• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mafia Milkyway Sleepover - Serial Killer wins (with a Gold Metal for Mafia)

Handorin

Smash Hero
Why does everybody believe that it is only Nintendo characters? I was under the impression that it was just cute female video game characters.
Well, Im assuming this because of the flavor text and the name of the game.

But again, it is just flavor.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Figured I should pop in while I have some time, and say a name claim seems risky this early. It may be helpful later in the game, but right now it does put a risk that, as has been mentioned before, some names may be obvious power roles and we may lose an important part of our town by outting the character names.

Now, if we were to decide to do this I would have no problem doing so, but I feel the risks of nameclaiming d1 outweigh the benefits.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
That is true, but D1 usually doesn't have a lot to go on, and a nameclaim offers us possible(not guaranteed) benefits with also possible(just as likely) downfalls. Like I said, it's not a terrible idea, I just feel the risks are just as likely and dangerous as the rewards. I think we should see if we can get anything to go on based on conversation before we risk outting possible prs

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
It revealed useful information in Nowhere Mafia without names conflicting. One of the mafia members claimed a character who was bad in the show. If someone names an obvious bad guy relating to this theme, well then that's something to work with. I'm not going to name specific characters to look out for and neither should anyone else. Mafia doesn't need info to work with.
I'm against a nameclaim at this point in the game. While it's true that there are any number of series from which Rockin could have pulled their respective main characters, there are certain characters that are more important/famous outside of their individual games and in the broader Nintendo universe.

For example, if this game follows the usual SWF mafia pattern, the trinity of Zelda, Peach and Samus are likely to have very powerful roles (I don't feel like I need to keep quiet about this because the mafia will easily figure it out on their own, and I'm using this as an example in a point I consider valuable). Now, if we do have a nameclaim, players with these roles will either have to claim honestly, and risk becoming targets of the mafia, or lie, and risk becoming targets of the town.

I'm not saying a nameclaim would be all bad. However, I do feel that the risks are significantly greater than you make them sound, and that we should therefore be very hesitant about nameclaiming day one.

Well, we could have a Daisy out here wanting to lynch a Peach. We don't really know much yet about the possibilities.

Here are possibilities:

Krystal/Zelda = Role Switcher

Samus = Vig or Cop

Zelda/Krystal = Doctor

Miller = Peach

Captain Syrup = SK (Yeah I don't even know.)

We may need to look further though as to what possible roles there could be.
You just gave the mafia a list of potential targets in the event of a nameclaim.

Why?

I don't think your list would benefit the mafia too much, because they could probably make these connections themselves. But it doesn't really help town at all, so I'm left wondering why you posted it.

we should definitely do it pllllllllzzzzz
NICE TRY, BAXTER STOCKMAN. :mad:

smashbot226

Smash Master
Why does everybody believe that it is only Nintendo characters? I was under the impression that it was just cute female video game characters.
Oh God, this might as well be called, "Kawaii Crossover Mafia" if that's the case...

You just gave the mafia a list of potential targets in the event of a nameclaim.

Why?

I don't think your list would benefit the mafia too much, because they could probably make these connections themselves. But it doesn't really help town at all, so I'm left wondering why you posted it.
I posted it for possibilities. Rather positive those were the ones maf could connect to, but they're guesses. IF they go on it, they're risking quite a bit.

I'm also thinking this:

WHAT IF ROLES ARE CUTE FEMALE MEDIA CHARACTERS IN GENERAL?

Just a thought. Might not be JUST vidjyo gamezz

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
waiting on a Y/N from Ronike, Macman, jungle and yaya before responding to Medi's post.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Sorry, been a busy couple of days wrapping up for spring break.

Anyways, I can see definite upsides to a nameclaim this early, as then we have something to go on, but I just can't help but think that it will give the mafia too much of an advantage this early in the game, so I'm really unsure... Whatever we decide, I will gladly go along with,but I'm leaning more towards no

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
No way for this reason stated

Now, if we do have a nameclaim, players with these roles will either have to claim honestly, and risk becoming targets of the mafia, or lie, and risk becoming targets of the town.
It just seems way too risky at this early. Hell I like Tom's idea better than this one.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
waiting on a Y/N from Ronike, Macman, jungle and yaya before responding to Medi's post.
Do we all have to respond to every single suggestion? I mean I know it promotes activity[kind of], but than we get people who pretty much repeat the same things others have said but reword it in an attempt to seem useful/intelligent. I've said before in a previous mafia game that I do not like to respond unless I have something new to share.

Personally I say no to a nameclaim on the first day, I however will go with it if it's the general consensus.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I mean I know it promotes activity[kind of], but than we get people who pretty much repeat the same things others have said but reword it in an attempt to seem useful/intelligent.
And then we seem scummy cause we agreed with X person and not Y, but later we might agree with Y.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
people will always try hard to sound smart when it's pointless.

you won't appear scummy when there are only 2 options and 12 of the 13 players said no.

Nameclaim D1 :)
Marshy

No nameclaim D1 :mad:
Tom
Ronike
Macman
Junglefever6478
Matunas
Karthik_king
Mediocre
Handorin
Smashbot
Mentosman8
Omis
Yaya

as medi's post it's a fair reason to resist it, though it bothers me since the mafia pretty much confirmed that they'd be against a nameclaim unless i'm a 1-man mafia. that makes me want to go through with it even more.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Unless you are Mafia, and are going away from your scum mates to look town.

Just a suggestion.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
which i'd find unlikely considering i never said that it clears me at all, and banking on making myself look townie this way on Day 1 seems like a dumb idea when there's most definitely a cop in here. i think i've been drawing more attention than i'd want to as mafia though i guess you could say "but what if you're the godfather!". meh, maybe there's a vig too

Omis

my friends were skinny
Guys stop it. There is now need to discuss what character would be what. It is an extremely scummy action to do that. The only thing that is doing is helping the mafia out.
Vote Smashbot
For posting that huge list of roles and his extremely early attempt to off KK.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Guys stop it. There is now need to discuss what character would be what. It is an extremely scummy action to do that. The only thing that is doing is helping the mafia out.
Vote Smashbot
For posting that huge list of roles and his extremely early attempt to off KK.
1. Posting role ideas without any possible relation to users is like giving somebody gift wrapping and no gift, for lack of a better comparison- it's an idea without a connection. Basically, it's empty if it has no keeper. Even if we ARE right and Mafia DO follow up on it, which isn't likely, they'll still need to decide who is who. And there might be an SK as well.

2. I'm asking KK why I shouldn't lynch him and asked for a good reason- I voted HIM because he's a weak link for either town OR mafia, and it also serves to pressure him. Speaking of which, he hasn't gotten back to me on that.

Furthermore, you telling us to stop name-claiming seems innocent enough... but I'm smarter than that. You could be establishing yourself as town to seem town-aligned.

FOS: Omis?

Omis

my friends were skinny
1. Posting role ideas without any possible relation to users is like giving somebody gift wrapping and no gift, for lack of a better comparison- it's an idea without a connection. Basically, it's empty if it has no keeper. Even if we ARE right and Mafia DO follow up on it, which isn't likely, they'll still need to decide who is who. And there might be an SK as well.

2. I'm asking KK why I shouldn't lynch him and asked for a good reason- I voted HIM because he's a weak link for either town OR mafia, and it also serves to pressure him. Speaking of which, he hasn't gotten back to me on that.

Furthermore, you telling us to stop name-claiming seems innocent enough... but I'm smarter than that. You could be establishing yourself as town to seem town-aligned.

FOS: Omis?
To your points
1. Ask yourself this: How does posting those roles with names at all help the town? It doesnt. The only benefit I see from it is helping the mafia in the case that we do a name claim.

2. You started accusing him right off the bat without even giving him a chance to screw up. It may be my soft heart, but Im just plain against that.

And that last part about me establishing myself as town: You can say that about every single person in the game.

smashbot226

Smash Master
To your points
1. Ask yourself this: How does posting those roles with names at all help the town? It doesnt. The only benefit I see from it is helping the mafia in the case that we do a name claim.
It helps Mafia about as much as it will help town. I'm just giving out ideas, but if they go on it, they're either really stupid or really sure of themselves.

2. You started accusing him right off the bat without even giving him a chance to screw up. It may be my soft heart, but Im just plain against that.

1. It doubled as a move to see how he'd respond. He's a weak link to either side, and depending on results, I'd either keep my vote or cancel it. So far, the only scummy thing he's done is vote a lynch on me DIRECTLY after I voted him- gave no proper reasoning or defense. That says something.

And that last part about me establishing myself as town: You can say that about every single person in the game.
You're just being very vocal about it. Who knows, you could be defending your "scum brother." But you haven't done anything incriminating yet, so for now I'll just lean on the corner and watch you.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
"Oooooh noooo!"

A female girl spoke. "I have somewhere else to be! My two boyfriends are waiting for me!"

All of the other girls stare at her blankley. "Two

The girl giggled a bit nervously. "Hehe...still deciding."

"Very well, I shall arrange you a gateway home..." She sighed. So far, she was not liking the idea of her guest leaving so suddenly. It made her wonder if the area creeped them outsomewhat. Suddenly, a star appeared next to her, and the woman began to ride off into her galaxy. "Choose wisely!"

"I Will~~~~!" The girl shouts loudly in the empty sky.

Marshy is leaving the game!

Suddenly, another star landed nicely on the ground. It then dissipeared to show a engergetic girl.

The new girl, Niiro, joins the sleepover!

"Woooo! Time to have some fun!" She shouts excitedly.

"That we will...we'll be doing the main event, soon."

"Main event?" Everyone including the new girl spoke in unison.

"Hehe...ya will see..." Rosalina gave off a friendly wink.

A deadline has now been set! You all have four days to vote on a lynch.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Smashbot's "FoS" is very scummy to me, Omis has looked town so far this game, and targeting someone because they voted you is something called an OMGUS, It's a very scummy move and Smashbot has been bothering me since he targeted KK.

That was just the nail in the coffin, I guess.

Vote: Smashbot

Ronike

Smash Ace
Alright, well... since we don't have much time left in the day, I say we all just say who we find most suspicious at the moment. Then we go thru these people and decide who we all agree is most scummish and get day 1 over with. Now then:

I find smashbot to be the most suspicious due to his incessant desire to off KK, even though he is doing considerably better in this game, and his poor defense of reasoning for doing so. In addition, he made a post that simply makes the mafia's life easier in the event of a nameclaim.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
---------VOTES (It takes 7 votes out of 13 players)------

Smashbot - Tom, KK, Omis, Yaya (4)

KK - Smashbot (1)

Medi - Handorin (1)

Not Voted - Mediocre, Macman, Matunas, Mentosman, Ronike, Niiro, Junglefever, (7)

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree that smashbot seems most suspicious so far, however after Omis game I am weary to vote on him just yet, so I'll wait till others have had made their opinions before making it an official vote.

Niiro

Smash Ace
---------VOTES (It takes 7 votes out of 13 players)------

Smashbot - Tom, KK, Omis, Yaya (4)

KK - Smashbot (1)

Medi - Handorin (1)

Not Voted - Mediocre, Macman, Matunas, Mentosman, Ronike, Marshy, Junglefever, (7)
My name is Niiro, not Marshy xD. I'm reading all the previous posts before I post, and I'm on page 9 right now. So far, I think KK is the most suspisious, simply because he is not responding to any of the accusations so far, just allowing others to defend him for him...self.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Pressure VOTE: Karthik King
Just a push for him to put more effort into his posts, because all of his posts besides the one he asked to enter this sleepover, was one line.
I'll add more things as i re-read more indepthly *hides*

Niiro

Smash Ace
On the topic on a name-claim, I don't think that that is a good idea (sounds weird), really only because Smashbot posted a nameclaim list >.> Maybe we should do this later in the game, like Junglefever, i think, said because it is just too risky right now to do it. Some mafia scum/independent person can easily just say a name of a random character to pass it, and at the same time, give the mafia good targets on the potential helpers to the townies.

Top Bottom