all been waiting for has finally arrived...!~

And welcome to MYM, Condog. Judging from your posts, it sounds like you'll do great in MYM. While I don't know much about MYM myself, I think I'm safe to say that the community is overall helpful and kind, although some of us can be a bit...for lack of a better word, a hard critic.

Solrock/Lunatone are coming about nicely...I still need to start them, but other than that, everything about them is very in-depth and detailed. Hopefully I won't miss three-fourths of the contest like this time, because I really want to vote next time. There are just too many excellent movesets this time around, some of them very unrecognized with all of the talent put into them.

As for the small break between MYM4 and MYM5, what's everyone else going to be during the time then? Working on your planned movesets? Chat with others? Leave MYM momentarily and study for any tests/finals/exams/whatever? Or just sit down, relax, and brew yourself a cup of marigold tea? I know what I'll be doing...all of them!~

Oh, and get ready to save up for Daylight Savings (Sorry, that was bad), it's Daylight Savings day today (Or at least it is where I am), so remember to change your clock!~

Tornadith

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance _______________ on __________ Day,
If you mean me, Larxene, Vexen, and Saix.

And there are?

Ok, It's MY fault. I'm an idiot. Happy?

And, No, you post Boss sets in your SSE's. Joke sets are ok.
@Tornadith: I don't get the question. You wanna post an MYM5 moveset here?

@PPL: Who's Saix? >_>
*is misunderstood*

@PPL: I'm not necessarily doing this for an SSE. I'm just making a Boss Moveset cause I feel like it.

@SonicBoom Boss Movesets don't count as movesets, so I was wondering if I could post it now, but now I realize that this is not going to be done in this timespan and it will get more recognition if it is in MYM5.

Kris121

Smash Journeyman
At sonic Boom
For Me Marluxia, Light Yagami, Mapler from Maplestory(this one is gonna be a washington Monument of text), Neku, and when i think of more I'll PM you

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
AS THIS MAY BE THE LAST PAGE OF MYM4...

NOTICE ABOUT MYM4 RESULTS

The results to MYM4 will be posted at THE STADIUM, that's the easiest place to find them so I recommend to the Sandbags that they post them there. I'll pass on the message to the Sandbags that they should be posted there.

This last post is also dedicated to our Sandbag in charge, Sir Kibble.

emergency

Smash Journeyman
Good job, Marf on taking the leadership to represent possible endings.

I hope Make Your Move dosen't fall apart...

edit: I am just covering up a spill.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
No, your posts are what almost got this locked. you're like that idiot in high school who beats people up with baseball bats, then when someone tells a teacher they blame the kid who told for why no one can pay with sports equipment. It's your fault for what you do, no one elses. That siad, the results for this have been done, so closed for now. For the next one I'll be keeping a much sharper eye on.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh god, to freaking clarify because people can't read....

Peach did NOT get this closed. I explained why he ALMOST did.

this thread WAS closed because voting is finished and results are up.

Might I also suggest since this pretty much at the end became a social thread, make a social group?

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
\-- THE MYM 4 TOP 50 -//

1) Chef Kawasaki (KingK.Rool)

2) The Joker (MasterWarlord)

3) Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright (SirKibble)

4) Advance Army (SirKibble)
5) Dimentio (MasterWarlord)
6) Halberd Crew (K. Rool, MasterWarlord, SirKibble)
7) Mach Rider (Chief Mendez)
8) Black Doom (Hyper_Ridley)
9) Super Star Helpers (SirKibble)
10) Jonathan and Charlotte (Spadefox)

11) Cortex and Tiny (MasterWarlord)
12) Kefka (Spadefox)
13) Deoxys (Chief Mendez)
14) Gemini Man (SirKibble)
15) Cortez (Hyper_Ridley, goldwyvern)
16) Simirror (Agidius)
17) Pleinair (Emergency)
18) Fang the Sniper (Hyper_Ridley)
19) Wheelie (Hyper_Ridley)
20) Capsule J2 (MasterWarlord)

21) Jafar (KingK.Rool)
22) Peter Pan (Tanookie)
23) Roll (Meadow)
24) The Sandbags (Chris Lionheart)
25) Shanoa (MarthTrinity)
26) Aeon (Spadefox)
27) Undead Hero (dancingfrogman)
28) Snorlax (KingK.Rool)
29) Viola (Junahu)
30) AOSTH Robotnik (dancingfrogman)

31) Kid Goku (TheSundanceKid)
32) Wiz (Kholdstare)
33) Guntz (Spadefox)
34) Electrode (KingK.Rool)
35) Daroach (Hyper_Ridley)
36) Death (Hyper_Ridley)
37) Pokey (The Trophy Master)
38) Anonymous (Kholdstare)
39) Hyper_Ridley (Hyper_Ridley)
40) Uchiha Sasuke (TWILTHERO)

41) Electroplankton (Akiak)
42) Frog (SirKibble)
43) Ken (BKupa666)
44) Charley's Ghost (cheap_josh)
45) Wispa (Junahu)
46) Mega Man (Chief Mendez)
47) Hades (BKupa666)
48) Midna (half_silver28)
49) Lyon (Spadefox)
50) Skyler Ocon (SkylerOcon)

This list agreed on and confirmed by all five Sandbags: Chris Lionheart, SirKibble, Chief Mendez, MasterWarlord, and I, KingK.Rool. Choosing our Picks was torture, and many great movesets were unfortunately cut out. Congratulations to those who placed and those who didn't as well, and thanks for participating!

Kris121

Smash Journeyman
YAY!! I am working on my movesets now!
For number 5

Post 100 in MYM an honor!

Also Joker getting second not expecting that!! and Cortiny was woah! 11
Finnally i vote that either chris , master, or k rool host 5 Kibble needs a break.

Are you ready for 10 incredible Moveset creations!!! ( although it would probably be 14 i have a 5 in 1)

YAY SANDBAGS!!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
This has been reopened for results to be posted and for people to grab any movesets posted they want salvaged. This will be closed again in 48 hours.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Thank you very much for your kindness and understanding, Mic. I hope we can prevent a situation similar like what we had now in the near future when MYM5 comes around.

IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING IN HERE YOU WANT TO RECOVER, PLEASE DO IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, THE THREAD WILL NOT STAY OPEN FOREVER!

Smady

Smash Master
Well, well, well, it's open again.

Congratulations to everyone who placed, obviously, especially the guys who improved from last time [Kibble and Spadefox mainly, I think]. There are a few movesets which I'm not sure on, though, such as Wispa and Electroplankton - Wispa was funny, but I can't take it seriously and Electroplankton wasn't to my taste at all. Kawasaki was obviously going to win from the moment it was posted and everyone started benedicting it, then it was a game of, "find MW / Kibble's best moveset"... I'm a hypocrite, as I super voted for both Joker and S&B. S&B would have won if it was all down to myself.

Depressingly, Yamazaki can't be on there, and it is really quite a disappointment considering how much I like that moveset. I don't think many gave it a chance, but hey, I guess I'm biased, right? I didn't really have much of a chance with the one moveset, maybe if I'm here from the beginning of the new MYM, I will stand a better chance of placing, but I don't really care anymore after hearing about the sandbag process. Quality wins in the end - thanks to communism! Hurray!

As I said in the social group, here's to a bigger and better MYM5.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I still say that the final list is pretty iffy. It's all said and done now, but...

I dunno, I disagree with it in many areas (and no I'm not just upset because Skyler barely made the cut)

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
Congratulations to all who won! Chef Kawasaki was a shoe-in, The Joker was definitely going to place 2nd or third, and Mr. Shine and Mr. Bright was an obvious Top 5. I only hope to achieve Top 50 in MYM5. Again, Congratulations to all the winners!

@ Smady: I totally agree. S&B would definitely have been #1 on my list too.

Although the Kirby series was very over-represented,IMO, all of the Kirby series sets were great(excluding lolwut's--I think the guy was serious about him thinking that his sets were good).

Anyway, TO MYM5!!! *drinks glass of champagne*

half_silver28

Smash Ace
why'd you have the text get so much smaller as the list counted down? It almost made me miss the fact the Warlord lied not; Midna did get in the top 50! :bee: ~ thanks to everyone who voted for Midna!!!

anyhow, I do have a few concerns about this list. It may just be personal opinion, but I don't think that sets in which comedy is the main appeal should place (specifically, Wispa & Anonymous, maybe AOSTH robotnik too). Other than that, there were a few sets making it in that I disagree with, but I'll keep that to myself. Congrats to everyone who placed!

although I will say that the lack of Shadow Beast, Maria Renard & Three days grace makes me a sad Silver Strike, & the lack of Twilthero in general. :(

half_silver28

Smash Ace
He placed in 40th with Sasuke.

For my stances on the list, especially the Top 10, check the social group, as I've commented there.
yeah I know, but I just thought he got rather underrated this time around. I'll check what you said in the group.

edit ~ I checked, & I agree w/ everything that you're saying. I'll respond properly in the group.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
The list isn't without its flaws, I know.... but know that we made every effort to provide a good list.

Keep in mind that the entire system of Kicks, Picks, and Shifts made its debut in MYM5, so inexperience could have had some effect on these flaws.

As has been previously stated, making picks was so difficult... so many deserved it. Just because your moveset didn't place, or as Ocon said "barely made the cut" that doesn't necessarily mean that you weren't deserving.

Congratulations to everyone who placed, and to those that didn't... don't feel bad. This contest must have hundreds of movesets, most of them very high quality. Everyone put in a good effort and made this contest a real success. Next time is sure to be even better.

Thanks for making Make Your Move so awesome.

~Chris Lionheart

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I am fairly surprised that Ken and Hades beat out Iago & Zazu, but I am pleased nonetheless.

Great job everyone.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Ahhhhh....the top 50.

I think that the list has some good choices, but it's far from perfect IMO. And i'm glad that Sasuke made the top 50. I just wish he could have been a bit higher lol.

Congrats to the other winners.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
although I will say that the lack of Shadow Beast, Maria Renard & Three days grace makes me a sad Silver Strike, & the lack of Twilthero in general.
Seconded. Then again, no one really knows who Maria Renard is (which I suggest you all remedy immediately by picking up a copy of CV:DXC), so I guess it was to be expected. I'm more disappointed my favorite set didn't make it in, although I really am glad Peter Pan made it (he was my second favorite, hahaha).

Sure, the obvious bias may be...well, obvious, but at least the movesets that did get in certainly deserved it. It's just that there were so many others that should have been up there as well.

Congrats to all who made it and I'm looking forward to MYM5!!!

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
Note to self: Make better movesets.

In all seriousness though, I have to agree that every set that made it into Top 50 earned those spots. I haven't been around for any of the earlier MYMs, but I do think that it could have gone either way for many movesets in the Top 50, and that's probably what happened in the end.

It's been fun. See you all (hopefully) in MYM5, whenever the heck that is.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Almost forgot to also post the SM results:

/-/ STORY MODE RESULTS /-/

1) "Playing God" by Hyper_Ridley

2) "The 13th Hour" by Spadefox

3) "Armageddon" by Chris Lionheart

I realize these pale in comparison to the hype surrounding the Top 50, but there they are, for those who care.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
You bet I care! :bee:

Thanks to everyone who voted for me. I am still working it, even if it needs to be completed in MYM5, I will finish Playing God!

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
You bet I care! :bee:

Thanks to everyone who voted for me. I am still working it, even if it needs to be completed in MYM5, I will finish Playing God!
Then you'll take your suitcase and retiring from SM making.

I'm pretty much happy with the results for the Top 50, some were shoe-ins, some were higher/lower than I expected, and some were an eyebrow raiser.

Undead being 26th was nice (I'D DEMAND HIGHERZ!!!) , I'm going further higher the list, I predict my next top placement will be 17... I have the feeling some reason!

kitsuneko345

Smash Ace
*sending Sundance lots of apple pies on Pi Day, as
Even though I'm not in the top 50, I completely understand this due to not much in contribution from me. Even though I might not agree with some of the placings, it is fair overall. I will try harder to make my movesets more enjoyable through Ema Skye and Gligar in MYM 5. Thank you all for the results.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Note to self: Make better movesets.

In all seriousness though, I have to agree that every set that made it into Top 50 earned those spots. I haven't been around for any of the earlier MYMs, but I do think that it could have gone either way for many movesets in the Top 50, and that's probably what happened in the end.

It's been fun. See you all (hopefully) in MYM5, whenever the heck that is.
:psycho: ~ I completely didn't see that SOS brigade didn't make the top 50. I REALLY wanted them to make it in, as evidenced by the fact that I supervoted them. Of course, that could just be haruhi bias.... :ohwell:

maybe I just have anime bias in general... it's already likely that I'll vote for whichever flame haze you make a set for. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom