• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Uh...I never really started. I just needed to get that off my laptop. It won't happen again.

Thanks for all the positive feedback so far :bee:
It is called Wordpad, something that all computers should have. You don't have to spam to get a set up.... and did you really have to steal Klarrann's moment in the sun (not that criticisms over a mechanic was exactly fame.....)

At any rate, Scar is pretty epic.... the ultimate edgehogger!

Can you really imagine fighting a match to "Can you feel the love tonight?"

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
It is called Wordpad, something that all computers should have. You don't have to spam to get a set up.... and did you really have to steal Klarrann's moment in the sun (not that criticisms over a mechanic was exactly fame.....)

At any rate, Scar is pretty epic.... the ultimate edgehogger!

Can you really imagine fighting a match to "Can you feel the love tonight?"
If Brawl didn't exist, I would never be able to imagine a match fought to "Ai no Uta", but it happened. Plus, it's so prolific.

I just read HR's Playing God chapter and I'm getting floods of ideas for a self-OC, with plenty of Koopa attacks from the Mario games.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
Oh...my...God!!!

Kupa, that set was AMAZING. Seriously, I'm in Disney-fangasming over here...I don't think it'll stop for a long time. All the moves are great and true to character, and I'm super-pleased with all the extra stuff (Nuka and Zira especially). All the blocks of text kinda make my eyes hurt though--seriously, all of your moves are insanely detailed...almost to the point of being unnecessary (I'll have to look closer later).

His Final Smash now holds a place of honor as my favorite in the contest so far. Seriously, I wish Scar was in Smash just so I could take part in that Final Smash. Wow. Excellent work!

BTW...best music choices EVAR.

That is all. ^_^

D

Deleted member

I love The Lion King.

But I am not going to read Scar. You broke your own rule. How is that fair for the rest of us? :mad:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I love The Lion King.

But I am not going to read Scar. You broke your own rule. How is that fair for the rest of us? :mad:
I profusely apologize for my blunder. I had just finished typing most of that thing and wanted to get it over with on a new page. It was selfish and inconsiderate, and will never happen again. I hope you lot will hear me out and forgive me. :urg:

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Ripper Roo​

How to Unlock

You will Brawl after reaching these conditions except for the Subspace Emissary.

Play 1996 Vs. Matches.
Kill 100 opponents with Blast Boxes.
Let Ripper Roo join your team in the Subspace Emissary.

Unlock Message

The crazy kangaroo, Ripper Roo, has joined the Brawl!

Introduction

Ripper Roo was Cortex's first ever creation with Dr. N. Brio's Evolvo-Ray. Being the first ever creation, he didn't turn out exactly how the doctor had planned, and that is the reason that the doctor calls for assistance from his more smarter and stronger creations lately. That being said, Ripper Roo has appeared alongside Cortex in recent years, even if he didn't do any fighting, and the last known appearance of him had him start up an alliance with Dr. Cortex and Nitros Oxide, the 3 of them looking radically different from their original appearance.
The trouble with Ripper Roo is that he is insane, and has a love for explosives, especially TNT and Nitro, and this makes him extremely unstable, and a threat to everyone around him, friend or foe. After being defeated by Crash Bandicoot once, Ripper Roo was the only one of Cortex's minions to return to challenge Crash, and prevent him from getting the Power Crystals that would power the Cortex Vortex. However, the demented kangaroo had tried to lead a new life after his first defeat, becoming a doctor, which would help him remain focus, and keep his unstable personality at bay. His waterfall office was surrounded by rows and rows of books, and the place was covered in random sketches and equations, which could suggest that behind his demented personality, Ripper Roo is a very intelligent creature.
When Crash arrived to get to the second warp room to continue his quest, Ripper Roo flipped again- the sight of the one who defeated him sending him into another violent rage. He is defeated again, only returning to confront Crash in two racing contests, and as an obstacle in the pogo challenges between Aku Aku and Uka Uka's teams.

Costume Colours

1= Blue skin, white straitjacket, yellow mustache and hair. Black top hat.(Original)(Blue Team)
2= Red skin, black straitjacket , black mustache and hair. Red top hat.(Red Team)
3= Green Skin, brown straitjacket, brown mustache and hair. Brown top hat.(Green Team)
4= Pink skin, purple straitjacket, orange mustache and hair. Yellow top hat.
5= White skin, blue straitjacket, green mustache and hair. White top hat.(Reverse)
6= Brown skin, white and red striped straitjacket, brown mustache and hair. Red and white striped top hat.(Rilla Roo colour scheme)

When Selected

Ripper Roo lets out his trademark laugh

Entry
Ripper Roo is sat behind a brown, wooden desk, holding a red book in his feet. He throws the book to one side, and hops over the desk, which disappears.

Random Facts.​

Idle= Ripper Roo stares forward blankly, his swirling eyes almost hypnotic. After a few seconds, he begins to swing his head from left to right, whilst letting his tongue hang out of his mouth. If Ripper Roo is hit when his tongue is out, his tongue will flick up and hit him in the face, and he will start to laugh.

Walk= He lifts his feet high in the air, and slaps them down onto the ground as he takes long strides. Ripper Roo walks quite fast, as his strides cover a long distance. As his feet hit the ground, a short “BOING!” sound is heard.

Run= Ripper Roo has a strange run. When you first start the run, he will angle his body to be streamlined, and begin to move his legs quickly. After running a few steps, he will bounce on his tail and spin round, before entering his first run animation. Ripper Roo travels quickly, and can throw people off with his wacky way of moving.

Shield=
(4/10)- Ripper Roo has a below average shield, but that is because his arms are restrained by his straitjacket, meaning he has no way to cover his body effectively. Instead, Ripper Roo balances on his tail, and holds his two large feet in front of his body. The thing that makes this shield bad is the fact that the shield doesn't cover his tail, so if your opponent goes behind you and uses an attack that hits the ground, it will cause him to trip.

Dodge=
Ripper Roo hops away from the screen on his left foot. This is a fairly laggy dodge, but he stays off screen for a tiny bit longer than most characters. His other dodges are useful than this, but this can be useful for dodging laggy attacks such as a Warlock Punch.

Aerial Dodge=
The demented kangaroo positions his right foot in front of him, and shifts himself upwards slightly. This dodge is useful for the fact that it gives Ripper Roo some lift, and if you think you may just miss a platform, you can use this to gain a tiny bit of height, which may save you a stock. This dodge isn't laggy, and is executed quite quickly.

Forward Roll=
Ripper Roo bounces slightly, then flips his body round, landing on his feet. This roll doesn't travel that far, and when he gets up he will face the direction he rolled to, he won't turn round to face the direction he rolled from. This could leave him vulnerable to getting attacked from behind, and is why your backwards roll or aerial dodge are your best evasive moves.

Backwards Roll=
He just does 2 short rolls backwards. Ripper Roo is invincible for the first roll and second roll, but is vulnerable when entering his second roll. This is a better dodge than his other two ground evasive maneuvers, but not as good as his air dodge.

Tripping=
Ripper Roo falls onto his belly and raises his feet into the air. He starts shaking around wildly whilst slamming his head into the floor repeatedly, laughing insanely. This shows a more violent side to Ripper Roo, one that makes him so dangerous.

Stunned=
Ripper Roo keeps his feet firmly planted in the ground, and begins swaying his body around in circles, his tongue hanging out. Unusual for dizzy characters, this is the only time Ripper Roo's eyes stop spinning, his eyes going completely white with small black pupils.

Sleeping=
Ripper Roo brings his massive feet to his chest, closes his eyes, and begins to snore- Z's appearing over him. Even Ripper Roo has to rest at some times.

Stats

Strength=
6/10- Ripper Roo has above average strength, but there are many characters who are far more powerful. However, even though Ripper Roo can't use his arms, he still packs quite a punch.

Speed=
7/10- Ripper Roo has a quite erratic way of moving, which can confuse opponents, and keep them on their feet. He can go from hopping to running in a fraction of a second, so you never know what's coming next. You should focus on Ripper Roo at all times whilst facing him, as he can approach with ease, and strike before you know he's there.

Launch Power=
7.5/10- Due to being kangaroo, Ripper Roo has insane strength in his feet. The fact that he uses them as his main method of attacking means that he can launch his opponents quite far. He also specializes in explosives, which also launch the enemy far.

Jump=
9/10- Ripper Roo has one of the best initial jumps in the game, as he is a kangaroo. He uses all the strength in his legs to propel him into the air. Ripper Roo can cover horizontal distances with ease as well, by holding the control stick left or right as soon as pressing the jump button, but this cuts his vertical ascension by half.

2nd Jump= 4/10- This jump is nowhere near as good as his first, and worse than the average second jump of the other characters. This jump increases his vertical lift by a distance the size of Mario. This jump will act the same if you are jumping horizontally as well. Ripper Roo simply spins his body like a corkscrew, his ears acting as propellers, and lifts himself upwards slightly.

Fall Speed= 7/10- Ripper Roo falls very quickly, but this allows him to do multiple hops in succession. However, the fact that his second jump isn't that good can cause some problems off stage, but his Up Special or aerial dodge should help him get some extra needed height.

Size= 6.5/10- Ripper Roo is around the size of Fox and Falco, but slightly bulkier than them, as he is wearing a straitjacket. When running, Ripper Roo tilts his body down, positioning it into a rotated L shape (the tip of the bottom part of the L being his feet, and the top being his head). This lowers his height by quite a bit, and could help him avoid some poorly aimed projectiles.

Weight= 6/10- Ripper Roo is fairly light for his size and species, just being above the average weight. His light weight allows him to bounce higher, and frequently, without tiring.

Crouch=
3/10- Ripper Roo doesn't crouch, instead, he just sits down, only lowering his height by a small amount. It is difficult to dodge projectiles with this crouch, unless they are used blindly. There is a small chance that Ripper Roo will take a book out and hold it in his feet, using his tongue to turn the pages. This is an example of Roo's more sane and intelligent side.

Crawl= Ripper Roo can't crawl, due to the restraints he is wearing.

Wall Jump= He kicks his feet off the wall, propelling him in the opposite direction. Unlike his normal jump, he gains no significant height from this jump.

Wall Hang=
Due to wearing a straitjacket, Ripper Roo cannot use his hands to grab hold of a wall.

Specials

Neutral Special= TNT Crate (13%)
Knockback= Medium
Lag= Short​

Ripper Roo pulls out a TNT crate out of thin air with his right foot, and places the crate onto the ground. Once it hits the ground it just sits there, doing nothing- leaving you wondering why did he take it out in the first place? However, when you press B again, Ripper Roo will place another crate down, and he will be able to place a total of 5 crates on the arena at one time. Once you have 5 TNT crates on the field, what do you then?
You hop on them!
This triggers a 3 second countdown, which is visible on the side of the crate- so you know when it is going to finish. When the countdown ends, the crate explodes, dealing medium knockback to everyone, even Ripper Roo. While this may seem like a terrible move, as your opponent can see when it will explode, and can avoid it with ease, the TNT crate has other features. If you attack the crate in any way, it will explode instantly, as it is highly sensitive, and fragile. Using TNT crates against projectile characters may be a bad idea, as they could shoot it before you even get the idea to move out of the way, but against most characters they are safe to use, and will probably get caught in the explosion if they try to detonate it by hand. If you jump in the air and use it, you can stack TNT crates on top of each other, making a tower or wall of TNT.
The second key feature to this wonderful crate is that when a group of them are touching together, they will all set off when one explodes, in a chain reaction. This allows Ripper Roo to cover more distance with the explosion, and can hit more people. The problem with this is that you are left with less room to avoid the explosions, but it can cause a move that normally deals 13% damage to deal a total of 65% damage if stacked correctly, and if you take the full damage from all 5 explosions.

While this move may have some issues, it is a great move in Ripper Roo's arsenal, and you can use it to control the field, and take control of the match. If playing on a flat level is a disadvantage to Ripper Roo, use TNT crates to add some changes to the level layout.

Side Special= Razor Sharp Claws (Various damage %)
Knockback= Short
Lag= Tiny​

Razor Sharp Claws are one of Ripper Roo's most distinguishable features, and his side special makes full use of them. This attack is a physical attack, so he needs to be close to his opponent to hit them. When using this attack, Ripper Roo kicks his foot forwards, which hits his opponent and deals 4% damage. This attack isn't laggy, and comes out fairly quickly, but there is more to it than meets the eye. When you hit the opponent with this, you can then add 3 more different attacks to the combo, which will help rack up even more damage.

You can press 3 more buttons to carry on this chain of attacks. This is a list of what each different button press does, and you should take note that all of these attacks can be linked with each other to create your own custom combination. However, you can not use the same attack twice in a row, so you can go B, A, B, A, but not B, B, A, A.
This list is with the Gamecube controller in mind.

Code:
Side B= Foot Thrust (4%) Ripper Roo repeats what he did at first.
B= Left hook (4%) Ripper Roo simply swipes his left foot.
Up B= Kick Up (6%) Ripper Roo kicks his leg up high.
Down B= Sweep Kick (2%) Ripper Roo sweeps his foot along the ground in an arc.
A= Headbutt (2%) Ripper Roo simply headbutts his opponent.
Side A= Bite (5%) Ripper Roo bites his victim.
Up A= Backflip Kick (7%) Ripper Roo flips back and kicks his opponent in the chin.
Down A= Head Slam (3%) Ripper Roo slams his head against the ground.
Y= Jump Kick (5%) Ripper Roo hops up and kicks forward.
X= Tail Whip (1%) Ripper Roo hits the opponent with his tail, causing them to turn around.
Z= Crazed Spin (6%) Ripper Roo spins his body round like a corkscrew.
L= Rotation (4%) Ripper Roo spins behind his opponent and kicks them.
R= Head Stomp (8%) Ripper Roo hops up, and stomps on the opponents head.
You can combine 11 different moves, and you have 4 possible moves to use, which leaves you with a large amount of different combinations that you can stylize to your own personal preference.

Will you go for brute force with your combination? Will you go for a stylish combination?
All these things are possible with this special move.

Down Special= TNT Tile (21%)
Knockback= Medium
Lag= Short
This is a fun little move that can help Ripper Roo stay in control of the fight, and can force your opponents away from you. Ripper Roo hops into the air quickly, then slams down on his tail. This causes a TNT tile to be placed onto the ground, which glows faintly. This will stay there for 5 seconds, when it will explode. This tile will explode with the slightest contact, so you can use this to keep your opponents at bay. You can only place one of these on the battlefield at one time, but that is all you need.
When someone comes into contact with this, it will explode, and send whoever it hit upwards. You can also press down B again to detonate the tile at any time, and if you detonate it via this method, it will not damage you if you come into contact with it. The TNT tile also destroys all projectiles; this means you can place one and detonate it as a projectile is coming towards you to stop the projectile. You can also counter using the detonation method if you can time it correctly, which will allow you to come back with a counter attack. If you place one of these, you can bet your opponent will have to change their strategy to get around it.

Up Special= El Pogo Loco (15%)
Knockback= High
Lag= Short​

This move is great for recovery, and if you hit them at the right place, you can deal knockback which is a lot higher than it would be hitting anywhere else with the attack. Ripper Roo pulls out a pogo stick from thin air, and dangles it between his legs. But wait, somethings attached to the spring of his stick- it's a small crate of TNT! As Ripper Roo pushes his weight down onto the spring, it forces pressure onto the TNT crate, and once the spring is pressed down fully, the crate explodes, flinging the demented kangaroo through the air, and causing him to go to his helpless state. The attack sends him high into the air though, but it only sends him vertically upwards, you need to control the horizontal recovery on the way down.
If you manage to hit your opponent with the centre of the TNT crate, it will deal a lot more knockback than it normally would- but hitting with this is similar to hitting with Jigglypuff's Rest, as in you need to be “inside” your opponent to make it work properly.

If you combine this recovery with Ripper Roo's fantastic jumping abilities, you have a character who can stay alive off the edge for a long time. Your main concern should be the fact Ripper Roo falls quite quickly, but if you hold towards the ledge you should be fine.

Tilts

Forward Tilt= Hat Throw (9%)
Knockback= None
Lag= Tiny

As you know, Ripper Roo wears his doctors attire when in the world of Smash Bros. One of the most memorable features is his top hat, and yellow wig, and that is what he uses to attack with this move. Ripper Roo starts off by tilting his head backwards, then quickly flicks it forwards, his hat flying across the arena half the distance if Final Destination. If anyone comes into contact with the hat as it is spinning through the air, they will receive 9% damage. When the hat hits an opponent, or hits the floor, it will just lie there, unable to be picked up by anyone. However, Ripper Roo can pick up his hat again, and without it, Ripper Roo won't be able to perform this attack. If the hat goes off stage, you will need to wait another 5 seconds before you can use the attack again.

If you ever find your self using this, the best thing to do is to quickly go and retrieve it, otherwise you're left without a good projectile.

Up Tilt= Chomp (13%)
Knockback= Low
Lag= Short
This is Ripper Roo's strongest tilt attack, but as a result it has a bit more lag than the other two moves. Ripper Roo lifts his head up into the air, and opens his jaws wide. He then slams them shut, trapping foes who are close to him inside. Ripper Roo's tongue dangles out of his mouth whilst he chomps his victim. Once his victim has been in his mouth for a little bit, Ripper Roo spits them out to the sky violently, and leaving them covered in saliva. When he throws them out, they won't travel that high into the air, but it will give you enough room to follow up with an aerial attack, or juggle them around for a bit.
But there's more- you can catch multiple people with chomp, so you can throw 3 people up into the air with one single bite, which adds to the usefulness of this move.

Down Tilt= Tail Slap (7%)
Knockback= None
Lag= Tiny​

This is a simple attack, but it is effective in doing it's job. This move can trip your opponent, and the fact there is hardly any lag means you can use it multiple times in succession. Ripper Roo simply lowers himself to the ground, and quickly spins round in a circle, hitting his opponents feet with his tail. Ripper Roo crouches down lower than he would when using his actual crouch, so you can use this as an alternative to his crouching if you want to. This isn't a highly damaging move, and it doesn't deal any knockback, but the lack of lag allows you to keep using this repeatedly, which will force your opponent to stay away from you.

Running Attack= Head Butt (4%)
Knockback= Medium
Lag= Medium
This move is quite laggy, and deals little damage, so it may seem pointless to use. However, it deals good knockback, and is a good killing move. Ripper Roo starts off by pointing his head forward, then sticking his neck out. Ripper Roo then proceeds to use his head as a battering ram, which knocks the opponent away. After he does this, Ripper Roo will fall over and slide on the ground, similar to King Dedede's running attack- the fall will deal no damage though. Ripper Roo also gains a slight burst of speed whilst using this, so you don't need to be close to your opponent to land the hit, you just need to make sure you won't be easily punished if you miss.

Situationals

Ledge Climb Under 100%=Scramble (6%)
Knockback= Low
Lag= Tiny

Ripper Roo uses his feet to claw his way back onto the ledge, and when he gets onto it he kicks his opponent with his sharp claws, knocking them backwards and dealing a fair amount of damage. There is only a tiny amount of lag on this attack, so this is a viable way to recover if an enemy is staying close to the edge.

Ledge Climb Over 100%= Explosive Climb (9%)
Knockback= Medium
Lag= Long​

This isn't as viable a way to recover as his other ledge climb option, as it is quite laggy, and being vulnerable hanging from a ledge isn't something you would want to experience. Ripper Roo pulls out a small TNT crate out of thin air. He then headbutts it, causing the timer to count down. Then Ripper Roo climbs up and as he reaches the top, throws it towards his opponent, which knocks them backwards.
This move is very laggy, so either rolling on, or jumping on to the ledge would be safer options. However, if you manage to land with it you have a great ledge recovery move at your disposal.

Get Up Attack= Get Up and Boom (6%)
Knockback= Medium
Lag= Short​

Ripper Roo is a sneaky character; for an insane mutant kangaroo he has some surprising tricks up his sleeve. For this attack, Ripper Roo shows his sneaky side, and proves how dangerous a seemingly fallen kangaroo can be.
When Ripper Roo falls to the ground, he gains the ability to use this attack to fend off attackers whilst he gets back onto his feet. Ripper Roo wriggles his body around, and a small crate of TNT slides out of his straitjacket. Ripper Roo then places the crate onto his tongue, and flicks it upwards, sending the crate into the air. As it is in the air the crate explodes suddenly, dealing slight damage and good knockback to anyone who is around the downed marsupial. Once the explosion has cleared, Ripper Roo safely gets back on his feet, and continues the battle.

Smash Attacks

Jab= Pogo Poke (4%, 3%, 1%........)
Knockback= Low
Lag= Short

For this attack, Ripper Roo falls onto his butt, and spawns a pogo stick in between his massive feet. He then begins to poke his feet forward, thrusting the pogo stick into his opponent. He then thrusts again when you press A, and once pressed a third time, he begins spinning the pogo stick, using it as a makeshift drill. This move deals little knockback, but if you hold down A you can carry on the final hit. Once you finish the attack the kangaroo quickly returns to his feet.

Side Smash= Giant TNT (36%)
Knockback= High
Lag= Very Long​

This move deals insane damage and knockback, and could be considered broken. This move will guarantee a KO on the majority of the characters in the game if they have over 80% damage. To keep things fair, there are some other factors that control the power of this move. The main thing is the move takes 5 seconds to charge fully, which is quite a long time. Ripper Roo starts off by pulling a tiny TNT crate out of thin air with his feet. He then begins to hop up and down quickly, each hop increasing the size of the crate by a small amount. When the move is complete, the TNT crate will be the size of Ripper Roo. This crate cannot be detonated by hopping on it, or attacking it, as doing so will just cancel the attack. This attack comes at a price however- when you actually use the attack, the crate will explode, damaging everyone around it, and dealing strong knockback. But you must keep in mind that this is a TNT crate, and it will hurt everyone near it, and that includes you.

That is the catch to this attack- depending on how much you charge it, you will receive the same amount of damage that your opponent receives, but without any knockback, and the damage range is between 7% not charged, and 36% fully charged. You must use this move sparingly, otherwise you'll end up being responsible for your own demise. If you miss with this attack, you'll receive damage, so make sure you are guaranteed before attempting to land the attack, even the non charged version.

Down Smash= Pogo Painter (19%)
Knockback= Medium
Lag= Medium​

Ripper Roo's artistic talents come to light with his dangerous down smash. This move deals good damage and knockback, and it can be charged fairly quickly as well. This move covers a large distance, so you can give yourself a bit off space whilst using this move, which gives you more freedom in charging it to it's fullest. Ripper Roo sits down, and lifts both of his legs high into the air. He then gains energy around his legs, which continues to glow until the move is fully charged, or you leave go of the button. When the attack is ready, Ripper Roo slams both feet towards the ground, which causes the floor around Ripper Roo to be covered in coloured tiles. The amount of time you charge the move determines the amount of tiles on either side of Ripper Roo- one tile for no charge, up to 4 tiles on either side. These tiles come in four different colours, red, blue, yellow, and green, and they will all be the same colour for every time you do the move, but if you use the attack and get red tiles, next time you may get green tiles. The colour of the tiles doesn't matter, it is purely a visual feature.
When your opponent touches the tile, they will then be dealt the damage and knockback. The tiles will remain on the stage for ten seconds if left untouched, and during that time you can't use his down smash, so you should try to make sure there are no ways for them to avoid the attack easily, unless of course you're using it to gain space for yourself.

Up Smash= Hypnotic Eyes (No Damage)
Knockback= None
Lag= Medium​

Hypnotic Eyes isn't a physical attack, so Ripper Roo won't be dealing any damage to people when using this. This is a unique weapon in Ripper Roo's arsenal, and one that could turn the match to your favour.
To use this attack your opponent needs to be facing you, and quite close. When you start the attack, Ripper Roo tilts his head forward slightly, keeping his eyes opened wide. His eyes then proceed to spin around in a hypnotic manner, hypnotizing his opponent. You have to fully charge this attack for it to work, otherwise it won't do anything. When the opponent is hypnotized, they will enter their dizzy animation- this is your time to strike. When you press the A button whilst they are dizzy and you are staring at them, their controls will be reversed for 5 seconds when they recover from their hypnotic state. This allows you to confuse your opponent, and land a free hit on them when they are unstable, and trying to gain control over their character.

This truly is a great move in Ripper Roo's arsenal, although it is difficult to land. When you manage to do so, you can cause your opponent to either enter an erratic flurry of random movements, or force them to stand still and wait for the effect to wear off. Either way, this allows you to easily gain a good hit or two.

Aerial Attacks

Neutral Air= Spinning Marsupial (14%)
Knockback= Medium
Lag= Short

First things first- Ripper Roo can combo this attack into his upwards aerial, allowing him to spin his whole body like a corkscrew. This is a great technique to use, and one that allows you to deal the highest amount of damage possible.
Ripper Roo starts off by stretching both of his legs out to the side of him, which covers a fairly large distance. He then spins his body like a corkscrew, damaging all enemies around him. This deals decent damage, and will give good knockback, so it is useful for keeping opponents at bay. An added feature of this move is that Ripper Roo shoots out shockwaves from his feet when he spins around, adding further horizontal reach to this move.

This move has an incredible reach, so you should use that to it's full advantage. Also, the fact Ripper Roo hits at both sides of him means this move should be used often if you want to keep enemies away from you, and in matches with 3 or more people it is great, as you can take out attackers from both sides with one single move.

Forward Air= Foot Poke (9%)
Knockback= Low
Lag= Tiny​

Ripper Roo's forward aerial is a simple attack, yet it is a perfect example that Ripper Roo isn't all about insane attacks, and an unstable playstyle.
Ripper Roo quickly extends his right foot out, and attacks his enemies with the razor like claws on his feet. The claws deal a small amount of damage, and only give small knockback, but the fact that the attack has a very large hitbox and has hardly any lag means that you should be able to pull 3 of these off per a single jump- meaning a possible 27% of damage.

This is a great aerial attack, and looks can deceive- most opponents will expect to get hit by one aerial per jump by characters who lack more than 2 multiple jumps; getting hit by 3 of them and taking 27% damage can really throw your opponent off, and cause them to play a bit more defensively.

Backwards Air= Loopy Lick (21%)
Knockback= None
Lag= Long​

This move makes up for the lack of Ripper Roo's highly damaging smash attacks. Of course, giving him such a powerful aerial attacks without any drawbacks would make it broken, so there are some things you need to take into mind when using this move.
Ripper Roo stick his tongue out, then slowly spins himself round to face backwards. He then proceeds to lift his tongue into the air, then slowly lick the opponent, moving his floppy tongue in a clockwise direction. Because of this, Ripper Roo's backwards air is laggy, but it does deal a large amount of damage- however it doesn't deal any knockback, instead it temporarily stuns opponents in place (similar to what happens when you get hit with Captain Falcons Knee, just without the actual knockback), so you can use this to either follow up with another attack, or to get out of the way.

If you spam this move, you will become too predictable, and you will end up being the one taking large amounts of damage. This move is best used to catch your opponents off guard, and stopping their offensive approach.

Downwards Air= Cane Drop (17%)
Knockback= High
Lag= Medium​

This move is similar to Hat Throw, as Ripper Roo throws one of his doctor's items towards his enemies, and can't use the attack again until he either picks up his cane, or he waits 20 seconds after he uses the attack. Whilst in the air, Ripper Roo makes his cane appear between his feet, which has quite a start up lag. As soon as the cane is between his feet, he will push it downwards, and the cane will rocket out of his feet and straight down towards the ground. This will meteor smash any opponents who are below you, but due to the startup lag, and the fact the cane is so thin and only has a tiny hitbox means it is very difficult to land with. If you do manage to hit them, your opponent will pay the consequences of getting in the way.

You can't spam this attack, so don't try to waste it. Use it sparingly, and only when the opportunity arises- otherwise you will be forced to go 20 seconds without one of your best, if not reliable, killing moves- something that could either make or break a match.

Up Air= Twirly Ears (14%)
Knockback= Low
Lag= Tiny​

This attack is a useful aerial, because as well as damaging his opponents, Ripper Roo also loses all momentum momentarily, meaning that you can use this to help reduce the speed you are traveling through the air.
When you start this move, Ripper Roo hangs his ears loosely, then positions them to be in the same position as helicopter blades. He then begins to spin his ears around in circles like a helicopter, which deals decent damage to his opponent, and knocks them back slightly.

This move has more than one use, so you will probably end up using this move frequently during the match. Just make sure you keep it fresh so you'll be able to take advantage of all of its uses.

Throws

Grab= Chomping Kangaroo

When you grab the opponent, Ripper Roo bites them, and keeps them locked firmly in his jaws. Ripper Roo then falls back and balances on his tail, allowing him to use both of his legs to repeatedly kick his opponents. Ripper Roo has a good grip, so he can keep them in his grasp for quite a long time, meaning he has one of the best grabs in the game.​

Grab Attack= Blunt Force (3% per hit)
Knockback= None
Lag= Short

Being a kangaroo, Ripper Roo has incredible force in his legs, and that is why he is such a good jumper. Now imagine what it's feel like if the kangaroo had a grip on you in his mouth, was balancing on his tail and using both of his legs to repeatedly kick you.
With this attack you can!
Ripper Roo uses his tail to balance as he uses both of his powerful legs to repeatedly kick his opponent.

Forward Throw= Bandicoot Boot (14%)
Knockback= Medium
Lag= Short
This move is basically a more deadly version of Ripper Roo's grab attack. Ripper Roo simply puts pressure onto his tail, then launches his body and feet forward at incredible speeds, dealing large damage and good knockback to his opponents. This move is useful for creating space between you and your opponent, and will give you the time and space to plan your next course of action.

Backward Throw= Backflip Bang (7%)
Knockback= Low
Lag= Tiny
This is Ripper Roo's least laggy throws, and it adds to the usefulness of this move. Ripper Roo grabs hold of his opponent with both of his feet, then uses his tail to spring himself backwards, and proceeds to roll two times with his opponent, crushing them under his weight. Even though this attack doesn't deal a lot of damage, and it doesn't deal that good knockback, there is hardly any lag, which means this attack could be a potential chain grab against most heavy characters if you can turn round quick enough to grab hold of them again.

Down Throw= Mutant Slam (15%)
Knockback= None
Lag= Medium​

Ripper Roo slams his opponents down onto the floor, and just leaves them lying there. All of a sudden, Ripper Roo releases the pressure on his tail and simply body slams his opponent, which buries them momentarily in a similar way to the Pitfall item. However, the opponent will only be buried for just under a second, so you should take this into account- you can't kill with this move, it will deal good damage, and you can set up a kill easily with it, but the fact you bury your opponent means that you can never kill anyone with it directly; remember that.

Up Throw= TNT Toss (13%)
Knockback= High
Lag= Medium​

This is Ripper Roo's most powerful throw in terms of knockback, and even though it doesn't deal as much damage as some of his other throws and attacks- it will send his foes flying.
Ripper Roo secretly latches a small crate of TNT onto his opponent, and then flicks his head up into the air, and spits his enemy out. As they launch up into the air, a timer from three and quickly counting down to one is visible on a crate attached to his opponent. As the countdown starts going down, they look down onto their body only to find a TNT crate latched onto them. As the crate explodes and launches his enemy into the sky, Ripper Roo lets out one of his trademark insane laughs.

Final Smash

Nitro Toss (31% per crate)
Knockback= Medium
Lag= Small

When Ripper Roo grabs hold of the Smash Ball, he leaps off the screen, laughing maniacally as he leaves the line of sight. A small crosshair appears onto the screen, which you can move around with the control stick. Once you press the A button, Ripper Roo tosses a bright green Nitro crate onto the field of battle- surely this isn't a safe thing to do. When they land in the arena, they just sit there, waiting to experience the slightest tap and explode violently.
But what's this?!
When Ripper Roo is setting the Nitro crates, time seems to have come to a halt. Well this makes things more interesting. Ripper Roo can place 10 Nitro crates into the arena, and when you have done this Ripper Roo throws a Nitro trigger box onto the stage. Once he has done this, he hops back into view, and onto this crate. Suddenly, all of the crates explode in the order that the crazed kangaroo placed them, hurtling his opponents through the air and dealing massive damage. Ripper Roo is invincible during this final smash, so you can be as crazy as you want with it.
The main function or trick with this move is to place the Nitro crates so that you juggle your opponents between them, and gain the largest amount of damage possible. You can place them in any open space, so you can have them floating in mid-air; just remember that they will always explode in the order that you place them.

This is a fantastic final smash that allows you to set up some really impressive and stylish kills, and while it won't always guarantee KO, it is very difficult to avoid losing a stock.

Taunts

Up Taunt= Ripper Roo sits on the floor, begins swaying back and forth uncontrollably, and starts to laugh.

Down Taunt=
Ripper Roo tilts his head to the side, and uses his tongue to rub his head in confusion.

Side Taunt= Ripper Roo pulls a book out of nowhere with his right foot, brings it close to his face and reads it, then tosses it to the side.

Victory Poses

1= Ripper Roo hops around on his cane laughing, before it snaps; Ripper Roo lands on the floor and his hat falls off.
2= Ripper Roo hops onto a Nitro crate, which causes him to lose his disguise, and be left with an afro.
3= Ripper Roo hops towards the screen laughing, and continues to laugh while off screen.

Losing Pose

Ripper Roo falls to the floor, lets out a sigh, then begins to slam his body violently against the ground whilst laughing uncontrollably, the sound of his body hitting the ground mimicking the sound of clapping.

Kirby Hat

Kirby gains Ripper Roo's ears, his bushy eyebrows, and swirling eyes. He also gains the ability to use Ripper Roo's Neutral B. Kirby places slightly smaller TNT crates, and he can only have one on the field at a time. This limits the ability of the move, but combined with Kirby's moveset it is a great addition.

Playstyle

Controlling The Field

Ripper Roo's playstyle is all about controlling the field of battle, and if you can master this then you will have a fantastic character at your disposal. When playing as Ripper Roo, the main thing you should try to do is use his erratic ways to throw your opponent off guard, and use your ability to take control of the field to change the way your opponent fights. If you can force your opponent to change the way they are approaching, or the moves they are using, then you have a truly great character who can mind game opponents into being the cause of their own demise.
There isn't that much else to know about Ripper Roo that hasn't already been explained in the set, so as long as you remember that you want to trick your opponents to kill them, not go straight for the offense.

Codec

*INCOMING CALL*

Snake= Mei Ling, this is ridiculous!
Mei Ling= What's wrong Snake?
Snake= Blue birds, blue hedgehogs, blue dogs and now a blue Kangaroo?!
Mei Ling= Think about it Snake- out on the battlefield you get to see a whole bunch of various weird and wonderful creatures.
Snake= But it's a blue kangaroo..... Wearing a straitjacket.
Mei Ling= You don't appreciate a lot of things do you? I'd love to see the things you get to see. Could you get some photos for me?
Snake= Sorry, I didn't think I'd need my camera, so I left it at home.

*END TRANSMISSION*​

Credits Theme

El Pogo Loco

Stage

The Eel Deal

This is a classic stage from Crash Bandicoot 2, and one that all the fans remember. It featured lots of secret routes, hidden gems, and even a wall you could walk through! The most memorable aspect of this level were the electric eels that resided in the water; they would spark into life literally, illuminating the water in a bright glow, and instantly killing Crash if he was to land in it. This feature was so popular with Naughty Dog that they added a very similar level in Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, which was known as the Lost Precursor City.

The dangerous eels have returned one more time to wreak havoc in the world of Super Smash Bros.

The level layout consists of one main platform the size of Battlefield floating in the air, and two small platforms in the water either side of the platform. You can swim in the water at the bottom of the stage, but every 25 seconds the eels arrive and electrocute the water for 10 seconds. During this time, you will instantly die when you touch the water, being smashed down in a similar way as to when you hit the front of the Pirate Ship stage. You should use the eels to your advantage- try throwing your opponent into the electrified water.

This level is a fairly neutral stage, and would be a viable starter stage in tournament play if it wasn't for the hazards that are caused by the electric eels. However, apart from the eels, there are no other gimmicks in this level.

Music

Ripper Roo Boss Fight(Crash 2)
Eel Deal
Ripper Roo Boss Fight
Crash Team Racing Boss Theme
Roo's Tubes
Crash 3 Warproom/ Intro
El Pogo Loco

Item

Wumpa Fruit

The Wumpa Fruit is a great item indeed. It fills the same role as it does in the racing game- increasing the strength of your character. In Super Smash Bros. it functions a bit differently, but still has the same effect.
Once your character grabs a Wumpa Fruit, they will take a bite out of it. The one who ate it will then get a golden aura around them, and the damage that all their attacks do is doubled! This means that an attack that normally deals 13% damage will deal 26% damage whilst under influence of a Wumpa Fruit, which can turn the tides of a match in your favour! The knockback of your attacks aren't affected though, only the damage they deal. However, there are limits to the awesome power of this tasty fruit: it only lasts for 15 seconds, and the effect will be canceled as soon as you receive any damage. If you eat a Wumpa Fruit whilst under the influence of one, another 15 seconds will be added onto the time you had remaining- your damage will not increase further.

Assist Trophy

Komodo Bros.

Komodo Moe and Komodo Joe team up to take down all who oppose them!
As an Assist Trophy, Moe and Joe use their swordplay to attack your opponents. Once summoned, Joe stays on the field of battle while Moe, the dumber and bulkier of the duo, hops into the background, and stands on a floating Metal Crate. They work in the same way as they did in the final stage of their Crash Bandicoot 2 boss fight; Joe spins round the arena with his sword, attacking his enemies, whilst Moe stays out of the way and throws his swords at his enemies. In Crash Bandicoot 2, getting hit even once spelled death, but fortunately that isn't the case in the world of Smash Bros. Instead, getting hit by Joe's frantic spinning will deal 13% damage, and will deal limited knockback, whilst getting hit bye one of Moe's swords will deal 9% damage, no knockback, and will meteor smash airborne opponents. The brothers will stay on the attack for 7 seconds after summoning, and will vanish in a blue light once their time is up.
When Moe throws his swords, if they land on the ground they will embed into it, and will remain there to be picked up by someone for half a second. The sword acts as a projectile weapon, which will deal 4% damage, slight knockback, and will disappear once it either hits the opponent, or lands on the floor in a small cloud of white smoke. You cannot meteor smash your opponents by throwing swords at them- they will only be meteor smashed if they are hit by a sword thrown by Moe.

The best thing to do when the crazed brothers appear is to get out of the way from Joe, but make sure to stay on the ground if you can, to avoid getting meteor smashed by Moe. You could try pushing opponents into Joe's tornado spin, forcing them into the air so that they get meteor smashed, or using Moe's grounded swords to attack your opponents.

Subspace Emissary Role

Ripper Roo is introduced into the Subspace Emissary towards the later parts of it. After Lucas and Pokemon Trainer find Ivysaur and Charizard inside the ruins, and enter the Ruined Hall, instead of continuing to the 3 swordsmen pursuing Galleom, a brand new scene is shown.

The cutscene starts with a view of a large icy mountain towering into the skies- the same mountain that Lucario is meditating upon later in the SSE. The camera then quickly zooms down to th foot of the mountain, were there is a small, snow covered path. A pair of boots land in the snow, followed by a second pair of boots, making a crunching sound as they hit the ground. The camera lifts upwards to reveal the identity of the two people- it is the Ice Climbers. Their name flashes along the bottom of the screen, their introduction being in this scene. Popo and Nana look at each other, then look towards the mountain, a small opening visible. The Ice Climbers point at the cave, give each other a high five, and begin to run into the cave. When they get into the cavern, it is pitch black, and an icy wind can be heard in the background. The Ice Climbers aren't visible- but their footsteps can be heard. After walking a couple of steps, the sound of small rocks falling off something is heard, and the footsteps come to a sudden halt. All of a sudden, a large explosion is heard, followed by the sound of rocks crashing down a mountain, and the screams of poor Nana and Popo.

When the next cutscene starts, the area that the Ice Climbers landed in is actually filled with light. The Ice Climbers struggle to their feet, and hear a maniacal laughter which causes them to hug each other and shake uncontrollably. Nana and Popo leave go of each other cautiously, and begin to slowly stroll towards the direction of the laughing. However, after only walking for a couple of steps through the tunnel, another smaller explosion is heard, and a blue creature hops out of the tunnel and lands in front of the frightened duo. The camera moves to show the head of this creature, and it is shown to be Ripper Roo. Ripper Roo begins to laugh uncontrollably, showing that he was the one laughing earlier, and hops on the spot, spawning a red, wooden crate underneath him with the letters T, N, and T written on it. With one more hop on the crate, Ripper Roo springs off back into the tunnel, and a countdown of 3 seconds appears on it. Realising that it is going to explode, the Ice Climbers hurry past the TNT crate, and into the tunnel, chasing the demented kangaroo. As soon as they enter the tunnel, the crate explodes, hurtling the team through the tunnel towards Ripper Roo, and towards the screen; where you chose the character to pick, which in this case is a choice between the Ice Climbers and Ripper Roo.

Code:
Fight

Play as= Ice Climbers or Ripper Roo (1 Stock)
Play against= The one you didn't pick (1 Stock)
Stage= Mountain lower tunnels
If you picked Ice Climbers

This is a one on one boss fight against Ripper Roo. The stage has a low ceiling, but shares a similar layout to Bridge of Eldin, being a flat stage with walk off screen edges. This is a fairly easy battle, as Ripper Roo fights without his doctors attire, and therefore lacks the ability to use his costume as projectiles. The best strategy for this fight is to just chain grab Ripper Roo off the screen, but if you want to you can fight him properly. There is no time limit to this fight, so you can take your time- but keep in mind no items appear during this fight. Once you have won, a short cutscene will play.

Ripper Roo turns to a trophy, which falls to the ground, the Ice Climbers spot a top hat, a fake mustache and wig, and a cane. Nana walks over to get them while Popo taps the trophied kangaroo; reverting him to his normal state. Once he wakes up, he begins laughing, but once he notices Nana bringing his belongings to him, he calms down, and the cutscene ends.

If you picked Ripper Roo

This battle is an easy one, but is slightly more difficult for Ripper Roo due to a lack of a chaingrab. However, the same rule applies, so just try your best to force the Ice Climbers off the stage. A good strategy to use is to just walk off the screen, so you are in the “magnifying glass”, then wait for Popo to arrive to you and throw him backwards, and out of bounds. The one thing to keep in mind with this fight is that it doesn't matter if Nana dies. You should KO her if she is being a nuisance, but it is best to focus all your efforts on Popo. Once they have been defeated, a cutscene starts.

Nana and Trophy turn into a trophy, and Ripper Roo begins laughing insanely, violently slamming his head onto the ground. After a couple of seconds of doing this, Ripper Roo hits their trophy, restoring them back to normal. Popo gets his hammer out and hits Ripper Roo over the head to try and calm him down, whilst Nana goes over and retrieves Ripper Roo's possessions, and brings them back to him. Once Nana returns to Popo's side, the cutscene ends.

End Fight

No matter who you picked for the previous fight, this cutscene will play. When the cutscene starts, Nana and Popo are shown with smiles on their faces, and the camera is zoomed into their faces. They both lift their gloved hands to their mouths, and bob their heads up and down in a laughing motion. The camera spins round to show Ripper Roo in his doctors costume, and he is shown to be calmed. The duo hold there hands out to Ripper Roo, and he proceeds to lick their hands with his loose, bubbly tongue. The 3 of them begin to walk down the tunnel, and come to a wider room, but with no other way through. They look around this new area, but then all of a sudden a large crash is heard, and the wall on the far side of this enclosed area is smashed down, a large roaring sound heard. The newly formed alliance freeze in place, and turn round to stare blankly at the newly formed tunnel. The camera turns round to show the tunnel, just as a large creature leaps out of it, lands with a deafening thud, and begins roaring menacingly. As the dust settles, it is revealed that it is a large Polar Bear. The camera quickly cuts to Popo, Nana, and Ripper Roo, who all enter a fighting pose, ready to take on this evil bear; and this is is where you pick who you want to fight as.

Code:
Boss Battle

[img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/crashban/images/b/b5/Default.jpg[/img]

Play as= Ripper Roo or Ice Climbers (2 stock, 1 stock with each character)
Boss= Polar Bear
Stage= Mountain Core
The Polar Bear remains at the right side of the screen during the fight. The only KO zone is to the left of the screen.

Attacks

Swipe= The bear extends his front paw and swipes in front of him, dealing 13% damage and medium knockback to whoever he hits. This move has some startup lag, and as such, can be avoided easily. As he swipes horizontally from the back of the screen to the front, you can attack him safely once his paw is at the front of the screen. Once he has swiped, he leaves his paw at the front of the screen for 2 seconds, which is your best time to strike.

Frozen Breath= The bear shoots a stream of frozen mist from his mouth at a diagonal direction towards the ground. The mist freezes you, and deals 2% damage, which might not seem like a lot, but it leaves you vulnerable to his other attacks. The move has hardly any startup lag, as he pushes his head forward slightly, and then begins to breathes his frozen mist for 3 seconds. There is little end lag- he just moves his head backwards.

Bite= Polar Bear opens his mouth wide, then quickly snaps it shut with incredible speed. This attack does 27% damage, and medium knockback. There is considerable start up lag- it takes 2.5 seconds before he slams his jaws shut, which should be enough time to escape. Just be careful that he doesn't use this after he freezes you. There is no ending lag, so he is then able to start a new attack.

Slam= The bear stands on his two hind legs, and then slams his front paws to the ground, creating a mini shockwave. The paws deal 17& damage, and the shockwave deals 6% damage and high knockback. This attack has a 4 second startup lag, and a 2 second ending lag. You should be able to dodge this attack easily, but if you can't, getting hit by the paw could be safer than getting hit by the shockwave, as you don't receive any knockback from the paw.

At 75% Health

Ice Beam= Polar Bear charges up a ball of energy is his mouth, then proceeds to shoot a narrow beam of energy horizontally along the stage. If you get hit by the beam, you stay froze in the air, and take the full damage of it. The beam lasts for 5 seconds, and does 4% damage every second, resulting in a possible total of 20% damage. You can avoid this move by crouching. There is a 1 second start up lag to charge the beam, and the beam travels along the screen quickly, and remains on screen for 5 seconds. There is no ending lag.

Slash= The bear uses his Swipe attack two times in a row, without the ending lag of Swipe. He slashes towards the screen, then quickly slashes to the background. Each slash does 16% damage and medium knockback. This move has the same start up and ending lag as Swipe, except his paw ends up in the background once the move is finished.

At 50% Health

Charge= Polar Bear charges forward four steps, smashing anyone who is in his way. This attack does high knockback and 21% damage. This attack can be deadly, because it has the power to push you off the edge of the screen. There is a 1 second start up lag- Polar Bear stomps his hind paw onto the ground, then charges out. You can avoid this attack by moving to the left of the screen, as he can't reach that far. Once he has finished his charge, he will slowly walk backwards, taking 5 seconds to return to his original position. The bear doesn't attack during the retreat, so use this as a free opportunity to attack him.

At 25% Health

*On Easy, Polar Bear loses all his 75% and 50% health attacks.
On other difficulties apart from Intense, he loses his 50% attacks.
On Intense difficulty, Polar Bear keeps all of his attacks.*

Cave- In= The bear stomps his hind legs and causes the screen to shake. The force of his legs causes rocks to fall from the ceiling. The attack lasts 15 seconds, and each rock deals 5% damage. The rocks are easy enough to dodge, but the bear can use his other attacks during the Cave- In, so you might get hit trying to avoid his other attacks. The attack has a 3 second start up lag, but as soon as his hind legs hit the round, he is free to attack again. At high percentages this move is deadly, as it can damage you to a point were all his other moves are guaranteed to KO you if you are hit by them.

Once you defeat the Polar Bear a cutscene starts. The Ice Climbers and Ripper Roo hop backwards away from the fallen bear. The Polar Bear suddenly springs back to life, and goes to pounce at his opponents, however, as he goes to do so, the floor beneath him starts to crumble, which sends the bear tumbling down the shaft- roaring wildly as his body hits the tunnels below. The group walks over to the newly formed hole, then leap over it and walk through the exit that the giant Bear formed; as they walk down the tunnel, the cutscene, and the level, ends.

End Boss Battle

The Subspace Emissary then returns to it's original order until after Samus and Pikachu defeat Ridley on the Island of the Ancients.
Ripper Roo and the Ice Climbers appear out of the tunnel, and to the other side of the mountain, and to a barren wasteland of ice. The trio step onto the ice, and begin to walk across the frozen tundra. After walking across for a while, there is a large cracking sound, and the screen begins shaking violently- the ice begins to crack! Ripper Roo, Popo and Nana stare at each other, and huddle together as the ice around then crumbles to the sea. After a bit, the trio are left stranded on a round platform of ice. As it begins drifting along the sea, two small Polar Bears hop out of the icy water barking, and they look towards the vast waters. In the distance, a familiar face is also swimming across the sea; the Giant Polar Bear from before. Ripper Roo grabs his cane and begins to use it as an oar to steer the ice platform towards the evil bear. The camera focuses on the trio, and ends.

Code:
Action Level

Play as= Ripper Roo or Ice Climbers (3 stock, 2 stock with first character, 1 with the other)
Enemies= Glice X5
                 Metal Primid x7
                 Spaak X2
                 Greap x1
Stage= Ice Platform

This is a basic survival stage- all you need to do is KO all the enemies that fall down from the sky. With the majority of these you can just knock them into the water, which will instantly KO them. This is an easy stage, but the Greap at the end could cause you some problems. Once you defeat all the enemies, the level ends and a cutscene starts.

End Level

The next cutscene shows the platform drifting closer towards where the Giant Polar Bear went. All of a sudden, the Polar Bear raises out of the water wearing a hat, and riding a giant tank!. The trio hop onto the small polar bears, and the camera spins around to show them all staring towards the screen. Once you pick who you want to use, the cutscene ends and the boss fight begins.

Code:
Boss Battle

[img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/crashban/images/f/fb/Chbearminator.jpg[/img]

Play as= Ripper Roo or Ice Climbers (1 stock, 1 stock with each character)
Boss= Bearminator
Stage= Ice Platform
This boss battle is different than any others in the SSE. This is because your characters are on little polar bears, so the controls are different. The controls are as followed, and are the only moves you can do=

Charge= Press B
Shoot Rocket= A
Roll= Z
Move Character/ Aim Rocket= Control Stick

The Bearminator stays at the back of the screen at all times. Instead of gaining attacks depending on his health, the boss battle has 3 phases. A Wumpa Fruit will fall down after each stage, which you can use to heal yourself with. This will not appear in Intense difficulty though.

Phase 1

The Bearminator starts off by shooting two mechanical polar bears onto the platform. You need to dash at these and push them off the edge, making sure they don't do the same to you. If you are near the edge, you can use Z to roll behind them. However, this is quite laggy, so you can't spam it. The bears can shoot rockets at you that deal 12% damage. Once you defeat them, a rocket spawns in the middle of the arena. You need to collect this, which will cause the screen to zoom in with a sniper scope effect- a target reticule in the centre of the screen. You need to move the control stick, then press A to shoot a rocket at the Bearminator.
Once you do this the next phase begins.

Phase 2

The Bearmintaor begins by shooting a bomb on the left hand side of the stage, blowing a chunk out of the ice, causing the stage to grow smaller. The Bearminator shoots out 3 metallic bears this time, which act the same as the previous ones. As with the previous phase, once you knock the 3 bears into the icy waters, a rocket spawns in the middle of the arena, which you need to shoot at the Bearminator to start the final phase.

Phase 3

The Bearminator starts its final phase by shooting a bomb at the right side of the platform, only leaving the centre of the arena standing. The same thing applies here, except he shoots out 4 mechanical bears. Once you defeat them, he starts throwing bombs towards the small platform of ice. When you see a shadow on the floor, move away from it, and when you are on the final piece of ice, a rocket spawns over you, and when it lands on your character, you must shoot the Bearminator one final time.

Once you defeat the Bearminator, a short cutscene starts. The trio sit on the polar bears, as the ice slowly cracks melts. Just as the ice abouts to melt completely, a blue flash of light sweeps down, and grabs the Ice Climbers. It dashes to the mountain, and drops them to the lower half of the mountain. This figure continues to leap up the mountain, and goes to stand on top of it. Meanwhile, as Ripper Roo is about to fall into the icy water, Falco flies past on his Arwing, and swoops him in.

End Boss Battle

The Subspace Emissary carries on as normal from this point, with the exception that Ripper Roo joins up with Falco's team as a playable character. He also gets turned to a trophy by Tabuu, and participates in the final fight.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
That was a fun read Jimny.

You made good use your potential, considering this is a guy who can't use his arms and doesn't have any magical powers. The USmash was probably my favorite just because it is so in character. The neutral special also feels really fun to toy around. Elaborate explosion chain reactions FTW!

I felt bad when I finished reading it. I want to see you make more move sets. ;-;

UserShadow7989

Smash Journeyman
Warning! Challenger Approaching!

Like it or not, those chuckle heads Moe, Larry, and Curly have joined the fray!

(History) Were they born stupid, or did they work on it their whole lives?:
The Three Stooges was a vaudevillian comedy, created while film was still black and white. The show did not have an overarching story line. There were several episodes where the Stooges had just met, while others have shown them to be living together for a long time, sometimes with their mother, even. Some show them trying to get married to the girls of their dreams, while others show them already married (sometimes happily, others not.)

What is constant is the way they view their companions. They bicker constantly and tend to injure the others by accident or in retaliation to said accident. But no matter what, they remain close. Whenever one was in great danger, 9 times out of 10 the other two would rush to his aid. The tenth time is because that specific stooge brought it upon himself and isn't in any mortal danger any ways, so it was only fair he learned his lesson. On top of that, whenever two thought the other had bit the big one, they would openly mourn until that stooge inevitably showed up unharmed.

The Stooges are perverted, greedy, cowardly, sneaky, selfish, and, well, stooges, but they always help that damsel in distress. Yes, even if Moe has to "fight to last drop of his *motions to Larry* blood." The shorts carrying their collective title varied in story, but most show the stooges either trying to get rich quick, please their wives, get out of poverty, or commit an act of great charity, for one reason or another. Their clumsiness would always turn an anthill into a mountain, but they would cling to their goal, determined to see it done.

If they received a happy ending or not usually depended on the goal. The unselfish objectives would always garner a happy ending, while selfish goals tended to end with the stooges in prison, on the run from an angry man or woman (often many), or right back to square one. All in all, the stooges are numskulls with hearts of gold, which they'd sell for a bite to eat if they could.

IMPORTANT: Three Heads Are Better Then One (Larry & Curly):
While this moveset involves The Three Stooges, Larry and Curly are in the background with Moe taking center stage. They follow him as best they can, and tie a mass of balloons to their waists to fly when they need to follow him into the air. Larry and Curly cannot actually be KO'ed, they reappear behind Moe whenever they leave the stage, and only disappear when Moe is KO'ed, reappearing with him when he revives.

During the attacks where they enter the fray, they can't be KOed, but if hit they'll return to the background until they're called again. By using taunts, Moe can direct the other two stooges to stay close or keep away from him. Depending on whether Larry and/or Curly is close or far, moves will gain or lose qualities or even be replaced with an entirely different attack. The Three Stooges' taunts cancel whatever Larry and Curly were doing prior to it.

While Larry and/or Curly are set to stay away, they'll keep 5-8 paces away at all times, doing their best to do so unless they're busy performing one of their moves. They move slightly faster then Moe, so there's no danger of geting too far away and peforming the wrong move because of it. Similarly, when told to stay close, they will remain within arm's reach at all times (I.E. within 3 paces, if not directly behind Moe.)

(Base Abilities) Capable Comics:
Size:
Medium, slightly shorter then Marth.

Weight:
Light, Moe isn't hard to KO.

Running Speed:
Above Average, Moe's slightly faster then Luigi.

Traction:
Below Average, the stooges are very accident prone.

Power:
Average. While some moves are fairly weak, thanks to their teamwork these halfwits can go toe to toe with many of the competitors.

Attack Speed:
Average, The Stooges can keep dishing out punishment, but aren't really quick.

Range (Melee):
Average. Nothing really special here.

Range (Distance):
Great. The trio of twits can control the stage very well.

Priority:
Average. Several high and low moves throughout the set.

First Jump:
Average, slightly lower then Mario's.

Second Jump:
Average, again slightly lower then Mario's.

Fall Speed:
Fast, Moe is in no way floaty.

Landing Lag:
Average. It takes a while for them to get on their feet, but nothing too bad.

Crouch:
They squat down like football players.

Crawl:
Slow, there's no reason to ever crawl with the stooges.

Wall Jump:
N/A

Wall Cling:
N/A

Gliding:
Below Average, and only happens under the effects of one of their Up Bs.

Hover:
N/a

(Stances) Stoogy Style:
Entrance:
Muffled shouting is heard offcamera, before the stooges suddenly drop down from the top of the screen, screaming on the way down.

Basic Pose:
The three stand strait up, arms to their sides as if ready to grapple. (Bring it on, ugly!)

Idle Pose:
Moe checks his watch, placing his hand on his hip. Larry pulls out his violin and plays it. Curly pulls out a Jumbo gumball and starts chewing it. (What's taking these nitwits so long?)

Walking:
Moe calmly strides forward, confident. Larry walks casually. Curly waddles forward with a slight limp. (Alright chowder heads, act calm.)

Running:
The stooges perform their walk animation, but they move quicker and swing their arms slightly as they do. (Let's get a move on, boys.)

Dashing:
The trio lean forward as far as they can without tipping over, running quickly and swinging their arms rapidly. Curly has a slight limp, but it's barely noticeable. (Hey Moe, Larry, wait for me!)

Jump 1:
Moe crouches slightly and leaps with as much force as he can. (Up, up, and away!)

Jump 2:
Moe imitates his Jump 1 animation, a few balloons flying out of his clothes as he rises. (Hey fellas, I can see our house from here!)

Shield:
Grey. Moe curls into a ball as the shield appears if Larry and Curly aren't around. If they are, he curls into a ball anyways, but holds the unfortunate Larry/Curly out in front of himself. (We're pals, right? Well pals protect pals. So protect me, pal!)

Ledge Balancing:
Moe's legs remain strait as he wobbles back and forth, his arms go out to his sides as he spins them in circles to help him gain his balance. (Larry! Curly! Help!)

Swimming:
Moe and Larry perform the basic breast stroke with surprising grace, Curly opting for a doggy paddle. (Down, Fido.)

Drowning:
Moe spins his arms around like he does in his Ledge Balancing animation if alone. If near another stooge, he'll reach out and angrily strangle him while going down. (This's all your fault!)

Sidestep:
Moe leaps into the background, leaning back as he lands and extending his arms to his sides to keep balance. Larry and/or Curly, if nearby and not busy, will grab onto him to help. (We got ya, Moe!)

Forwards Roll:
Moe dives forward and slides a short distance, then pushes himself up. If left idle, he'll brush himself off. (Watch it, you almost hit me!)

Back words Roll:
Moe back flips away stylishly. (Please, hold your applause to the end of the act.)

Falling:
The stooges descend with their backs to the ground. (Gaaah!)

Landing:
Every member of the trio lands on their feet and bends their knees to absorb the impact.

Trip:
Moe and any nearby stooges lean forward, then fall backwards, left leg extending upwards as he falls. (Who left that bar of soap there?! A guy could get killed!)

Flinch:
Moe hunches his back and lowers his head. He squeezes his eyes shut and bares his teeth. (Owouch!)

Air Dodge:
He half turns and leans into the background. (Yikes! They're serious!)

Sleeping:
They lie flat on their backs, turning every 1.5 seconds they stay down at the same time and in the same direction. They snore rythmicly. (Snnn, ptptp, hmn. Snnn, ptptp, hmn)

Dizzy:
They alternate from shaking their heads top rubbing their temples as they try to recover. All of them will sit on the ground as they do so, serving only to decrease their hitbox size. (Look at all the pretty stars.)

(Basic Moves) "Why, you!":
A/AA/AAA - Slapstick:
Moe slaps the opponent for 2%, slaps them again with the back of his hand for 3%, then continues slapping back and forth as the A button is pressed for 2% each. Knockback is equal to Link's A/AA/AAA.

Forward A - Pick Two:
Moe thrusts his fingers into his opponent's eyes. Does 1% damage and no knockback or hitstun, and pitiful priority, but the opponent will trip if hit. The hitbox of the move will change depending on the opponent's hight, meaning that he thrusts dowards at smaller enemies and upwards at tall foes. If there are multiple foes, Moe aims for the nearest one in front of him.

Up A - Fly Trap:
Moe pulls a bear trap out from behind his back and holds it above his head for 3 seconds or until the A button is pressed. Moe throws it like a normal item when the A button is pressed or 3 seconds pass. Afterwards, it'll sit on the stage like a Motion Sensor Bomb. Moe can only set one trap at a time. After the trap is placed on the ground, it'll remain until 10 seconds pass or someone steps on it. If anyone steps on the trap at any time, the trap will clamp onto them. They'll take 6% damage and be unable to move for 1 second. Has a disjointed hitbox and a 0.6 second starting lag when Moe takes out the trap, but no starting lag when in catches something in it's maw.

Down A - Curly Comedy (Curly Required):
Curly lies down in front of Moe and spins in circles, yelling "Whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop!". Moe stands and stares at his idiotic companion, exasperated. Holding the control stick down while pressing A keeps the attack going past it's normal 2 second duration. Any opponents who touch Curly will take 8% damage and medium knockback. Has little starting or ending lag and high priority. The attack ends automatically if Moe is hit.

Dashing Attack - Tauro! Tauro! (With Curly):
Moe slides to a stop and points forward. He shouts "Go get'em, puddin head!". Curly leaps onto the stage from the background and lowers his head. He charges forward like a bull until he hits a wall, the edge of the platform, or the edge of the stage. Any enemy hit will take 8% damage and above average knockback. Above average priority and 0.6 second starting lag.

Dashing Attack - Barrel of Laughs (Without Curly, Requires Larry):
Larry tosses a barrel on it's side directly in front of Moe. Moe then leaps onto the barrel and rolls around on it for up to five seconds. The player can change the direction Moe moves, but the momentum will carry him in the direction he was going before depending how fast he was moving.

Moe's maximum speed is equal to Captain Falcon's as he rides about, and any foes hit by him take 8% damage. The attack has low priority and hitstun. Moe can't perform any other attack until he rolls off a platform, recieves damage, his barrel recieves damage, he runs into a solid object, or until the A button is pressed. At which point, the barrel breaks.

(Smashes) "Honest Moe, it was an accident!":
Forward Smash - Brighto! Makes Old Bodies New!:
All of the available stooges pull out small brown bottles and shake them as the attack is charged. The stooges pop the corks off the bottles and fling the Brighto forward by a distance equal to Donkey Kong's width and with a starting lag of 0.4 seconds. Any enemies hit with the supposed miracle medicine will take 5%~10% damage for each stooge and massive upwards knockback. However, the Brighto gives enemies hit by it Super Armor until they hit the ground again.

Up Smash - Mystery Concoction:
All available stooges rush over to Moe and pull out a large leather boot. They toss in unidentified substances as the attack charges, while the players hear a growing rumble from the boot. At the end of charging Moe shakes the boot for 1 second (having Super Armor as he does so) then tosses it to the ground. The boot shakes this way and that, somehow staying upright. Sparks and balls of fire, fluff, and foam shoot from the top and come down in random arcs around it.

Each ball of fluff/fire/foam is the size of a Pokéball. They do 7% damage each, no knockback, and no hitstun. The balls move about double the speed an item falls. Lasts 1 + (1 * number of stooges that worked on it * number of seconds charged) seconds, making for a maximum duration of 10 seconds, two balls every second. Can hit anywhere in a round area equal to 1/2 the size of Battlefield's length. The boot itself cannot be interacted with. If left idle, the stooges will get in a conga line and dance in a circle on the spot as the boot makes sound. (pop-pop-pop-pop-paBOOM!, pop-pop-pop-pop-paBOOM!) This attack cannot be used again until the duration of the first use is over.

Down Smash - Dynamite Larry (Requires Larry):
Moe strikes a pose to distract foes while Larry moves to plant a stick of dynamite. As Moe "charges" the attack, the player can use the control stick to move Larry around up, down, and side to side. Larry drops the dynamite when the A button is released. The dynamite explodes after 1.5 seconds, having the exact same effect, blast radius, priority, knockback, and hitstun as a Bomb-omb. 20% damage, regardless of charge time.

Moe can charge the attack for up to 5 seconds and Larry moves at the same speed as Moe while trying to plant the dynamite. If he does not drop it by the end of the charge time, it explodes, stunning Larry for 5 seconds and preventing any move that require him from being used until he recovers. Moe cannot move during this attack.

(Aerials) "Contact!" "Contact!" "Contact!":
Neutral A - Secret Weapon (With Curly and Larry):
Larry hands Moe a tube and Curly shoves a technocolor stick of dynamite in it. Moe will then aim the "secret weapon" like the Cracker Cannon item. The cannon will remain in Moe's grasp even if he lands, and he cannot perform any other moves while he has it. When the A button is pressed again, Moe launches a ball of flame from the tube that explodes on contact with anthing.

The fire ball is double the size of a Smash Ball and moves slightly faster then Fox's blaster. It travels up to 1.5x the distance that Fox's blaster does or until it hits something. When it does, it explodes with a blast radius of a Smart Bomb at full size and deals 20% damage and high knockback and priority. Has a full second of starting lag as Curly and Larry prepare the weapon, and a second of ending lag as Moe recovers from the recoil. The move can damage Moe if he''s caught in the explosion, and his weapon explodes as if he fired when he recieves at least average hitstun.

Neutral A - Have Rocket, Will Travel(Without Larry and/or Curly):

Moe grabs a small rocket the size of his fist out of his pocket and holds it out, pointing in front of him. The rocket ignites and flys forward, making Moe lose his grip on it. The rocket will move randomly up, down, and side-to-side, for a distance three times Pit's arrows at the speed of Shiek's needles, and does 6% damage with average knockback and priority. Has a full second of ending lag but little starting lag.

Forwards A - Fried Eggs (With Curly):

Moe tosses a raw egg at his opponent, which is then fried via blowtorch curtousey of Curly. The egg itself does nothing and travels in a long arc while Curly follows it with his improvised egg cooker for a duration of one second. The blowtorch hits for 8% damage and low knockback, and nearly no lag starting or ending, but Curly becomes unavailable until it ends.

Forwards A - Cutting to the Point (Without Curly):

Moe brings out a saw and moves it back and forth. If he hits something with it he'll grab the end and pull it back like rubber, then release it to smack his foe. The initial hit does 5% damage and no knockback with medium priority, but the second hit does 3% with average knockback and high priority. There's a 0.5 second delay between the first hit and the second, giving a small window to dodge it.

Backwards A - Blockhead (With Larry and/or Curly):

Curly (or Larry) hands Moe a large block of ice. Moe pulls back the arm he's holding it with to throw it underhand forwards, but loses his grip and flings the block behind himself. It has a full second of starting lag, but hits for 12% damage and high priority, and below average knockback.

Backwards A - Gold detecter (Without Larry and Curly):

Moe pulls Curly's old Gold Detecter out, effectively a crossbow that shoots an arrow with a bell and string attached. Moe turns and fires the arrow, which rings for 2 seconds after it hits something. The arrow moves in a long, low arc at the speed and distance of Falco's blaster and hits for 5% damage, mild knockback and hitstun, and high priority. If he hits a platform, Moe can reel himself in as a tether recovery.

Up A - Bark and Bite(With Larry and/or Curly):

Larry or Curly (whoever's closest to Moe) jump above Moe and try to grab someone. If they do, they'll latch on to that person's leg and start biting it. Does 2% damage every second with a duration of 3 seconds. The opponent will fall slightly faster due to the dead weight that's latched on to them. No knockback and is a disjointed hitbox, with 0.3 seconds starting lag. Whichever of Moe's companions used this move will be unavailable until the move ends.

Up A - Pin Him (Without Larry and Curly):

Moe pulls a tiny pin out of his pocket and holds it directly above his head. The pin's hit box is the second shortest in the game (next to Jigglypuff's rest attack) and does a measly 2% damage and has low priority, but if it hits it deals massive upwards knockback.

Down A - Dumdums and Dumbells (Requires Larry and/or Curly):

When this attack is used, Larry and Curly pulls out a dumbell each and drops it. The dumbell falls three times as fast as items normally do, and do 6% each. Has very high priority and low starting lag, but no knockback.

(Special Moves) Slapstick Skills:
Neutral B - Pop Goes the Weasel (With Larry and Curly):
Moe and Larry stop and smile at eachother, Curly looking perturbed. Larry pulls out a Violin and starts playing Pop Goes the Weasel. Curly shakes wildly for 2 seconds, before launching into the fray as a Level 4 CPU controlled ally. Culry has all of Moe's A attacks and Aerials that don't require another stooge. Curly also has 1.5x the movement speed Moe does.

The attack continues as long as the B button is held, but Moe cannot move while the attack is in effect. It has a starting lag and ending lag of 1 second. If Moe takes damage, Larry winces and stops playing, ending the attack.

Neutral B - Men or Mice? (Without Larry and/or Curly):

Moe panics. As long as the B button is held down, Moe's run speed is doubled, matching Captain Falcon's great speed. However, Moe cannot attack during this move. Does no damage in any way.

Down B - Pipes a Plenty:

A leak appears in the background in midair behind Curly, who turns and starts placing piping into it to stop the leak. Water pours from the pipe and onto the stage, triping anyone (including Moe) who runs across it and causing 4% damage as they do. Curly will continue placing pipes, moving the leak to a new area every 1.5 seconds until Moe uses his Down B again or slips on the water. Any attack requiring Curly cannot be used while this is in effect. Any puddles of water dissapear after 2 seconds when there's no leak to supply it.

Side B - Larry's Ladder:

Larry will pull out a ladder about 1.5x the length of Donkey Kong, place it under his arm, and turns around. It has a starting lag of 1 second, giving Moe and anyone who sees it coming time to dodge or jump. Anyone hit with this attack (including Moe) will take 10% damage. Has 0.6 seconds of hitstun, low knockback, and high priority.

Up B - The Amazing Inflatable Man (With Larry and Curly):

You will believe a stooge can fly. Larry and Curly pull out two helium tanks from behind their backs, sticking the needles into Moe's suit and inflating it until it's about Bowser's size. Moe will float upwards, his hands and feet flailing as he screams "Get me down, you chuckle heads!". He can float upwards indefinately and can even push forwards or backwards slightly as he does so, but he cannot attack. The next time his player pushes the A or B button or the next time he is hit, his jumpsuit instantly deflates and he enters a freefall. Does no damage in any way.

Up B - Gentle Landing (Requires Larry or Curly):

Whichever Stooge is available grabs onto Moe, who flaps his arms as quickly as he can. The combined weight of the two is too much for the balloons, and after they gain a small amount of altitude they enter a glide, their desent speed being halved. They can push in one direction or the other, but can't control anything other then that. If Moe is hit, he enters a freefall. Does no damage in any way. If Moe is alone, whichever of Moe's companions are closer will rush over to him, giving the move a bad starting lag if both Larry and Curly are away. Does no damage in any way.

(Grabs) "Come here." "I think he wants you." "Both of ya!":
Grab - "I'll muda you!":
Moe grabs his foe by the collar (or area they would have a collar) and hoists them off their feet.

Grab Attack - "Oh, a wise guy!":

Moe executes rapid slaps on the person he's holding. Does 2% damage per hit, but he hits as fast as Lucario's grab attack.

Forward Throw - Heave ho!:

Moe grab the opponent by the arm while Larry or Curly grabs their leg (Moe will grab both if his allies aren't available), swings them backwards, then throws them forward with the momentum. Does 11% damage and sends the opponent flying forwards a short distance.

Backwards Throw - "I'm no mule!""No, your ears are too short."(requires Curly, otherwise forward throw will be performed):

Curly rushes to Moe's side and gets on all fours. Moe drop his opponent behind himself, and Curly punts them like a donkey, dealing 12% damage and high upwards knockback.

Up Throw - Oil well that ends well:

Moe continues holding on to the opponent, as the ground underneath them cracks. Moe looks down curiously, when suddenly an oil geyser bursts out of the ground underneath them. Moe is knocked back four paces, while the opponent is sent skyward. The oil geyser slowly dies down over 3 seconds, anyone getting caught in it recieving a fraction of the knockback, depending on the duration remaining. Does no damage, but is capable of KOing at 90% if the opponent's very light.

Down Throw - Comedic Clobbering (Requires Larry and Curly, otherwise forward throw will be performed.):

The three stooges mob around the enemy, slaping, bonking, and eye poking the poor sap silly, kciking up a cartoonish dust cloud that obscures them from view while they're at it. Does 18% and no knockback, average hitstun. It lasts 3 seconds and deals damage over the course of the move, and any enemy who gets within arm's reach will be pulled in and recieve damage at the same speed as the grabbed opponent for the remainder of the effect.

(Situationals) "Fire the secret weapon!"
Ledge Attack(Under 100%) - Excuse me, gents! (With Larry or Larry and Curly):
Curly and Larry help Moe up like normal, but unlike normal they rush onto the stage next to him, knocking any opponents out of their way. Does 5% damage and no knockack, but it has a long hitstun. High priority.

Ledge Attack(Over 100%) - Unsturdy Recovery (With Curly):
Curly rushes over to Moe and sticks out an old, rotting board for Moe to grab onto. As Curly pulls Moe onto the stage, the board breaks, sending Curly stumbling backwards at a high speed. Any foes that get hit by Curly take 7% damage and low knockback and hitstun. Low priority.

Ledge Attack(Over 100%) - Hammer Meets Nail (Without Curly):
Moe puts his arm behind himself, then suddenly pulls out a hammer and slams it on the ground in front of himself, then pulls himeself up. Has a short reach and is telegraphed clearly, but any opponents hit will suffer a full second of hitstun and 9% damage. Little knockback and priority.

Stand Up Attack(Regardless of Position) - Backbiter (With Curly or Larry):
As Moe slowly rises to his feet, one of his compadres strike any opponent in front of him and within Moe's reach from behind with a plank with nails in it. Does 4% damage and above average hitstun, but little knockback.

Stand Up Attack(Regardless of Position) - "Wait'll I get my hands on ya!" (Without Curly and/or Larry):
Moe pulls himself up and sucker punches anyone in range with an uppercut to the jaw. Does 6% damage but little hitstun or knockback. [/color]

(Taunts) "Alright, here's the plan...":
Up Taunt - "Get away from me!":
Moe pushes Larry and Curly away from himself, shouting "Spread out!". Larry and Curly move 7 paces away from Moe after this move, and only come close when the Down Taunt is used. They change position even if the Taunt isn't completed. Takes 1.5 seconds to perform. It can be used in the air. No animation plays if you do, but Moe cannot perfrom any actions for the same amount of time it would take to complete the animation to complete if it did.

If Larry and/or Culy is away, they'll run towards Moe and the taunt animation will occur when they get there, Moe and the remaining stooge will be able to act normal until the other gets there, canceling any attacks they were making.

Side Taunt - "Hey, needle-nose!":

The Stooges stop, turn to their nearest enemy and shout "Nyah, nyah!", sticking out their toungs and making funny faces at them. Either Larry or Curly will stay by Moe's side, while the other stays away. Using it again switches the position of the two. They change position even if the Taunt isn't completed. Takes 1.5 seconds to perform. It can be used in the air. No animation plays if you do, but Moe cannot perfrom any actions for the same amount of time it would take to complete the animation to complete if it did.

If Larry and/or Culy is away, they'll run towards Moe and the taunt animation will occur when they get there, Moe and the remaining stooge will be able to act normal until the other gets there, canceling any attacks they were making.

Down Taunt - "Now, what we gotta do is...":

The Stooges huddle together, mumbling loudly but unitelligably. If they were staying appart, they'll stay close until another Taunt is used. They change position even if the Taunt isn't completed. Takes 1.5 seconds to perform. It can be used in the air. No animation plays if you do, but Moe cannot perfrom any actions for the same amount of time it would take to complete the animation to complete if it did.

FINAL SMASH: Lights Out!
A simple lightswitch appears in the background behind Moe. Larry runs over and flips it, bathing the stage in darkness. The outlines of the stage are still visible, but nothing else. The computer takes control of all three of the Stooges using Level 4 CPU opponent AI. The Three Stooges use all of their Tilts and Aerials on any enemy they chase down, but no Smashes or Specials. Every three seconds, Moe, Larry, or Curly will stop where they are and strike a match, illuminating a circular area equal to double Bowser's width in size. After two seconds or if they're hit, they'll burn their fingers and drop the match.

At the very end, Curly shouts "Hey, I got two of'em!" The lights will turn on again and Curly can be seen where Moe was when the Final Smash started, bonking Larry and Moe's heads together. He'll panic and drop them both. The Final Smash lasts 10 seconds and can deal a great bit of damage, but you have no control over The Three Stooges until it's over. On top of that, there's a 2.5 second ending lag, due to Curly's mistake. If used on a moving stage, Moe, Larry, and Curly will end on the platform closest to the center. Larry and Curly take no damage, but if thrown off stage won't appear again until the end of the Final Smash. If Moe is KOed, the effects of this Final Smash automatically ends.

Overall Style: All for one, one for all, and every man for himself!
The stooges have everything. They have speed, recovery, power, and priority. They even have ways to disrupt their opponents, and many disjointed hit boxes and projectiles to boot. Yes, at first glance they look unstopable. There's just one tiny hitch. They're stooges. Their strongest attacks are only usable with the right combination of Moe, Larry, and Curly, meaning their player has to juggle fighting with directing the bumling trio. To add to that, their moves are strange even for Smash's standards, some even damaging the stooges themselves if they aren't careful!

Use the Up Taunt to get the three together, and use the Down Taunt to split them up. Use the Side Taunt to get one close and one far. The taunts do take a while to perform, so you can't switch on the fly. You CAN use the taunts in the air and the animation won't play if you do, but Moe, Larry, and Curly will be unable to move for the same amount of time that they would if they used it normally.

Both Neutral B moves are the greatest assets the trio have, the first giving a way to deal a lot of damage with minimal risk and the second allows you to put some distance between you and your opponent to use their Taunts. Their Up Bs are potentially the strongest in the game, gaining as much verticle (or horizontal in the later's case) distance as you want, but they leave you very vulnerable to gimping and do no damage at all.

Use the Up Smash, Down Smash, Up A, and Down B to box the opponent in, then use the Neutral B (With Larry and Curly) to rack up hits while the opponent is stuck. The Forward Smash and Side B are usable regardless of if the trio are together or not, but have disjointed hitboxes while they are apart. The Up Smash, on the other hand, is far better when the Stooges are together.

Battling The Three Stooges: Yes, we have no bonanza.
The stooges have everything going for them when they're at the top of their game, so apply as much pressure as you can. When Larry or Curly jump into the ring, knock them out quickly. Don't give those nitwits any time to plan or regroup. If you spot them using their Neutral B, run over and bop Moe before Curly can do any damage. When you see a Taunt, rush in and score a few hits if you can. The bumbling group will switch positions even if they're interupted, but they still take damage. If they're apart, keep an eye on the others for any strange movements or tipoffs that a powerful attack is coming.

(Extras) "Hear that applause? They love us! They want an encore!":
Result Screen Win 1:
Moe: (Key of C): "Hellooooo!"
Larry (Key of E): "Hellooooo!"
Curly (Key of G): "HelloooooI"
Together, speaking voices: "Hello!"

Result Screen Win 2:
The stooges fix their collars and stand up strait, as if posing for a picture.

Result Screen Win 3:
The trio bow overdramatically towards and to the sides of the screen. Suddenly, they each recieve a pie to the face as a psychotic laugh eco from of screen. They stand up strait and try to get rid of the pie gunk stuck to their faces for the remainder of time spent on the Result screen.

Loss:
Larry will applaud the winner, while Moe beats up Curly behind him.

Character Symbol:
The symbol is shaped like their opening logo, Moe's head, with Curly's to the right of his, and Larry's to the right of Curly's. As seen here: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bc/Stoogelogo.png

Wiimote Noise:
Curly's voice can be heard through the speaker. "Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk!"

Kirby Hat:
Kirby sports black hair in a bowl cut just like Moe's.

Crowd Cheer:
"Larry Curly Moe! Larry Curly Moe!"

Alternate Colors: (Press the R button to switch between each category.)
(Standard) The trio sport jumpsuits similar to a pilot's suit, covered in pockets. They're black and white. (Team colors replace the black, but not the white)

(Penguin) They dress up in tuxes, matching flowers in their collars. They're black and white. (Team colors replace the black, but not the white)

(Prisoners) Moe, Larry, and Curly wear black and white striped prison outfits, the only visible differences being Moe has the number "6 7/8" on his back, Larry has "7 6/5", and Curly has "H2O" They're black and white. (Team colors replace the black, but not the white)

(Children) Moe, Larry, and Curly dress in sterotypical 1920's school children attire. Disturbingly, Larry is in a dress and wig. They're black and white. (Team colors replace the black, but not the white)

(Attendants) Moe, Larry, and Curly dress up as gas station attendands, equiped with denim jumpsuits, white caps and black ties tucked into their suits. They're black and white. (Team colors replace the black, but not the white)

Trophies:
-Moe, Larry, and Curly (Classic Clear)
Description: Moe and Larry glare at Curly, each yanking on one of his ears. Moe stands to his left and Larry to his right, Curly himself kneeling with a comical expression on his face. See the top picture.

Character Information: The Three Stooges performed vaudevile style comedy from the 20s all the way into the 50s. Moe would play the agressive straitman, constantly beating up on Larry and Curly for their mistakes and accidents, most of which ended up inflicting cartoonish forms of harm on Moe himself. The three relentlessly chased their goals, varying from getting rich quick to trying to hold down a job, to perfroming menail tasks, to helping out someone (usually a young woman) who was in deep trouble. Their own ineptitude would turn even the mundane tasks into great challenges, but they always stuck with their goals.

Game Appearances:
The Three Stooges - 19??

-Shemp Howard
Description: Shemp, the tallest of the Stooges stands normally. He's wearing a circa-1940s suit and smiling casually. He has slicked down black hair that's parted in the middle, a clean, shaven face, and a mild squint in his gaze.

Character Information: Shemp was the original third stooge, staring in five Three Stooges shorts before Curly took his place. Shemp never really had an intrest in showbuisness, but after Curly was no longer able to perform due to severe health issues he offered to temporarily take Curly's place so he could rest. Sadly, Curly's health never recovered, and Shemp remained as Curly's replacement until his own passing.

Game Appearences:
None

(Custom Stage) 40's Street:
A sterotypical city street, completely Black, White, and Grey. Bystanders in suits and dresses walk by, glancing at the battle and looking into the windows of the stores. Some will walk in and out of the buildings constantly.

A 20 custom stage builder wide walkoff is the base of the stage. Four blocks from each corner and three blocks off the ground, there are two three custom blocks long overhangs that act as spirngs and are thin enough to fall through or jump up through. In the center eight blocks, five blocks up, there is another overhang that acts as a solid platform for the fighters. There's no real gimmic to this stage.

Music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEagb0ZjkxY (Walk on Water. Sonic 3 & Knuckles OCRemix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN77xmC2J20 (iMushroom. Sonic 3 & Knuckles OCRemix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LseIASl1Pbk (Chrome Gadget. Sonic the Hedgehog 3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uupQ-tCqjQ4 (World 3. Super Mario Bros. 3)

Assist Trophy: Shemp Howard
Shemp Howard, brother of Moe and Curly and the first "third" stooge before Curly joined the act (and again after Curly could no longer perform.) appears. He runs towards the nearest enemy and screeches to a stop. Shemp pulls out mothballs from his pockets and dumps them onto the stage in front of himself with a coverage equal to Donkey Kong's width.

He steps into the background and yankes a pipewrench out of his suit as he does so. When someone gets near, he strikes them on the head with his wrench, doing 15% damage and knocking them onto the mothballs, making them trip. Shemp smiles, proud of himself, before vanishing.

Snake Codec:
Snake: Mei Ling, who are these clowns?
Mei Ling: Their names are Larry, Curly, and Moe. They're known collectively as The Three Stooges.
Snake: They're stooges, alright. What other kind of person would fight the way they do? Not to mention the guy with the bowl cut keeps beating the snot out of the other two.
Mei Ling: They're cowards, and they usually don't get along. But despite that, they're very close. When one's in danger, expect the others to come running to his aid. They may be a few cards short of a deck-
Snake: Understatement.
Mei Ling: -but they can pull off some amazing schemes when their backs are against the wall.
Snake: That's why you should never underestimate someone. It makes it easier for them to surprise you.

Final Notes: "Success!" "Success!" "Success!"
To be honest, I didn't have as much fun making this moveset as I did with Revolver Ocelot. I think that's because I had to make a lot more moves for these guys then I did for him. However, I feel very happy with this one. The attacks really fit the Stooges, and in particular I'm happy with the Final Smash and the Smah attacks. The Specials are my concern with this set, as they really don't seem special compared to everything else. I believe the teamwork mechanic between the trio is simple enough to get used to, were this really in Brawl.

I'm worried about balance, to be completely honest. I think I nailed it with Revolver Ocelot, but I spent a long time on him, starting at 1 week before MYM4 ended and finishing by the opening of MYM5. I think it's alright, but I'll likely make more updates for this one before continuing with other Movesets. I'm a perfectionist, but only until I'm absolutely tired of working on something. As you can see from the smaller amont of extras and the sligtly duller headers.

The color scheme is a bit bland, but nearly every Three Stooges short was in Black and White, so I feal it's fitting. I think I'll avoid movesets with multiple different attacks for a while, it makes it harder to balance and it's much more work overall.

Updates:
(3/29/09) - Posted moveset, added entrance animation, added additional underlining to make it easier to read. Added detail to the Final Smash. Added Color to make it further easier to read. Clarified a few details here and there, and did a slight rebalancing.

(3/29/09) - Fixed some typos, clarified some moves, and adjusted the time the taunts require to complete. Further clarified the Larry & Curly mechanic, to eliminate any confusion. I haven't gotten to the stage or the music yet, and I'll take care of them last since they're extras. I'll likely send this in for review once I'm finished with that.

(4/07/09) - Added Stage and Music section, finished rebalancing. I'll send it in for a review.

(4/11/09) - Modified moves and organization as suggested by the new review on The Abyss.

(5/06/09) - Modified a few wording errors.

(6/02/09) - Modifed the orginization of the set and added bolding on attack names and damage to make it easier to read.

(6/15/09) - Updated the orginization again.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Ahaha. The Three Stooges. Great idea. But it was hard for me to even skim through it with the lack of underlining and colors.

I like how you gave the set itself an essence of slapstick. It was fun to read. But I'm no critic of this thread. lol

UserShadow7989

Smash Journeyman
Thank you. I added underlining to make it less jumbled. What color(s) would you recommend, if I use them? Should I bold all of the text to make it easier, or would that make it worse? I'm glad I captured the essence of The Three Stooges, at the very least.

EDIT: I'd just like to add that I love that Ripper Roo moveset on the previous page. Go read if you haven't already. Read it again if you have.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Thank you. I added underlining to make it less jumbled. What color(s) would you recommend, if I use them? Should I bold all of the text to make it easier, or would that make it worse? I'm glad I captured the essence of The Three Stooges, at the very least.
Well, I actually understood why you kept it white. You wanted to keep the monochrome nature that the show itself had. But a few grays and light browns will still work out nicely. So far, I have seen people use bold for titles/subtitles, along with underlining. I would look back and see some examples. I'm not veteran btw :laugh:

Smady

Smash Master
Klarrann - 'A totem?' was my first thought, but he plays pretty interestingly with the added momentum and the comboes are a nice interpretation. The comboes are awesome - you may have spent too long on them. :laugh:

Again, much better than your MYM4 offerings and I'm proud of you for it. Good work.

Scar - The hyena mechanic - especially how it plays out with the geyser attack - is cool and I am liking this adaptation just as much as Hades. I think you overcame the odd shape of Scar well [long and four-legged], although that may just be coincidental. Very MW-ish moveset, obviously.

But, why spam right after Klarrann? He wasn't even posted at the start of a new page. Shameful from a Sin, really, Kupa. :(

Ripper Roo - Ah, another Crash character and one that's pretty different because of the no legs. Quirky that it is posted on the same page as Scar considering that. Onto the actual moveset, you impress with how you make the character capable without generic magic tricks or 'slashes.' Certainly, it's more detailed than Cortez without as much potential in the source. It'll be sad to see you go, Jimny.

The Three Stooges - Unfortunately, these guys never made it across the atlantic, so most of the inside jokes are lost on me. Fortunately, some of them aren't thanks to the Stooges' wide influence! One of the smarter movesets and funny, the references aren't tired.

Good few days for MYM.

Evilgidgit

Smash Apprentice
Wow, Scar & The Hyenas was long, lengthy and well-detailed.

Ripper Roo is a character I am not really familiar with in the Crash universe, but I really like this moveset.

Even the Three Stooges have been given a moveset! That automatically gets two thumbs up for me. :)

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
The Three Stooges were a fun read, and there were some really cool concepts in there, like giving the enemy super armor. Never seen that one before. :bee:

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Heyyy, The Three Stooges!
That was a pretty awesome moveset.

UserShadow,
I DID think you were Chief Mendez for a second (the avatar) until I saw your next post and noticed your name.
Please forgive me.

*is reading Ripper Roo right now*

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
The Three Stooges was great. It was kind of hard to read, but very creative attacks. I also thought you were Chief Mendez for a moment. :laugh:

Kris121

Smash Journeyman
Ripper Roo, Three stooges and Mia were awesome! I loved them all. *Geez this is tough competition!*

My B day's the first so expect a set then!! ( Goes back to homework)

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
Oh, yes. The 3 Stooges! I loved seeing that show every Saturday morning. It was by far the funniest show on television, coupled with I Love Lucy and Green Acres.

I loved the use of their TV antics reinstated into attacks. That made it very original and fun to read. I wish that there were more movesets like this.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Since I haven't done it yet, I'll announce it now.

There will be another 3-way-joint set between leaders of MYM, this time around, it will be Tanookie, Hyper_Ridley and Spadefox. We will make a moveset for

(from left to right)
Grant DaNasty, Trevor Belmont and Sypha Belnades

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
I now know that 3 sets are going to be Joint (Kibmartandguy (I forgot the 3rd one), Watermon sets, and now a Castlevanian set) I don't know any others I think.

I'll look forward to it, as you 3 are great movesetters, so I have high hopes for it.

Geez, people are planning/doing a handful of sets already, I'm on my third (chaos 0) now, and only up to the down special now, but atleast I'm confident about them, as I think they're original... but I'm not the judge of that lulz.

~~ Detectives Case: Closed (lol)

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion

--- BASS AND TREBLE ---

Game of Origin: Megaman 7

Bass is one of Dr.Wiily’s most powerful robots. Created from a strange energy source known as Bassinium, (Hence his name), he was created to be a robot of equal strength to Megaman. He has proven himself to be a formidable opponent but Megaman always manages to win in the end. Treble is Bass’ answer to Megaman’s Rush; he is a wolf-like robot that has its own weapon systems and he can even fuse with Bass to form a more powerful robot.

--- OVERVIEW ---

At first glance, Bass and Treble may seem like an utterly flawed character. They aren’t particularly strong, or very fast, and their recovery is pretty tricky at times. However, besides a lot of disjointed hit boxes, the main this team’s got going for them is versatility. Besides teaming up for some helpful moves, Bass’ faithful friend can split up from him, allowing the pair to cover two entirely separate portions of the stage, making it unsafe for their opponent to venture far in any direction without being put at risk for an attack. To play this character is to play a tag-team with one controller.

--- SPLITTING UP ---

When you first start playing, you may notice that there are two percentages in your HUD. There is one for Bass and one for Treble, as you would imagine.

Normally, Bass and Treble stick together similarly to Ice Climbers. You can only directly play as Bass, but Treble will follow you around the stage as best as he can. Treble can perform nearly all of a Brawl character’s basic actions. He can walk, dash, jump, midair jump, roll, and airdodge. The one thing he can’t do is shield. He will simply stand there while Bass is shielding, so you’ll have to be careful about Treble’s position in relation to your opponent.

Now, while Treble cannot be directly controlled, his purpose is to be the performer of certain attack inputs. If Treble is KOd, you cannot do those attacks. Simple, yes? Think of it like Olimar’s Pikmin if that helps. Attacks that require Treble will have a [Treble Attack] tag on the end of the description. Note that Treble is responsible for the grabs.

Of course, Treble isn’t always following Bass around. It is possible to “de-synch” the pair, but this is performed differently from Ice Climbers. Instead, it is more structured. There are two ways in which Treble can be de-synched:
1) Certain attacks will automatically do it. These moves have a [De-synch] tag on the end on their description
2) If something causes the pair to be more than two Bowsers apart from each other (i.e. knockback from an attack), that will de-synch Treble

Unlike the Ice Climbers, Treble will not try to return to Bass when de-synched. Rather, he will remain in place standing there like a dog that was told to “stay”. This means that he will now perform his attacks from his current position (no kidding!) Additionally, some moves have slightly different variations depending on whether or not Treble is de-synched, but these are simple enough that they don’t require any special tags. If Treble is de-synched and knocked off-stage, he will use his midair jump to try to get back onto the stage.

Finally, Like Nana, Treble will respawn with Bass if Bass is KOd while he’s alive.

Tl;dr: Treble follows you around when synched, Treble stays in place when de-synched. [Treble Attack] means the move requires Treble to be performed. [De-synch] means the move automatically de-synchs Treble.

--- STATS ---

Since this is still essentially a singular move set, there is only one set of stats. Yes, that means that Bass and Treble have the same movement speed, fall speed, jump strength, ect. Makes it much easier to keep track of Treble’s position that way.

Movement Speed: 5/10
Traction: 9/10 (Megaman games are known for their tight control)
Attack Speed: 5/10
Attack Strength: 4/10 (some moves are good at damaging, but most aren’t that great, and a scant few moves have good KO potential)
Range: 10/10 (Since both characters can cover different areas on the stage, you can be nowhere near Bass and still be damaged)
Priority: 7/10 (there’s a good amount of disjointed moves, but the ones that aren’t tend to be worse than average)
Weight: Same as Samus
Jump Strength: 4/10 (both jumps have the same strength)
Fall Speed: 6/10
Size: Bass is the same size as Mario. Treble is around the same size, but he is low to the ground due to being a quadruped.

PROS
Excellent spacial control with two characters
Great adaptability for both ground and air combat
Plenty of disjointed moves
Heavy without being a huge target
Unlike most move sets with other characters involved, Bass is not completely helpless by himself

CONS
Not particularly strong or fast
Few KO moves
Bass is still gonna have a hard time winning without Treble, including losing his grab and one of his KO moves
Recovery is tricky even with both characters
Non-disjointed moves tend to have below average priority

--- MOVE SET ---

STANDARD ATTACKS

Neutral A [Bass Buster]

Bass holds out one arm as it instantly changes into an arm-cannon. He then holds onto the gun-arm with the other arm. On its own, this does nothing. In order to get any use out of this attack, you must hold the attack button to keep Bass’s weapon armed. While it is armed, you press the special attack button to fire a small yellow energy bullet that travels as far as Fox’s blaster at the same speed. However, there is as much lag between shots as Falco’s. These energy bullets deal no knockback or hit-stun and deal 2% and have average priority. You may tilt the control stick to aim upwards at a forty five degree angle or straight upwards, but Bass cannot move or turn around while arming the buster. You may keep the weapon armed for as long as you’d like. This move has low startup and end lag.

Forward Tilt [Lightning Bolt]

Bass hovers just off the ground as he raises a finger skyward. A vertical purple bolt of lightning is then summoned directly in front of Bass that starts a short distance above Bass’s height and keeps going down until it hits the ground. It is disjointed and deals 7% with low knockback. Low startup lag with average end lag, and Bass is immobile for the duration of the move.

If Treble is de-synched from Bass when this attack is performed, the move works slightly differently. Now instead of being summoned directly in front of Bass, the lightning bolt will appear directly over Treble and strike down onto him. The bolt deals the same damage and knockback, but when Treble is hit by the bolt he will radiate an electrical aura around himself for a few moments. This aura has high priority but only deals 3% with low knockback.
Notes: This is a versatile move, since you can use it at the edge of a platform for edge guarding, or to protect Treble if he is de-synched in a far-away location. Just remember that Bass is vulnerable everywhere except for his front when performing the normal variation of the attack, is completely vulnerable with the de-synched variation, and that the bolt doesn’t have much horizontal range in any case.

Down Tilt [Leaping Pounce]

Bass whistles while crouching and then Treble will leap over Bass from whatever side he’s on, biting as he lands. If he catches an opponent in his jaws, this is the same effect as if you had pressed the grab button. Yes, this is an alternate way of grabbing your opponent, and as such this move inflicts no damage on its own.

The interesting thing about this move (other than being an alt-grab I mean) is that when Bass whistles, Treble will respond even if he is de-synched, and even if he is on the other side of the stage. This effectively makes this a re-synching move. Treble has decent enough AI to get to Bass’ position, but will stop if there is something impassable in his way, like Bass being trapped in one of Dimentio’s Boom Boxes. Bass will remain crouched until Treble completes his attack, leaving him very vulnerable if Treble has to cross an entire stage to get to Bass. If Bass or Treble is hit before Treble gets to perform his leap, the move is canceled and if Treble was de-synched, he will go back to standing in place like he normally does when de-synched. The move has low startup and end lag. [Treble Attack]

Up Tilt [Lava Gel]

Bass points an arm up as it turns in canon-mode and fires a small red blob of lava upwards. It only goes up as far as Olimar is tall, and it arcs backwards before falling at a decent speed and landing a short distance behind Bass, falling off the screen if there’s nothing to catch it. The gel is disjointed and it deals but a mere 5% and low knockback in fire damage. When the gel hits the ground it splashes briefly before the lava disappears, and the splash deals the same damage and knockback as the gel in blob form. Virtually no startup lag, and there is also low end lag, but the end lag does not kick in until the blob reaches the point that it would hit the ground directly at Bass’ feet, and Bass is immobile during the entire attack.

If the lava blob hits Treble, he will absorb it into his body and gain a fiery aura. Treble’s next attack will have slightly increased damage and knockback as well as deal fire damage. Treble can keep the charge forever if need be, but he will lose it if hit by water attacks.
Notes: This is a very situational move, considering it’s weak, has a strange hit box with the arc, and leaves Bass vulnerable from the front. It can be useful for the power-boost to Treble, though.

Dash Attack [Leash Laws]

This attack not only requires Treble, but he also has to be synched, otherwise nothing happens when you try to use this attack. Bass will skid to a stop in a miniscule distance as Treble continues to run past him at a higher than normal speed while barking furiously. Oily foam is also seen coming out of Treble’s mouth as though he has robotic rabies. Once Treble’s entire body is past Bass, Bass will shoot a thick metallic wire out of his hand at Treble at it will latch onto a small node on the back of Treble’s neck.

This is where the fun begins. The entire time Treble is in his raging charge, he deals 12% and above average knockback to anyone he hits. When the “leash” is attached to him, he is able to travel about 1/3 of Battlefield before Bass grabs the leash with both hands in order to try and restrain his dog, which causes Treble to be held in place at that spot. If you hold the A button for 1.5 seconds, Bass tugs hard at the leash, which pulls Treble back to him and also does some program that pacifies Treble. If you let go of A at any point, or you simply never press A at all at this point, Treble ends up snapping off the leash as he continues charging until he runs off a ledge or hits a wall, which will de-synch him from Bass as he stops, and he enters free fall should he run off the edge of the stage. Similarly, if Treble happens to do that before the leash is even fired, he will instantly calm down as well as de-synch. Treble’s entire body is a below average priority hitbox and the move has virtually no startup lag, above average end lag if Bass restrains Treble (due to the animation of pulling Treble back to him) and slightly below average end lag if Treble escapes. [Treble attack] [De-synch; if Bass does not restrain Treble]
Notes: Remember, de-synching is a part of this character’s gameplay, so don’t feel that you must always stop Treble’s rampage. Just be sure that he won’t end up running straight into a pit or past a walk-off blast zone.

SMASH ATTACKS

Forward Smash [Lunging Bite]

Bass points forwards ordering Treble to attack, as Treble lunges forwards as far as 2/3 of a battlefield floating platform from his current position. The front half of Treble’s body is the only hit box of this move, and it has low priority while dealing 10% (21% charged) and above average knockback. There is a low amount of startup lag but an average amount of end lag, and Bass is immobile and vulnerable during the entire move, having no damaging hit box of his own in this attack. Treble will stop at the edge of a platform. This move will de-synch Treble if he was currently synched with Bass, though if you have Treble perform this move and he ends up touching Bass, he will of course end up re-synching with him, but this is due to the way the synching mechanic works and is not a feature of this move. [Treble Attack] [De-synch]
Notes: This is one of Bass and Treble’s key moves. It is incredibly versatile, allowing you to leave Treble as a trap of sorts in a remote location only for you to perform this attack when your enemy draws near him, and it even has KO potential. But remember that Bass has no way of damaging opponents with this move, so don’t try it if Bass is cornered by himself.

Down Smash [Stop, Chop, and Roll]

Bass will kneel down on one knee and perform a quick horizontal chopping motion with one hand. This has average priority and deals 10% with average knockback. Low startup lag with below average end lag.

What’s that? You say this move is boring? Okay then, try this on for size. If you press A again like you’re performing a combo, Treble will curl up into a ball and proceed to roll around Bass like he was performing Sonic’s DSmash. He will adjust his radius so that he stops at the edge of platforms, but normally goes out one character width away from Bass. Unlike other combo smash attacks, the charging is performed at the second hit instead of the first. Treble’s rolling deals 12% (22% charged) and good knockback. He has decent priority. The second part of the attack has average end lag, and it requires Treble to be both alive and synched with Bass. [Treble Attack; second part of attack only]

Up Smash [Energy Kick]

Bass will hop just off the ground and deliver a high kick as yellow energy envelops his foot. The kick has below average priority and deals 10% with average knockback.

If you charge up half-way, Bass will glow green and the kick will deal the same damage, but good knockback and the move has average priority now. Both of these variants of the attack have below average end lag.

If you charge up all the way, Bass does almost a completely new move! He will now leap upwards the height of Ganondorf and forwards the height of Bowser while performing back-flip kick as his foot is enveloped in green energy, signifying the hit box of this move. This kick has great priority and deals 2 hits total, the first one dealing 10%, and the second dealing 12% and above average knockback. Additionally, performing this variant of the move de-synch’s Treble from Bass, as Treble will not follow Bass as he performs this flipping kick. This kick has above average end lag, and all variants of the attack have low startup lag. [De-synch; on fully charged attack only]

AERIAL ATTACKS

Neutral Aerial [Neutralizing Elements]

Bass will point an arm cannon forwards as he releases a stream of fire that travels as far as Marth’s sword. If Treble is alive, he will fire a stream of ice that is the same size. He will do this regardless of being synched or not. Both streams last for .7 seconds and deal 2% for each .1 second you are caught in it. The streams are disjointed and are moderately difficult to DI out of, but considering Bass (and Treble if he is synched) are moving through the air while firing, it is difficult to catch someone with all the hits of one stream. There is low startup lag and average end lag for both characters.

If the fire and ice streams happen to overlap they will in fact cancel each other out and turn to a stream of water where they connect. This has the same effect of a half-charged Mario FLUDD, making it a decent gimping tool.

Forward Aerial [Treble Comet]

Bass snaps his fingers which alerts Treble to perform this attack. Treble will quickly jet forwards while green energy envelops his body. Treble flies forwards as far as 2/3 of a battlefield floating platform at a decent speed. The green energy has high priority but only deals 6% with low knockback, while Treble’s direct body deals 11% with average knockback. If Treble is synched with Bass he will then turn around and perform another dash back to him, and this one can also deal damage. If Treble is not synched with Bass he will simply end the attack after the first charge. Treble will not stop at the edge of platforms and he does not enter free-fall if he ends over a pit. Either variation of the move has below average startup lag and virtually no end lag. [Treble Attack]

Back Aerial [Blade Shrapnel]

Bass will turn around as his left hand turns into a katana (the Tengu Blade) and his right hand turns into a fiery sword (the Fire Sword). He will then scrape the two swords together. This part does no damage, but the scraping of fire and steel causes a wave of fiery shrapnel to radiate outwards from the point where the blades collide. It ends up covering an area the size of Donkey Kong before it fizzles out, and hitting the shrapnel wave results in 13% but no knockback, just slight hitstun. The shrapnel is disjointed. Below average startup lag with low end lag.

Now, it is not a good idea to do this move if Treble is in the area where the shrapnel would hit. If Treble is hit by the shrapnel, he covers his eyes in pain and drops straight down to the ground (possibly a pit) and takes 9% while being de-synched. If Treble happened to already be de-synched, he will simply take the damage. [De-synch; if Treble is hit by shrapnel]

Up Aerial [Thunder Chain]

Bass will fold his arms and concentrate as he levitates in place for 1 second. After that second passes, he will suddenly look up and spread his arms as a lightning bolt instantly strikes between himself and Treble, connecting the two no matter how far apart they are. It will even pass through walls and floors. The lightning bolt is disjointed and deals 10% with low knockback. There is below average end lag. The attacks works even if Treble is being damaged, as Bass is the one activating the “program” of the attack. If Treble is dead when Bass uses this move, he will emit a small electrical aura around himself that has low priority and deals 7% with low knockback.
Notes: Obviously, this move is useless when Treble is synched with Bass, as there won’t be any real room for the lightning bolt to take up.

Down Aerial [Ice Wall]

Bass leans forwards while he puts his hands together underneath himself. He then fires two streams of ice together that quickly start to form into a solid block of ice that is about his height but slightly thinner. The ice block then falls straight down until it hits the ground, and anyone hit by it falling is simply pushed out of the way. This has virtually not startup or end lag, but the whole process of making the ice block takes about .8 seconds, during which time Bass is vulnerable and if he is hit before he forms the ice block it simply disappears.

Once the ice block is formed, it acts like a wall of sorts, blocking movement, attacks, and projectiles. The block will shatter after taking 15 damage. Bass is also affected by the ice block. Only one ice block can be on the screen at once, and if you input this command while one is already out, quite simply nothing will happen. The ice block can be shoved by strong attacks, and in this case it will damage opponents if it hits them for damage proportional to its speed, with the strongest shove dealing 16% and good knockback. The ice block will actually melt if hit by fire attacks, instantly destroying it while not affecting anyone else.
Notes: This is a pretty fun move to use. Besides creating an obstacle on the field, Bass and Treble can push the ice-block themselves, and Bass’ Utilt is a fire attack, enabling you to quickly get rid of your own ice block should you want to.

SPECIAL MOVES

Neutral Special [Treble Command]

Bass will put a hand to his chin as though he’s thinking while a small green cross-hair appears over Treble’s head. While holding the B button, you then use the control stick to move the crosshair around, and it moves at an above average speed. This can be done indefinitely. When you release the B button, the cross-hair will disappear Bass will point forwards with the hand that was on his chin as Treble starts to make his way to the location that the cross-hair was at, moving at his standard running speed.

Treble will stop moving once any part of his body touches the location, or if he takes damage. If you use this move while Treble is already going somewhere, he will immediately begin to move to the newly marked location. If the location is in the air, Treble will simply fall down once he hits the spot, and if he happens to walk over Bass while going to the marked location, he will ignore him and no re-synch. There is no limit to how far away you can order Treble to move to, you could have him go across Hyrule Temple if you really wanted to, but if you mark a location too high up Treble will just keep trying to reach it forever until you tell him to do something else. Once Treble begins to move, Bass is free to do as he pleases, but if he does an attack involving Treble, Treble will forget his command as he does the new attack. There is low startup and end lag to using the move.[De-synch]
Notes: You can “cancel” Treble’s movement at any time by quickly tapping the B button, which will mark Treble’s current position with the cross-hair, thereby causing him to stop moving due to already being at the marked location. A simple but vital technique to master.

Side Special [Missile Frisbee]

Bass will point an arm forwards at shoot out a small missile that travels as fast as a Super Missile from Samus. It will keep going forwards until it travels off the screen or hits something, dealing 10% with average knockback when it connects, but it doesn’t have much priority. Average startup and end lag to firing the missile. Only one missile can be on the screen at a time.

Now, what at first appears like a basic projectile has one special trick up its sleeve. If you perform the input for this move again while a missile is already on the screen, it will instantly detonate, performing the same damage as a regular collision. When this happens, a bladed disk will shoot out backwards from the interior of the missile, and it travels on a downwards curve at a high speed, dealing 8% with below average knockback if it hits someone.

If Treble is de-synched from Bass and the disk passes over him from a height of no greater than one Bowser, he will begin to chase after the disk like it is in fact a Frisbee. He runs at his normal dash speed and anyone he collides into will take 6% and be knocked down, and this includes Bass himself. If Bass gets knocked down he will have an annoyed look on his face 90% of the time, but the other 10% he will crack a smile and chuckle a little at his dog’s display of its playful side. Treble will stop once the Frisbee disappears or he reaches the edge of a platform.

Up Special [Treble Coil]

Treble will lay flat on the ground (or air if need be) as a panel on his back opens up and a spring board will quickly pop out of it, resting in a coiled position. Treble will stop moving once he does this, de-synching from Bass if he was currently synched. Treble will lay in this position until he is either damaged, Bass initiates the next part of the move, or you perform the move input again, which causes Treble to revert back to his normal position.

If Bass lands on top of Treble while he is in the spring position, the springboard will pop up, causing Bass to fly high into the air like a super-jump of sorts, rising as high as 1.3 times the distance of Sonic's Up-B Bass is free to use aerials while he is in this state. If this is used on Treble while he is in the air, he will enter freefall. It takes about .4 seconds for Treble to enter and exit his spring mode.

Down Special [S-Adaptor]

This move requires Treble to be synched with Bass to be performed. Bass leap upwards as far as a Samus Screw Attack while shouting “Come Treble!” Treble will then leap upwards as well and he will latch onto Bass’ head with his claws as a sphere of light envelops the duo, signifying the start of their fusion. If either character is damaged before they start to fuse the move is canceled and both characters will enter free-fall. Once they start to fuse, they have super armor until the fusion is complete. The fusion process takes about 1.5 seconds to do.

When the fusion process is complete, S-Adaptor Bass emerges from the sphere of light, looking like the above picture, and he does not enter free fall when he appears. In this form, Bass has buffed jump strength (7/10) with 2 midair jumps instead of 1, lowered fall speed (4/10), and his dash is nearly as fast as Captain Falcon’s by soaring across the landscape using his wing-jets, though this dash has worse than average traction. The two damage meters are still there, but since the characters are fused, taking damage in this form adds to the damage for both Bass and Treble, and S-Adaptor Bass takes regular knockback from moves, so this isn’t a pseudo final smash. The knockback is determined by the damage in Bass' coutner.

As for offensive functions, pressing A will cause S-Bass to fire a thin green laser from his arm cannon. It travels as fast and as far as Fox’s laser and deals 8% with average knockback. There is low lag on both ends to firing the laser, but only one can be on the screen at a time, and the laser has low priority. If you hold the A button for 2 seconds, S-Bass will begin to glow green to show that he has charged up his other attack. When you release the A button, Bass’ right forearm will fire off his body using rockets in the elbow joint. It travels at the speed of Wolf’s blaster and as far, but it has excellent homing abilities, making very sharp turns as it travels forwards, so the enemy will have to shield, air dodge, or be out of range to avoid the arm. Being hit by the rocket punch deals 14% with good knockback, and the arm is disjointed. Upon reaching its maximum range, the arm will quickly return to S-Bass and reattach. This is the same arm as the one used for the lasers so the laser attack cannot be used while the arm is flying. There is low lag to firing the arm.

While you can remain in this form forever if you please, upon being KOd Bass and Treble will respawn in their normal forms. If you want to de-fuse the characters in the middle of your current stock, simply perform the input for the move again, and the same motion of leaping into the air with a sphere of light will occur, but now the regular Bass and Treble will emerge, and this time they will enter free fall upon the animation finishing. [Treble Attack]

GRABS

Upon pressing the grab button, Treble will lean forwards ever so slightly and chomp with his teeth, holding onto a victim’s leg should he manage to catch someone. Because Treble is usually behind Bass, this means that you’ll probably want to only use this grab when Treble is de-synched somewhere, waiting for an unlucky victim to draw too close to him.

One the enemy is in his jaws, they can struggle free just like any other grab. However, since Treble is the one holding the enemy, and Bass is the character you control, damaging a grabbed victim has to work differently than the traditional Smash Bros character. There is no pummel attack with this grab; in order to get some extra damage in before throwing, you’ll have to attack the grabbed enemy with Bass.

When it comes time to finishing the grab, you have one throw that is performed by pressing the grab button again. Treble will gather energy into his mouth before sending the victim away with a green burst of energy which deals 10% and average knockback on a low trajectory.

The entire grab is a [Treble Attack]

SITUATIONALS

Ironically, Bass and Treble still only have 2 get-up attacks, and 2 ledge attacks. However, each character only has one regardless of the specifics (i.e. lying on their front or back) If Bass finds himself in a situational position, you just have to press A to do the attack like normal, but if Treble is in the special position, you must press the grab button to have Treble do it, due to Treble not being the main playable character. S-Adaptor Bass will use Bass’ situationals. Bass and Treble cannot share an edge, so if Treble is holding on to the edge he will have to use his attack to free up space for his master. Finally, either character ending up in a situational position will de-synch the pair.

Get-up Attack (Bass) [Buster Barrage]

Bass will point his arm cannon towards his head-side and fire 4 quick energy bullets from it that each travel as far as Mario’s Fireballs and deal 2% with slight hit stun. The bullets have low priority. Bass will then quickly get up to his standing position.

Get-up Attack (Treble) [Roll Over]

Treble will perform a low pivoting hop to face the camera, and then he will roll in the direction he was originally facing as far as Luigi’s dash attack at a decent speed. His body is a low priority hitbox that deals 7% with average knockback. Treble will end the move on his stomach stretching his legs to get back to his basic position. [Treble attack]

Ledge Attack (Bass) [Delayed Missile]

Bass will let go with one hand as it turns to cannon mode and Bass points it straight upwards. He will then fire a small missile that will turn to face towards the stage and hover in place as Bass climbs back onto the stage. When Bass is on the stage, the missile will then boost forwards at a good speed, dealing 10% and average knockback if it hits someone. The missile has below average priority.

Ledge Attack (Treble) [Piercing Howl]

Treble will howl loudly, which will emit a sound-wave around his mouth that has the radius of Luigi’s height. Anybody hit by the sound wave, including Bass, will be stunned for 1 second if they are on the ground, or be forced into freefall if they are in the air. After howling, Treble will scramble back up to solid ground. [Treble attack]

--- FINAL SMASH - DARK ENERGY ---

Bass hold up a hand as purple energy emits from it while he yells “I’ll show you true power!” At this point the final smash works differently depending on if Treble is alive or not.

If Treble is KOd, then the purple energy will shoot out from Bass’ hand into the air and form itself into Treble, and then Treble and his master will be instantly teleported to the stage’s center, synched. This effectively revives Treble, and his damage meter is reset to 0. Bass and Treble are both invincible for the duration of this move.

If Treble is still alive, then he will leap to Bass’s location and turn into dark energy as he fuses with Bass. A bright flash of light comes out from their location, and when it clears we find that Bass is now in his ultimate form. In this form, he can freely fly around with the control stick, moving as fast as Super Dragon Yoshi. You are invincible and the final smash lasts for 17 seconds, after which the beam light reappears and Bass and Treble reemerge in their normal forms. You have 2 attacks in this form, activated by pressing various buttons:

A [Darkness Overload]

Gee, that name sounds familiar! Bass will lift one arm cannon high into the air and fire a large blob of energy straight upwards. Almost as soon as it is fired, the energy splits into 4 smaller shots that all travel in downward arcs similar to the UTilt, with 2 shots on each side of Bass and the ones on the same remaining close together even after falling a great distance. Each shot has good priority and deals 17% with good knockback. Hitting the big shot in the moments before it splits deals 27% with insane vertical knockback, almost like a vertical Falcon Punch. There is average startup lag to fire the shot but low end lag.

B [Angel of Death]

Bass will lift up his arms as his purple wingtips begin to glow harshly. After .7 seconds, each of the wingtips will release a small black ball of energy that will linger in the air for 4 seconds. Bass can begin to move again once the energy is released. After those 2 seconds pass, the energy balls will quickly dart for the nearest enemy, dealing 9% and slight hit stun if they connect, which only makes it easier for subsequent ones to hit the enemy. These also chew right through shields and have good priority. The real thing keeping this from being unstoppable is that only one set of these orbs can be on the stage at once, so Bass can only use this 3 times at most in a single final smash, and that’s only if he spams this move non-stop, and this move has no KO potential.

--- STRATEGY GUIDE ---

This is most certainly not a character a beginner wants to play. If you thought playing one character was difficult enough to control, now you’ve essentially got to manage two characters at the same time. At least you only need one controller!

The first thing you should get a handle of is just what attacks are performed by Bass, and what attacks are performed by Treble. Similarly to Captain Olimar’s Pikmin, you need to have Treble alive in order for certain inputs to do anything. If you accidently have Treble attack when he is de-synched on the opposite side of the stage from your opponent, well, that isn’t good.

However, the real meat and potatoes of this pair comes from their synching and de-synching. This isn’t a team where you always Treble close to you; in fact, much of the time you’ll want your dog to be watching over a different part of the stage from yourself. This effectively gives you a larger area of space that you control. For example, you can chase your enemy away from Bass only for him to end up right in front of Treble as you have Treble perform the FSmash. The primary method of positioning Treble is via Treble Command, as the targeting phase starts and ends quickly and it gives you complete precision over where you want Treble to be. Beyond that, some attacks have a side effect of de-synching Treble, so you’ll want to take that into account when you use those moves. In the case Bair, you simply want Treble to be de-synched so that you have less of a chance of damaging him with the attack, providing you with a great damage racking tool.

But wait! You don’t ALWAYS want Treble to be de-synched! Oh no, depending on the situation, you could very well require your faithful robotic canine to be at your side. Maybe you want to try and get a water blast with combined Nairs in order to gimp your foe. Maybe you want to take advantage of the return strike with fair. The second part of DSmash and S-Adaptor require Treble to be synched to even be usable. You can’t simply have Treble just running off on his own for no reason, you have think of what exactly will happen to both you and your dog when you use that fully charged FSmash.

When you do become well acquainted with how all your moves interact with the positions of both Bass and Treble, you see just what makes this character shine. They may not be very fast or strong, but they can pressure the opponents with attacks coming from two different directions, and when the enemy finally does start to make frustrated mistakes, now’s the time to synch up and us a DSmash combo! The pair’s grab game is also built to take advantage of this character’s unique pressuring and spacing strategies. The normal grab is best used when Treble is de-synched, especially when the opponent is forced into shielding in front of Treble due to an attack from Bass. When synched, it is better to use the DTilt to get Treble in front of Bass for the grab, and this has a unique hit box that is mainly vertical, making it more of an anti-air tool than a real grab.

KOing and recovering with this character is no standard task. The two main KO moves are Treble’s portion of the DSmash, and a strike with a speeding Dair ice block. The former requires Treble to be synched with Bass; the later requires setting up the ice block and then using a stronger move to shove it into foes, which requires careful planning and spacing, especially if you don’t want the ice block to be shoved into yourself. If all else fails, you could always try to use S-Adaptor for its rocket punch, and its good aerial movement would allow you to perform respectably with edge guarding. Recovering is extremely difficult under most circumstances, considering the only real recovery move is Treble Coil, but if Bass is sent flying far enough that he would need to recover, he would need Treble to have come along with him to take advantage of the move, and even if you do survive, Treble will end up falling to the dark abyss, leaving Bass at a noticeable disadvantage. S-Adaptor suffers from a similar problem, but you could always activate it the moment Bass is a high percent and simply hold onto it for the rest of the current stock, using its 2 strong midair jumps and low fall speed to make it back to safety more often than not. The primary problem with S-Adaptor is that as powerful as it may be, only having 2 attacks makes you incredibly predictable.

So, that’s Bass and Treble. You can’t simply spam fast moves to build damage, nor can you get an early KO with an incredibly strong move. You have to learn to micromanage one character using simple button inputs while controlling the other like a standard smash bros character. You have to pressure opponents into making dumb mistakes with multi-angled moves and give them absolutely nowhere to run or hide. Remember, Treble is not just some weapon; he’s your companion, your partner. You need each other to survive.

--- OTHER ---

KIRBY HAT

Kirby can only copy Bass. If he inhales Treble he will get no hat. As for the hat itself, Kirby will get Bass’ yellow helmet and learn Treble Command. The moment Kirby gets the hat, a robotic waddle dee will appear behind him to be his own Treble. For Treble Command, the move works almost exactly the same, but if the Waddle Bot touches an enemy, it will emit an electrical zap as it continues walking to its destination, that deals 9% with low knockback. This is to give the move some use, since Kirby doesn’t have access to all of the Treble attacks after all. The Waddle Bot will remain until Kirby looses the hat.

SPECIAL ANIMATIONS

Bass and Treble actually have 4 taunts, up and down taunts when synched, an up taunt for Bass when de-synched, and a down taunt for Treble when de-synched.

Synched Up Taunt: Bass will turn to face Treble and he will gently pat him one the head while letting out a gruff “Good boy!”
Synched Down Taunt: Treble will let out a loud howl, which causes Bass to cover his ears. When the howl is over, Bass will glare at Treble for a moment before returning to his basic position.
De-Synched Bass Taunt: Bass will levitate just off the ground, holding up his arms as a green aura surrounds him for a few moments.
De-Synched Treble Taunt: Treble will chase his tail for a few moments.
Win Animation 1: Bass will fold his arms and laugh. Treble howls slightly before going into the classic “stay” pose, panting slightly.
Win Animation 2: Bass is seen sitting on a metallic throne of sorts, and will say “Now you see that we are the strongest.” Treble can be seen curled up next to the chair, and after Bass says his line he will slowly pet Treble until you leave the results screen.
Win Animation 3: S-Adaptor Bass will lower onto the screen, and he will say “This power…it feels purifying to me!” while examining his hands
Loose Animation: Bass will begrudgingly clap for the winner while Treble can be seen stiffening up and growling at the winner. Sometimes Treble will even try to attack the winner but Bass will use the wire-leash to pull him back.

SNAKE CODEC

Snake: Otacon, I’m fighting a robot with an ego…he also brought his dog….
Otacon: You mean Megaman and his pal Rush? I don’t recall him having an ego. In any case, you should watch out for
Snake: This isn’t Megaman. This robot’s yellow, and his dog is purple and looks like a feral wolf.
Otacon: Oh! Bass and Treble! I knew that. For the most part, his capabilities are similar to Megaman, but he’s a lot more arrogant and tends to focus on outright destroying his opponents. Treble is also quite powerful himself.
Snake: Even so, I’m sure Treble won’t have the will to fight if the pack leader is defeated. I’ll just have to do my best to avoid confronting that mutt and concentrate on Bass.
Otacon: Be careful Snake. Treble is no Lassie.

UNLOCK INFO

How to Unlock: Play 50 team matches.
Unlock Message: “Bass and Treble, the robotic tag-team, joins the Brawl!”

JAPANESE NAMES

As you may or may not know, Bass and Treble have different names in Japan. Respectively, they are Forte and Gospel. If you prefer these names, you can perform a similar input to selecting Zero Suit Samus by holding L or R on the character select screen. However, what’s really nice about this feature is that you can customize the names individually. Hold L to toggle Bass/Forte, and hold R to toggle Treble/Gospel. This will change the text on the screen as well as the announcer’s references to them. Now you never have to complain about how bad one region’s names are ever again!

MUSIC

Megaman 7: Bass Theme Music - This is also the song that plays during the Roll Call.
Megaman 1: Elec Man
Megaman 2: Air Man
Megaman 3: Gemini Man
Megaman 4: Bright Man
Megaman 5: Wave Man
Megaman 6: Blizzard Man
Megaman 7: Burst Man
Megaman 8: Astro Man
Megaman 9: Tornado Man
Megaman and Bass: Cold Man

SirKibble

Smash Champion
HR, we've known this moveset was coming, and I was sure I would like it from the moment I heard it announced.

But I don't like it, you hear me?! I don't like it!!

I love it!!

It's a Megafanboy's dream come true. I love everything, all the moves, the desynching AND tag team effort, the characters (lolseriesbias), the-- GAH I JUST LOVE IT ALL!!

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
@HR: Your best out of sets you've posted. I like the simple mechanic that is similar that of the Ice Climbers, but I love the interactive moves that Bass and Treble have, and I like their range and strageic based Playstyle, thinking that in a current situation, would having the pair synched or not would be on the mind of player constantly. Bass and Treble sounds like he wouldn't be a "pick up and play" character, and a learning curve that is without a doubt sky high. A great Job HR, one of the better sets now!

And plus, you're back in the game (Who thought you wern't from the start o.O?) to some now (I guess). Look forward for more from you and the majourity now, as per usual :D.

~~ The zOMG HAXZ dancer has voiced!

I'll continue the ending thing, it's... so random... it's sooo... me!

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
rofl @ counter post.

I'm gonna read those two in a bit, and Bass and Treble indeed looks great at a glance.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@Bass & Treble:
I can't help myself but continously thinking of Megaman & the Pompous Robots while reading through this set... =P

Anyway, it's a great moveset, definitely your best one, and one of the better ones in this contest so far. The de-synch-mechanic is simple yet great, and some of the moves are almost blinding in their sheer beauty and originality. ^_^

That you used sprites for some of them makes it even more awesome.

Great job!

@Bundt:
Probably the worst time to post this... =P

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
HR, we've known this moveset was coming, and I was sure I would like it from the moment I heard it announced.

But I don't like it, you hear me?! I don't like it!!

I love it!!

It's a Megafanboy's dream come true. I love everything, all the moves, the desynching AND tag team effort, the characters (lolseriesbias), the-- GAH I JUST LOVE IT ALL!!
You were one of the main supporters of this move set, so I'm glad to see you loved it.:bee:

@HR: Your best out of sets you've posted. I like the simple mechanic that is similar that of the Ice Climbers, but I love the interactive moves that Bass and Treble have, and I like their range and strageic based Playstyle, thinking that in a current situation, would having the pair synched or not would be on the mind of player constantly. Bass and Treble sounds like he wouldn't be a "pick up and play" character, and a learning curve that is without a doubt sky high. A great set HR!

~~ The zOMG HAXZ dancer has voiced!

I'll continue the ending thing, it's... so random... it's sooo... me!
My....best? 8D

Yay! That means a lot to me!:bee:

@Bass & Treble:
I can't help myself but continously thinking of Megaman & the Pompous Robots while reading through this set... =P

Anyway, it's a great moveset, definitely your best one, and one of the better ones in this contest so far. The de-synch-mechanic is simple yet great, and some of the moves are almost blinding in their sheer beauty and originality. ^_^

That you used sprites for some of them makes it even more awesome.

Great job!
Two people have said this is my best now. I guess I'll believe it!:bee:

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
What ya expect Ridley? A detective frog is telling what he feels out loud. Although, I really only post positive feedback, unless there's something glaringly wrong or I feel uncomfortable about (though that's mainly about detail though, but I <3 me some detailz, as you lot can probably tell :laugh:).

Poor Bundit/Wizzerd, his set being left in the shadow, not surprising though from the epicness of HRs set though, bad timing was bad unfortunatly.

We need more Sonic now lol!

~~ A frog who actually tries to have a laugh seems to have unsurpisingly posted <3!

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
B&T was an enjoyable read for me. A lot of the moves were pretty creative, especially the concept of synching and desynching. Use of sprites also helped and I could visualize each attack in my head from good descriptions. Good job Hyper Ridley.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Two people have said this is my best now. I guess I'll believe it!:bee:

Don't believe it yet H_R.

Bass and Treble is your best set, you keep improving and improving at an insane pace.

Now you can believe it :bee:.

Seriously, that set was fantastic, and is definitely worthy of the title your best set. I'm a huge fan of tag team characters, and like with my favourite set of MYM4, Cortex and Tiny, this does not disappoint.
The fact each character has a health bar is a great feature, and something the Ice Climbers could have benefited from. The moves are detailed well, and are all interesting, and the little pictures help bring more life into the set.

Cortex and Tiny proved that a joint set could work with characters I'm familiar with.
Bass and Treble proves that you don't need to know anything about the characters to create a marvelous set.

Well done, well done indeed.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
B&T was an enjoyable read for me. A lot of the moves were pretty creative, especially the concept of synching and desynching. Use of sprites also helped and I could visualize each attack in my head from good descriptions. Good job Hyper Ridley.
Glad to see more love of the sprites. Having them to look at when making this thing was what gave me some of the move ideas. ^_^

Don't believe it yet H_R.

Bass and Treble is your best set, you keep improving and improving at an insane pace.

Now you can believe it :bee:.

Seriously, that set was fantastic, and is definitely worthy of the title your best set. I'm a huge fan of tag team characters, and like with my favourite set of MYM4, Cortex and Tiny, this does not disappoint.
The fact each character has a health bar is a great feature, and something the Ice Climbers could have benefited from. The moves are detailed well, and are all interesting, and the little pictures help bring more life into the set.

Cortex and Tiny proved that a joint set could work with characters I'm familiar with.
Bass and Treble proves that you don't need to know anything about the characters to create a marvelous set.

Well done, well done indeed.
Thanks a bunch Jimny. I appreciate it. =D

But now I gotta try and do even better next time :laugh:

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Yeah, very bad time to post it. Oh well, I'm glad I put it up there, since it was really hard to write. You try to make a moveset for a cake! By the way, Hyper_Ridley, I can edit Bundt into a different post if you like.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Yeah, very bad time to post it. Oh well, I'm glad I put it up there, since it was really hard to write. You try to make a moveset for a cake! By the way, Hyper_Ridley, I can edit Bundt into a different post if you like.
Eh, I think it would be best to leave things as they are. Maybe I'll review Bundit to make things even.:bee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom