• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Arthur has been reviewed, I had plenty to say about him. It's a pretty nice moveset, don't overlook it. My review brings up a few things I think everyone should know about, so check it, especially if you're Bkupa.

Edward and Disaster, I still haven't read, I'm afraid. I'm trying to stay a bit more up-to-date this time, so I'll try doing that tomorrow morning, and maybe getting another review in, if one has been requested.

Revolver Ocelot looks like a fantastic newcomer set, although, again, more detailed commentary to come at a later time.

...I do have a moveset hidden away, waiting to be posted. I think I'll give it a few more days, for everything to die down (although it's not all that active just now, either) before posting.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I loved the Ratchet and Clank set. It's very true to the character, and the moves are very interesting.

Pretty cool set.

All I'm worried about though, is how the set looks. It's not the best looking, to say the least.

UserShadow7989

Smash Journeyman
I agree, the Ratchet & Clank moveset is simply wonderful. It takes advantage of Ratchet's wide array of guns from over the course of his series, while remaining very balanced. I love the creative inclusion of his Charge Boots and the Slow Fall as special mechanics. I also like the orginized, simple discriptions of each move. I think I overdid the details on my RO moveset, looking at it now.

I'd like to thank you all for the complements on the movesets, and I have a question. What would you recomend to someone who's making a moveset for an Original Character, but has no artistic talent/scanner or any concievable options of portraying that character via picture? Should said person search for a character who looks like theirs? What if they can't find one?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I'd like to thank you all for the complements on the movesets, and I have a question. What would you recomend to someone who's making a moveset for an Original Character, but has no artistic talent/scanner or any concievable options of portraying that character via picture? Should said person search for a character who looks like theirs? What if they can't find one?
Well... I have no artistic talent, so I just got a friend of mine who happens to be an excellent artist to help me with this. So... either find somebody who can help you out, or try to do it on your own.

quadz08

Smash Cadet
I like the originality of the Ratchet and Clank moveset. However, it seems a bit... awkward. There are so many new concepts (charge boots, slow fall) and strange button choices for moves (every tilt is a projectile), it might feel like playing an entirely different game.

I do think that in general, it's a pretty good moveset. Just maybe a bit too much weird.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
CONNECTION TO RESTRICTED SCILAB FILES REQUESTED. PROCEED? (Y/N)

CONNECTING...
CONNECTING...
CONNECTING...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED. PROCEED? (Y/N)

Y

FUNCTION?

SEARCH = MEGAMAN.EXE

SEARCHING...
SEARCHING...
SEARCHING...
SUBJECT FOUND. PROCEED? (Y/N)

Y
REQUEST = GENERAL INFORMATION

SEARCHING...
SEARCHING...
SEARCHING...

Y

SUBJECT: Megaman.EXE
PHOTOGRAPHIC ID:

NET OPERATOR: Lan Hikari
BATTLE POINTS: 2160
SYNCHRONIZATION LEVEL: 100.00%

QUERY COMPLETE. PROCEED? (Y/N)

Y
SEARCH = PROTOCOL

SEARCHING...
SEARCHING...
SEARCHING...

Y

POWER-UP PROTOCOL: Megaman appears looking like a wireframe. His appearance databits slowly upload.
STANDING PROTOCOL: Megaman's left leg is brought out in front of his right. Both legs are slightly bent. Left arm holds the megabuster arm up above megaman's chest
RUNNING PROTOCOL: Megaman does a traditional run - back straight, arms at his sides, and taking long strides.
JUMPING PROTOCOL: Megaman's legs are hanging downwards, slightly bent. Left arm is holding the Megabuster forward.

Y
SEARCH = STATISTICS

SEARCHING...
SEARCHING...
SEARCHING...

Y

POWER = 45%
SPEED = 70%
WEIGHT = 45%
RANGE = 80%
RECOVERY = 70%
JUMP 1 = 55%
JUMP 2 = 60%
DROP SPEED = 60%
RISING SPEED = 70%
AERIAL MOBILITY = 60%

Y
SEARCH = SPECIAL FUNCTIONS

SEARCHING...
SEARCHING...
SEARCHING...

Y

BattleChips - Neutral Special - Megaman is given five decks of five randomly selected battle chips out of a group of ten battle chips at the beginning of his stock. Activated by the 'B' button, and can only be used in the order generated. Order is shown by small battlechip icons under the stamina meter. Each BattleChip may only be used a certain amount of times. The decks can be swapped via the Down Special. Every chip will appear at least once in all of the five decks.

>>>Recovery + 30 - Classification: Damage Negator - Negative 30% Damage - Photographic ID: http://evelands.net/evan/cont/megaman/images/chips/gallery/sm_chip_108.png - Uses: 1 - Megaman uses the recover +30 battlechip to decrease his damage meter by 30%. In stamina matches, this will increase his meter by 30%. Little lag.

Note: Megaman will raise his left hand above his head and set his right hand on his hip during this attack. He will shout "recovery +30" during the moves usage.

>>>M-Cannon - Classification: Projectile - 10% Damage - Photographic ID: http://evelands.net/evan/cont/megaman/images/chips/gallery/sm_chip_003.png - Uses: 2 - Megaman uses the ultra-powerful M-Cannon to defeat his enemies. Will delete opponents at 80%. Very high start-up lag and low firing lag. The laser forms a long pink beam that stretches across three fourths of final destination. Very high priority

Note: During the firing sequence Megaman will have his cannon arm fully extended and his left arm will be gripping the canon for extra aiming prowess. All other body segments will follow standing protocol if Megaman is on the ground and all other body segments will follow falling protocol if Megaman is in the air.

>>>Bubbler - Classifcation: Close-Range - Photographic ID: http://evelands.net/evan/cont/megaman/images/chips/gallery/sm_chip_022.png - Uses: 1 - Megaman lifts his Megabuster arm and begins to expand a bubble from it. The bubble will expand to be about the height of R.O.B. both height and width-wise. The bubble reaches full-size after about one second. If the opponent is caught in the bubble, Megaman will release at the opponent will start floating upwards, causing 1% damage per second. Bubble will pop after 3 seconds floating upward (total vertical height = 1/2 of final destination length) causing 5% damage. Megaman can interrupt the bubble's upward motion with any attack, causing full damage and knockback. If Megaman doesn't trap the enemy in the bubble, the bubble will pop on him, giving him a surprised look on his face and will be frozen for 1 and 1/2 seconds. The bubble has the best priority in the game, cancelling out every attack. However, it also leaves Megaman wide open for attacks to the back.

Note: Megaman stands up straight and brings his right arm up, forming a 90 degree angle with his body. His left hand is brought down at the side of his body and Megaman looks forward. A bubble comes out of Megaman's Megabuster.

>>>Attack +10 - Classification: Upgrade - Photographic ID: http://evelands.net/evan/cont/megaman/images/chips/gallery/sm_chip_149.png - Uses: 1 - Megaman uses the attack +10 BattleChip to add a 10% increase in terms of percent damage and knockback for the next 20 seconds.

Note: During the attack +10 start-up sequence, Megaman shouts "all right!" and swings his left hand up diagonally to the right side of his head. His right hand is placed in front of his stomach.

>>>Super Vulcan - Classification: Projectile - 1% Damage - Photographic ID: http://evelands.net/evan/cont/megaman/images/chips/gallery/sm_chip_220.png - Uses: 50 - Megaman's right arm turns into the Super Vulcan. Having a total of 50 bullets, it retains the same properties as Fox's blaster, but you can run and jump while using it. No knockback, low start-up lag, little cool-down lag. Once this attack is used, you may not switch decks until you have used all 50 bullets. This attack has priority like Fox's laser -- though it does little damage, it will always hit the opponent, even if they are using an attack and it won't send them out of helpless.

Note: during running sequence, Megaman's left hand steadies his right. All other body segments default to standard running protocol. During standing sequence, Megaman's left hand steadies his right. All other body segments default to standard standing protocol. During jumping sequence, Megaman's left hand steadies his right. All other body segments default to standard jumping protocol.

>>>Fireman SP - Classification: Semi-Projectile - 1% Damage per hit (1 hit per 1/2 second) Photographic ID: http://evelands.net/evan/cont/megaman/images/chips/gallery/sm_chip_234.png - Use: 8 seconds - Megaman obtains fireman's flamethrower. Megaman can run at half speed during use of the flamethrower. Can be angled upwards and downwards, but only when Megaman is set to standing animation. Properties similar to Bowser's fire breath. Can be used aerially. Low priority

Note: During running sequence, Megaman's left hand steadies his right. All other body segments default to standard running protocol. During standing sequence, Megaman's left hand steadies his right. All other body segments default to standard standing protocol. During jumping sequence, Megaman's left hand steadies his right. All other body segments default to standard jumping protocol.

>>>Fan - Classification: Secondary Device - Photographic ID: http://evelands.net/evan/cont/megaman/images/chips/gallery/sm_chip_084.png - Use: 10 seconds - Megaman obtains the use of a fan to stop his enemy's momentum. When the fan is used, it is set on the ground in front of Megaman. If it is used in the air, it slowly falls to the ground. This allows advanced edgeguarding tactics. The fan blows enemies to the direction that it is facing, at the speed of Mario's FLUDD. Megaman is not affected by the wind stream.

Note: Megaman holds his arms out in front of him, and the fan uploads into his hands, following power-up protocol. Megaman drops it from there. Fan powers on the moment it leaves Megaman's hands. After fan is dropped, Megaman defaults to standing protocol on the ground and jumping protocol in the air.

>>>Numberman SP - Classification: Projectile – Photographic ID: - Uses: 5 - Megaman pulls a dice out! He can hold it in his left hand for as long as he wants, but can only walk when holding it. Once thrown, the dice will reveal a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6. 1 will result in the weakest explosion and 6 will result in the most powerful. Throwing is activated by pressing any button. Megaman will only be harmed by a level 5 and 6 explosion. Low start-up lag, moderate ending lag. All moves can only be avoided by getting out of the blast radius or shielding, similar to Snake's C4.

Code:
Definition:

1 - the dice will create a small explosion, about the size of a fully charged super scope bullet.  Does 6% damage.  Deletes at 300%.  Probability 25%.

2 - the dice will create a small explosion, about the size of ganondorf in a freezie.  Does 8% damage.  Deletes at 250%.  Probability 20%.

3 - the dice will create an explosion that has a length and width of the horizontal size of the diamond in the middle of final destination.  Does 10% damage.  Deletes at 180%.  Probability 20%

4 - the dice will create an explosion the size of two kind dedede's standing side by side with one using the forward tilt for both length and height.  Does 13% damage.  Deletes at 150%.  Probability 15%

5- the dice will create an explosion the size of two ganondorfs, one on top of the other, for both length and height.  Does 15% damage.  Deletes at 140%.  Probability 15%.

6 - the dice creates an explosion the size of the smart bomb blast radius when it is as large as possible.  Does 18% damage.  Deletes at 110%.  Probability 5%.
Note: Megaman swings his left arm at his side and pulls out a dice. He holds it tucked under his body in his left hand. During throwing, Megaman brings his arm up behind his head and then tosses it forward. All other body segments default to standing protocol if on the ground or falling protocol if in the air.

>>>Bamboo Lance - Classification: Projectile - 8% Movement Damage, 2% Stable Damage - Photographic ID: http://evelands.net/evan/cont/megaman/images/chips/gallery/sm_chip_081.png - Uses: 2 - When Megaman uses this BattleChip bamboo poles come up out of the ground about 1/4th the length of final destination in front of him. If Megaman is on the ledge, the poles will come up on the ledge. The bamboo poles are the height of the poles that come up on the Pictochat stage. Bamboo poles take 1/2 a second to come completely up and will delete at 150% during this movement. After this, bamboo poles will cause 2% damage and will always knock opponents the length of 1 of Final Destination's triangles. The poles stay up for two seconds, not include the half second it takes for them to rise. Moderate start-up lag, little ending lag. Average priority.

Note: Megaman kneels on the ground and plants both of his hands on the ground. He then stands up, as the bamboo plant comes out of the ground.

>>>Vacuum - Classification: Secondary Device - Photographic ID: http://evelands.net/evan/cont/megaman/images/chips/gallery/sm_chip_083.png - Use: 10 seconds - Megaman obtains the use of a vacuum to force his enemies towards him. When the vacuum is used, it is set on the ground in front of Megaman. If it is used in the air, it slowly falls to the ground. This allows advanced edgeguarding tactics. The vacuum sucks enemies towards itself, at the speed of Mario's FLUDD. Megaman is not affected by the vacuum stream.

Note: Megaman holds his arms out in front of him, and the fan uploads into his hands, following power-up protocol. Megaman drops it from there. Vacuum powers on the moment it leaves Megaman's hands. After Vacuum is dropped, Megaman defaults to standing protocol on the ground and jumping protocol in the air.

Megabooster - Upwards Special - Classification: Recovery - 2% Damage - Megaman uses the Megabooster [blue pack found on his back] to propel himself back to the stage. Megabooster controls like Pikachu's final smash does and will cause 2% damage if you are hit by the Jetstream. Lasts two seconds. Goes at the speed of Pikachu’s run. No knockback.

Note: During the Megabooster sequence, Megaman's arms are brought down stiff at his sides. His legs are locked and stretch as far as they go. Megaman keeps his face looking forward in the direction that the Megabooster is going. All other body segments default to falling protocol.

Areasteal - Sideways Special - Classification: Movement - Photographic ID: http://evelands.net/evan/cont/megaman/images/chips/gallery/sm_chip_117.png - Megaman is warped 1/2 the distance of final destination. During movement, Megaman is invunerable. Megaman is facing opposite the direction that he was facing in the first place after using this and will not be put into helpless. Slight starting lag, but no ending lag. Megaman may only use this one time before he touches the ground again, much like the cypher.

Note: During the Areasteal start-up sequence, Megaman will be leaning over. He will be warped across by a panel [photographic id: http://evelands.net/evan/cont/megama...m_chip_117.png]. During movement, Megaman is invisible. During ending sequence, Megaman is brought back by the same panel.

Deck Swap - Down Special - Classification: Passive - Megaman switches out his current deck for one of another four. Each deck contains five BattleChips and is randomly generated at the start of each stock. Swapping decks five times returns you to the original deck. Once a BattleChip is used in a certain deck, you cannot switch decks until you finish using that BattleChip. After using the BattleChip, the first BattleChip in the Que of all the other decks becomes unusable.

Note: The BattleChip's are enlarged and they move in a rotation style. BattleChip's return to normal size after 5 seconds, giving the user an acceptable amount of time to read the BattleChips. Megaman goes through no animation and experiences no lag using this move.

Y
SEARCH = PRIMARY FUNCTIONS

SEARCHING...
SEARCHING...
SEARCHING...
SUBJECT FOUND. PROCEED (Y/N)

Y

Megabuster
- Neutral Attack - Classification: Projectile - 5% Damage - Activated by pressing the 'A' button during a battle sequence. It goes the length of half of Final Destination at the speed of Samus' charge shot. Very small, blue bullet. Causes extremely minimal hitstun. Attack is not powerful enough to cause deletion. Attack will be fired directly in front of Megaman, with only two bullets allowed to be out at a time [includes aerial bullets]. Nearly non-existent firing lag. Average priority

Note: During the firing sequence Megaman will have his cannon arm fully extended and his left arm will be gripping the canon for extra aiming prowess. All other body segments will follow standing protocol.

Barrier - Dash Attack - Classification: Close-Range - 3% damage - Photographic ID: http://evelands.net/evan/cont/megaman/images/chips/gallery/sm_chip_135.png - Megaman rams forward with his right shoulder, as a barrier forms in front of him. This barrier will absorb all projectiles, regardless of power or size. If you run into and opponent with this, it will knock the opponent away. It always knocks your opponent 1/4 of Final Destination away. Low ending lag.

Note: Megaman looks exactly like Captain Falcon does during his dash attack, but has the barrier added on.

Blast Lift - Upward Tilt - Classification: Semi-Projectile - Buster Shots: 3%, Megaman: 14% - Megaman lifts himself upwards using Megabuster bullets. After shooting the first bullet, Megaman is sent up the height of Mario very quickly. He then will either fall back to the ground or, if you tell him to do the attack again, he will use it again starting at 1/2 of Mario's height. Megaman goes slightly backwards when using this attack. Buster shots do not delete, Megaman deletes at 125%. Above average start-up, ending lag. Megaman's body has slightly above average priority and the bullets have slightly below average priority.

Note: During the start-up sequence, Megaman slightly bends over and aims the Megabuster towards the ground. Steadying the blaster with his left hand, he waits a while and then shoots towards the ground. He is send upwards and slightly backwards. In the air, Megaman's legs are slightly bent. All body segments not mentioned default to standard protocol.

Cyber-Sword - Forward Tilt - Classification: Close-Range - 3-12% - Megaman's right-arm turns into the Cyber-Sword. Hits 1/8th of FD's length in front of Megaman. Slight start-up lag and slight ending lag. This move has a few unique properties to it. Firstly, it can delete very early -- about 90%! Not to metion that it can do massive amounts of damage for a tilt, coming in at 12%. Of course, this can't last forever. Megaman's Cyber-Sword is prone to de-rezzing. The more damage he takes, the more useless his sword is.

Code:
Definition:

0-20%:  Cyber-Sword causes 12% damage and deletes at 90%.  High priority.

21-40%:  Cyber-Sword causes 9% damage and deletes at 115%.  Average priority.

41-60%:  Cyber-Sword causes 6% damage and deletes at 200%.  Low priority.

61 - 999%:  Cyber-Sword causes 3% damage and deletes at 800%.  Non-existent priority.
Note: Megaman takes a step forward with his right foot, slightly leans forward, and then slashes the sword directly in front of him horizontally. The higher damage you take, the more pixelated the sword becomes.

Slide - Down Tilt - Classification: Close-Range - 5% - Megaman slides across the ground and a pace similar to Captain Falcon's run. Goes the distance of one of BattleField's platforms. Puts opponents into temporary hitstun in place [enough to allow Megaman to come out of the attack to shield or run away] and has a 50% chance of causing the opponent to trip. Megaman goes down far enough to avoid most projectiles. Average priority.

Note: During Slide sequence, Megaman moves forward flat on his back on the ground. His head is brough up, looking forward. Both arms are held up above his head, slightly limp. Left leg is bent up slightly and right leg is entirely outstretched.

Omega Arrow - Sideways Smash - Classification: Projectile - 13% Damage uncharged, 20% fully charged - Megaman's right hand turns into a giant bow and his left hand fires a glowing, white arrow with medium length but very little height. Uncharged, the Omega Arrow travels one fourth or Final Destination's length before deletion but fully charged it travels one half of Final Destination's length before deletion. Attack is fired directly in front of Megaman. Causes deletion at 120% uncharged. Slightly below moderate start-up lag with moderate firing lag. Slightly above average priority.

Note: During the firing sequence Megaman will be crouching on the ground. His knees will be bent. His left arm will fire the arrow and his right arm will act as the bow. All other body segments will follow standing protocol.

Spreader - Upwards Smash - Classification: Projectile - 11% Damage, 17% fully charged - Megaman fires three shots. The first one angled 30 degrees behind him, the second over his head, and the third angled 30 degrees in front of him. Bullets go 3/8 Final Destination's length in the direction they are aimed. If Megaman dash cancels into his Up Smash [using an Up Smash during a dash] he slides very far - the length of Luigi's dash canceled Up Smash. Little starting lag, average ending lag. Deletes at 130%. Average priority.

Note: Megaman's right, cannon arm remains fully outstreched during the entire attack. He tilts his head upwards and lifts his left arm slightly, just above his left breast. His legs remain slightly bent during the attack. His back is up straight. All other body segments default to standing protocol.

Mettaur's Axe - Down Smash - Classification: Semi-Projectile - Axe Damage: 14% regular, 23% charged. Shockwave Damage: 11% regular, 16% charged - Photographic ID: http://sdb.drshnaps.com/sheets/Capcom/MegaMan/Other/Mettaur.gif - Megaman heaves a Mettaur's Axe above his head then swings it down. This causes a shockwave which travels 3/8 of Final Destination's length at about the speed of Bowser's walk. Shockwave is 1/3 the size of Final Destination [Video ID: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5b3Dpv-Bzs - Skip to 1:18 end at 1:21]. Above average starting lag and slightly below average ending lag. Axe hitbox deletes at 115% and Shockwave hitbox deletes at 140%. Axe has high priority and the shockwave has low priority.

Note: Megaman lifts up the Mettaur's Axe above his head, using both hands. He then slams it downwards. While Megaman brings it up, his back arches. When Megaman has the axe as high as he can, his back stays arched and Megaman is looking slightly dowards with his face. His arms are brought up above his head, bent backwards at the elbows. This is the charging animation. Megaman heaves the axe downwards and his back bends forward. He looks down a slight bit and then brings himself back to normal. All body segments not mentioned default to standing protocol.

Megabuster - Neutral Aerial - Classification: Projectile - 5% Damage - Activated by pressing the 'A' button during a battle sequence. It goes the length of half of Final Destination at the speed of Samus' charge shot. Very small, blue bullet. Causes extremely minimal hitstun. Attack is not powerful enough to cause deletion. Attack will be fired directly in front of Megaman, with only two bullets allowed to be out at a time [includes ground bullets]. Nearly non-existent firing lag. Average priority.

Note: during the firing sequence Megaman will have his cannon arm fully extended and his left arm will be gripping the canon for extra aiming prowess. All other body segments will follow standing protocol.

Ninjaman SP - Upwards Aerial - Classificaiton: Projectile - 8% Damage - Megaman throws a single shuriken upwards. The shuriken is about the size of Link's bomb, it travels about the speed of Link's fully charged arrow. Attack deletes at 135%. The shuriken goes the distance of another one and a half Megamans. Average start-up and slightly above average ending-lag. Average priority.

Note: A shuriken will appear in Megaman's left hand and he will begin to twist his torso to the left. After holding a contorted pose for a few moments, Megaman spins around once in the air and throws the shuriken. After it is thrown, Megaman brings his left arm back down and moves his shoulders around.

Guts Punch 3 - Forward Aerial - Classification: Close-Range - 13% damage - Photographic ID: http://evelands.net/evan/cont/megaman/images/chips/gallery/sm_chip_156.png - Megaman's right hand turns into the giant Guts Fist. Megaman spins around one time quickly after average start-up lag, almost freezes up with the fist in front of him for a while, and then does one more complete, quick spin. Average ending lag. Deletes at 120%. Fist hits the length of a full extra Megaman standing in front of the punching Megaman. High priority.

Note: Megaman's right hand grows large and he pulls it back a bit behind him. His body twists to help but extra force into it, and his left hand is brought stretched out to his side, slghtly bent in at the elbow. His head remains facing forward. All body segments not mentioned default to standard aerial protocol.

Thunderman SP - Backward Aerial - Classification: Close-Range - 12% damage - Megaman swings his left hand behind him to try and grab his opponent. If he succesfully grabs them, he will hold them by the neck and send electricity through his left hand and electrocute his opponents. Grabs one arms length away from Megaman. Deletes at 140%. Little start-up and ending lag. Low priority.

Note: Megaman swings his left arm behind him. During this, his head and upper torso also twist so that Megaman can looks behind him. His right arm is hanging at his side, bent at the elbow, so that his forearm is in from of his chest. All body segments not mentioned default to standard aerial protocol.

Quake - Downwards Aerial - Classification: Projectile - Video ID: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp2kqPzOJmc [start at 1:40 end at 1:43] - Photographic ID: http://www.sprites-inc.co.uk/files/EXE/EXE5/Chips/image059.png - 14% damage - Megaman throws a giant weight beneath him. The weight travels as fast as Toon Link does during his down air, and spikes at the bottom of the weight. The side of the weight has slightly above average knockback. Deletes at 110% off-stage with the spike hitbox. Deletes at 150% with the side hitbox. The weight is the size of Mario. High start-up lag and above average ending lag. High priority.

Note: Megaman's right arm transforms from the Megabuster into his hand. He heaves up the weight with both of his hands, lifting it above his head. After holding it up a while, he then thrusts the weight downwards, causing himself to flip a few times in the air. After regaining orientation, Megaman is ready to fight. All body segments not mentioned default to standard aerial protocol.

Y
SEARCH = Close-Proximity Functions

SEARCHING...
SEARCHING...
SEARCHING...

Y

Grab Animation - Megaman throws his arms out as far as he can to try and grab the enemy. If Megaman is running, he will stutter step for a little bit, going slightly slower than his dash and try and grab his opponent. Standing, the grab has below average range. Running, the grab has average range.

When Megaman has grabbed the opponent, his left arm is brought up at a 70 degree angle up along his opponents back, and his right hand forms a 20 degree angle up along his opponents back. He slightly leans forward. His legs are fully outstretched, bringing him to his full height.

>>>Buster Whack - Pummel - 2% damage - Megaman hits his opponent in the side of the head with his blaster. Good pummel, goes about as fast as Mario's pummel.

Enemy Bullet - Forward Throw - 10% damage shot, 5% damage collision - Megaman's Megabuster suddenly grows extremely large. Megaman takes the opponent and stuffs them into the Megabuster. At this point, you can either press Z again to fire the opponent or you can change the trajectory of the opponent for one second, before an automatic fire. If the shot opponent hits another enemy, box, or wall, they will take an additional 5% damage. Low ending lag. Deletes at 140%.

BattleChip Throw - Upward Throws - 3% damage - Megaman has a set of three BattleChips during this attack that are randomly chosen. Unlike the neutral special, you cannot alter what BattleChip you use, as you are stuck with the one you get.

Code:
Vulcan - Photographic ID:  http://evelands.net/evan/cont/megaman/images/chips/gallery/sm_chip_015.png - 10% damage - Megaman throws the opponent upwards and then shoots them 10 times with the Vulcan.  Causes a total of 13% damage.  Opponents are always sent two Megaman heights above Megaman.  Low ending lag.  Probability 50%.

Vacuum Cannon - 2% damage - After throwing the opponent upwards, Megaman's Megabuster sucks them back down.  This allows for an immediate regrab.  The vortex causes 2% damage to the opponent.  Low ending lag.  Probability 30%.

H-Cannon - Photographic ID:  http://evelands.net/evan/cont/megaman/images/chips/gallery/sm_chip_002.png - 8% damage - Megaman throws the opponent upwards, then fires a blast from the powerful H-Cannon.  Deletes at 120%.  Moderate ending lag.  Probability 10%
Note: Megaman grabs his opponents back with his left and then throws them up, immediately looking upwards. As he is throwing them, his right arm is being brought up to aim at his enemy, and the moment the enemy is thrown, his left hand comes up to steady the right. All body segments not mentioned default to standard grab protocol.

Mini Bomber - Backward Throw - Photographic ID: http://evelands.net/evan/cont/megaman/images/chips/gallery/sm_chip_029.png - 11% damage - Megaman quickly turns around and throws the opponent behind him. He then throws a Mini Bomber at the opponent, causing them to be sent flying. Deletes at 130%. Low ending lag.

Note: Megaman quickly spins around and throws the opponents as he does so. He then tosses a Mini Bomber, much like a Softball player would [without a wind-up]. His legs are slightly bent when he throws the Mini Bomber.

Geyser - Downward Throw - Photographic ID: http://evelands.net/evan/cont/megaman/images/chips/gallery/sm_chip_045.png - 5% throw, 1% per Geyser hit - Megaman throws the opponent on the ground and a Geyser comes bursting out. The moment the Geyser hits the opponent, the opponent regains control. It is possible to DI out of the Geyser, though it is moderately hard. The Geyser hits a total of ten times, taking two seconds to reach a height of four Megamans stacked on top of each other. Ideally, Megaman should be trying to predict how many hits it will take for the opponent to escape from the Geyser, so that he may shoot off a Megabuster bullet to get some extra damage in. Megaman himself can be caught by the Geyser, so close-ranged moves are a no. Does not delete. No ending lag.

Note: Megaman will look exactly like Captain Falcon during his down throw. The only change to the move is the Geyser, instead of just knocking the opponent forwards.

Y
SEARCH = Program Advance

SEARCHING...
SEARCHING...
SEARCHING...

Y

Earthbreaker - Final Smash - Photographic ID: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/m...gaman.png/120px-GoldArmorBassCrossMegaman.png - Automatic Deletion - As soon as the Earthbreaker function is activated, a cinematic will trigger. Bass appears on the current stage and says "I can't have you losing to anybody but me, now can I?". Megaman and Bass then fuse and form Basscross Megaman. After this, the animation ends, and you see Basscross Megaman jump up to the top of the screen, much like Lucario.

Once they are in the background, Basscross Megaman lifts up his arms and forms the gigantic Earthbreaker. Being the size of a Volt Tackle, it moves incredibly slow and takes a long time to turn. The Earthbreaker will not disappear if it hits a platform, it must hit the main part of any stage. If it does start to collide with the main stage, it will appears as if the stage is eating the Earthbreaker up. It will slowly disappear into the ground.

If any part of the Earthbreaker hits your opponent, it is an instant K.O. The Earthbreaker disintegrates the opponent and then it disappears. The opponent is not sent to the edges, they just disappear.\

Y
SEARCH = Miscellaneous Functions

SEARCHING...
SEARCHING...
SEARCHING...

Y

Taunts

>>>Up and Down Taunt - Megaman turns towards the screen with an annoyed look on his face and says "Lan, shouldn't you be doing your homework?"

>>>Side Taunt - Megaman turns towards the screen and lifts his the Megabuster up above his chest. He grips with his left hand and then nods his head, allowing a slight grunt.

Instruction Manual as written by Doctor Yuichiro Hikari

Hello, Lan! If you're reading this, that means that you've come into possesion of Megaman! Before trying to NetBattle with him, I suggest you read this guide. It will ensure that you know how to use Megaman -- he's much different than the Generic Type A NetNavi that you are used to using.

Try to abuse Megaman's many long-ranged capabilities. This allows for quick damage racking on your opponents. Megaman may not have the killpower that somebody like Gutsman may have, but you better bet he can can damage better. Spamming the Megabuster is always a good idea.

And don't forget your BattleChips! BattleChips such as Super Vulcan allow for easy damage racking, while M-Cannon is an excellent killer. All of them have their pluses, so hopefully you will know which one to use for each situation!

Now then, Megaman's biggest problem is actually defeating your opponent. The Up Throw has a chance of using the H-Cannon which kills at decent percents, and if you sweetspot Quake, that's also an easy K.O. Though, your most reliable kill move is Omega Arrow. If at all possible, avoid spamming this! You want to keep this move fresh so that you have it at full power when you need it.

All in all, you just need to keep your distance with Megaman. His large selection of ranged attacks allow him to build damage nicely, and his forward and back aerials help edgeguard. He has a reliable K.O. option, though it's not the best. You may have trouble K.O.-ing, but you should never have trouble damaging!

Bubbleman

Much like Snake, Megaman has his own recon man. Pressing up-down-up on the control pad will cause a codec to open up on the bottom of the screen. Megaman and Bubbleman will converse about Megaman's opponents here. However, Bubbleman isn't exactly the most reliable source. Oftentimes, he has incorrect information.

>>>Mario

Bubbleman: Megaman! Watch out! That guy is bad!
Megaman: What do you mean he's bad? It's Mario!
Bubbleman: According to my sources, he's a kidnapper! He keeps on trying to steal away this princess of a land called the Mushroom Kingdom, though he is always thwarted by the good-deed-doer Bowser.
Megaman: What do you mean? All the other smashers treat this guy like he's some walking God!
Bubbleman: He must've tricked them, Megaman! Watch out! You're dealing with a madman, here!
Megaman: I dunno...

Programmer alias: MasterWarlord

>>>Fatman

Bubbleman: While Fatman has powerful explosives, he is fat and walks very slow. You should be fine.
Megaman: What are you talking about? Look how fast he's zipping about on those skates!
Bubbleman: Come now Megaman, surely you don't think a fat man like Fatman could use roller skates?
Megaman: I can see him using them right in front of me. . .
Bubbleman: Clearly Fatman must of lost weight.
Megaman: He still looks like he could use a diet to me...

>>>Envy

Bubbleman: Be careful, Megaman! You're up against Scar. If he gets up close to you, he'll blow your brains out!
Megaman: . . .No I'm not. He just turned back to-
Bubbleman: Be careful, Megaman! You're up against Major Armstrong. You cannot resist his muscles which bulge with loyalty to the state!
Megaman: Don't you see? It's one guy transforming into-
Bubbleman: Be careful, Megaman! You're up against Kimbly. He can implant explosives into-
Megaman: You know what? Forget I called.

DATA LOG INCOMPLETE. SCILAB ISSUES A FORMAL REQUEST TO NETOPS. PLEASE SUBMIT ALL ENEMY DATALOGS TO THE SCILAB DATA CENTER.

N

ARE YOU SURE? (Y/N)

N

GOOD DAY, DR. HIKARI.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
THE IMMORTAL EYE - PROLOGUE: CURSE OF REINCARNATION​

Yep, I've stared up my MYM 5 SM. Don't expect me to start the first actual chapter any time soon, though, as I've still got three movesets to complete. Besides, if I start it so soon, I'll miss plenty of great movesets to include!

The prologue also includes plenty of exclusive previews of Zasalamel, featuring:

-Dsmash
-Nair
-Down Special
-Side Special
-Stage

Darkslash

Smash Master
Note: Due to the Gundam being an 18 Meter tall Robot with the fire power of battle ships, its power will have to be divided into two categories, because in the show it excels both in ranged and Melee combat. Also I will refer the RX-78-2 to its pilot, Amuro Ray. In a tribute to the RX-78-2 this post will use Only White, Blue, Yellow and Red Text.

RX-78-2

Amuro Ray! RX-78-2 Gundam Reporting for Brawl!

Back-story
The RX-78-2 was the creation of the need to fight the Zaku mobile suits of the Principality of Zeon under the top secret Project V. The RX-78-2 was developed by Lieutenant Tem Ray. All three RX-78-2 models were present at Colony Side 7. Side 7 was then attacked by Zeon because of the Gundam’s and the other 2 Mobile suits of Project V, the RX-77 Guncannon and Guntank. Two Zaku’s were able to destroy 2 of the Gundams, but one managed to survive. This suit would be then piloted by Tem Ray son, Amuro Ray. Both Amuro and the Gundam would become iconic of the One Year War. The Gundam was the most powerful mobile suit at the time until Zeon came out with the MS-14 Gelgoog, which was, if not more powerful, equal to the RX-78-2. The RX-78-2 would meet its end on December 31st 0079 U.C at the battle of A Boa Qu.

But the Gundam it self would not be forgotten. Mobile Suits with testing purposes would follow the design of the original Gundam loosely. The RX-78-2 and its pilot, Amuro Ray would be instrumental in ending the One Year War.

Note: Due to the Gundam being an 18 Meter tall Robot with the fire power of battle ships, its power will have to be divided into two categories, because in the show it excels both in ranged and Melee combat.

STATS

Power
Ranged: 5/10
The Gundam beam canon power has been cut in half due to it being full power would put a big hole in your chest. Also add the fact that it can destroy a lot of mobile suits in 1 shot (refer to GIF)

Melee: 9/10
The main purpose of the RX-78-2 was to be a close combat mobile suit. Its Melee weapons are cooler and awesome than its bland ranged weapons.

Walking speed: 4/10
It’s a Mobile Suit. Things are slow when they walk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqBncH1O1HM&fmt=18

Running Speed: 6/10
Refer to Youtube video

Dashing Speed: 8/10
Using the jetpack you can dash. You must first run in a direction and then press the jump button. You’ll dash for a short period of time.

First Jump: 5/10
Jumps using its jetpack. Goes about flying for 2 seconds

Second Jump: 5/10
Same as the first jump, but has propulsion in the air for 3 seconds.

Third Jump: 9/10

Activated during the Up Special. When used during his Up special, Amuro will jet for a while. When he lands he’ll be open for attack for 4 seconds. When he lands Gundam falls on its knees. Amuro then slowly gets up.

ATTACKS

SPECIALS

Hyper Hammer and Beam rifle seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibL9e5j-8AA

Neutral Special
Beam Rifle
Amuro takes aim with his beam rifle. Can be charged up for multiple shots. Up to 6 shots can be fired.

3% damage per hit.
Up to 18% can be dealt.

Side Special
Hyper Hammer

The Gundam Hammer is one of the most deceiving weapons at Amuro Ray disposable. Looking like a big morning star this weapon held a nasty surprise. Using the hammer throws it a small distance. BUT charging the hammer reveals its nasty surprise. The hammer has jets installed in it. The longer you charge the faster and longer the hammer reaches. But fret not non-chargers and quick hitters. Moving the control stick in a circle 3 times enables Amuro to spin it constantly due to PHYSICS! Unlike Sheiks simple electric rod, the Gundam hammer has momentum. You can then walk slowly towards your opponent, looking menacing and stuff. Only an accurate shot from a range weapon will stop Amuro from the wheel of death.

10% per hit

Down Special
Hyper Bazooka

The hyper Bazooka is a weapon that dishes out explosive damage. It’s not guided so you have to aim. The Bazooka can be fired with a press of a button or charged. After 5 shots are fired it has to be reloaded, making Amuro an easy target during the reload. By luck you’ll fire a HE round which has more power.

4% per hit.
5% for HE Rounds.
Up to 25% damage can be dealt.

Up Special
Vulcan Mayhem

Amuro uses his jet packs to Jet up a bit. Amuro then aims for any one in the way with his head Vulcan’s. It does little damage (1 percent every 2 seconds) but its knock back can keep an opponent from touching him.

When you press jump to this Amuro will fly temporarily. Refer to Jump 3 for more details.

BASIC ATTACKS

Basic Combo #1
Hand to hand Mobile Suit
Amuro slices at the opponent. He then bashes them with his shield, causing them to be caught off balance. He finishes with a stab.

Total Damage: 10%
Slice: 4%
Shield Bash: 2%
Stab: 4%

Basic Combo #2
White and Pink Blur
Amuro lost his shield and now uses 1 saber. But now with out that shield in the way his attacks now have more speed and power. Amuro stabs, does an up slash and kicks.

Total Damage: 10%
Stab: 4%
Up Slash: 4%
Kick: 2%

Basic Combo #3
Double Beam Saber
Amuro just lost his shield. Amuro then pulls out his 2nd beam saber. He then proceeds to slash at the opponent. Amuro thrust stabs to increase damage. He then does a double horizontal slash. Before the double slash he is open for a second.

Total Damage 18%
Slash: 4%
Stab 6%
Double Slash: 8%

Dash Attack
Backslash Beam saber
Amuro charges forth with his beam saber. This move has a twist. Attacking from the back does double damage!

Base Damage: 4%
Back Damage: 8%

TILTS

Forward Tilt

Beam Javelin configuration A
Amuro simply jabs at the opponent.

Damage: 3%

Down Tilt

Sweeping Beam Javelin Configuration B
Amuro takes out his Beam Javelin and sweeps the opponent of their feet. The result is a trip.

Damage: 5%

Up Tilt

Gundam Hammer
The Hyper Hammer with out jets. Amuro swings the hammer in an arch over the Gundam’s head.

Damage: 4%

SMASHES

Forward Smash
Bazooka Scatter Shot

Amuro takes out the Bazooka. Loaded are 5 Scatter shot rounds. Charging the smash fully takes 5 seconds. 1 second per shell. The result is the massive barrage of scatter shots.

Each shell is 6% worth of damage. Up to 30% of damage can be dealt.

Down Smash

Shield Smash
Aumro bashes the opponent with his shield. If charged long enough, the opponent will get stuck in the ground. Aumro then kicks them, if the attack charged for more than 3 seconds. The opponent becomes a high speed projectile, capable of KO’ing other opponents. If one gets KO’ed by the character projectile, it is credited to Amuro.

Uncharged
20% Add 5% after each second.
Fully charge damage
40%-To K.O

Up Smash
Slice and Dice
Amuro kicks the opponent into the air. The next bit is added after 5 seconds of charge. Amuro pulls out his beam sabers. RX-78-2’s hands then rotate and the opponent helplessly falls into the spinning plasma beams of death.

Uncharged
10% Damage adding 5% after 1 second of charge
Fully charge damage
30% to K.O

AERIALS

Neutral Aerial
Vulcan Kick
Amuro uses his head Vulcans on the nearest foe. He then kicks them away.

Does 5% damage

Up Aerial
Hyper Bazooka Scatter Shot Ammo
Amuro aims up with his Bazooka. Fire's one round of Scatter Shot Ammo.

6% Damage

Forward Aerial
Vulcan Grab
Amuro grabs the opponent and uses his head Vulcans them for 2 seconds. Each second is 3% damage

6% worth of Damage is dished.

Back Aerial
Vulcan Spin.
This Aerial is a flashy dodge. Amuro spins dodging any attack, and proceeds to Vulcan the attacker. Due to the spraying nature of this attack, bullets won’t do that much damage.

1% damage per hit.

Down Aerial
Sniper!
Amuro hovers and aims between Gundam’s Legs. He then shouts out “I’M GOING TO SNIPE YOU!” referencing Lockon Stratos from Gundam 00. This a fairly predictable move as Amuro floats for a bit. Thus it has a high damage percentage.

20% damage is dealt if hit. Also some shame for being hit in the first place.

GRABS & THROWS

Grab Animation
Amuro throws his shield away, if he hasn't lost it yet. He then reaches out and grabs.

Grab attack
Amuro fire’s his Vulcan's into the grabbed opponent.

2% per hit.

Forward Throw
Beam Quick Draw
Amuro throws the opponent, and quick draws his beam rifle. Amuro fires when the sights are perpendicular to the thrown opponent. Pressing B at the right moment doubles the power of the beam. Pressing B at the wrong moment renders the Beam Rifle useless for the rest of the stock as it malfunctioned.

3% regular hit.
6% timed hit.

Up Throw
Shield Boomerang
Amuro throws the opponent up. He then throws his shield up, spinning it. The shield then hits the opponent twice.

4% Total Damage

Down Throw
Shove and a kick
Amuro throws down the opponent. He then steps on the opponent and Vulcans them for 5 seconds. He then kicks them away.

12% damage
10% from Vulcans
2% Kick

Back throw
Flashy but efficient.
Amuro throws the opponent behind him. He then flies backwards and aims the beam rifle between Gundam legs. This move has the same properties as Beam Quick Draw. After a successful hit, Bright Noa voice will heard saying “Flashy. But efficient” Unsuccessfully doing this move gives the Gundam 5% damage and a broken beam rifle.

3% regular hit.
6% successful hit
5% damage if unsuccessful

FINAL SMASHES

RX-78-2 has 4 seperate phases of the final smash. Phases are unlocked by the amount of damage and stocks he has left.

Final Smash Phase I
Gundam Launching: All out Assault!
Requirements: 0%-50% Damage
RX-78-2 has faster speed. The power and time depended on how many opponents are playing. The base time is 5 seconds with a damage multiplier of none. Add 5 seconds and 1 for every other player. For a full FFA you get 15 seconds of Final Smash time and a Damage multiplier of 3. This references a certain rival of some one...

Final Smash Phase II

White Base: Energy Locks off Line
Requirements: 51%-99% Damage
The power locks induced for Brawl are put offline. The Beam Rifle then regains its full power. If Amuro doesn’t have the Beam Rifle, White base will launch one for Amuro to use. When fired, any one hit will be KO’ed instantly.

Final Smash Phase III

Project V: Savage Barrage
Requirements: 100% damage . At least 2 stocks remaining
White Base calls for the Gundam to fall back. The Gundam then disappears from the screen. A barrage of shells and beams rain down onto the battle field coming from the Project V weapons. The RX-75-4 Guntank, RX-77 Guncannon and the RX-78-2 fire for 10 seconds. After the barrage is done, Amuro jumps back into battle.

Final Smash Phase IV

The Final Attack: Gundam’s last shot!
Requirements: Final stock
This is possibly the only final smash where the user is KO’ed. A cut scene shows where the Gundam is walking in a corridor with its head and left arm missing. Amuro then jumps out of the cockpit and salutes the Gundam, still walking because of its Auto-Pilot. The screen then splits in two. One screen shows the opponents flying down a shaft. The opponents are holding what look like modified Super Scope. The first screen fires its Super Scope(s), firing a long yellow beam. The screen second screen has Gundam aiming. The second screen has RX-78-2 aiming at the opponents The second screen then takes over, and Gundam fires its last shot of the match. The Super scope laser then hits the Gundam, melting the right side off of the RX-78-2. The last beam shot then hits the opponents and they fly back wards. The Super scope(s) then crash and explode. The announcer then says “VICTORY” instead of “GAME” because you just won the war going out in fashion.

EXTRAS

When Amuro taunts a Comm system will open up and show the face of Amuro with his pilot helmet on. Similar to Snake’s codec, but Amuro’s system is in full color.

TAUNTS

Up Taunt

“Better than any one”
Amuro yells “I can use the Gundam better than any one!” His Comm box may show a face of anger, or surprise.

Down Taunt

The Original
Amuro yells out “Nothing can beat the original.” When saying this, the Gundam points at its face. Amuro’s also point to his face with a goofy smile and closed eyes.

Side Taunt

Sandwich
RX-78-2 goes down on one knee. The Comm screen show’s Amuro eating a... sandwich.
If Amuro is interrupted the inside of the cockpit shakes and Amuro gets angry.

Believe it or not all these taunts are really based on official Gundam merchandise

ICON

Earth Federation Space Forces (E.F.S.F) Insignia
Because Amuro didn’t get his Insignia until mid way of the Gryps Conflict, the insignia of the RX-78-2 is the E.F.S.F Insignia.

Wiimote sound
Amuro Ray. Gundam Launching!

Colors

Parade Colors: The White, Red, Blue and Yellow Colors

Dark Color Scheme

RX-78-1
The RX-78-2 is painted in RX-78-1 colors.

Red Color Scheme

RX-78CA
The RX-78-2 becomes the RX-78CA (Char Custom). It has a Red/Pink paint job.

Green Color Scheme
I'm keeping this white :<

The RX-78-2 is colored in olive green. The white parts gain a tinted green hue. The E.F.S.F logo is smaller on the shield and has E.F.S.F written on it.

Blue Color Scheme

The RX-78-2 gets the color scheme of the RX-78-3.

Special Color 1

GN-000 0 Gundam
The RX-78-2 keeps its colors but atheistically becomes the GN-000 from Gundam 00. All Shell based weaponry is replaced by Beam weapons, I.E Vulcans become Beam Vulcans and Scatter Ammo is now Beam Scatter. Green GN Particles seep from the back of any propulsion system on the RX-78-2.

Special Color 2

RX-78-2 Famicom colors.
The uses the color scheme of Nintendo’s first console, the Famicom. This color scheme is Red White and Yellow only.

SHIELD AND BEAM RIFLE PROPERTIES

Beam Rifle
The Beam Rifle can be used as a Item. To Throw the Beam Rifle, the rifle must be deemed useless by doing the Forward Throw or Backwards throw wrong. You can then throw the beam rifle by throwing it like a regular item. It “disappears” by blowing up. Randomly it may explode in opponents face.

3% when thrown
6% when it explodes.

Shield
The shield is actually a great as a weapon, and mediocre as a shield. When using the shield no bubble actually appears. The Gundam pulls the shield up to his upper chest. After 100% worth of damage is done to the Shield (there’ll be a small percentage meter on top of the larger one), the shield loses its ability to block. When it gets hit after its limit, the shield breaks depending on what hit it I.E a sword slices it and a projectile and Ike’s sword shatters it. The Shield can be thrown as an item as well. Tilting in the direction and pressing the shield button causes Amuro to throw the Shield. Despite its non pointed appearance, it can do damage due to the speed it travels. If you spin the tilt, spin the control stick and press shield, the thrown shield will spin, causing double damage. As it is not a bash or a light spin, it does double of the other shield based attacks. It also cannot disappear like other items. The only way to get rid of the shield is to destroy it. The destroyed shield pieces litter the battle field.

MISC. Info

6% damage when thrown
12% when Spun.

Victory pose #1
"Told Ya"
The RX-78-2 legs can be seen in the background. Amuro then salutes to the crowd saying "Told ya Gundam was more than a hand to hand suit!"

Victory pose #2
Mission Accomplished
Amuro takes off his helmet. He then contacts white base. "Gundam to White Base. Mission Accomplished.

Victory Pose # 3
Better than any one.
Amuro stands in front of a the RX-78-2. He then gives the thumbs up saying, "See I told you I can pilot the Gundam better than any one."

Special Victory Pose
End of the OYW
Used when he unleashes Final Smash Phase IV. The wrecked RX-78-2 is seen in the background, missing its core block.

Lost Pose
M.I.A
The wrecked RX-78-2 is seen in the background with the Cockpit hatch open. Amuro is nowhere to be seen.

Snake Codec

Snake:OH MY GOD METAL GEAR!
Otacon: OH MY GOD THE GUNDAM!
Snake: Gun..Gundam? Is this some new weapon you made before Metal Gear?
Otacon:No not really. The Gundam is the title name giving the RX-78-2 Prototype mobile suit created by the Earth Federation. Its an otaku thing Snake..don't want to bore you. But be careful. The Gundam is piloted by Amuro Ray. He's a Newtype.
Snake: A newtype? What the heck is that.
Otacon: Well according the to Database, its the next stage in Human evolution. Having more reflexes, response time and even psychic powers!
Snake: Well that great. A few neck twist on that Amuro fellow and after this battle is over I'm grabbing a burger..
Otacon: WAIT! SNAKE I'M BEING SER---

Any Gundam fans will cry at the Burger comment

Kirby Hat
thankfully Scott from VG Cats did this one

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
PPL13's Qualms, Concerns, and Compliments

Well...Revolver Ocelot. I should have seen this coming.

It's a GREAT set overall, but the only real problem is some of the grammar.

..........................................................................................................................................................

Megaman

Well I definitely saw this coming. It was inevitable after Roll and Protoman.

I would review it, but I can't read it. The typewriter font is difficult to read.

...........................................................................................................................................................

Gundam Skeleton Set

Good base and idea to start with, but more detail. That's the only problem with the set.

............................................................................................................................................................

That does it for this edition of PPL13's Qualms, Concerns, and Compliments

P.S. Warlord, what about my King K.Rool review?​

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
P.S: You forgot the dash attack, Up Air and Up throw. What I would I also suggest is using a different colour for the headings (Tilts, smashes etc), and a different colour for the attack name (B-air, Down smash etc), but use the same colours through out, and maybe making the name of the character bigger as well.

D

Deleted member

What, MYM5 started and no one told me? Dang you all! ;)

To be on-topic, Kupa, Arthur was effin' epic, especially his Final Smash. :)

I'll start working on my link-up space.

Darkslash

Smash Master
P.S: You forgot the dash attack, Up Air and Up throw. What I would I also suggest is using a different colour for the headings (Tilts, smashes etc), and a different colour for the attack name (B-air, Down smash etc), but use the same colours through out, and maybe making the name of the character bigger as well.
As I said it's a skeleton post. Touching up today. But not right now because its 6:30 in the morning and I'm not on my P.C. I may have to dump alot of photos..

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance an orange elephant on Chirstmas, a
Make Your Move 4 Works

( Really didn't place in the Top 50 )

( Placed 37th in the Top 50 )

( Didn't place in the Top 50 )

Make Your Move 5 and 6: The Trophy Master's Link-Up Space!

Story Mode​

Make Your Move 5 and 6 Story Mode : All Around the Worlds

-- Thread Version ---- Blog Version --

Completed Movesets​

Started Movesets​

Planned Movesets​

The Trophy Master ( OC )

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Kayoay, so I've done a bit more reading...

Edward: An interesting 'set, TWIL. I note that, as is the norm with you, the Specials are pretty dang special while the rest of the moveset is a bit plain - but not quite bland, so kudos to you. You're a fan of those big one-for-each-character Neutral Specials, they're in every other moveset you make nowadays! Anyway, you pulled it off well here, it's a lot of fun to read. Good organization, too, although you're missing some capitals in a lot of attack names.

Disaster: Wow, an (almost) underdetailed frogman moveset! Shocks! Anyway, it was much easier for me to read than most of your movesets, although I do feel it's not quite as outrageous-creative as most of your work. The mechanic is complicated but cool enough. The organization sort of works, although to me, you have little enough detail that you can afford to shrink the headers - I'd save them for Battalion Army or some such hugely detailed moveset. I don't like how you put the Specials at the end. I know what Kibble and Spade and others think about suspense and whatnot, but the Specials set the tone for the character, and with them at the end, the reader can't really picture the character as they read it.

Revolver Ocelot: Very cool moveset indeed. It puts me in mind of Mendez's Grey Fox, way back when. Lots of creative moves, easy to read - although there should probably be some color on attack names to make it easier to sift through, there's a LOT of bolded white text in there.

Still haven't read Ratchet and Clank or Megaman.EXE. Will do so a bit later.

...Also, why am I pretty much the only one commenting on movesets, here? Come on, folks, get reading!

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Disaster: Wow, an (almost) underdetailed frogman moveset! Shocks! Anyway, it was much easier for me to read than most of your movesets, although I do feel it's not quite as outrageous-creative as most of your work. The mechanic is complicated but cool enough. The organization sort of works, although to me, you have little enough detail that you can afford to shrink the headers - I'd save them for Battalion Army or some such hugely detailed moveset. I don't like how you put the Specials at the end. I know what Kibble and Spade and others think about suspense and whatnot, but the Specials set the tone for the character, and with them at the end, the reader can't really picture the character as they read it.
Hehehe, we can't do right from wrong, people like suspense, some people like it straight from the start. Well, I'll keep the huge headers for Battalion Army, they're 10,000 words long, but 5,000 of them are on the specials alone so :dizzy:

Oh yeah, BTW, I've put the "Special/Key moves" first in Battalion Army, which is just so that you get the details of the units and the commanding of the units. At least it's not as draining as it would have if I'd cut the detail in Dr Robotnik, but laziness got the better of me :bee:

I need to use :bee: more

EDIT: Too think of it, Undead Hero had a few generic moves to boot, and it placed better than AOSTH Robotnik, which was just purely about Creativity (and it somehow developed a playstyle which I didn't see lol)

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings

I noticed that too, but I didn't mention it it because it wasn't a full set. That was a good point, though.

Also, Trophy, Can't wait for your OC. I'm actually going to switch out Rexis for my own other OC/ Self-Insertion. I'm drawing a picture of him right now.

...Also, why am I pretty much the only one commenting on movesets, here? Come on, folks, get reading!
Well...

Edward Elric: *squee* I've been waiting for this set! Organization is great. Capitalization needs to be improved on, as K.Rool said. Also, yes, a bit plain. Great set, though!

Disaster: I already commented.

Revolver Ocelot: I alredy commented, but yes, the set seems to switch between walls of white, tan, and grey text. Could you fix that? That's a bit boring.

Again, I cannot read Megaman. Sorry, I can't comment.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord

--- RATCHET (AND CLANK) ---

Whoa, Ratchet is an awesome moveset. I like the attacks and everything. I have to say though, it's not your best moveset, but it's still a great one.

Gah....my eyes.....like heck. Seriously, change the text to a READABLE text. I don't care if it fits the character. Otherwise, from a skim, it's a good moveset.

Yay, Gundam! Like mostly everyone said, it could use a bit more detail, but overall, nice job! Hope to see finished version.

Edward: An interesting 'set, TWIL. I note that, as is the norm with you, the Specials are pretty dang special while the rest of the moveset is a bit plain - but not quite bland, so kudos to you. You're a fan of those big one-for-each-character Neutral Specials, they're in every other moveset you make nowadays! Anyway, you pulled it off well here, it's a lot of fun to read. Good organization, too, although you're missing some capitals in a lot of attack names.
Ahh....Thanks K.Rool. Edward will probably my only One for each character moveset. Glad that you enjoyed it :bee:

Smady

Smash Master
Awesomeness.

Link-up space? Perhaps. I'll be doing Raiden & Solidus [seperately] and posting it sometime in the next week. So late to this one - it is becoming like a tradition.

Smady

Smash Master

K. ROOL

"WHHHHHHYYYYY NOOOOOOOTTTTT?!?" -K. Rool's reaction to not being in Brawl
Good, obviously. The amazing amount of detail - the different movesets especially have me taken aback in terms of actually reading this one, I'll come back to it later. At a skim, looks like the standard MW, which is by no means a bad thing.

"Your eyes should still be free. Open them, and gaze upon true terror!"
GOLBEZ
joins the Smash!

This is very good, but I see you had some of the problems I had when trying to create Garland. Big character, not all that much material to use, etc... despite that, it's still really good and a great opener for you. Golbez is an awesome character, I'm glad to see him represented, although I'm sure you know this already. :chuckle:

That's all for now. I'll comment on movesets past these two later today, but I'm very happy with the early squirtings of this thread. Golbez > Guntz, K. Rool > Cortex & Tiny possibly; needs time to affirm.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
flyinfilip's feelins

Well, I just read through 5 movesets one after the other (so...long :urg:): K. Rool, Golbez, Edward, Disaster, and Arthur. They were all written very intricately and obviously a lot of work was put into each. Here are some of my initial quick thoughts on each of them:

King. K. Rool - Very cool moveset, MW. This one was a little easier to read, layout-wise, than some of your other sets. All the attacks were fun and seemed very practical and easy to picture, and it seems like you went out of your way to give each one some special detail. That's not bad or anything, though, as it gives K. Rool a very distinct flavor. A few moves were a little unclear to me though, such as Neutral B (how the move is actually inputted is a bit unclear) and FSmash (an anvil just...appears?). I like DSmash for some reason, and the Final Smash is very cool as well. Overall, a really cool and fun set. :bee:

Golbez - Nice one here, Spadefox! Move descriptions were very concise and flowed well, and allowed me to picture each one just fine. One thing I noted though, was that there was barely and physicality in the moveset at all. It's not really a drawback or anything, and it would probably look very flashy and cool, but I just thought a big, evil-looking guy like Golbez might have some physical strength to him as well. A few moves I took note of include the neutral special (do the nodes disappear automtically after firing?) and the Up Special. Does the Up Special only affect Golbez? It'd be kinda cool if it affected people above/below him as well, maybe to get some nice kills off the top of the screen with his newfound floatiness. How high can he jump while he's floaty (Bunny Hood-height?)? Overall, though, a great moveset. :bee:

Edward Elric - Great job here, TWILT! I liked the visuals, they're worth a thousand words. The moves were very practical sounding and easy to imagine being used in a fight. The neutral B is fun, though the side special seems...a little useless. Overall, the special moves are very unique and fun, and the normal moves seem to work just fine. One thing I noted though: In what direction does the highly charged DSmash send the opponent when it hits? It wasn't clear in the description, and I was just wondering. Great set, though, seemed very fitting to the character. :bee:

Disaster - Cool concept for a character, DFM. A lot of his moves seemed to be just fine. One thing though, is that I felt that the effect descriptions in the beginning of the moveset felt out of place. And call me dense, but...when do the effects actually come into play? I think I might've overlooked it somewhere. I know they're affected by the time on the clock, but does a certain move activate them, or what? (I apologize if maybe I just missed it somehow.) (Reading so many huge movesets in a row is exhausting!) The Dtilt attack was also confusing to me; I didn't exactly gather how the attack worked. Also, in the Nair: what does "reeve" mean? The moveset is creative, and cool overall, however. Good job! :bee:

Arthur - What a wonderful kind of day! Arthur's cool and all, but I guess this moveset is based more on Poops than the character himself. That said, personally, the moveset didn't really flow together well for me. Every attack using some sort of prop left a me a little dazed, and I couldn't really picture Arthur fighting in a game very well. However, everything was very well-written and described otherwise. The moveset just personally didn't appeal to me much. No offense though; it's apparent you worked a lot on it. Also: seven seconds is way too long for a good effect for the Neutral B. I commend your work, however. :bee:

*phew* Well, that's it for now. I hope I'll get to the rest of the movesets later today, or some time later on. I need to recover. :urg: Cheers!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Golbez - Nice one here, Spadefox! Move descriptions were very concise and flowed well, and allowed me to picture each one just fine. One thing I noted though, was that there was barely and physicality in the moveset at all. It's not really a drawback or anything, and it would probably look very flashy and cool, but I just thought a big, evil-looking guy like Golbez might have some physical strength to him as well.
Golbez is a warlock. A magician. I have no idea why everyone keeps assuming he is a heavyweighted strong-hitter like Ganon just because he wears armor.

A few moves I took note of include the neutral special (do the nodes disappear automtically after firing?)
Yes.

and the Up Special. Does the Up Special only affect Golbez? It'd be kinda cool if it affected people above/below him as well, maybe to get some nice kills off the top of the screen with his newfound floatiness. How high can he jump while he's floaty (Bunny Hood-height?)? Overall, though, a great moveset. :bee:
Only works on himself, if on others he has to use DThrow. The floaty jump compared to the Bunny Hood pretty makes sense as it removes weight pretty much, as well, so yes. Around Bunny Hood height.

This is very good, but I see you had some of the problems I had when trying to create Garland. Big character, not all that much material to use, etc... despite that, it's still really good and a great opener for you. Golbez is an awesome character, I'm glad to see him represented, although I'm sure you know this already. :chuckle:
Where do you get I had such a problem? I took several moves from Dissidia and FFIV, and the rest just filled themselves up. I never had a problem with Golbez' moves. Like, at all.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
flyinfilip's feelins
Disaster - Cool concept for a character, DFM. A lot of his moves seemed to be just fine. One thing though, is that I felt that the effect descriptions in the beginning of the moveset felt out of place. And call me dense, but...when do the effects actually come into play? I think I might've overlooked it somewhere. I know they're affected by the time on the clock, but does a certain move activate them, or what? (I apologize if maybe I just missed it somehow.) (Reading so many huge movesets in a row is exhausting!) The Dtilt attack was also confusing to me; I didn't exactly gather how the attack worked. Also, in the Nair: what does "reeve" mean? The moveset is creative, and cool overall, however. Good job! :bee:
For mechanic, press down-b after the "Ding Dong" sound, this is said underneath the effects. If you don't use it in the 10 second time limit, the mechanic resets, and you would've missed your chance of using this.

D-tilt: The longer you hold down the button input, the higher the lava pushes the platform up into the sky, and when you let go, and anyone underneath the falling platform is metoer smashed

N-air: I was using it in the term "Reeving in and out", you can move around in the air better than normal!

Thanks for reading and commenting on it!

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
(SHELLDER)

(#90)

Shellder is the pre-evolution of Cloyster. A rather random Water-type Pokemon, it's nothing special in terms of stats, with good defense but poor everything else. It has no attacks that are its and its alone, although it has a bunch of rare ones like Clamp and Withdraw.

According to the ever-handy Pokedex:

Its hard shell repels any kind of attack. It is vulnerable only when its shell is open.

Clamping on to an opponent reveals its vulnerable parts, so it uses this move only as a last resort.

It swims facing backward by opening and closing its two-piece shell. It is surprisingly fast.

(OVERVIEW)

Shellder is very, very different from other characters. Firstly, his movement on the ground is pathetic. Seriously, it's negligible, he can hardly move at all. His aerial mobility, however, is impressive, and he has ways to pop up off the ground while propelling himself forward at the same time.

Shellder also has the ability to crouch cancel. Just like in Melee, albeit to a greater extreme, his crouch sees him ducking into his shell and therefore taking reduced knockback from any and all hits.

Playing Shellder is all about mastering his rather unique ways of moving around. It's certainly not all about simply running at the foe and occasionally shorthopping hits. His moveset is just as much about mobility as it is about survival.

(ANIMATIONS)

(IDLE)
Shellder is totally still, his tongue lolling out. Not the most exciting fellow, is he?

(WALK)
Shellder edges forward by hopping in tiny bounds. Almost no movement at all, a waste of time. At least it makes tilts easy to pull off.

(RUN)
Shellder vibrates to move forward ever so slightly quicker. Absolutely pathetic movement speed, hard to even notice. Again, this is what makes Shellder different, and so tough to use.

(CROUCH)
Shellder scrunches down, pulling in his tongue and hiding his soft innards. This is really easy to come into, and cuts knockback almost in half. Vital, vital; use this at every moment you spend on the ground, which, admittedly, shouldn't be too often.

(STATS)

Shellder's stats are a batch of extremes.

• He's a heavy little fellow, equalling Wario despite his size...
  • Which is tiny. He's as big as Kirby.
  • He doesn't trip, simply. Here, note; he can't turn without the aid of an attack.
  • Shellder has next to no firepower. He relies on great gimping and a few finishers for his KOs.
  • His run... less said, the better.
  • He actually falls fairly quickly.
  • As for jumping, his first jump is weak, very weak, but his second is a powerhouse that propels him as far horizontally as you'd ever want to go. For that initial boost, you'll need an attack.

A rather odd character, is Shellder. Getting used to him definitely takes some practice.

(MOVESET)

(SPECIALS)

Neutral Special - Clamp (Shellder suddenly opens his mouth a bit wider before slamming it shut. This is a quick motion, lasting about 0.4 seconds. Its hitbox is right over Shellder. However, if you pull it off, Shellder will literally clamp onto the foe, clinging persistently. They can still move while you're Clamping them; however, you have almost as much control over their character. In other words, you're controlling them as well, and can try to get them to leap off the edge, effectively Shellciding. However, you're also meant to keep them from effectively attacking you while you cling; Shellder won't take damage, but if hit properly, he'll go flying off like a Pikmin, ending your Clamp. As long as you cling, they take 2% a second, so it's a nice damage racking machine if you can read their motions.)

Forward Special - Bubblebeam (Shellder suddenly expells a heavy stream of bubbles, that continue coming out while you hold down the button. The vast majority pop soon after leaving Shellder's soft insides, but about three will always linger a platform away or so, swelling to about Shellder's size and hanging around, drifting forward slowly. These stay for about five seconds before popping. The short-range foamy ones do small, flinchless multiple hits, and so are pretty poor. But the big ones, after fully forming, can ensnare a foe and leave them helplessly drifting within until they pop. This gives you a perfect opportunity to leap and strike, or a nice defensive manuever.)

Up Special - Icicle Spear (Shellder, after half a second's pause, fires anywhere from two to five short icicles in quick succession. These fly out shockingly fast, in whatever direction you tilt the control stick. Upon contact with a foe, they vanish, dealing 6% with a 15% chance of freezing. This is also a recovery, in that they stick into wall and sweetspot ledges, and also stick into each other. This, combined with Shellder's much reduced fall speed when using it, makes it easy enough to toss up to five icicles straight at the ledge, extending it dramatically, and making it easy to grab it. Just make sure you get out of there, quick, because they simply fall off and away into nothingness after five seconds. This, of course, is a great horizontal recovery and not too poor an attack, albeit a bit luck-based.)

Down Special - Iron Defense (A small spark of light shines on Shellder's carapace. As long as you hold the B button, Shellder's totally immune to any and all knockback and damage, pretty much having super armor. It comes out the second you use it and has no ending lag. What, then, is the drawback? Well, after about two seconds of holding the button, the shield will fail. It's random exactly when it happens, as you're usually safe for about the first second. Afterward, though, it's up in the air. What's more, the more you use it, the greater the chances of it failing more quickly, even under the first second. After three uses in a single stock, you can't even be sure it'll work when you first use it. Perilous, but a brilliant attack.)

(STANDARDS)

Jab Combo - Foam Burst (Shellder begins foaming at the mouth! The more you tap, the more froth escapes Shellder, going slightly behind and up but mostly forward, and can extend up to a Battlefield platform forward, after which continuing to tap won't do anything in particular. This foam deals flinching knockback but no damage upon contact with anyone but Shellder, and lingers for about eight seconds before popping. A handy stalling manuever, and since the foam conceals Shellder, it's easier to get in close and pull off a Clamp.)

Dash Attack - Leap (Lest we forget, Shellder's run is a slow waddle with barely any discernable forward momentum. His dash attack, however, has him suddenly slamming the ground with his tongue, causing his entire body to be catapulted forward like a faster version of Wario's jump. This counts as a first jump, and leads right into a second or an aerial. Although it can only be used from the ground, it's a great way of getting Shellder up into the air where he has some mobility.)

(TILTS)

Forward Tilt - Scuttle (Shellder turns and faces the screen head-on abruptly. Wobbling from side to side like a crab, he moves rapidly forward a set distance, about as far as a Battlefield platform. This is strictly for mobility, although he has super-armor throughout and his body is a weak hitbox that pushes foes up and deals 4%. It's one of his best ways of moving about on the ground, and comes out quickly enough to keep the foe guessing.)

Back Tilt - Scuttle (Remember, Shellder can't turn on his own, and therefore has a Back Tilt. This, however, is essentially identical to his Forward Tilt, but moving in the other direction. It also turns him around. This will mostly be used for that purpose, but the true virtue of these two attacks is that they look exactly the same in terms of animation.)

Up Tilt - Rain Dance (Shellder has a... blowhole? Yep, and a small fountain spurts suddenly out of his back, about as high as Bowser, causing water to rain down all around the little fellow, at least a platform either way out. This attack lasts as long as you hold down the button, creating more and more water. The purpose of the water? Why, it makes the terrain slippery, of course! Foes are very likely to slip on it - and I remind you, Shellder does not trip. This is a fairly speedy attack, but even its minimum duration is pretty long; a dashing foe is likely to slip on their way in, but an aerially approaching one should be able to hit Shellder out of it.)

Down Tilt - Protect (A small bubble of energy, resembling his shield, materializes around Shellder as he crouches in his shell. This bubble absorbs 10% of damage before shattering, causing Shellder to take the damage absorbed. Either way, it greatly reduces knockback until it breaks, and Shellder can move around freely while it's in effect, attacking. A vital tool in his arsenal, as it comes out so quickly.)

(SMASHES)

Forward Smash - Hydro Pump(This one's strange among smash attacks in that you can store what you've charged. Max charge time is about 5 seconds, and pressing the Shield button stores it so you pick up again next time you do the button input. The attack itself is a great torrent of water issuing from inside Shellder. At minimum charge, it's thin and sad, but still goes as far as Smashville, dealing 5%. At max charge, it's a wide, thick beam, going the length of Final Destination and dishing out a single, big hit of 16%. Good knockback, as good as any of Shellder's attacks.)

Up Smash - Ice Shard (A spinning shard of ice forms beneath Shellder as he charges. Upon releasing, it slowly rises, spinning all the while a certain length of time before shattering. With minimum charge, it goes about two blocks up at a slow speed. At max charge, it goes three blocks up at a good pace. Shellder can jump off of it at any moment, making this a good way to get up and use your Down Air properly. After its rise is done, the shard shatters, dealing 12% and okay knockback to anyone in the vicinity, including Shellder, so make sure you back off before that.)

Down Smash - Bubble (While you charge, Shellder blows a bubble. This one, however, surrounds Shellder himself. When you release, you have great control over where he goes, like in Pit's Up B. Move him up, down, side to side, there's no limits until you pop the bubble by pressing another button or until anywhere from two to four seconds are up and it pops on its own. Or, of course, someone hits you out of it. This is great for giving you some additional mobility, or getting you out of a tight spot.)

(AERIALS)

Neutral Aerial - Withdraw (Pressing A once immediately toggles Withdraw, which, aside from having Shellder retract entirely into this shell, causes the same glowing pink bubble that shielding does - only in the air. Its capacity to take hits is considerably smaller, and you have to press A again to turn it off, but otherwise, it's essentially an aerial shield. Note that by tapping twice quickly, you can powershield. This is cancelled as soon as you hit the ground. Pressing B while in Withdraw state will cause Shellder to immediately use Neutral B, Clamp; this is your quasi-aerial-grab. You're going to be relying on this more than his regular shield; he has better defensive options on the ground, and not so in the air.)

Forward Aerial - Locomotion (Waving his tongue through the air before him, Shellder causes himself to go rocketing in a backwards direction, about the distance of a platform, and beyond strictly on momentum. He moves quickly, and his body is a weak hitbox dealing 5%. The arc is slightly upwards at first before going further down, causing him to lose a visible amount of height each time he uses it; regardless, it's a great way of moving him around through the air and of approaching, especially when chained into something else.)

Back Aerial - Negative Locomotion (Identical to his Forward Aerial, except that he speedily turns in midair and thrusts himself forward rather than back. This obviously results in him changing direction, which, as we know, is a challenge for the little guy. In all other senses, it's the same attack; the combination of the two makes him incredible at horizontal shuffling and mindgames.)

Up Aerial - Aurora Beam (Shellder spews a small ball of light, shimmering all the colors of the rainbow. This follows him, floating just above him, during the duration of its hitbox, which does 4% on contact with little knockback. About a second after he creates it, it bursts, breaking into three circular waves that descend and, on their way to the ground, encircle Shellder briefly. These rainbow waves are each high-priority hitboxes that deal a solid 12% with some okay knockback; they're great at repulsing foes trying to approach Shellder, if you time it. They disappear as soon as they pass Shellder. Since Shellder can attack while the ball is overhead, chaining this into a Locomotion that brings you face-to-face with a foe is a great manuever.)

Down Aerial - Waterfall (This is Shellder's most important aggressive tactic. With little start-up, he turns and points himself down, and then spews a wide blast of water, which covers a greater space the higher up Shellder is when he uses it. This water causes flinching knockback to anyone caught in its spray, 1% per hit, with enough hits to deal about 14% without giving a trapped foe a chance for reprisal. There's a spot of wind-down lag, so speedy opponents with solid jumps can punish him after.

There are two interesting twists to this one: firstly, if you rapidly spin the control stick while the attack is being used, Shellder will spin, extending the hitbox but also spreading the water, so less damage is dealt to foes caught in its range. Secondly, if an Aurora Beam is used right before this, so that the waves of ice energy radiate just as Shellder spews the water, it'll be replaced by a shower of ice shards. Aside from doing more damage - up to 16%! - these each have a 10% chance of freezing. With that many shards, the chance of a brief freeze is high, protecting Shellder during his wind-down lag. An Up Smash into an Up Aerial into this is probably Shellder's most spammable technique.
)

(THROW)

Grab - Freeze (Oh, so Clamp as an aerial grab isn't enough for you, eh? Well, Shellder's ground grab is a bit strange, and tricky to land. Upon using it, Shellder teeters back, leaving a small icy spot where he was standing. This lingers for five seconds. If a foe walks over it, they're essentially turned into an ice scupture, frozen helplessly (although they can escape by button mashing). Hurry back! Only while they're frozen in this way can Shellder take advantage! If you bump into them while they're in this state, they'll go sliding off like a crate or something. Bumping into them hard enough - say, with a Locomotion or a Scuttle - while they're too damaged to mash successfully and close enough to the edge - why, you don't need me to tell you that's an easy KO. That's it; Shellder has no throws.)

(FINAL SMASH)

Final Smash - Icescape (WHOA! Strange weather afoot. Suddenly, the whole of the stage is coated in ice! What this means for Shellder is that he's even more mobile than most other characters; his increased capacity for sliding means he's as quick as Fox, here! Meanwhile, other characters have horrible traction and are tripping all over the place, and have 20% chance of freezing any given second.

That's not all, though. All water-based attacks are suddenly ice-based attacks. Bubble attacks spew blocks of ice with increased power, and damage-dealing on contact. Rain Dance rains down shards, as does Waterfall. Hydro Pump becomes Blizzard! This means its charge time is reduced AND it has highly increased knockback and damage! Discovering all the joyous ways in which this change improves Shellder's moveset is part of the thrill.

This lasts 18 seconds, for although Shellder can be damaged throughout, he is highly souped up offensively, and lest we forget, he has more than enough up his sleeve defensively to use that aggro boost to trample the unhappy foe.
)

(PLAYSTYLE)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shellder? How zany is he, right? Like, 50% of his moves don't even do any damage, and those that do have weak knockback! That's a gimmick character, K.Rool. Give him all the crouch cancelling and weird grabbing you want, he's still garbage.

WRONG ATTITUDE. *shoots*

Yes, Shellder requires some major adaptations. With him, you have to put emphasis on simply moving around. Yes, he's frustrating to play against, because he can defend in pretty much any scenario and darts around so much that just hitting him becomes a major task.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At rest, Shellder has several things he can do to stop an approach dead in its tracks. See an attack coming? Down B, Iron Defense, to nullify it entirely, although this becomes unreliable after the first few uses. Until then, it's great, so just make sure your uses of it are planned. Neutral A for those pesky dash attacks, no way to get through that without going up into the air. Up Tilt serves much the same purpose, as they're bound to trip on all that water you're kicking up. Down Tilt? Of course! Use it at every available moment as insurance for when you send in your OWN offensive. Still got some time? Down Smash! Once you're in that bubble, the sky's the limit, quite literally. If all else fails, crouch. Crouch at every available moment. Always. Just like Melee, but even more.

Once you realize all the myriad defenses you have, you'll realize your real challenge is going to be dishing it out. Here, your mobility is put to the test. Although a skilled Shellder can stay still all day and not really be dealt too much damage, that won't get you anywhere. Scuttle is mindgames, Locomotion is mindgames. Use both to the fullest. A great way to initiate a turnabout is with an Up Smash; get yourself up high before raining justice upon them! Alternately, chain a Dash Attack into a Locomotion; this pretty much covers a small stage in a split second! The foe will soon realize the seemingly helpless Shellder can go anywhere at any time. Once they know that, they know true fear.

So move around. Keep them worrying. Go Locomotion into Negative Locomotion; it doesn't get you anywhere, but it psyches them out. Scuttle back and forth. Do your thing. It'll just make it easier when the time to attack comes around.

And when does that come? Ahhh. One of the most overlooked ways to start an attack is with Bubblebeam. It's an unpredictable attack, but it leaves the foe in a tough position. From there, rapid Uairs is probably the best ways to rack it up, although simply hurtling into them with Locomotion can, at lower %s, juggle them right off the stage. Dair is great for racking it up, as has been mentioned, and never forget Icicle Spear, one of his fastest and most ranged damaging options.

There aren't many of them, but they're all solid and unpredictable enough for you to keep mixing it up and changing your game. But the most important of all? CLAMP. Simply Clamp. Clamp does damage at an alarming rate, and isn't tricky for a skilled Shellder to pull off, especially against short-range foes.

And then the chance to finish comes. Two trickier options are Clamp and suicide (although that's risky and doesn't work against good foes) and Freeze-kick. The latter is interesting as a KO option, but on the whole, freezing them is better for setting you up for a better string of attacks. No, your two major ways are going to be a big Hydro Pump, built up over time - for tis quite a brutal attack - and gimping. Shellder has his Uair for gimping, and don't forget that Locomotion moves you while also turning you into a hitbox; the most feared Shellder tactic is the off-the-stage Leap into Locomotion (KOing the foe) into Negative Locomotion to grab the ledge and pull yourself back to safety.

Now, when the tables are turned, things get more tricky. Shellder's recovery is decent enough if you're lucky and if you're going horizontally; a few Locomotions or Negative Locomotions cover a great distance. But beware, as it's a low-priority, predictable hitbox, and gimping Shellder - whether he's soaring or creating a bridge of Icicles - is the easiest thing in the world. No, rely on your defenses to keep you on the mainland, for all your aerial prowess is pulled out from under you once you leave terra firma.

In the end, it all comes down to staying safe. Shellder lacks many things that other characters take for granted, but makes up for it by having some truly unusual patterns of movement and an ironclad defense. Once the foe realizes that approaching you is a vain move and not approaching means that any second you could be bearing down on them - that's when the match is in the bag. That's what it means to master Shellder.

(EXTRAS)

(TAUNTS)

• Shellder flips upside down and clatters it shell a few times. Ooookay...
  • Shellder faces the screen and extends its tongue. Why, you little...
  • Shellder blows a bubble, then pops it with his tongue. How utterly random.

(POSES)

• Shellder is at first simply looking happily at the screen. Suddenly, to express its fondness, it begins foaming... and doesn't stop. The other characters and Shellder are soon half-covered in the stuff.
  • Shellder blinks twice. Wait for it... nothing else happens. Awww.
  • Shellder is dropped onto the screen by an unknown source. Totally withdrawn, he bounces several times, then clatters to a stop and emerges, quite unharmed.

(MISC.)

• Entrance is the usual Pokemon entrance. Out pops a Pokeball, out pops Shellder, who comes out of his shell and prepares for battle.
  • When Kirby swallows him, he gains the ability to use Bubblebeam instead of Clamp, except with less bubbles. He gains a half-shell on top of his head and beneath him.
  • Victory theme!

~90​

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
^It's nice to see a moveset that's good without being 50 pages long. Shellder is a pretty cool guy. Good job! :bee:

SirKibble

Smash Champion
AAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M'kay, so Shellder. . . I love Shellder. Mucho love for his overly defensive style, and Water/Ice attacks are always just so much fun! :bee:

The Up Aerial --> Down Aerial combo would be too addicting not to try to pull off at least a few times a match, and I love how he relies on attacks like his F/B-Tilt for good movement.

I do have a couple of questions, though. Firstly, can he run backward? It's apparent from his possession of a B-Tilt that he can "walk" backward, but what about running? And if he can, then is his "Backward Dash Attack," if you will, something similar to his regular Dash Attack?

The other thing, is Bubblebeam. Does that "heavy stream of bubbles" go anywhere, or does it just foam up right in front of Shellder? And what about the lingering bubbles? I guess I was kind of expecting a range/distance statement there, so maybe I'm reading the move wrong. . .

BUT I LOVED IT!!

PS: The Grab is win.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Ahhh....Shellder. That is one sick moveset K.Rool.

Anyway, I really like the attacks, like the standard special and the down aerial. It seems that Shellder would be really fun to play as for me. Man, this Shellder moveset makes me want to catch one in my Pokemon games now lol.

Overall, Great job!! :bee:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
^It's nice to see a moveset that's good without being 50 pages long. Shellder is a pretty cool guy. Good job! :bee:
Thanks, Wizzerd! I did the overdetail thing, but now I'm always trying to make everything as concise as possible. Sometimes it makes me mess up, as Kibble pointed out.

I'm like the new Mendez. :ohwell:

AAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M'kay, so Shellder. . . I love Shellder. Mucho love for his overly defensive style, and Water/Ice attacks are always just so much fun! :bee:

The Up Aerial --> Down Aerial combo would be too addicting not to try to pull off at least a few times a match, and I love how he relies on attacks like his F/B-Tilt for good movement.

I do have a couple of questions, though. Firstly, can he run backward? It's apparent from his possession of a B-Tilt that he can "walk" backward, but what about running? And if he can, then is his "Backward Dash Attack," if you will, something similar to his regular Dash Attack?

The other thing, is Bubblebeam. Does that "heavy stream of bubbles" go anywhere, or does it just foam up right in front of Shellder? And what about the lingering bubbles? I guess I was kind of expecting a range/distance statement there, so maybe I'm reading the move wrong. . .

BUT I LOVED IT!!

PS: The Grab is win.
YAY! Glad you liked it, Kibble. For the running backward thing... I don't think so, actually. Maybe I'll drop in some mention of it, but he's basically supposed to be unable to move back in any significant way unless he turns around by means of an attack.

As for Bubblebeam, I admit, I dropped the ball. Definitely needs more description; thinking back now, it's not even fully clear in my head. I'll fix that right up later today.

And the Grab... funnily enough, although I thought the idea was cool, it's mostly the way it is because I wanted an excuse to not make throws. :bee:

Shellder looks good at a glance. I'll probably be the guy to review him, so I'll save my full thoughts for then. :bee:
I look forward to it, HR!

shellder is awesome. although yes, he seems like an irritating character to play against really; I can't really think of a primarily defensive character that was pulled off as well as shellder. protect & iron defense are great examples of that. I also love how the ftilt & btilt are used for movement. & ur playstyle sections put mine to shame... lol.

... this is my first post in MYM 5. There have been too many great movesets already for me to comment on all of them. I will say that ocelot is great for a newcomer set though. :)

...This could possibly become a link-up space, if I decide to actually do one.
:bee:
Well, thanks, silver. He would probably be really irritating to play against, against a good player, but eh, it's all theoretical, right? And I LOVE writing playstyle sections, I start typing and I just can't stop. Hopefully it shows.

Ahhh....Shellder. That is one sick moveset K.Rool.

Anyway, I really like the attacks, like the standard special and the down aerial. It seems that Shellder would be really fun to play as for me. Man, this Shellder moveset makes me want to catch one in my Pokemon games now lol.

Overall, Great job!! :bee:
Thanks, my Canadian bro! I love how I picked Shellder, of all Pokemon, simply because Baloo posted a picture of him in the group. Totally random and out of the blue. :bee:

Akiak

Smash Ace
Ah what a nice day for science!

There have been many movesets already, I haven't read them all yet, but I will soon. The most promising is probably Disaster, which I've been waiting for anxiously.
The Abyss is really cool looking, while the Sins are totally unexpected. Where's Mendez and Chris? I never heard them leaving, but maybe I just forgot :laugh:. Spade and Hyper though are definetely a great addition, and so is MarthT after that awesome Kumatora review back in MYM 4.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
I love Shellder. I admire your ability to make movesets for such underrated Pokemon, K.Rool. I would have never thought of giving Shellder a unique mechanic like that; even if I had, I probably couldn't have made it work at all. Sheesh, it's just...wow. I'm speechless that you stuck with such a hard-to-use mechanic throughout the entire set. He's a very unique character; I can easily imagine him in-game. Great work. :)

Course, now that Shellder's out and about, I'll have to wait a while to post Mia...no one wants two water-based sets in such close proximity to each other...

The Abyss is really cool looking, while the Sins are totally unexpected. Where's Mendez and Chris? I never heard them leaving, but maybe I just forgot :laugh:. Spade and Hyper though are definetely a great addition, and so is MarthT after that awesome Kumatora review back in MYM 4.
*Cough*

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Where's Mendez and Chris? I never heard them leaving, but maybe I just forgot :laugh:. [...] and so is MarthT after that awesome Kumatora review back in MYM 4.
We contacted Mendez to ask him if he wanted to stay as a Sandbag (respectively Sin) but he decided to resign. If you don't believe me, I can send you the eMail log.

Chris was removed because of the fact he reviewed only 10 or so movesets.

As for MT - he reviewed Kumatora AFTER he was assigned as last sin.

Akiak

Smash Ace
We contacted Mendez to ask him if he wanted to stay as a Sandbag (respectively Sin) but he decided to resign. If you don't believe me, I can send you the eMail log.

Chris was removed because of the fact he reviewed only 10 or so movesets.

As for MT - he reviewed Kumatora AFTER he was assigned as last sin.
I see. Are Chris and Mendez still participating in the contest tho?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
YAY! Glad you liked it, Kibble. For the running backward thing... I don't think so, actually. Maybe I'll drop in some mention of it, but he's basically supposed to be unable to move back in any significant way unless he turns around by means of an attack.
I see. Honestly, though, his "run" is of negligible speed, you say, so maybe it wouldn't hurt. Perhaps, though, if he was running backward and pressed the button, he'd just do his B-Tilt. I dunno, I'm just thinking out loud, I suppose, which is odd, because it's not even my moveset. :laugh:

As for Bubblebeam, I admit, I dropped the ball. Definitely needs more description; thinking back now, it's not even fully clear in my head. I'll fix that right up later today.
Understandable. I look forward to a more full description.

And the Grab... funnily enough, although I thought the idea was cool, it's mostly the way it is because I wanted an excuse to not make throws. :bee:
Well, it's better than the excuse I gave last contest for skipping Dyna Blade's grab/throws.

I think I like it even more because it reminds me of Ice Kirby. :kirby:

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I love Shellder. I admire your ability to make movesets for such underrated Pokemon, K.Rool. I would have never thought of giving Shellder a unique mechanic like that; even if I had, I probably couldn't have made it work at all. Sheesh, it's just...wow. I'm speechless that you stuck with such a hard-to-use mechanic throughout the entire set. He's a very unique character; I can easily imagine him in-game. Great work. :)

Course, now that Shellder's out and about, I'll have to wait a while to post Mia...no one wants two water-based sets in such close proximity to each other...

*Cough*
:bee:

Comments like this put a smile on my face. Thanks, Tanookie, and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much.

I see. Honestly, though, his "run" is of negligible speed, you say, so maybe it wouldn't hurt. Perhaps, though, if he was running backward and pressed the button, he'd just do his B-Tilt. I dunno, I'm just thinking out loud, I suppose, which is odd, because it's not even my moveset. :laugh:
Ahh, but if the run is so negligible and his Back Tilt is used whether or not he's running, does it even really matter? :bee:

I think I like it even more because it reminds me of Ice Kirby. :kirby:
I didn't get the idea from Kirby! Stop with the accusations! I AM NOT A CROOK! *shiftyeyes*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom