• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kishin

Smash Ace
I think it'd be good just so this place wouldn't be too crowded. I'll always have Ike as my second main to Marth. I'll be training Jigglypuff as my secondary and some other random characters I'm bad at can be my tertiaries. This will all be of course, after I start playing again. The Marth's aren't the only ones who have it, although it probably is the most successful.

So... what keeps you guys motivated? Do you guys all strive to get better? Or do you just play out of pure enjoyment? The two are probably inter-related in some way but whatever. How do you guys get out of being bored of brawl?

Palpi

Smash Hero
I am never bored with brawl. I can play for hours and hours. Explaining that statement, I can "kinda" play a lot of characters, I understand them, but I still suck lol, but whatever keeps me playing and getting better.

metroid1117

Smash Master
If you guys don't mind, I'm going to go ahead and make the thread. I'm honestly sick and tired of seeing separate threads of critiquing videos.
Er... would you mind if I made it? I have an idea for a system to make it easier for people to look up which posts have criticism pertaining to their video. The OP would look something like this:

Month Posted
Video Title (Date posted) - #X P1, #Y P2, #Z P3

X, Y, and Z pertain to what # post has critique for their video, and P1, P2, and P3 pertain to the author of that post. This is so that, like the videos, criticism does not get lost through the thread. I'll update the thread any time someone has new videos.

Do you guys approve of this system?

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Er... would you mind if I made it? I have an idea for a system to make it easier for people to look up which posts have criticism pertaining to their video. The OP would look something like this:

Month Posted
Video Title (Date posted) - #X P1, #Y P2, #Z P3

X, Y, and Z pertain to what # post has critique for their video, and P1, P2, and P3 pertain to the author of that post. This is so that, like the videos, criticism does not get lost through the thread. I'll update the thread any time someone has new videos.

Do you guys approve of this system?
Im all for it, but just so I understand, youll divide it up by user and beside each vid youll have the best criticism beside the vid?

metroid1117

Smash Master
Im all for it, but just so I understand, youll divide it up by user and beside each vid youll have the best criticism beside the vid?
I'm a little concerned of how much space the text will take, but that is a good idea; I'll probably leave the text there for a month or two, and then take it down to conserve space.

I'm making the thread now guys... don't hate me :(.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Oh well, no worries. Good thing I didn't make it yet XD.
Thats what worried me XD. GL managing the thread kimchi

EDIT: This has been bugging me for a while, but our Ike guides a bit dated and underdeveloped, and with no signs of an update, maybe its time for a new guide. If so Ill happily volunteer in its creation.

Kishin

Smash Ace
Fast-falled N-air vs. Non fast-falled N-air

Which is better? Non-fast falled N-air just ***** air dodges and can juggle opponents while fast-falled there is no lag for better set ups. I think Non fast-falled is A LOT better and it's really been ****** for me.

Btw, am I the only one who likes to back flip like mad with Ike? And then sometime later do a double jump -> B-air out of nowhere?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183

Which is better? Non-fast falled N-air just ***** air dodges and can juggle opponents while fast-falled there is no lag for better set ups. I think Non fast-falled is A LOT better and it's really been ****** for me.

Btw, am I the only one who likes to back flip like mad with Ike? And then sometime later do a double jump -> B-air out of nowhere?
back flip > bair hits crouching enemies.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
People can send the files through email, through wii mail, if you want to send the files through wii-code that's fine too, just IM me to add your info

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Lots of you are taking this very seriously. I feel bad about sending wifi replays, so I don't know what I'll do.

metroid1117

Smash Master

I think it depends on the situation; when you're facing a grounded opponent fast-falled NAirs are probably better because they leave less time for the opponent to attack you.

Playing with your back to your opponent is a good way to mix things up, since BAir is Ike's fastest (and one of his most feared) aerials.

Rykoshet said:
I finally have an SD so you can send me all your replays, you must specify whether or not you had tripping on.
Out of curiosity, why does it matter if we had tripping on or off?

I only have video files of my matches; would it be okay if I cut out the clips I'd like to be used, compiled them into a video, then upload it to Filefront so that you can download it? I'll specify what I thought would be good from each clip.

Also, are you accepting just offline footage, or online footage as well?

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
I think it depends on the situation; when you're facing a grounded opponent fast-falled NAirs are probably better because they leave less time for the opponent to attack you.

Playing with your back to your opponent is a good way to mix things up, since BAir is Ike's fastest (and one of his most feared) aerials.

I only have video files of my matches; would it be okay if I cut out the clips I'd like to be used, compiled them into a video, then upload it to Filefront so that you can download it? I'll specify what I thought would be good from each clip.

He never really specified that the footage would only be offline so naturally online would also be accepted.

just speed up the wifi scenes and make them look like they are offline;)
Not really the smartest thing to do. Better to be honest about the footage being online rather than speeding it up to "make" it look offline.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion

To replay trip-enabled replays, I need to keep tripping on. To replay no-tripping replays, I need the no-tripping code on.

Either offline or online is fine but the more offline the better.

And yeah you can do that as long as the video meets the resolution standards.

Kishin

Smash Ace
It could possibly be a side-effect from hacks.

The thing is that usually when I jump then they roll behind me and **** me. Fast falling N-air won't give you aerial control to get out of the way. They get punished for it when I do a F-air but when I do a FF N-air it gets punished. I could probably do a turn around jab or shield/sidestep before then but it's wi-fi so yeah...

I spam back flips just because it's fun. It helps with mix ups sure but I do it more so because back flipping is cool.

EDIT: Never mind about it being a side-effect from hacks. I think I just experienced it just now on Smashville.

It's not something with Falco grabbing the edge since I just got it to happen without anyone on the ledge or near it.

Wyvern-x

Smash Apprentice
That has happened to me before as well NL. I looked into it a while back but its impossible to land on the stage of grab the edge from what I could test.

Kishin

Smash Ace
I've only got it to work with an Aether facing the stage. It seems you have to DI away from the stage after you rise up from Aether at that certain part of the stage.

EDIT: I've kind of got the spacing down for it... If someone wants me to I can save a replay of me doing it a few times and send it to someone who can record a video to show case it maybe.

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I never knew what your avatar depicted before you mentioned it.

Also, the discussion isn't about a discovery per se, but as to why it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom