• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Lust was a great set, Warlord, though I feel that Gluttony is much better.

In particular, I liked the Down B and Side B
which needs to work on Zamus....
. I also liked the
codec
lengthy and creative extras.

You deserve credit for making a great set out of such a simple character.... especially considering she only has one attack.

Kris121

Smash Journeyman
I'm still stunned from that codec. It would be funny however if Masterwarlord simply copied and pasted the same extras from the other sets. Lol

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I'm still stunned from that codec. It would be funny however if Masterwarlord simply copied and pasted the same extras from the other sets. Lol
All of the Fullmetal Alchemist sets will have the same extras. This includes all of Warlord's FMA sets, TWILT's Edward, and my own Mustang set. It is a tradition started by MYM3's large number of Castlevania sets. It isn't copy-paste. Just uniformity.

D

Deleted member

I've seen some funny codecs, Warlord, but that one.

That was just messed up.

Funny, but messed up.

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Catching up on movesets...

# Ridley by drag0nscythe
Is this even complete? Looks alright for a beginner, I guess.
It is now hopefully. I started adding information to it Saturday, but ran out of time to finish it. I finished it today. I hope what I put is right. I still have a awful grasp of the Knockback and lag.

Smady

Smash Master
It is now hopefully. I started adding information to it Saturday, but ran out of time to finish it. I finished it today. I hope what I put is right. I still have a awful grasp of the Knockback and lag.
I read it just now, it's really quite good for a newcomer. You are indeed one of those promising go-getters that we've all been hearing about! You need to use more detail, colour and a more zesty presentation generally to improve, I think, but I like what I saw in Ridley. Better than my Ridley moveset from '07.

I'll read Lust and MT's SM tonight then comment.

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance an orange elephant on Chirstmas, a
@ Lust : Awesome Warlord, your best one so far. it was fun to see the different number of times the characters could react to the Side-B, and I liked to see Prof. Rowan's one! :laugh: Each move is overdetailed as always, and I'm happy you didn't forget the FInal Smash, cause many people have little Final Smashes, which makes me sad. :( But that moveset was so hilarious with his Codec than I now am happy! :) It was really good and I can't wait till your next work. Great set and thanks for the mood change in my head!

Daddy, you're gonna have a funny read with Lust, and an awesome one with TM ( Trophy Master ) 's MT ( Marth Trinity )'s Story Mode.

Akiak

Smash Ace
@Waluigi - I love it, every single attack is creative and well thought. Was a very fun read, Spade, definetely one of your best.

@Lust - While I still think Gluttony is better, this moveset couldn't be surpassed. I really love the side special, with the fun character list and all. Other moves were nice too like down Special and Down smash, but I've still got some moves left to read.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Updated Rosalina's moveset. Still being worked on though. Hopefully it'll be finished before the weekend.

Rosalina (moveset version 2)
While I think some of the attacks are decent, your moveset is lacking in description... 'feet' is a very vague term and in the realm of smash where some characters are disproportional, it doesn't mean much. I also don't know knockback, lag, and all that for many attacks.

It has potential... it just needs to be fleshed out more.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I enjoyed the FMA movesets, mostly because I'm a fan of the series myself. But the humunculus (Spelling?) got what they deserved. ^^

I'm getting started on my first moveset tonight, I'll flip a coin to see who goes first.

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
100th post!

Koopa is turning out to be the only one of the minions with a true "mechanic". Unfortunatly it's hard to explain how the Shell mechanic affects his dash without the reader having played New Super Mario Bros. Anyone want to help?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Lust's side special still needs to cause the game to automatically no contest when used on Samus. Of course, when this happens, Lust and Samus won't actually be on the No Contest screen but will instead be somewhere else.

Please make it do that?

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Lust's side special still needs to cause the game to automatically no contest when used on Samus. Of course, when this happens, Lust and Samus won't actually be on the No Contest screen but will instead be somewhere else.

Please make it do that?
In particular, I liked the Down B and Side B
which needs to work on Zamus....
. I also liked the
codec
lengthy and creative extras.
No way I could get away with it, sadly. . .The side special and codec are already pushing it as is, obvious from everybody's reaction.

Perhaps I can sneak in a tidbit about it being easily hackable to change the values of who can this can be used on?;)

As for the rest of ya, thanks for the praise. Glad you all liked it so much. I don't feel this particularly outclasses Gluttony or visa versa, I consider them on relatively even footing. Gluttony was posted first simply to go with Fatman.

And yes, FMA ftw. The rest of you here who haven't yet need to watch it.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Haven't posted many reactions to sets really but...

So far I've really loved Gluttony, Fatman and Waluigi.

Lust I liked but I felt like it was a weaker set compared to the other two amazing sets you've posted so far Warlord; can't wait to see what else you have to post though.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
ENVY

BACKGROUND

Envy returns, more true to character then ever! Clearly he was too underpowered last time, so this time he’s here to set things straight. He’s still heavy as all hell (Heavier actually), and now that blasted parasite form is removed. Furthermore, Envy heals all damage the moment after he takes it. Envy’s fall speed is also insane, though, so unfortunately he can be infinited. . .Or not, seeing his feet are a spiking hitbox as powerful as Ganon’s dair as he falls due to his weight, pitfalling anybody on the ground to boot. Good luck utilt juggling him now. . .Envy unfortunately has no aerials due to how fast he falls, but who cares about that? As for chain-grabs, Envy simply slides too far like Luigi to be chain-grabbed.

SPECIALS

Neutral Special – Envy
Envy turns into the foe, keeping all his weight and instant regeneration in-tact. Pressing Neutral Special again turns you back to normal. Now there’s no reason whatsoever not to pick Envy, as there should be.

Side Special – Walking Dead

Envy extends out an arm and begins to release a zombie out of his arm from his inner form. The zombies function just like Romero’s and Envy can make as many of them as he wants. If you use this button input with 15 zombies already summoned (Which only takes half a second), you swap to Romero’s moveset. Pressing S Spec again turns you back.

Up Special – Assassinate
Envy turns into a flea so small that it’s invisible for as long as you hold B. When you release B, Envy appears behind the foe and grabs them in a choke-hold, turning his arm into a blade and decapitating them for an instant KO. You’re also completely invulnerable like this and can stall forever while your zombies wreck the foe, and they can’t keep spot dodging forever. . .

Down Special – True Form
Envy hunches over, then expands very large very quickly. First he becomes a four legged creature, then his head becomes that of a beast, then zombies start oozing out of his sides. . .Charming. He’s quite a handsome fellow.

You can stay in this form forever, entirely invulnerable. You’re incapable of jumping, so make sure you activate the Down Special on the main part of the stage or else you’ll either be stuck and incapable of doing much, or possibly even kill yourself. Your movement is also very slow, half Ganon’s walk, so you’re somewhat stationary, making this best on small stages like Battlefield. Envy is the size of Dark Beast Ganon in this form.

Neutral Special – Devour
Envy sticks out a tounge made of flesh and zombies to try to devour somebody with it. This has little starting lag and goes half Final Destination from Envy, but if he misses he has to wait for his tongue to go back into his mouth like a tether grab with some lag (Though it’s not terrible). This has grab priority, which one wouldn’t think matters due to Envy being invulnerable, but it can interrupt foes from whatever they’re doing, save a dodge.

If he grabs someone, he’ll still do the whole animation, the foe no longer being visible as Envy’s devoured them. This doesn’t KO the victim, but they have no way of getting out unless Envy lets them out with his side or up special or the Down Special ends. Foes take 12% a second while inside Envy as they’re digested, and if they reach 150%, they get KOd.

Side Special – Vomit
Envy pukes forward a mass of puke a third the distance of Final Destination as tall as he is. This is very laggy, but does mass multiple hits to those caught in it that can potentially add up to 60%. This is very easy to DI out of, though, and when combined with the lag you’ll be lucky if you deal 30% with this. However; if you devoured anybody with your neutral special they’ll be puked up and be caught too deep in the vomit to avoid it, taking the full force of the attack.

Up Special – Chocolate Dropping
Envy grits his teeth as he looks skyward, eyes closed tightly and gripping into the ground. He looks quite constipated, to say the least. . .This causes a big brown ball of poop roughly the size of Bowser to appear behind Envy and roll the distance of Final Destination at a good speed, doing 20% and knockback that kills at 100%. This is VERY laggy and the animation gives you plenty of warning of the move, so this isn’t nearly as appealing as Envy’s other options.

If you’ve devoured a foe, though, they’ll be processed out in the poop, their arms, legs, and head sticking out of the poop. The wads of poop won’t disappear after going off a ledge and are affected by gravity, so if you devour somebody, go up against a ledge and face away from it, then use this move, there’s little your foe can do to escape this. Still, at low percents it’s quite possible to escape after a mere third of the ride is over, so this really is only an easy KO on walk offs.

Down Special – Spawn Zombies
Envy roars and shakes his sides violentely. This has no hitbox, but slowly causes the zombies to ooze out of his sides, one per second, which function just like when produced with his side special. This doesn’t cause Envy to take 15%, and they stick around after the Down Special is over, which means you can just absorb them back into yourself for healing. You could theoretically just sit around and spawn them in mass, but your foe would be likely to kill them off as you did if you left them unattended to.

STANDARDS

Standard Attack – Mewtwo
Envy turns into Mewtwo. Pressing Neutral A turns you back, but why would you want to? Not even Envy can question almighty god.

Dashing Attack – Human Surfboard
Envy does a grabbing motion with his arms forward as he continues to dash with average lag and below average range. This counts as a grab. If he doesn’t grab anyone, he keeps dashing like normal. If he does grab someone, he’ll toss them forward and jump on them, sliding forward on them. The first jump on the foe does 9%, and for each second the foe is slid on they take another 4%. Envy slides forward half the distance of Battlefield on the foe over 2 seconds, meaning this does a total of 16%. If Envy and his “surfboard” reach a pit before the ride’s over, Envy’ll automatically footstool them. Envy and the foe are a high priority hitbox as they slide forward that deal 10% and knockback that kills at 200% to foes aside from the main victim.

TILTS

Forward Tilt – Low Blow (Reused)
This is a two part combo like Snake's ftilt. The first hit of the move has Envy swings his arms forward with average range and bad priority. This does a mere 3%, but causes the foe to turn around as if hit by Mario's cape. Non existant start up lag, slight ending lag if you don't do the next hit of the combo.

The second hit is a fairly standard kick forward with weak set knockback and below average priority. This does 8%. If the foe is facing away from Envy, he'll literally kick their *** to knock them to the ground. If the foe IS facing Envy, he'll kick their crotch. This does below average knockback against female/genderless characters, but against males this will cause them to very slowly bawl over as they fall forward onto the ground. The perfect set up.

Up Tilt - Revelation
Envy turns to face away from the camera and extends out his arms and legs. He enters the pose with minimal lag but exits it with average lag, and he doesn’t hold it for long. If anybody comes up right next to Envy while he does this, he’ll grab them and kick them down to the ground for 7%. This has much better range above Envy, making it good for anti-air like most utilts. This counts as a grab.

After kicking the foe to the ground, he holds them down on the ground with a single foot due to his weight and puts his face up against his, holding the foe’s head and forcing them to look at him. The first time he uses this on the foe, he chuckles and asks “You REALLY wanna see?”. Whether or not he says the line, the sound of him transforming is heard and Envy laughs maniacally, coming up out of the pose. The foe is now lying now lying on their back, stunned out of shock/terror. God knows what Envy showed them. . .Let your imagination do the work.

Down Tilt – Serpent Form
Envy’s bottom half turns into that of a snake, turning him somewhat into the land equivalent of a mermaid (Or merman, whatever floats your boat). This lasts for as long as you’d like until you use the dtilt again, which turns you back to normal. While in serpent form, your jumping and running is increased, but your only methods of attacks are your regular neutral B and grab (Which is buffed when in this form, details later), and a generic neutral A and nair where you do tail whips with your new lower half with little lag, but also little priority, range, and power. Transforming in and out of this form is nearly lagless, and you can crawl while in this form, easily going under projectiles like Snake, but you move much faster.

SMASHES

Forward Smash – Dragon Form
Envy devours several philosopher’s stones

Up Smash – Bulk Up

Envy laglessly buffs himself up to resemble Manga Sloth, the only difference being he keeps his face in-tact. He has all the moves of Sloth, but due to not being lazy like Sloth he’s able to fully take advantage of his speed, giving all his moves 0.01 frames of lag. Use the usmash again to return to normal.

Down Smash – Living Armory
Envy generates a golden hammer that’s never squeaky out of nothing whether or not items are turned off. He also gains superarmor/anti-grab armor.

THROWS

Grab – Lying Snake
Envy turns his arm into a snake and reaches forward with it, the snake biting down once it reaches maximum range. The range is comparable to ZSS’ grab, and unlike most grabs of this kind there is very little start up lag, meaning this is actually usable. Should you miss, though, you have to deal with absurd ending lag that rivals the starting lag of Dedede’s fsmash, so you’ll be in for hell if you abuse this. This also functions as a tether should you actually need more recovery.

If you use this grab while in serpent form (The dtilt transformation), Envy’s head will turn into a snake’s and he’ll use that to perform the grab. While this decreases the range to be very small, it gives the grab barely any lag at all and allows you to continue moving while you perform it. In addition, foes grabbed in this manner will take 5% poison damage in the same manner as the dthrow.

Pummel – Breathless Anticipation
Envy swirls his snake arm around the foe, strangling them and trying to rob them of any air. You can hold this pummel down to keep it in constant effect. This does no damage, but makes it twice as hard to escape the grab while you’re pummeling, which can be useful to stall or to give time for the poison damage from your dthrow to accumulate.

If the foe manages to stay stuck in this state for 3 seconds, they’ll pass out from the lack of air and fall out of your grasp onto the ground, stunned for a good 2 seconds. You’ll have to get the foe to 100% or so before an average button masher will fall victim to this, but that’s the time you’ll be wanting the stun anyway to set up a KO.

Forward Throw – Philosopher’s Stone
Envy turns his arm not latched onto the foe into a blade and stabs into himself for 4% damage, then rips out one of his philosopher’s stones from himself, dealing another 16% to himself. 20% self damage? Seriously?

After getting the stone out of himself, he shoves it down the victim’s throat. This does an absolutely ridiculous 40% to them and knocks them to the ground, but in reality you’re only getting a 20% lead. Still, 20% is certainly nothing to scoff at. . .That makes Dedede’s throws look bad, right?

Once the foe has had a philosopher’s stone forced down their gullet, they’ll be holding their stomach in pain for an idle pose and will have half their normal movement speed and jump strength for 15 seconds. . .After this though, their body gets used to the stone and starts tapping into its power, causing them to regenerate 2% per second for the rest of their entire stock. This means that you can’t use this as a regular damage racking mechanism, the only time it’s particularly viable being when the 40% will put the foe into a viable KOing range.

This throw can be repeated as many times as you like, but the regeneration the foe gains from this attack can stack, which can quite potentially cost you the match. While this throw less laggy then it sounds, using it in a FFA risks you taking damage and being knocked out of the throw before laying a finger on the victim.

As an easter egg, If this throw is used on another homunculus such as Gluttony/Greed/etc, then they’ll skip straight to the regeneration and take no damage, so this is all but useless against them. However; in team battles you can keep spamming this to give your fellow homunculus ridiculous regeneration. Two Envies can’t use this on each other, unfortunately, as they’re just exchanging the same amount of stones.

Back Throw - Copycat
Envy transforms into the foe and uses the last throw they used on him. If he hasn’t been thrown by the victim yet, he simply tosses them behind himself for below average knockback and 7%. This’ll make Dedede think twice about abusing your weight and chain grabbing you, as it’ll give you the ability to chain grab him right back. . .

But couldn’t Dedede just chain grab you to the end of the stage then finish the session with an fthrow or bthrow to prevent you from doing this? You’d think that, but if you press B when you input this throw you’ll instead use the second last throw the foe used on you. Pay attention what throws the foe uses on you and select the better of the two when prompted, or else you’re simply leaving it to chance.

Up Throw - Taunt
Envy lets go of the foe slowly as he mockingly says either “Give me your best shot”, ”I know you can do better then that”, or ”Is that the best you can do?” at random , folding his arms and smirking at them. This enrages the foe and causes them to attack, but due to their rage they attack with something far less then ideal. What exactly is it? Envy chooses by selecting any button input he chooses, manipulating the foe into doing what he wants.

The most obvious use of this is to, say, force Ganondorf to use his neutral B, but this is far from useless against foes without laggy moves, as you can force them to use the move you want to copy via your neutral special.

This can only be used once per foe per stock, as the foes aren’t stupid enough to fall for it twice. This prevents you from utterly screwing over characters with slow moves, so most of the time you’ll be using this to force the foe to use what you want to copy. If you use this throw on a foe you’ve already taunted, Envy just generically tosses them upward for 7% and below average upward knockback.

Down Throw - Envenom
Envy bites into the foe with the head of his snake arm, knocking them to the ground. This deals a decent 12%. . .In poison damage, which means 12% over 12 seconds. Unlike most poisons, this effect can stack if the throw is used multiple times, so that’s one plus it has going for it.

So how does this specifically fit into Envy’s game? Well, you know that 12 second period of time in the fthrow where the foe has reduced movement and jumping before getting their regeneration? If you use the dthrow during that time, the poison effect will become permanent as Envy will be able to seep his poisons deeper into the foe due to the philosopher’s stone occupying the defensive systems of the foe’s body.

This can help to make the foe’s regeneration easier to deal with or potentially totally nullify it if you manage to use the dthrow twice in 12 seconds. Hell, if you play your cards right, the foe could end up stuck with permanent poison! Still, this is insanely predictable and the foe will be predicting your grab, leaving you open to it’s bad end lag. Don’t get too greedy with it.

If you’re in serpent form when you use this, the poison damage is doubled as Envy bites the foe with his snake head rather then an arm, allowing him to seep far more venom in the foe. Turning into a serpent and abusing your grab/dthrow can be an immensely appealing option, but when you’re in serpent form there’s little else you can do –but- grab, making this the definition of predictability.

Zombie Grab – Absorb

Envy is not limited to grabbing playable characters with his grab, as he can also grab his zombies. Seeing Envy can grab them with his nair and dair already, why not? Why would you want to grab one of your own, exactly? To absorb the zombie back into yourself. This heals Envy of 15%, regardless of how much stamina the zombie had left. If your zombie is about to croak over but is still currently ticking, quickly go absorb him so that his sacrifice won’t be in vain.

SITUATIONALS

Ledge Attack – Snake Bite
Envy turns his head into a snake’s like his grab in serpent form, then bites forwards with pitifully weak knockback and 5%, along with laughably bad range and priority. While the move poisons the foe in the same manner as the dthrow, it’s too hard to hit with and predictable, even despite having little lag.

More notably, though, is that if you don’t hit anyone with this move, you’ll bite into the ledge and poison it, and anyone who grabs onto the ledge will become poisoned. The ledge will only stay poisoned for 5 seconds, though, so if you want to make use of it you have to go poison the ledge just before somebody goes to grab it. Envy is still hanging on the ledge when this ledge attack is complete.

Ledge Attack Over 100% - Edgehog
Envy literally transforms into a hog, being around the size of Ivysaur. He flails about as he climbs up onto the stage slowly, doing pathetic hits of 2% and flinching up on the ledge. The main use of this is to edgehog, obviously, as this ledge attack gives him many more invincibility frames to toy with then most ledge attacks. While this prevents foes up on the stage from punishing Envy during the attack, this has horrendous end lag, so only use this to edgehog. Considering Envy is pretty much guaranteed to survive to 200%, you’ll be able to make use of this much more then the 100% ledge attacks of other characters.

Rising Attack (On stomach) – Handstand
Envy quickly gets up, though not to his feet, doing a handstand. After doing the handstand, Envy claps his legs together with average range and priority for a surprisingly impressive 14% with vertical knockback that kills at 180%. This has average starting lag though no end lag. The catch to this move is that if a foe hits Envy’s crotch area (which is blatantly exposed)[/b] before he does the leg clap, he’ll topple over, stunned, with double damage.[/b]

Rising Attack (On back) - Impale
Envy turns his arm into a blade and stabs upwards, impaling the foe on it. This counts as a grab and deals a meaty 16% freezing time like the knee of justice or one of Zelda’s lightning kicks briefly, Envy getting up off the ground afterwards and taking his arm out of the foe as they drop to the ground. Epic for finishing foes off with in a stamina match. While the starting lag is brief, the end lag is average as Envy gets up. The main thing that keeps this from being good is very bad range, and the fact that is a situational leaves you with few oppurtunites to get away with this. . .

If not for your usmash. The half charged version sets you up perfectly to hit with this. Always use this if you do hit with the move, but don’t expect to pull it off all that often otherwise.

Tripped Attack – Hair Spin
Envy gets up off his rump and turns to face the camera, then rapidly spins his head, causing his hair to twirl about. Laughably bad priority, but Envy’s massive hair gives the move decent range. This deals multi hit damage up to 12% with flinching and has a slight pushing away effect to either side of Envy and the whole move has little lag, making it a decent defensive option. Just don’t use this if you can’t trap them with it straight on, or else the bad priority will bite you in the ***.

Final Smash – Results Screen

The battle ends and the results screen and comes up, saying that Envy’s won. Just getting the inevitable out of the way.

OVERALL PLAYSTYLE

Envy at first seems to have everything going for him. He’s godly at racking damage, absolutely refuses to die, and seems to have a good amount of moves with KO potential knockback. . .Or does he? Any competent foe won’t give you a chance to use your potential KO moves properly, and while you’re pretty much guaranteed to survive to 200% if you play competently, you’re pretty much dead without exception once you hit the mark, and your foes will constantly be focused on damage racking rather then KOing you in a traditional matter, so your damage percentage will rack up faster then you’d expect.

You should have no problems racking up damage with your assortment of various chain grabs within your usmash and nair, and your regular grab is also a highlight. Your fthrow is a particularly obvious choice for getting up some quick damage, and if you follow it up with some serpent form dthrows, you can quite easily cancel out the regeneration, or even give them never ending poison damage! Despite the massive damage racking potential, foes will see this coming a mile away and will be particularly cautious during the 15 seconds they’re vulnerable to permanent poison.

So damage racking’s not the problem, you’ve got that covered. The main thing you’ll want to be focusing on is picking up a KO move from the foe along the way with your neutral special. This is without a doubt the ideal way for you to get a viable method of KOing, but your foe will be more then aware of this and try to bait you into copying a useless move. However; you in turn can predict this and use it to your advantage to rack all the more damage on them. You can perhaps bait them into baiting you by intentionally whiffing the neutral special. The mindgame potential is large here.

Whenever given a free moment, spam the fsmash like all hell. This is your best alternative to finding an alternative to the neutral special should it screw you over, although it may rely too largely on lack for the comfort of some. Still, there’s no need to be afraid to accept a KO move that’s not –that- fast, as Envy is more then adept at stunning foes to make them vulnerable to any KO moves he gets his hands on with his ftilt, utilt, and pummel. This also makes getting Dedede’s hammer from your dsmash far more appealing. At higher percents, you can stun them long enough to actually hit with the thing.

Once you’ve gotten a KO, you’ll be hard pressed to do much to your foe with your remaining stamina. If you’re exceptionally close to being forced into to be a bite sized parasite, then run off and hide as soon as your foe is KOd and hope you have time to fully charge the usmash, so you’ll have 15 seconds longer to play around with no matter how much damage you take. If you can still take some hits, then start spawning zombies, if you haven’t already. Seeing you won’t be able to do all that much damage racking, you’d best be attempting to try to cheat death.

Seeing you have to take damage to create the zombies, it’s more ideal to create them earlier on, as later on you might be at too high of a percentage to afford to spawn them. An ideal use for them is to stun the foe and let the zombie occupy them for a bit with their grab to give you time to charge up usmash/dsmash or spam fsmash. If you get a decent amount of them, you can even use them as a diversion with your bair to rack damage.

Envy is extremely well represented in casual matches and tournies alike. Casuals particularly love his dsmash and consider him broken for his ability to create hammers, although they’re also attracted by things like how huge he becomes with his fair, the sheer wackiness of him, really. Tourney players are attracted to his insane damage racking (Hell yes to chain grabs!) and his durability, in addition to not being entirely lost when it comes to KOs if played properly. All around, get used to this guy’s ugly mug, he’ll be sticking around for a long time to come.

PLAYING AGAINST

Playing against Envy for the first time can be very intimidating if you don’t know what to expect, particularly when he becomes the size of half the stage with a move as simple as an fair. Envy can keep up the pressure on you with ease and rack up your damage percentage, and it’s completely impossible for you to kill him until absurd percents, not even through gimping!

So then. . .Why bother trying to kill him until then? You never have to go into “KO mode” against Envy, just continue racking the damage up without a second thought. You can never have enough. Besides, Envy will be begging for you to use a move he can copy to KO you right back with, so don’t even give him the chance. Envy will be considerably annoyed when you give him nothing to copy in that realm, although be careful he doesn’t realize it and just copies something else useful like Mach Tornado.

You’ll be wanting to play rather defensively against Envy. He’s got grabs up the wazoo. . .Dash, utilt, usmash, nair, fair, dair, and of course his traditional grab, and in general you’ll have a hard time out prioritizing him. When Envy in particularly inevitably uses his fthrow on you, stay the hell away from the ******* until your vulnerable period has passed, or better yet punish him when you predict his grab.

Go out of your way to KO Envy’s zombies as he spawns them, although try to use a move that’ll KO them in one hit so he can’t just absorb them and heal himself as if he never spawned them in the first place. If you KO a zombie, you’ve essentially dealt 15% to Envy, so don’t worry about his damage meter not going up. You wouldn’t want Envy to survive beyond his already ridiculously high 200%, would you?

Overalll, simply capitalize on Envy’s mistakes. While he has low starting lag on nearly all his moves, several of them can be punished quite badly if they miss. The match up can be quite extreme in either Envy pressuring you severely or the other way around, although it’s still doubtful you’ll be able to beat him out in damage racking. Just don’t leave him with anything to KO you with.

MATCH UPS

Vs. King Dedede: 50/50
While Envy can be badly chain grabbed like other heavy characters such as Ganondorf, with his bthrow he can chain grab Dedede back to all hell. In addition, Dedede’s power is more a boon to Envy then the penguin king, as it just gives him KO moves to copy. A particularly interesting tactic that can boil the match down all the more to grabs is for Envy to create a wall of weapons with his dsmash and see who can be the first to infinite the other against it. The match up is for the most part very even with the two being given equal opportunities against each other. While Dedede can’t KO Envy until 200%, Envy will still struggle to KO Dedede unless he gives him his utilt or dsmash.

Vs. Falco: 60/40, Envy’s favor
Falco’s blaster is absolutely useless in this match up. Envy can crawl under it while in serpent form at high speeds or create a wall with his dsmash to block it. If Envy just casually uses an uncharged dsmash to do so, Falco won’t have anything to gain from the pile of weapons either, seeing he’d just be potentially trading his blaster for Fox’s or Wolf’s.

Due to his blaster being eliminated, Falco will actually have to approach rather then go camping. Envy has little reason to approach, as he can use the time to charge up his various potential KO moves assuming he hides behind his pile of weapons. Envy will want to play defensively in this match up and abuse Falco’s lack of an ability to approach against him. Since he’s playing defensively, it’s a good idea to try to get poison damage on Falco racking up while you charge stuff up, and seeing you’ll be spending a decent time in serpent form anyway this won’t be difficult.

Falco’s chain grab is pretty much the same deal as Dedede’s. He uses it on you, you use it on him right back. You’ll want to have your back to a pile of weapons if it’s not between you and Falco so he can’t chain grab you off the stage and spike you, seeing he can’t infinite against walls like the penguin king.

If Falco stays in Envy’s face he can damage him just as well as he can, although he’ll have to be very selective as to when he uses a potential KO move. The match up is ever so slightly in Envy’s favor, but it’s far from significant.

Vs. Snake: 30/70, Snake’s favor
The thing about Snake is that pretty much any of his viable moves would be great additions to your arsenal to copy, so you’re bound to get something good off of him, whether it be mines, grenades, usmash, or one of his godly tilts, most ideally. Still, the fact that Snake can camp against Envy quite effectively by lobbing grenades over his weapon piles and can force approaches while he has lots of mines set up gives him the match up. Snake is notoriously durable, nearly as much so as Envy, so Envy really doesn’t have much to boast here. If he can copy Snake’s ftilt/utilt, the match up becomes closer to even, but it’s still not ideal.

Vs. Bowser: 50/50
So. . .Bowser isn’t particularly good at damaging and can’t use his KO power against Envy to kill him all that well while Envy can copy said KO moves to obliterate him. Horrible match up, right? Not so much. Bowser is fully capable of bypassing Envy’s 200% KO requirement by using Bowsercide. Bowser can use his fire breath early on to get ahead in damage percentage so he can control the movement when he activates the move, then Bowsercide for the KO. If Bowser ever gets ahead, the match is pretty much guaranteed to be his. Still, the fact Envy can rack damage on Bowser so easily makes this match up far from easy for Bowser. Both characters are perfectly capable of screwing each other over. This match up usually plays out very quickly.

Vs. Zero Suit Samus: 60/40, Envy’s favor
Zero Suit Samus is another damage racker, who has nothing whatsoever of any note to copy besides her side special, which she should use very conservatively for the KO. Envy and Samus will be racking damage up on each other relentlessly at impressive speeds, having trouble ever finishing each other off. However; there’s one rather notable way of killing Samus off early. . .Abuse that laughable tether recovery with your literal edge hogging. Casually poke Samus off the edge just a slight distance, then edgehog her and laugh as she falls to her doom. This is quite predictable and far from easy to do, but Envy also has potential KO options if he manages to use his neutral A or a fully charged usmash, or better yet manages to copy Samus’ side special. He clearly has the match up, but not by much.

Vs. Zelda: 35/65, Zelda’s favor
The most notable thing about this match ups is that Zelda’s projectile has the ability to go through Envy’s weapon piles and hit him, meaning Zelda can quite easily camp Envy. While Zelda can’t be her usual spammy self with her usmash and fsmash at first or else risk Envy obtaining the moves, she has fast enough moves to effectively fake Envy out and bait him in to copy a useless move. Once that’s down, Zelda can continue racking damage casually with little problem while playing defensively. If all else fails, use your down special.

Vs. Sheik: 30/70, Sheik’s favor
Sheik is basically an upgraded version of ZSS, as far as Envy’s concerned. Sheik can damage rack Envy well and take down his stamina, having no need to worry about her KO problems, and Envy has nothing whatsoever to copy from her. Sheik will pressure Envy constantly and give him little chance to get a method of KOing her. While it sounds pretty bad, Sheik’s bad priority is pretty easy for Envy to take advantage of with his godly priority, preventing the match up from being horrendous. If Envy plays defensively and uses his poison intelligently, he can damage rack her up with him, but he’ll die at high percents while Sheik will live on, Envy having no means of taking her down.

Vs. Chef Kawasaki: 55/45, Envy’s favor
At the start of the match when Kawasaki summons his pot, take action immediately and go copy it. What use is a pot if you can’t put any ingredients in it yourself, you ask? Simple. Put your pot right next to the chef’s, and then any ingredients he puts in his pot will also go in your pot, save vegetables, which you’ll have to steal from the chef and put in your own soup. At times, you’ll want to be grabbed so Kawasaki can use his uthrow on you to put in one of the necessary ingredients for the soups so you can KO him, but you’ll have to read your foe carefully as they might use a different throw if the situation is too ideal for you. While Kawasaki has total control over the ingredients, you can rack damage far better then him, meaning the match up certainly isn’t in his favor.

Vs. Acid Seaforce: 70/30, Acid Seaforce’s favor
The move to absorb here is extremely obvious. . .Seaforce’s toxic shield. But why would Seaforce ever be stupid enough to let you copy it? You have some poison of your own that’s quite tempting for him to absorb in your dthrow. . .Be sure to absorb it. Go into serpernt form so there’s little else you can do to further tempt him to do it, but take advantage of your neutral B after he absorbs it to copy it. Once you have the toxic shield, the match is in the bag.

Should you not obtain it, both your damage percentages will rack up to absurd totals as you lack any means of KOing each other, but Seaforce doesn’t have to bother to kill, he can just tank while your stamina ticks away. While this can potentially become an extremely one sided match up if Envy steals Seaforce’s toxic shield, Seaforce has to be a d*mn idiot to use it when the match up is already in his favor.

Vs. Alphonse: 65/35, Envy’s favor
Envy is near the perfect size to abuse Alphonse’s mechanic, meaning if Al tries to KO Envy in the traditional manner he’s pretty well screwed. However; why would anyone try to do that? Envy’s far too heavy to KO properly, so why should he bother exposing himself? This prevents Envy from abusing the mechanic. Al is nearly immune to being copied due to so many of his moves relying on transmutation circles, and seeing Envy can copy only one move the only notable move Envy can copy is fsmash, which Al has no reason to ever use against him.

So Envy can’t KO Al, but Al also can’t put that much of a dent in Envy’s stamina because Envy will break walls the instant he’s thrown into one due to his massive weight, meaning he can’t be chain grabbed. If Al is stupid enough to try it, Envy can copy him with his bthrow and do some real chain grabbing on him. Envy can rack Al’s percentage up to ridiculous percents with very little problem while Al is lost to do much at all, but Envy still has considerable KO problems, keeping him from owning the match up too badly.

Vs. Roy Mustang: 60/40, Envy’s favor
Envy gets his vengeance for what Roy did to him in the manga here. . .Mustang is similar to Snake in that nearly all of his moves would be excellent to copy, and Envy won’t be restrained by Mustang’s gloves. Mustang’s one weakness, his priority, is extremely great to capitalize on for Envy, as Envy’s godly priority easily shreds through Mustang. If Envy keeps up the pressure and forces Mustang to regularly change gloves, or better yet not even give him the chance to, he can own the match up pretty badly, but Mustang’s damage racking skills are also rather impressive, and so long as Mustang spaces properly he stands a good chance.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
That's ****ing insane

Well, it is rather encouraging in some matter. I can try to make my first set lesser than that. hehe

C~Dog

Smash Champion

~Zant - Usurper King~

Bow before your new ruler, the King of Twilight. Zant has entered the brawl!

-----

~Backstory~

The self-proclaimed King of Twilight. Zant is one of the main antagonists scheming to cover Hyrule in twilight in the game Legend of Zelda: Twlight Princess. Zant long served under the royal family of the Twilight Realm, but when they passes him over as ruler, Ganondorf granted great power to Zant in exchange for his allegince, and Zant makes it his ultimate goal to become the supreme leader of both light and dark.

-----

~Overview~

Eons spent in the baleful glow of Twilight have taken their toll on Zant, driving him to the very brink of insanity. His fighting style reflects this, being incredibly fast-paced, often involving him flaing about wildly with his swords, or using his dark magic to create endless havoc. His moveset is orientated to a more offense based play, but that by no means forces you to play offensively, as he has plenty of moves that can provide the core of a defensive Zant. Regardless of what your playstyle, you can expect a fun, speedy character with lots of options.

-----

~Special Mechanic - Unhinged~

Zant is unstable at the best of times, prone to being overconfident in his own ablilities, and underestimating his opponents. Because of this, he starts battles secure in the knowledge that he can quickly crush any opposition, and when things turn out tougher than expected, it pushes Zant over the edge. As Zant takes more damage, his movement speed increases (on both the ground and in the air), his attacks have less start up lag, and cause more knockback, showing how he is more eager to finish what he has started. As an offset to this however, his attacks cause less damage and have more ending lag. Zant also has a slightly increased hitstun time, has less traction, and is more liable to trip. This shows how Zant becomes more reckless in his efforts to strike his opponents.

What this amounts to is that as the battle progresses, Zant will have a higher capability to KO an opponent, balanced by being tougher to control and being more open to punishment. Zant is a difficult character to control, but if you can adapt to his changing physics, he becomes a killing machine.

Note: All values must remain at least 1.

70%-139% Damage
Movement Speed - Increased by 10%.
Startup Lag - One frame less..
Knockback - 10% increase in power.
Damage - All attacks do 1% less damage.
Ending Lag - One frame more.
Hitstun - One frame longer.
Traction - 8% decrease.
Tripping - 5% increase.

140%-209% Damage
Movement Speed - Increased by 20%.
Startup Lag - One frame less.
Knockback - 20% increase in power.
Damage - All attacks do 2% less damage.
Ending Lag - One frame more.
Hitstun - Two frames longer.
Traction - 16% decrease.
Tripping - 10% increase.

210%-279% Damage
Movement Speed - Increased by 30%.
Startup Lag - Two frames less.
Knockback - 30% increase in power.
Damage - All attacks do 3% less damage.
Ending Lag - Two frames more.
Hitstun - Three frames longer.
Traction - 24% decrease.
Tripping - 15% increase.

280% Damage and higher
Movement Speed - Increased by 40%.
Startup Lag - Three frames less.
Knockback - 40% increase in power.
Damage - All attacks do 1% less damage.
Ending Lag - Three frames more.
Hitstun - Four frames longer.
Traction - 30% decrease.
Tripping - 20% increase.

-----

~Pros~

Zant is a fast character, able to outmanoeurve most opponents, in both ground and air combat.

Zant has a great recovery, with a high second jump and two specials that can aid in recovery, allowing for a degree of unpredicibility.

Most attacks come out relatively quickly, allowing Zant to punish mistakes.

Zant has a useful projectile, able to rack up damage quickly while retreating or approaching.

Has a very effective counter move.

Due to his movement speed and quick attacks, has a good combo game.

Zant's multiple spikes, combined with his speed result in a good edgeguarding.

-----

~Cons~

Most attacks cause less than average damage, and have low knockback, so you'll be relying on slower moves to KO.

Powerful attacks have more lag to start and finish, meaning you need to take care to avoid punishment.

As Zant takes damage, you will have a much harder time controlling Zant. You also need to be especially careful about the attacks you use, as the increased end-lag is a prime opportunity for enemies to punish.

-----

~Stats~

Weight - 5/10
Average, offset by his low fall speed.

Height - 6/10
Higher than average, however his crouch is really low.

Walking Speed - 4/10
Slower than average, he's in no rush.

Running Speed - 8/10
Much higher than average.

Air Speed (Upwards) - 7/10
Above average. Jumps fast.

Air Speed (Downwards) - 8/10
Average fall speed, but with a rapid fast fall.

Power - 3/10
Most attacks have less than average power, but a few have excellent damage.

Range - 7/10
Use of swords and magic provide great range.

Priority - 7/10
Most attacks have disjointed hitboxes.

Attack Speed - 7/10
Great. Most attacks come out pretty fast.

Traction - 8/10
Higher than average, but as more damage is taken, become less than average.

Jumps - 2

Jump 1 - 5/10
Average, with a slightly longer startup, great for shorthops.

Jump 2 - 7/10
Higher than average.

Wall Jump - Yes
Wall Cling - Yes
Crawl - No
Glide - No

-----

~Animations~

Idle
Zant stands with his legs wider than shoulder width, with his legs slightly bent, and his arms slightly away from his body. He rocks slightly up and down, constantly on edge, always ready. He stands with his body slightly angled, so his left side is always in front.

Walking
Zant walks slowly forward, slightly hunched, his arms unmoving.

Running
Zant runs with his body straight, his arms away from his body and his head tilted slightly upwards.

Crouching
Zant goes down on one knee, his body hunched over, with one hand on the ground between his feet and the other at his side, looking forwards.

Jump 1
Zant jumps straight up, after bending his knees a bit, and keeps his body straight with his legs bent. His arms come a little further away from his body than normal.

Jump 2
Zant straightens his body fully, with his arms against his sides.

Falling
The same as his first jump, except his arms a higher.

Dizzy
Zant stands straight and sways around with his arms up.

Sleep
Zant sits down, with his legs splayed in front of his, his arms to his sides and his head nodding forward.

Shield
Zant hunches his body and raises his arms in front of his face.

Roll (forward)
Zant does a forward flip, turning 180 degrees whilst he flips, and ends facing the opposite direction he started.

Roll (backwards)
Zant does a quick backflip with his arms out.

Spot Dodge
Zant turns to face the screen, stands on one leg and flails his arms wildly.

Air Dodge
Twists his body, with upper and lower body moving in opposite directions.

-----

~Specials~

Standard - Twilight Shooter
Zant holds both arms in front of him and fires two small red and black orbs across the stage. If the button is tapped, he will continue to fire orbs. Each orb deals 1% damage and travel 1.5 times the length of Final Destination at a speed just slower than Pit's arrows. Has minimal startup lag and a one second pause between pairs of orbs. Zant firing the orbs have no effect on his speed or trajectory, allowing him to fire them while he short hops.

Side - Whirlwind
Zant extends his swords to either side of him and spins across the stage, surrounded by a small vortex of wind that draws enemies to him. It deals 2% per half-second, for a duration of up to three seconds, with 5% damage and moderate horizontal knockback at the moves finish. The horizontal distance moved is equal to the length of Battlefield. If <B> button is tapped, Zant's will curve up into the air, gaining 2/3 of a Zant height by the middle of the move, and two Zant heights by the end of the move. Has a vacuum effect that pulls nearby enemies in. Has very minimal startup lag. If finished on the ground, has above average end lag, if finished in the air, leaves Zant in a helpless state. If the enemy does not DI, it can be hard to escape from, but with the correct DI, it is general easily escapable, especially for lighter characters.

Also, while the direction cannot be changed during the move, the distance travelled can be increased or decreased by pressing the control stick either forwards or backwards, resulting in travelling half the length of Battlefield or almost the whole length of Final Destination respectively.

Up - Twlight Jump
Zant turns away and disappears. As he reappears, he finished his turn then extends his arms and legs out and throws back his head. It takes Zant about 3/4 of a second to disappear, and he reappears just under one second later. It deals 12% damage when Zant reappears, with minimal lag as he reappears. It has less than average knockback, and moderate ending lag.

If the control stick is held in any direction, Zant will reappear further away in that direction, approximately 3/4 the length of Battlefield. Leaves Zant in a helpless state if finished in the air.

Down - Phantom Zant
Zant turns to face the screen, raises his arms and looks up. After about half a second he turns a fuzzy blue colour, and stays this way for about one second. If attacked during this period, the blue pixels will scatter, then Zant will and attack the enemy half a second later, dealing x1.1 the damage of the attack the would have hit him, with moderate knockback. He will appear on the opposite side of the character attacking, and slashes his sword fiercly to send them flying. If attacked from above, the resulting counter-attack is a spike. If Zant is not attacked, it take 2/3 of a second to revert to his normal state.

-----

~Standard Attacks~

Neutral A Combo - Sudden Strike
Swipes with his left hand, then his right, then stabs with his left sword. The first two swipes do 2% and 3% respectively with minimal lag, and the stab does 4% with average ending lag. The stab also has a bit of forward knockback, not enough kill, but useful for giving yourself space and comboing.

A Combo Followup - Blade Blender
If A is held again whilst Zant has his sword extended from the above attack, he will perform three quick spins with his swords out. Each spins moves Zant forward a short amount, in total moving Zant forward about at far half a Battlefield platform. In total the move has six hits, each doing 1% damage. The move has barely any startup lag, and ending lag is minimal. It's traps the enemy, but they can easily escape with proper DI.

Dash Attack - Swords Rush
Zant pulls out his swords and strikes in front of his body repeatedly while he is running. Has minimal start up lag, and a bit above average ending lag, and consists of eight hits, each doing 1 damage. Most hits have barely any knockback, with the exception of the last, which has average forward knockback, however there is enough knockback to keep the opponent in the attack for all the hits.

-----

~Tilt Attacks~

Forward - Guillotine Strike
Zant lunges forward and sweeps his left sword in front of him. IF <A> is tapped again, he will strike savagely with his right sword as well. Both hits have minimal startup lag, and first has average ending lag, while the seconds is slightly higher than average. The first hit does 7 percent with minimal forward knockback and the second does 9 percent with average knockback at about 30 degrees upwards from horizontal. Has slightly above average ending lag. At low pecentages and on heavy characters, it is relatively easy to hit with both blows.

Up - Cross Slash
Zant crosses his arms in X above his head with his swords extended, then sweeps them down on either side of his body. The initial strikes come out fairly quickly and does 3% damage each, with average diagonal upwards knockback on the tips of the swords, and very little knockback on the shafts. Zant keeps the swords extended for about half a second before he sweeps them down to touch the ground, dealing 3% damage each, with slightly below average sideways knockback. Has average ending lag. If the enemy is directly above Zant, they will be hit by all four strikes, and take average vertical knockback.

Down - Wake of Shadows
Zant points his arms at the ground, and a series of small explosions sweep across the ground in front of him. If any explosions appear over an edge, then they will angle down and away from Zant. There are five explosions in total, each doing 2% damage with barely any knockback, stunning opponents for a short time. The attack covers half of a battlefield platform, but no character will ever be hit by more than three unless they are a large character and DI with the attack. The first explosion comes out pretty fast, and it had little ending lag. Very useful as an edgeguarding attack: follow up with an aeriel while the opponent is stunned.

-----

~Smash Attacks~

Forward - Twilight Fist
Zant forms his right hand into a fist to charge, takes a step forward, rotates 180 degrees and punches with his right fist. A red and black orb appears in front of his hand and explodes. Explosion size depends on charge time. This attack does a massive 21% damage uncharged and 29% charged, but has a long start up time before the actual explosion, about one second after you release the button. Has great knockback, lauching any direction above horizontal, depending on the position relative to the orbs centre. The hitbox of the orb is the size of Kirby uncharged, and Bowser's height and width fully charged, and centres just next to Zants hand, so his body is never included in the hitbox. Has average ending lag, but the duration is fairly long, so if used incorrectly leaves you open for punishment.

Up - Dark Cascade
Zant hunches his body to charge, then straightens up with his right hand held above his head. Three red and black orbs form an arc above him and explode. Explosion size depends on charge time. The orbs are 3/4 the size of kirby uncharged and do 9% each, and are 1.5 times bigger than kirby fully charged and do 12% damage each. However, if you aim it right, the opponent will be hit by two orbs, doing 18% and 24% respectively. Like his forward smash, this move has a lot of startup lag, a long duration and average ending lag. Likewise, the only part of Zant's body covered by the explosion is his arm, not his body, however large characters may be hit by a side orb if standing too close. Has strong knockback that launches in a different direction for each orb: left launched up/left, middle launches straight up, and right launches up/right.

Down - Seismis Shadows
Zant crosses his arms and lowers his head to charge, then extends both arms towards the ground on either side of him and raises his head. A red and black orb appears on the ground in front of each hand and explodes. Explosion size depends on charge time. Orbs are about 3/4 the size of kirby uncharged and do 19% damage, and are 2 times kirby's size fully charged, dealing 26% damage. Like Zant's other smashes, this has a long startup and duration, and has average ending lag. Unlike the others, however, it includes the ground beneath Zant in the hitbox, allowing you to hit opponents if they are near you on the ground. Launches in any direction above the ground, very strong.

-----

~Aerial Attacks~

Neutral - Catalyst Spin
Zant spins around once with his arms extended, casting magic while he does, causing a series of small explosions around him. Has low startup and ending lag, and does 4 hits each dealing 1% damage. Has little knockback.

Forward - Manic Cutter
Zant flails wildly in front of him with both of his swords. Does four hits, each worth 2% damage with average forward knockback on the final hit. Has minimal starting lag, and average ending lag. Has a good priority and a good hitbox, making it useful for short hopped approaches.

Back - Shadow Flurry
Zant twists his body, sweeps his right arm behind him and casting a flurry of orbs that explode shortly after. Has a longer than average startup lag, average finish lag. The five orbs together cover a space the size of bowser behing Zant, and each do 2% damage with below average knockback. However, there is a sweetspot in the epicentre of the orbs that deals 14% damage with above average knockback awat from Zant.

Up - Usurper's Blade
Zant stabs overhead with both swords fully extended. The base of the sword deals 4% damage and low knockback, while the tip deals 10% damage with strong vertical knockback. The attack comes out fast and the swords stay extended for about 1.5 seconds, allowing you more time to hit, but also leaving you vulnerable to attack, and then finishes with minimal lag after the hitbox is gone.

Down - Samurai Smash
Zant extends both arms out, pulls out his swords, and strikes them both in downward arcs until they meet underneath him. Has a longer than average startup lag while he brings up his swords, then strikes them down dealing 5% on each swords, with a hitbox beneath Zant that deals 12% damage with a strong spike. He keeps them extended for a short time after, during which the sword deals 6% damage with weak downward knockback. Has average ending lag.

-----

~Grab/Throws~

Grab
Zant lunges forward and grabs with his left hand. Has average startup lag, and reaches about halfway across a battlefield platform due to his lunge. If he misses, has average ending lag.

Pummel
Zant slaps the enemy across the face with his right hand. Deals 2% damage per hit (1% forehand, then 1% backhand), at a rate of one hit per second.

Forward - Omni Cutter
Zant jumps at the enemy, swords extended, and unleashes many fast blows across their body, finishing by thrusting his sword forwards, knocking them back. Has average startup lag, then deals five hits each dealing 1% damage, and ends with a strong stab that deals 2% damage with average forward knockback. Has above average ending lag. Opponents standing in front of Zant when he begins will be caught in the attack unless they DI away from him.

Back - Shadow Vortex
Zant spins around very fast then throws the enemy backwards. While spinning, a series of small explosions damage the opponent. Has almost no starting lag at all, deals six 1% damage hits over the space of a second, and finishes with Zant throwing the opponent behind him with average knockback. Enemies next to Zant when he begins will be sucked into the attack and hit, taken weak knockback went Zant throws the opponent.

Up - Sword Thrust
Zant pulls the enemy above his head, then pulls them down as he stabs up with his sword. Send the enemy upwards. Has average startup lag, then deals on one strong hit of 8% with above average vertical knockback, and average ending lag. A reliable finishing move at high percentages.

Down - Beneath My Feet
Zant jumps and throws the enemy beneath him, then stomps up and down on them repeatedly. Has average startup lag, then deals three 1% hits and finishes with a stomp that deals 3% and bounces the enemy into the air in front of Zant. Has average ending lag. At low percentages, can be comboed into f-tilt or f-air, and at mid percentages can combo into u-tilt or u-air.

-----

~Situational Attacks~

Get-up Attack (Under 100%) - Rising Cutter
Zant lashes out in front of him, then behind him, as he rises. The first hit comes out fast, dealing 2% damage, and the second deals 3%, with an average gap between hits.

Get-up Attack (Over 100%) - Rising Spin
Zant pulls out his swords and spins around twice times as he gets up. Does four hits over half a second, two on each side, each doing 3% damage.

Ledge Attack (Under 100%) - Fury Strike
Zant pulls himself onto the ledge and strikes down from over his head with his right sword. Has almost no starting lag, does 6%. Has low knockback.

Ledge Attack (Over 100%) - Impaler
Zant pulls out his right sword, pauses, and then stabs it onto the stage as he pulls himself up. Waits about one second before fiercely stabbing, doing 8% damage, with little ending lag and average knockback.

-----

~Final Smash~

**Best pic I could find. I'm gonna try and find a better one later. But seriously, that is just his foot. He's a freakin giant.**

Wrath of the Giant

Zant screams, then jumps into the air and pauses momentarily before extending his arms and legs out and throwing back his head. He then quickly grows to an enormous size. He then starts to stomp the ground with his feet, damagin nearby enemies with shockwaves. The player can direct Zant using the control stick by pressing left or right, and by pressing jump to increase his jump height. The stomp from a jump causes much larger shockwaves on the ground around his feet. The move last 15 seconds, with Zant getting gradually smaller as time passes, until, when he reaches his normal size, he screeches and the move finishes. Of course, Zant is immune to all damage and knockback for the duration of this move.

Standard Stomps
Zant's Feet - 25% damage, strong knockback, stuns
Area Effect - 20% damage, medium knockback
Effect Size - Bowser's height away from Zant's feet

Jumping Stomps
Zant's Feet - 35% damage, very strong knockback, stuns
Area Effect - 25% damage, strong knockback
Effect Size - Half a Battlefield platform away from Zant's Feet

Additionally, any opponent that touches Zant takes 10% damage with weak knockback.

-----

~Taunts and Poses~

Forward Taunt - Spinning Top
Zant spins around very fast on the spot. Medium duration.

Up Taunt - Ready for Battle
Zant faces the screen, retracts his helmet, then strikes a battle poses with his knees bent and arms out. Long duration.

Down Taunt - Royal Tantrum
Zant stomps around in a tantrum. Short duration.

Victory 1 - Ecstatic Victory
Spins around while shreiking like a maniac.

Victory 2 - The Rightful King
Zant has his helmet retracted and has his arms held out in a grand way.

Victory 3 - Behold My God
Zant retracts his helmet and falls to his knees with his arms raised, looking up with a look of bliss on his face, as if looking upon a god...

Loss - Not Fair!
Zant stomps his feet in a tantrum.

-----

~Extras~

Symbol
Triforce of the Zelda series.

Entrance
Zant appears just above the stage while facing the screen, then lowers himself to the ground and turns to his normal stance.

Crowd Cheeer
"Zaaaaaant. Zaaaaaant. Zaaaaaant."

Victory Theme
Zelda Series Theme (same as all other Legend of Zelda Characters).

Credits Theme
Zant Boss Fight: Hyrule Castle from Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Wiimote sound
Zant's shreik.

Kirby Hat - Twilight Shooter
Zant's helmet, except shorter. Covers most of his head. Fuctions similar to Zant, except it only shoots one orb at a time, has a slightly slower rate of fire, and pushes Kirby back slightly whenever he uses it.

Alternate Colours

Blue tinted silver armour with blue robes (Blue team).
Red tinted silver armour with red robes (Red team).
Green tinted silver armour with green robes (Green team).
Black armour with white robes.
Gold armour with silver robes.

-----

~Assist Trophies~

~Shadow Beasts~

A loyal minion sent in from the Twilight Realm by Zant. Shadow Beasts suddenly appear from portals in the sky and attack in groups. As long as one is left alive, any others will be revived, so you must leave at least two living and defeat them at the same time. If you wipe them all out succesfully a warp point will open.

Stats
Height - Hunched over, walking on all fours.. and still as high as Ganondorf.
Weight - Average weight.
Speed - Moves slowly and ponderously, with periodic bursts of speed. Not much speed, mind you.
Jump - One, average height and speed.
Attack 1 - Swings one arm out in front of it. Does 12% damage, medium knockback, lots of startup lag and medium ending lag.
Attack 2 - Shadow Siren. Produces a low, loud humming noise, stunning opponents in range. Reach directly in front about half the length of a Battlefield platform. Deals 4% damage, stuns opponent temporarily.

When the trophy is activated, black and blue pixels fly out and join above the centre of the stage to form a Twilight Portal. Three Shadow Beasts fall out of the portal and it then closes. Shadow Beasts act as low level computers allied with the activator of the trophy. If Team Attack is on, you are unaffected, but your allies are affected. Shadow Beasts have invisible damage counters similar to Nana, and can be killed by a strong smash at 30% damage.

~Aerafol~

The Aeralfos is a race of winged and armed lizard men, a member of the same family as the Lizalfos and Dinolfos. The Aeralfos enters combat with a sword and shield, hovering high above before diving and attacking fiercely with their swords.

When the trophy is activated, the Aerafol appears and flies to the center of the screen, or the largest space avaliable if the stage is enclosed. It moves back and forth across the screen, hovering in place with his shield and sword relaxed by its side. After about five seconds, it will flap its wings quickly, raise its shield and sword, and then dive at the nearest enemy of the screen, executing a fierce slash with its sword, before flying back up and continue hovering above the stage. It will execute three divebomb attacks before flying off the screen.

The attack does 20% damage with high powered knockback in the direction the Aerafol attacks. This attack can be countered, in which case the Aerofol will be knocked back in a stunned state, and then fly off the screen.

~Darknut~

A knight enemy clad in heavy armor that defends with a shield and attacks with sword techniques and kicks. Darknuts lose their armor as they take hits, but they grow faster in the process. Their sword skills are quite accomplished. The most fundamental way of dealing with Darknuts is having good command of spin attacks and back slices.

Stats - Armoured
Height - Very tall, as tall as Ganondorf.
Weight - Extremely heavy, due to the large armour.
Speed - Walks slowly, and cannot run.
Jump - One, very slow, and not high.
Attack 1 - Swings its sword horizontally in front of its body. Deals 10% damage with medium horizontal knockback.
Attack 2 - Overhead sweep, Deals 14% damage with high knockback. Very slow.
Attack 3 - Upward sweep with its sword. Deals 12% damage with medium upward knockback.
Stamina - 70

In its armoured form, takes less damage and knockback. After the stamina is reduced to 0, it with shed its armour and change to its unarmoured form.

Stats - Unarmoured
Height - Same as above
Weight - Average human weight, same as Marth.
Speed - Moves very fast.
Jump - One, average height and speed.
Attack 1 - Stabs forward with his sword, dealing 8% damage with average horizontal knockback.
Attack 2 - Three quick horizontal slashes , dealing 3%, 4% and 5% respectively, with low knockback on the first two and medium on the last.
Stamina - 50.

===========

Phew, finally done! Well...except for the codec, home stage and boss fight, but they'll be done soon enough! Feedback and critique would be greatly appreciated, both positive and negative. The hardest part was figured out the damage, knockback, etc for moves, hopefully i'll get better overtime.

Just a quick thanks to SirKibble and MasterWarlord for giving me some advice on how to make my moveset better. Really appreciate it dudes. :)

Now onto Sabriel, or possibly Pennywise....

Also: take that K. Rool! ;P

EDIT: Not doing a codec, home stage and boss fight, since i have no good ideas. If i think of anything good, i'll add it.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Oh wow, Envy has an awesome final smash. But I guess I'm not important enough to have the goos included in it. ;) Zant is awesome as well.

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
Zant Review: Short and Sweet Version

Great set overall, but SOME moves, not all of them, need to be a little more detailed.

Also, the Final Smash is a little bit boring. A giant form just seems a little redundant. *pulls out Super Mushroom*

Other than that? No REAL problems.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Warlord, there's another awesome set. I didn't read much though, mostly the Final Smash. Anyway great job again, although Gluttony still seems the best. I loled at the plankton though.

Expect me reading Zant soon.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Envy was another great move set from you, Warlord. He reminds me of shapeshifter Strongbad from MYM3 due to transforming for most of his attacks, but this is MUCH better of course. The DSmash and Fair made me lol. And of course, the final smash was epic.

Though is there gonna be a Greed move set? He's not in the extras, so it's either that, Or I'm getting scewed out of having my Sin be represented! D=<

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I read it just now, it's really quite good for a newcomer. You are indeed one of those promising go-getters that we've all been hearing about! You need to use more detail, colour and a more zesty presentation generally to improve, I think, but I like what I saw in Ridley. Better than my Ridley moveset from '07.

I'll read Lust and MT's SM tonight then comment.
Well, I livened up the presentation and added what I could as far as details. (Expanded some of the moves.)

Thanks.

I read we can enter multiple movesets, if no one has done Midna w/ wolf Link yet, I think that is who I will tackle next.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I read Envy (and not just the Final Smashes this time). It's pretty cool; he's got some moves with interesting properties to them to remedy his lack of power. He transforms a lot, which is awkward, but I guess is part of his character. The Specials are interesting, as is the Final Smash(es). Overall, a very cool set (oh, and the win poses are extra fun as well). *thumb up*

I'll see if I can get to Zant later; but just at a glance, it looks very good for a first effort.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Envy and Zant are great movesets.

I'm particularly fond of Envy due to the fact he reminds me a lot of my Sergeant Cortez, with all the transforming during moves and whatnot. The set is possibly your best FMA set in the contest, and is possibly your best in this contest all together. The Final Smash may be a tad long, but it doesn't distract from the moveset at all, and is extremely lulzy.
Well done Master Warlord :bee:.

Zant is also a very good set, although the tilts are a bit short. The moveset itself is quality, and it seems to fit the character very well, so good job.

peeup

Smash Lord
Squee and Spleen, the Goblin Techies

Firstly, this moveset is NOT DONE. I have most of the basics done, but I still need to add taunts, Kirby hat, grab/throws, wiimote noises, victory poses, etc.

Squee and Spleen, the Goblin Techies from DotA have joined the brawl! They use their wide array of traps and mines to dominate the stage, while staying a good distance away from their opponent.

Squee is the one on the right, Spleen is on the left.

Story: Devilishly clever, the goblin techies, despite their small physical presence, are a force to be reckoned with. In line with their goblin brethren, the techies have the skill of laying mines in the earth, invisible to the naked eye. Also, after extensive training with the Orcish voodoo priests of Kalimdor, the Techies are adept at laying paralysis-inducing traps along with their potent explosives. Wary be the foe who takes these three lightly.

--Author's Note--
Although there are technically two characters in the moveset (Squee and Spleen), it is as if you are controlling 1 character. It is NOT like Ice Climbers where one follows the other, but rather they are the same character—you control them both as one character. The fact that there are two characters is just for looks.

--STATS--
Size: 3/10. Goblins are pretty small, and Squee and Spleen are no exception.
Weight: 5/10. Because of their size, they are fairly light. They're heavier than they are tall, though, because of the large amount of explosives that they carry.
Walking Speed: 2/10. Small legs+heavy explosives=slow speed.
Running Speed: 2/10. See above. They were the slowest characters DotA, and that carries over to Smash.
Traction: 7/10. Not much to say here. They never run too fast, so they don't have much need for traction...
Power: 3/10. Aside from their Fsmash and specials, they don't really deal much damage/knockback. They rely on their traps to deal damage.
Range: 5/10. Their ground attacks have decent range, but his aerials are lacking in range.
Priority: 4/10. Aside from a few moves, Techies are pretty much awful at hand to hand combat.
First Jump: 6/10. A standard jump.
Second Jump: 9/10. The Techies use a small amount of explosives to boost them up into the air, so they get very good hight.
Recovery: 7/10. With their good second jump, they hopefully won't have to use their up-special because it damages them fairly heavily.
Fall Speed: 4/10. They're light, but the explosives way them down a bit.
Air Speed: 4/10. Not much mobility... they belong on the ground.
Crouch: 3/10. The explosives on their back stick into the air pretty much the same amount as their bodies usually do. AKA, their crouch does nothing.
Crawl: No.
Wall Jump: No.
Wall Cling: Yes.
Hover: No.
Gliding: No.

--ANIMATIONS--
Basic pose: http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/3385/techiesfrentehz7.jpg
Idle pose: Squee tosses a small remote mine up and down.
Running: http://www.coolavatars.net/avatars/84/sapper.gif
Walking: The image above, but slower.
Dashing: The image above, but faster...
Crouching: Techies squat down and put their hands over their heads as if to block them from an explosion
Jump 1: They hop in the air. Nothing special.
Jump 2: A small explosion occurs around their bottom, which propels them into the air.
Shield: The Techies huddle together inside the bubble.
Sidestep: The Techies make a quick hop to the side.
Rolling: The Techies roll on top of one another.
Air Dodge: The Techies do the stereotypical 'spin' in midair.
Sleeping: The Techies rest against each other's backs.
Dizzy: The Techies hold on to each other for support.

--SPECIALS--
Neutral Special: Remote Mine: The Techies drop a small mine at their location. This is pretty much the same as Snake's, but with less lag. Also, this move does NOT detonate them, it only sets them. Up to 5 Remote Mines can be active at any one time.

Side Special: Land Mine: The Techies throw a small proximity mine forward about the length of two Snakes lying down. If the mine hits an opponent while it is being thrown, it will deal 3% with no hitstun/knockback. If an enemy walks over it, they will take 11% and moderate knockback. Up to 4 Land Mines can be active at any one time.

Down Special: Detonate: The Techies detonate all of the Remote Mines on the stage. Each one deals 13% and good knockback.

Up Special: Suicide Squad, Attack!: Squee sets off a large bomb that is strapped to Spleen's body, propelling them a very far distance upwards, and putting them into a helpless state. It deals 20% to the Techies, and 40% to any nearby enemies.

--STANDARD ATTACKS--
A,A,A Combo: Squee/Spleen Combo: Squee punches with his left, then right hands, after which Spleen does a headbutt. This is a fairly average jab combo, having average lag on both ends. Deals 2/2/4%

FTilt: Spleen Swing: Squee swings Spleen in front of him, dealing 8%. This has decent range, but Spleen is a hitbox as well as a hurtbox during this attack, making it risky. It has average startup lag, but very little endlag.

UTilt: Spleen Launch: Squee throws Spleen onto his shoulders, dealing 8%. The hitbox is only above the Techies, not in front or behind. This has very little startup lag, but with above average ending lag.

DTilt: Spleen Shove: Squee quickly pushes Spleen forwards, dealing 5%, then he retracts him. This has very little lag on either end.

--SMASH ATTACKS--
FSmash: Point Blank: The Techies launch a rocket at the ground directly in front of them, like Snake (but the Techies' attack has a much bigger hitbox and is slower.) This is the Techies highest knockback move. It deals 12-17%.

USmash: Bomb Toss: Squee tosses a bomb above his head, which explodes after traveling upwards the hight of Jigglypuff. This hitbox is rougly as big as Jigglypuff's body. This attack has an extremely small amount of lag, rivaling Zelda's DSmash. Deals 9-13%

DSmash: Stasis Trap: The Techies place a Stasis Trap (http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/9476/suicidedoublekill1akw8.jpg it's the thing labeled 'stunner') directly beneath them. If an opponent walks past it, they will be stunned for 3 seconds. Only 1 Stasis Trap can be active at a time.

--AERIALS--
NAir: Techie Tumble: The Techies grab on to each other and do a somersault in midair, dealing 6%. This has practically no lag, but has low priority.

FAir: Techie Smash: Squee punches with downward force to the area in front of him. If sweetspotted, this is a meteor smash. Deals 5%, or 9% if sweetspotted.

BAir: Reverse Headbutt: Squee thrusts his head backwards, headbutting anybody that gets in the way, dealing 7%

UAir: Techie Scratch: Squee and Spleen scratch the air above them, dealing 2/2/2/2% (this is a multi-hit attack. Therefore, it has a hitbox that is active for a decent amount of time.)

DAir: Techie Stomp: The Techies stomp the air beneath them, dealing 7% and doing a weak meteor smash.

--MORE TO COME!--

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Firstly, this moveset is NOT DONE. I have most of the basics done, but I still need to add taunts, Kirby hat, grab/throws, wiimote noises, victory poses, etc.
Grabs/Throws are, though, mandatory as of now. We really should make a rule that no unfinished movesets may be posted... it's a bad habit. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom