• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
Apparently I was incorrect, I apologize. I was unaware because I don't hear too many people complaining about Bowser nerfs (that's who has/had flame canceling, right?), since he isn't played for his battle aptitude to begin with. Thank you for pointing that out, I could have misinformed someone.
No, it was Roy. He has ph1r3 (it was even more intense when you could CANCEL it, no less) and was top tier in the first version of melee before it got upgraded to 1.2 (1.1?)

Sarcasm. OF COURSE IT'S BOWSER

Scar

#HarveyDent
I don't suppose there's a way to buffer dashes are there? And will buffering a jump by holding "up" (since pressing x or y while doing a gentleman is highly unfeasible), make me jc the gentleman?
buffer dashes? you're speaking jibberish, the isai gentleman can be canceled by anything, which means you can gentleman>dash, you can gentleman>jab, >jump, >fB, >shield, whatever you want

so technically yes you can jump cancel the gentleman but that's a silly name for it

Scar

#HarveyDent
so yeah i banned that account as a joke thinking i could just like undo it, but it turns out i can't

which makes it even funnier for me but pretty lame for you

sorry bro

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Alright here is the deal. First of all what is the gentlemen manuever. no i am not a noob. I have learned to shuffle captain falcon's knees very well however scar I have a few questions for you. I like many other people want my captain falcon to be like yours and better (if that is possible,http://www.smashboards.com/images/smilies/smile.gif). Anyways first of all how in the hell do you uair twice and knee two times int he same jump like in both of your videos? Also is there any training or certain things I can do to get like ur captain falcon? I will tell you what I can do. Pretty much I can shffl ,meteor smash/cancel, wavedash, dash dance and i no its not all that special but that is why i cam to you for help. BTW ur awesome!

Scar

#HarveyDent
the gentleman: the jab combo WITHOUT the "toot toot toot toot" rapid A punches, just the jab jab knee hit

anyways isai/magus gentleman is this.

you press AAA as fast as you can, and hold the 3rd A

you MUST hit with the first jab for it to work 100% of the time in my experience. also you must FULLY RELEASE the A button for the first two jabs.

captainfalcon741, YOU ARE IN LUCK. i have recently decided to clean up the captain falcon boards by adding some matchup/stage guides, and i will also include a training guide so that everyone can practice tech skill in the same way i do.

i will also have a suggestions thread so that anyone can add interesting and inventive tech skill training vids/tips and throw their two cents in on stages and matchups

STAY TUNED and NEVER GIVE UP

melee will never die

p.s. bigD and I both agree that you need a new smashboards name

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Hey thanks man, i will await your tech skill guides. Also I have troulbe fighting marth with captain falcon and i was wondering what i can do to stop that ridiculously long cheating sword. Oh and the name...what do you think of scar 2? no jk.. but when you think u will have those guides up any clue? And what can I do with my captain falcon for now training wise? Also are you pro at the first smash with captin falcon?

Brookman

Smash Hero
Can you guys post a detailed series of images of falcon's Down air hit box(es).?!?!?

It's AMAZING!

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Hey scar if you could please critique my gameplay that would be great. I am going to post the link to a video of me playing with my captain falcon against ganondorf level 9 in 3 matches. Also anyone one else is welcome to critique it as well. In fact that would be great!

Thanks

chize

Smash Apprentice
9's make you get bad habits so stick to practicing tech and combos on lower levels if you dont have anyone to play with

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
okay guys i want tips on dk for serious. I know i can keep comboing once i get going, but how? this dk is really good at upbing me out of approaching with dairs and he punishes the rest, what do i do? grab? then what?

DrewB008

Smash Lord
the trick to dk is to figure out exactly how limited he is and keep it in mind

youre way faster than him, he has a bad shield, and he cant really do anything to you unless hes facing away from you

so be patient, bait stuff, fly through with nairs, and go nuts if hes facing towards you

uthrow uair is ok, you can dthrow tech chase too. try to steal jumps after uthrows, thats pretty good

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I know you can tech chase DK's out of uthrow and dthrow to fairly high percents.

Edit: nevermind, was beaten to the punch.

EWC

Smash Ace
Pressure him hard with lots of dash dancing and spaced nairs. If he tries to go into the air get under him and **** him. Once you get a nair/grab/whatever, combo him until he's dead.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Listen to this man xD

Green warrior i cant wait for us to unite again...The Warrior has been UNLEASHED!!! =)

Scar stop rapping...My friends were all like.."WTF happened to Scar???"

I told them you remembered your **** was manly and large soo you decided to ram and punish with fury, F-Zero speed baby

Top Bottom