• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well I'm sorry I didn't show you my final product before I came here. And they are not random ideas, they are actually thought out ideas trying to base off other Sonic games. No reason to bash me for actually trying to become apart of this.
I'm not bashing you. By all means. Just "Bair: Like Sonic's" is not really what a move respectively moveset should look like, at least not if you want to participate in this contest. =/

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Bundt: I would love to play as a cake. (No lie.) The moveset itself is very fun, with some wacky moves everywhere. I've never played SMRPG, so I don't know if a lot of these moves are actually from the game or what. They seem to be pretty creative and well implemented. I like the Forward Tilt, for some reason and the Final Smash jsut makes me hungry (it's great). The codec is also funny. The mechanic is interesting, and doesn't seem too distracting. However....

- a Dash attack that needs a 20-second charge? Really?
- the Dtilt when Alight can only be used once per stock? What?
- many of the throws seem like they'd lead to chaingrabbing
- I'd move Raspberry's attacks to right after his move description.

Also, most of the attacks could still use a bit more detail, as they're not 100% clear. Still, it was a fun-to-read moveset and very good. Try some bolding for attack names and percentags too. :bee:
Thanks for the feedback. The idea for the dash attack was that you needed a twenty-second charge that charges automatically, like Wario Waft or Robo Laser, but I could have been more clear about that. I thought the DTilt, what with the reflective properties, could be broken against projectile-based characters. As for the throws... I suppose you're right. And the Raspberry moves seemed like an appendix, but that could have made more organized in the move description. And by the way, you should get Super Mario RPG for the Virtual Console (after World of Goo of course :p). It's pretty fun.

Anyway, I said I'd do Medli or Makar next, but instead I think I'm going to make a moveset for Mario and Luigi of RPG fame.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Thanks for the feedback. The idea for the dash attack was that you needed a twenty-second charge that charges automatically, like Wario Waft or Robo Laser, but I could have been more clear about that. I thought the DTilt, what with the reflective properties, could be broken against projectile-based characters. As for the throws... I suppose you're right. And the Raspberry moves seemed like an appendix, but that could have made more organized in the move description. And by the way, you should get Super Mario RPG for the Virtual Console (after World of Goo of course :p). It's pretty fun.

Anyway, I said I'd do Medli or Makar next, but instead I think I'm going to make a moveset for Mario and Luigi of RPG fame.
Ah, thanks for clearing some of that up. You still made a great moveset for a cake. *doesn't have Wii, can't enjoy the cake*

Medli and Makar are the bird girl and leaf child from Wind Waker, right? Wait a minute...is there more to them than meets the eye? I haven't gotten too far in Wind Waker yet, just finished the Tower of the Gods....*AGH SPOILERS*

iSpiN

Smash Journeyman
I'm not bashing you. By all means. Just "Bair: Like Sonic's" is not really what a move respectively moveset should look like, at least not if you want to participate in this contest. =/
Its appearance is the same, but the outcome is still different cause apparently you didn't read the rest of the description cause it clearly states it will send them vertically. And I clearly say in the description I wanted a Luigi-fied, while trying to make everything function differently. Sorry, my friend told me to post it here so I could get the feedback I needed, but nvm.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Ah, thanks for clearing some of that up. You still made a great moveset for a cake. *doesn't have Wii, can't enjoy the cake*

Medli and Makar are the bird girl and leaf child from Wind Waker, right? Wait a minute...is there more to them than meets the eye? I haven't gotten too far in Wind Waker yet, just finished the Tower of the Gods....*AGH SPOILERS*
*remains silent*

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Its appearance is the same, but the outcome is still different cause apparently you didn't read the rest of the description cause it clearly states it will send them vertically. And I clearly say in the description I wanted a Luigi-fied, while trying to make everything function differently. Sorry, my friend told me to post it here so I could get the feedback I needed, but nvm.
So you say your moveset is good? Have you looked at what effort the people put into their movesets here? Here, I'll quote the Forward Tilt of my first set here in MYM5, Golbez.
I repeat, this is a contest, not to "show off your ideas". =/

Forward Tilt:

Pentagon Shield
Sweeping his hands in front of his face, Golbez summons a forcefield in form of a pentagon. The borders of the shield are marked by lightning bolts connecting each other. The shield has insanely bad range, but covers Golbez' whole front. The field itself and its bolts are only as thick as a Pikmin, and between Golbez and the shield is the distance of about the same amount. If someone touches the shield, they recieve 4% damage and will be flinched backwards like if they were electrocuted. The move also has almost no startup or ending lag. Now, due to the bad range, it sounds useless, but there is a reason it is called a "shield". It will reflect energy based projectiles (Space Animal Blasters, Pit's Arrows, Samus' Charge Shot) and absorb general projectiles (Link's Arrows, Samus' Missiles). The Pentagon Shield can only defend from one projectile, and if it fails, Golbez growls and kicks the ground, rendering him defenseless for a brief moment.

Smady

Smash Master
This may be a contest, but that doesn't mean that people shouldn't post their movesets just because you, Fox, or anyone else considers them to be inadequate. If that were the case, there would only be a few people posting here.

As long as they take criticism well and are prepared to make changes, I don't see any problem with newcomers posting newcomer movesets. They can hardly help it.

iSpiN

Smash Journeyman
Wow Smash Daddy, you're the first person who hasn't jumped at me for posting my moveset, thank you.

Let me try this again. *clears throat*

SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG(link)

I just want some ideas, I don't care about the contest as much as how this could actually be a legit character in Brawl+. Please give me feedback and don't bash me for not being as in depth as the others here. :(

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
It didn't have the requirements to be an accepted movesets, either: no Final Smash, no Throws.

Almost all of the moves were just "Like XY's, does fire damage", and that's it. =/

Even if I use moves similar to those of some existing character, I at least try to make them different enough, and not everyone knows all moves of every character, on top of that.

iSpiN

Smash Journeyman
It didn't have the requirements to be an accepted movesets, either: no Final Smash, no Throws.

Almost all of the moves were just "Like XY's, does fire damage", and that's it. =/

Even if I use moves similar to those of some existing character, I at least try to make them different enough, and not everyone knows all moves of every character, on top of that.
iSpiN said:
This is for lulz and consideration when/if new characters can be coded into the game.
I don't think you can code entirely different moves, so I'm recycling other moves while still varying them. I have yet to look at frame data and determine how this character would be balanced. That is also kinda why I'm asking.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
So you actually want to implement that moveset into Smash via hacking?

I guess it would be better to ask in one of the Brawl+ Threads, then.

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
Sil'fer: Fantastic organization here. Quite a few interesting concepts, too. I'm glad to finally see a moveset from you, Shake, and it doesn't disappoint. Although I don't particularly like the centered text... I know that aligning it at the right would ruin the effect, but it feels kinda unnatural to be always reading from the middle of the page.
Thanks. Having the stuff put toward the left just didn't seem right, but I guess only I felt that way heh.

iSpiN

Smash Journeyman
This contest is about, among other things, trying to create an original moveset for a existing or made-up character. Here's a good example from MYM4.
Ok, I didn't want to make it so much original while still basing it off the games. I did try to make more use of his jet shoes as an attacking method, but thats as far as I went other than the Chaos effect.

I just wanted for others to view the moveset, honestly.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Balloon Fighter: Also a very cool moveset. You once again do a great job of harnessing all the potential possible in a character, and what results is this cool little fella. The only things that nag at me are those quirky tilts that do no damage that you're a big fan of (:bee:) and the fact that I'm not exactly sure exactly how many midair jumps Baloon fighter has. Does it depend on the number of balloons? Other than that, it's really great, and I just love the Final Smash and stage. (I feel like he needs victory music, though.) Great job! :bee:
I gotta have my wacky tilts. (There's only the D-Tilt this time, though.) :bee:

And as long as he's got balloons, he can perform all of his mid-air jumps. Even one balloon will get him all of them.

Hmm. . . Victory music. . . Will get. :bee:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
@Scar and Hyenas: Ahh, I've been looking forward to this. First off, the first Victory Pose is win. Second, you did a good job doing justice to a character with such a unique body structure. Only problem: Alt Costumes Do not Give Alt Stats/Attacks. This is NEVER a good idea. It only serves to be confusing.
Uh...the only alt. costume is Nuka, which had the three different stats listed...:ohwell:..and he has no alt attacks, but I listed the alt. taunt/victory pose, so yeah. Do you mean Alt. Colors? Cause those don't have different stats...

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
I had extensive minature reviews of Bass & Treble and Mia typed up. . .Hit quick reply. . .The window crashed. Yeah. Fun. So now you don't get to have as extensive as critique. Blah.

MIA

I know this is HORRIBLY late, but Mia is one of the few movesets I’ve read in the storm of movesets posted recently, so here’s another miniature review for ya.

No shortage of unique moves here, without a doubt. The up special and throws (Throws can make or break a moveset for a D3 main) are my favorite moves in the set without a doubt, and it’s hard to find a move in here that’s outright boring. I do feel it a bit awkward, though, that the elaborate mechanic you came up with is primarily used for the final smash, making it an afterthought with items turned off. I’d consider trying to further implement it into the main moveset somehow. That said, it’s implementation into the final smash is brilliant and well done, although it’s a shame the main move for the mechanic is the neutral B, since they means you can’t change the amount you have set/on standby once you have the smash ball.

My main concern here is a lack of detail. Not a single mention of priority is in the set, and few moves list both starting and ending lag. If nothing else, this does make the moveset easier to read through, and using Shellder’s organization where you bold the percentages certainly helps. I also find Mia slightly on the overpowered side with her having a good amount of moves with “good” knockback or higher, and the percentages of the throws sound a tad bit too high for comfort (Which is a shame, considering the throws are among the most original moves in the set), much less allowing the dthrow to set up for an easy kill. The overpowered effects of some of the various forms of the neutral special are excused due to the randomness and the mechanic limiting use of it.

Overall, one of the better sets out there, but my personal stances keep it from being one of my favorites, and the playstyle quite simply doesn’t flow as well as some of the top contenders. It’s doubtful though that my concerns on detail will both many other people, though, so this moveset should fare fine as the contest goes in. A fine job.
Bah, priority? We don't need no stinking priority. :p

Actually, I never really thought about it. Huh, perhaps I should work on incorporating that into Hypno's set. I actually mention lag a good bit in his set, if I do recall.

AHHHHHHHH!!!!! *Goes ballistic*

Medli would be SO MUCH FUN!!!! GWAH!!!

...If you don't want to do her, can I have her? :)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I don't think you can code entirely different moves, so I'm recycling other moves while still varying them. I have yet to look at frame data and determine how this character would be balanced. That is also kinda why I'm asking.
MYM isn't the place for this, man. This place is for movesets that are original and are meant to be serious entries in this contest. It's not for ideas that you would like to be seen added to Brawl+.

Of course, if you were to make an original moveset for Shadow, one that isn't "XY character's attack + fire", then we'd welcome it with open arms!

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Bass & Treble: Quite simply, one of the greatest duo movesets I've ever read. Maybe even best, period. Great, simple mechanic, the individual attacks remain creative without getting too outrageous, and the playstyle section is your best yet, one of the best, period. I would quite agree that this surpasses both Black Doom and my own (overrated BY WARLORD) Kawasaki.
Bass and Treble: Very cool moveset. There's nothing like a (robot) man and his dog. I thought the Standard Combo was a little awkward with regards to button input, but overall, it's a cool set with some cool moves in there. I love the interactions between Bass and treble too. Great job! :bee:
Yay!

Happy HR is Happy.:bee:

@iSpiN: I appreciate you showing us the move set, but like some others said, I think it would be better being in a SSB4 or Brawl+ thread, seeing as that's what it is intendted for.:)

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
AHHHHHHHH!!!!! *Goes ballistic*

Medli would be SO MUCH FUN!!!! GWAH!!!

...If you don't want to do her, can I have her? :)
What I meant was that I would do Medli/Makar afterwards.
We could do it as a joint moveset if you want...

Kris121

Smash Journeyman
I am now officially announcing the ultimate Moveset for any body that plays the video game Maplestory.

A 5 part moveset based on the Beginner, The Warrior, The Bowman, The Thief, and the Mage. With a unique feature you can not WAIT TO SEE!! Filled to the brim with EXTRAS! DETAIL! And your favorite originality and relevence. Expect this to be done eventually this is gonna take forever!! But expect MURRAY On the first MY B- Day
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Note: Murray will probably not be done on the first. I'm lazy.:dizzy:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Goemon: I've heard of this guy, and he seems all Japanese-like and interesting. Your main goal seems to be showing us exactly how characters can translate into Smash Bros. You did a very good thing by showing us all of those animations to get a feel for how Goemon looks, moves, and acts. However, it's a little much, and distracts from the rest of the moveset, especially since it gets into tedious detail and it's at the very beginning. I'd find a way to compress the animation section, though they are very appreciated.

Speaking of the rest of the moveset...the A moves themselves are rather uninspired, imho. I think you can put a little more creative effort into this. There are some issues with the Special Moves:

- How exactly do you charge neutral B? Is it automatic, do you hold the button....?
- Forward B: What is "Mini-Impact?" You leave us hanging there; some people might not know what exactly that is.
- How long does the Down B transformation last/is it reversible?
- Is there a change in trajectory for the Neutral/Side B if you use them while lying down?
- For the Final Smash: What is "Impact?" Again, you're leaving out crucial details for people who might not be familiar with the series. In addition, how is one supposed to know how to input the multi-button attacks?
- Also, why are the Throws separated from the rest of the actual moves?
I added some detail to the B moves to answer the questions you had. I also moved the G moves up. They were not supposed to be separated, but it kind of looked like they were with the large update.

I could not think of a resourceful way to move the gif's. Each time I moved them, it felt cluttered at the bottom.

As for the A moves, I tried to add detail and I changed a few. I am not very good with them though,

aeolous

Smash Apprentice
Madarame Ikkaku joins the Brawl!

Overview-
Ikkaku is an extremely skilled and powerful fighter, and lives for the thrill of battle. His weapon, Houzukimaru, seems to take the form of a spear, but is actually more than it appears. Ikkaku can separate it at will into three sections, connected by a chain, effectively turning it into a tri-section staff. He enjoys toying with his opponents, often waiting to use his full power until it is clear he won’t win otherwise. Because he is so skilled, he is used to being in complete control of a fight, and if the enemy exceeds his expectations, he can be caught totally off-guard, throwing off his game. This holds true in Smash as well. He is powerful and has excellent range, meaning that he can dish out lots of damage without taking much in return. But once his control is lost, it can be difficult to regain momentum due to his light weight, fast fall speed and bad recovery. He is all about denying the enemy the opportunity to gain control in the first place with his priority, power, and the ability to change his playstyle mid-game by switching his weapon between forms. In the spear form, Ikkaku will be somewhat on the slow side, but will have many hard-hitting attacks with great range. The tri-section form, on the other hand, will be shorter range, and generally weaker, but faster, better at racking damage, and does not rely on a sweetspot, like many of the spear attacks do.

Walk speed: 5- average
Run speed: 6- slightly above average
Horizontal air speed: 3- fairly slow
Speed: 8- falls faster than many characters
Traction: 4- turnaround not particularly quick, slides a bit
Height: 6- somewhere around average (usually seems a bit shorter because of his posture, much like Wolf)
Weight: 4- a bit light
KO power: 7- quite decent power (especially with the sweetspotted spear)
Jump height: 4- eh. Nothing notable.
Recovery: 3- distance is not the best, and easily gimped.
Overall attack speed: 4- a bit slow, but not terribly
Overall attack range: 10- excellent range due to the length of his weapon.
Wall jump, wall cling, crawl, glide- all no

Entrance- Steps out of a senkai gate
Stand-
----Spear- Feet wide, hunched over slightly, like an animal ready to fight. Spear is held low on his right side, with left hand and foot forward.
----Tri-section- Stands slightly more upright, now with right foot forward. Bladed end piece is in his left hand, held above his head and pointing forward. The other end is in his right hand, held pointing forward at about waist height. The middle section hangs in front of his chest.
Crouch- Gets on one knee, with both hands still holding on to Houzukimaru, and resting on the ground. Not that much shorter than his normal stance.
Walk- Stalks forward, mostly similar to his standing pose, but with his feet moving.
Run- Still somewhat hunched over, sprints forward (sort of like sheik’s run). Spear is laid along his left arm with the blade pointing outward and the butt along his back. Tri-section form is still held in both hands, with his left hand held on the right side of his body, blade pointing backwards, and his right hand held further back and out to the side.
Victory pose 1- Does a shortened version of the luck-luck dance
Victory pose 2- Arms laying on his spear, which is resting across his shoulders. Turns his back to the camera, and looks back over his left shoulder with a grin and a short “Heh!”
Victory pose 3- Spins his spear above his head a couple times before slamming the point to the ground in front of him, grinning into the camera.
Defeat pose- Spear in one hand, hanging to his side, his face is in his other palm, with his head hanging in shame.
Up taunt- Brandishes his weapon while calling out “Don’t misjudge!”
Down taunt- Putting his spear above his shoulders (or the tri-section staff, it’s about the same either way,) Ikkaku spreads his feet wide and stretches, bouncing his body from one ankle to the other.
Side taunt- Pulls his lower eyelids down and sticks out his toungue, making a face at the opponent.

Rising attack- Handstands upwards, spinning with his feet split apart, helicopter-kicking anyone nearby. 5%, low knockback.
Ledge attack (<100%)- Vaults over the edge feet first, kicking anyone who is standing too close. 5%, low knockback.
Ledge attack (>100%)- Pulls himself up slowly, standing up with an uppercut once he’s fully on the stage. 6%, low knockback.

Note: Damages do not account for move decay
Other note: Kill percentages are estimated for a Mario in the middle of Final Destination.

Neutral B- Split/Merge Houzukimaru
- Description: Changes weapon between spear and tri-section forms. Ikkaku will simply move into the stance for the form he is changing into, while the sections join or separate. This can be done in the air or on the ground.
- Speed: It isn’t actually an attack, so it is very quick. Takes about a quarter second to complete, but you can only change once every second.
- Damage/knockback: N/A
- Uses: Switch between forms, changing your playstyle to match the situation and increasing unpredictability.

Down B- Feint
- Description: Performs animation for Fsmash or Fair (if he uses it in the air), but does no damage or knockback. This cancels any enemy attack that it comes in contact with, and if it is shielded, forces them to drop their shield and causes some stun. For a short time after this false attack, you can press B again to perform the real hit, which comes out very quickly. The actual hit varies depending on which move was copied, and will be described along with those moves. This works sort of like Link/Toon Link’s Fsmash, in that you can do the second part immediately or after a short pause, depending on the situation. This move is not interrupted by landing when executed in the air.
- Speed: Starting lag is same as whichever attack it is copying. Ending lag (after the real attack) is low.
- Damage/knockback: Same for all versions of this attack, 7%, medium to low knockback.
- Uses: This has epic mindgame potential. Use it to fake out people who like to shield/spotdodge and punish your attacks; if they shield, they will be stunned and pretty much guaranteed to be hit with the second part, while if they spotdodge, you can use the second part to foil their inevitable attempt at punishing your lag (or rather, the lag that would have been there had you actually used your forward smash, for example.) Then, when people get used to you using this move, throw in a real Fsmash to kill them.

Side B- Whiplash
- Description:
---> Spear form-
Ikkaku flips the butt of the spear forward and lets go with his right hand, his left holding on to the part just beneath the blade. The sections separate as he does this, and the butt flies forward while the chains connecting the sections lengthen slightly, so that the entire attack reaches the length of . Then he gives it a yank and pulls it back towards him, where he catches the end piece in his right hand and rejoins the sections back into a spear.
---> Tri-section form-Basically the same thing, except that instead of having to use the leverage of the spear to get the end section moving, he throws it from his right hand.
- Speed (same for both forms): Beginning is pretty quick, very little start-up lag. Actual attack lasts just a little longer than Falco’s shine, and there is a small amount of ending lag. The hitbox is only while the section is moving outwards, not on its way back.
- Damage/knockback (same for both forms): 10%, with decent knockback at a low angle.
- Uses: The main usefulness of this attack is its range, which, combined with it's fairly good speed, makes for a great safe damager, much like Samus's Zair. An excellent surprise move, use it to hit enemies who think they are too far away, or maybe to follow up an attack that hit them too far away for anything else.

Up B- Sky crash
- Description: Ikkaku jumps up in the air, about the same distance as Marth’s recovery, but angled slightly more forward. If he was in tri-section mode, the sections re-join on his way up. During the jump, the spear is on his left side, pointing backwards (so his right arm is across his body and his left arm is extended behind him.) At the peak of the jump, he brings the spear up, then crashes to the ground with a powerful blow. The horizontal range of this attack is about one stage builder block, with a sweetspot at the blade of the spear.
- Speed: Takes about the same time as Aether to get off the ground, but takes just a little longer to come back down, and a little more ending lag.
- Damage/knockback:
sweetspotted- 19%, enemy bounces up at a high angle forward. Can kill around 150%, spikes offstage
nonsweetspotted- 14%, doesn’t bounce as high, same angle. Won’t kill until around 190%, spikes offstage (lower hitstun than sweetspot though, so they might recover at low percents.)
- Uses: Mainly recovery. It’s not a very good recovery move, because the distance is not that great, and there isn’t an attack until he’s on his way down. Can be gimped by a smart opponent, but if they get the timing wrong, it can easily lead to their own death because of the spiking properties. Can also be used onstage as a pseudo-counter attack (jump over a projectile/warlock punch/whathaveyou and punish ending lag with the attack part,) but this can be somewhat dangerous, especially if you miss/they dodge.

Final smash- Bankai- Ryuumon Houzukimaru
Description: Red flame-like energy surrounds Ikkaku, and with a cry of “Bankai!!” Houzukimaru glows and changes form, seen below.

Ikkaku will begin slowly spinning the entire confection above his head, holding it by the handle on the center blade. Anyone who accidentally runs into the moving blades takes 15% damage and is knocked away, but not very far. The dragon symbol on the center blade will start to fill up with red color, and will be completely full after 8 seconds. You can attack Ikkaku, but he has super armor and takes half damage, and this will only make the dragon fill up faster (every 10% [5% after it is halved] reduces time by one second.) Best you just run away, because when the dragon fills all the way up, Ikkaku is free to move and attack. The entire final smash lasts 20 seconds, so if you cause him to fill up faster by attacking him, it’s that much longer that he can attack you back. His movement speed and jump height are significantly increased, he can now walk on thin air (acts just like walking on the ground, renews jumps and allows him to turn around) for an unlimited amount of time by holding up on the control stick, and he is invincible. His only attack is to swing one of his weapons in a huge arc in front of him (or it can be turned around in the air,) dealing 40% and insane knockback, and with surprising speed. When the 20 seconds are up, Houzukimaru changes back to its normal form.

Neutral Combo-
Spear- Spin attack
- Description: Ikkaku swings the blade of the spear downwards, flips it and uppercuts with the butt, then starts spinning the spear vertically (clockwise if Ikkaku is facing to the right and vice versa), forming a circular hitbox centered just in front of his body that reaches just under a stage builder block forward. This is a repeating combo that continues for as long as you hold down A.
- Speed: First two hits are about the same speed as the first two of Ike’s jab, with the third repeating part having about the same delay before it.
- Damage/knockback: 3%, 3%, and 7%/second, respectively. No real knockback, enemies have to DI out of it.

Tri-section- Flail
- Description: Ikkaku shifts his right hand grip to the middle section, and swings that end forward, followed by a stab from the blade end in his left hand. He then holds the middle section in front of him and spins the end section around it in a vertical figure-eight pattern. This is also a repeating combo that lasts as long as A is held. The horizontal range of this repeating section is the same as the spear version, (the hitbox itself is much smaller, but is centered further in front of his body,) but the range of the first two hits is a bit shorter.
- Speed: a bit faster than the spear version, more around the speed of Snake’s jab.
- Damage/knockback: 2%, 3%, and 6%/second, respectively. Same knockback (or lack thereof) as spear.

Forward tilt-
Spear- Reverse Jab
- Description: Ikkaku takes a small step forward with his right foot and reverses the spear, smacking the opponent with the butt end of it in a horizontal swing at shoulder level. Range is good, hits about one and a half blocks away.
- Speed: Decent, just a bit of start-up lag (~quarter second), and about the same ending.
- Damage/knockback: 12%, knockback is good. Might kill around 140%.
- Uses: Spacing. Keep people back away from you where they belong. Alternative kill move at higher percents.

Tri-section- Scissor Stab
- Description: Ikkaku stabs both ends of the weapon into the opponent, then pulls them apart from each other (like opening a pair of scissors after stabbing someone with them.) Two-hit attack, a little less range than spear at about one block.
- Speed: About the same startup as Pikachu’s side tilt, and very little ending lag. Hits are close together.
- Damage/knockback: 2 hits, 6% and 8%, respectively. No knockback on first hit, second hit has a little. You probably won’t be killing with this much.
- Uses: Damage racking, following up another attack.

Down tilt-
Spear- Shin Stab

- Description: Just a poke forward with his spear, much like Marth’s dtilt, but a bit longer range. Sweetspot at the blade.
- Speed: Just a hair slower than DK’s dtilt
- Damage/knockback: 9% (12% sweetspot), low horizontal knockback
- Uses: Spacing and shield poking, can also be useful for knocking enemies off the ledge if they've been hanging there too long.

Tri-section- Cobra Sweep
- Description: Holding on to one end segment, Ikkaku throws the other end to the side, so that it arcs around in front of him about the length of one and a half small stage builder blocks, and strikes at the enemy’s feet on its way back to his hand. This pulls enemies back towards Ikkaku instead of knocking them backwards, or it has a possibility to trip them instead.
- Speed: About the same as Samus’s utilt, with low ending lag.
- Damage/knockback: 8%, low backward knockback, chance to trip.
- Uses: Draw people into another attack, such as a neutral combo or another tilt. Can also be used to stagespike enemies offstage or hanging on the edge (depends on the stage.)

Up tilt-
Spear- Vault Kick

- Description: Ikkaku plants the butt of the spear firmly on the ground right in front of him. He then uses it to push himself straight upwards, and when he gets to the top of the spear, he does a quick somersault, delivering a kick directly above him. Range is very good, but doesn’t really hit to the side at all. This can be used to avoid a lot of ground moves since he pushes himself so high off of the ground (like sonic’s usmash, but higher.)
- Speed: Fairly slow, decent amount of lag both before and after (more before.) Is only off the ground for a short time.
- Damage/knockback: 13%, mediocre knockback upwards.
- Uses: Hitting enemies directly above you; might catch them off-guard because of the range. Somewhat situational, so you probably won’t be using this terribly much.

Tri-section- Swipe
- Description: Holding on to just the end section, Ikkaku spins the other two sections around it once, holding it to his right side, so that the blade section hits above him in an arc from behind to in front, where he catches it back in his left hand. Hits a short distance on either side of him as well (kind of like Pikachu’s utilt.)
- Speed: Pretty fast, just a little starting lag.
- Damage/knockback: 10%, low knockback upwards.
- Uses: Wide range and good speed makes this good for interrupting aerial approaches, and can chain with its relatively low knockback.

Dash attack-
Spear- X slice
- Description: From his running stance, Ikkaku brings his spear diagonally upwards with his left hand, ending with his hand in front of his right shoulder. He then takes hold of the spear with his right hand, moves the point around to the left, and swings with both hands diagonally downwards, ending with the spear on his right side, pretty much in his standing pose. Two-hit attack, takes one good sized step between hits, so he keeps moving a short distance until the attack is over. This has a range of a little under a small stage builder block in front of him.
- Speed: Faster than it sounds, first hit comes out fairly fast, time between hits is about the same as Snake’s ftilt. There is some ending lag though.
- Damage/knockback: First hit deals 3% and very little knockback; at most percentages you should still be able to hit with the second hit, which does 5% and good knockback.
- Uses: Faster than many of his spear attacks, but also weaker than most. A decent approach, and if you are lucky you can avoid a shield grab because the range is pretty good.

Tri-section- Lunge
- Description: Reaches forward with is left arm and stabs with the bladed segment. Pretty straightforward. Range is alright, less than spear form though, and doesn’t have very much vertical range.
- Speed: Attack comes out right away, with just a little ending lag.
- Damage/knockback: 7%, with light knockback.
- Uses: Pretty good approach due to its speed, use to follow up other moves with low horizontal knockback.

Forward smash-
Spear- Cleave

- Description: Ikkaku pus the tip of the spear on the ground in front of him and turns his lower body in preparation. This is the charging pose. When the attack is released, he spins in a quick 360, bringing the spear up over his head and slamming it down in front. Hits very weakly for a very short distance above Ikkaku's head. Forward range is good, a bit longer than Marth's fsmash.
Extra animation for feint: Pops the tip of the spear back up from the ground, catching the enemy in an uppercut. Forward range is the same, but doesn't have the weak hitbox above.
- Speed: A bit faster than Ike’s fsmash.
- Damage/knockback:
Sweetspotted- 23-28%, kills around 90% (uncharged)
Nonsweetspotted: 18-24%, kills around 120% (uncharged)
- Uses: Kill! Alternatively, mix up with down B to mindgame, rack some damage, and then kill!

Tri-section- Somersault Crush
- Description: Ikkaku enters the charging pose by taking a small step backwards and crouching slightly, holding both ends of his weapon low to the ground in front of him. He attacks by jumping forward, doing a front flip in the air and slamming the end pieces down in front of him. This move causes Ikkaku to end up a short distance in front of where he started, though the distance is offset slightly by the backwards step at the beginning of the move.
- Extra animation for Feint: Does a backflip similar to Fox or Falco's usmash, kicking the enemy upwards.
- Speed: Slightly slower than Pikachu’s Fsmash.
- Damage/knockback: 16-23%, kills around 110% (uncharged)
- Uses: Also a kill move. Not quite as powerful as Cleave, but faster, and doesn’t rely on a sweetspot, so a bit more reliable against a slippery opponent.

Down smash-
Spear- Chopper

- Description: For the charging animation, Ikkaku brings the spear up to his left shoulder, like he would if he were about to swing a baseball bat, though with his hands farther spaced and closer to the center of the spear than the end. For the actual attack, he does a break-dance like spin on the ground, holding the spear above him so that it is spinning parallel to the ground. He finishes in a low crouch with the spear held in his right hand, pointing out to the side, and gets back up to his standing position. This hits 5 times on either side of him, with low vacuum knockback until the last hit, which knocks enemies away.
- Speed: Not very much start-up lag, but fairly long wind-down, and fairly long duration.
- Damage/knockback: 3-5% per hit, for total of 15-25%. Knockback is decent, might start killing around 125%
- Uses: Mostly damage and clearing out around you/punishing rolls. It can kill at higher percents, but you have more reliable moves for that.

Tri-section- Flip Whip
- Description: Ikkaku does a stationary backflip. While upside-down, he whips Houzukimaru around once above his head from his perspective, meaning the hitbox is below him. (since his head is pointing down.) This hits behind him, then in front of him, with a range of about one and a half stage builder block on each side.
- Speed: Roughly same as Diddy’s fsmash, with the actual attack duration just a little shorter.
- Damage/knockback: 14-22%, with fair-good knockback. Will start killing around 115%
- Uses: Also best for clearing around you, punishing rolls, etc. A bit better at killing than its spear counterpart, so a good backup finisher if your other kill moves are getting stale/predictable.

Up smash-
Spear- Javelin

- Description: For the charging pose, Ikkaku leans back, holding the spear like a javelin in his left hand pointing straight up. The attack consists of hurling the spear upwards like, well, a javelin. The spear travels straight up, the point reaching to a little above the height of Giga Bowser, then falls straight back down to Ikkaku’s hands. Only hits enemies on the way up.
- Speed: Somewhat long start-up, roughly the same as Ike’s Usmash, and also some ending lag, though not as long.
- Damage/knockback: 16%-21%, with good knockback at a high angle diagonally.
- Uses: Good for sniping people far above you who think they can’t be hit. Also good for ganking smash balls if you can get the timing right. Can be used to kill off the top, especially since they are probably fairly high up to begin with.

Tri-section- Shred
- Description: Moves his left hand to the middle section, and reconnects that to the section in his right hand, making two sections, the long one and the short one with the blade. For the attack, he pushes the long section up and spins the short section around it horizontally very quickly. This basically makes a wall above him with the hitbox, which is a little wider than Zelda’s Usmash hitbox as well as a fair amount higher above his body. Unfortunately, the height also means you are unlikely to hit anyone standing next to you. Hits multiple times, and difficult to DI out of. Best results are from trying to Smash DI upwards to avoid the last hit.
- Speed: A little amount of startup lag, similar to that of Marths usmash, duration about the same as Zelda’s Fsmash
- Damage/knockback: Total damage is 15-20%, with mediocre upwards knockback. Can kill at fairly high damage (~140%)
- Uses: Very good for interrupting aerial approaches, most attacks won’t have enough downwards range to get past the hitbox.

Neutral air-
Spear- Figure-Eight Spin

- Description: Spins the spear in one hand for one full revolution on either side of his body. Hits four times, hitbox completely surrounds his body for a good range.
- Speed: Just a hint of starting lag, duration is just a little longer than Pit’s Nair, with even space between the hits, and a little ending lag. A small amount of landing lag.
- Damage/knockback: 3% for the first three hits, and 4% for the last, making 13% total. Knockback is alright, but somewhat low compared to many of his other spear attacks. Won’t kill until very high percents.
- Uses: One of his fastest spear aerials, but also the shortest range, so use it to get people out of your face in the air.

Tri-section- Skip Rope
- Description: Fairly self-explanatory, Ikkaku holds the end segments and spins the middle section once around his body, as if he were jumping rope with it. Pulls his legs up a little bit to fit inside the swing. One of his shorter range attacks, hitbox extends just a little bit past his body on all sides.
- Speed: Fast, practically no starting lag, and very little ending. Autocancels on landing.
- Damage/knockback: 9%, low knockback
- Uses: Good for combos or following up another attack that knocks the enemy into the air. Also works as an approach because of the autocancel.

Forward air-
Spear- Sever

- Description: Holding the spear near its middle in one hand, Ikkaku swings it hard in a diagonal motion from his right hip to his left shoulder, reaching a little farther than Marth’s fair.
- Extra Feint animation: Turns around to his left, and jabs his left elbow into the enemy.
- Speed: Somewhat slow, similar to Ike or Dedede’s fair.
- Damage/knockback:
Sweetspotted- 16%, very good knockback, can kill around 120%
Nonsweetspotted- 12%, with still good knockback, will kill closer to 140%
- Uses: Good damage and knockback, use to kill in the air. Mix up with Feint for mindgames.

Tri-section- Face Kick
- Description: Bends both legs under his body, then kicks hard directly in front of him with his right foot. The attack finishes in roughly the same pose as the beginning of Snake’s fair, with his leg fully straightened and his foot at about the level of his face, but with his other leg still bent.
- Extra Feint animation- Brings his right foot back down while repeating the kick with his left foot.
- Speed: Timing is about the same as Mario’s fair. Not much landing lag.
- Damage/knockback: 12%, good knockback at a high angle
- Uses: Does fairly good damage, can be used as a KO move at high percentages. Usable with Feint to mix things up.

Backward air-
Spear- Surprise Jab

- Description: You know the stereotypical way that actors “stab” themselves with a sword by putting it under their armpit? That’s basically what this looks like. Ikkaku shoves the butt end of his spear behind him under his right arm, with about half of the spear’s length sticking out, then pulls it back.
- Speed: Fairly quick to start, overall timing is about the same as Diddy’s Fair. Very little landing lag.
- Damage/knockback: 10%, medium-low knockback at a low angle.
- Uses: Decent speed for spear aerial, makes for a passable approach in a pinch with little landing lag.

Tri-section- Windmill
- Description: Swings the end segment in his right hand up over his head and swings down with it behind him, then turns to follow with the other end, swung in the same arc, before turning back around to the front. 2-hit attack, range is about 2/3 of a small stage builder block.
- Speed: Timing is about the same as Lucario’s Dair.
- Damage/knockback: 4% and 5%, respectively (9% total.) Knockback is very low.
- Uses: This is a combo move, not really any knockback to speak of, and it’s pretty quick. Use to rack up damage.

Up air-
Spear- Air Divider

- Description: Does a somersault forward. As he is completing the flip, he swings the spear above him, using his rotational momentum to increase its speed. The spear moves from back to front, and hits the entire upper 180 degrees with a range of a little more than Marth’s Fair (rotated to point upwards, of course.)
- Speed: Takes about half a second to start, while he begins the somersault, and has a small amount of ending lag.
- Damage/knockback: 12%, or 15% sweetspotted, with good upwards knockback.
- Uses: A good option to kill off the top, if you can land it. The nice wide attack radius helps with that, but it’s fairly predictable.

Tri-section- Chain strike
- Description: Ikkaku gathers all three sections in his right hand. Then, he throws two of the sections upwards, while holding on to the end piece. The two pieces he lets go of (the bladed segment and the middle segment) travels upwards for a distance just under three small stage builder blocks, not quite in line with each other, but flailing around just a bit, before snapping back down to Ikkaku’s hands.
- Speed: Takes a little time to get started, and a small amount of ending lag.
- Damage/knockback: 12%, mediocre knockback upwards.
- Uses: Another move with above average range, especially for the tri-section form, and alright knockback makes it an option for off-the-top KO’s at higher percents.

Down air-
Spear- Great Thrust

- Description: Gripping the spear in one hand, Ikkaku stabs straight downwards, then sharply yanks it back upwards. This is a two-part attack, as both the initial thrust and the secondary jerk can damage foes. The thrust sends enemies downwards, while the jerk knocks them upwards. Both attacks reach the same distance (just under two blocks straight down), both have average hitstun, and both have a sweetspot at the blade of the spear. The two attacks should not chain into each other if the opponent is in the air.
- Speed: Thrust occurs after a period comparable to a Ganon fair, then a very brief pause until the second part of the attack, after which there is very little ending lag. Noticeable extra lag if Ikkaku lands on the ground before completing the attack.
- Damage/knockback:
Part 1 sweetspot: 12%, good knockback straight down (spike)
Part 1 nonsweetspot: 7%, medium knockback, off to the side, like Marth’s or Olimar’s dair when it doesn’t spike. Less hitstun than sweetspot.
Part 2 sweetspot: 10%, average knockback upwards
Part 2 nonsweetspot: 5%, fairly low knockback upwards. Less hitstun than sweetspot.
- Uses: Can be used to spike offstage, or to get grounded enemies into the air. Probably not one the most often used aerials.

Tri-section- Bore
- Description: Ikkaku flips so that he is upside-down, straightening out his legs and arms. He then spins rapidly, with both ends of the tri-section staff held together to form the point of the drill that his entire body has now become. The hitbox for this attack is only where the staff would hit, so running into the rest of Ikkaku’s body will do nothing. This is a multi-hit attack, ending with Ikkaku pulling the ends of the weapon away from each other and out to his sides, knocking enemies away, before flipping back right-side-up.
- Speed: Little lag either starting or ending, attack lasts for about half a second.
- Damage/knockback: All hits together deal 13%, the last hit makes for 3% on its own, and knocks back a fair distance.
- Uses: Mostly just damaging foes .

Grab- Reaches forward with his left hand and palms the enemies face. Average range and speed. If he was in tri-section mode, Houzukimaru will turn back into spear form for the duration of the grab, since that way is easier for him to use with one hand. It will turn back as soon as the enemy is released, with no extra lag.

Grab attack- Bashes the enemy’s face with his forehead. 2%, mediocre speed.

Forward throw- Rears back his foot and punts the enemy forward. Low knockback, so you won’t be killing with it, but it can be used to space a follow-up attack, or maybe a chain at very low percentages (depending on the enemy character.) 9%

Backward throw- Impales the enemy with the spear, then turns around, bringing them up over his head and slamming them into the ground behind him. Remains facing backwards at the end of the grab. The enemy bounces up a medium-short distance, moving diagonally upwards and back. 13%

Up throw- Tosses the enemy up above him, then leans backwards into a handstand, using both his feet to push the enemy into the air. Knockback is low, sends enemy straight upwards. 9%

Down throw- Tosses the enemy up in front of him, then smashes them into the ground with the spear. Does no knockback, but acts like G&W’s down throw, where the enemy stays on the ground where they were hit. 11%

Codec conversation-
Snake: Hey, what’s with this bald guy? He seems really excited about something.
Mei Ling: That’s Ikkaku, Snake. He loves a good fight, and there are a lot of strong opponents here.
Snake: He’s like a kid in a candy store… it’s starting to creep me out.
Mei Ling: Well, it isn’t often that he gets a challenge like this.
Snake: He’s that good, huh?
Mei Ling: He’s definitely not one to be underestimated. Be extremely careful, Snake. I get the feeling that there’s more than meets the eye here…

Kirby hat- Kirby’s head becomes shiny, and he gains the eye paint. He can use a shorter-range version of Whiplash.

Symbol-

Stage- Sokyoku hill

This is basically just how the picture looks (ignore the giant flaming halberd in the background.) The ground is level all the way across, there are no platforms, and the top blast zone is pretty high. It is walk-off on one side, and has a drop-off cliff on the other, with the blast zone fairly close to the edge of the ground. Nothing special so far. So, on to the stage hazard. Periodically, one of several captains of the 13 Protection Squads will appear at a random point on the stage and attack the players. Each captain will do something different, described below, and have an equal chance of appearing, except for Kenpachi, who appears at about half the rate of everyone else. All of these attacks have a fairly large delay between when the captain appears and when the attack actually happens, so players have a good warning, which they should take advantage of, since these can hurt a lot.

Histugaya Toushirou-

Points his sword either left or right, and fires a stream of ice shaped like a dragon from the tip in that direction. The stream is roughly the height of Ivysaur, and moves as fast as Marth’s Critical Hit. Anyone hit by it takes 20% damage and are frozen for several seconds (frozen time increases with higher damage,) with little knockback. One of the easier ones to dodge, but has the unfortunate freezing effect which makes it easier for enemies to follow up with their own attacks.

Kuchiki Byakuya-

Holds his sword in front of him, while it shatters into a multitude of tiny pink fragments. These swirl around his body in a large tornado, roughly three small stage builder blocks wide, and as high as the top Battlefield platform. This deals 8%/second and lasts for 5 seconds, for a possible total of 40%, with low knockback at the end.

Yamamoto-Genryuusai-

Stands for a moment with his hands resting on his staff in front of him. Then, he lifts up the staff, and the wood shreds away, revealing his sword. He causes a large area around him to be covered in intense flames for 7 seconds, damaging anyone inside. The area is about the size of 2 Battlefield platforms, though only reaching vertically to the height of the low ones. Anyone caught in these flames receives 12%/second, but no knockback or flinching, meaning they are still free to move or attack normally.

Zaraki Kenpachi-

Appears with his sword in his right hand, resting on his shoulder. He slowly takes a fighting stance, putting his right foot forward and placing his left hand on the hilt. Still slowly, he raises the sword above his head, then suddenly brings it down very quickly, causing a huge explosion of yellow energy directly in front of him. The explosion is a bit larger than a full smart bomb blast, and causes 40% and huge knockback. Avoid at all costs! This will kill at very low percentages. However, it is also the slowest to occur, and covers the smallest area.

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance an orange elephant on Chirstmas, a
Madarame Ikkaku : Looks really awesome from the skim I did cause it's all well detailed and organised, we can clearly see what goes where. I see you've put a lot of efforts. My only complaint is that you should put the Final Smash at the end, apart from Specials, as it's the "Final" move.

I'm gonna comment on other movesets soon.

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
Uh...the only alt. costume is Nuka, which had the three different stats listed...:ohwell:..and he has no alt attacks, but I listed the alt. taunt/victory pose, so yeah. Do you mean Alt. Colors? Cause those don't have different stats...
I just meant that an alt costume shouldn't change any of the stats, except maybe the name called at the end.

@Mia: Oh, how did I miss this one. Golden Sun was a good game. Overall impression: Good use of healing and creative extrapolations of her primarily Ica and Healing abilities. Only real problem: What if the person plays somewhere where they turn items off? The entire Djinn mechanic then becomes completely different, functioning to give a tidal effect to Mia's power unless she simply chooses to not use Neutral B...I think I just answered my own question:psycho:Solid moveset, good work Tanookie.

The Bair is awesome

Akiak

Smash Ace
Attention please! *ding ding*

I'm afraid I'm getting bored of making movesets. I'll finish Toad Brigade, then I don't know what'll happen. With Paint Roller, I haven't done much still, because I just don't find it entertaining anymore. I prefer playing with Game Maker, Spore, Garageband etc.
I've had a wonderful time, and many thanks to those who helped or supported me for my short career. I might come back every once in a while, hang out in the chat, but I've closed with making sets. I will vote tho, me like voting :)
If the need to MYM ever returns, I'll be back. *tear*

Bye for now, and Happy Chillinz! :bigthumbu

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Attention please! *ding ding*

I'm afraid I'm getting bored of making movesets. I'll finish Toad Brigade, then I don't know what'll happen. With Paint Roller, I haven't done much still, because I just don't find it entertaining anymore. I prefer playing with Game Maker, Spore, Garageband etc.
I've had a wonderful time, and many thanks to those who helped or supported me for my short career. I might come back every once in a while, hang out in the chat, but I've closed with making sets. I will vote tho, me like voting :)
If the need to MYM ever returns, I'll be back. *tear*

Bye for now, and Happy Chillinz! :bigthumbu
I understand how you feel, Akiak, I'm starting to lose the ph1r3 fire myself.

Before anyone jumps on top of me and ties me down to a chair, I promise that Lemmy Koopa, Castlevania 3 heroes, and my 2 secret characters will be done at least before I retire.

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance an orange elephant on Chirstmas, a
I'm sad seeing many people left, like Akiak, TWILTY, Spade almost left, etc.

But it must happen for all of us one day.

But, I have an announcement, and it's not another moveset.

I'm gonna need a little help from a Wordpress user like one of the Sins ( sorry Ocon and PPl ) to help me doing a front page that is not changed everytime you do a post.

I also might report characters like Primid, Yoda, Sub-Zero and Bowser Minions to MYM6, so I can take care of mah other movesets, mah Story mode and mah Review Center.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Good luck with them reviews, Trophy, and I will be back to see Birdon, I'm sure it'll come out great.

Around summer, when school is outta mah way, there's a bigger chance I'll return.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Madarame Ikkaku was good. It has lots of detail (as if you don't know that). Love the weapon switch thingy.

That's better than "Bundt was great!" isn't it MW?

NO! Akiak leaves. Wahhh.

@TM: Are you asking for other reviewers or just a helper for the layout and stuff.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
That's better than "Bundt was great!" isn't it MW?
You mean Bundt wasn't great? :(
Only joking!
Anyway, I'm honestly not sure what I'll do next now... don't expect another moveset for a while, since I'm back in school.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
I think he meant that "Bundt is great!" is a really bad response because it doesn't really go into detail about what they liked about it or any constructive criticism.
Didn't you read the spoiler after it? :p

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Speaking of Bundit, that move set gave me the idea to do my favorite bosses from SMPRG. Presenting for MYM5 (or 6...):

Those sig buttons were in fact made by yours truly. ^_^

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
That Ikkaku moveset was great.

I'm surprised by how much work you guys put into these, actually. Pretty cool. We aussies are too busy feeding our kangaroos to put time into movesets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom